Jdrama-Jpop relations

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
nicha89

Jdrama-Jpop relations

Post by nicha89 » Sep 7th, '07, 02:45

I'm not sure if it's the right place to ask this but...please forgive me if I'm in the wrong board.

I'm wondering what you think about how Jdrama and Jpop are related. Like... they use j-music for opening/ending themes for dramas. They sometimes use idols as actors in dramas and use their music as the drama's theme song. I believe that's how some people got to know their favorite artists, at least I fell in love with YamaPi and, later, his music from watching Kurosagi. :lol I'm just thinking that the Japanese entertainment industry must be so huge and wide.

I only got 20-something posts right now hope u don't mind me starting a new thread! (I've been around here more than a year but just registered and rarely make posts)

thank u!
*~Image Image~*
- RabuRetta

sakr0

Post by sakr0 » Sep 12th, '07, 21:15

I love how Japanese dramas use actual songs for their openings and/or endings. This is a little bit off topic, but I love how there's a relation between anime and j-pop/j-rock as well, unlike American cartoons that often use dumb (and not well-thoughtout) jingle-like songs.

This is actually how I get exposed to a lot of Japanese artists, is through their anime, dramas, movies, and video games. Many cultures often use real songs for movies, but that doesn't mean that other forms of entertainment such as animation and television series, etc. should be left out in the cold. My bf and I have been watching jdramas for years now and found that our favorites usually have a really good soundtrack. :wub:

Sometimes if I find out that a singer is also acting in a drama that I'm currently enjoying, I would try and look them up online and hear what their music is like. It's great exposure for both the artists and the viewers of dramas, if you ask me.