Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

Who is/has taken some Japanese classes?

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.

Are you taking a Japanese class?

Yes, and I started taking Japanese b/c of doramas
19%
Yes, but it has nothing to do with Jdoramas
44%
No, but I've taken some classes before
36%
No, and I never will! Japanese is too hard >.<
2%

Total votes: 64

KuroRyu

Post by KuroRyu » Feb 20th, '07, 09:24

Im taking japanese lessons as part of an international "version" of my programme. We have this really nice teacher straight from Nippon :). The main reason I'm studying japanese isnt because of dramas/animes et.c. I've always had a fascination for Japan and Japanese culture. So learning the language just feels like a natural thing to do. Of course I've been inspired and to some extent motivated by jdramas and anime series. I think it's a great way to learn/imporve ur language skills. But when it comes to grammar and reading/writing, I personally prefer being taught by a Nipponjin :).

choco_kinoko

Post by choco_kinoko » Feb 20th, '07, 10:28

Misfit wrote:Sadly, I cannot click any options on the poll. I am learning Japanese all by my lonesome. I immigrated to the US from the UK, and for around five years I've had a lot of ups and downs and I am still not through it all yet :-/ It also means I actuall cannot attend classes of any kind in the US. Which is a pain since I now know, after years of major depression, what I want to do with my life. That is to be a translator or English teacher. Someone working with the people and the language :-D

If you have a bachelors degree, join JET (http://jetprogramme.org/). You can learn Japanese first hand and teach English :)

green_bastard

Post by green_bastard » Feb 25th, '07, 04:37

I've been studying Japanese for the past 14 months, most of which has been all by my lonesome self. However, I did complete four weeks of classes at a (good) private language school in Japan. (I'm going back there this May/June.) My interests lean more towards reading, but speaking skills are also nice to have.

Is it a difficult language to learn? That depends on the individual. Personally, it's just too much fun to be difficult, as I find the combination of kanji, hiragana, katakana, romaji, and arabic numerals rather interesting. (And hey, let's not forget those other occasional oddball characters, such as the post office symbol.) Fun fun fun!

jessiesoon

Post by jessiesoon » Mar 5th, '07, 05:47

studied japanese in uni, last yr...to gain enough credit to graduate...
and then i got so interested in everything that's japanese-related...
now, i'm trying to learn on my own, as i've graduated from uni!!
might sign up for classes if i hav the time...

rikki

Post by rikki » Mar 5th, '07, 07:48

Im currently studying Japanese this semester and most probably next semester at University. This semester is a double credit point class as it covers 2 semester's worth of work in 1 semester. Anyway, next year I can study my degree abroad in Japan at one of 43 'sister' universities. The information evening for the study abroad is a week away and I get to find out all the juicy details on how and what I have to do to go abroad for either 6 months or a year (your choice). :D