Filipino "My Girl"

Discuss about other asian culture here.
southbound

Filipino "My Girl"

Post by southbound » May 24th, '08, 21:45

Does anyone know if the Filipino My Girl will be up for download on D-Addicts? I really want to see it! Of course, I would hope that someone would sub it too. I loved the original, and I'm curious about this remake!

How does everyone think it will do?

kusyo

Post by kusyo » May 24th, '08, 22:06

i would love to see this too. i heard its not showin up yet in the philippines.

southbound

Post by southbound » May 25th, '08, 02:02

I think I read something about it airing there on the 26th? I feel like I've heard so much about it that it should already be airing, but I guess it's not yet XD

I'm surprised I haven't really seen anyone here talking about it much yet. I mean, the Korean My Girl is REALLY popular, so a remake should at least be of some interest, right?

I don't know what I think about them making the story "younger," but I think it could be an intriguing twist.

nelo

Post by nelo » May 25th, '08, 02:33

yap! thats right :-)
Filipino Version starred by Kim Chui and Gerald both are young at ages, they popularized the 'Sana Maulit Muli' aka 'Chance' in Taiwan.

I hope the story will not go overboard on the original story plot like Marimar(filipino version)

BTW, have you heard the remake of My name is KIM SAM SOON filipino version too

eduardjr

Post by eduardjr » May 25th, '08, 10:49

I hope someone in the Philippines can provide some raw video (My Girl) here if so, I can Translate or Sub it.

@nelo
yeah!, I heard Regine Velasces will be playing the character of KIM SAM SOON.

x0x0

Post by x0x0 » May 27th, '08, 00:25

@eduardjr: there's a raw available but it's very low on quality. standard size is only 320x240. not sure if you can post a link here but you can download it via torrent at IP-MART

eduardjr

Post by eduardjr » May 27th, '08, 12:54

@x0x0
Oh i see.
If I have an recorder device for these drama, I can sure share and subbing it. And its sure good quality coz we have a HD TV.^^.

x0x0

Post by x0x0 » May 27th, '08, 13:01

that would definitely be awesome... so you're really doing the project? will you be softsubbing or hardsubbing? looking forward to your release.

swit_thng

Post by swit_thng » May 27th, '08, 13:21

its their second episode tonight. :mrgreen:

sefilily

Post by sefilily » May 27th, '08, 13:36

Is it on TFC? I haven't been watching lately so I don't know.

I'm currently downloading the first ep of ip-mart forums. Like x0x0 said, they're usually small.

eduardjr

Post by eduardjr » May 28th, '08, 07:15

@x0x0
I love too but I have no recorder device right now.T_T. And I missed the 2 episodes.T_T. But Ill try to find some Raw Vid that has good quality and Ill sub them.^^.

sefilily

Post by sefilily » May 28th, '08, 07:40

The one I downloaded is 320x240. Really small. I was just scrolling through it quickly and in terms of Filo dramas it doesn't look cheap, if you know what I mean. But I was just flicking through it and it is quite small so ...

enella09

Post by enella09 » May 30th, '08, 18:24

WAAAH!! I missed the fifth episode tonight!!! :crazy:

the raws are in low quality, i'm searching for raws online, if there's any,,
the first 2 episodes are uploaded now in crunhyroll but it's in low quality and the subs are not accurate :O

x0x0

Post by x0x0 » May 30th, '08, 18:36

^ who's subbing?

enella09

Post by enella09 » May 30th, '08, 19:03

it's --> Katclndstn
i think it's not a fansub group

nelo

Post by nelo » May 30th, '08, 19:19

a very low quality acquired from tv

i think ABS-CBN will launch their 'Digital TV', it said that its like watching a clear DVD
maybe we should wait.

enella09

Post by enella09 » May 30th, '08, 19:58

nelo wrote: i think ABS-CBN will launch their 'Digital TV', it said that its like watching a clear DVD
maybe we should wait.
i think they'll launch after the series has competed, it will take too long

PopGilligan

Post by PopGilligan » Jun 1st, '08, 22:36

I've been watching the low quality video with the homemade subs on YouTube, and I've been enjoying the series. The subs haven't been much of an issue for me; the story isn't too complex, and we all know what happens (thus far), so I can deal with it.

Definitely don't like it as much as the original, but the show IS well made. The characters, so far, are likeable, so I'll keep watching : )

popoycanton

Post by popoycanton » Jun 1st, '08, 23:06

I haven't seen the show, but regarding the quality. The Philippines has NO HD broadcast as of yet, so expect standard definition (SD) quality only.

kerobu

Post by kerobu » Jun 1st, '08, 23:48

sefilily wrote:Is it on TFC? I haven't been watching lately so I don't know.

I'm currently downloading the first ep of ip-mart forums. Like x0x0 said, they're usually small.
Yes, it's on TFC. I saw 2 episodes of this just last week. of course, the original is better.

I think Kim Chiu's acting is not bad. I mean, I managed to watch 2 episodes. Though I didn't laugh at the supposed comic scenes (when she tries to act just to get what she wants).

southbound

Post by southbound » Jun 2nd, '08, 01:28

I saw a few previews on YouTube, and it looks pretty cute. Maybe I'll watch it even though the subs aren't perfect? Or maybe I'll wait hehe.

aiken09

Post by aiken09 » Jun 2nd, '08, 02:55

x0x0 wrote:@eduardjr: there's a raw available but it's very low on quality. standard size is only 320x240. not sure if you can post a link here but you can download it via torrent at IP-MART
how can you download @ IPmart? should you donate first before you can click the link of the file?
i cant download there huhu :cry:

x0x0

Post by x0x0 » Jun 2nd, '08, 05:00

aiken09 wrote:
x0x0 wrote:@eduardjr: there's a raw available but it's very low on quality. standard size is only 320x240. not sure if you can post a link here but you can download it via torrent at IP-MART
how can you download @ IPmart? should you donate first before you can click the link of the file?
i cant download there huhu :cry:
you don't have to donate, just register and download the torrent, just like here at d-addicts.

tarumpaw

Post by tarumpaw » Jun 2nd, '08, 05:11

for once kim chiu isn't annoying in this one. Her character is annoying so she pretty much is a good fit.

enella09

Post by enella09 » Jun 2nd, '08, 14:23

you can watch this on crunchyroll, up until episode 5 is already uploaded

enella09

Post by enella09 » Jun 3rd, '08, 17:14

i think the one uploaded in veoh is in high quality but no subs

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jun 15th, '08, 04:46

<STRIKE> http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14202541Pne3JKmn</STRIKE> I'm testing this for now
Last edited by tiratira on Jun 17th, '08, 04:46, edited 1 time in total.

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jun 17th, '08, 04:43

part 1/2 and part 2/2
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14219592t9cTgbtX
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14214430RpZAx3sx

anyone wants to help me subs this series?

enella09

Post by enella09 » Jun 17th, '08, 07:41

@ tiratira, maybe i can help?

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jun 18th, '08, 17:37

enella09 wrote:@ tiratira, maybe i can help?
hey enella,

so what would you rather do? do qc? translate? do you have any experience with subtitle programs? aegisub/subtitle workshop?

would you rather translate new episodes? currently i'm doing the second episode.

thanks for your interests, any help is appreciated.

rosevic87

Post by rosevic87 » Jun 19th, '08, 05:11

tiratira wrote:
hey enella,

so what would you rather do? do qc? translate? do you have any experience with subtitle programs? aegisub/subtitle workshop?

would you rather translate new episodes? currently i'm doing the second episode.

omg i would totally love to help you! i really wanna see this but since i don't know much tagalog, sad really, i can't help with transalting but i can help with anything else subbing wise xD

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jun 19th, '08, 05:32

omg! this is so great that you guys are subbing filipino dramas!! im excited!! thanks a lot!!

zimoonstar

Post by zimoonstar » Jun 20th, '08, 21:42

hey! who's doing the subbing for this one? I'd like to help a bit if they'd want another translator.

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jun 21st, '08, 02:46

zimoonstar wrote:hey! who's doing the subbing for this one? I'd like to help a bit if they'd want another translator.
I'm subbing it. What would like to do? Any experience in subtitle programs?

Thanks.

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jun 21st, '08, 02:49

rosevic87 wrote:
tiratira wrote:
hey enella,

omg i would totally love to help you! i really wanna see this but since i don't know much tagalog, sad really, i can't help with transalting but i can help with anything else subbing wise xD
Would like to setup the wiki page? or the the first episode write up with pictures and such.

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jun 21st, '08, 02:49

Episode 2 is up for those of you who don't mind veoh
part 1:
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14243617yg74b3MG

part 2
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14244266cxXRYwX3

zimoonstar

Post by zimoonstar » Jun 21st, '08, 23:29

i'm not familiar with subbing programs but i guess im quite fluent with Filipino/Tagalog. I'm willing to learn..

actually, i've tried to make an english transcript of the first half of ep.4 already.

ImL0st

Post by ImL0st » Jun 21st, '08, 23:45

The ones I saw on veoh is very low quality, not very clear even on thhat small web player, just wondering if they come like that or any other way to get a higher quality version?

sungie

Post by sungie » Jun 22nd, '08, 00:25

rosevic87 wrote: omg i would totally love to help you! i really wanna see this but since i don't know much tagalog, sad really, i can't help with transalting but i can help with anything else subbing wise xD
LOL
Had no idea you're watching this one (as well).
I'm checking it out of curiosity, and 'cause I think the female lead is cute. It's the first filipino drama for me.

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jun 22nd, '08, 04:55

ImL0st wrote:The ones I saw on veoh is very low quality, not very clear even on thhat small web player, just wondering if they come like that or any other way to get a higher quality version?
for the most part it will come in slightly better version, this is because I'm using whatever raw sources I can get. There will episodes that I have split into two because half is a better quality and the rest is not recorded in that quality.

Another reason is that unlike Korea, and Japan, the Philippines has not launched their digital tv yet, therefore HDTV quality. Supposedly it's on schedule for 2008. Right now they're still using analog broadcast.

This is "best" quality that will be uploaded but of course I will try to make it better, interlace source does not help much either.

704px × 464px

Hopefully a dvd version will come out.
Last edited by tiratira on Jun 22nd, '08, 04:59, edited 1 time in total.

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jun 22nd, '08, 04:58

zimoonstar wrote:i'm not familiar with subbing programs but i guess im quite fluent with Filipino/Tagalog. I'm willing to learn..

actually, i've tried to make an english transcript of the first half of ep.4 already.
awesome, I think that would be really helpful. If you can help with some qc too, sometime there are words are really hard to translate.

zimoonstar

Post by zimoonstar » Jun 22nd, '08, 08:05

yah, i'd help with qc too. just pm me how we'd do this. :-D

southbound

Post by southbound » Jun 23rd, '08, 00:51

Wow, it's so great that you guys are subbing this! I'm so grateful.

zyrene

Post by zyrene » Jun 26th, '08, 15:01

heres another blog that is subbing this series:
http://sub-i-mo-eh.blogspot.com/

how come they dont post the torrent of the subbed episodes here in d-addicts... is it not allowed? but i saw some fil drama here like the lycanthrope...
Last edited by zyrene on Jun 26th, '08, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.

nanmaP

Post by nanmaP » Jun 26th, '08, 15:27

WOW! you really are determined to translate this... The show uses Tagalog and Cebuano language and you must be fluent with both...

and it's overwhelming that this show will be subbed and watched by people from different countries...

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jun 27th, '08, 07:18

zyrene wrote:heres another blog that is subbing this series:
http://sub-i-mo-eh.blogspot.com/

how come they dont post the torrent of the subbed episodes here in d-addicts... is it not allowed? but i saw some fil drama here like the lycanthrope...
It's allowed, but as for me, I'm not going to release until I have done at least 3 episodes. It's just that usually other Asian drama's are an hour length as compared to only 30 min. If I was watching it, I would want more. Lol

zyrene

Post by zyrene » Jun 27th, '08, 07:35

@tiratira
ahhh.. ok.. so far how many episodes have you subbed?

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jun 27th, '08, 07:38

zyrene wrote:@tiratira
third one will be up, but it needs some fine tuning.

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jun 27th, '08, 07:42

nanmaP wrote:WOW! you really are determined to translate this... The show uses Tagalog and Cebuano language and you must be fluent with both...

and it's overwhelming that this show will be subbed and watched by people from different countries...
actually I'm doing this for a special someone, so I try to make sure that the translation is good, and sometimes add some cultural notes. :lol

zyrene

Post by zyrene » Jun 27th, '08, 08:05

tiratira wrote:
zyrene wrote:@tiratira
third one will be up, but it needs some fine tuning.
cool... then i'll wait for the torrents...

ace19

Post by ace19 » Jun 27th, '08, 08:55

hi tira-tira, we are also planning to release the subs of my girl philippines in this site, but problem is we can't acquire better quality since i rip videos to its lowest but clear quality (and we have not formally listed sub-i-mo-eh fansubs as a formal group here in d-addicts), fans has been demanding that we release subs 24 hours after the episode is aired, so we sacrificed quality in the name of speed (in videos' aspect and not the subs since we have filipino americans doing the QC and proof reading for us). Anyways we are willing to help you sub the final release here in d-addicts. Please do visit us at www.sub-i-mo-eh.blogspot.com or e-mail us at subimoeh@gmail.com, as of this time have subbed episode 20.... thanks and more power!!!

zimoonstar

Post by zimoonstar » Jun 27th, '08, 09:33

tiratira: I have about 3/4 of ep4 translated. Should I email it to you? I havent timed it though but it's all in chronological order. if there's anything you'd want me to QC just let me know. btw, marunong din ako mag cebuano so if there's anything you need to be translated from the bisaya dialect, let me know.

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jun 27th, '08, 11:32

zimoonstar wrote:tiratira: I have about 3/4 of ep4 translated. Should I email it to you? I havent timed it though but it's all in chronological order. if there's anything you'd want me to QC just let me know. btw, marunong din ako mag cebuano so if there's anything you need to be translated from the bisaya dialect, let me know.
Lol, that's funny I already typed my pm to you about it but I have sent it because veoh has not finished processing the video yet. It's up to you if you want to finish it, and let me time it or stop right now. Just let met know at approx what time you stopped. Just to let you know, I might also change a few wordings here and there.

episode 3 is up,

Needs qc, I hope you're fine watching it, you probably have watched it so many times. lol.

Particularly I need help in translating the words: sangalo @ time 11:48, and datung, @ time 21:05.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14477453nZGgKEhT

Thanks.

zimoonstar

Post by zimoonstar » Jun 27th, '08, 11:39

tiratira wrote:
zimoonstar wrote:tiratira: I have about 3/4 of ep4 translated. Should I email it to you? I havent timed it though but it's all in chronological order. if there's anything you'd want me to QC just let me know. btw, marunong din ako mag cebuano so if there's anything you need to be translated from the bisaya dialect, let me know.
Lol, that's funny I already typed my pm to you about it but I have sent it because veoh has not finished processing the video yet. It's up to you if you want to finish it, and let me time it or stop right now. Just let met know at approx what time you stopped. Just to let you know, I might also change a few wordings here and there.

episode 3 is up,

Needs qc, I hope you're fine watching it, you probably have watched it so many times. lol.

Particularly I need help in translating the words: sangalo @ time 11:48, and datung, @ time 21:05.

Thanks.
Oh, you sent me a pm? I haven't received it yet.
I'll go through your video...
btw, can u send me the softsub of ep3 so that I can review it using notepad.
~"Datung" is tagalog gay slang for money~

ace19

Post by ace19 » Jun 27th, '08, 13:02

it is not sangalo i think it's sangano (hoodlum).
Last edited by ace19 on Jun 27th, '08, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.

zyrene

Post by zyrene » Jun 27th, '08, 13:25

@ace19 and tiratira
where did you get your raws? is it the one in ipmart with 320 x 240 res?
and to tiratira the ep 3 is up thats great...

ace19

Post by ace19 » Jun 27th, '08, 13:33

i rip it using a tv tuner, we use raws with low resolution for faster uploading and subbing since we do the subbing using an online subbing site... www.overstream.net, we can't use higher resolution since it will make our uploading slower... and supporters keep bugging us to release subs within 24 hours. After all the eps are subbed we are planning to release it here using vids from dvds for higher quality. But since they already started it here, thought of helping instead to make our job easier since more people=easier job ^_^

zimoonstar

Post by zimoonstar » Jun 27th, '08, 13:55

i get my raws through TFC Now. I pay a few bucks but it's really worth it. (About $12 per month)
the video res. from TFC is a lot better though it ain't HD quality 'cos ABS-CBN hasnt gone digital yet... i think they have plans on becoming digital by the end of the year or next year.

ace19

Post by ace19 » Jun 27th, '08, 14:55

THEN CAN YOU BE OUR VIDEO PROVIDER??? ^_^
THE NATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSIONS SET 2015 AS A DEADLINE FOR ALL BROADCASTING COMPANIES IN THE PHILIPPINES TO UPGRADE TO DIGITAL SIGNAL FROM ANALOG, SO I DOUBT THAT THEY'LL UPGRADE TO DS WITHIN THIS YEAR... AND THEIR PERMIT TO INSTALL DEVICES ARE STILL PENDING ^_^

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jun 27th, '08, 21:49

zimoonstar wrote:
tiratira wrote:

episode 3 is up,

Thanks.
hey I saw your comments and I have implemented 3 out of 4. The one in question is this one:

"at 09:18, instead of "sister" it should be "siblings" or "brothers/sisters" because the term "mga kapatid" would mean that she has more that just one sister/brother."

That's what I though too. I have not seen the most recent episodes, did they speak of more brothers/sisters? I thought it was just Bel and Sarah and no one else.

edit: I forgot to asked, what name do you want in the credits?
Last edited by tiratira on Jun 27th, '08, 22:17, edited 2 times in total.

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jun 27th, '08, 21:54

ace19 wrote:THEN CAN YOU BE OUR VIDEO PROVIDER??? ^_^
THE NATIONAL TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMMISSIONS SET 2015 AS A DEADLINE FOR ALL BROADCASTING COMPANIES IN THE PHILIPPINES TO UPGRADE TO DIGITAL SIGNAL FROM ANALOG, SO I DOUBT THAT THEY'LL UPGRADE TO DS WITHIN THIS YEAR... AND THEIR PERMIT TO INSTALL DEVICES ARE STILL PENDING ^_^
here to wet your appetite for digital abs-cbn

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jun 27th, '08, 21:57

zyrene wrote:@ace19 and tiratira
where did you get your raws? is it the one in ipmart with 320 x 240 res?
and to tiratira the ep 3 is up thats great...
I'm in the same boat as zimoonstar and ace19, it's a combination of both. :lol

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jun 27th, '08, 22:16

ace19 wrote:hi tira-tira, we are also planning to release the subs of my girl philippines in this site, but problem is we can't acquire better quality since i rip videos to its lowest but clear quality (and we have not formally listed sub-i-mo-eh fansubs as a formal group here in d-addicts), fans has been demanding that we release subs 24 hours after the episode is aired, so we sacrificed quality in the name of speed (in videos' aspect and not the subs since we have filipino americans doing the QC and proof reading for us). Anyways we are willing to help you sub the final release here in d-addicts. Please do visit us at www.sub-i-mo-eh.blogspot.com or e-mail us at subimoeh@gmail.com, as of this time have subbed episode 20.... thanks and more power!!!
Why do you guys feel forced to? Would you like to create a new fansub group with zimoonstar and I?

For me, this is actually a more personal project for my love one, she does not speak Filipino and she saw the Korean My Girl, which I introduced to her. So I thought that she would be interested in this too.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jun 27th, '08, 22:43

i'm really proud of this show... ^_^v

zimoonstar

Post by zimoonstar » Jun 28th, '08, 03:10

tiratira wrote:
zimoonstar wrote:
tiratira wrote:

episode 3 is up,

Thanks.
hey I saw your comments and I have implemented 3 out of 4. The one in question is this one:

"at 09:18, instead of "sister" it should be "siblings" or "brothers/sisters" because the term "mga kapatid" would mean that she has more that just one sister/brother."

That's what I though too. I have not seen the most recent episodes, did they speak of more brothers/sisters? I thought it was just Bel and Sarah and no one else.

edit: I forgot to asked, what name do you want in the credits?
definitely, the mom of Julian isn't Bel or Sarah.
name? hmmm... how about dopeydoormat84 ? i'm bad at nicks.
ace19 is right..it's SANGGANO not SANGALO though Julian says it like he's bulol.
ace19 wrote:THEN CAN YOU BE OUR VIDEO PROVIDER??? ^_^
I think ABS will start testing their digital services this year because they've made a public announcement that they will start testing the service by installing digital boxes at certain areas within Metro Manila this year. So definitely, within 2 years, they'll go digital if things work out for them.

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jun 28th, '08, 03:31

zimoonstar wrote:
definitely, the mom of Julian isn't Bel or Sarah.
name? hmmm... how about dopeydoormat84 ? i'm bad at nicks.
ace19 is right..it's SANGGANO not SANGALO though Julian says it like he's bulol.
ah thanks got it! now it makes sense lol, i'm putting that as troublemaker like you mentioned, seems easier to understand for general public thanks

ace19

Post by ace19 » Jun 28th, '08, 11:17

yah sometimes gerald's tagalog is hard to sub, it's like he's eating his words... so you end up listening to a particular line over and over until you figured it out lol

snoopypal

Post by snoopypal » Jun 30th, '08, 03:33

Thanks to tiratira for uploading the subbed eps 1-3! Watched'em and I have to say...not bad! So far so good. They've kept the good elements and spirit of the original show so far and added some subtle unique touches. I wonder if they'll veer off from the original storyline at some point (other than some plot details)?

Funny, for me if I had to say which Korean actress Kim Chiu was channeling right now with her performance, it wouldn't be original "My Girl" star Lee Da Hae. She actually reminds me more of Jang Nara from "Bright Girl's Success Story" with her facial expressions and voice.

zyrene

Post by zyrene » Jun 30th, '08, 08:38

yah.. ive watched the subbed version and lets say its 7 out of 10... :D not bad... as for the story it will get better when jasmine starts to pretend as julians cousin... i did not watched the korean version so i kinda addicted to this drama... hehe

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jul 1st, '08, 12:53

episode 5 is done, needs qc, yes I know I will fix that karaoke that's clipped.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14617542HmQjbqkx

zimoonstar, not sure if you got my pm but it's about episode 4. Do you happen to have the transcript ready? thanks.

zyrene

Post by zyrene » Jul 4th, '08, 11:16

ei, just wondering if you would release the next three episodes of my girl when your done subbing it? will you continue to subb it till the end?

zimoonstar

Post by zimoonstar » Jul 4th, '08, 12:34

tiratira~ sorry, i have been busy lately. just email me if you need anything from me. i'll send u my email address through a pm.

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jul 6th, '08, 02:49

zyrene wrote:ei, just wondering if you would release the next three episodes of my girl when your done subbing it? will you continue to subb it till the end?
Yes, of course. The plan is till the end, but of course there are some circumstances in the real world that it might be delayed. :O

tiratira

Post by tiratira » Jul 6th, '08, 06:59

zeldAIS
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by zeldAIS » Jul 31st, '08, 00:57

astig kayo ^__^ keep up the good work :3 [i1]napadaan lang =P[/i1]