Japan Internet Law Regularization effect on Jdrama downloads

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
chocoLatte12

Japan Internet Law Regularization effect on Jdrama downloads

Post by chocoLatte12 » Jan 16th, '08, 06:20

Hi d-addicts,

I am sorry if there had been a similar post with this topic. I would like to share with you the current issue regarding current revisioning of downloading/uploading laws in Japan. Despite huge protest among the Japanese about this issue, Japanese government only replies: "officials have described the revision of copyright law as "inevitable."" - japantimes

Here's the detailed article. http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/ ... 116a1.html

I am not aware how people distribute jdrama videos but do you think this will put great effect on jdrama downloading? What do you guys think?

:-(

furransu

Post by furransu » Jan 16th, '08, 06:28

japanese people many dont use torrents, so d-addicts will be okay as long as people dont upload in youtube etc

people record and upload the shows on p2p programs :)

chocoLatte12

Post by chocoLatte12 » Jan 16th, '08, 06:32

furransu wrote:japanese people many dont use torrents, so d-addicts will be okay as long as people dont upload in youtube etc

people record and upload the shows on p2p programs :)
oh i see.. Do the uploaders do the upload in Japan? I read in some related articles that p2p will also be regulated by the government :( not just websites..

read the following article :(
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20 ... rking.html

quoted from arstechnica
"Finally, the proposals meant to target copyright infringement through P2P are the most invasive of the three. Currently, Japanese copyright law bars anyone from uploading copyrighted material to public websites, but the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (Monbukagakusho) has agreed to take a look at the law to see if it can't be taken a step further. Proponents of a tougher law have suggested that all copyrighted media make use of a unique watermark, and that any media that doesn't bear this mark would be considered "illegal.""