Got Japanese Girlfriend?

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
strawberricjam

Post by strawberricjam » Jan 28th, '07, 05:15

thou why wouldn't you? if it's oki to answer..if not it's cool

Wella

Post by Wella » Jan 28th, '07, 05:25

Hmm.. Well I say that there are beautiful woman everywhere! :wub:

..but.. i do find Japanese, Korean and Chinese women very cute! Watching Asian drama's is probably helping me feel this way...

I'm Caucasian and have never had a Asian girlfriend.. I went on a few dates and spent a lot of time chatting on-line with a Malaysian Chinese girl who was sooo beautiful but she looked to be high maintenance. It was quite funny for she wanted me to cut my hair.. and suggested we could have a relationship if I did!! I had to let her slide otherwise she would of being trying to change me my whole life! You've to be yourself eh?

hichambg

Post by hichambg » Jan 28th, '07, 05:27

My experience :
-Three Japaneses
-Two Chineses
I tried to seduce a Singaporean (and her sister, lol), two Taiwanese…..
I have "dated" as many “non asians” girl, and there is something I can be sure about; God, the women are all the same, they all ask for the impossible and it's always a pleasure.
Still, I’m interest in asians more than others……….

strawberricjam

Post by strawberricjam » Jan 28th, '07, 05:41

hichambg wrote:My experience :
-Three Japaneses
-Two Chineses
do u find any diffrenece in the two chinese and japanes beside culutre and lanuage??

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 28th, '07, 05:43

strawberricjam wrote:thou why wouldn't you? if it's oki to answer..if not it's cool
Because I am not Korean, I am Chinese and I do find such minor differences between the two cultures to ultimately uncompromisable and without base for negotiation

Why struggle with conflicting values and standards when you can unite with similar people who want the same?
Last edited by yamcha on Jan 28th, '07, 06:32, edited 1 time in total.

strawberricjam

Post by strawberricjam » Jan 28th, '07, 05:47

yamcha wrote:
strawberricjam wrote:thou why wouldn't you? if it's oki to answer..if not it's cool
Because I am not Korean, I am Chinese and I do find such minor differences between the two cultures to ultimately uncompromisable and without base for negotiation

Why struggle and with struggle with conflicting values and standards when you can unite with similar people who want the same?
haha true true i understand the view point ur coming from...i'm chinese too and i can understand too but were u born in china or where if u dont mind me askin

Wella

Post by Wella » Jan 28th, '07, 06:16

Living in my city where we have a very large Asian community and I notice how the different nationalities deal with our culture.

I'm not so sure why but the Japanese tend to get involved with my culture whereas the Chinese tend to stay within there own communities...

It is a lot easier here to meet a Japanese girl as opposed to a Chinese girl although there is a LOT more Chinese girls because of this.
Last edited by Wella on Jan 28th, '07, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 28th, '07, 06:27

strawberricjam wrote: haha true true i understand the view point ur coming from...i'm chinese too and i can understand too but were u born in china or where if u dont mind me askin
I was born in HK but I lived in the USA for basically all my life. What about you?

Kiki

mcmaster

Post by mcmaster » Jan 28th, '07, 06:59

I was born in South Korea but came to the US when i was 3 months old. though Korean, i am 100% American at least to the extent I'm proud of it, and only oriental when I look in the mirror if that's of any consequence.

Something to consider: Some people are still gravitated toward tendencies, however that does not mean we must fall prey to it as well. Is it really our cultural upbringing that defines who we are? In the previous discussion about the differences between women of different culture as girlfriends, at heart a women is unique and none are like her. Yes it may sometimes be easier to go with whats similar, however its the mystery and unknown things in life that make things fun. Of course those who want to be similar A, will have a hard time with Similar B. But no one is obligated to be defined in such a way. For those who are tired of struggling with those on the other side, cross the gap and mingle with the ones in between. I imagine there wont be much struggling there just one wicked party.

anyways back to simple "i want a japanese girlfriend" subject. They are cute and I'm glad to her they are more easy going. At least this tendency is working to my advantage :P

strawberricjam

Post by strawberricjam » Jan 28th, '07, 07:11

yamcha wrote:
strawberricjam wrote: haha true true i understand the view point ur coming from...i'm chinese too and i can understand too but were u born in china or where if u dont mind me askin
I was born in HK but I lived in the USA for basically all my life. What about you?

Kiki
i was born in the US and lived here all my life
thou i speak and understand chinese fully and understand my culture too
and i hate the fact that jsut becuz u were born here i'm consider
american and not chinese..oh well

Wella

Post by Wella » Jan 28th, '07, 08:08

Nice words mcmaster. Wise indeed.

Henry Miller:
'The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself.'

Japanese girls eh?

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 28th, '07, 08:30

Do not be silly and do not focus on the words of the stupid. No matter what they say and no matter how great their numbers, in the end they are powerless in all substancial ways because they create nothing of value nor do they pass on their heritage in any significant way since they take there culture for granted, unlike yourself.
strawberricjam wrote:i speak and understand chinese fully and understand my culture too
The above is what is of true importance.

In this new world of political correctness and forced equality, there are many of us who survive with what can be best called a strained connection to reality. Whole generations of humans beings who though media created opinions entertainment produced values have lost the instinct for healthy and original thought. I wonder if anyone here realizes that the original sole purpose of these dramas, no matter how great we may think they are the only purpose they serve is to stun us long enough with entertaining distraction in order to run a few commercials by us and there by profiting from our willingness to escape reality. This is not only considered moral, but even good. The consequences of this to society and the individual are never considered.

strawberricjam, the truth is that you have no choice but to be Chinese no matter what others may think or say. You coudn't be American no matter how hard you want to or how hard you try or pretend (I know you arent) You are not from the western culture so you cannot promote the western culture. Just the same if a westerner who learned Chinese culture cannot truly help or promote the Chinese culture in any meaningful way. It is completely without value for anyone to promote a culture that has no connection to who they are. That's why heritage is important.

But then if you have converted to Christianity then all is lost.

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 28th, '07, 09:00

It can also be said that interracial marriage not only does not bring the best of two words together but infact makes thousands of years of tradition come to a complete stop. It is quite impossible mixed children to incorporate two different cultures that are from very different origins.

Sauteed Pecking duck wrapped in crepes with red wine plum sauce? ...I'll pass.

Wella

Post by Wella » Jan 28th, '07, 09:48

yamcha wrote:It can also be said that interracial marriage not only does not bring the best of two words together but infact makes thousands of years of tradition come to a complete stop. It is quite impossible mixed children to incorporate two different cultures that are from very different origins.

To disagree with yamcha and for lack of my own words...

'How, sir, does one become a brahman?'

[The brahman]: 'When one is well-born on both the mother's and the father's side, and is of pure descent for seven generations, uncriticised and irreproachable with reference to birth, to such an extent does one become a brahman.'

[The Buddha]: 'Whoever ... has arrived at the destruction of birth, him I call a brahman.

--Sutta Nipata (III.9), in K.R. Norman's The Rhinoceros Horn and other Early Buddhist Poems.

I'm with Buddha on this one.

Oh yeah... Japanese girls are cute! :-)

mcmaster

Post by mcmaster » Jan 28th, '07, 10:50

Wella wrote: Henry Miller:
'The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself.'

Japanese girls eh?

I'm with Buddha on this on.
I totally agree Wella.

If someone asked, "what am I?" Guangfan answered, "There is nothing in the whole universe that is not you. -- zen mondo.

If I say I'm Male, than that is what I am, if i say I'm American than that is what I am, If I say "I'm human" that is what I am but if I say "I AM" then what I am is limitless. Is it culture, politics, places, etc that define me? or is it I am define by that which IS in this moment. The more and more we "define" ourselves the more en caged we become.

Man is not born free. He is born to free himself. --nanak

People become what they expect themselves to become -- Mahatma Gandhi

As for Japanese Girls, they are definitely worthy of "close attention"

I'm not really a poet or anything buts here's some imagery of thought that came to mind.
Japanese women are like a blade of grass. Delicate, fragile, their kimonos rippling around their ankles in the breeze whistling; a festivals merriment over yonder hills. Yet, on their edge they are as sharp as a knife, enough to draw blood. So tred lightly my friend, for the best traveler leaves no tracks.

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jan 28th, '07, 14:22

If you wanna use the Korean background, it'll work for older women in their mid40s and beyond.

As far as the American thing goes, you'll find folks with America fetishes, but they usually aren't Asian american fetishes. You can find some, though... although Tokyo definately isn't the place to pull the foreinger card.

As far as the women go out here, they are the same as anywhere else... basically.

If you truly want to find a great girl out here that doesn't have some sort of fetish, then you'd have to speak good Japanese and have a good sense of humor.

But, in all honesty, women out here can be more trailer park than women in the US.

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jan 28th, '07, 14:50

yamcha wrote:It can also be said that interracial marriage not only does not bring the best of two words together but infact makes thousands of years of tradition come to a complete stop. It is quite impossible mixed children to incorporate two different cultures that are from very different origins.

just deciding i'd rather do A than B can make 2,000 years of tradition come to a complete stop. People do what they want to do, unless continuing exactly what your parents do 100% is imporant to you im not sure this matter.

and seriously, in todays world, do people continue the exact traditions there parents do 100%?

your example is very narrow minded. i get your point, but you phrase it so black and white. i disagree.
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

strawberricjam

Post by strawberricjam » Jan 28th, '07, 15:21

yamcha wrote:Do not be silly and do not focus on the words of the stupid. No matter what they say and no matter how great their numbers, in the end they are powerless in all substancial ways because they create nothing of value nor do they pass on their heritage in any significant way since they take there culture for granted, unlike yourself.
strawberricjam wrote:i speak and understand chinese fully and understand my culture too
The above is what is of true importance.

In this new world of political correctness and forced equality, there are many of us who survive with what can be best called a strained connection to reality. Whole generations of humans beings who though media created opinions entertainment produced values have lost the instinct for healthy and original thought. I wonder if anyone here realizes that the original sole purpose of these dramas, no matter how great we may think they are the only purpose they serve is to stun us long enough with entertaining distraction in order to run a few commercials by us and there by profiting from our willingness to escape reality. This is not only considered moral, but even good. The consequences of this to society and the individual are never considered.

strawberricjam, the truth is that you have no choice but to be Chinese no matter what others may think or say. You coudn't be American no matter how hard you want to or how hard you try or pretend (I know you arent) You are not from the western culture so you cannot promote the western culture. Just the same if a westerner who learned Chinese culture cannot truly help or promote the Chinese culture in any meaningful way. It is completely without value for anyone to promote a culture that has no connection to who they are. That's why heritage is important.

But then if you have converted to Christianity then all is lost.
yes i understand that no matter how hard i want to be American i cant be( not that i want to be anyways.. loll) but it's like other dont think like u do they see me as an chinese-american. some even think i'm totally westernize and i'm just an american. see america is a place with all the nationality comes together so basically we are all american but i wouldn't call myself one and the last like u said made me laugh..i haven't converted to christianity thou i dont think i have any religion. oh well^^

nivek

Post by nivek » Jan 28th, '07, 15:55

To be called and to be an American you only have to be living here in the United States. That plays in hand with the original intention of this country: to be a meritocracy where your creed/ethnicity, religion, or beliefs make no difference in how far you can go, as long as you are conscious of what you need to be successful. I am an American before I am Burmese or "Japanese" (quotation marks because I'm not but I have tell people, especially in Japan, I'm not...)

There is a fine line that can be drawn between everyone, although there are some stereotypes that often remain true. For that reason, I often reject the Chinese blood in me because of how rude, how selfish, and how disrespectful the older immigrants are to others and the environment here in NYC. It's my ethics that are playing that card, but they certainly caught on to what it means to be an American because a lot of them are successful. I still don't like them.

Now, back to having fun with operational amplifiers... :doh:

By the way...don't be dry or boring. Having a very energetic Osaka personality works really well. :thumleft:

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 28th, '07, 16:55

Wella wrote:
To disagree with yamcha and for lack of my own words...

'How, sir, does one become a brahman?'

[The brahman]: 'When one is well-born on both the mother's and the father's side, and is of pure descent for seven generations, uncriticised and irreproachable with reference to birth, to such an extent does one become a brahman.'

[The Buddha]: 'Whoever ... has arrived at the destruction of birth, him I call a brahman.

--Sutta Nipata (III.9), in K.R. Norman's The Rhinoceros Horn and other Early Buddhist Poems.

I'm with Buddha on this one.
Not everybody is Indian nor is everybody in need of Indian mysticism. Buddha was a bizarre man who promoted people to stop focusing on what is real and meaningful but rather to focus on things such as karma, reincarnation, fate, destiny and other things that do not and have not never existed. Causing people to wait and wait and wait untill finally nirvana (i.e. nothingness) takes them away.

No thanks Buddha, I prefer to participate in life.

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Jan 28th, '07, 16:56

very interesting topic ^^
looks like japaneses girls are pretty popular in the world! ...poor of me...im not japanese but Chilean...living in Canda...so yes...im from somewhere and nowhere
mmm..should I look for a japanese boyfriend??? lol
another topic....sry guys!

but...c'mon! they're too cute! who doesnt wan one?

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 28th, '07, 17:02

Finding a Japanese boyfriend is not a problem. Finding a boyfriend from any nationality you wish is not a problem. Boys want to screw and they will screw anything. Seriously, anything.

Christabel

Post by Christabel » Jan 28th, '07, 17:12

yamcha wrote:Finding a Japanese boyfriend is not a problem. Finding a boyfriend from any nationality you wish is not a problem. Boys want to screw and they will screw anything. Seriously, anything.
rofl!! omg! thanks for your post, it really makes me happy!
so...i'll save money to go there!

but..do u know if people in japan ( most of them) are interesed in hispanic people or culture? i have two japanese friends on internet and both speaks spanish....but i've never asked them this...too shy yet XD

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 28th, '07, 17:15

nikochanr3 wrote:
your example is very narrow minded. i get your point, but you phrase it so black and white. i disagree.
Hmmm...so you don't like things in black and white huh? You prefer grey? OK.

Narrow minded huh? You are right about that that since I have no interested in being open minded. Being open minded basically means putting everything as equal. The opinions of the intelligent and the stupid are equal. The meaningful and the meaningless are equal. We must keep everything equal so as not to hurt anyone's feeling. This means excepting what is harmful too.

We must also pretend that everyone is equal even though some of us are ugly, stupid, emotionally broken, degenrate, insane and otherwise dysfunctional.

Please be as open minded as you wish. I myself, prefer to only choose what is best.
Last edited by yamcha on Jan 28th, '07, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

strawberricjam

Post by strawberricjam » Jan 28th, '07, 17:16

yamcha wrote:Finding a Japanese boyfriend is not a problem. Finding a boyfriend from any nationality you wish is not a problem. Boys want to screw and they will screw anything. Seriously, anything.
true that finding any bf of nationality is no problem lol thou if i dont see any cute japanes/koren/chinese boys here yet..ehh
funni comment thou lol ^^

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 28th, '07, 17:34

When i went to Japan the majority of girls were STUNNINGLY pretty, especially the schoolgirls :Dtheywerent shy on the hole and we met a couple of...shall i say...promiscuous and open about it schoolgirls :/ the uni students were nice, i got stuck on one of thecomputersan d a random japanese girl just came over and sorted it out for me. id love some japanese friends in england but you cant just go up tio someone and say @hey your Japanese, will you be my friend'....as unfortunate as that may be :lol

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 28th, '07, 17:39

Sure you can. just make sure she isn't in elementary school.

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 28th, '07, 17:41

haha! i saw a few attractive japanese people at the cinema the other day, but i didnt know what to say haha, its weird just to go over and say 'hey can i be your friend' or w/e :|

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 28th, '07, 17:43

It will be weird no matter what you say.

sambuk

Post by sambuk » Jan 28th, '07, 17:46

haha sure would, thats why it sucks...not being able to get japanese friends D: i wish there was some where i worked, or at my school :| ah well

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 28th, '07, 17:56

strawberricjam wrote:
true that finding any bf of nationality is no problem lol thou if i dont see any cute japanes/koren/chinese boys here yet..ehh
Well you certainly won't find a cute one here. Being cute would defeat the purpose of staying home and watching dramas all day long.
:D

So where do you live in the US?

41nano

Post by 41nano » Jan 28th, '07, 18:05

ROFL you made my day!
Seriously don't say that all boys want to screw, when I'm in love I think the thing I want to do the most is to hold the girl tightly (sorrry for my bad english)
Sex isn't that much important

mcmaster

Post by mcmaster » Jan 28th, '07, 19:52

41nano wrote: ROFL you made my day!
Seriously don't say that all boys want to screw, when I'm in love I think the thing I want to do the most is to hold the girl tightly (sorrry for my bad english)
I 2nd that! Holding a girl in your arms is as good as it gets. Pleasure of the Heart is much more rewarding than any physical pleasure could render. And not that sex is enjoyable but i would call it a side dish rather than the main course.
Christabel wrote:very interesting topic ^^
looks like japaneses girls are pretty popular in the world! ...poor of me...im not japanese but Chilean...living in Canda...so yes...im from somewhere and nowhere
mmm..should I look for a japanese boyfriend??? lol
another topic....sry guys!

but...c'mon! they're too cute! who doesnt wan one?
this post may talk more about japanese women, but I may speak for most men good company and beauty of the opposite sex is always welcome. Im sure there's some group of people that have a fetish for chileans :P

albertoavena

Post by albertoavena » Jan 28th, '07, 20:33

Heh, every race has it's beauty. :-) But I wouldn't call it a fetish though :lol Maybe an interest? I don't know, to me, the word fetish is something like, inappropriate. That's just me though. And I also agree that holding someone tight is such a great feeling, although I've never done it. I could only imagine... :-( It's even better if she holds you tight back....

Pretty interesting discussion here. I guess I'll give my input on Japanese girls. All I can say it, they're all different. I've heard stories that they've encountered cute girls who just wanted to rob them. But I've also heard they're very nice and sweet. When I went to Japan, pretty much all were helpful and nice so I guess I was pretty lucky..Don't know about dating/marrying them though.
Last edited by albertoavena on Jan 29th, '07, 06:26, edited 1 time in total.

tungie

Post by tungie » Jan 28th, '07, 20:57

first of all i would like to say, this was a great read =]. so many people seem to be generalising people because of certain races and nationalities. to be honest the main factor of how the person behaves is who they hang around with, where they live and how they are brought up by there parents and society. back when i was younger i always had a thing for white girls (im vietnamese) but when i grew up (19 soon) still young i know... but i realised that its more about the chick personality and looks that are what you are attracted to. although i got to admit watching all these dramas have made me kind of lean to asian chicks because generally they are cuter (don't find asians to be "hot" most are just "cute" that goes for looks and personalities). but yer.. thats the end of my rant. dont forget looks can be VERY freakin decieving ive got alot of asian female friends and some can be very nasty XD but cute at times too =P.

strawberricjam

Post by strawberricjam » Jan 28th, '07, 20:59

yamcha wrote:
strawberricjam wrote:
Well you certainly won't find a cute one here. Being cute would defeat the purpose of staying home and watching dramas all day long.

i live in Ohio and u?
it's a boring state..haha no i think there HAS to be a couple of boys that are cute lol jk

Moondy

Post by Moondy » Jan 28th, '07, 22:30

Baka!

there is no question to say japanese girl or not!!!

If you are in love,you are in love!!
That is all!

Wella

Post by Wella » Jan 28th, '07, 22:46

yamcha wrote:
strawberricjam wrote:
OMG! Is watching dramas all day going to stop making me CUTE!! I think i'm getting past the cute stage anyway! :O

I spent my New Years on a holiday with a bunch of old friends and others, including a Japanese couple. They were a cute couple and he was a very lucky man for she was beautiful! One of the special moments of the trip was when she made us all toshikoshi soba (noodles) on New Years eve.

I should have asked her if she had any available girlfriends... heh! :wink:

mcmaster

Post by mcmaster » Jan 28th, '07, 23:07

Ah, i envy you. I have a few friends that are half american half Japanese but unfortunately they are all taken already. one of them does have several japanese american cousins and she said she would let me know when theres a get together. However that time has yet to come to pass. guess ill go back to j-drama as well. I finished last few episodes hana yori dango S1 last night being S2 is the next best thing recently.

strawberricjam

Post by strawberricjam » Jan 28th, '07, 23:11

ohh i know hana yori dango S2 is soo good i love it!
but that's another topic lol
but yes if u dont have a japanes gf stick to dramas
and i promise u,, u wont turn UNcute~ lol

EleKYAH

Post by EleKYAH » Jan 28th, '07, 23:39

Hmm, the post has turned into an interesting thing =) I only will explain my history for whoever takes their own conclusions.

Well, my mom is korean and my dad spanish, ive born in Spain and lived the whole of my life (xcept 1 year, at the age of 3 that i dont remember) in Spain. When i was little, i known korean and traveled 2 times to South Korea (at the age of 2 and 3 years respectively). Since the age of 5, begging elementary school, i deleted all my memories of Korea, korean language and anything about Korea, and my mom has been 30 years out of Korea so she passes of korean culture and language. All my life i was a spanish kid and the only korean think i had was my second surname (Lim). In high school, when ppl talks about my azn part i rejected this and get offensed, like renegating of my azn part, that caused ppl make laugh of me by the azn thing. This summer (since may-june 2006) i began to find my own identity, with a definited personality and tastes. Without a reason, i begin to like azn music (most jap), doramas (ive only seen Densha Otoko, Summer Snow and Sekachu in this moment, all jap u see XD), azn girls, azn feed, and these things (hey! too slowly, not like now that im azn "expert")... i was surprised when i discovered that i like this amount all azn things, more than spanish things, much more. So in september i thought "why not learn korean??" (althought i dont know the korean culture and these things, the most i know of azn was jap, but anyway). So i joined an korean academy, and until now, i was discovering all the korean and azn in general culture and tastes (well i get doubts on it this autumn cos i get a depression, personal problem, but i surpassed that) and now (and i repeat, without any influence or anything that caused or forced it, so i dont know why is it) im rlly proud of my azn part, i prefer my azn part more than the spanish part, anyway i know who am I, and im rlly proud of be mestize. My history is like Danniel Henney's history in doramas XD

For all these mestize persons, don't forget, u have 2 cultures, u haven't why choose one of the two and renegate of the other, u can have the two (anyways u will prefer more one than the other, but liking the other too).

Wella

Post by Wella » Jan 29th, '07, 00:11

EleKYAH wrote: For all these mestize persons, don't forget, u have 2 cultures, u haven't why choose one of the two and renegate of the other, u can have the two (anyways u will prefer more one than the other, but liking the other too).
I think anyone who has 2 cultures is lucky.. so much more to explore...

Coming from a country with a history which only really covers 200 years... finding a cultural identity is hard. I prefer to just call myself a Kiwi with a culture that consists of having barbecues and going to the beach. Luckily my city Auckland must be one of the most multi cultural cities in the world, which is great because I can enjoy the cultures of many. :-)

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 29th, '07, 02:09

strawberricjam wrote:

i live in Ohio and u?
it's a boring state..haha no i think there HAS to be a couple of boys that are cute lol jk[/quote]

In HK but from California. So how does a chinese wind up in Ohio?

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 29th, '07, 02:23

mcmaster wrote:
41nano wrote: ROFL you made my day!
I 2nd that! Holding a girl in your arms is as good as it gets. Pleasure of the Heart is much more rewarding than any physical pleasure could render. And not that sex is enjoyable but i would call it a side dish rather than the main course.
Maybe you guys should get a motel room. :D

strawberricjam

Post by strawberricjam » Jan 29th, '07, 03:57

yamcha wrote:
strawberricjam wrote:

i live in Ohio and u?
it's a boring state..haha no i think there HAS to be a couple of boys that are cute lol jk
In HK but from California. So how does a chinese wind up in Ohio?[/quote]\

lol i'm not sure u should ask my parents lol but yeah how did u wind up in cali? u like there lots of asians there too!

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 29th, '07, 06:48

My parents met in college in Calilfornia and then married in HK. After having me, we all moved back to California as a family for my father to go to medical school.

strawberricjam

Post by strawberricjam » Jan 30th, '07, 21:21

i think that's soo cute!! my parent's got married in china before coming to the US. so yeah
do u speak chinese?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 30th, '07, 21:57

strawberricjam wrote:i live in Ohio and u?
Which town? Haven't been back to Ohio since moving away from it many years ago. iirc, there was a Chinatown in Cleveland and a few Chinese schools.

I don't think there are Japanese people in Ohio unless you are very close to detroit.

btw, Chinese people are EVERYWHERE. Somebody has to run the Chinese restaurants :P
Jdrama Chinese fansub index 2006 | 2007

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 30th, '07, 22:07

strawberricjam wrote:i think that's soo cute!! my parent's got married in china before coming to the US. so yeah
do u speak chinese?
Certainly! Read and write it too. Your avatar picture is really cute. Can you post more pictures of yourself? You look as cute as one of those girls in a Japanese manga :D

strawberricjam

Post by strawberricjam » Jan 31st, '07, 00:40

yamcha wrote:
strawberricjam wrote:i think that's soo cute!! my parent's got married in china before coming to the US. so yeah
do u speak chinese?
Certainly! Read and write it too. Your avatar picture is really cute. Can you post more pictures of yourself? You look as cute as one of those girls in a Japanese manga :D
haha thanks that's very nice
yea i do live in cleveland like hte post above u said. lol
ohh u can see my myspace if u want to lol
http://www.myspace.com/strawberric
do u have one?

yamcha

Post by yamcha » Jan 31st, '07, 01:31

No, I don't have a Myspace account. There seems to be a lot of weirdos on my space. I don't have a website but i'll change my avatar for fun.

mun78

Post by mun78 » Jan 31st, '07, 02:00

tungie wrote:first of all i would like to say, this was a great read =]. so many people seem to be generalising people because of certain races and nationalities. to be honest the main factor of how the person behaves is who they hang around with, where they live and how they are brought up by there parents and society. back when i was younger i always had a thing for white girls (im vietnamese) but when i grew up (19 soon) still young i know... but i realised that its more about the chick personality and looks that are what you are attracted to. although i got to admit watching all these dramas have made me kind of lean to asian chicks because generally they are cuter (don't find asians to be "hot" most are just "cute" that goes for looks and personalities). but yer.. thats the end of my rant. dont forget looks can be VERY freakin decieving ive got alot of asian female friends and some can be very nasty XD but cute at times too =P.
yeah, you said it. There really is nothing hot about asians. It's just their looks. lol.