Have a quesiton about watching Japanese TV from overseas? Ask here!

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
risu

Re: Comparing Options for Watching Japanese TV from Overseas

Post by risu » Jul 22nd, '16, 08:51

After a month of use, my personal review of iSakura :

+ a lot of channels
+ good image / sound quality
+ fast and nice interface
+ good service stability overall

- french users can't reach the authentication server with most ISP : the replay program list isn't updated. The only solution from seller is to use VPN
- with a regular remote, browsing the interface isn't so convenient
- going forward and backward + long pause can generate a video freeze
- no recording

Although i think iSakura is currently the best solution, i keep on regretting the iHome service/box.

juki

Post by juki » Jul 22nd, '16, 14:21

As a iSakura user for about 2 months now (thanks to this thread), I can also give you a little review. :-)

I'm very happy with it. I use it with an Tronsmart R68 android box.

The main channels are in good quality more on the HD side than SD but some of the "not so watched" channels have quite a low bitrate. Everything's ok for TBS, Fuji, Wowow and co though.
I used to have some very small audio lag but not since weeks.

The app is great, I use it intensively with a lot of actions : forward/rewind/change channels/go to replay/back, never had a crash or something like that.

I'm from France and I don't have the issue Risu have (keep fingers crossed), I think it's because I'm with an other ISP : Orange. I was planning to change but now I won't.
For the recording I use an avermedia lgp. I just need to be at home before the replay time of 7 days is over to manually record something I like, not a big issue for me but yes maybe for some it can be.

So far so good.

FCNantes

Post by FCNantes » Jul 22nd, '16, 17:30

No one experience frequent freeze during normal live and/or replay with iSakura? :cry:

juki

Post by juki » Jul 22nd, '16, 18:46

FCNantes wrote:No one experience frequent freeze during normal live and/or replay with iSakura? :cry:
I'm with a fiber connection and really, no freeze for me (but I mainly watch the first 10 channels). :scratch:
It may come from your device.

FCNantes

Post by FCNantes » Jul 22nd, '16, 19:10

I have fibre connection as well (100mbps)
I bought X2 but no luck. Other network devices have no issues.

mikao

Post by mikao » Jul 22nd, '16, 21:15

FCNantes wrote:I bought X2 but no luck. Other network devices have no issues.
I also have an X2 box but not really freeze (just occasionally)
I have free ADSL2 + (20mbps) without fiber.
strange :goggle: ... you definitely have a problem of connection or device !?
Or, you may be have other applications installed on your box using a lot of your ram hence a freeze ?

FCNantes

Post by FCNantes » Jul 23rd, '16, 08:11

mikao wrote: Or, you may be have other applications installed on your box using a lot of your ram hence a freeze ?
I only have isakura installed.
But the device is behind a switch instead plugging directly into the router.
I have to pull a long cable to the router :crazy:

ronnyt

Post by ronnyt » Jul 23rd, '16, 16:11

I also have isakura with the x2 and we have constant problems with freezing nothing but isakura on the box. It has been going on all month. Just sent this out
Hi Jimmy
We are having constant freezing problems with the new x2 box with isakura. Any idea on what the problem might be. We have nothing else loaded or changed on the box, only isakura as you sent out to us. please let me know
thank you

kdjtachi65

Post by kdjtachi65 » Jul 23rd, '16, 16:43

Regarding the iSakura freezing issue:
If you're using a TV box, is the app using the wired (ethernet) connection or wi-fi? When I started running iSakura, I noticed it kept forcing the wi-fi connection open to connect, and even though I've got a 30Mb connection, my TV box's wi-fi radio is so crappy (even though the access point is barely ten feet away) the picture was constantly freezing and buffering.

I had to disable my wi-fi connection to force the app to connect over ethernet, and it's been silky-smooth since.

FCNantes

Post by FCNantes » Jul 23rd, '16, 17:09

kdjtachi65 wrote:Regarding the iSakura freezing issue:
I had to disable my wi-fi connection to force the app to connect over ethernet, and it's been silky-smooth since.
By default, wifi is enabled when started. So it is necessary to disable it every time I start the device. :cry:
Also I have set it to forget the ssid I had been connected to, it should not be able to connect to that in normal circumstance.
By the way, I am keen to try this out. :-)

FCNantes

Post by FCNantes » Jul 23rd, '16, 17:16

ronnyt wrote:I also have isakura with the x2 and we have constant problems with freezing nothing but isakura on the box. It has been going on all month.
I am going to send a mail to him too as I suffered from freezing for a long time.

ronnyt

Post by ronnyt » Jul 23rd, '16, 21:11

FCNantes wrote:
kdjtachi65 wrote:Regarding the iSakura freezing issue:
By default, wifi is enabled when started. So it is necessary to disable it every time I start the device. :cry:
Also I have set it to forget the ssid I had been connected to, it should not be able to connect to that in normal circumstance.
By the way, I am keen to try this out. :-)
I have a direct ethernet connection to the x2 box, but, I do another computer hooked up wireless, which may or may not be causing the problem.

kdjtachi65

Post by kdjtachi65 » Jul 23rd, '16, 23:36

To clarify:

iSakura has the following permissions:
connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi
full network access
view network connections
view Wi-Fi connections

That means that even though I had disabled my Wi-Fi connection, the app re-enabled it and connected to my access point every time I started it. Somehow (thanks to some hidden setting in my stupid TV box launcher), it even managed to "remember" the connection I specifically told it to "forget". The only way I could reliably block it from connecting through Wi-Fi (without changing the Wi-Fi password, which I wasn't about to do with eight other wireless devices on that AP) was by enabling MAC address filtering on my access point, and blacklisting that machine's wireless MAC address.

So, if you have a TV box that has EVER had a working Wi-Fi connection and you're experiencing freezing/buffering issues, you might want to troubleshoot by temporarily disabling wireless networking on your router. If that improves performance, you can then change your wireless password, or implement MAC address filtering.

adultswam

Post by adultswam » Jul 24th, '16, 23:43

I am having issues with freezing on iSakura too, and don't have a wifi network in my home, nor have I ever attempted to connect to a wifi network with my android TV box. I have also emailed Jimmy regarding this issue and he said he is looking into it.

For reference, my specs are as follows:
Android TV: Unblock Tech Gen.2 Oversea S800
Apps: iSakura, UBTV (only ever use iSakura)
Internet Svc: Verizon Fios (30Mbps up/15Mbps down)
Network: All devices connected to 1gbps switch, connected to a router running DD-WRT firmware

FWIW most of the freeze-ups I've noticed happen in both live and VODs, during high motion scenes or in music concerts with lots of lighting effects in the background. Then again, sometimes I've been watching high motion scenes or concerts with lots of the aforementioned lighting, and playback has been smooth as a baby's bottom.

risu

Post by risu » Jul 25th, '16, 07:26

juki wrote:I'm from France and I don't have the issue Risu have (keep fingers crossed), I think it's because I'm with an other ISP : Orange.
Interesting because i asked friends with SFR and Orange to do tests : didn't work either ...

frag2

Post by frag2 » Jul 25th, '16, 15:43

Just curious - anyone here try the VPN services and then sign up for Gyao or any of those VOD services?

CSPhobos

Post by CSPhobos » Jul 28th, '16, 07:06

I decided to give JPHD a test. Downloaded their app, Jimmy activated the program for me. 30 seconds after running it, my virus scanner freaks out and deletes JPHD.exe for a dangerous trojan warning, and a newly created tmp file that contains rootkit/trojan code, including a known exe name "Mesepithelium6.exe"
JPHD.exe (27/55 detected trojan) https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/e3f6 ... /analysis/
Microsoft said this one was Win32/Rundas!plock

The new TMP file (40/57 detected trojan)
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/448c ... /analysis/
Microsoft said this was Win32/Dmat.A!cl

:scratch: :x

So far, not so good for me. Still thinking about aliexpress boxes that are ~$130 before resorting to isakura. I'm currently using whatever free streams I can get my hands on, but they aren't completely reliable or good quality. Free is free though. Comcast is also "testing" a 1TB monthly cap. Any estimates on monthly data usage for the popular streaming apps?

update- Jimmy responded to me saying it's so they can get the mac address of my hardware, but I don't think I can trust that. I'm probably going to stick to a standalone device or android app.

Cheers,
CSPhobos

renarayne

Post by renarayne » Jul 28th, '16, 19:39

CSPhobos wrote:Still thinking about aliexpress boxes that are ~$130 before resorting to isakura.
You can probably get an MX3 or MXQ for cheaper which is reported to work with iSakura.

CSPhobos

Post by CSPhobos » Jul 29th, '16, 21:24

And does anyone have experience with boxes pre-loaded with service? Shenzhen E-signal Technology sells a lot of devices with the S905 cpu. Do they generally use a specific app, or is it their own custom one?

zanmat0

Post by zanmat0 » Jul 30th, '16, 07:22

Any suggestions for Android 6.0+? I tried a couple from japannettv.com and they didn't boot. WorldTV was the only one that actually worked but the aspect ratio was way off and no way to fix it.

WaikikiJFan

Post by WaikikiJFan » Aug 2nd, '16, 05:43

I got an X2 box and subscribed to iSakura. Overall it works very well. The only problem I've found is that the longer it plays, the more out of sync the audio gets. It's fine at the start, but after an hour or more it's noticeably off. By two hours it's really distracting how out of sync it has become. Has anyone else figured out what to do about it?

kdjtachi65

Post by kdjtachi65 » Aug 4th, '16, 17:32

WaikikiJFan wrote:I got an X2 box and subscribed to iSakura. Overall it works very well. The only problem I've found is that the longer it plays, the more out of sync the audio gets. It's fine at the start, but after an hour or more it's noticeably off. By two hours it's really distracting how out of sync it has become. Has anyone else figured out what to do about it?
As far as I know, iSakura uses AverMedia capture technology to output both "live" and playback streams; you'll notice you can pause the "live" (recording in progress) stream, but not rewind or fast forward. This would indicate the issue is the source stream itself, and not how the iSakura client is decoding it.

You can test by watching a live program from the moment it starts, and confirming the audio and video are in sync. After you notice a a sync issue, either briefly change channels or exit and rejoin the stream. If the audio remains out of sync, the problem is with the original stream, and it will remain until the provider fixes their audio delay settings.

You can double-check your results by selecting a live program that's been playing for about an hour. If the audio and video are already out of sync, the issue is definitely at the source.

WaikikiJFan

Post by WaikikiJFan » Aug 5th, '16, 04:28

kdjtachi65 wrote:
WaikikiJFan wrote:I got an X2 box and subscribed to iSakura. Overall it works very well. The only problem I've found is that the longer it plays, the more out of sync the audio gets. It's fine at the start, but after an hour or more it's noticeably off. By two hours it's really distracting how out of sync it has become. Has anyone else figured out what to do about it?
As far as I know, iSakura uses AverMedia capture technology to output both "live" and playback streams; you'll notice you can pause the "live" (recording in progress) stream, but not rewind or fast forward. This would indicate the issue is the source stream itself, and not how the iSakura client is decoding it.

You can test by watching a live program from the moment it starts, and confirming the audio and video are in sync. After you notice a a sync issue, either briefly change channels or exit and rejoin the stream. If the audio remains out of sync, the problem is with the original stream, and it will remain until the provider fixes their audio delay settings.

You can double-check your results by selecting a live program that's been playing for about an hour. If the audio and video are already out of sync, the issue is definitely at the source.
I haven't noticed it as much with the live stream, but then I seldom watch the live stream for very long. Most of the time I watch it is with the 7-day playback when I have time to catch up on the shows I missed during the week.

One thing I've noticed is if one of the 7-day playback shows becomes really out of sync after a while, I can back out to live TV, then re-select the program I was just watching on the 7-day playback, fast forward to where I was before, and it will be in sync. So it's just a progressive thing that happens the longer the show plays. I just don't know if that's true of all subscribers, or just those with the X2 box, or just me.

darkgamerGS

Post by darkgamerGS » Aug 5th, '16, 12:37

Please, Can someone tell me if eMankai still works?
Last edited by darkgamerGS on Aug 5th, '16, 17:49, edited 3 times in total.

kdjtachi65

Post by kdjtachi65 » Aug 5th, '16, 15:10

WaikikiJFan wrote:One thing I've noticed is if one of the 7-day playback shows becomes really out of sync after a while, I can back out to live TV, then re-select the program I was just watching on the 7-day playback, fast forward to where I was before, and it will be in sync. So it's just a progressive thing that happens the longer the show plays. I just don't know if that's true of all subscribers, or just those with the X2 box, or just me.
I'm running on a different TV box, so I'll pick a nice long playback stream and run the same seek test you did.

Sukio

Post by Sukio » Aug 13th, '16, 19:22

Hi,

Novice question, how do I install isakura to Amazon fire? I have kodi already installed if that helps.

EDIT: Got it working but its stuttering every few seconds. Its not a connection issue as others streaming apps work perfectly. Is this a known issue or is it to do with Amazon Fire stick and low RAM etc?

Sukio

kdjtachi65

Post by kdjtachi65 » Aug 14th, '16, 17:11

I selected three random channels with available 200+ minute playback streams in iSakura. After verifying the audio was (more or less) in sync at playback start, I let each stream run as background noise, checking in every half hour or so to determine how many ms the audio had drifted out of sync. Not surprisingly, the amount varied between streams (each channel/channel group is presumably encoded by a dedicated card).

Stream 1: 240 min, 300ms at 200 min mark
Stream 2: 220 min, 200ms at 200 min mark
Stream 3: 210 min, 400ms at 200 min mark

I then selected the same streams, and immediately fast forwarded to the 60, 120, etc marks and noted the audo/video sync drift. It pretty much matched the numbers above. Does anyone have similar/different results?

moku160

Post by moku160 » Aug 14th, '16, 18:25

I am sure I am missing something very simple, but I cannot find the isakura APK. Can someone point me in the right direction?

THanks in advance

pato

Post by pato » Aug 14th, '16, 22:54

This past days i get freezing problems with isakura when i watch live tv. Anyone else has that problem?

SoraElk

Post by SoraElk » Aug 31st, '16, 04:48

Hi,

New here! Been using jpplayer to watch my japanese shows but recently it is just showing a black screen for whichever channel that I selects. Not sure what is happening and the provider for jpplayer is not responding to me. Anyone has any ideas how to fix it?

On another hand, any recommendations on how else can I watch japanese channels on PC?

Thanks!

Aslaugg

Post by Aslaugg » Aug 31st, '16, 17:34

Hello there! I've been testing Isakura on my phone and everything's great so far. Now I want to install it in my Android TV BOx but it gives me an error when entering the activation code. Do I have to order a subscription again in order to get a new activation code for a new device? thanks in advance

unclemick

Post by unclemick » Aug 31st, '16, 18:44

Aslaugg wrote:Hello there! I've been testing Isakura on my phone and everything's great so far. Now I want to install it in my Android TV BOx but it gives me an error when entering the activation code. Do I have to order a subscription again in order to get a new activation code for a new device? thanks in advance
1 subscription for 1 device.

risu

Post by risu » Sep 2nd, '16, 14:02

unclemick wrote:
Aslaugg wrote:Hello there! I've been testing Isakura on my phone and everything's great so far. Now I want to install it in my Android TV BOx but it gives me an error when entering the activation code. Do I have to order a subscription again in order to get a new activation code for a new device? thanks in advance
1 subscription for 1 device.
It's clear on the iSakura download page though : 1 Account 1 Installation

risu

Post by risu » Sep 12th, '16, 06:46

Seems iSakura is testing H265 video.
4 channels named with H265 in the name appeared.

CSPhobos

Post by CSPhobos » Sep 17th, '16, 04:57

Finally got an MXQ pro... trying to get a proper apk test is like pulling teeth with Jerry aka steven. They send me a broken apk that I didn't even request, and go silent when I keep requesting for their JKTV app to be unlocked. One step closer to isakura. :stress: I also wish AirPlay worked. I get a connection error on my iPhone. :/

pato

Post by pato » Sep 18th, '16, 14:49

Does anyone have problems with isakura right now? It's not working for me.

MisoraHibari

Post by MisoraHibari » Sep 18th, '16, 14:59

pato wrote:Does anyone have problems with isakura right now? It's not working for me.
Same problem for me there. Before one hour only some channels were working. Now all channels are offline. Same issue with Hikari Android channels they are all offline now. Waiting for server status update from https://twitter.com/ILoveJapaneseTV

pato

Post by pato » Sep 18th, '16, 15:34

MisoraHibari wrote:
pato wrote:Does anyone have problems with isakura right now? It's not working for me.
Same problem for me there. Before one hour only some channels were working. Now all channels are offline. Same issue with Hikari Android channels they are all offline now. Waiting for server status update from https://twitter.com/ILoveJapaneseTV
Ok thanks! I sent message about the problem but no answers yet.

CSPhobos

Post by CSPhobos » Sep 19th, '16, 21:06

I really want iSakura, but it doesn't have Cartoon Network. I watch that a lot, mostly for background noise. I might go with uchi or hikari because of it. The JKTV apk I'm testing has it but channels aren't very stable and quality varies. I'm about to test Hikari and I hope it doesn't have too many mono channels like JKTV had.

update 9/21- When I got the hikari test activated, just about everything worked. Now no channels load. I'm also sad the recording of ガキの使い won't load. (Others do) :/ One of the channels I was on popped up briefly, showing me some guy's macbook desktop and him clicking Facebook...

8 hours later, the channels are back. The last day of testing was crappy, so I'm actually going to just use the JKTV apk I found from aliexpress, which is $85/yr though less reliable and no schedule/replay. If iSakura gets CN, or I stop caring about the channel, I'll probably get it. When I asked about the channel, I was told they are working on improving signal quality.

Dark_Schneider_Py

Post by Dark_Schneider_Py » Oct 11th, '16, 17:04

First time posting here, please excuse my awful english.

I tried iSakura on my MXIII-G and it worked out fine, 'scept for the MAC address changing upon reboot part (I had to ask Jimmy to reset my account like three times total during my test).

Any workarounds or recommendations for other Android TV device(s) without the dreaded MAC problem?
And do either iSakura or the other apps work on rooted devices?

Kyoufu

Post by Kyoufu » Oct 14th, '16, 16:00

Do Isakura or any of the other programs support chromecasting through their .apk? I'd hate just being able to watch on a TV and I rather have the flexibility of streaming from my smartphone to other devices, using chromecast.

unclemick

Post by unclemick » Oct 14th, '16, 16:33

Kyoufu wrote:Do Isakura or any of the other programs support chromecasting through their .apk? I'd hate just being able to watch on a TV and I rather have the flexibility of streaming from my smartphone to other devices, using chromecast.
I'd like to know this as well. I saw that iSakura v.8 was forthcoming, wondering if it includes any features like this or if any others offer casting.

mikao

Post by mikao » Oct 27th, '16, 20:05

reminder for people who do not want to pay a service for watching Japanese TV, this streaming flow still works well ^^

http://mov3.co/

Procion

Post by Procion » Oct 29th, '16, 04:09

CSPhobos wrote:I decided to give JPHD a test. Downloaded their app, Jimmy activated the program for me. 30 seconds after running it, my virus scanner freaks out and deletes JPHD.exe for a dangerous trojan warning, and a newly created tmp file that contains rootkit/trojan code, including a known exe name "Mesepithelium6.exe"
JPHD.exe (27/55 detected trojan)
I had similar problem with JPHD and I think it's update.exe in app folder causes these warnings. When you refuse to update and delete this file, there are not antivirus warnings anymore. I still didn't trust it fully, but service itself is very nice. Almost no freezing issues, fast and sleek interface and because it runs on PC you can record shows with Win10 built in XBox screen video capture.

statrosa

Post by statrosa » Oct 30th, '16, 13:00

Kyoufu wrote:Do Isakura or any of the other programs support chromecasting through their .apk? I'd hate just being able to watch on a TV and I rather have the flexibility of streaming from my smartphone to other devices, using chromecast.
I can confirm that it does not work, it says something like "this app is not optimized for casting" and then it freezes on screen, but still runs normally on the Android device.

Edit: I used a Lenovo Tab3 7 Android 5.0.1, it is best to avoid this device if you want to watch iSakura (video out of sync issues).

zanmat0

Post by zanmat0 » Nov 2nd, '16, 20:33

Anyone figured out how to get one of these runnning on multiple devices? I tried spoofing Device IDs and MAC addresses on Leapdroid emulator but to no avail. I just want to be able to watch on multiple devices, not simultaneously. Their restrictions are plain idiotic.

Also, still no fix for aspect ratio on Android 6.0?

Since I have such bad aspect ratio issues with Android, could I set it up on my windows machine and stream it to my tablet when I'm out?

tandex

Post by tandex » Nov 8th, '16, 01:40

This was posted on the japannettv twitter account: https://twitter.com/ILoveJapaneseTV
Shhhhh...please don't scream. #iSakura Multi OS version will come by the end of the year which enables you to watch TV on multiple devices!!
I guess we'll find out soon enough. I only run iSakura on a dedicated android box, since these things seem to contain all kinds of rootkits and other garbage.

namitsu

Post by namitsu » Nov 8th, '16, 07:27

I got to test a new app from freesun on my android iHome 2 box. It's very good. No buffering and appears to be 720p. I can watch all programs live and until a week back on all channels instantly. Highly recommended.

Store: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/611266 ... 0.0.hCzXod
However, these boxes come with an older version apk.

To get the latest and best app/box, contact Jessica on Skype: PM me for her Skype ID
The new app+1year subscription will be around 200 USD/year, which is very fair for the quality imo. :-)

aikodeshou

Post by aikodeshou » Nov 8th, '16, 14:46

I have been lurking on this site for years and this is my first time posting because I want to sing the praises of isakura. Thanks to all of you on this form, I was finally able to find a mobile IPTV service I could trust. I can take my Japanese TV wherever I go!!!!!!!

I do have a problem though, but I think it's a good one. I am on the 7-Day trial for the 73 channels, but I feel a bit overwhelmed with all the great shows there are to watch. Even though I have so many channels, I found myself gravitating towards the basic channels that I'm used to. The biggest plus for me with the 73 channels as opposed to the basic package, are the music channels. It's good to be able to refresh my karaoke list to add some great new music.

Do you think that it's worth it for me to get the 73 channels, as opposed to the basic package, just for the music channels? What are the benefits of having so many channels if I'm not going to probably watch all of them. Do you guys think that MTV, which is in the basic package, is enough for me to get the music I need to sing karaoke? Do you guys watch a lot of the 73 channels that come with the isakura the package? Help me out!

Finally, is there somewhere I can look up the descriptions of TV shows in Japanese or English? Instead of aimlessly flipping through the channels, I'd like to create a list of shows that I'd like to watch.

I know this post is super long, but I'd like to thank all of you for your contributions throughout the years when it came to testing these devices and services.
Last edited by aikodeshou on Nov 12th, '16, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.

hiakhiak

Post by hiakhiak » Nov 9th, '16, 06:17

Hi guys... Silly question here, does anyone know how to decode the url from this http://itv.ilovetv.tw:9000/PB/playback.jsp?id=36 ?

kdjtachi65

Post by kdjtachi65 » Nov 10th, '16, 20:04

aikodeshou wrote:Do you think that it's worth it for me to get the 73 channels, as opposed to the basic package, just for the music channels? What are the benefits of having so many channels if I'm not going to probably watch all of them. Do you guys think that MTV, which is in the basic package, is enough for me to get the music I need to sing karaoke? Do you guys watch a lot of the 73 channels that come with the isakura the package? Help me out!
It might be worth it to subscribe to one month of the 73-channel package, followed by a month of the basic package. That should give you a better idea of whether or not you'd eventually find yourself "having and not wanting" vs the horrifying alternative.

I've been a JPOP/JROCK listener for years (it sorta goes hand-in-hand with JDrama/anime fandom), so I enjoy running M-On's classic music video blocks in the background while I'm busy doing other things, and it's always fun to catch the latest music videos and performances on Music Japan TV. Well worth the $4.50/month(annual) or $7/month(monthly) difference in price, in my opinion.

Now toss in Animax, the Star and Fuji channels, Movie+, Toei, NECO, etc... lots of new content to discover and enjoy.

statrosa

Post by statrosa » Nov 12th, '16, 08:57

kdjtachi65 wrote:
aikodeshou wrote:Do you think that it's worth it for me to get the 73 channels, as opposed to the basic package, just for the music channels? What are the benefits of having so many channels if I'm not going to probably watch all of them. Do you guys think that MTV, which is in the basic package, is enough for me to get the music I need to sing karaoke? Do you guys watch a lot of the 73 channels that come with the isakura the package? Help me out!
It might be worth it to subscribe to one month of the 73-channel package, followed by a month of the basic package. That should give you a better idea of whether or not you'd eventually find yourself "having and not wanting" vs the horrifying alternative.

I've been a JPOP/JROCK listener for years (it sorta goes hand-in-hand with JDrama/anime fandom), so I enjoy running M-On's classic music video blocks in the background while I'm busy doing other things, and it's always fun to catch the latest music videos and performances on Music Japan TV. Well worth the $4.50/month(annual) or $7/month(monthly) difference in price, in my opinion.

Now toss in Animax, the Star and Fuji channels, Movie+, Toei, NECO, etc... lots of new content to discover and enjoy.

I Totally agree!!!!

aikodeshou

Post by aikodeshou » Nov 12th, '16, 20:03

kdjtachi65 wrote:

Thanks so much. I'll be taking your advice.

Kenjiro

Post by Kenjiro » Nov 15th, '16, 02:25

Greetings all.

I'm trying to find a solution for my MiL to have Japanese TV available. I thought I had things in hand by getting an Android box and Uchi TV apk. We did the 1 month trial. She's not happy with it - only because she says the "shows" she wants aren't on it. She's trying to replicate the Dish Network/TV Japan content she used to have. To me, I see "NHK" on both of them and I cannot tell the difference.

Can someone enlighten me regarding the difference in programming between Uchi TV and TV Japan?
Might there be another Android TV apk that's maybe closer to the TV Japan content?

I'm wondering also if there is maybe something here related to the time-shifting of content and the shows she wants are on here late at night/morning. We've shown her the "replay" of Uchi TV and she says the content guide is wrong, the shows are not what the guides say should be on. I don't think she fully gets it honestly (she's computer illiterate and even the Android TV box was a challenge.)

Thanks in advance

K

supabakakun

Post by supabakakun » Nov 15th, '16, 22:15

Kenjiro wrote:Greetings all.

I'm trying to find a solution for my MiL to have Japanese TV available. I thought I had things in hand by getting an Android box and Uchi TV apk. We did the 1 month trial. She's not happy with it - only because she says the "shows" she wants aren't on it. She's trying to replicate the Dish Network/TV Japan content she used to have. To me, I see "NHK" on both of them and I cannot tell the difference.

Can someone enlighten me regarding the difference in programming between Uchi TV and TV Japan?
Might there be another Android TV apk that's maybe closer to the TV Japan content?

I'm wondering also if there is maybe something here related to the time-shifting of content and the shows she wants are on here late at night/morning. We've shown her the "replay" of Uchi TV and she says the content guide is wrong, the shows are not what the guides say should be on. I don't think she fully gets it honestly (she's computer illiterate and even the Android TV box was a challenge.)

Thanks in advance

K
TV Japan repackages the shows from NHK programming and the other stations, so she will need to look for the content spread across different channels. If she isn't familiar with what shows are available on the different Japanese stations, I can understand why she may be frustrated with it. Some of the shows on TV Japan can be delayed for months from the time they originally in Japan. It may be a good exercise to find out what programs your MiL was watching, and then find out what stations and times they are shown in Japan to help her find it. She may be confused by the channel guide time not matching her local time, so that may also be causing frustration for her.

djandy76

Post by djandy76 » Nov 17th, '16, 06:09

Hello. I'm thinking of going for an iSakura subscription, but wanted to know what the consensus was on the best Android box to get.

Japannettv sells it together with an X2, which seems to be the same as I already have (and in fact used to run the trial back in the day), but I remember audio-syncing problems, like delayed audio, and so wondered if that could be avoid by buying a different box, perhaps something with a bit more power.

Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks!

CSPhobos

Post by CSPhobos » Nov 18th, '16, 20:44

djandy76 wrote:Hello. I'm thinking of going for an iSakura subscription, but wanted to know what the consensus was on the best Android box to get.

Japannettv sells it together with an X2, which seems to be the same as I already have (and in fact used to run the trial back in the day), but I remember audio-syncing problems, like delayed audio, and so wondered if that could be avoid by buying a different box, perhaps something with a bit more power.

Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks!
I bought an MXQ Pro streaming box with an S905 cpu and it seems to work just fine (My remote's programming function doesn't work and airplay doesn't 100% work though). I don't know how good the X2 is.

iSakura just added Cartoon Network(So I was told... It's 海外アニメ? Overseas Anime=CN??) so I can finally have my favorite background noise again. :D
I'm waiting for the Black Friday 20% off to subscribe. My $80/yr app I'm using now lost CN and some channels keep stalling.
zanmat0 wrote:Anyone figured out how to get one of these runnning on multiple devices? I tried spoofing Device IDs and MAC addresses on Leapdroid emulator but to no avail. I just want to be able to watch on multiple devices, not simultaneously. Their restrictions are plain idiotic.

Also, still no fix for aspect ratio on Android 6.0?

Since I have such bad aspect ratio issues with Android, could I set it up on my windows machine and stream it to my tablet when I'm out?
I used to try the same, but stopped caring. I noticed that they save something in the temp/cache when you first run the app. I noticed it because when I cleared my cache, my app complained I didn't have a license, which turned out to be the case that I switched from WiFi to wired. The cache allowed it to run without re-validating my network interface.

unclemick

Post by unclemick » Nov 18th, '16, 20:55

zanmat0 wrote:Anyone figured out how to get one of these runnning on multiple devices? I tried spoofing Device IDs and MAC addresses on Leapdroid emulator but to no avail. I just want to be able to watch on multiple devices, not simultaneously. Their restrictions are plain idiotic.
https://twitter.com/ILoveJapaneseTV/sta ... 3040507904

supabakakun

Post by supabakakun » Nov 24th, '16, 14:29

Is anyone experiencing iSukara buffering during recorded playback lately. The quality still looks great, but I am trying to figure if it is just my internet connection.

FCNantes

Post by FCNantes » Nov 26th, '16, 17:06

supabakakun wrote:Is anyone experiencing iSukara buffering during recorded playback lately. The quality still looks great, but I am trying to figure if it is just my internet connection.
It also freezes frequently on some popular peak time live playback. I think they really need an upgrade on their side. :glare:

zorn69

Post by zorn69 » Nov 28th, '16, 03:06

hi i just joined what should i go for i id like some help :3

zorn69

Post by zorn69 » Nov 28th, '16, 03:54

Kurapika wrote:I too only have a PS4 and Apple TV and didn't want to purchase anything extra. I used Wireshark and and URL Snooper to get the urls, I think a lot of it was just down to luck. I'd happily share the playlist if I thought it wouldn't get sent around the whole web :lol

can i get a share please

mikao

Post by mikao » Nov 29th, '16, 21:03

FCNantes wrote:
supabakakun wrote:Is anyone experiencing iSukara buffering during recorded playback lately. The quality still looks great, but I am trying to figure if it is just my internet connection.
It also freezes frequently on some popular peak time live playback. I think they really need an upgrade on their side. :glare:
I hope that isakura will not become like ihome which froze very often because of the growing number of users ...
Hope that the service will keep her HD quality and his professional service :roll

unclemick

Post by unclemick » Nov 29th, '16, 21:23

I've been experiencing a lot of pixelization and even lost signal alerts particularly on Fuji TV One. Time of day doesn't seem to matter.

djandy76

Post by djandy76 » Dec 1st, '16, 09:12

Hello.

So, I finally bit the bullet and got iSakura Basic with a year's subscription.So far, no major problems to report other than the persistent audio delay on most channels I recall from the test I did about six months ago.

I'm running it on a standard Beelink X2 box which I believe uses Android 4.4 (which I understand is now considered a bit old). Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to set up the box so that it launches directly into iSakura.The idea behind this is to simplify the startup for my wife and young daughter. I'm sure there must be an app or two out there to handle this (unless it's possible from the standard Android Settings screen), but I've only managed to locate and install Startup Manager and even though I was able to add iSakura to the list of customised apps, upon rebooting the box it just went to the normal menu screen.

If anyone knows of a foolproof way of doing this, I'm all ears. Thanks!

mikao

Post by mikao » Dec 1st, '16, 12:43

djandy76 wrote:Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to set up the box so that it launches directly into iSakura.The idea behind this is to simplify the startup for my wife and young daughter. I'm sure there must be an app or two out there to handle this (unless it's possible from the standard Android Settings screen), but I've only managed to locate and install Startup Manager and even though I was able to add iSakura to the list of customised apps, upon rebooting the box it just went to the normal menu screen.

If anyone knows of a foolproof way of doing this, I'm all ears. Thanks!
See this, It's a bit long to start but it works :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTvVM9LgGlE

djandy76

Post by djandy76 » Dec 4th, '16, 16:08

Thanks, mikao. I'll taka a look.

In the meantime, has anyone heard anything regarding whether the iSakura providers are going to address the audio-sync issue? It seems to be present on most channels, and tends to get more pronounced the longer you watch. I assume it's related to the encoding of the source stream, but surely they should be able to do something, right?

If nobody else has already done so, I'll happily send a request to Jimmy at Japannettv asking if he can investigate.

zdzdz

Post by zdzdz » Dec 18th, '16, 19:18

What would you say for these iptv options?

UBOX3 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/UNBLOCK ... 4.2.YFcAwW

EAVPAD - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/EVPAD-I ... .54.HLlfsh

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-EV ... 4.9.4zqREa

It says 1000+ TV cahnnels. A lot of Japanese and Korean.
Has anyone tried these? Are there any subscriptions?
ImageImage

pato

Post by pato » Dec 27th, '16, 05:40

I have a hikari linux tv box for sale 50.00$ + shipping if ever someone is interested. It's in perfect condition. You can subscribed with japanettv for a year at:
https://japannettv.com/shop/index.php?r ... duct_id=62
Please send me message if ever your interested of for any questions.

risu

Post by risu » Dec 27th, '16, 17:16

Hi,

@iSakura users : i often have the green message saying the video will stop after 1 minute if no action.
The problem is it appears to often, sometimes every 10 minutes or so ... very annoying !
Eventually i miss to execute an action and i have to restart from the beginning :x

Anyone encountering the same problem ?

pato

Post by pato » Dec 27th, '16, 17:25

risu wrote:Hi,

@iSakura users : i often have the green message saying the video will stop after 1 minute if no action.
The problem is it appears to often, sometimes every 10 minutes or so ... very annoying !
Eventually i miss to execute an action and i have to restart from the beginning :x

I don't have that problem! You should ask japanettv about it.

Barnstormer68

Post by Barnstormer68 » Jan 1st, '17, 16:14

iSakura.
Just had a look at this for me wife and I must say its excellent. I'm quite geeky so getting stuff up and running is easy for me. This was probably as easy as I've ever had getting IP streaming up and running.
Equipment - Amazon FireTV v2 4k box running wired 1GB ethernet direct to BT Infinity 2 80/45 mbit/sec.

Currently the Amazon box is running latest version of Fire TV (64bit) and I sideloaded the iSakura apk straight onto it over the ethernet connection.
Worked straight away, entered activation code and that's it. Plays back flawlessly real time and recorded shows really quick to fast forward etc.

The whole experience is very slick and no crashes or freezes at all.
With the 7 day playback(which works perfectly) its a no brainer to subscribe to this. Picture is near HD and much better than SD.

Note: The Amazon Fire TV v2 4k box is probably the most powerful android box on the market. Makes for a great viewing. Didn't try the wireless option of connecting as wired ethernet is SO much better(speed & latency).

Can't fault it so far.

dision

Post by dision » Jan 7th, '17, 07:08

I have an unlocked EVPad Pro. The locked ones come with yearly subscriptions. The Japanese TV channels are quite limited. There's 46 live TV channels. No 7 days playback. You get the standard kanto & kansai TV channels and BS channels and the misc J Sports, Eiga, Gaora, MTV etc. Picture and sound quality is fair (720pish).
zdzdz wrote:What would you say for these iptv options?

UBOX3 - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/UNBLOCK ... 4.2.YFcAwW

EAVPAD - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/EVPAD-I ... .54.HLlfsh

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017-EV ... 4.9.4zqREa

It says 1000+ TV cahnnels. A lot of Japanese and Korean.
Has anyone tried these? Are there any subscriptions?
Last edited by dision on Jan 11th, '17, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.

aztv addict

Post by aztv addict » Jan 10th, '17, 04:59

Kurapika wrote:I too only have a PS4 and Apple TV and didn't want to purchase anything extra. I used Wireshark and and URL Snooper to get the urls, I think a lot of it was just down to luck. I'd happily share the playlist if I thought it wouldn't get sent around the whole web :lol
Hi Kurapika,

I got live Url extracted from the app but not working somehow using VLC.
Could you please send me the sample m3u list? so I get correct format for the feed.

Thank you

AZ

bitrate

Post by bitrate » Jan 12th, '17, 17:12

risu wrote:Hi,

I just bought isakura apk from http://www.isakura.stream ,and work very well on my rk3229 android box with OS 5.1 :D