Kung Fu Hustle

Hong Kong, Taiwanese and Mainland China entertainments goes here.
donna8157

Kung Fu Hustle

Post by donna8157 » Feb 3rd, '05, 10:10

Synopsis taken from www.kungfucinema.com
A hapless wanna be gangster, Sing (Stephen Chow), must overcome his inability to wield a knife and demonstrate his mettle in order to become a member of the notorious Axe Gang. The Axe Gang, meanwhile, want to reign supreme by occupying the most coveted territory, which is a sacred street protected by an unlikely cast of characters, many of whom are highly skilled kung fu masters disguised as ordinary people. After several encounters with thugs and a fearsome adversary known as the Beast, Sing overcomes his inadequacy and realizes he is the greatest kung fu master of them all, destined to protect the sacred street.

http://www.kungfuhustle.com/

Has anyone seen this movie yet? :D I like some of Stephen Chow's films, especially "Shaolin Soccer". Is this film just as good as that one? :-) I read some of the critics' reviews on rottentomatoes.com and it got pretty good ones.

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Feb 3rd, '05, 10:10

I actually saw a trailer on Yahoo.com for this movie...I hope it's not a total joke like some modern movies with martial arts in it have turned out to be. Kinda looking forward to seeing this...

Takez0
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Takez0 » Feb 3rd, '05, 10:10

Gonna watch that tomorrow, thanks for the tip

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Feb 3rd, '05, 10:10

saw it beginning of last month, its good :thumleft:

Not funny stephen chow good but kung fu madness stephen chow good :-) Favourite scenes would have to be musical assassins sequence with their deadly music chi :D

Terryb

Post by Terryb » Feb 3rd, '05, 10:10

I've seen it as well, even though not as funny as Shaolin Soccer, it's a typical Stephen Chows movie. Do I need to say this? He does look like Bruce Lee :mrgreen: one of the fighting scenes looks like it was taken from a Bruce lee movie too. good stuff.

Atomic

Post by Atomic » Feb 3rd, '05, 10:10

I bought the DVD at Chinatown in Toronto last month and it comes with English subtitles. Althought it's not as good as God of Cookery, or Showlin Soccer, this is definately one of the better movies to come out of Hong Kong lately. Great special effects, fight scenes, and chop stick comendy.
Last edited by Atomic on Feb 3rd, '05, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.

MMXZ

AWESOME MOVIE

Post by MMXZ » Feb 3rd, '05, 10:10

I downloaded this :P from internet with english subs, they kicked ass. Really good movie, way better than crappy shaolin soccer. Stephen Chow gave his best in this movie. Me and my roommate watched this movie and we were laughing from beginning to end. We are going to rewatch it with a bunch of ffriends, big ass group in a big 50" TV so its going to be great, THUMBS UP!!!!

MMXZ ;)
SARS FanSubs: http://www.sars-fansubs.com
SARS FanSubs Forum (resurrected): http://www.sars-fansubs.com/forum
CuZ we R InFeCtioUs

blackstarjr

Post by blackstarjr » Feb 3rd, '05, 10:10

man..this movie kicked ass..sooo funny..I couldn't stop laughing..well that's to be expected from the Stephen Chow flick..hehehe

voth

Post by voth » Feb 3rd, '05, 10:10

Saw this movie sometime last month as well. I'm looking forward to Kung Fu Hustle 2 in the near future.

My favorite part would have to be the scene with the musical assassins (2 blind-looking fellows) in Pig Sty alley, though seeing a dance scene in a kung fu/action type film was kind of funny too. :lol

in-sung

Post by in-sung » Feb 3rd, '05, 10:10

just watched it....friggin hilarious and the action scenes had to be some of the most original i've seen in a while
...아이구~~~~~~~ :unsure:

pankanshe

Post by pankanshe » May 11th, '05, 20:56

I saw Kung Fu Hustle a few days ago and I absolute enjoyed it. This has become one of my favorite movies. This movie had it all... action, comedy, love story, etc. There were a lot of witty and smart scene that made the movie stand out compared to other ones. As for eyecandies... I thought Steven Chow looked awesome (buff too) and his wife is real pretty i this film. This is a film not to be missed :)

thetenken
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by thetenken » May 11th, '05, 23:05

I didn't like it as much as some of his previous movies, because it once again focused on special effects and martial arts to the expense of Stephen's wacky humor. Still, it was a decent movie.
"Is it possible that I have survived somehow until today? What you say seems but a dream dreamed within a dreamer's dream." - Norimori, Tale of the Heike

lynsey

kung fu hustle

Post by lynsey » Jun 4th, '05, 02:06

can someone tell me where i can download kung fu hustle???? i really want to see it.

GhstDreamer

Post by GhstDreamer » Jun 4th, '05, 15:58

I loved this movie and I think it was better than Shaolin Soccer (and I loved that movie). I was so glad Kung Fu Hustle actually played in the theatres - where I live we usually don't get any foreign films. It only played for 1 week...The funny thing was I was the only one laughing during the movie. I think a lot of the people who went to watch it thought it was suppose to be a really serious movie. :roll

beer

Post by beer » Jun 4th, '05, 18:00

It was an enjoyable piece. The only scene I found hilarious was with the rebounding knives, but then again - that's a whole lot more than I've considered funny in movies that have been labeled 'comedy' the last few decades.

Nice, and a definite must for Chow fans.

Tae-Hwa

Post by Tae-Hwa » Jun 4th, '05, 19:03

oh man, this movie rocks so much, you can't go wrong with it! it officially made me a fan of Stephen Chow. :)

wingli

Post by wingli » Aug 31st, '05, 14:42

it's very a funny one !!! but i like shaolin soocer more

Tommy83

Post by Tommy83 » Aug 31st, '05, 17:02

Compare to shalion soccer, this movie really just an average. However, this one is definitely the best movie in Hong kong.

edwardsz

Post by edwardsz » Sep 2nd, '05, 19:34

can anyone let me know where to download this movie? :-( :-( i really want to watch this one.... thanks a bunch in advance :D :-)

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Sep 2nd, '05, 19:54

FSC has all the asian movies, but I don't think they have this one, b/c it's MPAA licensed.
Watching: IWGP, My Boss My Hero, Hakusen Nagashi, Tiger & Dragon, Over the Rainbow

sook

Post by sook » Sep 2nd, '05, 20:01

hm. let me apologize in advance - this post is NOT meant to be offensive. :)
but, i thought that this was, even for chow sing chi's standards, one of the worst movies i have ever seen.
it was lame all the way through. shaolin soccer is a lot better.
but hey, just personal opinion here.

sook

Post by sook » Sep 2nd, '05, 20:03

try FSC. they probably have it

ShaolinMunky

Post by ShaolinMunky » Sep 2nd, '05, 20:04

The pain on Stephen Chows face was hilarious when that knife went in to his arm :lol
How do you like THEM apples??? :)

edwardsz

Post by edwardsz » Sep 2nd, '05, 23:22

thanks a lot tikleabubble and sook!! :D :-) :D but i dont know what is FSC..could you give me further guidance? thanks a lot :-) :P

dochira

Post by dochira » Sep 2nd, '05, 23:28

edwardsz wrote:thanks a lot tikleabubble and sook!! :D :-) :D but i dont know what is FSC..could you give me further guidance? thanks a lot :-) :P
FSC = Fantastic Super Club

edwardsz

Post by edwardsz » Sep 2nd, '05, 23:38

thanks a lot dochira :D :-) :D ...how to download movie from there? i'm really sorry to trouble u all with all those silly questions... :pale: i'm a newbie here... :-(

TNF
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by TNF » Sep 3rd, '05, 02:40

Watching: IWGP, My Boss My Hero, Hakusen Nagashi, Tiger & Dragon, Over the Rainbow

jholic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by jholic » Sep 3rd, '05, 13:27

one of the few times i'm in the chinese entertainment thread, and i had to give my comment on this movie.
sook wrote:i thought that this was, even for chow sing chi's standards, one of the worst movies i have ever seen.
it was lame all the way through. shaolin soccer is a lot better.
sook, i have the exact opposite opinion from you. i thought hustle was highly entertaining, amusing, with great special effects. on the other hand, i did not enjoy 'shaolin soccer' at all. i think i mustered one laugh throughout the whole movie. it could have been that so many people were hyping it up, that i expected a lot from it, but it was not funny at all to me. perhaps i should watch it again.
Use THUMBS UP/DOWN buttons to KEEP or DELETE posts.
If you see SPAM or ABUSE, use the REPORT button.

Bi's girl

Post by Bi's girl » Sep 4th, '05, 00:57

i just watch it few days ago...man..this movie is so funny...love the action!!! :D
bI=my drug.

wrongun

Post by wrongun » Sep 6th, '05, 00:43

I like this movie. I expected this movie to be funny and silly, and that's what I got. 9/10 for me.

Mythrel

Post by Mythrel » Sep 6th, '05, 00:47

Wow I seen this movie like 3 months ago and laugh everytime I think about it I loved Kung Fu Hustle. Shaolin soccer was good but I think Kung Fu Hustle was better. I guess we all have our own opinions and they both were good films.

emc13

Post by emc13 » Oct 14th, '06, 07:12

hey!. just dled the movie. does any1 kno where i can get the english srt subtitles for this movie from??? or can anyone send it to me via my email..

sw33t_milli3@hotmail.com

cheers. :D :P
thanks

12superstar21

Post by 12superstar21 » Oct 14th, '06, 13:32

ive watched this film with english subtitle and its poor translation lol ^^ but you are better of watching it in (canton)