things I've seen in dramas I dream to do!

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

things I've seen in dramas I dream to do!

Post by nadesico » Jan 18th, '07, 18:25

sounds a little bit childish but, I've been a huge dramas watcher for more than a year now and I must admit sometimes I get envious of what the characters do as part of their daily routine. Seems so exotic to me! Hope I'm not the only one in d-addict :sweat:
to make my point clear, here are some examples of things I'd like to do:

1)eating a self-made okonomiyaki in a restaurant(kekkon dekinai otoko, the best would be Abe hiroshi actually cooking one for me!!)

2)eating a shorcake with plenty of cream in a cafe(this can be found of the majority of dramas, there is always a scene in a cafe, as in strawberry on the shortcake for example)

3)singing at the top of my lungs in a karaoke box. I know karaoke is popular worldwide now, but where I live karaoke boxes don't exist! I don't want to be ashamed in a full restaurant!!(koukou kyoushi 2003)

4)witnessing a summer matsuri and wearing a yukata!that goes with eating takoyaki and yakisoba, having fireworks etc...(one liter of tears)

5)bathing in a onsen!!man, I so want to do it one day....(women of the onsen)

6)having lunch on my high school roof.considering my age, it is highly improbable, but sounds fun to do(strawberry on the shortcake, kissho tennyo)

And you? What things you usually see in jdramas you dream to do?Share them on this thread!!

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Jan 18th, '07, 18:45

I did a lot of those things when I was in Japan in 1983. The best one of all was the "Summer Matsuri"... We were in Hagi, which was nearly deserted (it's a school town, and all the kids were home on break), and we turned a corner and found ourselves instantly in the middle of a Bon festival at an ancient temple! Fireworks on the beach that night.

Found some Hagi beach pics here: http://www.japan-photo.de/e-nihonk.htm

howzitboy

Post by howzitboy » Jan 18th, '07, 18:47

smash a watermelon with a bat whle blindfolded on a beach!

catch a train and have the girl next to me fall asleep on my shoulder!!

sit in a open air cafe and watch all the girls in school uniforms walk by *sigh*

portiaisabel

Post by portiaisabel » Jan 18th, '07, 18:56

1. wearing cool highschool uniforms hanging out on ur highschool building rooftop with 2 hot guys (kame-chan, YamaPi-kun)

2. Highschool life......??? with the F4

3. Highschool life??? everythin bout highschool stuff even studying...for exams mine was too short.......... im in college now........ what a bummer 2nd semester... midterms.....!!!!!

4. Onsen will be so cool with Japanese monkeys

5.Going to school riding a bycycle.....and perhaps riding with someone(yeah)
ImageImageImage

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Jan 18th, '07, 20:46

pokute wrote:I did a lot of those things when I was in Japan in 1983. The best one of all was the "Summer Matsuri"... We were in Hagi, which was nearly deserted (it's a school town, and all the kids were home on break), and we turned a corner and found ourselves instantly in the middle of a Bon festival at an ancient temple! Fireworks on the beach that night.

Found some Hagi beach pics here: http://www.japan-photo.de/e-nihonk.htm
sounds fun Pokute... actually, I'll go to japan this summer in August and I know in Kyoto there's a very famous matsuri( I think it's for O-bon), I hope I won't miss it this time(I missed it when Iwas there in 2001). Thanks for the pics!!
interesting answers howzitboy and portiaisabel, I suppose anything related to high school is a classic concerning japanese life!

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Jan 18th, '07, 21:02

We were in Kyoto during Bon as well. The whole city was pretty much partying the whole time. There was a strange accident while we were there, where a sort of framework full of fireworks was being paraded through the streets by a bunch of drunk guys and they hit the train wires and it all exploded. We were told it happened somewhere every year. The Japanese are normally very cautious about dangerous things, but during Bon there are small children getting burned severely constantly. If you can stand the intense heat and humidity, August is a great time to be in Japan because there are no tourists! We got to experience a severe taifun firsthand as well... In Matsue the taifun dug up a 300 year-old graveyard and there were little ceramic and bronze gewgaws from the graves scattered all over the grounds of the castle. The stone penis museum near Fuji was closed because it was underwater. The people who lived in the area were not amused by the idiot gaijin in the rowboat.

Oh-oh, almost forgot - The high-school kids all wanted to practice their English on us. Typical example:

"Harro! Harro! Our friend is GAY! Yes, he is gay!"
Last edited by pokute on Jan 18th, '07, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.

Coda

Post by Coda » Jan 18th, '07, 21:04

hmm What would I do ?? Hmm...

- 1st of all, eating a bento or an onigiri on the school roof (Nobuta wo produce, plenty of anime I don't remember the name right now)

- being able to wear skirts, even short ones without guys looking at you like whores !!!

- Wearing one of their school uniform @^___^@ (I saw a bunch of them hanging out in the Louvre, hundreds of them... sugoi !! amazing !

- eating a ice cream with some of my friends during a long and hot summer in Tokyo

- Having a date and hanging out in Shibuya, doing para para in the middle of the street XD (like in Hanikami show ^w^)

- Doing some purikula with my friends or my boyfriend ^w^

- yeeees, bathing in an Onsen and attending a traditional celebration wearing a yukata @*___*@

- hearing guys saying kawaiiiiiiii >0<

girly things indeed ^0^
Addicted to :
Yamapi *-* Hanadan *~* Meteor Garden *~* MARS *~* Devil Beside You *~* It Started with a Kiss *0*

Coda on the Web : Coda Gallery

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Jan 19th, '07, 19:41

@pokute:nice anecdotes!! seems I'm bound to go to Japan in sumer each time,even though the weather kills me sometimes and it's true that in 2001, I don't remenber Kyoto was packed with tourists and we had no problems finding accomodation. I remember people in Kyoto asking where we were from and hearing France, say"Paris!!Tour Eiffel!!Versailles!!"that was fun!!
@coda:one day, I hope you can make all these dreams come true(but face reality, you're too old to eat a bento on a rooftop!!gomen...lol)

I add:
-a trip to Okinawa(and yes, smash a watermelon on the beach!!)
-this one is totally ridiculous:getting drunk by drinking too much sake in an outside eating stall(I'm so much a bad person!) Did you do that one Pokute(not judging at all, just curious!)?

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Jan 19th, '07, 20:06

Drinking sake when it's 110 degrees F and 110% RH is not something I wanted to do!!

I took my wife out to a rather fancy sushi bar recently and *tried* to order a small bottle of sake, and they delivered a liter... We launched into it with the help of the sushi chefs, who proceeded to make us sushi with the biggest hunks of fish ever seen ;^)
So the $40 investment in the sake paid off handsomely in the form of exquisite sushi. I'm sure the same technique would work in Japan, but not in August!

There are sake's available in Japan that are so good you can drink a liter all by yourself and still wake up the next day. I wonder if there would be enough interest to make it worth starting a sake thread here?

nikochanr3

Re: things I've seen in dramas I dream to do!

Post by nikochanr3 » Jan 19th, '07, 21:13

nadesico wrote:sounds a little bit childish but, I've been a huge dramas watcher for more than a year now and I must admit sometimes I get envious of what the characters do as part of their daily routine. Seems so exotic to me! Hope I'm not the only one in d-addict :sweat:

1)eating a self-made okonomiyaki in a restaurant(kekkon dekinai otoko, the best would be Abe hiroshi actually cooking one for me!!)

2)eating a shorcake with plenty of cream in a cafe(this can be found of the majority of dramas, there is always a scene in a cafe, as in strawberry on the shortcake for example)

3)singing at the top of my lungs in a karaoke box. I know karaoke is popular worldwide now, but where I live karaoke boxes don't exist! I don't want to be ashamed in a full restaurant!!(koukou kyoushi 2003)

4)witnessing a summer matsuri and wearing a yukata!that goes with eating takoyaki and yakisoba, having fireworks etc...(one liter of tears)

6)having lunch on my high school roof.considering my age, it is highly improbable, but sounds fun to do(strawberry on the shortcake, kissho tennyo)

And you? What things you usually see in jdramas you dream to do?Share them on this thread!!
i have done all of these except 5 and have not WORN the yukata but been with the girl wearing it, which i prefer.

:salut:
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

ohcrapimonfire

Post by ohcrapimonfire » Jan 19th, '07, 21:26

I want to punch a really rich guy in the face and then have him fall in love with me because he construes my abuse as an attractive form of strong character. ;)

(cough HYD cough)

Oh, and I'd like to go to Hokkaido and buy lots of crabs, like in Nodame Cantabile :)

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Jan 19th, '07, 21:27

nikochanr3 wrote:
nadesico wrote:sounds a little bit childish but, I've been a huge dramas watcher for more than a year now and I must admit sometimes I get envious of what the characters do as part of their daily routine. Seems so exotic to me! Hope I'm not the only one in d-addict :sweat:

i have done all of these except 5 and have not WORN the yukata but been with the girl wearing it, which i prefer.

You had lunch on a high school rooftop?You amaze me nikochan,this one of the things I listed I bet Iwill never be able to do(and Coda shares my fate too on this one!). And I agree with you, a men in yukata is not so glamourous as a girl in yukata!!
@Pokute: so I assume I'll hunt for very good sake once I'll be there this summer, but as I'm alcohol intolerant(can't stand more than 2 cups), it's going to be hell for my fellow travelers!!But I think you're right, it's best to drink on winter, the best sake I had was hot sake in a japanese restaurant in Paris on december, and it is my best sake-related memories!! to think I haven't drunk a single drop of sake when I was in Japan back then, what was I thinking, really?!
Starting a sake thread isn't a bad idea indeed...
@ohcrapimonfire!LOL
Last edited by nadesico on Jan 19th, '07, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jan 19th, '07, 21:46

nadesico wrote:
nikochanr3 wrote:

You had lunch on a high school rooftop?You amazes me nikochan,,this one of the things I listed I bet Iwill never be able to(and Coda shares my fate to on this one!). And I agree with you, a men in yukata is not so glamourous as a girl in yukata!!
@Pokute: so I assume I'll hunt for very good sake once I'll be there this summer, but as I'm alcohol intolerant(can't stand more than 2 cups), it's going to be hell for my fellow travelers!!But I think you're right, it's best to drink on winter, the best sake I had was hot sake in a japanese restaurant in Paris on december, and it is my best sake-related memories!! to think I haven't drunk a single drop of sake when I was in Japan back then, what was I thinking, really?!
Starting a sake thread isn't a bad idea indeed...
@ohcrapimonfire!LOL
:lol yes, the first time i was in japan was when i was 23 and the girl was 18 (um, maybe 17 but lets not dwell on small details as maki would say!) and i was brought in the school on a weekend and wound up eating on the rooftop with some of her friends. and until you said that, i really haven't thought of that cause it was 12 years ago but it was nice and i thank you for bringing it up! i dont really remember why we went there...jeez im senile.... :D

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Jan 20th, '07, 08:58

Glad to help nikochan :salut: those are nice memories indeed... 12 years ago?you're an old man now!(look who's talking... :P ). Are there other things however you still want to do in case you come back to Japan one day?

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Jan 20th, '07, 18:02

nadesico wrote: 6)having lunch on my high school roof.considering my age, it is highly improbable, but sounds fun to do
Yeah, that sounds sweet! Doesn't have to be high school though, does it? Having nice lunch or dinner in an apartment or company rooftop is not too far-fetched
(Long Vacation / Kekkon Dekinai Otoko :D)

I personally wanna see firework contest in Japan again. Summer hanabi is the best!

And also attend some concerts by pop artists too!

blamvitaburst

Post by blamvitaburst » Jan 20th, '07, 18:13

@pokute-
Some of those pictures were really breath taking! I wish they were larger because I'd love to make a few of them my desktop picture or a slideshow for a screensaver. Just AMAZING colors. And the neat rocks poking out of the sea with trees on top have got to be the most interesting landscape feature ever.
Mmmmmm! Vitamins are good!
:cheers: :wub: :cheers: :wub: :cheers:

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Jan 20th, '07, 19:26

Those are NOT my pictures. My pictures are unfortunately packed away somewhere. My pictures were in fact shot with a Widelux panoramic camera that it took me three months to order (from Japan) so that I would have it in time for the trip. I have never digitised any of my old film...

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Jan 20th, '07, 23:16

8thSin wrote:
nadesico wrote: 6)having lunch on my high school roof.considering my age, it is highly improbable, but sounds fun to do
Yeah, that sounds sweet! Doesn't have to be high school though, does it? Having nice lunch or dinner in an apartment or company rooftop is not too far-fetched
(Long Vacation / Kekkon Dekinai Otoko :D)

I personally wanna see firework contest in Japan again. Summer hanabi is the best!

And also attend some concerts by pop artists too!
he, you're right!!doesn't have to wear a high school uniform to have lunch on a rooftop!so it becomes possible for me now.
and concerning concert, good point, the Tokyo dome impresses me, I wish I can attend someconcert(orange range , remioromen for example)
I add on my list:
-attending a tea ceremony,sounds impressive to me

sorvani

Post by sorvani » Jan 22nd, '07, 01:59

my fiancée and I are planing an overnight to an onsen in march, so i'll be able to scratch that one off my personal list.
and since it will be late march Hanami should be in full swing, that will be a second thing off my list.

Other things include:
- rooftop bento dining as others mentioned
- see a concert by Hamasaki Ayumi, Utada Hikaru, Orange Range, or High and Mighty Color
- go to a summer matsuri (yukata optional) and then watch the hanabi

something i had not actually expected would even have a remote chance of happening before, but now seems likely is a traditional wedding at a place such as the Meiji Kinenkan. We had been discussing a western wedding in Hawaii until her brother surprised everyone this month saying he's getting married in Hawaii this fall. So no my fiancée is thinking to get married back home.
Sorvani

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jan 22nd, '07, 14:06

nadesico wrote:Glad to help nikochan :salut: those are nice memories indeed... 12 years ago?you're an old man now!(look who's talking... :P ). Are there other things however you still want to do in case you come back to Japan one day?
actually i go minimum once a year. have to visit the in-laws. :-) ive been there at least 20 times.

i want to go see koda kumi, kobukuro, ai otsuka, orange range, and namie amuro. :P doing so would requre them being in the area WHILE im there cause we cant plan around it, so its hard.

:scratch: i did a lot of what i wanted to do in japan, so im not sure. Being married is great, but it definitely changes my trips. i used to meet the random stranger(s) and go from there. :lol a lot of my friends there were met on the street, or in a store, or something like that. im not sure my wife wants me picking up random strangers on the street anymore :lol (actually im very sure!)

:lol i remember somethinh i want to do, i want to have takoyaki and coke in glass bottles outside in the takoyaki stand like in Sekai no Chushiin de. If i was a teen, i'd like to do that whole thing from my boss my hero, the scary walk, the walk along the path with the girl, etc. All of that seems like fun if you were young. there's something innocent but cool about that, but im not even sure its real to be honest.

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Jan 22nd, '07, 16:35

From what I gather from your posts , Nikochan and Sorvani, it seems that getting married to a japanese man will highly increase my chances to actually do what I long to do in Japan lol. I'll have to work hard this summer!!

haruhi-san

Things to do when seen

Post by haruhi-san » Jan 22nd, '07, 16:54

Ive seen the way people from Bleach dress in the first opening. (where the song Asterisk by Orange Range is playinG) and I wanna dress like some of them! It seems fun :)

But my style is completely like them :)

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Jan 22nd, '07, 17:20

what an interesting thread, and i'm amazed to see the things ppl wanna do!

i've done most of them in my 3 months here in japan, (except eating bento on a rooftop, it's kinda cold now)

& i kinda wished i were a high school student here... u can do much more foolish and fun stuff! seishun no hibi~

oh concerts! they've become part of my life now... u can get addicted to it.
been to kobukuro, remioromen and ayaka... more to come!

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jan 22nd, '07, 18:04

oooh remioromen. :lol karaoke always features konayukii, and the more drunk people are, the more ridiculous it sounds. its like

KONNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAYYUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :crazy: like a dog suffering......

i love it!!!

and yes, marrying a japanese man would help!!! ganbare!! :salut:

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Jan 22nd, '07, 18:21

nikochanr3 wrote:oooh remioromen. :lol karaoke always features konayukii, and the more drunk people are, the more ridiculous it sounds. its like

KONNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAYYUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :crazy: like a dog suffering......

i love it!!!

Oh my, I didn't want to admit it, but singing konnayuki in a karaoke box was also on my list(but sake was optionnal)!!
I'll have a hard time findind in 3 weeks Mr perfect japanese man who won't be afraid by a female Gaijin, I'm not feeling confident on this one!
Which make me add on my list:
-participate to a go-kon.

WingsOfLovee

Post by WingsOfLovee » Jan 22nd, '07, 18:33

mY Dream iS tO gO tO JAPAN !:)

redmob

Post by redmob » Jan 22nd, '07, 18:50

hehe.. i was having fun reading all you posts.. ^^ all those i dream to do thingy.. :D COOL!!

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jan 22nd, '07, 19:58

nadesico wrote:
nikochanr3 wrote:oooh remioromen. :lol karaoke always features konayukii, and the more drunk people are, the more ridiculous it sounds. its like

i love it!!!

Oh my, I didn't want to admit it, but singing konnayuki in a karaoke box was also on my list(but sake was optionnal)!!
I'll have a hard time findind in 3 weeks Mr perfect japanese man who won't be afraid by a female Gaijin, I'm not feeling confident on this one!
Which make me add on my list:
-participate to a go-kon.
you can sing konnayuki IN the go kon! kill two birds and all that.... go-kon is matching party right? :scratch: :-) Find some cool japanese women friends who can set you up with the rest of the stuff on the list. that was kind of always my pattern, meet people, use them to meet larger groups. seemed to work.

sorvani

Post by sorvani » Jan 22nd, '07, 23:23

nikochanr3 wrote:and yes, marrying a japanese man would help!!! ganbare!! :salut:
although being able to do all these various things had nothing to do with meeting my lovely fiancée.

just a side benefit. :lol
Sorvani

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Jan 23rd, '07, 04:57

i can't believe going to karaoke is a dream to some of u guys!
yes u shld try it sometime! i've been going to this so called 'free time' package,
where u can sing 8 hrs straight, with free flow of non alcoholic (or alcoholic)
for a very low price! i go 2 times per wk on average...

& go-kon~! very very enjoyable... LOVE IT :cheers:

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jan 23rd, '07, 13:21

Hayashi_kun wrote:i can't believe going to karaoke is a dream to some of u guys!
yes u shld try it sometime! i've been going to this so called 'free time' package,
where u can sing 8 hrs straight, with free flow of non alcoholic (or alcoholic)
for a very low price! i go 2 times per wk on average...

& go-kon~! very very enjoyable... LOVE IT :cheers:
karaoke is pricey in new york for japanese places, not ridiculous but a bit. the chinese and korean places are cheaper, but the choice of japanese songs is more limited so thats not so good.

8 hours straight like that, im in. when are we going? :P d-addicts board karaoke outing.

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Jan 23rd, '07, 14:27

8 hours in a row?count me, count me in!!
Nikochan, if I follow your advice and sing konnayuki durinf a go-kon this summer, and IF by extraorinary, my singing makes an awesome and probably deaf japanese guy fall with me, here's something which is also on my must-do list:
-having a date in an amusement park(taiyou no uta):big wheel , roaler coaster and haunted house.I know we have it here, but I don't know why, it always looks funnier in Japan!!

cebusnacker

Post by cebusnacker » Jan 23rd, '07, 15:04

things i want to do that i've seen in dramas are:

- highschool in tokoyo hehe that would be just wicked sweet
- eating at a japanese retaurant in japan
- ride the bus in seoul or tokyo too much fun i say.
- eat at a cafe with friends
- date a hot asian guy hahah i bet everyone has seen that in many dramas
- speak jaapanese
- go to a karaoke bar! LOL ajaajahaha even though i am really bad at doing thingd in front of people
- get a cell and text message all day to my hot boyfriend hahah :lol
- go to a concert

crap I have to leave for school sooo i think thats it for now!! :wub: :mrgreen:

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Jan 23rd, '07, 18:09

i've always wanted to meet fellow d-addicts in tokyo, if there are any...
meet up to talk abt dramas, go karaoke and stuff...

wooooooo dates at amusement parks never go wrong
odaiba highly recommended~

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jan 23rd, '07, 18:49

Hayashi_kun wrote:i've always wanted to meet fellow d-addicts in tokyo, if there are any...

wooooooo dates at amusement parks never go wrong
odaiba highly recommended~
ODAIBA!! one time, some girl took me to sega world in odaiba. i was like this :O and :cheers: the whole time. seriously, i wanted to marry her. she took me to noodles, shopping, and video games. and the BIG WHEEL. i was so happy.

i was like, wait, im in a foreign country, and i meet a really cute girl, and she wants to take me to play video games..... :cheers: ah, life was good.

god i love japan.

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jan 23rd, '07, 18:51

nadesico wrote:8 hours in a row?count me, count me in!!
Nikochan, if I follow your advice and sing konnayuki durinf a go-kon this summer, and IF by extraorinary, my singing makes an awesome and probably deaf japanese guy fall with me, here's something which is also on my must-do list:
-having a date in an amusement park(taiyou no uta):big wheel , roaler coaster and haunted house.I know we have it here, but I don't know why, it always looks funnier in Japan!!
either odaiba for the big wheel, or in yokohama there is this little amusement park near the really tall building whose name escapes me. (its really all and near the water and nothing else, it looks like the damn empire state building height just cause the surrounding area has nothing even close to that. ) that roller coaster when i went on it goes into a tunnel that takes you under water.

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Jan 23rd, '07, 21:12

Oh man Nikochan, that's exactly the amusement park I want to go to(the one with the roller coaster which put you underwater), seen it several time in dramas and stuff!!I'll defininitely do it in august!!btw hayashi-kun, if you are in Japan this summer, maybe we can all go to karaoke, that's sounds nice!!
Sure if my japanese date brings me to an amusement park, I would definitely want to marry him too then!How can such a date turn bad?!
sorry for the mispelling,seems I'm really bad at typing, such a shame!

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Jan 24th, '07, 04:34

i went to yokohama for the 1st time in 2002 and i went to that amusement park! Cosmo World... went again in nov 2006, with my friend and we termed it 'hitokoi trip', went hunting for tatta hitotsu no koi shooting locations...

august? damn i won't be in japan already, i think... what a pity...
pls PM me anytime if anyone of you is coming... we can meet up!
and can anyone direct me to a 'foreigners in toyko' thread? if there's any... can't seem to find 1 when i scrolled through the last 18 pages

Jeshka

Post by Jeshka » Jan 24th, '07, 09:44

Wow! To think I was living the life dreams are made of. Okonomiyaki, cafes, karaoke, matsuri, they've all become part of my life. Seriously, I've started to take all these things for granted. I really should appreciate things better.

From watching and reading dorama, anime, and manga, these are the things I haven't done, but I'd like to do:

1. Make beautiful obento for my cute (though currently imaginary) Japanese boyfriend (CTCIJB)

2. Walk hand and hand with my CTCIJB under a cherry tree in full bloom

3. Go on a school trip to Kyoto (...maybe I could go as a chaperone. Though that clearly can't be much fun. )

4. Give my CTCIJB Valentines Chocolates

5. Have fun planning an activity with my classmates for bunkasai (culture festival). My school did it this past year, and the students had so much fun! Classes were canceled for two days prior in order for students to prepare. I really wanted to be a high school student again during those few days.

But, I do feel like a character from Gokusen...there's a class I help teach at a lower level high school. From all the way down the hallway I can hear the little beasts (just like in the drama). I arrived to class today to find one of the sliding doors pushed out into the hallway, with 10 16-year-old guys trying to look innocent (one of which looked like he had been punched in the eye). They wanted us to believe the door had been knocked over by the wind. When we entered the room, all the windows were closed, and the room was steamy hot. They spent the rest of class sleeping, slapping each other upside the head, practicing their English ("I am custard pudding pizza") or trying to blow 1 yen coins into a jar of hair gel. Actually, that was kinda impressive. They even gave me a charming nickname...James. They'll call me anything but my actual name. Little monsters.

Hayashi_kun wrote:
i've always wanted to meet fellow d-addicts in tokyo, if there are any...
sounds fun! I'm in Fukushima. I'll pm you!

pokute wrote:
Oh-oh, almost forgot - The high-school kids all wanted to practice their English on us. Typical example:

"Harro! Harro! Our friend is GAY! Yes, he is gay!"
Never gets old, does it.

Enki

Post by Enki » Jan 24th, '07, 09:52

Things I've seen in dramas I dream of doing?

Starting a group of something (whatever sport, work, hobby...) with 4 overly enthusiastic friends and go on wacky adventures to realize that goal :lol :lol :lol

hey, we can all dream!

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jan 24th, '07, 14:31

To screw Shibasaki Kou like Tsumabuki did in Orenji Days...

Of course, you can't really hear sarcasm over the internet.

Being in Japan all these past few years, I can't really think of anything I want to do, really...

I dunno... I guess it'd be fun to go to an onsen, again... but I've already been to a few.

Maybe a group meet would be fun... but, I haven't really watched dorama intently since the mid-late 90s... although I did enjoy Dr. Koto last season. :P

Let's off-kai.

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jan 24th, '07, 14:54

it would be really cool to do a japan d-addicts gathering, wouldnt it? chances are i wouldnt be there :lol but it would be cool.

:-) the beauty of this list is a LOT of the stuff i see seems really possible to me, so people can do it. its nothing ridiculous.

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Jan 24th, '07, 15:15

hikkichan wrote:Let's off-kai.
off-kai is one of the most enjoyable things i've done since i came to japan!

hikkichan> then i assume u know mixi? i think that's a really great place to know and meet ppl of the same interests... i often go to random nomikai and have met great ppl~

mata itsuka~

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Jan 24th, '07, 18:21

Can't believe I actually forgot the famous sakura blossoming, baka me!
And yes, I dream of a d-addict gathering in Japan, and on the condition nobody will call me a fool for this, I suggest to really do it, if some of you happen to be in Japan this summer!
You're right Nikochan, all those things seem really possible to do after all(financiary considerations excluded)
@Enki:so typical and sounds fun too!
To go on with typical drama situation:
_a kokuhaku scene(hope I spell it right), with my still deaf but charming japanese date:"totsuzen desu ga, suki!!", it's cheesy but funny!But I think only a teenager would say it this way. After all a simple suki would do.

May I ask what an off-kai is?

blue_lizzard

Post by blue_lizzard » Jan 24th, '07, 18:51

Things I saw in dorama I want to do:

- having a super cute guy as my pet and having him pushing me to a vedor machine, following a hot kiss! (kimi wa petto)

- working in an office together with a super hottie and having him sending me secret love messages per msn! (anego)

- living next to an handsome, mysterious guy who sometimes dresses up to reveal his true identity while he's swindling money (kurosagi)

- meeting my destinied love crossing the street, looking in each others eyes while the world stands still there just for a second (taiyou no kisetsu, sore wa totsuzen)

- having my bike-racing boyfriend (who i met at the crossroad^.~) pick me up for school (mars)

and!
living happily ever after!^___~
wonder how many of these things i'll actaully be able to realize^^°°°

gerryg

Post by gerryg » Jan 24th, '07, 19:06

Instead of jdorama; I would like to mimic 90% of all kdrama.

The thing I would like to do is:
b*tc* slap the heck out of anyone I don't like or whoever gets on my nerve at the moment!

At first I was very offended by that particular action.... then I got use to it and then I came across a situation I really did not like and the only thing I was thinking about was how I wish this was a kdrama!!!! hahaha! :lol

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Jan 24th, '07, 22:13

nadesico> off-kai just means an offline meeting with ppl u knew online...

i wish i'll still be in japan in aug to meet up with some of u! we'll see...

Jeshka

Post by Jeshka » Jan 25th, '07, 14:54

blue_lizzard wrote:
- having a super cute guy as my pet and having him pushing me to a vedor machine, following a hot kiss! (kimi wa petto)

Yes, please. :pray:

Off-kai in Japan~yahoo! I'll be around in the summer.

You know how in manga and dramas students make "fan clubs" centered around a guy or girl they all like?--sort of like in Hana Kimi (I think it was Hana Kimi)? I just found out students actually do that in Japan! And no one seems to think it's wierd. Or stalkeresque. Or wierd. I'm not saying I want to start a club...actually, I don't know what I'm saying. I'm just typing so that I have a reason to stay under my kotatsu rather than go into my cold bedroom. Which is another great thing you see people doing in dramas; sitting around a kotatsu chatting. Oh, so warm. But best not to fall asleep under it. :sleeping: :flamed:

beer

Post by beer » Jan 25th, '07, 15:48

Well, the only thing that I'd specifically want to do in Japan is eating in a sushi bar where plates of sushi run around on those little conveyor belts. And one where the sushi is made in front of you when you make your order.

Other than that I'd just take whatever comes my way. :)

sorvani

Post by sorvani » Jan 26th, '07, 00:02

i hadn't heard the term off-kai before either. i like it though.
I'll be in Tokyo the last week of March myself.

Meeting my fiancée's parents for the first time. :pale: :unsure: :blink
One day will be Hanami :alcoholic: :mrgreen:
Sorvani

haruhi-san

Post by haruhi-san » Jan 26th, '07, 00:07

I wanna eat at a takoyaki stand, just like in Gokusen 1 and 2! There I said it. :cheers:
ImageImage
Currently watching
: Moteki, Pro Golfer Hana, Tumbling, You''re Beautiful (korean) , Troubleman, & Hotaru No Hikari 2 . :wub:

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jan 27th, '07, 03:13

sorvani wrote:i hadn't heard the term off-kai before either. i like it though.
I'll be in Tokyo the last week of March myself.

Meeting my fiancée's parents for the first time. :pale: :unsure: :blink
One day will be Hanami :alcoholic: :mrgreen:
just be polite, like super polite and nice. me, i did whatever my wife (fiancee) at time told me. went very well although i felt like this :goggle:

bela_mex

Post by bela_mex » Jan 27th, '07, 03:19

oh i wish i could go out at all the late night hours through a city like tokyo....
karaoke & takoyaki stands !!!

pubbie

Post by pubbie » Jan 30th, '07, 01:36

Things Ive seen in dramas, I dream to do:

- I want to get a red note in my locker that says 'F4' on it and then start jumping a little bit then punch the leader in the face after having flashbacks of punching people in the face in black and white, even though when I did punch those other people color TV existed.

- I want to get invited to a party where I get called on stage by the CEO of the Domyoji Group who is planning on announcing her sons engagement to some loony chick, but I will not play the piano like a retard. I will stand on the piano and do the helicopter with my ****.

- If I ever get to go home to a teachers place I will start taking my clothes off and jump on that teacher while my friends take pictures from the window and then naturally blackmail the teacher into not coming to school again. Later on I will get screwed because it will turn out that the teacher was an ex-bike gang member and he beat up my friends and I... oh never mind.

- If, while I'm on the train after having bought a bunch of anime-dolls from akihabara, an old drunk man starts harassing and fondling a beautiful woman on the seat opposite to me, I will help him by taking the other seat next to her and start fondling and harassing her.

- If I find that the weird guy in the class, who insists on kissing his hand and saying KON all the time, and the pig-ugly girl, whom I am trying to 'produce', are my absolute best friends; I will kill myself.

- If I get diagnosed with cancer and told I have 6 months to live, I will not play baseball with my friends in Kisarazu nor will I steal from the bad (Yakuza, bike gangs, etc.) and give to a baseball team. I will do drugs, steal and kill. Oh and I will f*** the local haggard 40+ stripper that my widower father will marry soon after I die.

- Take out a camera in front of a high school class and as soon as they all do that damn peace sign with the fingers I will **** punch them all in the chest. Boys AND girls.

- Whenever a girl does something or says something that she expects a "Kawaiii"-response to I will punch her in the ear and tell her to grow up.

Hmm, I should edit this post later and add some more stuff.
Last edited by pubbie on May 23rd, '07, 09:30, edited 1 time in total.
Before you get angry and reply to whatever I wrote, you need to know this:
I am a misogynist, racist and sadist.
If you are an obstacle in my life, I will end you.

smaelz83

Densha

Post by smaelz83 » Jan 30th, '07, 02:05

I always dream to meet such a lady like in Densha Otoko who really don't mine about the guy look (you know; he is short and not too handsome compare to her) :roll ohhh.. Hermes-san :roll .. because I am like the Densha character just not collecting figure only the shy thing, he he he... not very good when speak to girl that I like.. :crazy: :wub:

sorvani

Post by sorvani » Jan 30th, '07, 03:05

nikochanr3 wrote:just be polite, like super polite and nice. me, i did whatever my wife (fiancee) at time told me. went very well although i felt like this :goggle:
That goes without saying. Although maybe it is my age and already having been in a committed relationship for most of my twenties, that makes me realize when to shut up and smile and nod on command :P :P

but yeah I'm not truly worried, but nerves are definitely still there. Of course ever since I seen the MasterCard priceless commercial called Meet the Family, I've been just waiting until the wedding when our parents meet :mrgreen:
Sorvani