do japan have the highest surgery rate in asia?

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
Locked
watermelonghost
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 11th, '09, 00:06

do japan have the highest surgery rate in asia?

Post by watermelonghost » Jun 27th, '09, 07:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73W8X7LWuzU
http://www.1000looks.com/wordpress/?p=180
http://media.photobucket.com/image/aver ... ah/04a.jpg
http://japansugoi.com/wordpress/japanes ... ol-photos/
http://asianfanatics.net/forum/lofivers ... 09970.html

i mean, it confused me at first...
cause i know alot of japanese people had these news articles depicting on koreans and criticizing them on how they have the most surgery....
but finding these links, it convinced me otherwise...

can someone bring me up a speed here?
just want the truth to be known...

User avatar
koi0223
Posts: 8
Joined: Aug 22nd, '09, 04:20

Post by koi0223 » Aug 22nd, '09, 04:54

NO WAY!! It's Korea....

sally chan
Posts: 6
Joined: Sep 10th, '09, 09:31

Post by sally chan » Sep 10th, '09, 09:58

So scary..... thanks for the info thought...

technohive
Posts: 60
Joined: Apr 28th, '09, 11:07
Contact:

Post by technohive » Sep 11th, '09, 01:56

I guess its Korea too where most of the actress and actors have done surgery....

watermelonghost
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 11th, '09, 00:06

Post by watermelonghost » Oct 7th, '09, 02:25

sigh... i gave up reasoning with the japanese...
no matter what kind of evidence i show them,,, they just cant seem to realize their own negative aspects and see only of others...

though i dont blame them....
of course when their own media shows how their people are the most beautiful people in the world, or something like they were to heroes of world war 2,,,, for like 20 years,...
obviously they wont accept crystal clear facts that proves otherwise....

im not saying that korea is any better...
of course i think korea i just a country like any other country...
but i just dont like some other country that likes to claim they are more superior and dominant then other countries,,, thinking they are perfect , due to some strong ego that just had been implanted in them by the media or peers..

cause 2 things i CANT IMAGINE japanese people ever saying
1) "i guess not all our women is natural"
2) "oh we feel sorry about world war 2"

oh well, im not surprised that japanese ppl cant accept the fact their celebrities have surgeries as much as any other country's celebrities....

noobee
Posts: 383
Joined: Dec 19th, '06, 04:46

Post by noobee » Oct 7th, '09, 03:42

I think lots of Japanese have good make up skills
This user's account has been suspended. Because the user has ignore the mod's warnings to not reply with short useless messages, just so a spam link will show up on all his reply messages.

User avatar
seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1611
Joined: Feb 28th, '04, 01:08

Post by seirin » Oct 7th, '09, 04:19

The best cosmetic surgeons in the world is in Korea. Will that help give you an idea? However Japanese are very famous for their beauty products (skin and makeup)

nikochanr3
Posts: 608
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Oct 8th, '09, 18:26

there are a ton more plastic surgery clincs in korea than in japan. there are also a lot of underground surgeons in korea which is just unheard of in japan. im not japanese, but if you want to prove there is more plastic surgery in japan than korea - its just not true. Not sure why that bothers you or why its relevant, if you think korea doesnt have too much , ok. if you think it does, then its a korea issue, no?
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

User avatar
Modvind
Posts: 15
Joined: Feb 18th, '08, 20:05
Location: Denmark

Post by Modvind » Oct 8th, '09, 19:02

watermelonghost wrote: cause 2 things i CANT IMAGINE japanese people ever saying
1) "i guess not all our women is natural"
2) "oh we feel sorry about world war 2"
I think everybody can agree that you are generalising here, but I assume that you are aware of that too, so it is besides the point.

I have nothing to say about the first point, as I think that would be something a Japanese man might say, and I haven't really bothered making friends with any of the guys... :roll
However, I disagree with the second statement, even in general. I have come to believe that most (but certainly not all) Japanese people do infact realise that their involvement in the Second World War was inherently despicable. However, it is a painful topic, 'honor' and 'losing face' is still important in present day Japan, not to mention the horrors that occurred on Japanese soil.

User avatar
nogo
Posts: 70
Joined: Jul 13th, '08, 08:10

Post by nogo » Oct 9th, '09, 18:01

well, I'm sure there are some who do ps and some just look different because most people do change naturally after years...
for example - last year we had a classmeeting - we all saw eachother th first time in 10 years and most of them look totally different and I sometimes wasn't able to recogn. them.

so who chares...
show business, no matter where.... its all about fake.. fake with make up.. fake with ps... fake with manipulation of pictures/movies...
the bad thing about this topic is, that there still are a lot of people who think that what you see is real..
sure, there do people exist who are beautiful... but not everyone is...
magic...

just my 2cents

watermelonghost
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 11th, '09, 00:06

Post by watermelonghost » Oct 14th, '09, 05:17

seirin wrote:The best cosmetic surgeons in the world is in Korea. Will that help give you an idea? However Japanese are very famous for their beauty products (skin and makeup)
hmm...
so, every single koreans are surgery?
and every japanese celebrities are make ups?

seems, like some egos are impossible to reason with....
even with straightforward evidence....

i dont blame some japanese guys...
obviously they cant seem to accept the fact that their women can be a surgery material, when they always criticize other countries of their own surgeries....

i could imagine how embarassing it is for them...
so denial is what they can resort to....

do me a favor and research these things, like the link above...
rather then giving youre own biased opinion...

User avatar
seirin
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1611
Joined: Feb 28th, '04, 01:08

Post by seirin » Oct 16th, '09, 00:46

I didn't say every single. I am just saying Koreans are the best plastic surgeons.Even some of my Korean net friends agree. Does that mean every single person had surgery? Which country do you think have the best plastic surgeons? Frankly, if you look at the Japanese actors and actresses, many have flaws but they seem to accept their flaws. For example, Oguri's chest drops in on one side and his teeth isn't very nice. I can't recall who at the moment, but some actor has crooked teeth.

As well, I believe Japan has one of the best skin products. Korean products seem popular now too. However I think they seem to be moving to more natural make up I think. Like Skin Food. Because I say Japanese has the best skin products. Does that mean every single person in Japan wears make up?

Like if I say, Canada is a bilingual country. Does that mean every single person in Canada speaks French and English?

taiwanesebrothaz
Posts: 11
Joined: Aug 13th, '05, 15:16

Post by taiwanesebrothaz » Oct 25th, '09, 03:13

watermelonghost wrote:sigh... i gave up reasoning with the japanese...
no matter what kind of evidence i show them,,, they just cant seem to realize their own negative aspects and see only of others...


though i dont blame them....
of course when their own media shows how their people are the most beautiful people in the world, or something like they were to heroes of world war 2,,,, for like 20 years,...
obviously they wont accept crystal clear facts that proves otherwise....

im not saying that korea is any better...
of course i think korea i just a country like any other country...
but i just dont like some other country that likes to claim they are more superior and dominant then other countries,,, thinking they are perfect , due to some strong ego that just had been implanted in them by the media or peers..

cause 2 things i CANT IMAGINE japanese people ever saying
1) "i guess not all our women is natural"
2) "oh we feel sorry about world war 2"

oh well, im not surprised that japanese ppl cant accept the fact their celebrities have surgeries as much as any other country's celebrities....
1. it is true Japanese killed a lot of people in china, but if you think about how much Chinese people the Chinese govt itself killed since the Japanese left till modern day (falun gong organ transplant facilities anyone? & Tibet & a possible future hostile takeover of Taiwan), i would safely say Japanese rape/killing in china is over dramatized (like not just over, but way way way overdone) in too many movie adaptions.

if i were to pick who is more evil in terms of killing
Chinese government > Japanese, any day.

It was the Japanese govt + Japanese soldiers who did the horrible things, not the women, elderly, and children back at home who had no idea that their father, sons, cousins would commit such crimes. So because of that thought alone, I CAN't blame Japanese for what they did, its just what war is, people die.

if the Japanese doesn't want to admit it, you can't blame them!, who is going to admit that they drop two abombs in Japan? "oh yea i dropped two bombs and killed a lot of people, yea i did it", should the Japanese hate the americans even more for that?

war = people die, nobody is the good guy.

excuse my sidetracking...just wanted to clear up the general idea that japanese people is to be blamed for ww2 & everything. Point is the Chinese govt is probably more evil & committed more atrocities since ww2 ended till modern day than the Japanese ever did.

my main point is, just cause japanese people doesn't admit they do surgery doesn't make all the other countries who do it look better, american people do it, koreans do it, chinese people do it, they just dont want you to know.

would u want other people to know you got urself all prettied up for a pretty penny?

probably not.

User avatar
bmwracer
Posts: 2129
Joined: Aug 12th, '05, 00:12
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial

Re: do japan have the highest surgery rate in asia?

Post by bmwracer » Oct 25th, '09, 03:25

watermelonghost wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73W8X7LWuzU
http://www.1000looks.com/wordpress/?p=180
http://media.photobucket.com/image/aver ... ah/04a.jpg
http://japansugoi.com/wordpress/japanes ... ol-photos/
http://asianfanatics.net/forum/lofivers ... 09970.html

i mean, it confused me at first...
cause i know alot of japanese people had these news articles depicting on koreans and criticizing them on how they have the most surgery....
but finding these links, it convinced me otherwise...

can someone bring me up a speed here?
just want the truth to be known...
Sheesh, you say want the truth, yet you jump to your own conclusions...

Do you really want to hear the truth or just want someone to agree with your own conclusions? :scratch:
If you need me to seed Ueno Juri-chan or Yonekura Ryoko-chan stuff, please PM me. :salut:

popoycanton
Posts: 157
Joined: Oct 31st, '06, 03:48

Re: do japan have the highest surgery rate in asia?

Post by popoycanton » Nov 15th, '09, 01:08

watermelonghost wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73W8X7LWuzU
http://www.1000looks.com/wordpress/?p=180
http://media.photobucket.com/image/aver ... ah/04a.jpg
http://japansugoi.com/wordpress/japanes ... ol-photos/
http://asianfanatics.net/forum/lofivers ... 09970.html

i mean, it confused me at first...
cause i know alot of japanese people had these news articles depicting on koreans and criticizing them on how they have the most surgery....
but finding these links, it convinced me otherwise...

can someone bring me up a speed here?
just want the truth to be known...
The first link article starts with "rumor has it," that should be a dead give-a-way. 1000looks.com & japansugoi.com seriously?? it might as well be believe-everything-on-the-internet.com, seriously take a break from the PC, go outside and get a life.

goygakgoy
Posts: 478
Joined: Jun 5th, '05, 21:10

Post by goygakgoy » Nov 18th, '09, 04:41

I don't know the stats, but I enjoy Japanese entertainment and i doesn't look like most of the stars have plastic surgery. If so...dam...look so natural. With Korean entertainment, it's so freaking obvious.

watermelonghost
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 11th, '09, 00:06

ok, well i guess so

Post by watermelonghost » Dec 5th, '09, 14:41

from what the other guy says, admitting wont be something that would be happening in japan for 1000s of years...
i mean, japan claims that all the atrocities, massacre, rape, theft, collateral damage, etc...
are just a conspiracy lie...

then youre telling me, that all that saying about the things japanese imperial troops did..
so heres what you guys are saying... that all those millions of chinese, korean, phillipine, and some american people had planned a conspiracy, and somehow madea clever maneuver for millions of people to come up with the same exact lie about what happened during WW2...
thats what you guys are saying right?
if so, then theres nothing more i can say for this matter... i guess if the honorable samurais says so, then i guess thats what it is....


and about the surgeries, i dont wanna go further in this topic either, i guess this isnt getting anywhere... japan claims korean women are all surgeries, and koreans think japanese women are all plastic fake with 1000 pounds of makeup... so i doubt its getting anywhere....
and both countries claim that they are just better in fashion, so whatever....
and besides, whoever is right, i dont want to fall to this level either ways....
http://www.japanforum.com/gallery/showg ... hp?cat=509
http://akusesu.deviantart.com/
http://www.weirdasianews.com/2009/08/18 ... apan-wins/

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '10, 16:36

To be honest, all of you are slightly mistaken. The country that has the highest rate of plastic surgeries(in the world) is Venezuela. It is even called "beauty industry". In Asia, I'm not that sure. Every country has it.
Koreans celebrities (some) have undergone plastic surgeries, but Japanese and Chinese as well. The difference is that Koreans can be more open about it. Even so, what is wrong with that? It is just hard to admit.
And I can't believe sometimes when I see people on the streets, in magazines, movies and so on, when I'm in Japan, that they are all natural. Hell, no!!

History issues: do not start this with Japanese people on board. My Japanese friend once told me that there is nothing wrong with WW2, it was just self-defending war. The national pride is the deepest in Japanese. That is why it is sometimes hard to talk to. No nation is ideal, but some can admit it.
Last edited by Ethlenn on Jan 3rd, '10, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Karate-ka
Posts: 653
Joined: Sep 19th, '07, 15:18
Location: Netherlands, in a town called Brunssum

Post by Karate-ka » Jan 3rd, '10, 17:13

This site shouldnt be used for political isues anyway.

Make up does could make you look your eyes bigger.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MichellePhan

Last of them all having a round face when your young then when your older is with anyone. Granted there are people who stays like that, whoever i know people who totally change from when they are younger to who they look now.

So dont come with the crap of saying your face changed from being round to slim is plastic surgery. Anyone can have that. Maybe you have it just compare it.
Pretty white t-shirt and pair of jeans, thats all real man need ya know(No they need a job and a Diploma)
Image

User avatar
Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7241
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 18:16
Contact:

Post by Ethlenn » Jan 3rd, '10, 17:44

You're right, this site is friendly, and let's hope it stays the same.

Especially man's face changes with years, so some may say that a guy underwent plastic surg. but he didn't. The girls don't change that much, though.
Image
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

User avatar
Karate-ka
Posts: 653
Joined: Sep 19th, '07, 15:18
Location: Netherlands, in a town called Brunssum

Post by Karate-ka » Jan 3rd, '10, 18:57

Ethlenn wrote:You're right, this site is friendly, and let's hope it stays the same.

Especially man's face changes with years, so some may say that a guy underwent plastic surg. but he didn't. The girls don't change that much, though.
I had a class mate though, her face was round when she was younger, but very slim(is that even the right word?) when she was my age.
There are girls believe me.
Pretty white t-shirt and pair of jeans, thats all real man need ya know(No they need a job and a Diploma)
Image

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests