Korean Pop Star Diva Say No Nude Pictures to Japan

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
captain-nippon

Korean Pop Star Diva Say No Nude Pictures to Japan

Post by captain-nippon » Jul 19th, '06, 16:33

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/ ... 40033.html

Vicky Says 'No!' to Export of Nude Photos to Japan

The Playmates are Coming to Town!
Korean Playboy Model Lee Comes Home
Lee Sabi and 1,500 Others at Playboy's 50th Anniversary Party in Seoul
Second Round of Lee Sabi Nude Pics To Go Public
ICEC Debates Lee Sabi's 'Hair Nudes'
Diva's Vicky Gets Support from Other Nude Stars
Korea’s First Playboy Model -- a Star Overnight
Korean Playboy Girl Gets Ready for World Cup Shoot
Pop star Vicky has refused to allow her nude photos to be exported to Japan.

Vicky was recently offered a US$100,000 contract from Hong Kong-based WUFU Business Co., Ltd. to release her nude photo collection on Japanese portal sites. Vicky, however, frankly stated her opposition, saying, "No matter how much I needed money, I wouldn't want my nude photos sent to Japan."

WUFU Business is the company that imported Ham So-won's nude photos last year for US$50,000. Taking into consideration how Vicky is currently a popular singer with the group Diva, the company highly evaluated the business potential of her recently-shot nude photos and offered the star a huge contract along with plans to release her photos in Japan.

The producers of Vicky's nude photo collection said, "If we thought of just profits, we world try to convince Vicky to export her photos to Japan, but we want to want to respect her opposition."

With import requests coming in from China, Taiwan, the Philippines, Vietnam and other places, however, it appears that she will sign contracts to send her photos to all those regions -- except Japan.

Vicky's nude photos get about 50,000 connections a day through mobile service and 300,000 a day through Internet service (www.moutiv.com).

(Hwang Su-cheol, midas@sportschosun.com )

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jul 19th, '06, 16:39

Um, the internet is available in japan, and people can just import playboy. :lol moron....

captain-nippon

Post by captain-nippon » Jul 19th, '06, 16:41

OK that's fine...Just don't ever step foot in Japan are sell another CD in Japan.........

This idiot must be brain dead or something...I think she just lost about 5 fans she has in Japan..

Might as well Say I hate Japanese....idiot.

zindaka

Post by zindaka » Jul 19th, '06, 16:43

lol, what does she have against japan?
that is so random, although, i do notice alot at my highschool that the koreans and japanese have some anceint history.

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jul 19th, '06, 16:53

plus she didnt say what she was opposed to exactly. IM NOT LETTING JAPANESE SEE MY BOOBIES!

im not sure the statement it makes.

Sharpneru

Post by Sharpneru » Jul 19th, '06, 17:30

It's cause Koreans don't like Japan, cause of what Japan did I think. My friend told me about Japan and Korea. Some old school history.

The Japanese even created a word in Korean that is racist to Koreans...

chousenji or something. duno how to spell korean.

RyeCrimsonMoon

Post by RyeCrimsonMoon » Jul 19th, '06, 17:40

Well, I guess she has that right to deny Japan the direct right to look at her assests... even though she has to think they don't have Google.

captain-nippon

Post by captain-nippon » Jul 20th, '06, 00:13

Japan should Black list her and her group from ever coming to Japan. Ban all CD's and movies with her in it...

yes, she does have the rights to deny Japan, but Japan also have the rights to deny her....

The so call Korean wave has taken a usually turn, I wouldn't be surprise if more korean stars has a "Hatred Feeling For Japan"....I hope they come out and say hope they feel..

hikkichan

Post by hikkichan » Jul 20th, '06, 13:36

DIVA is so old... kind of a late bloomer to be sticking out Nude photos.

It's funny how the ROK has such a conservative society, but once someone does something "big" on the American market, they make a big fuss about it. They're even worse than Japan about hair nudes... and they're singing Vicky's praises because she was in an American magazine show her carpet.

I feel like playing frisbee with my DIVA CDs now :(

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Jul 20th, '06, 15:08

I wonder if playboy will ask Lady's members to make some nude shots. :dopey:

J1N

Post by J1N » Aug 4th, '06, 22:58

Sharpneru wrote:It's cause Koreans don't like Japan, cause of what Japan did I think. My friend told me about Japan and Korea. Some old school history.

The Japanese even created a word in Korean that is racist to Koreans...

chousenji or something. duno how to spell korean.
yup, you're correct. i think the word was chosenjin, chosun/chosen = the name japan gave to koreans when they were annexed, and jin = person.

japan had annexed korea in the past, and for koreans, it's not a pleasant memory, even to those who hadn't lived during that period. koreans are uber nationalistic, and when it comes to soccer in the world cup, or baseball in WBC, they have the mentality that korea should defeat japan at all costs. especially old people. ==;

and yes, it's racist, i'm aware of that. i'm not going to stand up for her because i also don't approve of it. but when i look at the replies in this thread, the attacks made by some people aren't exactly praise-worthy either...

expo1970

Post by expo1970 » Sep 2nd, '06, 12:39

just to clear things up, "chosenjin" is not a racist term. that's just the word for a person of the chosen peninsula (korean peninsula). Usually it implies north korean these days, though, as it is becoming more standard to call south koreans, kankokujin.

htm198

Post by htm198 » Sep 2nd, '06, 12:49

japanese sucks. they are all monsters. rmb world war 2?

htm198

Post by htm198 » Sep 2nd, '06, 12:49

snowbird

Post by snowbird » Sep 2nd, '06, 14:08

racial hate is a bad thing
relations between japan and korea are a delicate matter

coming from a country with some history of its own (germany) my advice is
to just keep our mouths shut unless we have something productive to say.
i don't think anyone here is qualified to comment on the matter
(apart from vicky sucks or japan sucks and the likes.)

this especially goes to captain-nippon, who for whatever reason seems to have the urge to stir up the topic?

JapanSuki

Post by JapanSuki » Sep 2nd, '06, 14:35

someone post some of her nude pics. :P
I wanna see what the fuss is about. ^_^

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Sep 2nd, '06, 14:47

JapanSuki wrote:someone post some of her nude pics. :P
I wanna see what the fuss is about. ^_^
i second that.

SSJSubgeta
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by SSJSubgeta » Sep 2nd, '06, 15:06

i trice on that i wanna see....i seen pics of her with clothes, lol i dont think she is all that and a bag of chips.

But on a side note I urge all people with the holy mod powers to make this rule any anti-country,racist, and the lights of any comment or argument of any country vs country this and that should be banned from this site. I love this community to be as clean as it has and with its great members. I would like to keep it clean. please make this a standard rule for this community.

We can all enjoy.

captain-nippon

Post by captain-nippon » Sep 5th, '06, 07:37

Why the heck would anyone want to see her photo though? She's chicken for god sake.
That's what people alway say when they can't defend their country, or too weak to win a war.
japan had annexed korea in the past, and for koreans, it's not a pleasant memory, even to those who hadn't lived during that period. koreans are uber nationalistic, and when it comes to soccer in the world cup, or baseball in WBC, they have the mentality that korea should defeat japan at all costs. especially old people. ==;
The same old people that were afraid to dies and didn't do their jobs to protect their family and country for outside invaders. The have the mentality to beat Japan at everything, except WARS of course.

I think your assessment of the old people in korea are wrong. There is a sense of fratrastion and denial. I think the old koreans are very upset and angry at the japanese for their invasion. What is more frustration for the koreans are the facts that Japanese RULED korea for 40 years. it's even more unthinkable for the koreans are that they didn't break free of the japanese on their own. The Japanese army retreated from Korean because they lost the war with America.

Nationalists Japanese have alway felt that koreans, chinese, Vietnamese and all the asian nations are inferior to them, based on the facts that their country was more developed than anyother asians country at that time, 1900-1944. There's was huge amount of imported western science and technology into Japan in 1860-1900. Those technologies also protected japan in 1905 when the russians invaded them, and japan defeated the mother Russia.

Even today, Japan is still more developed than anyother asians countries. Especially Viet Nam. In fact most of the constructions, Air ports and brigdes are builds by Japanese companies. As for Koreans, they never want to admit anything Japan better than koreans, even if they know it. This is where most koreans get their mentality from, beat Japan at anything, even if it's playing chess.. Vietnamese and Chinese knows Japans is more developed and they don't have since a dangerous mentality toward Japanese, tthey rather focus on the business side of things.

This she can do whatever she wants, it's her rights. This girl is probably nobody in korea, that's why she resort selling her body. Last time i check it's not respectable profession in korea or in Japan or anywhere....

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Sep 5th, '06, 07:41

Wow, what a dumb chick...haha.

PocketKiriyama

Post by PocketKiriyama » Sep 5th, '06, 08:24

wo wo wo
captain nippon no matter what just keep it to yourself.
It sounded like a bashing of the koreans right here.
Just keep it low and clean.
I don't want any hot heads coming in here and starting a little fight because of that post.

I know they sometimes get on your nerves but hey everyone have a certain pride.
It's just they are holding much more so than most of us.

On a note, I really enjoy Korean sportsman vs. Japanese sportsman.
Reason being the rivalry between the two country makes awesome games.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Sep 5th, '06, 08:38

Hmm... Actually, I find it hilarious after the other rants that Cappy actually remembered where Japan got so many of the tools and technologies that allowed them to have a relatively quick advancement in industrialization in the first place.

May be hope there yet. Of a sort. Maybe.

Oh, about the naked chick? I'd download it. Breasts are good friends to have...

Tao Libra

Post by Tao Libra » Sep 5th, '06, 09:35

htm198 wrote:japanese sucks.
I think you mean "Japan sucks," or maybe "the Japanese suck." If you're going to spout prejudiced nonsense, you could at least use correct English so you only sound like a racist idiot, rather than an illiterate racist idiot.
htm198 wrote:they are all monsters.
"They are ALL monsters," eh? Every single one of them? All 128 million of them?

Well, I am so glad that you personally inspected and interviewed the entire population of Japan, one by one, so you could offer us that thoroughly professional assessment.

Or… perhaps you're just offering a hateful, grotesque, and meaningless generalization with no basis in truth…?

One or the other, anyway. I know which one I'd call it.
htm198 wrote:rmb world war 2?
No — and unless you're pushing 70 years of age, neither do you.

But if what you really meant to say was, "Let's remember that World War II occurred, and let's blame the current population of Japan for actions committed by their ancestors over 60 years ago," well then of course that's completely fair and reasonable, isn't it? [/sarcasm]

Moron.

itachi666

Post by itachi666 » Sep 5th, '06, 16:24

Tao Libra wrote:
htm198 wrote:japanese sucks.
I think you mean "Japan sucks," or maybe "the Japanese suck." If you're going to spout prejudiced nonsense, you could at least use correct English so you only sound like a racist idiot, rather than an illiterate racist idiot.
htm198 wrote:they are all monsters.
"They are ALL monsters," eh? Every single one of them? All 128 million of them?

Well, I am so glad that you personally inspected and interviewed the entire population of Japan, one by one, so you could offer us that thoroughly professional assessment.

Or… perhaps you're just offering a hateful, grotesque, and meaningless generalization with no basis in truth…?

One or the other, anyway. I know which one I'd call it.
htm198 wrote:rmb world war 2?
No — and unless you're pushing 70 years of age, neither do you.

But if what you really meant to say was, "Let's remember that World War II occurred, and let's blame the current population of Japan for actions committed by their ancestors over 60 years ago," well then of course that's completely fair and reasonable, isn't it? [/sarcasm]

Moron.
LOL

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Sep 5th, '06, 19:46

captain nippon, what is your problem? you should honestly be banned from the site. Every post you make is racist. (im ignoring the other jerks cause they obviously signed up just to flame bait.)

J1N

Post by J1N » Sep 23rd, '06, 04:28

captain-nippon wrote:
The same old people that were afraid to dies and didn't do their jobs to protect their family and country for outside invaders. The have the mentality to beat Japan at everything, except WARS of course.
Really, it's fascinating to hear your opinion on this. Have you had any Korean relatives who lived during that time? If so, I'd gladly back off.
expo1970 wrote:just to clear things up, "chosenjin" is not a racist term. that's just the word for a person of the chosen peninsula (korean peninsula). Usually it implies north korean these days, though, as it is becoming more standard to call south koreans, kankokujin.
that's pretty interesting... i never knew that it usually implies n. koreans nowadays. i guess i misunderstood, sorry about that.

Valen

Post by Valen » Sep 23rd, '06, 06:25

Seen one naked butt, seen them all. What's all the riot about?

What DIVA can do for me is, cry me a river, build a bridge over it, jump from the bridge and drown herself.

As for WW2... it's been over for 61 years... Generations born after the war should rather work together than accusing each other of something they have not experienced and they, often, lack any actual knowledge about. Americans bombed my hometown, so what. That was way back, I wasn't there. Sucked for the people back then, but that was then, this is now, the 21st century. I have friends in America, UK, Aussieland, Malaysia and Japan. Three of those countries were the enemy of my country in the war, so what? That was then, this is now.

Though... requesting permission to beat the hell out of htm198. What does "rmb" mean anway? Ar Em Be? Doesn't make sense to me. If you abbreviate something, make sure it makes sense.

Crazy Penguin

Post by Crazy Penguin » Sep 23rd, '06, 12:42

htm198 wrote:japanese sucks. they are all monsters. rmb world war 2?
Oh my god!

Ueto Aya is a monster!

Itoh Misako is a monster!

Suzuki Anne is a monster!

But I guess the biggest threat and most horrible monster of all of them must be Fukuda Mayuko. Not to mention Abe HIroshi, oh dear, just wait till he stomps a few cities and uses his atomic breath! AAAH! The horror!!!! Need a name for him, though, Abzilla? Hirodan? Mothshi?

Someone shut that guy up before I choke and die on my own laughter at such stupidity. Someone give that kid some history lessons... most efficiently with a pointy stick or an iron pipe.

While I'm at it... All Germans were monsters and helped gassing the Jews, right? Completely ignore the fact that the many people in the camps were actually Germans (communists, homosexuals, jews (who had German citizenship, mind you)) and that there were several German resistance movement (most famous certainly the White Rose).

Or... [sarcasm]Remember the American Civil War and how North and South killed each other? All Yanks are monsters, since they burned down Atlanta!!! Other way around, all Southerners are monsters!!! Their ancestors used and defended slavery!!!! Today they all must burn for what happened some 150 years ago when none of them was born!!!!! Or... the Napoleonic Wars, which devastated Europ!!! All French are monsters!!! Or what else do we have... oh yes... Caesar, invaded most of Europe! All Italians are monsters!!! [/sarcasm]

Oh yeah, about the nude pictures... Ok, who the F really cares... It's just another chick holding her naked boobs and her pubic hair into the camera to get some attention, nothing new there. Her career must have hit a really low point when she has to "promote" herself with such ideas.

I state this now. As protest against her action, none of my nude pictures will be published in Korea!

doink-chan
United States of America

Post by doink-chan » Sep 23rd, '06, 17:08

J1N wrote:
expo1970 wrote:just to clear things up, "chosenjin" is not a racist term. that's just the word for a person of the chosen peninsula (korean peninsula). Usually it implies north korean these days, though, as it is becoming more standard to call south koreans, kankokujin.
that's pretty interesting... i never knew that it usually implies n. koreans nowadays. i guess i misunderstood, sorry about that.
In fact, the accepted term in North Korea to refer to Korea is "Chosen", rather than "Hanguk" (written and pronounced in Japanese as 韓国 Kankoku).

doinkies remembers hearing that when NHK set up a "Learn Korean" program a couple years ago when K-dramas were becoming popular in Japan, at first they used 韓国語 (Kankokugo) in the title, but the North Korean government complained, so then NHK used 朝鮮語 (Chousengo), and the South Korean government complained that Chosen is a bad word, so in the end NHK had to call it ハングル語 (Hangurugo, Hangul-go), even though "hangul" only refers to the Korean writing system, because they felt it was the most neutral word that wouldn't get both Korean governments mad.

And yeah, htm is a doink..."All Japanese are monsters" indeed... :roll doinkies' grandfather fought the Japanese in WW2, however he does not hold a grudge toward the Japanese people of today. Neither does doinkies or the rest of my family. I have quite a few Japanese friends IRL and online, and do they hate doinkies because I'm American and America was Japan's enemy in WW2? No! They are quite nice to me in fact.

However, captain-nippon is just as doinky as htm. He seems to only judge all Koreans by the extremist doink ones, which is just as bad as judging all Japanese by the extremist doink ones. Not all Koreans hate Japan, it is just that the ones who do are the loudest and get the most press. Same on the other side too.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Sep 24th, '06, 01:29

egads... why do old threads and old posts like to resurface when nobody's watching? :scratch:
this "issue" has been beaten to death already, so...
locking...