Korean Music: Discussion

Discuss the Korean music industry.
Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 9th, '11, 16:52

Kekeke, today I wanted to try to translate and sub a kpop MV. I chose something fresh - X-5 - 쇼 하지마.
The translation part was actually very easy and short.... but... all the subtitle timing and hardsubbing a video... it took quite a while. So here it is :

I know that audio and video is not in sync, but somewhere in all that video rendering, converting and other stuff, it went off and it was already too late to fix it. Translated all by myself, used my pocket dictionary, for words that weren't it in, google translate(don't worry, not for the text, I translated only words) but most of all - my knowledge in Korean. Kekekeke. I'll probably write subs for Lie to Me last few episodes...

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jun 10th, '11, 03:21

Happy news :D
SMTOWN LIVE WORLD TOUR in PARIS will be broadcast on July 2 on MBC :cheers:

here all update and info aboutSM town ^o^

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 10th, '11, 07:12

They're also going to broadcast the live concert via their official Youtube channel. I belive they will put up the links on FB wall. :cheers: :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 10th, '11, 20:11

I read the rumor that Yeosob (or whatever his name) along with Jonghyeon will be leaving Immortal Song 2. Is that true?
If so, well, actually the only reason for me to watch it will be out. No Junsu, no Jonghyeon...

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 11th, '11, 00:28

Yeah its true. Jonghyun will be leaving after 3rd episode and will be replaced by 2PM's Junsu. :-( Yoseob will be leaving after second episode and will be replaced by MBLAQ's G.O. Both will drop out due busy schedules. Also IU only signed for one episode and will be replaced by SECRET's Song Ji Eun.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 11th, '11, 05:09

I was just watching Dream Concert and look what I found o_O

Viande, that's good news, now I am considering watching it :D Ok, I'm a fan of Junsu and MBLAQ. :>

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 11th, '11, 11:20

You sure have some strange inclinations, Neliets. In British English "as*" may denote also a donkey. See nothing inappropriate. :whistling:

But this song of Seo Inguk is just bad...

And my interest in Immortal Song 2 just vanished like that. Shallow me.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 11th, '11, 17:51

Thanks to KFM, found San E a few days ago and have to say his songs are really entertaining. Crazy/clever enough to make me laugh. :lol
This song is just awesome in many ways:
San E - Tasty San

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » Jun 14th, '11, 15:00

I had the pleasure of seeing an absolutely kick ass korean traditional band on friday, Noreum Machi.

Official site
Description and info

"Trailer"
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pJhg-uq2q6Y" frameborder="0"></iframe>
If you get the chance, go watch them, they rock the stage and are totally mesmerizing. They perform "virtuosic percussion music known as samulnori...Samulnori is a modernized staged adaptation of p’ungmul nori, a ritualistic celebratory event with origins in shamanism and animism performed by rice farmers and professional musicians at harvest festivals. Noreum Machi’s colorful program includes spectacular percussion dialogues, shamanic chants, and acrobatic dances." Even if you don't like such music, seeing them live is a real experience. I saw another korean traditional performance in 2008 which was also awesome, but I liked this group more.

Their leader trained the actors for The King and the Clown, and apparently appeared in it too. They have only 24 listeners on last fm, so here's the album+an additional track from the promo cd to spread the love
click
I'm not a subscriber so it will disappear after some time. If it happens and you want it, pm me. I used EAC+lame, and the files have replay gain per track data which you can remove if you don't want it.

I adapt my tags to last fm, and there is no korean entry, but if you want the name of the band in the korean script - 노름마치.

If someone has any traditional recommendations, please share it ^^ I love asian traditional music but I only know a few chinese artists and the mongolian (modernized) band hanggai. As far as korean artists go, thanks to the story of hyang dan I discovered Infinity of sound (whose 1st album which is the most traditional one i still haven't been able to complete)

Ok,now I need some additional help ^^;

Does anyone know the artist/name of this song? it's a recording from a korean shoutcast station. I recorded it a few years ago and since i was using an old version of winamp that couldn't show the characters, the name was a total mess.

the second thing - I burned a kpop cd for a friend, and since she's reluctant to even try it since it's korean (aka *extremely* exotic here), and since i need to burn some western songs for her i want to throw in some kpop without letting her know it's korean :) i'm not really familiar with modern kpop since i don't like it (i like artists such as w&whale and winterplay), what i know is from or because of kdramas and ddr/pump it up. my friend is crazy about beyonce, lady gaga, rhianna, black eyed peas etc. so i would need some upbeat smash hits from 2009 to now (2008 is okay too!) that someone with her taste could/would like. i've learned about heartbreaker and lollipop here, so i'm burning those too (and may i say, lollipop has to be one of the most irritating kpop songs i've ever heard yet it's strangely appealing at the same time)

stuff i put on the 1st cd which i can't use again::
1.dbsk mirotic
2.super junior sorry sorry
3.wonder girls tell me
4.jo sung mo i'll smile
5.girls generation mr taxi
6.park ji yoon sung in shik
7.girls generation run devil run
8.wonder girls so hot
9.jyj be my girl
10.no min woo trap
11.baby vox doll
12.dbsk wrong number
13.dbsk purple line
14.wonder girls nobody
15.lee jung hyun - michyeo
16.kim jo han - love
17.m to m - this is really goodbye
18.lee sun hee -fox rain
19.rumble fish- love is cruel and written

the oldies and kdrama songs are the ones i like and the last 3 were examples of ballads just to let her hear what they're like.

edit: i forgot, thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help!

edit2: okay going through this thread i picked: lollipop (which now i actually sort of like x_x), g-dragon a boy, 2pm again&again (me likes a lot!), ss501 love ya, 4minute hot issue, dbsk the way you are, g-dragon heartbreaker. i might change it, any other suggestion is welcome. btw that band infinite is one of the better ones, btd (and again and again by 2pm) sort of stands out in the plethora of boyband music which sounds all the same to me. dbsk is an exception, since i find some of their stuff to be quite above the rest (like mirotic and wrong number, incredibly catchy)

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 16th, '11, 21:09

Here are few songs which suck people into kpop(from my experience) -
2PM - Again And Again
2PM - I Hate You
SS501 - Love Ya
SS501 - Love Like This
Big Bang - Haru Haru
Outsider - Loner (I know few people who do like this song but doesn't like kpop)

From DBSK I'd say it's Wrong Number but you already had it on the first CD.

You can put in it :
MBLAQ - Again
MBLAQ - Oh Yeah
MBLAQ - Y
MBLAQ - Cry
MBLAQ - Stay
(yes, I am a fan of MBLAQ but they are good. Just pick which you like)

Ok, a kpop ballad(quite old but extremely good)
Fly To The Sky - Like A Man

As for more recent kpop :
Heo Young Saeng - Let it go[/ur]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hShOR9B85lY]Kim Hyun Joong - Please

X-5 - Don't put an act
B1A4 - O.K.
Infinite - Before The dawn (won't give you a link since you already know it)

If you need more - ask. I have a lot to give :D And by the way, where do you live? To be honest, I'm also the one who mostly likes those songs that stand out and has some kind of decency in them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I haven't really criticized anything that happens on music shows for a while now, I decided to do it today! I have M! Countdown with me today and here we go :

First to perform - YoungJi - It's not a big deal(if my knowledge in Korean is right) - and the song really seems to be not a big deal. Really - nothing.

M to M - hell, they are just the same as 4 MEN and few other ballad bands. Too boring for me, even though I love sad ballads. They lack something.... or maybe the songs are at fault...

Leader's - Please : Oh, crap. Their first performance(as far as I know), and I'm loving the song. The song is good, girls are pretty, yet they haven't overdone anything. And again - the song is just... mmm. I downloaded it straight away! ;> I think I will make subs for this song. ;O

Sunny Hill - They tried hard to stand out. I can't say that they failed, though. I don't like it at all. Maybe it's just me.

4 MEN - ok, fast forwarding

Secret - I sort of like Secret. Not the songs, though. I think I should fall for this very cute and pretty concept but... I haven't fallen for it. Song is definitely not a good one.

5Dolls - Their first song was just stupid. This is kind of... stupid, too. But I like it anyways. I don't listen to it but I do watch the performances. I think it's because of the main vocalist. First time I saw the performance, she reminded me of Ha Ji Won in What Happened in Bali.

Baek Ji Young - Not a song for me. Bores me, sorry. She had better songs.

N-Train - Average. Nothing much to look at, except for one especially annoying looking guy, whose voice is even more annoying. If anyone knows what I'm talking - the blond guy.

Kim Hyun Joong - Break Down : Even though I liked his song Please a lot, this one is just crap. I hope he will perform Please aswell...

Boyfriend - Ahhh, not a fan of feminine guys but someone has to do it.

Illinit-something - no... plain rap is not meant for me, even though there is a pretty girl.

FT Island - I'm a fan of Jongki (not sure of his name, though... ahh, fans these days, right?), I liked Love, Love, Love song but this Hello Hello seems extremely familiar. ^^ Anyhow, I like the Rock-ish touch, they should do much more of these rock-kinda songs. But you have to admit that Jongki-guy is a very, very good singer.

Heo Young Saeng - Oh, I love this one. Sadly in this performance the chick isn't there(but he could find a better girl, though). But I somehow like the way how the guy looks. Quite handsome(it's very weird to say it, since I'm a guy).

Jang Jae In - WHAT THE HECK? Oh my god, I think I'm going blind and deaf at the same time. I have to be fast and fast forward this.

Jang Woo Hyuk - He seems popular. Can't understand why, though. Not going to comment on the song, though.

Beast special - The first song. Nothing wrong with it. Nice and lovely but getting annoyed by the troll-looking guy(not Yeosob). Fiction - Ok, I admit, I like the song now. But the guy still annoys me too much.

The Kim Hyun Joong's encore stage was very, very awkward.

A lot of stuff written today. Good night. ^^

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 17th, '11, 17:36

Based on what your friend listens, I could recommend trying these out for her:

SHINee - Electric Heart
SHINee - Lucifer
SHINee - Ready Or Not
Brown Eyed Girls - Abracadabra
Brown Eyed Girls - Moody Night
MBLAQ- Cry
MBLAQ - Stay
MBLAQ - Y
miss A - Bad Girl, Good Girl
Son Dam Bi - Crazy
Son Dam Bi - Queen
G-Dragon - Heartbreaker
Big Bang - Tonight
Big Bang - Emotion
Infinite - Hysterie
F(x) - Mr Boogie
2NE1 - Fire
2NE1 - I'm Busy
Super Junior - It's You
Super Junior M - Super Girl
U-Kiss - Light It Up
SS501 - Love Ya
SNSD - Hoot
Rain- Hip Song
2PM - Gimme The Light
4Minute - Muzik
4Minute - Funny
T-ara - One & One
T-Ara - Wanna Play?
T-ara - Like The Beginning
T-ara - T.T.L listen 2
Hwayobi - Rose
Hwayobi - Bye Bye Bye
Hwanhee - Because I Missed Your Heart
Hwanhee - Don't Go Away

I tried to pick up "sexy" songs, like what Rihanna, Lady Gaga and Black Eyed Peas have. I think SHINee, Brown Eyed Girls, Son Dam Bi, Rain, T-ara & MBLAQ would be most suitable and they have more good songs than just those I listed. (in addition what you already had like DBSK and Super Junior) and I probably forgot half... Too hard task :mrgreen:

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jun 17th, '11, 17:51

I havent been catching up with my Kpop but with all these recommendation going around Im going to using the list as well. :thumright: Damn, I was never too interested in pop music...more like hip hop and R&B, but with Kpop it brought me back to that genre. :P

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 18th, '11, 15:27

The song I mentioned earlier : Leader's - Please. I subbed it already :D I love that song :>

Here is the link.

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » Jun 19th, '11, 22:30

thank you so much guys! and omg viande you didn't have to link every single song, it takes a lot of time ^^; thank you so much for your effort! i picked a (large) number of those that you both listed. if she likes it, she'll get more.

i'm from croatia, more or less the only asians you can see here are tourists :) i want to work around some prejudice about asian stuff (with non geeks of course), you know, to show that it's not weird/exotic at all, and just as cool. with music i picked kpop because it's the most familiar one to western ears (added 2 jpop songs this time though).

i'm gonna share 2 songs, first one is OLD, but it's so fun and catchy and since there might be someone who hasn't seen it (or heard), i'm posting it

Witches-There she is (ska)

and the 2nd one Dragon Eyes from a game.i really don't know how to categorize this, some sort of kpop mixed with metal? but it's awesome imo, and chances are you haven't heard it

almost forgot, neliets it seems that love ya and love like this really work on people, my mum liked them, but hated the rest :lol and mblaq are good, seems to me they're the best of the bunch. btw why do koreans love to use autotune so much, even when the singers can sing? :/ it just gives me headaches (literally). oh, and i loved let it go! my kind of kpop :-)

thanks so much again!

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 20th, '11, 10:26

Good if it was some help. ^^
Tyrea wrote: almost forgot, neliets it seems that love ya and love like this really work on people, my mum liked them, but hated the rest :lol and mblaq are good, seems to me they're the best of the bunch. btw why do koreans love to use autotune so much, even when the singers can sing? :/ it just gives me headaches (literally). oh, and i loved let it go! my kind of kpop :-)
I have never got it why SS501 is so popular, because for me they only have couple of songs (mentioned above) I consider as good. But I guess it's because they're more of normal pop where as I like electronic. ^^ (You're talking with a person who used to listen electronic headache music like industrial. :mrgreen: ) As for MBLAQ, they're one of my favourite groups. But to be honest their live singing isn't that good. (Probably worst of the bunch.)

About autotune, it's just one effect that I guess is in fashion at the moment. I like electronic sound so I don't mind mind it. Though, we had some groups that were totally overdoing it, like old U-Kiss. But after they got some new members who can actually sing they reduced its use.

Also, B2ST had some very good songs on their new album (Fiction and Fact) but I didn't list them because I thought they wouldn't fit to the music taste. But they're really good nonetheless and very good live singers.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 21st, '11, 14:19

2PM has a new album. They haven't even performed yet but I can say one thing - the song(Hands Up) is just crap. Very, very, very disappointed. I bet that song will make me like it after a while, but that won't change anything. There are probably only like 2-3 songs that are decent(from the new ones)... Very, very disappointed.

Tyrea, check this song out -
I liked it from right from the first notes. Not sure why. These girls seem different. In a good way, of course.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 21st, '11, 20:31

K-Wave Station, new show about... well, K-Wave. This time - in English.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fUCnR_MZvuM" frameborder="0"></iframe>

KBS launched its own channel on YT, so I won't be uploading the show here.
Enjoy.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 24th, '11, 00:15

Thank you Ethlenn! :wub:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 24th, '11, 12:33

Ethlenn wrote:K-Wave Station, new show about... well, K-Wave. This time - in English.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fUCnR_MZvuM" frameborder="0"></iframe>

KBS launched its own channel on YT, so I won't be uploading the show here.
Enjoy.
Huh. Both MCs are very awkward. That guy's pronunciation is a big off, but I felt some British accent, though. I can forgive them the awkwardness. They probably are new to this.

^_^

Tyrea

Post by Tyrea » Jun 24th, '11, 15:48

Neliets wrote: Tyrea, check this song out -
I liked it from right from the first notes. Not sure why. These girls seem different. In a good way, of course.
I listened to it when you posted it for the first time ;) It's really nice, but since I'm someone who's extremely sensitive to wrong notes...their singing is butchering it ^^;;;; it doesn't mean that they're necessarily bad singers, it's their 1st performance and fear can play mean tricks on people. a studio recording will fix it. just to point out one thing, i haven't heard any k-band except dbsk singing live so i don't know how they compare to others. not sure i want to know ^^;;; but thank you for the suggestion!

@viande

oh beast ARE good. but yes, i don't think she would like it. it's more for me haha.i'll look up their live performances too.

to be honest i actually have the same problem with modern kpop in general as well; even when i occasionally find some songs that i like a lot(like mblaq), after a while they will make my head hurt. which is something i can't understand at all since i listen to some kinds of electronic music as well - synthpop, trip hop, downtempo, even chiptunes. i've been trying to understand why and sometimes i have the impression that everything is maybe a little too high (even the beat, as preposterous as it may sound) for my brain, or maybe because some electronic sounds have a disharmonic feel. not knowing the reason annoys me to no end XD but yeah industrial trained ears make you able to listen to everything :lol

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jun 25th, '11, 22:09

I totally understand you. I have moments like that, too. If you mean the electric-stuff part.

Then I listen to these songs(ballads), for example :
Kim Tae Hoon - Innocence
K.Will - Dream
Beast - The Day That Rains
Fly To The Sky - Like A Man
2AM - This Song
December - Learned my lesson in love
K.Will - Love is punishment

Every single one of these... I simply love them... Most of them I started to like from the very first time I heard them.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jun 30th, '11, 17:23

Some comments on recent comebacks.

I didn't like 2PM's Hands Up (song) either, it just sounds so cheap. And the lyrics... :roll But I liked the rest of the new songs on that album. Much happier tune compared to Still 2PM. Well Hands Up album did have some old depressing songs but the new songs were much happier. I think I liked Electricity the most and especially the remix. Hot and Give It to Me are ok too.

Hwayobi had comeback with I'm Ok. :cheers: The song sounds very Hwayobi like but I'm happy to hear new songs from her. She's one of the rare female artists I like listening. ^^ But what's up with her stage outfit??

T-ARA & Roly-Poly.... no comment. Lets just say, I even liked Yayaya more. I guess they're trying something totally different but if you ask me, I liked their old style more.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jun 30th, '11, 17:51

Latest Huckleberry Finn's album is good, plus single of W & Whale!! Aww... :wub:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 8th, '11, 23:50

Today I found out that some group named HITT was formed and debuted. I watched Music Bank and decided to write subtitles for it. And so I did. Few Latvians were complaining about the over-detailed translations so this time I tried to express the thought not the exact translation.

To be honest, I'm getting better at Korean :D Slowly, slowly.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 9th, '11, 11:39

Ten of the biggest Korean pop idol groups are coming to Australia in November to hold the first all-star Kpop concert in the country. SBS PopAsia has confirmed with JK Entertainment that BEAST, SHINee, 4Minute, Secret, CN Blue, Miss A, Girls Generation, DBSK, KARA and 2AM will be performing at Sydney’s ANZ Stadium on Saturday, November 12.
The event is called the K-pop Music Fest, and will be broadcast on Korean TV channel MBC. Although some Australian students have expressed concern for the concert dates to be changed due to school and university exams, at this stage the concert’s date remains in place due to the concert's broadcast commitments. PopAsia will keep you posted on any further updates in what will be THE biggest event in Australian Asian Pop history.
source: Six Billion Stories

esmer86
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by esmer86 » Jul 9th, '11, 19:54

Ethlenn wrote:
Ten of the biggest Korean pop idol groups are coming to Australia in November to hold the first all-star Kpop concert in the country. SBS PopAsia has confirmed with JK Entertainment that BEAST, SHINee, 4Minute, Secret, CN Blue, Miss A, Girls Generation, DBSK, KARA and 2AM will be performing at Sydney’s ANZ Stadium on Saturday, November 12.
The event is called the K-pop Music Fest, and will be broadcast on Korean TV channel MBC. Although some Australian students have expressed concern for the concert dates to be changed due to school and university exams, at this stage the concert’s date remains in place due to the concert's broadcast commitments. PopAsia will keep you posted on any further updates in what will be THE biggest event in Australian Asian Pop history.
source: Six Billion Stories

Not bad :w00t: Still doesnt concern me but it gets me thinking that sooner or later Kpop entertainment will start spreading globaly with performances/concerts and well....that puts a smile on my face. :mrgreen:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 11th, '11, 20:21

Hello, ladies! :>

My sister encouraged me to translate UV's songs, so today I translated Probation.

This seems the best of all my subbed videos(subtitle quality-wise) and it only took me one and a half hour(translations + timing + upload).

Ethlenn, am I growing up well?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 11th, '11, 20:36

Yup, you are^^

BTW...
Anticipation has been building since Running Into The Sun (RITS) announced on Twitter that they will be bringing in a 'S' group in the second half of this year.

The rumours are now confirmed.

Coming your way this September is SHINee The 1st Concert in Singapore - SHINee World.

Brought to you by RITS (a subsidiary of FLY Entertainment) and Conceptual, Korea's most popular boy band SHINee is set to thrill local K-Pop fans on Sep 10 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.

With a production value of approximately S$1.7 million -- similar to that of Super Junior's Super Show 3 in January this year -- SHINee World will boast brilliant stage effects including wire actions and lasers, perfectly-timed pyrotechnics and sprawling LED display screens.

Fans and concert-goers will be at the edge of their seats waiting to be surprised with a performance that is larger than life from the boys.

Six thousand tickets will be available for the one-night only gig. Tickets -- priced at $138 (partially restricted), $168 and $218 -- will be sold through SISTIC. The opening date of ticket sales will be announced at a later time.

Consisting of Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Minho and Taemin, SHINee is also known as the fashion icon for creating the 'SHINee trend'. This trend -- made up of high-top sneakers, big and baggy T-shirts, hoodies, colourful and flashy jeans -- had garnered a huge following not only in Korea, but also the rest of the world.

SHINee is also set to perform their hits, including 'Lucifer', 'Ring Ding Dong' and 'Noona Neomu Yeppeo (Replay)'.

"The concert will be a vibrant mix of excitement, splendor and pure pleasure. The combination of stage effects and heart-thumping songs will be a two-and-a-half-hour adrenaline rush for fans and concert-goers," Beatrice Chia-Richmond, the creative director of RITS, said.
SHINee The 1st Concert in Singapore -SHINee World
Date: Sep 10, 2011
Time: 6pm
Venue: Singapore Indoor Stadium
Price: $138 (partially restricted), $168, $218
source: http://www.facebook.com/pages/xinmsncom ... 9549093889
But why Key looks like Spock? Yes, I did manage to spot him, and other 3 too... ekhem...

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 13th, '11, 13:01

Ethlenn, there is actually older pic about same matter. :lol
Also, was briefly listening to MBLAQ's new album "Mona Lisa" and it left me really confused. Songs don't seem to fit together as they were in previous album and I don't like their consept. :( But will comment more after listening it more than once.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 15th, '11, 17:50

2PM made another crap.
And HITT is not a hit either.

Anyway, Infinite's comeback in 6 days, so I will restart on uploading music shows again.
Meanwhile:
http://www.love-1.asia/
Festival in Chiba, Japan^^

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 15th, '11, 18:49

Ethlenn wrote:2PM made another crap.
And HITT is not a hit either.
Indeed.

But I do like 1 song from 2PM's new album. 영화처럼. But Hands up is just crap. But I think I said that already.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 16th, '11, 12:48

Over 6 Gb of Korean (and not only) music, not in the best bitrate, but may use it as the sample and then find better version/buy

Indie Rock Albums

DBSK 2006 and 2007 appearances^^

And small announcement: I will be storing again Melon charts torrents, and weekend music shows 720 versions starting from next week. So far, the folder here is empty, but check it soon.
There will be 2-week hiatus in August when I'm going to vacations^^

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 18th, '11, 07:33

To be honest, this quite good idea, Ethlenn. Sadly I can't upload my korean music folder because it weights around 20 gb but my internet upload speed is just around 70kb/s :D

I am downloading all of those torrents(except DBSK appearances) and I'm especially waiting for Korean indie rock albums. :>

The Chaos
Upload Addict
Upload Addict

Post by The Chaos » Jul 18th, '11, 14:13

I'm downloading this now *o*
thanks E-chan :wub: :wub:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 19th, '11, 11:57

Ethlenn, I know you're in this Korean business for a while now, and I was wondering if you maybe knew what is the problem with this :
Some Korean hieroglyphs show, some are like this. Of course, I had this kind of trouble many, many times before.

What operating system do you use?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 19th, '11, 12:38

Hieroglyphs, tsk, tsk...

The problem occurs when the system can't read Korean. Are you sure you have added the reading of East Asian languages to your windows? If so, it must be the problem with music player. I use winamp, and every time I have the problem like this, I use "right click"->view file info -> auto tag. It should work. If not, you need to manually write the name of the file in "properties", not just changing mere file's name. How to do it?
And here's the trick. Open a notepad. Copy those weird signs into notepad and save the file. Then open the notepad with Firefox. And then click on View ->Character encoding -> Korean.
The right hangeul should appear, so you can copy-paste the name.

Hope that helped.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 19th, '11, 15:16

Thanks, Ethlenn, Winamp's auto-tagger really works, I have never used it.

By the way, you can select as many songs as you want and right click on them in winamp's playlist, Send To -> Auto-Tag and off you go! :D

Now that I know it, I can peacefully download Melon charts. I had the same problem with them. :D

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 19th, '11, 15:36

I'm taking very slow steps in Kpop myself. Don't like most, like some. It's still not music that speaks to my soul in any way. Some songs speak to you even without knowing the lyrics. Some don't.
But still, it's fun upbeat music. I've heard some Big Bang, some Infinite, some SHINee and others. Couple of songs only. They're nice. But I'd rather see people like Jonghyun go solo and stand out.

I like other genres and I've found some nice indie bands too, but kpop and pop in general are very shallow genres. I mean, catchy songs, but nothing special. Good voices too, lost in the "sameness".

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 19th, '11, 15:53

Orion1986 wrote:I'm taking very slow steps in Kpop myself. Don't like most, like some. It's still not music that speaks to my soul in any way. Some songs speak to you even without knowing the lyrics. Some don't.
But still, it's fun upbeat music. I've heard some Big Bang, some Infinite, some SHINee and others. Couple of songs only. They're nice. But I'd rather see people like Jonghyun go solo and stand out.

I like other genres and I've found some nice indie bands too, but kpop and pop in general are very shallow genres. I mean, catchy songs, but nothing special. Good voices too, lost in the "sameness".
I can partly agree, but someday the original ideas have to stop flowing because there aren't that many things that music haven't got covered already. Basically, you can't make anything new or original. I don't care how, why etc if I like the song. That's only what matters, right? It's good as long as you like it - that's music.

By the way - searching for Melon charts I came across a Korean site called 1004box, where you can basically download everything :D Kdramas, foreign dramas, music, games and so on :D

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 20th, '11, 17:35

INFINITE releases 1st album, “OVER THE TOP” :cheers:

What I listened, sounds good. They sound and look so energic. ^^ I really like Be Mine and Because . :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 20th, '11, 17:42

And their MV for Be Mine is released too :wub:
Viande, is it because it's Sunggyu solo?:whistling: :wub:

BTW. Someone mentioned Jonghyeon?? *fangirl frenzy initiated!!*

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 20th, '11, 17:58

Ethlenn wrote:And their MV for Be Mine is released too :wub:
Viande, is it because it's Sunggyu solo?:whistling: :wub:
Well he does have sweet voice, I'm not going deny that. :lol

Oh forgot to comment about Jonghyun and people hoping him to go solo. I would be really mad if he did because I love SHINee as a group. And I don't actually see that happening in several years (if at all), they get along so well. Well, separate solo projects are possible. I get easilly bored of solo singers and there are very few I like listen to. I like groups/bands more because they have more variety in their voices.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 20th, '11, 21:12

I saw that someone put the Infinite's new song's MV in Facebook. I watched it... and I'm quite... AMAZED. The song ir lovely. I love the club-ish touch at the beginning, I love their voices - basically everything.

By the way, Ethlenn, can you recommend me something from your Indie and rock bands that are quite similar to Kings Of Leon, maybe? Or Empire Of The Sun. Can't name any other bands right now, not so familiar with them.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 20th, '11, 22:03

Infinite is pure awesomeness. They are just too perfect to be true. No one has shaken me this way for a long, long time. I think it was Jonghyeon, ekhem.

Some indie? Arakira is better with this, I can recommend rock-ish bands like Nell, YB, The Black Skirts, 10 cm, Lucid Fall, Lucite Tokki, My Aunt Mary, Bubble Sisters (although it's more funk and soul) others like: Insomnia, St. Butterfly, Ashgray, Kafka Vol. 2.5, Serengeti, LED Apple, Mongoose, Began Who, Esssin, DJ Schedule 1... forgot the rest...

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 20th, '11, 22:17

Neliets wrote: I don't care how, why etc if I like the song. That's only what matters, right? It's good as long as you like it - that's music.
That's what I mean. Catchy, nothing that "speaks" to me. I tend to fall in love with songs that touch me. And pop just doesn't touch me often.

And yes, as long as you enjoy it, it's good. But if a voice can do wonders and become a kick ass solo artist that does meaningful stuff that uses their talent well, I want them to go solo instead of singing with another 10 guys, for people who see a sack of meat in make up that has to dance and shake their ass for them morning, noon and night.
And don't give a damn about their actual talent, since fangirls can't appreciate that. Kids who can't buy a break any other way, fine. But if someone is special, I don't want to see them waste away forever in a pop band. Thankfully, these bands tend to disband quite quickly. Yes, SHINee fans can hurt me now. I don't give a dollar and a two bit.

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 21st, '11, 00:42

Orion1986 wrote:And yes, as long as you enjoy it, it's good. But if a voice can do wonders and become a kick ass solo artist that does meaningful stuff that uses their talent well, I want them to go solo instead of singing with another 10 guys, for people who see a sack of meat in make up that has to dance and shake their ass for them morning, noon and night.
And don't give a damn about their actual talent, since fangirls can't appreciate that. Kids who can't buy a break any other way, fine. But if someone is special, I don't want to see them waste away forever in a pop band. Thankfully, these bands tend to disband quite quickly. Yes, SHINee fans can hurt me now. I don't give a dollar and a two bit.
I kinda disagree with you on this mater. There are other talents than just singing. And besides, just having the talent to sing well doesn't mean you can always touch people. I couldn't care less about so called perfect singers. Just being technically good doesn't mean anything - you still need to be a good performer to catch hearts. That is one point where for example Jonghyun fails in my opinion. Sometimes he's way too focused on the technical side of singing and forgets to pay attention to the feeling too. (Well he has improved on that matter.) I rather listen ok singer who sings from his/her heart than someone who's singing is perfect but lacks in emotions. I don't care about small mistakes. I actually think a little roughness is good, and it's always nice to see people improving what they're doing. All I care is that the performer enjoys what he/she is doing. Isn't that the most important thing? For many group members their group is like a family. So hoping them to disband just because you want so is thoughtless thing to say.

I admit I don't take music that seriously and I like to think that there are people behind the music and idol core. Sometimes seeing my favourite idol being healthy and happy makes me feel 100 times happier than just listening their music. But people are different I guess. I know there are a lot "fans" who only take their idols as their pretty dolls but it's not only pop group related problem. I'm kinda bored of the talk that pop music is always shallow and less valuable than for example classic music and if you listen indie bands, you're always more cool. There's no difference really, only preferences.
Last edited by Viande on Jul 21st, '11, 01:21, edited 1 time in total.

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » Jul 21st, '11, 01:11

I did not say I want to see them disband now. I said such groups do disband and I hope that when it does happen, he goes solo later in life and that he does get that opportunity at that time.
I also disagree with you on his singing. If anything, it was his involvement in the songs that got me. At least the ones he sung in Immortal Song. So yes, I want to hear his solo work one day.

And if their groups are like family to them (and I wish that for all such groups, because it is a very comforting thing), disbanding won't draw them further away from each other as friends.
All bands end someday. I'm just saying I hope this ends well, without "over-milking the cow", without scarring these kids in any way and by leaving them opportunities for their own road.

Being a member of an idol group is hard work. And it's sullying work. And the main bulk of "fans" you have to entertain are the worst of the worst of people within the fan category.
I hope these kids do well and bow out gracefully when its time to move on to bigger and more mature (and less tiring) things. Being a piece of meat for fangirls is not an ideal existence.

That's just my opinion, love. ^^

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 21st, '11, 02:17

Of course disbanding is inevitable one day, but I'd rather want to see it happen when it's its time and not because someone is too good to be in group. Only problem I can see with groups is that at the start you have to share everything with your group members (appartement, freetime, lines in songs etc..). Solo artists also earn better. But later on idol group members will usually have their own solo projects and they can even live alone if they wish. Also, one good side of group is that you always have someone close to you. What I have read about some of the idols who have committed suicide, they have retired from their groups and they've been quite lonely (in addition to other problems).

What it comes to SHINee, I've been following them for about year and half now and probably seen everything that has been uploaded on youtube. Based on several interviews, they get along really well and they spend most of their freetime together watching movies and such. I know not all groups are like this, if you compare to for example Super Junior, some of their members don't even have all of their cell phone numbers! I know SHINee is my biased but they're such sweethearts, who wouldn't like them. :wub: (If you care about variety shows and SHINee (or just Jonghyun), SHINee Hello Baby is a must see. )

Umm and why I'm still up fangirling(?) I was supposed to go to bed hours ago. >.<

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 21st, '11, 07:45

Ethlenn wrote:Infinite is pure awesomeness. They are just too perfect to be true. No one has shaken me this way for a long, long time. I think it was Jonghyeon, ekhem.

Some indie? Arakira is better with this, I can recommend rock-ish bands like Nell, YB, The Black Skirts, 10 cm, Lucid Fall, Lucite Tokki, My Aunt Mary, Bubble Sisters (although it's more funk and soul) others like: Insomnia, St. Butterfly, Ashgray, Kafka Vol. 2.5, Serengeti, LED Apple, Mongoose, Began Who, Esssin, DJ Schedule 1... forgot the rest...
I wanted you to be a bit more specific. Maybe spare some good songs? Of course if you have time. :>

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 23rd, '11, 13:31

A few-word review of kpop at the moment. I don't really think that someone even takes my words seriously or that someone gives a crap about what I think, or even read this. But still - I don't like to hold these things in me. So just bear with it.
Anyhow, this list of performers comes from today's music core. Few artists aren't included(those, who are not worth commenting on)

Piggy Dolls - Huh. I remember their debut song. It wasn't as plain as this. Anyhow, I read that they have lost a lot of weight due to the rehearsing and stuff. I am very happy about that. But only one girl looked actually fat, even then(she still got it), but at the time, I didn't really see the fat factor of the rest. You may not understand what I am saying, because even I don't.

Shin Go Eun - as stupid as her previous song. I can't understand how she can make living like this.

Chi Chi - not sure that I remember their previous song... But this song is actually good, but I don't like that they have many English lines. I bet it does attract Korean listeners, since they like English-relates stuff, just like we do Korean stuff. :D But the girls are quite pretty, their voices are nice, too. Maybe we will see something very good in future.

HITT - Huh, after the first time I heard the song, I subbed it. It brings some kind of memories. Anyhow, I like both main vocalists's voices. The song is not something that will make big changes or be hugely popular but I still like it.

8eight - I think they have lost their touch. But the girl is still very beautiful and the Lee Hyun's body is still like rock, and still - 3rd guy - I don't even have no idea who the hell he is or what he does, except for rapping.

GP Basic - I remember them preforming last year(I think), they were actually very, very small and very, very young girls. Now they are still very, very young but they have grown(height-wise). Aaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddd that's about it, then you start to understand that they are still like 14 year olds with no breasts and brains. And their place is in school or playground, not on stage. Especially dancing and trying to expose themselves. Damn, when watching it, I feel like a pedophile. I may be the only one who thinks like this, though.

Infinite - new song is great, I don't even have words to describe it. They somehow are not my style but they still make the like their songs. Marvelous.

MBLAQ - As always - perfection. The song is great, the singing is great, performance is great, too. Ahh. I remember when they first debuted with Oh Yeah, I didn't really like the song at first, but I knew that these boys will make miracles.

Homme - very, very disappointed. I don't even want to talk about this anymore.

Hyuna - I am very, very pleased with the song, actually(especially when Change comes in mind). This is as much pretty, happy concept as we could possibly ask from Hyuna. But I hate one thing - THE WHOLE SONG IS WITH AUTO TUNE(actually I don't know how is it called) with her singing under it. I like her voice, it would be much better if she would sing w/o the auto tune, at least half of the time. I think that her fans would forgive her even if she made mistakes now and then.

Miss A - I hated the Good Girl, Bad Girl, but I really like this song. Not much to add, though. Oh, and both Chinese girls seems to do well, too.

Kim Hyung Joong(Kiss Kiss) - WHAT IS THIS?!? I approved of the Break Down concept, but then, out of nowhere, he does this.

T-ara - omg, I'm getting a headache.Who actually likes this? In this performance they have something more decent(sweats), but in other performance I saw variety of stupid clothes. I guess they are going for something from 70's? What can I say... they are quite far from it. I can't even describe how stupid the song and choreography is.

After School v1(I guess they are called Blue) - Again - I like the cute concept in here, but they have taken something from Orange Caramel, which kills it. And the song is quite dumb.

After School v2(Red?) - Concept and clothes are making the girls look very ugly and unpleasant, in my opinion. The song is dumb as well but I would say that it's better than Blue's.

2PM - I commented already on this. I said that I will come to like the song later and now I really do :D But I understand that the song is quite crappy. But in every performance of this song that I have seen I have hated Taekyon's stupid hair and Chansung is always looking annoying(I wonder why?).

This is about it! And I accidentally found another good song from Rain. And it turns out that it was his title song many years ago. I just love this song.

Rain - Ways to avoid the sung

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 23rd, '11, 21:28

I like to read reviews as I'm also checking new songs every now and then. I found MBLAQ's new album really disappointing because it's not something I would like to listen to. Miss A had great comeback performance and I like the song too. Damn they're hot! ^^ About Infinite I already commented and their comeback performance was amazing as always.

I'm trying to get familiar with Infinite's voices (who is who) and I actually must say they do have some charming voices, more than just main vocalists. The one who charmed me first was apparently L (sings first at least in "Nothing's Over" and "Be Mine"). His voice has nice vibra, me likes. ^^ Second was Sunggyu, whose solo "Because" is just amazing. He has really soft but powerful voice. As third I could mention Sungjong. His voice isn't that powerful but it has it's own sound. So... I have to take my words back, they don't sound that similiar anymore. If someone wants to know the names behind the voices, check for example here.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 23rd, '11, 21:40

As for INFINITE:
Woohyun-->Sunggyu-->L-->Dongwoo-->Sungjong-->Hoya-->Sungyeol
Although it changes with songs, I have to say. Hoya surprised me alot lately, so sometimes he's before Sungjong. And Dongwoo is just nuts, in a good way. It's not that common for rappers to have the ability to sing quite good (vide: TOP), and both Dongwoo and Hoya are doing just fine.

Have no problems with recognizing voices or names^^ (I almost wrote noms... :alcoholic: )

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 23rd, '11, 22:58

I had because I have only listened their music. It's actually silly because I can already recognize everyone's voices in for ex. B2ST and I've listened them only since last album... and Infinite since their debut? I think the reason is that they have only had one varity show of their own (as far as I know) so I have't had chance to actually get to "know" them. But I'm learning now. :mrgreen: I did watch the show some time ago (last year?) but I didn't get much out of, I guess I should watch it again. I only remeber that the girl was somewhat annoying and the boys were shy. :roll

Hmm I could watch some variety show again, any good ones going on?

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 24th, '11, 13:17

They have Sesame Player, currently ep 05, if you want, I can upload it. It's more of "every day" stuff than a real variety. But their goofing around is adorable.
As for today's Inkigayo, they had weaker performance than yesterday, maybe because they sang 2 songs. But I have to say two things:
1. If Woohyun doesn't cover his chest, he will end up with pneumonia soon.
2. Cameramen really like Hoya. A lot^^
:wub:

Viande

Post by Viande » Jul 24th, '11, 16:13

Ethlenn wrote:They have Sesame Player, currently ep 05, if you want, I can upload it. It's more of "every day" stuff than a real variety. But their goofing around is adorable.
I saw some topics about it when it started but totally fogot, thank you! :cheers: I found subbed videos with quite good quality from Youtube, so you don't need to upload it if you're busy. ^^

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 24th, '11, 16:16

I am busy, but I will do anything to promote this talented septet^^ Tomorrow though. :wub:

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 26th, '11, 15:03

Damn, Infinite has completely taken control over Ethlenn. ;D

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Jul 29th, '11, 22:45

Today's INFINITE performance on Music Bank was a complete disaster in my opinion. Don't know why, Music Core the last week was great, was perfect, and yet today they sang as some pre-schoolers. Aigoo...

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Jul 30th, '11, 07:55

I am watching Music Bank, and I found out that ZE:A can grow. FIRST 3/4 decent song from them : Heart for two. First time I saw the performance(could be M! countdown, don't know), they surprised me with concept I really, really like and approve of - black suits. Now they look more like men. And the song is actually very good, except for the part where they sing something like this : "Girl you make me cry, cry, cry", that's when I start laughing :D But if we cut that out, the song is well made and makes some sense for once(unlike Mazeltov and so on). At least with my quite bad Korean skills it does.

Here is the link in M! countdown

Ethlenn, at first I thought - what the <bad> you are talking about? The performances are exactly the same every single time. But I just compared both performances and Music Core seemed better. It felt better.

Miss A - I love this song :D Except for the JYP's voice in the begining. And I noticed that read-headed Chinese girl is quite tall. She wears sneakers while others wear high heels and she is as tall.

Viande

Post by Viande » Aug 1st, '11, 01:14

Someone just slap me. Teen Top's newest hit No More Perfume on You just keeps playing in my head. I guess they did something right because the song is so sticky... but their dancing stil looks awkward to me. :| I feel like having drunk a cup of coffee with half cup of sugar in it. Uhh have to stay strong and not fall for cute sugar pop again. Damn I'm weak. >.< I approve their choice of noona though; Park Si Yeon is sexy. I wonder how awkward she felt considering the age difference. :mrgreen:

Actually, I had same thing with Boyfriend's You and I as with Teen Top's "No More Perfume on You" , it just gets stuck in my head. I don't know what else to say about it.

ZE:A's Heart for 2, I can't even remeber what it sounded like before listeing it umm 3rd time and typing right after seeing the video. I don't think it's that bad but it sounds oldish. It somehow reminds me of SS501, could have easilly been their song.

As for 2NE1 and their comeback, I don't know, I didn't like. I'm getting tired of their "teen bish" look and attitude on stage. It's like they're testing how ridiculous wardrobe or hair style they can have without someone actually saying it looks horrible on them. And even still they would get praised for being experimental. And even when I say all this, I probably end up listening the abum anyway because their sound is so unique. :| (but still, I don't like Ugly...)

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 1st, '11, 01:37

Viande wrote:Someone just slap me. Teen Top's newest hit No More Perfume on You just keeps playing in my head. I guess they did something right because the song is so sticky... but their dancing stil looks awkward to me. :| I feel like having drunk a cup of coffee with half cup of sugar in it. Uhh have to stay strong and not fall for cute sugar pop again. Damn I'm weak. >.< I approve their choice of noona though; Park Si Yeon is sexy. I wonder how awkward she felt considering the age difference. :mrgreen:
Ugh, tell me about it! I'm so annoyed with myself for liking that song. Have you seen the lyrics? Wow, I haven't seen anything like it in a while! As a self-proclaimed noona of all Korean idol boys, I'm personally offended. Yah, Teen Top boys, you're 100 years too early to tell me whether I can do stuff or not! :D :roll :P

Viande

Post by Viande » Aug 1st, '11, 01:53

SSpiegel wrote: Ugh, tell me about it! I'm so annoyed with myself for liking that song. Have you seen the lyrics? Wow, I haven't seen anything like it in a while! As a self-proclaimed noona of all Korean idol boys, I'm personally offended. Yah, Teen Top boys, you're 100 years too early to tell me whether I can do stuff or not! :D :roll :P
Haha true. I can't see them controlling noonas, sorry boys, you're too young. :lol

Edit: Didn't want to duble post so adding this here:
Found this old Sunggyu & Woohyun radio performance (cover) from last year and wow Sungguy's voice is just honey to my ears. He would be amazing RnB singer. I hope Infinite will have more RnB songs on their next album. :wub:

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 1st, '11, 16:08

Viande, you know :wub: :wub:

Anywah, SuJu released their teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIR5rGA-yNc
I find it stupid.

But eh, their comeback is in few days, poor Infinite boys have chosen very, very unfortunate moment for their comeback, eh...

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Aug 1st, '11, 20:11

Viande wrote:Someone just slap me. Teen Top's newest hit No More Perfume on You just keeps playing in my head. I guess they did something right because the song is so sticky... but their dancing stil looks awkward to me. :| I feel like having drunk a cup of coffee with half cup of sugar in it. Uhh have to stay strong and not fall for cute sugar pop again. Damn I'm weak. >.< I approve their choice of noona though; Park Si Yeon is sexy. I wonder how awkward she felt considering the age difference. :mrgreen:

Actually, I had same thing with Boyfriend's You and I as with Teen Top's "No More Perfume on You" , it just gets stuck in my head. I don't know what else to say about it.

ZE:A's Heart for 2, I can't even remeber what it sounded like before listeing it umm 3rd time and typing right after seeing the video. I don't think it's that bad but it sounds oldish. It somehow reminds me of SS501, could have easilly been their song.

As for 2NE1 and their comeback, I don't know, I didn't like. I'm getting tired of their "teen bish" look and attitude on stage. It's like they're testing how ridiculous wardrobe or hair style they can have without someone actually saying it looks horrible on them. And even still they would get praised for being experimental. And even when I say all this, I probably end up listening the abum anyway because their sound is so unique. :| (but still, I don't like Ugly...)
All Teen Top songs are crap, except for Clap Man, at least it sounded quite well.

As for 2NE1 - crap all the way. They aren't embarrassed? Ahh, my head hurts, all I can say is that 2NE1 ir something stupid.

Viande

Post by Viande » Aug 1st, '11, 22:31

Some review of Infinite's album on allkpop http://www.allkpop.com/2011/08/review-o ... y-infinite

3.8/5... Honestly, I haven't seen any albums having this low rating on allkpop. The rating itself isn't that low but compared to other album reviews it is. Even some really crap albums get almost always at least 4! (I remeber that for example Dalmatian had around 4.6. Well they're not crap but I wouldn't have given them that many points) And now Infinite's album got 3.8 just because it sounds like Infinite. :crazy: Yeah these boys are so underrated.

Ok ok, searched a bit and only one with lower raiting was Chichi's album, which got 2.9.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 1st, '11, 23:34

Well, let's face it - if someone wanted to hear BTD again, she/he would be disappointed. No matter of the music material, I judge the vocal material. And honestly, Over The Top beats everything in vocal department. Boys are underrated.

So what if it's not catchy, as you said, Sunggyu would make a great R'n'B album, Woohyun has huge talent as well, Hoya, L, Dongwoo too.

Dalmatian, Teen Top, B2ST, HITT and Boyfriend are ALL overrated to me. SuJu as well. And yes, I can't stand MBLAQ.
Stone me.

Jazzapple

Post by Jazzapple » Aug 3rd, '11, 15:58

Ethlenn wrote:Viande, you know :wub: :wub:

Anywah, SuJu released their teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIR5rGA-yNc
I find it stupid.

But eh, their comeback is in few days, poor Infinite boys have chosen very, very unfortunate moment for their comeback, eh...
They've really changed a lot.. O_O
And not in a good way. Especially Heechul, what happened to him?
It looks like he lived a few weeks in a cave, eating raw meat and failing at making fires.

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 3rd, '11, 16:34

Ethlenn wrote:Well, let's face it - if someone wanted to hear BTD again, she/he would be disappointed. No matter of the music material, I judge the vocal material. And honestly, Over The Top beats everything in vocal department. Boys are underrated.

So what if it's not catchy, as you said, Sunggyu would make a great R'n'B album, Woohyun has huge talent as well, Hoya, L, Dongwoo too.
But it's not "so what". I think it's a total shame that Infinite isn't better musically. I mean, they're probably the most talented guys out there atm, they have genuinely great vocals and their dancing is out of this world. They are good looking guys as well. I want to like them so so much, but the music just doesn't work for me. If you're gonna make kpop, you have to be able to make it catchy. If not catchy, then genuinely good. But kpop just isn't there yet.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Aug 3rd, '11, 21:03

Somehow, I'm not sure how, but I came across this... this.. marvelous song.

I do like these sad songs, but they have to have the feeling(4men and such don't), and this really has.

AND I FOUND THIS AWESOME YOUTUBE CHANNEL, TOO BAD I CAN'T PLUG MY MIC AND SING ALONG.
http://www.youtube.com/user/norebangpk

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » Aug 3rd, '11, 21:22

SSpiegel wrote: But it's not "so what". I think it's a total shame that Infinite isn't better musically. I mean, they're probably the most talented guys out there atm, they have genuinely great vocals and their dancing is out of this world. They are good looking guys as well. I want to like them so so much, but the music just doesn't work for me. If you're gonna make kpop, you have to be able to make it catchy. If not catchy, then genuinely good. But kpop just isn't there yet.
It's their first album, I think they have time for experiments and such. Personally, I can't listen to too much synch and beat, I need some peace as well.
And the music isn't their fault, perhaps fans should write something to woolliment. But if I write, I will state "not too much synch, please". Kpop is not only beat, and "Hands-up"-like catchy songs. Their best song as for me up to this day? Can U Smile sang live in May. This is Kpop I like.

Viande

Post by Viande » Aug 3rd, '11, 23:06

I don't really like style experiments, I like that bands/groups keep their style. If I like some band/group I will expect same style from them and not suddenly 90 degree change. I like Infinite's style but the problem is that their (mostly old) songs aren't that complex so they haven't really had chance show their true talent. Their old songs were too simple in singing wise (+had autotune to mess up already good vocals). What I would like to hear is something like "Closer" (that radio cover). And I do think their new songs gave them more chances to shine but maybe a little more wouldn't hurt.

About Super Junior and the new album. Their promotional pictures were just ugly... Siwon in boxers and cape? What mushrooms did their stylist eat?!? And the music... I wonder if they were trying same "retro" concept as T-ARA was with John Travolta Wannabe? "Mr. Simple" is basicly game/carneval version of Bonamana. "Opera" sounds more like Super Junio M's style with strong electric sound. What's the point having sub group if their songs sound now so alike and they even have almost all of Super Junior's members in Super Junior M anyway... :roll I really didn't like that they added also Sungmin and Eunhyuk to the sub group, I don't think they had anything to add. Anyway, at least singing is nice on the album. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun. :wub: Retro songs sounded stupid though.

Yeah, Infinite will be in trouble next week. :-(

Btw does anyone know why "Be My Girl" (Super Junior) sounds so familiar? I mean "Rararara rararara rararara wanjeon neokdaundwaesseo eojjeonya na Uh-Uh-Uh-Uh" part. I think I have heard something like that in some variety show.
Last edited by Viande on Aug 5th, '11, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.

Neliets

Post by Neliets » Aug 4th, '11, 11:43

As I overlooked some of the Indie rock music from Ethlenn's torrent, I came across few very, very good songs.

First one :

Second one :

There are few others from 불나방스타쏘세지클럽.

BloomingDesire87
United States of America

Post by BloomingDesire87 » Aug 5th, '11, 05:23

Viande wrote:
Btw does anyone know why "Be My Girl" (Super Junior) sounds so familiar? I mean "Rararara rararara rararara wanjeon neokdaundwaesseo eojjeonya na Uh-Uh-Uh-Uh" part. I think I have heard something like that in some variety show.
From someone on tumblr, they said that it sounded like Run Devil Run... and I thought it sounded familiar to me too!!

SSpiegel

Post by SSpiegel » Aug 5th, '11, 16:25

I finally watched Super Junior's new music video Mr. Simple (tho it just came out on Wednesday, I think). I'm not sure what to think. First of all, they are so stuck in that heavily electronic style. But this song was just noise. There was no constant style to that song, it was just a little bit of everything put into one. Didn't like it at all.
Well, my favorite Eunhyuk did have, like, one and a half singing lines, and an awesome dance solo. But I didn't dig the blond hair.

ETA
The promo pics for this album were just wack. Siwon's photo could've been used to promote Korean gay porn. Wow, just wow!