Gackt

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Apr 30th, '09, 15:44

From Dears community at LJ posted by tachi_cherrypie

Gackt in May Dorama!
I'm not sure if anyone is aware of this yet, but it's official! Gackt will be in a dorama called Mr. Brain. He will appear in an episode, as far as i know, and it'll be aired on TBS May 23, so look for him! (He'll be appearing in episode 2 on May 30 by the way)

There will also be other guests, Ebizu Ichikawa and Takuya Kimura will be there for the first story. On the second one Ryoko Hirosue and KOYUKI.

I think it'll be worth watching even if he only appears in one episode. eh? Here's the day and hour that Dears released.

Sorry for bothering those of you who already knew about this... (u。u)

Gacktのドラマ出演が決定!
5月23日スタートのTBSドラマ「MR.BRAIN」(土曜19:56~)に、Gacktの出演が決まりました。
Gacktは第2話(5月30日OA)に登場します。
ご期待ください!

More info at DramaWiki

He's not listed under the cast.

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » May 2nd, '09, 11:49

Gackt will appear today at 23.00 (Japan time) on the talk-show 『恋のから騒ぎ』 (Much Ado About Love) on 日本テレビ (Nihon TV).
It can be watched through KeyHoleTV

The time around the world can be found here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Jhobbit

Post by Jhobbit » May 17th, '09, 04:42

Now I'm really looking forward to seeing Mr. Brain. What a line up of actors and actresses. He is so mesmerizing on the screen. He is weird and sexy at the same time. He reminds me of the transvestite on the Rocky Horror Picture Show

LissyLamoire

Post by LissyLamoire » Jul 4th, '09, 01:25

Bunraku postponed
Bunraku, Gackts Hollywood movie that would have come out in november 2009 has been postponed. It has been anounced in a TV Asashi: Music Station article ... the exact release date hasn't been confirmed yet but it will be somewhere in 2010.

I've found that on several fanpages....
(It's kinda old news but I saw it nowhere in this topic so I thought lets share it, sorry for the ones that allready knew this)

Ps: 誕生日おめでとうございます (dunno if that's right) Aw well.... Happy Birthday Gackt with your 469th birthday!!! ♥ xD

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Sep 1st, '09, 14:51

Scource: dears LJ community

GACKT will be representing Japan at Asian Song Festival 2009 in 19th September at Seoul's World Cup Stadium, It will be aired in 30 countries and territories, including the US and Europe.Admission is free and foreigners are welcomed to attend. Register your interest at the official website now!

Finalized list of performers (51 performers from 9 countries)

Korea: Big Bang, Super Junior, SNSD, 2NE1
Japan: GACKT, mihimaru GT, V6
China: Chris Lee
Taiwan: Show Luo
Hong Kong: Ekin Cheng
Thailand: K-Otic
Vietnam: Ho Ngoc Ha
Indonesia: Agnes Monica
Ukraine: Ruslana

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Nov 5th, '09, 15:17

Tokyograph (Nov 5th 2009)
MainIchi (with pictures)
Japanese Yahoo Entertainment

Gackt has been given the lead role in a theatrical version of the jidaigeki story "Nemuri Kyoshiro." This will be his first performance in a stage play.

Originally a series of novels by Renzaburo Shibata, "Nemuri Kyoshiro" has been the basis of more than a dozen films and several television dramas. The story revolves around a sleepy-eyed swordsman born from a Japanese mother and a foreign father.
Performances are scheduled to begin at the Nissay Theatre in Tokyo next May.

At the press conference Gackt revealed his real age.
Being 36 years old.
Edit:There were many results for Nemuri Kyoshiro on DramaWiki so I don't really now which one it's supposed to be.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Nemuri_Kyoshiro_(TV_Asahi) (TV Asahi - 2005)
Nemuri Kyoshiro (TV Tokyo - 2005)
Nemuri Kyoshiro ~ Burari Hika (TV Tokyo 2005)

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Nov 6th, '09, 18:16

At the press conference of the game Samurai Warriors 3 on August 5, it was revealed that famed JPop/JRock artist GACKT will be performing the theme song for the game.

The songs "Zan" ("斬~ZAN~") and "Setsugetsuka" ("雪月花 -The end of silence-") will be used in the promotional CMs for the game, and will also be featured in the game's ending. The single for "Zan" is set to be released on December 9th 2009.

GACKTのニュー・シングルは、大人気ゲームソフト「戦国無双3」のテーマソングに決定! 「戦国無双」のTV-CMはもちろん、ゲーム本編でも楽曲が使用される予定。インストを含む全4曲収録予定。

Track list:
01 雪月花 -The end of silence-
02 斬~ZAN~
03 雪月花 -The end of silence- (inst)
04 斬~ZAN~ (inst)

The single can be pre-ordered at:
YesAsia: Setsugetsuka -The end of silence- (Japanese Version)
Amazon (Japan): タイトル未定 [Single] [Maxi]

darena_x

Post by darena_x » May 31st, '10, 17:37

but doesn't Gackt look like woman? the first time i saw my sister looking at him me and her had a debate as to whether it was a woman on the pic or a man, fortunately my sis was right and it is a man.hehehe he has adrogenous look doesn't he? still gorgeous though.

darena_x

Post by darena_x » May 31st, '10, 18:47

Dreamfall wrote:Hiya! I need Gackts song "Longing" but dont know where to download it????
I have "Redemtion" n it so cool song... :wub:
I showed some pics of Gackt to my friend..he says he looks bit like a girl (ARRGHHH!)...n he couldnt belive that such a strong voice is coming from Gackt's mouth!
If there is someone like Gackt in my country ...I would marry him without a single doubt...gtg.ja-na!
Hm to be honest he can look like a woman on some pictures coz the first time i saw him me and my sister had a debate as to whether he was a woman or a man, but on some others he looks masculine which i think suits him better, coz otherwise he looks way too gay and liking him makes me feel as if i like a woman. but the pic u posted doesn't it look like he has boobs? to me for some reason it does. no offence.

darena_x

gockt look alikes

Post by darena_x » May 31st, '10, 19:54

Dreamfall wrote:So there was a competition...like who looks more like Gackt??? Did they imitate his look n style or his voice n singing...??? :scratch:
I thought if hollywood stars have their doubles...there must be someone who is Gackt's double.I saw some pics of Gackt like ''before n after'' but couldn't download...it's forbiden!
Can someone post pics of young Gackt here...I'm curious how he looked before becoming famous??? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: Can anyone do that.....????
hehe u wanna gackt look a like hehe just let me put those pics side to side and you will see what i mean. the woman is called diam's a french rap singer.
Attachments
diams02.jpg
diams02.jpg (18.69 KiB) Viewed 14754 times
Gackt52.jpg
Gackt52.jpg (57.09 KiB) Viewed 14754 times
GACKT193.jpg
he looks like jeniffer lopez in this picture doesn't he?
GACKT193.jpg (40.08 KiB) Viewed 14754 times

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » May 20th, '11, 22:30

For those who don't know yet. Tour dates have now officially been announced.
Tickets will go on sale on Friday, 27th May at 15:00CET.
Check back here for more info: http://www.twisted-talent.com/?p=ontour&artistid=39

Sources

http://gackt.com/
http://www.twisted-talent.com/
http://www.gan-shin.com/41-1-gackt.html
http://www.jpopasia.com/news/gackt-2011 ... :6882.html

YELLOW FRIED CHICKENz 2011 EUROPEAN TOUR
20.07.2011 - Le Bataclan, Paris [FR]
21.07.2011 - Le Bataclan, Paris [FR]
23.07.2011 - E-Werk, Cologne [DE]
26.07.2011 - Melkweg, Amsterdam [NL]
27.07.2011 - Forum, London [UK]
29.07.2011 - Bikini, Toulouse [FR]
30.07.2011 - Razzmatazz, 1 Barcelona [ES]
01.08.2011 - Backstage, Werk Munich [DE]
03.08.2011 - Huxleys, Berlin [DE]
04.08.2011 - Syma B, Budapest [HU]
06.08.2011 - Stodola, Warsaw [PL]
07.08.2011 - Haus, Auensee Leipzig [DE]
09.08.2011 - Arenan, Stockholm [SE]
11.08.2011 - Arena, Moscow Club Moscow [RU]

Peggy

Post by Peggy » May 21st, '11, 00:46

For whatever reason I never thought Gackt was anything but masculine. His personality is much too strong for a woman. I used to enjoy seeing him on HeyHeyHey and he always won every game competition and always was very much a man. You only have to see and hear him singing with the group once and you know he is definitely not a woman and not gay. Very interesting person altogether.

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » May 21st, '11, 01:22

Peggy wrote:For whatever reason I never thought Gackt was anything but masculine. His personality is much too strong for a woman. I used to enjoy seeing him on HeyHeyHey and he always won every game competition and always was very much a man. You only have to see and hear him singing with the group once and you know he is definitely not a woman and not gay. Very interesting person altogether.
:thumright: Peggy! Agree with you 100%.

Ethlenn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Ethlenn » May 26th, '11, 19:08

Hm, I think the only song by Gackt I know is Secret Garden, and I saw also some shirtless one song from a concert, and I faintly remember one "gothic" video (a lot of blue color, I think) when my hubae (errm.. kouhai) were trying to convert me to J-rock (fail).
I have one opinion on Gackt though - one may not like him, but one has to respect him.
Popularity? Since I know what it means to be forgotten, I won''t be shaken by it. KNG

Orion1986

Post by Orion1986 » May 26th, '11, 20:00

I agree. I personally do love his music (most of it), but his style and overall weirdness is something I really don't want to get into.
He's nuts, but the guy is a kick ass musician and business man and whatever else he does, which he probably does just as well.

There are some people that have talent or talents and then there are some that have them and use them the best way they could.
He's like that. He's multi-talented, uses his talents well, makes good quality stuff and keeps on going and enjoying what he does.

Gackt rocks. He simply does.

Peggy

Post by Peggy » May 28th, '11, 21:50

I guess Gackt is somewhat mysteriious. I think he likes it that way...part of the persona. Long time ago read that he has very nice abode with swimming pool which he keeps in use with at least one naked lady in the water to make it look pretty.

Now that sounds pleasant and not at all like crazy to me.

YukawaManabu

Post by YukawaManabu » Jul 6th, '13, 05:50

He is forty years old. I can't believe it. he still looks so young and well...pretty. He's coming up with a "Best of" album, right?

Keiko1981
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Jul 6th, '13, 06:01

YukawaManabu wrote:He is forty years old. I can't believe it. he still looks so young and well...pretty. He's coming up with a "Best of" album, right?
Yes, the Best of albums was released on July 3rd in Japan.

YukawaManabu

Post by YukawaManabu » Jul 7th, '13, 04:10

Thanks! I will have to check it out online.