U.S. Remake for DEATH NOTE

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
User avatar
Karate-ka
Posts: 653
Joined: Sep 19th, '07, 15:18
Location: Netherlands, in a town called Brunssum

U.S. Remake for DEATH NOTE

Post by Karate-ka » Jun 3rd, '08, 10:11

http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-3308
Vertigo to remake "Death Note" for U.S.
Tue, June 3, 2008 (12:06am EDT)
American movie studio Vertigo Entertainment is apparently working on a remake of the popular franchise "Death Note," which has been turned into three live-action films in Japan. The news was quietly revealed in production notes for the horror films "Shutter" and "The Strangers."

According to the notes, Vlas and Charles Parlapanides have been tapped to pen the screenplay. They are currently writing for the upcoming TV series "Undercover" on The CW.

No other details have been revealed at this point.
So whats your opinion?
Pretty white t-shirt and pair of jeans, thats all real man need ya know(No they need a job and a Diploma)
Image

sarara
Posts: 17
Joined: Sep 29th, '07, 10:49

Post by sarara » Jun 3rd, '08, 10:31

I hate americans because they always copy, their really have anything own

User avatar
Elien
Posts: 172
Joined: Jul 3rd, '07, 20:48
Location: Mordor

Post by Elien » Jun 3rd, '08, 11:09

oh man, nobody can be better Kira then Fuji 8)
Image
Of course I´m sane, when trees start talking to me, I don´t talk back.

User avatar
katzenjammin'
Posts: 44
Joined: May 16th, '08, 02:28
Location: U.S. of freakin' A

Post by katzenjammin' » Jun 3rd, '08, 18:30

sarara wrote:I hate americans because they always copy, their really have anything own
...um, what?

Besides the normal things such as worries about direction and casting, I'm iffy about the movie finding a niche over here. Psychological thriller-types of movies aren't the most popular... they'd have to do some serious marketing, I think.

I liked the Japanese movies, but didn't think they were AWESOME. I'd welcome an American take on the plot.

User avatar
Puppet Princess
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 15:27
Location: Hawaii

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 3rd, '08, 18:48

..... but they imported Death Note. Why bother remaking it?

Nidhogg_Rider
Posts: 3
Joined: May 21st, '08, 20:26

Post by Nidhogg_Rider » Jun 3rd, '08, 19:03

Typical Americans trying to milk money wherever they can find it.

User avatar
PhilsterT
Posts: 50
Joined: Mar 26th, '04, 01:31
Location: Seattle, WA

Post by PhilsterT » Jun 3rd, '08, 20:08

To the above poster:

Are you serious?

Japanese = not interested in money
Americans = interested?

That doesn't even make sense. The Japanese copy horrendously; there are a bajilizillion examples.

*Remakes of the Pussycat Dolls song with Dohji T called "Don Cha" by some horrible Japanese singers, which was there only single and is the PRIME example and milking money
*Dragon Ash ripping a bunch of American Songs ("I love Rock and Roll"...)
*B'z = same...

These copies have been around forever.

I welcome an American take, but have low expectations.

Rooster_KooL
Posts: 3
Joined: Jan 29th, '07, 18:33

Post by Rooster_KooL » Jun 3rd, '08, 20:24

American is copycat....proud to be Asian now.

Rooster_KooL
Posts: 3
Joined: Jan 29th, '07, 18:33

Post by Rooster_KooL » Jun 3rd, '08, 20:28

I watched The Eyes which remark from Chines version. It can not compare the Asian one, for American is good in action but horror is ****.
Last edited by Rooster_KooL on Jun 3rd, '08, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Arya3087
Posts: 5
Joined: Mar 13th, '08, 17:20
Contact:

Post by Arya3087 » Jun 3rd, '08, 21:06

Oh no... *speechless*

But I'll eventually watch it so then I can rant about how the Japanese version is better...(because honestly that's how I think it will be, and even if I will like the American version too I'm sure I will still like the Japanese one more...)
And eventually have a laugh at how they pronounce the Japanese names :lol (if they'll keep the original names...)

I'm curious about the cast....

dokaben
Posts: 31
Joined: Oct 17th, '05, 02:55

Post by dokaben » Jun 3rd, '08, 23:50

sarara wrote:I hate americans because they always copy, their really have anything own
A CHI CHI A CHI (YouTube)

User avatar
Zealousy
Posts: 362
Joined: Apr 9th, '08, 01:52
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by Zealousy » Jun 3rd, '08, 23:55

... I hate it when people are against American things, to me, it makes the look like a weeaboo. Japan copies alot of **** from America anyways.
Honey, honey, honey...

User avatar
Puppet Princess
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 15:27
Location: Hawaii

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 4th, '08, 01:25

Zealousy wrote:... I hate it when people are against American things, to me, it makes the look like a weeaboo. Japan copies alot of **** from America anyways.
Perhaps but my logic is, why redo something that's good the way it is?
I also hate American remakes of American movies. Sure most young people are culturally retarded and wont watch anything older than 5 years because that's just ancient.

But I have seen the original of a lot of these remakes.
The original Ocean's Eleven with the rat pack. Brilliant (and only one movie not three >_<) and the remake ruined the bittersweet irony of the whole thing. Sure they win in both version but my favorite scene in the original was the last part in the funeral home where they all watch the coffin full of money burn and laugh.

The Italian Job... has nothing to do with the original because it's not exactly a remake... but more like a sequel decades later.

Though I admit, I hated both versions of Cheaper By the Dozen and Your's Mine and Ours. So, though they tried to improve those... they didn't really.

skieproxy
Posts: 1
Joined: Jul 31st, '07, 02:15

Post by skieproxy » Jun 4th, '08, 01:43

As sorry as I am to say this.

The only way this movie would work would be if they came up with their own story and just left Raito (Light) and L out of it. Other wise it won't make any sense.

I mean all you need is another Shinigami to drop another Death Note, have someone find it, they don't even have to have a sense of justice. Maybe some serial killer finds it... and there you go.

I guess if they want, they can bring Near, Mello, and Matt in to catch the psychopath.

And there you have it, a some what decent movie if it's done right.

First Class Wota
Posts: 38
Joined: Apr 29th, '08, 23:43

Post by First Class Wota » Jun 4th, '08, 02:04

Well, I loved the Japanese ones so I will end up watching these just to check them out but honestly, I know for a fact it won't even come close.

User avatar
tsurashi313
Posts: 255
Joined: Jul 24th, '07, 18:30

Post by tsurashi313 » Jun 4th, '08, 02:16

I like the manga, didn't like the Japanese live action at all and I might like the American one... who knows?
And why are people always going against American stuff? Everyone copies everyone. It's like the Japanese remaking The Devil from the Koreans (I think...). O:

But still that's cool for them remaking it and good luck for them. :D
Last edited by tsurashi313 on Jun 4th, '08, 21:37, edited 2 times in total.
Watching: Flower Boy Next Door, Galileo 2

plumblossoms
Posts: 14
Joined: Aug 27th, '07, 06:51

Post by plumblossoms » Jun 4th, '08, 02:29

Hm...I don't know if I would watch it... I'm quite attached to Death Note the original version :lol

gakirin
Posts: 2
Joined: Jan 31st, '07, 20:42
Location: Boston, the states

Post by gakirin » Jun 4th, '08, 02:35

Puppet Princess wrote:
Zealousy wrote:... I hate it when people are against American things, to me, it makes the look like a weeaboo. Japan copies alot of **** from America anyways.
Perhaps but my logic is, why redo something that's good the way it is?
I also hate American remakes of American movies. Sure most young people are culturally retarded and wont watch anything older than 5 years because that's just ancient.

But I have seen the original of a lot of these remakes.
The original Ocean's Eleven with the rat pack. Brilliant (and only one movie not three >_<) and the remake ruined the bittersweet irony of the whole thing. Sure they win in both version but my favorite scene in the original was the last part in the funeral home where they all watch the coffin full of money burn and laugh.

The Italian Job... has nothing to do with the original because it's not exactly a remake... but more like a sequel decades later.

Though I admit, I hated both versions of Cheaper By the Dozen and Your's Mine and Ours. So, though they tried to improve those... they didn't really.

Battlestar Galactica
The Incredible Hulk coming out this year
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

And while we're on the topic of arguing whether or not america takes good movies and remakes them badly:

Infernal Affairs/The Departed




Ok so, both cultures steal from each other. We have japanophiles. You have "gangstas" wearing bling.

Why don't you all stop being prejudiced, sit down, and see that both parties are guilty of robbing the other of it's cultural practices for their own benefit.

But what you are failing to recognize is that this a good thing. We are both looking at one another's products and appreciating them, wanting to adapt them into our own world.

Now stop whining and appreciate how wonderful that is.
Last edited by gakirin on Jun 4th, '08, 02:37, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hafizadam
Posts: 130
Joined: Mar 29th, '07, 22:40
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Contact:

Post by hafizadam » Jun 4th, '08, 02:35

yeah, i think we get to see some kissing scene now..

lolz..
Image

User avatar
hafizadam
Posts: 130
Joined: Mar 29th, '07, 22:40
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Contact:

Post by hafizadam » Jun 4th, '08, 02:36

yeah, i think we get to see some kissing scene now..

even worse - sex..

American's films are not completed without these - that's why I luv Asian's (although they also have some kissing scene lol)
Image

User avatar
tsurashi313
Posts: 255
Joined: Jul 24th, '07, 18:30

Post by tsurashi313 » Jun 4th, '08, 03:14

^There were actually kissing scenes in Death Note manga but no sex - oh gosh that would be horrible. D:
Last edited by tsurashi313 on Jun 4th, '08, 03:16, edited 1 time in total.
Watching: Flower Boy Next Door, Galileo 2

User avatar
Puppet Princess
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 15:27
Location: Hawaii

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 4th, '08, 03:16

gakirin wrote:
Puppet Princess wrote:
Zealousy wrote:... I hate it when people are against American things, to me, it makes the look like a weeaboo. Japan copies alot of **** from America anyways.
Perhaps but my logic is, why redo something that's good the way it is?
I also hate American remakes of American movies. Sure most young people are culturally retarded and wont watch anything older than 5 years because that's just ancient.

But I have seen the original of a lot of these remakes.
The original Ocean's Eleven with the rat pack. Brilliant (and only one movie not three >_<) and the remake ruined the bittersweet irony of the whole thing. Sure they win in both version but my favorite scene in the original was the last part in the funeral home where they all watch the coffin full of money burn and laugh.

The Italian Job... has nothing to do with the original because it's not exactly a remake... but more like a sequel decades later.

Though I admit, I hated both versions of Cheaper By the Dozen and Your's Mine and Ours. So, though they tried to improve those... they didn't really.

Battlestar Galactica
The Incredible Hulk coming out this year
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.

And while we're on the topic of arguing whether or not america takes good movies and remakes them badly:

Infernal Affairs/The Departed
I give you Battlestar Galactica only because the original is super cheesey and cheap. Which is as good as scifi got back then.

But the first Incredible Hulk remake was complete shite so I have no hope for the next one. Even if they did get better actors.

User avatar
tsurashi313
Posts: 255
Joined: Jul 24th, '07, 18:30

Post by tsurashi313 » Jun 4th, '08, 03:19

Puppet Princess wrote:But the first Incredible Hulk remake was complete shite so I have no hope for the next one. Even if they did get better actors.
I agree - Edward Norton and Liv Tyler are the bomb :D, but the movie seems to be all about nothing. DX
Watching: Flower Boy Next Door, Galileo 2

User avatar
Puppet Princess
Posts: 1484
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 15:27
Location: Hawaii

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 4th, '08, 03:23

The first seemed to be two hours about... running...

tiny25
Posts: 7
Joined: Jun 5th, '06, 05:15

Post by tiny25 » Jun 4th, '08, 03:25

quite excited lolz since the japanese movie death note wasn't that awesome and not good at all too so if american thinks they can do better then I'll like to see actually but if they do a bad job then ......... they should re think about making death note

animelvr
Posts: 8
Joined: Jul 20th, '06, 01:20

Post by animelvr » Jun 4th, '08, 04:47

Why are you guys such jerks? If the U.S. wants to make a remake then so be it. I mean seriously, it's honestly nobody's business. Also, of course there shouldn't be a high expectations of a remake because it's a.... -drum roll- REMAKE! How many remakes out there have been good? How many Japanese remakes have screwed up? Remakes as a whole are not that easy for countless reasons, so stop complaining over here assuming it's going to be bad. The reason why remakes are said to be worse than they really are is because people watch it thinking it's going to be just like the previous one. China did tons of remakes of those legendary stuff; all countries did tons of sequels that are crap, so umm... let's think for a second... GET OVER IT!

I don't have high expectations of this because it's a remake and I never have high expectations for remakes. Since it was "quietly revealed", I'm thinking they are still at the planning process of whether it should be a total remake or what. The Japanese are more... I don't know how to explain this... but the Japanese wold probably believe in Shinigami and stuff more than the U.S.; U.S. is probably more "realistic" so it's going to be kind of difficult to "Americanize" it. But then again, Pirates were extremely popular before and now Vampires, so you never know. I just hope it will be watachable, but it's a remake so we can't have high expectations in the first. Then again, you never know, they could actually plan it really well.

User avatar
ranjitha
Posts: 220
Joined: Oct 5th, '07, 12:16
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by ranjitha » Jun 4th, '08, 04:55

an amercian death note book?

Well counting on that
the Japanese were the originals
they are better in graphics
and they own horror/sic-fi movies

i can't see the american ver. winning
but they could if they followed the manga unlike the Japanese did.
And americans aren't that bad in graphics but hope the person who's
making it , could afford it!
And ....

OKOK americans ver. is gonna SUCK
no offense but no matter how good they act or how
good their graphics is, they could NEVER pull off a horror movie!
I mean seriously!

They are good is bringing in the suspense but, the horror part,
they SUCK at it!
SERIOUSLY no offense

Other than that
i have to agree with gakirin

Both countries has copied each others product,
America rules in music >>>>>> so Japanese copied it
[They are good at it too, so i don't know why]
Japanese rules in horror movies >>>>>> America copies it
[They are good in suspense and Disgust able movies (ex.SAW) so i still don't get it]

goygakgoy
Posts: 478
Joined: Jun 5th, '05, 21:10

Post by goygakgoy » Jun 4th, '08, 04:58

It's no doubt that there are a lot of ppl in this world that just don't want to look at Asians on the screen. If u take all of the top American movies and put in Asian actors...the movies would fail.

With that being said, I don't think it'll do as well in America. The taste is different and part of the draw for Death Note are the Japanese ppl.

User avatar
steev-sama
Posts: 13
Joined: Sep 8th, '07, 15:57
Location: USA

Post by steev-sama » Jun 4th, '08, 05:02

Every country copies things from other countries and there are many examples of bad/great remakes. So those arguments are retarded at best.

As for America making a remake for Death Note, I'm doubtful that it will be very good, unless they stick to the original manga. I might have been one of the few, but I found the Death Note movies a bit disappointing. If the remake does a good job and doesn't stick all American actors in it, then it might be good. I would like to see real nationalities come out here, L is English after all.

I doubt they will do that though.. Most likely they will rewrite the story to take place in NY City or have an non-Asian actors go to Japan. Maybe they will do what they did in the movie War, cast some obviously Chinese actors to play Japanese people, the movie was already bad enough before they did that.

First Class Wota
Posts: 38
Joined: Apr 29th, '08, 23:43

Post by First Class Wota » Jun 4th, '08, 05:02

I'd seriously like to know what was "wrong" with the Deathnote Live Action that some people are saying wasn't good. It sounds like you are just saying **** for no reason. I would really like to know what you didn't like about it because I found it very entertaining and I know it got great reviews. I don't see where you have room to say it wasn't good.

User avatar
biniBningPunkista
Posts: 1036
Joined: Jun 17th, '06, 14:31
Location: inside toma's closet
Contact:

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jun 4th, '08, 05:55

i'm deeply curious on how it would turn out...
they are a lot of movies and dramas being turned into re-makes.
i heard about Sassy girl being turned into an American remake to.
(the casting was pretty bad though...)
hopefully they make a better casting this time for death note.
i still haven't seen the Jmovie yet but i've seen the cast and they all look pretty good to me.
actors usually brings a lot into a movie, even if the plotting and sets are sucky, but if you got REALLY good actors, the movie goes along pretty well.

longtailedmonkey
Posts: 9
Joined: Aug 8th, '07, 15:06

Post by longtailedmonkey » Jun 4th, '08, 06:04

skieproxy wrote:As sorry as I am to say this.

The only way this movie would work would be if they came up with their own story and just left Raito (Light) and L out of it. Other wise it won't make any sense.

I mean all you need is another Shinigami to drop another Death Note, have someone find it, they don't even have to have a sense of justice. Maybe some serial killer finds it... and there you go.

I guess if they want, they can bring Near, Mello, and Matt in to catch the psychopath.

And there you have it, a some what decent movie if it's done right.
Yes, you've a point there. I mean, seriously, who can beat Matsuyama and Fujiwara's acting? Especially Matsuyama Kenichi's. If the story's gonna be the same, then they might as well invite those two to act in English. Add Toda Erika in as well.

Ah... well... I still love Death Note as it is. It's a fascinating story, even my parents love it. Have to say, the Japanese version will be hard to beat for the plain reason that it is the original.

Imagine the internet community buzzing about "KILLER". It won't sound nice, would it? Kira sounds just perfect. Kanpeki. :D

User avatar
Karate-ka
Posts: 653
Joined: Sep 19th, '07, 15:18
Location: Netherlands, in a town called Brunssum

Post by Karate-ka » Jun 4th, '08, 06:45

America lost their shine as good original Movie makers. Im more having problem with credits. I mean if people watch this there is big chance some NOOB GONNA SAY Deathnote is one awsome AMERICAN MOVIE! with out knowing its original Japanese as the concept goes.

Power Ranger(and i bet this has been said million times) Is not even original from America, its from Japan known as Super Sentai and yet there are people (noobs) saying that Japan couldnt make that!
Even though the proof is out there!!!

And anime here in holland we get either dutch dubs or english dubs, and people start to think its original american.

I know people who dont even know that Pokemon and Dragon Ball are from Japan while the media had said it for billion times over and over again.

Almost every generation if they dont look it up, they start to assume its from america.
Pretty white t-shirt and pair of jeans, thats all real man need ya know(No they need a job and a Diploma)
Image

User avatar
shannobi
Posts: 124
Joined: Aug 30th, '07, 10:50
Location: MIA

Post by shannobi » Jun 4th, '08, 08:35

Oh no they didn't. I wonder how it'll go, because sometimes the CGI in American movies are good. It has potential to be considered a GOOD remake, if they do it right. And hopefully, they do.

But most likely, they'll 'Hollywood' it, so yeah. :/

sarara
Posts: 17
Joined: Sep 29th, '07, 10:49

Post by sarara » Jun 4th, '08, 08:59

Americans makes they own movies, 'cause they don't understand anything else language or they cannot read english, that's the raeson why they have to make own movies.

Dark Water is originally japanese, so is Ring

User avatar
wuff
Posts: 184
Joined: Feb 12th, '07, 18:30
Location: Hungary - Miskolc

Post by wuff » Jun 4th, '08, 09:12

can I have a question? I think I have dropped behind, because it says there are "three live-action films in Japan". 3? I know only about two. which one is the third?

by the way, I will definitely watch the American version of DN, because I am very curious.
there is the Japanese Shall We Dance movie, which was also made into an American one and I liked much better the latest one, perhaps because of Richard Gere... :wub: (So many people hate him saying that he hasn't got talent, but he is really cool in Pretty Woman.) :heart:

oh, and I almost forgot! : there will be the American Dragonball movie soon... which must be -definitely- a horror!!! :crazy:

sarara
Posts: 17
Joined: Sep 29th, '07, 10:49

Post by sarara » Jun 4th, '08, 09:38

[quote="wuff"]can I have a question? I think I have dropped behind, because it says there are "three live-action films in Japan". 3? I know only about two. which one is the third?


Third is the "L change the WorLd"

User avatar
Mr_Kyoling
Posts: 48
Joined: Aug 11th, '06, 20:11
Location: Spain
Contact:

Post by Mr_Kyoling » Jun 4th, '08, 09:47

Ok so, both cultures steal from each other. We have japanophiles. You have "gangstas" wearing bling.
Bling-bling! Hey, we have both, Japanophiles and "gangstas" (mostly from South-Eastern Europe) :mrgreen:

Okay, I'll stop being retarded. But you guys made me want a film noir remake of the Death Note live action.
ジャニーズJr. 全員フルチン ☆

User avatar
wuff
Posts: 184
Joined: Feb 12th, '07, 18:30
Location: Hungary - Miskolc

Post by wuff » Jun 4th, '08, 10:25

sarara wrote:
wuff wrote:can I have a question? I think I have dropped behind, because it says there are "three live-action films in Japan". 3? I know only about two. which one is the third?


Third is the "L change the WorLd"


oh my god! I have never heard about it! thanks a lot for the information, I am going to search for it on the internet. thanks again!

sarara
Posts: 17
Joined: Sep 29th, '07, 10:49

Post by sarara » Jun 4th, '08, 14:25

wuff wrote:
sarara wrote:
wuff wrote:can I have a question? I think I have dropped behind, because it says there are "three live-action films in Japan". 3? I know only about two. which one is the third?


Third is the "L change the WorLd"


oh my god! I have never heard about it! thanks a lot for the information, I am going to search for it on the internet. thanks again!


If you find it,( i haven't) can you tell me? :D

nikochanr3
Posts: 608
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 4th, '08, 15:12

i love it. the manga is great, but the movie adaptions are just ok. they are great if you LOVE death note, but as movies, they aren't anything special. i'd welcome a japanese remake.

aside from the casting of L and Light, what about the originals is so great (movie wise)?
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

nikochanr3
Posts: 608
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 4th, '08, 15:15

Karate-ka wrote:America lost their shine as good original Movie makers. Im more having problem with credits. I mean if people watch this there is big chance some NOOB GONNA SAY Deathnote is one awsome AMERICAN MOVIE! with out knowing its original Japanese as the concept goes.

Power Ranger(and i bet this has been said million times) Is not even original from America, its from Japan known as Super Sentai and yet there are people (noobs) saying that Japan couldnt make that!
Even though the proof is out there!!!

And anime here in holland we get either dutch dubs or english dubs, and people start to think its original american.

I know people who dont even know that Pokemon and Dragon Ball are from Japan while the media had said it for billion times over and over again.

Almost every generation if they dont look it up, they start to assume its from america.
a lot of japanese kids when they are small think McDonalds is a japanese chain of restaurants. every county is like that. the world doesn't end.

If there is no remake, chances are 95% of the world will never hear of the original, thus have no chance of checking it out even if they want to. sometimes i think japanophiles just want everything to themselves. i have american friends who sought out japanese horror movies due to remakes, but they'd never do that without the remake.

the remake doesn't make the original anything except just the original. ill love sassy girl to the end of time, even after it gets americanized and sucks. hell, in korea they made a crappy semi sequel, which i saw, banged my head, and still loved the original.
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

User avatar
saby
Posts: 238
Joined: Jun 28th, '07, 08:50

Post by saby » Jun 4th, '08, 15:26

do they really have to copy evrything ??????!! gosh they have no imagination or what

I really hate how they make big money thanks to the movies that arent even theirs

I bet manypeople who are going to watch DEATH NOTE (american version) wont even know that its a japanese movie ......

User avatar
littledraci
Posts: 503
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 20:25
Location: Germany

Post by littledraci » Jun 4th, '08, 16:04

O.o What bother's me most of the time is, that they'll never give credits to the originals..*no matter if american or japanese/korean/etc.*

I'm not a fan of remakes in general - no matter from where - even so I still hope that it will lead to more popularity of the original.8)
You sure can make something better *and sadly - but more than true - even worse* than the original.. with the right actors/directors and writer... but how can you put something about the 'japanese ghosts' into an american way of movie?

User avatar
Karate-ka
Posts: 653
Joined: Sep 19th, '07, 15:18
Location: Netherlands, in a town called Brunssum

Post by Karate-ka » Jun 4th, '08, 16:27

saby wrote:do they really have to copy evrything ??????!! gosh they have no imagination or what

I really hate how they make big money thanks to the movies that arent even theirs

I bet manypeople who are going to watch DEATH NOTE (american version) wont even know that its a japanese movie ......
That wil happen only if they dotn look it up but unfortunatly most people dotn.
Pretty white t-shirt and pair of jeans, thats all real man need ya know(No they need a job and a Diploma)
Image

nikochanr3
Posts: 608
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 4th, '08, 17:07

Karate-ka wrote:
saby wrote:do they really have to copy evrything ??????!! gosh they have no imagination or what

I really hate how they make big money thanks to the movies that arent even theirs

I bet manypeople who are going to watch DEATH NOTE (american version) wont even know that its a japanese movie ......
That wil happen only if they dotn look it up but unfortunatly most people dotn.
yes, but that happens either way. the remake, good or bad, does stimulate some interest in the original which would not normally be there. its not like death note the original would get mass released here if the remake was not done.

everything gets remade, redone. either in the home country or abroad. ive learned to try my best to educate people about the originals, and let people know when they are abysmal.

ill give you an example, SHALL WE DANCE. Movie BOMBED. Sucked badly. YET, it was the first time a good dvd copy of the original was released in the US, and it sold well.

So the remake, awful idea, awful execution, but it let a few more people see the original, so ill live even though it gave me serious head pain.
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

User avatar
biniBningPunkista
Posts: 1036
Joined: Jun 17th, '06, 14:31
Location: inside toma's closet
Contact:

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jun 4th, '08, 17:21

that is the sad reality of movie making this days... nothing is REALLY original as it seems anymore.
why? people get their ideas from someone else's idea and the internet also a spawn of it.
it would be really surprising if all ideas came from one head.
sometimes its funny when you are into old movies like the 60's or 70's back then movies weren't that popular since not everyone can afford it.
but then out of no where in this time you would suddenly see a concept from that same old movie... its a cycle. and it would be rather hard to break.

back to the main topic, death note movie.
i saw the original version being advertised as a trailer in American Theaters which was really funny... because i have no idea why they decided to do it. then upon reading this thread, the realization just kicked in. they had to advertise the original one because they are going to have a remake. does it sound absurd? for me it is... kind of.

nikochanr3
Posts: 608
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 4th, '08, 17:34

biniBningPunkista wrote:that is the sad reality of movie making this days... nothing is REALLY original as it seems anymore.
why? people get their ideas from someone else's idea and the internet also a spawn of it.
it would be really surprising if all ideas came from one head.
sometimes its funny when you are into old movies like the 60's or 70's back then movies weren't that popular since not everyone can afford it.
but then out of no where in this time you would suddenly see a concept from that same old movie... its a cycle. and it would be rather hard to break.

back to the main topic, death note movie.
i saw the original version being advertised as a trailer in American Theaters which was really funny... because i have no idea why they decided to do it. then upon reading this thread, the realization just kicked in. they had to advertise the original one because they are going to have a remake. does it sound absurd? for me it is... kind of.
you are wrong on the reason for showing the original. Viz released the original on DVD and is showing it around the country to get some press. It's very liminted. NY has it as part of the annual asian film festival.

Warner Bros owns the right to the American release. I work here, we don't ahve any deal with Viz in place, and the movie is so far off (no director, no cast, no script) that they wouldn't do anything now.

And does everyone realize EVERYTHING gets remade, updated, modernized all over the world? its not just asian movies in america, its everything everywhere. we live in the time of the remake.
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

Chrisswe
Posts: 38
Joined: Nov 15th, '06, 16:31
Location: Sweden

Post by Chrisswe » Jun 4th, '08, 17:37

I trule believe that the remake will be better than the original. When it comes to CGI and special effects japan are not even close to Hollywood. Death Note really suffered from bad CGI I think, but I still liked the movie.

Stop being such fanbois and cry about how they copy good movies. Arent you glad other people can enjoy the same story? Maybe not all americans like asian films, let them make their remake and if you dont like it, dont watch it.

User avatar
tsurashi313
Posts: 255
Joined: Jul 24th, '07, 18:30

Post by tsurashi313 » Jun 4th, '08, 17:43

^I totally agree.
First Class Wota wrote:I'd seriously like to know what was "wrong" with the Deathnote Live Action that some people are saying wasn't good. It sounds like you are just saying **** for no reason. I would really like to know what you didn't like about it because I found it very entertaining and I know it got great reviews. I don't see where you have room to say it wasn't good.
I thought it was weird and boring. But isn't it the same thing as people talking crap about Americans or their remakes?
Watching: Flower Boy Next Door, Galileo 2

User avatar
biniBningPunkista
Posts: 1036
Joined: Jun 17th, '06, 14:31
Location: inside toma's closet
Contact:

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jun 4th, '08, 17:44

nikochanr3 wrote: you are wrong on the reason for showing the original. Viz released the original on DVD and is showing it around the country to get some press. It's very liminted. NY has it as part of the annual asian film festival.

Warner Bros owns the right to the American release. I work here, we don't ahve any deal with Viz in place, and the movie is so far off (no director, no cast, no script) that they wouldn't do anything now.

And does everyone realize EVERYTHING gets remade, updated, modernized all over the world? its not just asian movies in america, its everything everywhere. we live in the time of the remake.
eh? now im getting pretty confused here... :scratch: what does warner bro. got to do with the release of Death Note movie? i thought Vertigo was the one who's going to remake "Death Note" for U.S? are they working with W.B. then? and when you say you work here, does that mean you work with WB or in US specifically?

User avatar
Marieluna
Posts: 38
Joined: Jul 11th, '07, 07:45
Location: Little island in the Caribeans!

Post by Marieluna » Jun 4th, '08, 17:46

Its going to be another horror! To see a japanese movie been ruing in american ground!

The only movie that wasnt that bad was the Grudge (only because the japanese director was their also, if not it would have been another crappy Ring...) and I havent even seen the second part yet!
Image

nikochanr3
Posts: 608
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 4th, '08, 17:53

biniBningPunkista wrote:
nikochanr3 wrote: you are wrong on the reason for showing the original. Viz released the original on DVD and is showing it around the country to get some press. It's very liminted. NY has it as part of the annual asian film festival.

Warner Bros owns the right to the American release. I work here, we don't ahve any deal with Viz in place, and the movie is so far off (no director, no cast, no script) that they wouldn't do anything now.

And does everyone realize EVERYTHING gets remade, updated, modernized all over the world? its not just asian movies in america, its everything everywhere. we live in the time of the remake.
eh? now im getting pretty confused here... :scratch: what does warner bro. got to do with the release of Death Note movie? i thought Vertigo was the one who's going to remake "Death Note" for U.S? are they working with W.B. then? and when you say you work here, does that mean you work with WB or in US specifically?
if i'm wrong correct me and i super duper aploligize, but vertigo studios makes and release movies via Warner. It's not a separate studio. it's more a relationship like newline (bad example).

my point was just two things, one - its WAY too early to worry about promoting the project, and 2 - the american rights to a script/film and the viz japanese rights are separate.

note: :salut: i agree on the crappy remakes and they hurt me too, but i think its looked at almsot like its ruining the original, or its JUST americans remaking foreign things, and both things are 100% not true. everyone has taken original material, remade it, and ground up everything that made it cool and original.

btw, do you all LOVE the original MOVIE (not manga) to the point you dont want a remake? i LOVE the manga (up till it goes off the rails in volume 7) but the movies, they were good but certainly not fantastic.
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

User avatar
wuff
Posts: 184
Joined: Feb 12th, '07, 18:30
Location: Hungary - Miskolc

Post by wuff » Jun 4th, '08, 19:13

sarara wrote:
wuff wrote:oh my god! I have never heard about it! thanks a lot for the information, I am going to search for it on the internet. thanks again!
If you find it,( i haven't) can you tell me? :D


it is not available on the internet yet - if I searched well... :D
because it was released in this year, February in Japan. but you can watch some videos from it on youtube. :-)

nikochanr3
Posts: 608
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 4th, '08, 19:16

wait until the HK version of the DVD comes out (there is one scheduled) then it will be all over. i know we cant post movies here, but if i see it, we can psot we KNOW where it is and PM each other, thats what i will do.
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

User avatar
wuff
Posts: 184
Joined: Feb 12th, '07, 18:30
Location: Hungary - Miskolc

Post by wuff » Jun 4th, '08, 20:17

nikochanr3 wrote:wait until the HK version of the DVD comes out (there is one scheduled) then it will be all over. i know we cant post movies here, but if i see it, we can psot we KNOW where it is and PM each other, thats what i will do.


Thanks a lot! I have known that DA is full of kind people!!! :) :thumright:

kawaiimomo
Posts: 129
Joined: Mar 24th, '07, 19:13

Post by kawaiimomo » Jun 4th, '08, 20:50

hey sorry if this has already been asked before but when Death Note (the original) was release for 2 nights in america did a lot of people go see it? is that why hollywood wants to do a remake? cause i really wanted to watch it when it came out in theaters but i missed it since it only for 2 days!!!! :-( anyways i'm still probably gonna watch the remake even though theres i high chance its gonna be crap.

longtailedmonkey
Posts: 9
Joined: Aug 8th, '07, 15:06

Post by longtailedmonkey » Jun 4th, '08, 21:00

Ne... I really think the remake won't be a bad idea. I mean, I'd love to have Matsuyama Kenichi in it!!!!!! I know that's a mad idea. But well... after givin it some thought, why not?

Cause it's such a great story, I think a remake can spread it to more people. More people can enjoy it!

As they say, remakes never beat the real thing. The people who are wiling to make the remake know it as well, they'll try their best to do justice to the original. It's not a crime, it's just enjoying the story more...

hahahhaha..... Gosh... I think i'll check it out. Even if there ain't no L or Kira (Matsu and Fujiwara)....... T.T......

Kazuya_
Posts: 141
Joined: Jun 30th, '07, 10:32
Contact:

Post by Kazuya_ » Jun 4th, '08, 21:08

Anytime anything gets adapted or remade, folks come out and say that the country doing the remaking has no originality and should just stick to their own forms of media or entertainment. This is really just silly.

Japan didn't create animation or comic books and certainly didn't create movies or CGI. So aren't japanese creators just as guilty of ripping off another's works? Heck, this is a drama forum and yet japanese ( as well as other countries ) adapt many of the shows of late from anime, manga or books. It's not such a big deal. Some are good adaptations, some not so much.

The fact is creators and artists are influenced by all sorts of outside sources. Creativity is not spawned in a vacuum. It's happened before and it'll happen again. No need to get into this debate each and every time.

Personally, I think japanese hip-hop and j-rock are for the most part, terrible. But I don't listen to it. It's just that simple.

If you're not interested in ________ ( insert name of currently remade or adapted media here ), just don't watch it.

User avatar
Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 780
Joined: Mar 26th, '05, 08:35
Location: Seoul, South Korea (whooooza!)

Post by Néa Vanille » Jun 4th, '08, 21:18

American The Ring > Japanese The Ring in my (unpopular) opinion (it just scared me a lot more. I guess I like less subtle horror. The special effects were also a lot better, and the American version added a lot of scares the original didn't have).

Therefore, the remake of DN may very well be a good idea. I thought the DN movies were pretty bad myself, especially compared to the brilliant anime. The music, direction, character portrayal etc. was just so flawless in the anime the live version seemed bloodless - and I thought the main character was way too ugly to be playing Ligh!

pixiegirl50
Posts: 3
Joined: Apr 8th, '07, 02:42
Location: little place called earth

Post by pixiegirl50 » Jun 4th, '08, 21:18

Alot of stuff gets adapted or remade because the story is a great story! Good stories should be shared across the globe :D . I mean how many times will Romeo and Juliet be made and remade across the world!

User avatar
biniBningPunkista
Posts: 1036
Joined: Jun 17th, '06, 14:31
Location: inside toma's closet
Contact:

Post by biniBningPunkista » Jun 5th, '08, 16:54

nikochanr3 wrote:if i'm wrong correct me and i super duper aploligize, but vertigo studios makes and release movies via Warner. It's not a separate studio. it's more a relationship like newline (bad example).

my point was just two things, one - its WAY too early to worry about promoting the project, and 2 - the american rights to a script/film and the viz japanese rights are separate.

note: :salut: i agree on the crappy remakes and they hurt me too, but i think its looked at almsot like its ruining the original, or its JUST americans remaking foreign things, and both things are 100% not true. everyone has taken original material, remade it, and ground up everything that made it cool and original.

btw, do you all LOVE the original MOVIE (not manga) to the point you dont want a remake? i LOVE the manga (up till it goes off the rails in volume 7) but the movies, they were good but certainly not fantastic.
i honestly haven't seen the original movie, but i definitely followed the manga till the end. the manga rocked that's how i would say about it. but if we talk about the movie trailer wise, i would say Death Note looked pretty interesting. although... the demon who follows the kira was unrealistic. that's what i would comment about the trailer, but the casting seemed pretty good.

pixiegirl50 wrote:Alot of stuff gets adapted or remade because the story is a great story! Good stories should be shared across the globe :D . I mean how many times will Romeo and Juliet be made and remade across the world!
hey... i like the way you look at things. really optimistic ^_^v

nikochanr3
Posts: 608
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 5th, '08, 18:23

biniBningPunkista wrote:
nikochanr3 wrote:if i'm wrong correct me and i super duper aploligize, but vertigo studios makes and release movies via Warner. It's not a separate studio. it's more a relationship like newline (bad example).

my point was just two things, one - its WAY too early to worry about promoting the project, and 2 - the american rights to a script/film and the viz japanese rights are separate.

note: :salut: i agree on the crappy remakes and they hurt me too, but i think its looked at almsot like its ruining the original, or its JUST americans remaking foreign things, and both things are 100% not true. everyone has taken original material, remade it, and ground up everything that made it cool and original.

btw, do you all LOVE the original MOVIE (not manga) to the point you dont want a remake? i LOVE the manga (up till it goes off the rails in volume 7) but the movies, they were good but certainly not fantastic.
i honestly haven't seen the original movie, but i definitely followed the manga till the end. the manga rocked that's how i would say about it. but if we talk about the movie trailer wise, i would say Death Note looked pretty interesting. although... the demon who follows the kira was unrealistic. that's what i would comment about the trailer, but the casting seemed pretty good.

pixiegirl50 wrote:Alot of stuff gets adapted or remade because the story is a great story! Good stories should be shared across the globe :D . I mean how many times will Romeo and Juliet be made and remade across the world!
hey... i like the way you look at things. really optimistic ^_^v
i think if you love the manga, you'll really like some things in the movie, and really HATE some other things. some choices in the movie i didn't like, specifically the introduction of Misa, which in the comic is one of the great kick ass moments of all time. Honestly, couldn't see that comiing, and it was SO cool. in the movies, they way they go about it pretty much takes thes suprise away. Still, if you are a big death note fan, what are you waiting for! Watch it!! Are you having trouble finding it to watch?

IMO the definitive Death Note movie has yet to be made. it could be a great movie, it has killer source material to work with.
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

nikochanr3
Posts: 608
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 5th, '08, 18:24

pixiegirl50 wrote:Alot of stuff gets adapted or remade because the story is a great story! Good stories should be shared across the globe :D . I mean how many times will Romeo and Juliet be made and remade across the world!
there are remakes of reinterpetations of Romeo and Juliet. haha...remakes of remakes of remakes...
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

Rooster_KooL
Posts: 3
Joined: Jan 29th, '07, 18:33

Post by Rooster_KooL » Jun 7th, '08, 12:25

Karate-ka wrote:
saby wrote:do they really have to copy evrything ??????!! gosh they have no imagination or what

I really hate how they make big money thanks to the movies that arent even theirs

I bet manypeople who are going to watch DEATH NOTE (american version) wont even know that its a japanese movie ......
That wil happen only if they dotn look it up but unfortunatly most people dotn.

Yeah....I really agree...even Hollywood give credit to Japan, but when those people don't really know it original from American. Yeah Hollywood will get advantage from Death Note which the way it is. I hate the way they earn $ from other.

nikochanr3
Posts: 608
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 7th, '08, 14:42

The remakes that hurt my head are the one's that won't work, so they just change them 100%, and make a new movie, with the same name. see later this year, MY SASSY GIRL, a film that 100% was lightning in a bottle and worked because of the chemistry of the leads. how do i justify not doing this? :cussing: One thing - DVD. We will FINALLY get a clean print, kick ass DVD copy of the original once the crappy remake comes out. t

btw, to me the best / worst (interesting) remake example was THE PULSE. It was an awful japanese film that had no ending (its one of those movies thats slow moving, thoughtful, but a total mess that people justify as being good by saying its "artsy"). the american remake is a total popcorn flick. totally and utterly awful in a totally different way.

they are great bookends. awful japanese meets awful american. :cheers: they should release them together in a 2 dvd package.
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

User avatar
joykimlee
Posts: 139
Joined: Mar 10th, '07, 21:30
Location: Hong Kong
Contact:

Post by joykimlee » Jun 7th, '08, 19:52

Sad to know US remaking this. Noone can beat Matsuyama Kenichi's portrayal of L. Regardless, i'll still watch it for the sake of Death Note.

Karamelli
Posts: 19
Joined: Jun 8th, '08, 07:31
Location: Germany

Post by Karamelli » Jun 8th, '08, 07:53

all they can do is remake.. that's so lame, they have no ideas on their own <.<
but i guess i probably end up watching it someday just to see if it's as bad as i expect it to be =P

Takekaze
Posts: 62
Joined: Oct 7th, '06, 08:13

Post by Takekaze » Jun 9th, '08, 05:45

Remakes = bad
Hollywood remakes = pure and utter garbage

Just take Flight of the Phoenix... ugh...

Not even remotely interested in this one. I mean, take the lead. Fujiwara Tatsuya is one hell of an actor (you should see him on stage, really) and a real actor (he's doing stage, anyone can do movies, but stage is different, it's live), unlike the majority of those overpaid idiots that run around in Hollywood. I'm barely watching any Hollywood movies anymore, and that shouldn't come as a surprise. If I would tell you, that the last Hollywood movie I watched was "The Cheyenne Social Club", what would you say? A pity, the giants in Hollywood are either dead or dying. Damn, Clint Eastwood is almost 80... Heston died earlier this year. Jimmy Stewart's (I LOVE him) been dead for a while. And what comes after them? Adam Sandler, Orlando Bloom, Hayden Christiansen... please shoot me...

nikochanr3
Posts: 608
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 10th, '08, 13:00

whats the worst that happens? there is a remake. it sucks. we get lots of rereleased death note stuff in the US to try to take advantage of movie. people who didnt know about death note before think it sucks instead. OMG. The horror...

i love the little insulated world people live in sometimes. MOST people dont watch the same stuff we do. its not made exclusively for us. the owners of the material are free to ship it wherever they like. they could make 7,000 crappy death note remakes and ill still love the original material. who cares?
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

User avatar
GoddessCarlie
Posts: 277
Joined: May 3rd, '07, 03:43
Location: Australia
Contact:

Post by GoddessCarlie » Jun 10th, '08, 23:53

I hope they do a good job. It's a long shot, considering Hollywood's record, but there is hope. But I hope they do a good job. I love Japanese movies, but I could only watch half of the movie version of this, I was a bit bored to tears and thought it brought nothing new. I think an American version could be fresh, it could work. Fingers crossed.
Image

User avatar
pn0yb0i
Posts: 272
Joined: May 27th, '07, 15:55
Location: USA, Southern California, Los Angeles

Post by pn0yb0i » Jun 11th, '08, 01:15

Ill keep mine short.

I think it will fail and not live up to its content.

Much like Kamen Rider remakes in the U.S. (and other Tokusatsu as well) I thought they were all failures.

I'm not a very optimistic person am I :D.

User avatar
lomsie
Posts: 43
Joined: Sep 26th, '07, 18:47
Contact:

Post by lomsie » Jun 11th, '08, 23:38

i love the little insulated world people live in sometimes. MOST people dont watch the same stuff we do. its not made exclusively for us. the owners of the material are free to ship it wherever they like. they could make 7,000 crappy death note remakes and ill still love the original material. who cares?
Seconded.

Really, do you all really LOVE the movie that much? I thought the movie was complete crap. Yeah, yeah, there are great actors in there (except the girl who was Misa, I despise her, or all the characters she gets pushed into playing), but I found the movie really boring and uninteresting. The graphics for the shinigami were terrible, and I really disliked the character of Shiori, or whatever the hell her name was. Just a bad movie all around. This could be because I think the manga is so wonderful, that my expectations are really high. But the manga is the sh*t, yeah?

Let Hollywood make this movie, then you all can **** about it, then something else will come along within a month and you'll forget all about this "Hollywood Death Note".

If it were me, I'd be worried about Hollywood making a movie out of Ryu Murakami's Coin Locker Babies, a fantastic book. I'm worried about this one, as half of the proposed cast isn't Japanese....seriously.

nikochanr3
Posts: 608
Joined: Apr 22nd, '05, 02:48
Location: NY

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 12th, '08, 15:25

lomsie wrote:
i love the little insulated world people live in sometimes. MOST people dont watch the same stuff we do. its not made exclusively for us. the owners of the material are free to ship it wherever they like. they could make 7,000 crappy death note remakes and ill still love the original material. who cares?
Seconded.

Really, do you all really LOVE the movie that much? I thought the movie was complete crap. Yeah, yeah, there are great actors in there (except the girl who was Misa, I despise her, or all the characters she gets pushed into playing), but I found the movie really boring and uninteresting. The graphics for the shinigami were terrible, and I really disliked the character of Shiori, or whatever the hell her name was. Just a bad movie all around. This could be because I think the manga is so wonderful, that my expectations are really high. But the manga is the sh*t, yeah?

Let Hollywood make this movie, then you all can **** about it, then something else will come along within a month and you'll forget all about this "Hollywood Death Note".

If it were me, I'd be worried about Hollywood making a movie out of Ryu Murakami's Coin Locker Babies, a fantastic book. I'm worried about this one, as half of the proposed cast isn't Japanese....seriously.
i dont love the movie, i was making a general point. i love the manga. it hought the movie was ok, but definitely didnt do the manga justice. it was ok because the source material was great.
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

User avatar
morimoli
Posts: 14
Joined: Jun 7th, '08, 20:44
Contact:

Post by morimoli » Jun 12th, '08, 15:33

pixiegirl50 wrote:Alot of stuff gets adapted or remade because the story is a great story! Good stories should be shared across the globe :D . I mean how many times will Romeo and Juliet be made and remade across the world!
I totally agree, I don't get what everybody is upset about...
Movies get remade all the time, I don't see why it's a bad thing that Americans are trying to make their own version--that just means people who don't have the opportunity to see the Japanese version will have a chance to at least see something if they are a Death Note fan. It might suck, but you don't HAVE to go see it.

Isn't that what fansubbers and the fansubbing community support? Letting people across the world experience things they wouldn't be able to otherwise?
Image
Currently Watching: Buzzer Beat, Worlds Within, Konkatsu!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests