Which Condor trilogy should I watch?

Hong Kong, Taiwanese and Mainland China entertainments goes here.
j-san

Which Condor trilogy should I watch?

Post by j-san » Jun 2nd, '07, 09:44

Hi, i wanted to buy/download condor trilogy. This will be my first time to watch it, and I was wanting everybody's opinion on which version is the best or which one to avoid, and maybe an explanation if you have time :-)
Thanks in advance.

AboutDrama

Post by AboutDrama » Jun 2nd, '07, 21:53

Hi,

I recommend you to watch the trilogy following the sequence below (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condor_Trilogy) :
1) The Legend of Condor Heroes
2) Return of the Condor Heroes
3) Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre

I haven't watch all the adaptations for (2) and (3). But for (1), I recommend you to watch
The Legend of the Condor Heroes 2003: Produced by CCTV. I think this series by far the best because the story line is close to the novel; actors/actress are well casted and did an excellent job; scenery and cinematography fit very well. Only the fighting scene is not outstanding but it's alright for me.
You can watch online on the following website first and see if you like this series or not. Then you can get the drama if you like.
Last edited by AboutDrama on Jun 16th, '07, 06:04, edited 1 time in total.

j-san

Post by j-san » Jun 5th, '07, 20:49

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll start with that one! :-)

skuldchan

Post by skuldchan » Jun 10th, '07, 07:26

LoCH 2003 is very, very well done. One of the few newer-age remakes that I actually like. After that, I really recommend trying to find the TVB 1995 version of Return of the Condor Heroes. Not sure whether or not you speak Chinese, but that's the best version. Haven't seen any English subs for it, unfortunately. The CCTV 2006 version is the newest, but unfortunately not as good as the older school 1995 or 1983 versions. Cinematography is beautiful, but they took some shortcuts with the story and the casting leaves something to be desired. If all else fails, at least the TVB 1983 version has subs.

As for Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber, I prefer the old TVB 1986 version, because the 2003 version has the crappiest CGI fighting I've ever seen. Unfortunately, like my complaints about the 2006 RoCH, the cinematography is great but there's a lot of miscasting. Very unfortunate.

j-san

Post by j-san » Jun 11th, '07, 19:44

Great thanks a lot! I will watch your suggestions after LOCH 2003 :D

darkelephunk

Post by darkelephunk » Jun 17th, '07, 04:01

j-san wrote:Great thanks a lot! I will watch your suggestions after LOCH 2003 :D
There's also a Heavenly Sword Dragon Sabre 2000 since i didnt see anyone mention it in the post. Its by TVB, didnt like the main actor vey much but GiGi Lai is hot as the Mongolian Princess!