Ever met a Japanese actor/actress?

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
Sayumi

Ever met a Japanese actor/actress?

Post by Sayumi » Aug 11th, '07, 17:24

since I'm totally into jdrama, since last year, I started to recognize many Japanese actors and actresses and I'm even able to remember their names :-) not that much of a big deal, but my parents do frown a bit when they hear me saying such a name

anyways, I started to like certain actors and actresses, and if there's a drama they're starring, I make sure to watch it, bcz I know on beforehand it might be worth the while
however though, I just like them bcz of the roles they play... I'm not really a know-all in acting skills, so I won't be able to say if they're pro-actors or not, but I like the characters they put forth, the kind of persons they play in all the dramas/movies

so I wanted to know if anyone ever met a Japanese actor or actress already, in real life, and what they were like :-) I don't really watch those drama 'specials' as in a backstage report of the drama, bcz first of all it's hard to find them (not that I really search for them though :P) and secondly bcz I don't understand enough japanese to understand what they're talking about. I know from those 'specials' you can get an idea of what they're like, but still... I guess it would be nice if you could meet an actor or actress you know and like, and be able to say 'hey! you did very well in ...' I dunno :) it just seems cool
since I live in Belgium there's NEVER gonna be a way I would ever meet them here, and the same counts if I go on a holiday to some other country. Or it would be an Asian country (preferably Japan), and they I míght have the chance to catch a glimpse. But gosh that would be awesome ^-^ I would so look forward to it

and no, I'm not a crazy fangirl, I'm just curious about how some actors and actresses are in real life, and just be able to say 'hey, I watched..., you were great!' that would be soo exciting, and that's about it :)

so, anyone got any experience with this already? :P

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Aug 11th, '07, 17:33

well i've never met one.. but i read that this girl went to japan and she was on the train and she saw kamezashi kazuya :lol :lol lucky ne? it isnt hard to find them out in the streets.. xD
Image Image

Sayumi

Post by Sayumi » Aug 11th, '07, 17:38

kozumifan wrote:well i've never met one.. but i read that this girl went to japan and she was on the train and she saw kamezashi kazuya :lol :lol lucky ne? it isnt hard to find them out in the streets.. xD
that would be cool yes :) and I don't know if it's hard to find them out on the street, I've never been to japan :P

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Aug 11th, '07, 17:41

i've never been there either.. i really want to go.. i might me able to see my idol over there!! :w00t: that would be great!!
Image Image

Lotikuma

Post by Lotikuma » Aug 11th, '07, 17:48

Yeah It would be so great!

Walking in Shibuya... Find YamaPi doing his shopping xD
Or Massu and Yushi together at the bowling! xD

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Aug 11th, '07, 17:52

Lotikuma wrote:Yeah It would be so great!

Walking in Shibuya... Find YamaPi doing his shopping xD
Or Massu and Yushi together at the bowling! xD
haha i though you said.. "or massu eating sushi" XD that would be great!!! i would go to koyama's ramen shop and eat there mwahaha and and and then i would see shoon walking or shopping :w00t: :w00t: :lol :lol
Image Image

Sayumi

Post by Sayumi » Aug 11th, '07, 19:31

you guys are total NewS-fans :P nothing bad about it :) I wonder if they actually knów that there are sooo many fans in other (non-asian) countries, won't they ever debute(is that how you say it?) in america or so, or europe? but I guess they see johnny's entertainment still too much as a japanese production meant to only entertain japanese people (and some other asian countries). Utadu Hikaru already released her cds in America, right? And I heard from a friend that little jrock-bands already came to perform in europe :)

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Aug 11th, '07, 19:35

well when was it?? i think it was either february or april.. but dir en grey cme to FLORIDA!! and i wnted to go see them.. but my mom wouldnt lemme go.. i also know that HYDE was in LA right??

Kashini

Post by Kashini » Aug 11th, '07, 19:39

Well, I've met Tegoshi & Massu from News. They're actors too so I guess it counts? xD
I met them on the fanevent when they were in Sweden as Tegomass :wub:
Or I didn't really meet them and talked to them, just shook their hands and watched them performing xD
Some people talked to them, and I could've said anything if I wanted, but I was too shy and shocked I guess. :wub:
Last edited by Kashini on Aug 11th, '07, 19:43, edited 1 time in total.

Sayumi

Post by Sayumi » Aug 11th, '07, 19:42

Kashini wrote:Well, I've met Tegoshi & Massu from News. They're actors too so I guess it counts? xD
Or I didn't really meet them, just shook their hands and watched them performing xD
Some people talked to them, and I could've said anything if I wanted, but I was too shy and shocked I guess. :wub:
In SWEDEN??? :blink wowies! lucky you!! I think I would be too shocked too :lol

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Aug 11th, '07, 19:43

haha lucky you! i wish i could meet them.. or ever shake hands **

Kashini

Post by Kashini » Aug 11th, '07, 19:48

Sayumi wrote:
Kashini wrote:Well, I've met Tegoshi & Massu from News. They're actors too so I guess it counts? xD
Or I didn't really meet them, just shook their hands and watched them performing xD
Yeah, they released a single in Sweden since a lot of swedes write and compose songs for people in johnnys, and especially News :thumleft:

Sayumi

Post by Sayumi » Aug 11th, '07, 20:31

Kashini wrote:
Sayumi wrote:
Yeah, they released a single in Sweden since a lot of swedes write and compose songs for people in johnnys, and especially News :thumleft:
cool :) I didn't have a clue 'bout that

kozumifan

Post by kozumifan » Aug 11th, '07, 20:40

yeah the miso soup single..

miso soup i feel ur loving :note:
i really like the song <33
Image Image

Eternal Snow

Post by Eternal Snow » Aug 11th, '07, 20:49

Or I didn't really meet them and talked to them, just shook their hands and watched them performing xD
wow~ u r soo lucky!! XD i wish i could see them too!! hopefully when i got to Japan.. :mrgreen:

i wonder how they communicated with ppl there?? did they have translators with them? :scratch: as far as i know they`re not that good in English?? or am i wrong? :unsure:

Lotikuma

Post by Lotikuma » Aug 11th, '07, 21:12

Uwa~~ Lucky!!
If I see Massu, i want to touch his chubby cheeks! xD

I don't know if they are good in english. Maybe. ( Yushi's " Believe xD ). Massu likes English so maybe his engllish is good

Alecsa-chan

Post by Alecsa-chan » Aug 11th, '07, 21:15

I am also from Europe and i don't even DARE to dream of meeting japanese actors and/or actress *sniff sniff*

Tegoshi and Massu in Sweden? :w00t: *faints* I know that Shun Oguri was in London one or 2 years ago, can't remember exactly. He actually played in an act of Shakespeare. Too bad i started watching doramas late in 2006 :cry:

And how lucky can one be to see Kamenashi Kazuya from the train?! I wish i could see him in person :w00t:

Do you think that the Johnny Boys will still be on stage in 2013? At the age of 25 i plan on going to Japan so that'd be in 2013 :lol

Sayumi

Post by Sayumi » Aug 11th, '07, 21:39

Alecsa-chan wrote: Do you think that the Johnny Boys will still be on stage in 2013? At the age of 25 i plan on going to Japan so that'd be in 2013 :lol
haha :lol maybe not as NewS or KAT-TUN or whatever, but I'm sure they'll be still singing and dancing like before :)

and shun in london? omg >.< I wish I wasn't living in such a dull country as belgium :( bands or ppl never seem to come here :P

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Aug 12th, '07, 06:45

Hmm... I've worked personally with a musician/actor who's name rhymes with アクト.

Pretty down to earth guy... he really liked to crack dirty jokes and enjoys his Gundam; very friendly.

I've met Ryu from Korea, as well... he was very friendly and extremely humble. He' just well known in Japan for FuyuSona. Of couse, I'm not sure if he acts, though.

I've met quite a few more musicians, but I guess they're kind of irrelevant.

Gregoir

Post by Gregoir » Aug 13th, '07, 22:57

Yeah, belgium sucks, we don't have Burger King or Starbucks either!

nicha89

Post by nicha89 » Aug 13th, '07, 23:19

^i went to belgium in may 2006 and i loved it. ^^" especially the belgian chocolate ....hmmm.... yummy
Alecsa-chan wrote: Do you think that the Johnny Boys will still be on stage in 2013? At the age of 25 i plan on going to Japan so that'd be in 2013 :lol
I'm planning to go to japan around that time too, just because i have to wait till i graduate from uni and earn money first :lol
*~Image Image~*
- RabuRetta

Sayumi

Post by Sayumi » Aug 14th, '07, 06:24

Gregoir wrote:Yeah, belgium sucks, we don't have Burger King or Starbucks either!
hey, cool, another one from belgium :) I thought I was the only one :P

I'm planning to go to japan next year. Actually I was planning to go a few years ago, but the people I was going with cancelled. So now I decided to go next year. Perhaps I'll meet some japanese actor then :) I'd want to meet siam shade (the band) as in going to a concert, but since they split I guess that's a bit impossible :(

NanaTorigawa

Post by NanaTorigawa » Aug 24th, '07, 04:00

hikkichan wrote:Hmm... I've worked personally with a musician/actor who's name rhymes with アクト.

Pretty down to earth guy... he really liked to crack dirty jokes and enjoys his Gundam; very friendly.

I've met Ryu from Korea, as well... he was very friendly and extremely humble. He' just well known in Japan for FuyuSona. Of couse, I'm not sure if he acts, though.

I've met quite a few more musicians, but I guess they're kind of irrelevant.
Oh.. my.. you worked with him??? AHHHHH!!! That is cool...
I hope one day i coule meet a actor...
I'm hoping that the Hanadan will be filmed in New York or even better L.A. when my club goes their...(more likely L.A.. to Disneyland... )

i would die to see Jun and Shun... i would be like
"i love Arashi!!"
and
"I love Hanakimi so much!!!"

Anyway.. i have 5 or less year till i'm planing to move to japan... and i'm goign to go to japan summer of my Jr. year of high school(I'm a sophomore right now) but it goignt o be in Himeiji...

dokidoki.00021

Post by dokidoki.00021 » Aug 27th, '07, 17:35

Yes, I met Mizuki Arisa...in my dream. She kept running into a wall, and everytime she hit she fell down, got back up and ran right back into it. When she noticed I was watching she turned to me and starting speaking flent English. It was weird.
But really, I've met Ichikawa Yui once in New York and three times in Japan. =D
She's sweet but doesn't speak at all! I wonder if it's her agency that does that to her?
Though this is the Japan forum, I've met and chatted up with Kim Jung Hoon (he debuted in Japan so I guess this counts) thanks to my sister. :wub:

Hero

Post by Hero » Aug 27th, '07, 21:12

In tokyo i saw 2 famous celebrities. I don't know their names though, i saw them filming in Asakusa, my japanese friend told me the guy who was big and had short dyned brown hair was a famous dancer and appears in tv shows all the time in Japan. The other guy i saw filming along with him was also a big guy.
Then they started walking down the street and a young lady appeared walking with them, i don't know who she was tho.