Have a quesiton about watching Japanese TV from overseas? Ask here!

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
risu

Re: Comparing Options for Watching Japanese TV from Overseas

Post by risu » May 17th, '16, 06:40

I suppose you only have the live feeds ?

Please Buy From Amazon By Clicking Below To Help D-Addicts Forum:
Kurapika

Post by Kurapika » May 17th, '16, 08:13

I can access the 7-day playback directly also but it's mostly just guessing the date/time+channel and pointing it at the right server to get the file you want, I could make a script to guess filenames and make a playlist but not really worth it .

Slan

Post by Slan » May 17th, '16, 12:01

Can you guys help me out? I'm pretty lost between softwares, boxes and sets. :-)
What I want is to watch live Japanese channels on Win7 PC or on TV (not smart) through PC.
Previously I used jpplayer (last summer) but after the 3 days trial I was not able to sign up for more.
Monthly fee should not exceed 33 USD and I'd like at least the same (or better) video quality and same number of channels as jpplayer.
What would you guys recommend? :-)

risu

Post by risu » May 17th, '16, 12:40

I recommend JPHD : good quality + affordable :
https://japannettv.com/shop/index.php?r ... duct_id=85

yossarsc

Post by yossarsc » May 17th, '16, 12:45

Kurapika wrote:I too only have a PS4 and Apple TV and didn't want to purchase anything extra. I used Wireshark and and URL Snooper to get the urls, I think a lot of it was just down to luck. I'd happily share the playlist if I thought it wouldn't get sent around the whole web :lol
Yeah, I would keep it to yourself. What service are you using. I imagine the method would be similar on any of them, though.

Kurapika

Post by Kurapika » May 17th, '16, 17:04

yossarsc wrote:Yeah, I would keep it to yourself. What service are you using. I imagine the method would be similar on any of them, though.
I don't specifically want to say but so far I have tried 2 services and have gotten both of them to work. The methods however were totally different, one was very easy but the other had a lot of encryption and redirects in place. :-)

Procion

Post by Procion » May 17th, '16, 21:23

I would like to have more options on Apple devices. Most of them are only for Windows/Android/Web.
By the way does it matter which Android box to buy? Also, if I would like to record broadcast from it, I can only use external HDMI recorder, right? Is there any option to record programmatically?

baimax

Post by baimax » May 17th, '16, 21:24

Kurapika wrote: I don't specifically want to say but so far I have tried 2 services and have gotten both of them to work. The methods however were totally different, one was very easy but the other had a lot of encryption and redirects in place. :-)
Very cool. What happens to your login credentials when you do this? Or does it totally bypass login and retrieves the stream?

Kurapika

Post by Kurapika » May 17th, '16, 22:34

It uses a credential but as far as I know it is not tied to my account, only time will tell.

In other news a friend of mine set this up: https://jp.tzn.re/live/
It uses the Chinese IPTV urls that have been floating around for a while now, it is more of a pretty index page more than anything but thought I'd share it with you guys. More channels will be added later.

renarayne

Post by renarayne » May 18th, '16, 12:47

Procion wrote:I would like to have more options on Apple devices. Most of them are only for Windows/Android/Web.
By the way does it matter which Android box to buy? Also, if I would like to record broadcast from it, I can only use external HDMI recorder, right? Is there any option to record programmatically?
I guess there might be more of a barrier with the Apple platform in that it's a bit more closed-source.
As far as Android boxes, a number of quad core ones have been mentioned.
None of the apps/software have an in-built recording option unfortunately. If you use a Windows / Web service you can probably use a free software-based capture program like OBS though instead of something external. With an Android device, there are some capture apps, but I found them fiddly as far as recording both video and sound together, so external capture with a HDPVR was easier.

Slan

Post by Slan » May 18th, '16, 23:12

risu wrote:I recommend JPHD : good quality + affordable :
https://japannettv.com/shop/index.php?r ... duct_id=85
Thanks! I'll apply for a free trial on Friday. It seems perfect for my needs.

Ouiouibcn

Post by Ouiouibcn » May 20th, '16, 20:58

Kurapika wrote:
sbm888 wrote:excuse my ignorance - but what is that? I have no idea since I use android apps and none of them look like that...
I Bought one of the packs from Japannettv. I then snooped around the network a bit, dumped each channel into a single m3u playlist and then loaded it into VLC. That is what the screenshot above is.

I also loaded it onto my Apple TV 4 and it works perfectly. I am not constrained by android only apps (I did test it on my phone and it worked though :lol ) and didn't really want to invest in one of the android boxes.

Sorry for the crappy quality photos btw, the lighting/camera suck.

Hello kurapika
Can you tell me which package did you purchase from Japannettv ?

I was always thinking this system where based P2P IPTV so it was impossible to get the HTTP or RPTM stream address
I was also thinking it was MAC address locked (like apkintvbox). so in order to use it in other device (PC, tablette, appleTV..) we needed to trick the MAC address
in other case, how does they control you don't share your sub with others ? ?

If you were able to sniff the RTPM , HTTP or M3U8 address it is a good new.
Actually I was working currently to record Streams directly using ffmpeg . Since you can use crontab to program task, it is a easy to record a stream at a given time, given day. this way for instance, if I subscribe to the same kind of live stream service with a " non 7 days replay service", I can program to record "inaï inaï bah" in full HD on NHK-E for my 2 little daughters. then it is easy to transcode it a post it on server for later

Can you give me 1 exemple of RTPM address ?? (in private if you prefer) like NHK-E to test it ? I would like to test recording
I am 99.999999% sure it is NOT gonna work (of course, cause I don't have subscription) well, if I works will be very very surprised) but I want to see how it react.

Note that I also did create a long time ago a M3U playlist from several link (back in april 15) but now it is down. I used it on (ex XBMC) KODI PVR simple TV under raspberry or android box. it worked pretty well
I also tested Mythvtv backend. it works to scan iptv M3U playlist but I haven't been able to record channels neither to see them in the frontend

Regards,
ouioui

Ouiouibcn

Post by Ouiouibcn » May 20th, '16, 21:12

koonchu wrote:So me and my Japanese wife have been desperate to get back live Japanese TV.

So far, I've tried several alternatives.

WORLDTV (Android): Buffer problems, freezes, choppy, unwatchable.
JPHD (WIndows10): Buffer problems, freezes, choppy, unwatchable.
SKYLIVE (Android): Many channels don't work (Korean), streams sometime freeze, choppy.

I ran several tests on very good hardware and super-fast internet with no real success.

Out of all of them, Jimmy (from japannettv.com) said WorldTV was the most stable. As generous as he is trying to be, he doesn't offer a monthly plan for his most "stable" service. Whatever.

ihome was worth the money when it was up and running. That's the standard of quality for me. Everything else should be valued according to that service. All of these other solutions are disgustingly overpriced, especially considering the recent shutdowns. These services (as they are now) I'm willing to pay $10 a month MAXIMUM.

And just to remind everyone, it's possible to enjoy Japanese Netflix for about $12 a month (Netflix + VPN).

Hello koonchu
Well for me, NETFLIX and VPN does not work anymore since March
I was using smartdsnproxy @ 5 USD per months + 7 USD for NETFLIX sub
can you tell me if this is still working on your side (20th May 2016) and how's your VPN provider ?
I wanted to test HOLA VPN (free) but it has a VERY bad reputation (like re-selling you bandwidth and other using your ip to do illegal stuff...)

Regards
ouioui

adultswam

Post by adultswam » May 21st, '16, 03:06

Just joined to express my satisfaction over iSakura. Over the past few years I kept checking back on this thread and tried many of the services talked about on here, but iSakura is the first one that has wowed me. The quality is fantastic, the interface is intuitive and the features like 7 day playback are a godsend.

I've also noticed the audio desync issues and the recorded shows starting a little bit late, so I'll be emailing Jimmy about it. I think if he gets emails from more than a few of us regarding this, he'll be more pressed to get them fixed, so if you're a paying subscriber don't just read about it on here like I would do, go ahead and send an email!

kasukabe

Post by kasukabe » May 24th, '16, 17:31

Yes, iSakura is great. But found one bug on that app.
Sometimes, when I change the channel, app is hanging for a minute or two.
Has anyone same problem?

moshimoshipuusan

Post by moshimoshipuusan » May 24th, '16, 17:32

Hello. Does anyone know if any of the services work with Google Chromecast or any other screen casting app/device? I would watch on a laptop or tablet most of the time but it would be nice to be able to easily watch stuff on the big screen without having to leave the device near the TV and plugging stuff in each time.
Thanks.

Ouiouibcn

Post by Ouiouibcn » May 24th, '16, 23:39

Hello all
Can anyone knows how to get the url stream of
https://jp.tzn.re/live/nhke.html

the media is something like
http://203.162.76.92:5021/live/310%7Cc0 ... 4132907148

decoded it looks like that
http://203.162.76.92:5021/live/310|c03? ... 4132907148

where 1464132907xxx is my system time (UNIX time)

I would like to program a recording using ffmpeg to record kids program

thank
ouioui

sbm888

Post by sbm888 » May 25th, '16, 01:06

kasukabe wrote:Yes, iSakura is great. But found one bug on that app.
Sometimes, when I change the channel, app is hanging for a minute or two.
Has anyone same problem?
yea, same here, I think it's just buffering?

also - using on my tablets, even if the app is closed, and removed from running apps, the power consumption is crazy. there's a bug in the app for android power consumption.

my tablet usually lasts a week on standby, now it lasts 5 hrs only.

kasukabe

Post by kasukabe » May 26th, '16, 00:10

I don't think it is buffering. There is no rotating iSakura-Logo while it is hanging. If changing the channel, you can see this logo.

I'm using iSakura on a Android TV Box, so no information about power consumption. But I think it loads the network, even if the app is closed. Can anyone confirm that?

kasukabe

Post by kasukabe » Jun 7th, '16, 21:46

No one noticed it?
iSakura just added new channels: AT-X, Music Japan TV, Ni-Tere G+ and Music On! TV
Nice! :D

risu

Post by risu » Jun 8th, '16, 07:05

kasukabe wrote:No one noticed it?
We just follow that : https://twitter.com/ILoveJapaneseTV and we know ;)

kasukabe

Post by kasukabe » Jun 10th, '16, 16:18

Ok, I missed it ;-)
But now, there is no sound on Tokyo MX using iSakura?
Anyone same problem?

renarayne

Post by renarayne » Jun 10th, '16, 23:36

I'm using an M8 box I got off Amazon a year ago and it was fine with Uchi, but with iSakura it seems there's issues because apparently the MAC Address on my box changes (and a fixed number is needed for authorization). I dunno why it changes, JapanNetTV says it might be because some manufacturers/factories use virtual MAC addresses on M8 boxes. I looked at some MAC Address apps but they were either temporary or required manual root-based coding that could brick the box, I'm a noob at Android OS.

Any way I can fix this without buying a new box?
And if not what would be a safe bet to buy to avoid this issue? :cry:

Graben

Post by Graben » Jun 11th, '16, 06:26

I saw that isakura is being updated to version 7. How exactly do we go about updating? I have version 6 installed now.

renarayne

Post by renarayne » Jun 11th, '16, 11:55

Update to above: I've found out that the M8 box itself isn't changing MAC Address, the 12 digit number that looks like 0a:0a:0a:0a:0a:0a etc. and my router sees the same thing, but what iSakura sees is a 16 digit number that looks like 00a0sdh034beh3h3 and that is what changes every reboot.

I'm clueless about MAC Addresses, any idea how it gets 16 numbers and how I can stop those changing? :blink

kdjtachi65

Post by kdjtachi65 » Jun 11th, '16, 16:51

renarayne wrote:Update to above: I've found out that the M8 box itself isn't changing MAC Address, the 12 digit number that looks like 0a:0a:0a:0a:0a:0a etc. and my router sees the same thing, but what iSakura sees is a 16 digit number that looks like 00a0sdh034beh3h3 and that is what changes every reboot.
You know, that looks alot like an IPV6 EUI-64-bit address. Does your android box have both ethernet and wi-fi access to your router? You might be connecting to your IPTV provider over an interface you weren't planning to.

renarayne

Post by renarayne » Jun 11th, '16, 19:17

Thanks for checking.

It can connect via either WiFi or Ethernet but when I tick one or the other in MediaBox the other gets unticked / disabled. I tried switching to WiFi after a factory reset today but it didn't connect very well so I went back to Ethernet. With Ethernet on it says "Turn Wi-Fi on to see networks" and the Wi-Fi MAC Address says "Disabled."

Is the 16 digit IPV6 EUI-64-bit something that shouldn't be happening? Does iSakura show a 12 digit MAC Address for you? (when you press the head icon top right for profile / settings info)

kdjtachi65

Post by kdjtachi65 » Jun 11th, '16, 20:58

renarayne wrote:It can connect via either WiFi or Ethernet but when I tick one or the other in MediaBox the other gets unticked / disabled. I tried switching to WiFi after a factory reset today but it didn't connect very well so I went back to Ethernet. With Ethernet on it says "Turn Wi-Fi on to see networks" and the Wi-Fi MAC Address says "Disabled."
This can get a little complicated, so bear with me. Your MediaBox Settings screen should have an "Other" button on the far right. If so, click it. Your machine's model number and android version should now be listed. Make a note of that info.

You should now see two buttons to the right, "System Update" and "More Settings". Click the "More Settings" button. The box's actual android settings screen should now appear. Click the "Ethernet" option. Make a note of your Ethernet MAC address. Click on "Ethernet configuration" and record your connection type and IP address.

Exit all the way back out to your main screen and fire up iSakura. Open the User Info screen and make a note of the 16-digit Mac address and version number.

Send me a private message with the information you recorded:
Machine model number
Android version
Ethernet Mac address
Connection type
IP address
Mac address reported by iSakura
iSakura version.

I know it's alot of info, but it will help narrow down exactly what's happening.
Is the 16 digit IPV6 EUI-64-bit something that shouldn't be happening? Does iSakura show a 12 digit MAC Address for you? (when you press the head icon top right for profile / settings info)
From what I've seen, iSakura is supposed to return a 64-bit (16-digit) address. How it determines that address is the issue you're running into.

As for me, I'm still happily chugging along with my WorldTV subscription, which expires in about 2 months. I have been hearing good things about iSakura, so I probably should go ahead and grab a 3-day test account.

Jonukas

Post by Jonukas » Jun 12th, '16, 01:15

Does anyone know if it's possible to somehow save a TV show from iSakura so I can watch it later after the 7 day playback window has expired?

poki

Post by poki » Jun 12th, '16, 03:11

Jonukas wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to somehow save a TV show from iSakura so I can watch it later after the 7 day playback window has expired?
I was wondering the same thing. I am looking at getting an android box with sakura from Japan Net TV and was wondering if there was anyway of downloading the saved recorded files via network connection or usb and load on a Mac computer....

thanks for any info or other options.

renarayne

Post by renarayne » Jun 12th, '16, 08:27

@kdjtachi65: Thank you so much, PM sent.
Jonukas wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to somehow save a TV show from iSakura so I can watch it later after the 7 day playback window has expired?
I don't think any of the options for watching Japanese TV directly offer that, but you can use video capture to create your own backup. I use a Hauppauge HDPVR2 to capture stuff.

supabakakun

Post by supabakakun » Jun 12th, '16, 13:32

Graben wrote:I saw that isakura is being updated to version 7. How exactly do we go about updating? I have version 6 installed now.
It will automatically update when the update is available. The update usually occurs when the application starts up.

supabakakun

Post by supabakakun » Jun 12th, '16, 13:38

I am curious if anyone is using New Home lately. Now with the price reduction, I am considering getting it as a backup service. I love iSakura, but the frequent sound missing on random channels has me concerned that I may miss a favorite show. The missing sound used to be limited to the BS channels, but now appear to be occurring on the OTA channels more frequently. Jimmy must be tired of me, because I frequently email him to alert him of the latest channel running in sound issues. It seems everyday there is a channel that is missing sound. I am curious how New Home service is stacking up. I am guessing they are don't have as many customers, because of the recent price reduction.

kdjtachi65

Post by kdjtachi65 » Jun 12th, '16, 17:26

renarayne wrote:Any way I can fix this without buying a new box?
And if not what would be a safe bet to buy to avoid this issue? :cry:
A new MXQ box will run you about $40USD, if you need one. And I think you might.

Question for iSakura app users with Android TV boxes: If you're using your ethernet connection, which model/brand TV box do you have?

Something has me suspecting iSakura might be trying to query your wireless MAC address, but since it's disabled, it might be generating a random identifier. Could you enable Wi-fi and:
1. reboot TV box
2. Confirm Wi-fi enabled
3. start iSakura and record MAC address listed on User Info screen

Repeat from step 1.

I'd be interested in seeing if it displays the same address over wi-fi between reboots.

warpotato

Post by warpotato » Jun 17th, '16, 18:42

So how many of you tried New Home? It's the one with the 7 day replay that will not stop at the end of a time block? That's one of the features I dearly miss about iHome.

I did JPHD for a month, but I'd really rather run a box, and most importantly have that replay that doesn't stop. What is the recommended box to use?

kdjtachi65

Post by kdjtachi65 » Jun 17th, '16, 21:19

renarayne wrote: Is the 16 digit IPV6 EUI-64-bit something that shouldn't be happening? Does iSakura show a 12 digit MAC Address for you? (when you press the head icon top right for profile / settings info)
Okay, I just signed up for the 3-day test and installed iSakura (version 6). The email I received with the activation code included the following:
iSakura verifies account with CPU ID+ Ethernet MAC+ WIFI MAC.
If your device's MAC changes, iSakura would not work after reboot. Please check it.
So it is a known issue.

I ran iSakura once without any problems and noted the 16-digit "MAC Address" it reported. I then rebooted and, gosh! The "MAC address" changed (by one digit) and I couldn't use the app! I then rebooted, turned Wi-fi on and restarted iSakura. Working again! I'll do a little more tinkering to confirm what I think is happening, but I'm pretty sure the Wi-fi MAC address is the culprit.

There's supposed to be a simple android KitKat hack that forces the wlan0 MAC address to whatever value you want. I'll try to find it.

kasukabe

Post by kasukabe » Jun 17th, '16, 21:41

iSakura is gone here.
It's repeating the programming of 06:26 JST everytime. Anyone else?

renarayne

Post by renarayne » Jun 18th, '16, 03:27

kdjtachi65 wrote:The email I received with the activation code included the following:
iSakura verifies account with CPU ID+ Ethernet MAC+ WIFI MAC.
If your device's MAC changes, iSakura would not work after reboot. Please check it.
So it is a known issue.
Haha, I see. My April 2016 3 Day trial activation code email didn't mention about MAC address so I guess people like me alerted them to it. I'm glad it will give a heads up to future users. :lol

Thanks for trying it out. Sorry, I haven't had chance to try Wi-Fi again yet. But yeah it would be nice to just get a fixed Ethernet MAC address somehow, since I feel Wi-Fi is gonna be more variable stability-wise. I was looking at some options for that but wasn't sure how to go about it in a safe way without the risk of bricking the box. :-( Also a lot of them talk about changing the 12 digit MAC Address but that's not what's changing for me, the 12 digit Ethernet MAC is always the same in the Android Network Status, it's the 16 digit MAC showing in iSakura that changes... :cry:

By the way what type of box do you have? JapanNetTV said so far all Beelink X2 works and that they heard some M8s produced in multiple factories may have "virtual MAC" addresses. Mine's an M8 box, I wonder what's different if anything.

kdjtachi65

Post by kdjtachi65 » Jun 18th, '16, 14:41

renarayne wrote:By the way what type of box do you have? JapanNetTV said so far all Beelink X2 works and that they heard some M8s produced in multiple factories may have "virtual MAC" addresses. Mine's an M8 box, I wonder what's different if anything.
Sent you a PM with more info

MisoraHibari

Post by MisoraHibari » Jun 20th, '16, 09:12

I have the same problem with my box too (Ubox I one i 828) I can't connect anymore to I SAKURA from yesterday because of Mac Adress change. I think they will lost a lot of customers with this issue.
I asked Jimmy for a refund and go back to New Ihome...

renarayne

Post by renarayne » Jun 21st, '16, 00:36

MisoraHibari wrote:I have the same problem with my box too (Ubox I one i 828) I can't connect anymore to I SAKURA from yesterday because of Mac Adress change. I think they will lost a lot of customers with this issue.
I asked Jimmy for a refund and go back to New Ihome...
It's weird because nothing actually changes on my box according to my Android box settings. The Wi-Fi MAC, Ethernet MAC, Device ID, IMEI, and all that other jazz stay exactly the same. It's just iSakura that changes each time the box is restarted...

Main attraction for iSakura for me is just picture quality, especially during motion. Though I've mainly used Uchi (now Blue IPTV) which I think is maybe the worst for that. Uchi vs iSakura:
Uchi

iSakura

Uchi

iSakura

Uchi

iSakura
How does New Home fare with that? On the example video on JapanNetTV it looks like face detail gets destroyed during motion, but maybe it's just not a good example.
Though what I preferred about Uchi compared to iSakura was how recording start times are a bit before the program, and the next recording repeats the end of the previous recording, allowing time for the menus to hide before it continues where things left off. iSakura always started a little into the program and didn't have any repetition I think to allow time for menus to go away. iSakura (first) vs Uchi (second) program start. On contacting them they've stated they're not focused on the playback recordings side so are unlikely to change such things. :-(

kdjtachi65

Post by kdjtachi65 » Jun 22nd, '16, 18:21

renarayne wrote:Though what I preferred about Uchi compared to iSakura was how recording start times are a bit before the program, and the next recording repeats the end of the previous recording, allowing time for the menus to hide before it continues where things left off.
WorldTV recordings start two minutes early. The recent update's picture quality is a noticeable improvement, so you might consider coughing up $3USD for a three-day test account. Japannettv claims to still be processing new accounts (though not as quickly) during their holiday.

renarayne

Post by renarayne » Jun 23rd, '16, 00:03

kdjtachi65 wrote:WorldTV recordings start two minutes early. The recent update's picture quality is a noticeable improvement, so you might consider coughing up $3USD for a three-day test account.
Thanks, I'll give it a look. It's a plus it has NHK Osaka, though 99% of the time I don't need it, there was that 1% where I did once XD

MisoraHibari

Post by MisoraHibari » Jun 23rd, '16, 13:31

Hello everybody. Finally I canceled my ISakura subscription because of the MAC address changing issue.. :-(
I asked the reseller of my U box Tv box, gearbest com for firmware update, unfortunatly I couldn't access the update links they sent to me (that was some files on Pan Baidu account but there was no way to download it because Baidu cloud access can get only by phone number from Inside China now :O ) Finally they give me a refund on my Gearbest wallet and I'm thinking to purchase other Tvbox - with static MAC Adress - to get my I Sakura back later. Does anyone know if this beelink X2 TV box on http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/ ... html?wid=3 is the same box that japannettv X2 TV box is selling?
Do you think it will be ok for running I sakura?

mikao

Post by mikao » Jun 23rd, '16, 20:53

MisoraHibari wrote: Does anyone know if this beelink X2 TV box on http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/ ... html?wid=3 is the same box that japannettv X2 TV box is selling?
I use i-sakura since 2 months with X2 box purchased on aliexpress and I have no problem with mac address :P .
For information I bought this:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Genuine- ... 06563.html

I think that all x2 box are the same.

Hoggens

Post by Hoggens » Jun 30th, '16, 08:50

Hi guys ! iSakura has been acting very weird for me the last days,how about you for example Gaora and G+.G+ is having at least 1 or 2 1-3 minutes of green or black screen also. right now channels are running 10-30 second and then freezez.
I would appriciate if someone has similar problems tell me. I know he has vacation but still.

FCNantes

Post by FCNantes » Jun 30th, '16, 09:05

Hoggens wrote:Hi guys ! iSakura has been acting very weird for me the last days,how about you for example Gaora and G+.G+ is having at least 1 or 2 1-3 minutes of green or black screen also. right now channels are running 10-30 second and then freezez.
I would appriciate if someone has similar problems tell me. I know he has vacation but still.
I have similar problem with iSakura too using X2 box.
During the live playback, there would be some skips with green edges. Sometimes it freezes forever. Need to change channels back and forth to get it back.
During the recording playback. It can stop in the middle and skip to the beginning or freeze if I lot of fast/back forward have been done.
Now, as you mentioned, the live channels freeze at JST 4:01pm.
There is a plenty of room for improvement although some part of it may due to my network problem.

pato

Post by pato » Jun 30th, '16, 16:32

FCNantes wrote:
Hoggens wrote:Hi guys ! iSakura has been acting very weird for me the last days,how about you for example Gaora and G+.G+ is having at least 1 or 2 1-3 minutes of green or black screen also. right now channels are running 10-30 second and then freezez.
I have similar problem with iSakura too using X2 box.
During the live playback, there would be some skips with green edges. Sometimes it freezes forever. Need to change channels back and forth to get it back.
During the recording playback. It can stop in the middle and skip to the beginning or freeze if I lot of fast/back forward have been done.
Now, as you mentioned, the live channels freeze at JST 4:01pm.
There is a plenty of room for improvement although some part of it may due to my network problem.
Isakura as been acting weird for me also on my Android Sony TV lately. It freeze quite often. I report to JapanNet TV few times and ask him if he got report from other users but he said no. It's starting to get on my nerves to be honest. I was wondering if I was the only one but I guess not. I'm sure it's not my internet since I test on my pc and iPhone and also youtube via my Android Sony TV when that happens and I don't get that problems.

ronnyt

Post by ronnyt » Jul 1st, '16, 00:58

same problem here with isakura freezing. probably have to wait until the staff returns after july 1st

Hoggens

Post by Hoggens » Jul 1st, '16, 04:53

Thanks for the info guys. Yesterday they had server problems. He contacted me and i told him about these problems with freezing and green screens,he told me he would get back to me 2 of july. The green screens and freezing is not your internert,ihave 250mb download speed and 100 in upload and it freezez for me to.The best thing to do is contact himabout these issues the more the better.I also sa iSakura has added a few channels,if they cant handle the 64 they have dont add more. It worked better in the begining,i chose iSakura beacuse the qulity in the picture,ive had plenty if services,but iSakura is the best. Thanks guys for telling me about your issues.

risu

Post by risu » Jul 1st, '16, 09:31

I really hope things will be back to normal from July 2nd with Japan Net TV.
I recently subscribed for one year of iSakura service and, despite of support i received, it doesn't work :-(

kasukabe

Post by kasukabe » Jul 2nd, '16, 00:27

Ok, this time i didn't found any Information on JapanNetTV's Twitter account... because, iSakura added 3 new channels. Now it is a total of 67 Channels.
Sky A, TBS News Bird and Tabi Channel.

Hoggens

Post by Hoggens » Jul 2nd, '16, 07:04

They know about the problems and will change recievers. Its gotten better since he came back from vacation.
Hope its working better for you to.

FCNantes

Post by FCNantes » Jul 2nd, '16, 07:35

Hoggens wrote:They know about the problems and will change recievers. Its gotten better since he came back from vacation.
It is still freezing in both live and replay program now.
Hope they can upgrade their server soon.

pato

Post by pato » Jul 2nd, '16, 22:42

FCNantes wrote:
Hoggens wrote:They know about the problems and will change recievers. Its gotten better since he came back from vacation.
It is still freezing in both live and replay program now.
Hope they can upgrade their server soon.
Same for me, I still get freezing problems. I really hope they will fixed the problems soon.

djandy76

Post by djandy76 » Jul 3rd, '16, 08:31

I'm very close to going for a year's subscription for iSakura, but the recent talk of MAC-address-related problems on certain Android boxes is making me a bit worried I might run into the same trouble.

I have an M8S, running Android 4.4, and so far everything I've thrown at it works properly (both over wi-fi and ethernet). Furthermore, I tried the iSakura trial when it was first introduced, and didn't have any trouble, is this a good indication my box might be okay?

Anyway, if anyone is running the same box and using iSakura without any trouble, I'd be great to hear from you and put my fears at rest.

Cheers!

EDIT: Just received a new trial from Japannettv, and the results were not good... Initial launch was flawless, but after rebooting my M8S, iSakura refused to work and just gave me an "unknown-user" error repeatedly. I checked the MAC address of the box via my router, and it doesn't appear to have changed for either wi-fi or ethernet.

renarayne

Post by renarayne » Jul 3rd, '16, 22:37

djandy76 wrote:Furthermore, I tried the iSakura trial when it was first introduced, and didn't have any trouble, is this a good indication my box might be okay?
Unfortunately, as you found, the MAC Address thing seems to have been a later addition. I think it was working OK for me too at first, even paid for a year's subscription, but had to get that refunded when the MAC Address stuff made iSakura incompatible with my M8 box.
EDIT: Just received a new trial from Japannettv, and the results were not good... Initial launch was flawless, but after rebooting my M8S, iSakura refused to work and just gave me an "unknown-user" error repeatedly. I checked the MAC address of the box via my router, and it doesn't appear to have changed for either wi-fi or ethernet.
I couldn't make sense of it either. I did a lot of testing and both my router and the box itself showed no MAC Address changes on all fronts... Only iSakura kept changing. :unsure:

I also like to try and record programs using a HDPVR and iSakura's playback system is awkward for that (menus popping up over the program and starting late). However iSakura has really good picture quality... :-(

I just trialed New Home as I needed to record something from Sun TV and it seems like it has similar issues to Uchi (Blue IPTV) when there's a lot of motion (fuzzy/pixelated), but with lower resolution (New Home 720p, Uchi/Blue 1080p). Haven't had a good try of the WorldTV mentioned above yet.

risu

Post by risu » Jul 4th, '16, 07:03

Reading your comments, i see i'm not the only one who had troubles with iSakura.

I did the trial without problem.
When i paid for one year, it didn't work at all. The provider said there was nothing on his side. I checked my MAC address = it doesn't change.
I uninstall the apk = i lost my user ID and no window was coming to ask me it :scratch:
I did 2 factory reset = nothing.

The last thing i tried is using another ISP (my mobile's one) = it worked !
I had the authentication window appearing and i could see the channels.
Then, i switched back to my home ISP and everything worked. :scratch:

My ISP is known to be quite permissive so i doubt it was blocking anything.
I suspect the iSakura authentication server to be faulty. It would explain many things here.

@french users :
Je suis chez Free

Edit : I just saw a iSakura V7 will be available this month. Maybe it'll work better.

MisoraHibari

Post by MisoraHibari » Jul 4th, '16, 12:00

mikao wrote:
MisoraHibari wrote: Does anyone know if this beelink X2 TV box on http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/ ... html?wid=3 is the same box that japannettv X2 TV box is selling?
I use i-sakura since 2 months with X2 box purchased on aliexpress and I have no problem with mac address :P .
For information I bought this:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Genuine- ... 06563.html

I think that all x2 box are the same.
Thank you. I received my new X2 box last friday. I Sakura works perfectly now! I get back my 1 year subscription.

DonnieNarco

Post by DonnieNarco » Jul 6th, '16, 15:55

Hello Everyone, I just got finished reading through the majority of these posts in this thread (took a couple hours!!) and I saw a few people asking about using iSakura on an Amazon Fire TV (Android based), but I don't believe anyone responded to these users.
I am wondering the same thing, because I just purchased a Fire TV and want to try out iSakura on it. I am curious if it works, and whether or not I absolutely need to be rooted to make it work (some users saying picture slightly off center or other issues on non-rooted devices).
I also would like to know if anyone on a Fire TV is experiencing the MAC changes that users were recently reporting with iSakura.

Thank you for any replies to these questions, I am excited to try it, but I am still hesitant until I know this works.

pato

Post by pato » Jul 7th, '16, 00:40

Still i get freezing issues with isakura and i'm really getting tired now. Is there anyone else still having issues?

DonnieNarco

Post by DonnieNarco » Jul 7th, '16, 01:28

I just got my Amazon Fire TV and loaded the iSakura APK and tried it out with the 3 day trial. So far I love it and the quality is really amazing. I even tried rebooting the Fire TV to see if it changes its MAC and prohibited me from logging in, but it didn't so I'm impressed. I did get a few short freezing issues, but nothing I couldn't handle. I'll try it out for the next 3 days and see what happens and report back.

sbm888

Post by sbm888 » Jul 7th, '16, 03:58

i don't get any freezing, just sometimes not loading, but requiring a restart, or selecting another program and reselecting, etc

however, what I'm a bit worried is the amount of data it uses - as my wife is watching, I can't seem to do much else on our network.
does anyone know roughly how much bandwidth is used by iSakura? it seems like it's only 3gb for about 2 hours worth - which isn't much, but it just seem to take up my whole internet.

can't game anymore when she watches!. :(

DonnieNarco

Post by DonnieNarco » Jul 7th, '16, 04:09

Wow, I'm not sure about that, but it would be good to run a Wire shark capture or something to determine how much bandwidth it's really using.

FCNantes

Post by FCNantes » Jul 7th, '16, 07:57

pato wrote:Still i get freezing issues with isakura and i'm really getting tired now. Is there anyone else still having issues?
I am also tired now. Every time it freezes I was tempted to change back to original device (I am using X2 now).
Before I was using tp-link wdr4300 router I encounter some frequent long freeze, now I have changed to asus ac-68u and I found some rare short freeze, replay has no problem though.
Last edited by FCNantes on Jul 7th, '16, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.

risu

Post by risu » Jul 7th, '16, 09:51

I also got some freezes and video not starting but hopefully, it's rare.
What pisses me off is that i can't reach the authentication server and the replay list is not updated.
I found the ip address of this server, i did a ping test on it with my DSL line => timeout.
I asked friends to do the same ping test with better DSL line and even a FTTH 500mbits/s line => timeout.
The ping test is only successful with my mobile phone connection :blink

According do Japan Net TV, my ISP (actually all french ISPs) is blocking the IP, i should use a VPN :-(

mikao

Post by mikao » Jul 10th, '16, 17:18

risu wrote: What pisses me off is that i can't reach the authentication server and the replay list is not updated.
I found the ip address of this server, i did a ping test on it with my DSL line => timeout.
I asked friends to do the same ping test with better DSL line and even a FTTH 500mbits/s line => timeout.
The ping test is only successful with my mobile phone connection :blink

According do Japan Net TV, my ISP (actually all french ISPs) is blocking the IP, i should use a VPN :-(
i use vpn now and all is back to normal !
:cheers:

risu

Post by risu » Jul 11th, '16, 07:00

mikao wrote:i use vpn now and all is back to normal !
:cheers:
It doesn't slow down your connection ?

mikao

Post by mikao » Jul 11th, '16, 11:12

risu wrote:It doesn't slow down your connection ?
yes I feel that the connection slows down a bit so I only use it when I need it to update the replay.
I hope this problem will be fixed with the new v7 of isakura :unsure:

statrosa

Post by statrosa » Jul 13th, '16, 11:08

For those interested, I got Isakura running on my Microsoft Surface Pro 4, by using the AMIDuOS (virtual android on Windows).
It takes the MAC address of the Surface itself.

It runs well, also in full screen.
Due to AMIDuOS not being optimized for Surface Pro 4, you can have issues with too much process consumption, which will lead to the fan running like crazy, but I just turn the volume up so I don't hear it. By the way the fan noise comes and goes, so not always an issue.

You have to lower the resolution on Android, te get the app to run perfectly (PM me if you want to know how).
One final thing, the touchscreen works, but is not perfect. Changing channels and programs is no issue, but scrolling up or down does not work with touch, you will have to use a mouse or keyboard for that.

Hope this was interesting to someone.

funnysunny

Post by funnysunny » Jul 15th, '16, 13:27

I suppose feeds is steel alive ?

djandy76

Post by djandy76 » Jul 16th, '16, 09:33

So I got myself a new Android box (X2), and the iSakura trial now seems to work properly, even after I turn the box off and on again. The picture quality is still the most impressive of the services I've tried, but the audio seems to be slightly out of sync (a split-second behind the video). Is this an unfortunate aspect of the iSakura service, or a bug that needs reporting?

I tried messing around with the settings of my box, but nothing seemed to have any effect on the audio inside the iSakura app.

kdjtachi65

Post by kdjtachi65 » Jul 17th, '16, 00:51

djandy76 wrote:I tried messing around with the settings of my box, but nothing seemed to have any effect on the audio inside the iSakura app.
You could adjust the audio delay/lip sync option on your TV's settings menu if all else fails.

risu

Post by risu » Jul 18th, '16, 07:18

djandy76 wrote:Is this an unfortunate aspect of the iSakura service, or a bug that needs reporting?
Same happened with iHome. I guess nothing can be done on provider's side.
Maybe, on client side, we could delay the video to sync with the audio.

baggins_oz

Post by baggins_oz » Jul 21st, '16, 08:40

Just signed up to post a positive review of iSakura.
Thanks to this forum we found iSakura and I just wanted to add my voice to the reviews.
We are really happy with the results, the picture and sound quality is excellent.

We were looking for something to replace Maige, and this has been great. (And no need to buy another box!) We are running it through a Galaxy Tab2, and can Google Cast to the TV when we want the big screen. Although when casting it, there is a delay between audio and video...but not all the time.

Hajime and JapanNetTV have been excellent with support and provided prompt and helpful advice - like when the Android OS updated and changed the MAC address.