Have a question about watching Japanese TV from overseas? Ask here!

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
pc323

Post by pc323 » Jul 5th, '13, 12:49

rtcll wrote:you can watch some live japanese tv show on this channel the bradcaster broadcasting shows everyday
http://ja.justin.tv/team_a_annin#/w/6058356832
sub channel http://ja.justin.tv/honmayan?publisher_ ... 2339550912
This channel usually broadcasts the programme which AKB48 members are included in. :P

aki0805

Post by aki0805 » Jul 8th, '13, 10:40

I'm also curious about the Slingbox option and also a newbie on this. So for the Japanese Slingbox Rental, I wasn't quite sure about the setup. For this to work, do you need to purchased a SlingBox (hardware) to run this first or is it just a software that you can just run from your PC?? How many total channels do you receive from them? It was mentioned that Dtv channels are at 480i, is the quality still decent? Would there be a picture (i.e.screenshot0 of how this looks like? For those that are using this service, have you experienced any service downtime or its been pretty stable??

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Jul 8th, '13, 11:46

aki0805 wrote:I'm also curious about the Slingbox option and also a newbie on this. So for the Japanese Slingbox Rental, I wasn't quite sure about the setup. For this to work, do you need to purchased a SlingBox (hardware) to run this first or is it just a software that you can just run from your PC?? How many total channels do you receive from them? It was mentioned that Dtv channels are at 480i, is the quality still decent? Would there be a picture (i.e.screenshot0 of how this looks like? For those that are using this service, have you experienced any service downtime or its been pretty stable??
You don't need to buy the Slingbox, you just install the slingplayer software (browserplugin for the newer models/if you prefer it with the older models).

Total channels? That's a tough one. First of all you get all the BS/CS sattelite channels there are, including the paytv channels if you want them. That's about 90-100 Channels. But that's actually not all there is: If you ask them nicely and choose the $100 plan that includes the paytv channels (and you get a sat-reciever that supports more than one Tuner) you can also have all the SkyperfecTV channels aswell. That brings the total number of channels to something closer to 250(probably more) i guess. However there's channels on SkyperfecTV that are also on BS/CS. For example the CS 333 AT-X Channel on BS/CS is 480i. On Skyperfect you'll recieve AT-X HD! (Ch 667) in 1080i.

As for the quality of the 480i Dtv channels: http://imageshack.us/f/189/fzlv.jpg/
You should note however that this screenshot is streched to 720p, and that i'm connecting to the Slingbox from Germany, 8000KM away from Taiwan where the Reciever sits, so i'm not getting the best possible quality here. If you're closer to Japan/Taiwan you'll get much better quality.

I'm using this service for some months now, and there hasn't been a single downtime.

Edit: You can actually check the Quality for yourself, just ask for a free trial.

aki0805

Post by aki0805 » Jul 9th, '13, 11:04

guroneko wrote:
aki0805 wrote:I'm also curious about the Slingbox option and also a newbie on this. So for the Japanese Slingbox Rental, I wasn't quite sure about the setup. For this to work, do you need to purchased a SlingBox (hardware) to run this first or is it just a software that you can just run from your PC?? How many total channels do you receive from them? It was mentioned that Dtv channels are at 480i, is the quality still decent? Would there be a picture (i.e.screenshot0 of how this looks like? For those that are using this service, have you experienced any service downtime or its been pretty stable??
You don't need to buy the Slingbox, you just install the slingplayer software (browserplugin for the newer models/if you prefer it with the older models).

Total channels? That's a tough one. First of all you get all the BS/CS sattelite channels there are, including the paytv channels if you want them. That's about 90-100 Channels. But that's actually not all there is: If you ask them nicely and choose the $100 plan that includes the paytv channels (and you get a sat-reciever that supports more than one Tuner) you can also have all the SkyperfecTV channels aswell. That brings the total number of channels to something closer to 250(probably more) i guess. However there's channels on SkyperfecTV that are also on BS/CS. For example the CS 333 AT-X Channel on BS/CS is 480i. On Skyperfect you'll recieve AT-X HD! (Ch 667) in 1080i.

As for the quality of the 480i Dtv channels: http://imageshack.us/f/189/fzlv.jpg/
You should note however that this screenshot is streched to 720p, and that i'm connecting to the Slingbox from Germany, 8000KM away from Taiwan where the Reciever sits, so i'm not getting the best possible quality here. If you're closer to Japan/Taiwan you'll get much better quality.

I'm using this service for some months now, and there hasn't been a single downtime.

Edit: You can actually check the Quality for yourself, just ask for a free trial.

Thanks so much gurenko for promptly answering my questions! And also your screenshot. I have a few questions with regards to recording from the Slingbox Rental that I hope you can also help reply too.

Would you know what Slingbox model is used by Japanese Slingbox Rental? If not, how can I find out? It was mentioned before if its on Slingbox 300 or 500 we need to find the userpassword, is this right? Would I need find this out first?

From reading the info from the previous pages, the way to record and save to PC is using perl script . Is there anyway to pre-program recording of different tv channels at different broadcast time in advance? if so, how can this be done?

Also, is there an option to pre-program more than one channel to record at the same time in advance? if so, how can this be done or it is only one channel each time?

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Jul 9th, '13, 12:40

aki0805 wrote: Thanks so much gurenko for promptly answering my questions! And also your screenshot. I have a few questions with regards to recording from the Slingbox Rental that I hope you can also help reply too.

Would you know what Slingbox model is used by Japanese Slingbox Rental? If not, how can I find out? It was mentioned before if its on Slingbox 300 or 500 we need to find the userpassword, is this right? Would I need find this out first?

From reading the info from the previous pages, the way to record and save to PC is using perl script . Is there anyway to pre-program recording of different tv channels at different broadcast time in advance? if so, how can this be done?

Also, is there an option to pre-program more than one channel to record at the same time in advance? if so, how can this be done or it is only one channel each time?
They're using Slingbox HD Pros, Slingbox 350s and Slingbox 500s. You can see what kind of slingbox you're on in the settings @newwatch.slingbox.com.

Yes, the perl-script supports a waittime before recordings, and can also switch channels. I haven't tried that, so i have no idea how you'd do that.

The Sattelite recievers can only watch one channel at any time, and the Perl-script only records what the Slingbox is streaming to you. Therefore you can only record one show at a time on your computer. You can however record show X on CS channel A with the sat reciever, while watching (recording) show Y on BS channel B with the Script.

aki0805

Post by aki0805 » Jul 9th, '13, 13:34

guroneko wrote:
aki0805 wrote: The Sattelite recievers can only watch one channel at any time, and the Perl-script only records what the Slingbox is streaming to you. Therefore you can only record one show at a time on your computer. You can however record show X on CS channel A with the sat reciever, while watching (recording) show Y on BS channel B with the Script.
Thanks again for your quick reply!
So with that example, it seem that you could effectively record 2 shows at the same time, one from sat reciever and the other using the script. however, I'm kinda lost how you can do this at the same time. do you mind explaining how you can record directly from the sat receiver while watching/recording from the SlingBox? does the file get save into a different location for each one (i.e. one saved to your PC and the other to an external HD which was mentioned in a earlier post)?

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Jul 9th, '13, 15:20

aki0805 wrote:Thanks again for your quick reply!
So with that example, it seem that you could effectively record 2 shows at the same time, one from sat reciever and the other using the script. however, I'm kinda lost how you can do this at the same time. do you mind explaining how you can record directly from the sat receiver while watching/recording from the SlingBox? does the file get save into a different location for each one (i.e. one saved to your PC and the other to an external HD which was mentioned in a earlier post)?
Well, you just set show 1 to record with the sat reciever (this one is going to be recorded on the recievers hdd), and than watch/record the second one with the script. that does however only work if the two channels arn't on the same sattelite. You can record both BS11 (on the BS sattelite) and AT-X (on the CS sattelite) at the same time, but you can't record TBS and TV Tokyo together.

I haven't been in the situation of wanting to record two programs at the same exact time till now, i honestly don't really get why you'd need that.

I just record everything on the sat-reciever's hdd and rerecord that playback with the script only if i really need to archive it.

aki0805

Post by aki0805 » Jul 10th, '13, 12:28

guroneko wrote:
aki0805 wrote:Thanks again for your quick reply!
Well, you just set show 1 to record with the sat reciever (this one is going to be recorded on the recievers hdd), and than watch/record the second one with the script. that does however only work if the two channels arn't on the same sattelite. You can record both BS11 (on the BS sattelite) and AT-X (on the CS sattelite) at the same time, but you can't record TBS and TV Tokyo together.

I haven't been in the situation of wanting to record two programs at the same exact time till now, i honestly don't really get why you'd need that.

I just record everything on the sat-reciever's hdd and rerecord that playback with the script only if i really need to archive it.
Thanks for your reply again Guroneko.

Perhaps this problem may not occur with Slingbox rental as from was mentioned some of the channels are repeated on each tuner so you could get around this. However, from past experience, I have come across this when I wanted to watch 2 shows on different channels at the same timeslot (that has only 1 tuner).

Actually, when you mentioned " You can record both BS11 (on the BS sattelite) and AT-X (on the CS sattelite) at the same time, but you can't record TBS and TV Tokyo together." I had thought the BS/CS channels are on the same satellite (tuner) and the skyperfect tv channels is on the other. So, would that mean I won't be able to record any 2 shows on BS/CS channels at the same time, but can record a show from skyperffect tv channels?

Apologies if I've asked so many questions on the Slingbox. You have been most helpful and patient with my questions and quick with your replies. Thanks once again. どうもありがとうございました.

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Jul 10th, '13, 13:58

aki0805 wrote: Thanks for your reply again Guroneko.

Perhaps this problem may not occur with Slingbox rental as from was mentioned some of the channels are repeated on each tuner so you could get around this. However, from past experience, I have come across this when I wanted to watch 2 shows on different channels at the same timeslot (that has only 1 tuner).

Actually, when you mentioned " You can record both BS11 (on the BS sattelite) and AT-X (on the CS sattelite) at the same time, but you can't record TBS and TV Tokyo together." I had thought the BS/CS channels are on the same satellite (tuner) and the skyperfect tv channels is on the other. So, would that mean I won't be able to record any 2 shows on BS/CS channels at the same time, but can record a show from skyperffect tv channels?

Apologies if I've asked so many questions on the Slingbox. You have been most helpful and patient with my questions and quick with your replies. Thanks once again. どうもありがとうございました.
Well, that depends on the sat-reciever i guess. BS stands for Broadcasting Sattelites and CS for communication Sattelites, so they're not the same. The sat-reciever i'm using is listing both under tuner 2 - so i don't have to press a button to switch from CS to BS. The SkyperfecTV Sattelites are something completely different (different dish etc.), so my reciever lists them unter tuner 1.

I can still record one channel on CS (tuner 2) while watching another channel on BS (tuner 2 aswell).

どう致しまして

violagirl23

Post by violagirl23 » Aug 3rd, '13, 18:30

I've been reading through this thread, and it sounds like if I'm in the US and I want good quality television streaming onto my PC, my best bets would be Wist or JpPlayer. Are you still unable to record shows to watch later in JpPlayer without paid software such as Camtasia? It sounds like JpPlayer might be a bit better than Wist but I'm hesitant to get it if there's no way to record things, as I'm usually not home when all the good stuff is on! I also read that Wist's recording program often stops recording shows if the stream cuts off for a minute. Does anyone know if this is still a problem, or if it has been fixed? Also, do you need a VPN to use either of these services outside of Japan, or can you just download the software and they work right off the bat? Lastly, do either of these offer an option to put on Japanese subtitles, or is that only an option with some of the settop boxes?

Sorry for all the questions; I have no problem spending money on quality services, but I'm still a bit anxious on picking a good one first. 8)

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Aug 3rd, '13, 18:54

violagirl23 wrote:I've been reading through this thread, and it sounds like if I'm in the US and I want good quality television streaming onto my PC, my best bets would be Wist or JpPlayer. Are you still unable to record shows to watch later in JpPlayer without paid software such as Camtasia? It sounds like JpPlayer might be a bit better than Wist but I'm hesitant to get it if there's no way to record things, as I'm usually not home when all the good stuff is on! I also read that Wist sometimes stops recording shows if the stream cuts off for a minute. Does anyone know if this is still a problem, or if it has been fixed?

Also, do either of these offer an option to put on Japanese subtitles, or is that only an option with some of the settop boxes?
Yes, jpPlayer is probably still the best way to watch japanese tv in the US, but you still can't directly record it.

I can't comment on wist's recording features, but i know the service has undergone some changes recently.

The only way to get japanese subtitles i know is using a slingbox, but that's a fairly expensive solution, and you'd need a good internet connection to japan for HD video in good quality.

Edit: You don't need a VPN.

myorek

Post by myorek » Aug 12th, '13, 11:19

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying my wife a Macbook Air but i was kind of disapointed that ntktv won't work on Mac (they don't suport it).

Can you recommend some option (with vod) to watch japanese tv on mac?

Kind regards,
M.

hisuiai

Post by hisuiai » Aug 12th, '13, 12:03

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Aug 13th, '13, 03:14

myorek wrote:Hi,

I'm thinking of buying my wife a Macbook Air but i was kind of disapointed that ntktv won't work on Mac (they don't suport it).

Can you recommend some option (with vod) to watch japanese tv on mac?

Kind regards,
M.
Skytv365.com is now supporting Mac.

You can watch NHK-E for free and check it out for yourself.

myorek

Post by myorek » Aug 13th, '13, 19:00

Thank you for information.

Best regards,
M

gomi

iHome

Post by gomi » Aug 17th, '13, 00:50

Thinking about getting an ihome iptv box.
Anyone know what the subscription fee is after the initial year is up?

cocomonk22

Post by cocomonk22 » Sep 9th, '13, 07:03

Renewal for iHome is around $240.
『Comparing Options for Watching Japanese TV from Overseas』
Discount for Japanese TV for D-Addicts members, PM if interested

Roxasu

Post by Roxasu » Sep 27th, '13, 09:25

Hey everyone,
I've been following this thread for quite a long time now.
During this time I've tested JpPlayer, fengyunzhibo and right now the Slingplayer via the japanese slingbox rental.

As of now I really like the slingbox-service and even thought of buying a receiver, so that I don't have to connect my laptop to my TV all the time. The only problem I have with the service is the extrem high price. I'm just a student and so I can't pay around 100 USD every month, even if the EURO price is a bit lower due to the exchange.

So I've been wondering, if there is any good service, that is quite affordable for me. Maybe iHome, KSTV or this other set-top-box "Android OS with 40 HD channels"? Or do you have any other good ideas? Keep in mind that I'd like to watch it on my TV, so JpPlayer isn't a really good choice, even if the quality was great.

Thanks in advance

bielsafication

Post by bielsafication » Oct 9th, '13, 11:05

It is just me or sopcast service for Japanese TV is down? It's been three days and still down till now.

statrosa

Post by statrosa » Oct 10th, '13, 11:25

Does anyone know if there is also a hacked JPTV version just like NTKTV? Because they really look like they are made by the same company/person, both being java based.

The only difference being that JPTV also works on a mac. Someone in this forum already pointed out where the programming of NTKTV files can be adjusted but after one week of intensive trying I found out that my Java skills are too poor.

An Android version of the hacked NTKTV also seems like especially in combination with an Android TV box. :D

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Oct 11th, '13, 18:43

Japanese Slingbox Rentals has new packages now, and they're way cheeper if you don't need all channels.

I'm subscibing to the dtv and anime packages for example.
Two packages are $60 a month. All packages include many "free" channels, wich are channels that don't directly fit into any of the packages. You can see what channels are part of what package HERE.

In case a Slingbox has been too expensive for you until now, you can get the Tokyo Dtv channels + all the "free" channels (about 60-70) for $50/month.

The Pricing is:

1 Package, $50.
2 Packages, $60.
3 Packages, $75
All Packages, $90.

The Packages available are Dtv, Sports, Anime and Porn (the porn channels are not listed on the Channel overview xml).

If you're only into drama, you should be alright with just the Dtv package for $50, as it includes most of the channels that have been asked for here before.

As before, all Slingboxes are connected to 2TB harddisks for recording.

statrosa

Post by statrosa » Oct 12th, '13, 13:04

Roxasu wrote:Hey everyone,
During this time I've tested JpPlayer, fengyunzhibo and right now the Slingplayer via the japanese slingbox rental.

As of now I really like the slingbox-service and even thought of buying a receiver, so that I don't have to connect my laptop to my TV all the time. The only problem I have with the service is the extrem high price. I'm just a student and so I can't pay around 100 USD every month, even if the EURO price is a bit lower due to the exchange.

So I've been wondering, if there is any good service, that is quite affordable for me. Maybe iHome, KSTV or this other set-top-box "Android OS with 40 HD channels"? Or do you have any other good ideas? Keep in mind that I'd like to watch it on my TV, so JpPlayer isn't a really good choice, even if the quality was great.

Thanks in advance
Dude you are so lucky! The price went down drastic.

Roxasu

Post by Roxasu » Oct 13th, '13, 14:03

statrosa wrote:
Roxasu wrote:Hey everyone,

Thanks in advance
Dude you are so lucky! The price went down drastic.
Yeah, I've heard of it. Awesome coincidence!

bloggingpig

Post by bloggingpig » Oct 20th, '13, 04:09

http://www.fengyunzhibo.com

Yes, I agree. This site is the easiest, nicest streaming Japanese TV source out there that doesn't require 3rd party players, installation of a program, etc. Pretty reliable - no skipping, decent quality all day long, and runs stable. Can easily have it up for hours without an issue.

Also, the easiest for a TV - just HDMI it off the PC and away you go! Can't be any easier to setup since it only requires one HDMI cable. Easy to record anything you'd like as well - Bandicam works, as do many other screen capture programs. No need to pay for record services, etc - you're always in full control of the record.

Not the source with the most channels, but vs. a freebie like KeyHoleTV, the video quality is much better and the stream is reliable (doesn't drop).

---

Nicest benefit of this site?

You can easily multi-monitor your PC and have up 10 channels on 10 monitors all streaming at once! ^o^

statrosa

Post by statrosa » Oct 21st, '13, 16:36

Just wanted to share my experience with watching Japanese tv abroad. I have started using Japanese Slingbox Rental and I'm very satisfied. I live in Western Europe and the image is very clear and stable.

On the HiNet speed test I reach a 1,5 mb download and (to my surprise) a 3,5 mb upload.

The channel package is very broad. And the PVR function works really well.
I hope to be using this one for a long time.

My top 6:
1. Japanese Slingbox Rental - Quality and broad selection, PVR, Windows, OSX, IOS and Android
2. SkyTV365 - VOD & quality, Windows, OSX and IOS
3. Emankai - Live, VOD and recording, browser based I believe it also worked in OSX with use of Flip Player.
4. JpPlayer - Quality and nice selection, unfortunately only Windows
5. NTKTV/JPTV24 - VOD, Windows (JPTV24 also works in OSX with use of Flip Player)
6. Keyhole TV - legally free, Windows and OSX

Keyhole TV has always been a popular tool for studying Japanese, but I often hear not a lot of fun to look at. I am a bit addicted to Japanese so I can easily enjoy Japanese TV with just the sound (except for tell sell channels, they probably sound bad in all languages).

There are many free ways to watch Japanese TV, (My Niji TV and Sop cast are one of the best, although the services are not always available) I would say enjoy it while it lasts.

If you live in Americas, Africa, Middle East and Europe I would advise a service with VOD if you want to watch your favourite programs.
I use the Slingbox Rental and I record the programs I want to see. When I have time to watch live TV it is often 02:00 in Japan, so I'm stuck with reruns but the commercial channels often have funky programs deemed not fit for daytime TV, but a lot of fun to watch.

Hope this post helps in any way.

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Oct 22nd, '13, 21:29

Can someone please confirm for me that there's a problem with jpplayer's payment system?

I'm getting an error right after being redirected to paypal for payment on the "One Month" plan, and a similar error after loging into paypal with the "Monthly Subscription" plan.

Also thank you bloggingpig for introducing me to bandicam. It's far superior to the other Screen Capture solutions like Camtasia Studio etc.

I only get 5% CPU Load using my graphics card (intel quick sync or Nvidia Cuda) to capture/encode 1080p video/waudio. It also doesn't need to convert the recording afterwards like camtasia, it records in the right format and resolution from the start.
You've gotten me to save alot of time(and now i don't have to fear that my laptop starts burning from 90% cpu load for hours anymore), so thanks again.

flinx

Post by flinx » Oct 22nd, '13, 23:56

You should be glad jpplayer won't take your money - they're dead right now and have been since last week. They've had some minor outages now and then, but nothing like this. Might be time to look fro an alternative.

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Oct 23rd, '13, 00:25

flinx wrote:You should be glad jpplayer won't take your money - they're dead right now and have been since last week. They've had some minor outages now and then, but nothing like this. Might be time to look fro an alternative.
I'm watching jpPlayer right now, no problems. I can't comment on the last week, but it's been stable for me the last few hours.

shuyea

Post by shuyea » Oct 23rd, '13, 03:36

Hi. I am using "http://ppuris.com/voc/login.php" to watch Jap TV prog (Singapore). Does anyone know what providers allow Media Player or Real Player to playback real time Jap TV? Tks

jinkosan

Post by jinkosan » Oct 23rd, '13, 18:52

i've been using slingbox rental, but from a diferent source than the fb posted here and cheaper also. (30 usd per month via paypal)

So far, so good. a lot of hd channels, plenty of variety and response between 3- 5 hours at most, when i've had some issues.

i think he has more slingboxes for rent, but u should ask the owner for the details. (sling.rent@gmail.com.)

i hope this can help to anyone willing to watch jap tv 8)

pato

Post by pato » Oct 24th, '13, 10:13

I'm watching jpPlayer right now, no problems for me also.

taberu

Post by taberu » Oct 24th, '13, 14:26

Deleted due to personal info

Arppe

Post by Arppe » Oct 24th, '13, 16:54

Yea, i got those too and in the last mail from different address emankai owner is saying that emankai site has been attacked and they try to fish users names, address and credit card information by email by saying they are from kanagawa police.

statrosa

Post by statrosa » Oct 27th, '13, 11:56

Yeah I had the same thing. I read in an email from Emankai that they will soon change the Emankai website so that it is better secured.

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Oct 27th, '13, 12:12

Is emankai still worth checking out with jpPlayer, Slingboxes, Skytv365 and ofcourse the good free solutions availible?

I never tried it, but incase they upgraded their streams quality over what's on the first post, i might check it out sometime.

taberu

Post by taberu » Oct 27th, '13, 12:12

You think it's better to cut the credit card used to subscribe to Emankai?

statrosa

Post by statrosa » Oct 27th, '13, 14:37

That advice was given by the president of Emankai.

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Oct 28th, '13, 17:34

pato wrote:I'm watching jpPlayer right now, no problems for me also.

The problems arn't there all the time, but they're there. Sometimes the streams won't even go past the "connecting nodes" stage. It's pretty annoying if there's a show you'd like to watch (like non non biyori for me half an hour ago) and you can't.

Something's wrong with skytv365.com aswell, it's buffering all the time, the download rates are extremely low.

canadianfoot

Post by canadianfoot » Oct 29th, '13, 01:36

Ok I am kind of in the same boat as people here except I am totally cutting off my cable and am looking for a TV Box(IPTV) that has NO SUBSCRIPTION whatsoever. I don't need tons of Japanese channels since for about 12years I only had NHK World (TV Japan here in Canada).

So right now I am looking at a box that will replace (as best) my cable. It needs to have;

English TV Channels
Sports Channels (ESPN, EUROSPORTS, etc)
Japanese Channels
Polish Channels

I was looking around the web for a while now and have "narrowed it down to the following:

TVpad3(or TVpad2 not much difference between the two)

- TVpad uses NIJI Show app of their own making specific to TVpad not a generic ANDROID app. It has mostly (90%) Chinese TV, currently 7japanese Channels and some NEWS(BBC,CNN,Bloomberg) in English, and Sports. Oh yeah and Korean TV.

It is stable, NO FEES, and I have seen a "live demo" at the store near me. Not bad a little bid slow in regards to loading channels(6-8seconds) but Smooth Playback and quality was great(regular SD not HD). There is the lack of English and Polish channels since it is mostly a "Chinese TV Box"

http://www.tvpad.com/en/tvpad-channels.html

iPlayer S3100(there is a new version bigger/better S6100)

Same as TVpad2-3 it has Chinese Mostly, Japanese and Korean TV, Some ENGLISH NEWS BBC,CNN,etc. Some sports too. It is ANDROID Based and more "OPEN" you can add your own apps, etc. There is built in GOOGLE Play so you can add apps and thus channels

http://clubtvpad.com/main/

There is another little box I ran into....but I have yet to see. If someone has it or heard about it let me know. The seller calls it the CRAYBOX.....

Here is what I know so far:

CRAYBOX is a MK819 DualCore(they claim it is QUADCORE.....unless they didn't update their website). LOTS of Channels over 2000+ in pretty much every language covered. It runs ANDROID and XMBC.

http://craybox.weebly.com/index.html

I am more inclined to go towards the CRAYBOX since it has English/Sports/JP and PL TV Channels. All boxes are between 190-250$

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/e ... 96182.html
http://www.usedsurrey.com/classified-ad ... 2_19238805

Basically I think whoever sells the CRAYBOX uploaded all apps himself and clones the devices. No idea if it's good, bad or ugly. I did find 1 complaint:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/e ... 53667.html

The PRO for all those is the fact there is NO Subscriptions

pato

Post by pato » Oct 29th, '13, 23:12

guroneko wrote:

The problems arn't there all the time, but they're there. Sometimes the streams won't even go past the "connecting nodes" stage. It's pretty annoying if there's a show you'd like to watch (like non non biyori for me half an hour ago) and you can't.

Something's wrong with skytv365.com aswell, it's buffering all the time, the download rates are extremely low.
Ahhh ok! Yes i have that problem also when i'm watching jpPlayer.
(Sometimes the streams won't even go past the "connecting nodes" stage) Lately it seem's to happen more am i right?
I thought maybe something was wrong with my PC.

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Oct 30th, '13, 00:42

pato wrote:
guroneko wrote:

(Sometimes the streams won't even go past the "connecting nodes" stage) Lately it seem's to happen more am i right?
I guess it's something with the servers. Maybe there's too much people using jpPlayer/iHome/USB IPTV for their servers to handle.

It's much easier to connect very late at night in europe for example, but nearly impossible some other times.

Maybe Cocomonk22 could give us some insight?

pato

Post by pato » Oct 30th, '13, 00:51

guroneko wrote:
pato wrote:
guroneko wrote:

I guess it's something with the servers. Maybe there's too much people using jpPlayer/iHome/USB IPTV for their servers to handle.

It's much easier to connect very late at night in europe for example, but nearly impossible some other times.

I never send him any messages about this problem. Did you?
I think maybe your right about the servers. As i remember it seems to works better evening here in Canada but in the morning sometimes i just loose patience and turn it off.

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Oct 30th, '13, 04:41

pato wrote:
guroneko wrote:
pato wrote: Ahhh ok! Yes i have that problem also when i'm watching jpPlayer.

I never send him any messages about this problem. Did you?
I think maybe your right about the servers. As i remember it seems to works better evening here in Canada but in the morning sometimes i just loose patience and turn it off.
No, i didn't, but i'm sure he's reading this thread.

For those interested: Skytv365 is starting a test-channel in HD quality at the end of next month.

I'm hoping for a nice quality Tokyo MX stream... That would be nice... Pretty sure it'll end up being E-Tere though...

shelly123

About niji

Post by shelly123 » Nov 6th, '13, 08:29

Maybe the one of NIJI Show is good to me . It is free and very clear . The latest version has 11 television stations.You can safely download it from its official website(http://www.SPAM SPAM/) .If you have any problem about it ,you can ask the staff by facebook.https://www.facebook.com/myniji I hope I could help you.

shelly123

Post by shelly123 » Nov 6th, '13, 08:30

Maybe the one of NIJI Show is good to me . It is free and very clear . The latest version has 11 television stations.You can safely download it from its official website (http://www.SPAM SPAM/) .If you have any problem about it ,you can ask the staff by facebook. https://www.facebook.com/myniji I hope I could help you.

Nquiz

Post by Nquiz » Nov 23rd, '13, 06:14

I get that problem with JpPlayer as well. It's been good most of the time, but it is extremely frustrating when you've been waiting for a special episode and the player just doesn't connect.

Another problem with JpPlayer is that sometimes it just freezes and the audio keeps going. Or the picture starts to pixel-ate. Or it stops connecting if you start to switch channels.I've noticed a lot of problems the last two months and I've stopped using it even though I've payed for the service. I've started looking for blog sites for my shows now.

Hey Canadianfoot, did you end up buying any of those boxes? I know a place that sells that TVpad thing in an asian mall here. But that Niji app has a lot of problems with it. I think they have to get the signal from someone who cracks a satellite signal and P2P to other computers or something. The app is always down and has had constant problems for over a year. I remember I was looking into it last year, and they still have problems to this day. You can go days or months without seeing any Japanese TV.

I looked at that Craybox site. It looks quite "homemade". Is it safe? It has every language except Japanese! lol :P Craigslist doesn't keep their posting up for long. I'm curious to what the complaint of the box was.

canadianfoot

Post by canadianfoot » Nov 23rd, '13, 23:10

Nquiz wrote:Hey Canadianfoot, did you end up buying any of those boxes? I know a place that sells that TVpad thing in an asian mall here. But that Niji app has a lot of problems with it. I think they have to get the signal from someone who cracks a satellite signal and P2P to other computers or something. The app is always down and has had constant problems for over a year. I remember I was looking into it last year, and they still have problems to this day. You can go days or months without seeing any Japanese TV.

I looked at that Craybox site. It looks quite "homemade". Is it safe? It has every language except Japanese! lol :P Craigslist doesn't keep their posting up for long. I'm curious to what the complaint of the box was.
Ok I did NOT Get Any IPTV Boxes at the moment but I did more research, asked around tried a few things and here is my Verdict so far:

CRAYBOX (200$) --->> STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, and Again STAY AWAY

- The whole thing is shaddy, didn't like the "sales rep" and yes the box is very Home Made quite crappy. Also more and more complaints I have found on numerous websites they advertise. It's a NO GO just doesn't feel right.

- TVpad 2 or 3 (200-250$) I went into a few Chinese Electronic Stores and tired them out here is the kicker they use NIJI app supposedly made only for "their" box the TVpad 2/3 are CLOSED ANDROID Based devices with their own "market" etc. But as mentioned earlier by another poster there is an app called NIJI Show which is the same Except its FREE

- NIJI Show it's a FREE WINDOWS Based App, you can just install it and hook it up to your TV via laptop(or window tablet). It's LIVE and FREE(registration required takes 2minutes). There are no HD Channels but quality is good, used it for 2weeks no issues, channels load fairly quickly. High Speed Internet recommended. Here is sample of channels:

NHK総合 - NHK G
日本テレビ - Nippon Television
NHK教育 - NHK E
TBS - TOKYO BRODCASTING SYSTEM
フジテレビ - FUJI TV
テレビ朝日 - TV ASAHI
テレビ東京 - TV Tokyo
Jsports1

you can download the free app here: www(dot)myniji(dot)tv/

For me this one is the winner, only drawback is the fact that since it's LIVE I have a 16hours time difference

I am also looking at:

- www(dot)superiptv(dot)com

the advantage is that I would get 36 TV Channels some in HD, the drawback is the price 400$(box and 1year subscription) and 200$ Each Year there after. If I don't like the service I am stuck with a Useless Box for 200$.....

So at the moment the winner is NIJI Show: in google type MYNIJI it's the first website and it's FREE!!!! Just a small registration required.

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Nov 23rd, '13, 23:28

canadianfoot wrote:
Nquiz wrote:Hey Canadianfoot, did you end up buying any of those boxes? I know a place that sells that TVpad thing in an asian mall here. But that Niji app has a lot of problems with it. I think they have to get the signal from someone who cracks a satellite signal and P2P to other computers or something. The app is always down and has had constant problems for over a year. I remember I was looking into it last year, and they still have problems to this day. You can go days or months without seeing any Japanese TV.

Ok I did NOT Get Any IPTV Boxes at the moment but I did more research, asked around tried a few things and here is my Verdict so far:

CRAYBOX (200$) --->> STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, and Again STAY AWAY

- The whole thing is shaddy, didn't like the "sales rep" and yes the box is very Home Made quite crappy. Also more and more complaints I have found on numerous websites they advertise. It's a NO GO just doesn't feel right.

- TVpad 2 or 3 (200-250$) I went into a few Chinese Electronic Stores and tired them out here is the kicker they use NIJI app supposedly made only for "their" box the TVpad 2/3 are CLOSED ANDROID Based devices with their own "market" etc. But as mentioned earlier by another poster there is an app called NIJI Show which is the same Except its FREE

- NIJI Show it's a FREE WINDOWS Based App, you can just install it and hook it up to your TV via laptop(or window tablet). It's LIVE and FREE(registration required takes 2minutes). There are no HD Channels but quality is good, used it for 2weeks no issues, channels load fairly quickly. High Speed Internet recommended. Here is sample of channels:

NHK総合 - NHK G
日本テレビ - Nippon Television
NHK教育 - NHK E
TBS - TOKYO BRODCASTING SYSTEM
フジテレビ - FUJI TV
テレビ朝日 - TV ASAHI
テレビ東京 - TV Tokyo
Jsports1

you can download the free app here: www(dot)myniji(dot)tv/

For me this one is the winner, only drawback is the fact that since it's LIVE I have a 16hours time difference

I am also looking at:

the advantage is that I would get 36 TV Channels some in HD, the drawback is the price 400$(box and 1year subscription) and 200$ Each Year there after. If I don't like the service I am stuck with a Useless Box for 200$.....

So at the moment the winner is NIJI Show: in google type MYNIJI it's the first website and it's FREE!!!! Just a small registration required.
Just wait a week before you order anything.

I just ordered a Japanese HD IPTV box of the new generation(the ones that require a 4-6MB/s internet connection instead of the 2MB/s required by current boxes), and it should be here within the next week.

From what i've heared the quality is way better than anything that's been out until now, and it has over 45 channels.

I'll post screenshots and a quick review as soon as i get it.

If the quality is as good as i'm hearing (wich is about 85-90% of the actual transport stream from the sattelites etc, and would be as good as most hdtv raws you find on d-addicts or nyaa) i might get a capture card aswell, than i'd post some recordings too.

Nquiz

Post by Nquiz » Nov 26th, '13, 06:18

I am also looking at:

This kinda seems like that iHome iptv that was brought up last year in this thread. There are some companies selling these devices on Alibaba, and they all are in that same hardware case. They look identical except for that they're missing the "iHome" logo. I'm not sure if they all manufacture them for somebody or they ripped somebody off. They prices vary a little bit too. Don't know which one is trust worthy.
Just wait a week before you order anything.

I just ordered a Japanese HD IPTV box of the new generation(the ones that require a 4-6MB/s internet connection instead of the 2MB/s required by current boxes), and it should be here within the next week.

From what i've heared the quality is way better than anything that's been out until now, and it has over 45 channels.

If the quality is as good as i'm hearing (wich is about 85-90% of the actual transport stream from the sattelites etc, and would be as good as most hdtv raws you find on d-addicts or nyaa) i might get a capture card aswell, than i'd post some recordings too.

Wow, that sounds good. Are there even 45 Japanese channels? Keep us posted.

canadianfoot

Post by canadianfoot » Nov 27th, '13, 00:25

guroneko wrote: Just wait a week before you order anything.

GURONEKO please do me a Big Favor. Do NOT Rush in regards to the Review. What I mean by that is I have seen people get something and do a review the Same They They Hook it up.

Let the "Hype" wear off. Wait 1-2weeks since then you will notice what you do like and what you don't. What works and what does not work, etc.

Then do a Review

I have seen numerous Review on the web of people raving about something on the first day and by week 2 they were saying what garbage they eneded up getting.

Thanks for being the Tester!!! :salut:

canadianfoot

Post by canadianfoot » Nov 27th, '13, 00:37

the High End box you bought is it a Black one with silver front? looks like a DVD Player almost?

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Nov 27th, '13, 01:22

canadianfoot wrote:the High End box you bought is it a Black one with silver front? looks like a DVD Player almost?
No, but there's several boxes out there that require over 4mbps, for example the KSTV K-666HD or the box you mentioned(don't know if we're talking about the same box here). I might end up trying all of them incase the one that's on it's way won't meet my expectations.

Review is too big a word for what i had in mind.

I'll post some pictures, maybe some videos, and write a little about stability, features and stuff.

canadianfoot

Post by canadianfoot » Dec 2nd, '13, 05:19

OK so today I walk into my local Japanese Store to pickup some groceries, I look and they have an iHOME system hooked up to the TV for the cashiers to watch when there's no customers. Curious I ask them a couple of questions and apparently someone is making a killing business:

35$ month for LIVE iHOME Japanese TV
55$ month for LIVE iHOME Japanese TV with PVR up to 7days backwards

Now on www(dot)superiptv(dot)com

the same service althou NOT Called iHOME costs 400$ for first year including box and 1year service. while afterwards 200$ per year subscription

In the local store you have to sign of course 1year service Paid in cash Upfront

guroneko

TVEE LINKER J6903

Post by guroneko » Dec 5th, '13, 19:16

I received the new IPTV box almost a week ago, but i decided to wait a little before posting anything about it.

The company behind the TVEE LINKER J6903 box upgraded the servers right when i got the package, so it has been a little unstable during the first few days, and some channels couldn't be received at all(none of the Chi-Deji though, they worked all the time, as did most of the BS/CS channels).

The J6903 is a fairly small Android Smart TV Box with an App for Japanese Live TV.
It's running Android 4 on a Cortex A9 Dual-Core Processor, 1GB Ram and 4GB Rom, and can therefore be used to playback all kinds of movies etc. from external harddisks aswell.

It comes with the following 47 Japanese channels:

1. NHK-G Tokyo
2. NHK-E
3. Fuji TV
4. TV Tokyo
5. TBS
6. TV Asahi
7. Nihon TV
8. Tokyo MX
9. Housou Daigaku
10. NHK-G Oosaka
11. ABC
12. Kansai TV
13. MBS
14. Yomiuri TV
15. Sun TV
16. TV Oosaka
17. WOWOW Live
18. WOWOW Prime
19. WOWOW Cinema
20. BS Fuji
21. BS Japan
22. BS TBS
23. BS Hi-Tere
24. BS Asahi
25. Hi-Tere G
26. Nihon Douga Senmon Channel HD
27. BS Animax
28. Green Channel
29. BS Premium
30. BS1
31. Tabi Channel (The HD one from Skyperfectv, not the BS/CS SD Channel)
32. TBS News Part
33. History Channel
34. Discovery Channel
35. Kids Station HD
36. Home Drama Channel
37. Jidaigeki Senmon Channel
38. Golf Network
39. National Geographic
40. Music-Japan-TV
41. Sky A Sports
42. J-Sports 1
43. J-Sports 2
44. J-Sports 3
45. J-Sports 4
46. Fox BS238
47. Star Channel 1

There's also 6 non-japanese channels, and 17 adult channels(password protected) besides these 47.

As you can hopefully see on the pictures in the picture gallery below, the video quality of the streams is good. But it's not as good as i hoped for.
It's overall better quality than iHome offers, but it has similar problems with action scenes.

The audio quality on the other hand is superb, absolutely perfect. I have never heared better audio quality via IPTV(not just japanese iptv), it sounds better than most raws i've downloaded over the years.

Channel swiching is very fast if you have fast internet. It takes about 3-5 seconds until the new channel plays, that's not much longer than most sat receivers need.

While the quality may be better, it lacks some features iHome offers.
It doesn't have a record function, there is no playback of previously aired shows, and the program guide only shows you the currently running show and the next up show with the start and end times.

I'd still recommend the TVEE LINKER J6903 (or the J803, wich is offering the same software in a different formfactor for the same price) over the iHome, simply becouse it's way cheaper, has more channels, and has great audio.

There is several ways to pay/subscribe.

You can buy the box for USD149 including three months of free Japanese IPTV, or for USD239 with a year of free Japanese IPTV.
Once your 3/12 months are over, you simply buy additional months/years via aliexpress.

One month costs USD14, three months USD36, and a year of service costs USD120.

I'd recommend buying the USD149 Box with 3 months of service, just incase you get a costums check on the package and the costums officer is smart enough to figure out it's not actually a "Media Player Sample" for USD26 as declared on the costums papers. ;-)

Alright, here's the picture gallery you probably want to check out now:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/110678314@ ... 384576753/

I had to take the pictures with my iphone's cam, sorry.
I also never used flickr before, so let me know if i shared the wrong link or something.

canadianfoot

Post by canadianfoot » Dec 6th, '13, 04:46

So I have a couple of questions:

What made you chose TVEE LINKER J6903 over the J803? The Mic/Cam for Skype? or what?

Also their App Market it their "own" or GOOGLE PLAY? I would like to be able to use GOOGLE PLAY

How long did it take to arrive?

Is there an app on Android to PVR stuff onto External HardDrive?

YOU GOT ME THINKING NOW!!!!! Ouch!!!
Last edited by canadianfoot on Dec 6th, '13, 04:58, edited 1 time in total.

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Dec 6th, '13, 04:54

canadianfoot wrote:So I have a couple of questions:

What made you chose TVEE LINKER J6903 over the J803? The Mic/Cam for Skype? or what?

Also their App Market it their "won" or GOOGLE PLAY? I would like to be able to use GOOGLE PLAY

How long did it take to arrive?
I choose the J6903 over the J803 just becouse i like the design better.

This box is really small by the way, like half the size of a bluray case. The Wlan antenna looks huge on the pictures, but it's actually normal sized.

I don't know what "won" is - Google Play is preinstalled and fully usable.

They send the package out on the second workday after my order, and DHL International Express takes between 3-5 days.

Garantueed deliverytime (=day you receive the package) by TVEE LINKER is 8 days after your payment has been confirmed by aliexpress. Mine arrived 4 workdays after i paid(Hong Kong -> Germany).

mikao

Post by mikao » Dec 19th, '13, 20:44

Hello,
Does anyone know how to change the 4:3 ratio of niji show to 16:9 ratio when playing in full screen ?
Thank you !!!
:roll

pato

Post by pato » Dec 23rd, '13, 11:05

My wish for 2014 would be to be able to watch Japanese TV with a software or a TVbox that would actually works well. Seems like no matter what you choose, after a while it doesn't work well anymore. :(

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Dec 23rd, '13, 12:44

pato wrote:My wish for 2014 would be to be able to watch Japanese TV with a software or a TVbox that would actually works well. Seems like no matter what you choose, after a while it doesn't work well anymore. :(
I guess we're still a few years away from "perfect" japanese tv everywhere in the world.

Until there is a legal service like nimbletv for japan.

AFAIK nimbletv still plans to offer japanese tv at some point, but they haven't said anything about it in quite a while, and seeing how long it takes them to include anything other than new york's tv, it'll probably take quite some time until that actually happens.

fyde90

Post by fyde90 » Dec 26th, '13, 17:09

I was going to rent a Slingbox but that TVEE LINKER box seems the best option right now.
guroneko can I ask a few questions?
What connection speed does the TVEE LINKER require? I can download at 1.6MB/s most of the times so I should be ok I think, right?
Do all the channels have the quality of the channel in the pictures you posted? This would be a big pro since a lot of channels included in the Slingbox service are only 480i.
Do you think this is going to last? Maybe it's because I never used one of this services but to me it looks like one of those things that after a few months just don't work anymore, I hope I'm wrong.

Nanotchi

Post by Nanotchi » Dec 28th, '13, 17:07

Hey everyone, I'm considering renting a slingbox, or jpplayer.. I really love quite a few animes and dramas owo; but slingbox is expensive.. But jpplayer is doable

I'm wondering how jpplayer is today? I read through the thread and saw some hate.. Then a lot of praise. So, what is the general opinion around here? :) I just want to able to watch my shows with a decent video. The main channels I will watch is tv Tokyo, bs Japan and animax.

oh and, a friend of mine in Australia might be interested in getting Japanese tv.. However, she also has a data cap. I believe 80 GB.. Would she be able to watch jpplayer/

and speaking of internet.. I have download speed of 15 MB and 3 MB upload.. Is that ok?

RetroHelix
Germany

Post by RetroHelix » Jan 3rd, '14, 14:38

Does someone knows whats needed to watch unext.jp? Do I have to watch over a japanese proxy or do I need a special creditcard or something?

pato

Post by pato » Jan 7th, '14, 02:08

Is it just me having problem with jpPlayer?
In the past 2 weeks, it's the second time that i open the player and it doesn't work.
Niji Show is working fine at least.

pato

Post by pato » Jan 7th, '14, 02:22

OK! Now jpPlayer working! :)

talkingcock

TV Linker

Post by talkingcock » Jan 9th, '14, 03:46

Just chipping in with my experience with TVEE Linker. I did not get the Japanese cable box but rather the Chinese channels one (Model C801) which has most cable channels in HK, TW, a few FTA channels in China and a few Japanese ones (NTV, TBS, KTV, NHK, etc).

It requires 4Mbps (megabits, not megabytes) and while it has wireless connectivity and I am placing it next to the main router in the house, I am using a short patch-cord (30cm) to link them up. Connection is very smooth although at peak traffic (7-10pm), I can see some buffering now and then (maybe a 2-3 second buffer period every 1 hour). Also to note, I am living in Asia, probably the same continent as the host server. BTW, use HDMI always and you will need it for the HD pictures anyway. I first tested with the RCA cables and the noise generated was terrible.

The software is rudimentary but is much better than other similar boxes I feel. In short, it works and is not as glitchy as I thought. Still, it is not faultless - browsing the channels using program selector could potentially cause the unit to hang from receiving too many commands not being able to execute them fast enough - this problem is probably not evident with a smaller package grouping like Japanese channels. Remote control itself feels cheap though and only works at certain angles to hit the sweet spot.

As most had guessed, it is a standard Android TV box with some hacked homebrew to run the IPTV app. Still, the Play Store works and you can actually install BSPlayer and have the box stream movies from your home DLNA server or any samba file share.

The "free movie" app is nothing to shout about. Basically it's the MovieTube android app that helps to search for full length movies hosted on youtube.

mieko

Post by mieko » Jan 9th, '14, 17:20

I just got the 3 day trial for jpplayer and i was wondering how you bring up the user interface after you initally pick a channel to watch ? You can bring up the brightness
controls on the right side of the screen but no way to go back to a main channel list without having to closed the program altogether and re-start.

fyde90

Re: TV Linker

Post by fyde90 » Jan 9th, '14, 19:08

talkingcock wrote:Just chipping in with my experience with TVEE Linker. I did not get the Japanese cable box but rather the Chinese channels one (Model C801) which has most cable channels in HK, TW, a few FTA channels in China and a few Japanese ones (NTV, TBS, KTV, NHK, etc).

It requires 4Mbps (megabits, not megabytes) and while it has wireless connectivity and I am placing it next to the main router in the house, I am using a short patch-cord (30cm) to link them up. Connection is very smooth although at peak traffic (7-10pm), I can see some buffering now and then (maybe a 2-3 second buffer period every 1 hour). Also to note, I am living in Asia, probably the same continent as the host server. BTW, use HDMI always and you will need it for the HD pictures anyway. I first tested with the RCA cables and the noise generated was terrible.

The software is rudimentary but is much better than other similar boxes I feel. In short, it works and is not as glitchy as I thought. Still, it is not faultless - browsing the channels using program selector could potentially cause the unit to hang from receiving too many commands not being able to execute them fast enough - this problem is probably not evident with a smaller package grouping like Japanese channels. Remote control itself feels cheap though and only works at certain angles to hit the sweet spot.

As most had guessed, it is a standard Android TV box with some hacked homebrew to run the IPTV app. Still, the Play Store works and you can actually install BSPlayer and have the box stream movies from your home DLNA server or any samba file share.

The "free movie" app is nothing to shout about. Basically it's the MovieTube android app that helps to search for full length movies hosted on youtube.
Nice, thanks!

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Jan 9th, '14, 21:19

fyde90 wrote:
talkingcock wrote:Just chipping in with my experience with TVEE Linker. I did not get the Japanese cable box but rather the Chinese channels one (Model C801) which has most cable channels in HK, TW, a few FTA channels in China and a few Japanese ones (NTV, TBS, KTV, NHK, etc).

Nice, thanks!
I'm so sorry, i must have missed the mail notification about your initial reply, it looks like you're not getting any more notifications from this forum until you visit it again...

I'll still answer your questions even though most already have been.

You need about 450kb/s (4Mbps) download speed for it to run stable. If your internet is faster, channel switching gets faster.

The quality of all channels is the same, and the service provider is constantly working on improvements. The quality i get now is better than what i got right after unboxing, especially with action scenes.

I think it'll be around for some time. They're putting too much effort into it to stop supporting it anytime soon. I'd still always recommend to subscribe monthly or quarterly incase the service does go down at some point.

By the way, i totally disagree regarding the remote beeing "cheap" and only working from perfect angle.
I can use it from any angle, the buttons have a nice "clicking" feedback to it.
There seem to be multiple remotes for this box though (they show two different on the product pictures, i got the black one with all the number buttons etc on it).
One not-so-good point of the remote (or rather the box) is that the box sometimes interprets some remote commands of my tv (samsung 200hz smarttv) remote as buttonpresses on the box's remote, but that's probably just a coincidence with my tv model.

If you're in asia, i think a slingbox is still the better alternative.
If you're somewhere else, get the TVEE.

fyde90

Post by fyde90 » Jan 9th, '14, 22:43

guroneko wrote:I'm so sorry, i must have missed the mail notification about your initial reply, it looks like you're not getting any more notifications from this forum until you visit it again...

You need about 450kb/s (4Mbps) download speed for it to run stable. If your internet is faster, channel switching gets faster.

The quality of all channels is the same, and the service provider is constantly working on improvements. The quality i get now is better than what i got right after unboxing, especially with action scenes.

I think it'll be around for some time. They're putting too much effort into it to stop supporting it anytime soon. I'd still always recommend to subscribe monthly or quarterly incase the service does go down at some point.

By the way, i totally disagree regarding the remote beeing "cheap" and only working from perfect angle.
There seem to be multiple remotes for this box though (they show two different on the product pictures, i got the black one with all the number buttons etc on it).
One not-so-good point of the remote (or rather the box) is that the box sometimes interprets some remote commands of my tv (samsung 200hz smarttv) remote as buttonpresses on the box's remote, but that's probably just a coincidence with my tv model.

The TVEE seems perfect for me then, thanks!

talkingcock

Post by talkingcock » Jan 11th, '14, 04:42

guroneko wrote: There seem to be multiple remotes for this box though (they show two different on the product pictures, i got the black one with all the number buttons etc on it).
Hi Guroneko,

Can I trouble you to post a picture of the remote they sent you? I would like to get them to sell me one. The one that came with mine is so bad that it does not work more than 30cm away :hissy:

I agree the quality of the pictures is very good so I don't want to keep feeling negative about it just because I have to walk across the room everytime I want to change channels.

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Jan 11th, '14, 06:16

talkingcock wrote:
guroneko wrote: There seem to be multiple remotes for this box though (they show two different on the product pictures, i got the black one with all the number buttons etc on it).
Hi Guroneko,

Can I trouble you to post a picture of the remote they sent you? I would like to get them to sell me one. The one that came with mine is so bad that it does not work more than 30cm away :hissy:

I agree the quality of the pictures is very good so I don't want to keep feeling negative about it just because I have to walk across the room everytime I want to change channels.
Sure, that's the one:
http://postimg.cc/image/8048i248t/

pato

Post by pato » Jan 14th, '14, 01:09

Please, can anyone make a video about TVEE LINKER J6903 or the J803?
Also comments and critics about TVEE LINKER from buyers would be really nice.
Thank you so much in advance!

guroneko

Post by guroneko » Jan 15th, '14, 18:02

Incase no one noticed:

skytv365.com is now offering HD channels.

I was only able to test the free NHK-E HD stream for myself, but that one looked pretty good, way better than what they offered before - in both video and audio quality.

There's some kind of problem atleast for me with the hd channels though, they're not running smooth. It looks like 10fps right now, but i had an error updating the program, so that could be why.

Maybe someone else can try the free channel and let me know if it's just me.

karyuudo

Post by karyuudo » Jan 16th, '14, 04:06

Out of curiosity is there a way to fix the aspect ratio on the Niji Show application?

Edit: Found one solution:

You can watch the stream inside VLC and set the aspect ratio manually to 16:9.

1. Log into Niji and play one of the available channels.
2. Open VLC, go to Media -> Open Network Stream, and paste the following URL: http://127.0.0.1:8902/tv.mpeg. Click Play. Mute the sound in Niji media player.
3. Adjust the aspect ratio from the 'Video' menu.

karyuudo

Post by karyuudo » Jan 16th, '14, 05:00

guroneko wrote:
fyde90 wrote:

Nice, thanks!
I'm so sorry, i must have missed the mail notification about your initial reply, it looks like you're not getting any more notifications from this forum until you visit it again...

Out of curiosity, can you record with this device like a PVR type set up if you plug in an external drive?