Interested in Subtitle for Butterfly Lovers?

Hong Kong, Taiwanese and Mainland China entertainments goes here.

Yes! I want it so bad and I can help!
12%
Yes! I want it so bad but I can't help!
53%
No, thanks!
18%
No, thanks!
18%

Total votes: 17

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Apr 14th, '08, 17:51

Ok. I'm just wondering whether anyone is interested in the subtitle for the "Butterfly Lovers".
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_60244.htm

I want to know how many people wants it, how badly they want it, and how many can help.
Please indicate the areas in which you can help with the subbing process:
Translation / timing / editing / etc

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Apr 15th, '08, 05:22

PETER HO! From pictures I've seen he looks kinda weird (his costumes?) in this series.With me saying that, of course I like to see subtitles for this series.
I'm not Chinese so I can't help with translation unless people are REALLY desperate then I guess I might be able to help translating from the Vietnamese dubbed version. I would say you need a Chinese translator to spot check b/c it can lose a lot of meaning going from one language to another.

Another thing I can kinda do is encode? >.< if you're doing hardsubbed I can help with that. I'm learning right now.

BTW, I find another topic about subbing this a while back I don't know if you knew, maybe the people that volunteered in there can help.
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_51845.htm
Kim Bum<3
Being here for almost a decade, it is sad for me to see the torrent section goes.
I guess sometimes good things must come to an end :(
- May 2015

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Apr 15th, '08, 05:43

To be honest, the English-subbed one posted here is really bad. It causes eye cancer. No kidding. It's better to redo this one. The timing is way off. The translation is so-so to really bad.

I'm looking for timers, primarily. A good timer. I want a precise timing.

But this is definitely not my series. I'm still weighing pros and cons at the moment.

Edit: If I'm going to take this one on, it'll be in softsubs.

tiny25

Post by tiny25 » Aug 17th, '09, 06:11

Anyway I was wondering if there was a sub for this drama yet ?? Cause I was thinking if translating this drama. If no one mind reading my translation lol. But I'm not sure how many episode has been subbed.

aaendaus

Post by aaendaus » Aug 17th, '09, 06:43

I really love this drama! The subs were really bad but the story is a bitter-sweet sappy love tragedy; basically my favourite flavour. My time is severely limited due to work, classes, community service, etc. So if I were to work on timing or editing it'd be slow. I've never really done work for subbing before though I did a reformat and re-time once for a messed up sub for a J-drama. I can write an srt. but I can't speak Mandarin, so my editing may be poor due to becoming lost in translation, as well as timing being only through my own judgement vs. a program. If someone gives me a general English script with a couple side notes of cultural explanation I could try my hand at it. It'd be best if it could be written in lines for timing ease. Character division would also help a lot, since the flow can sometimes get muddled and confusing. and I won't know the difference without a general timing.