Difference between 1 litter of tears and crying out?

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
asprikitik

Difference between 1 litter of tears and crying out?

Post by asprikitik » May 20th, '06, 03:21

Are 1litter of tears and crying out love in the center of the world alike?
I read the sypnosis for 1 litre of tears.. and it's a LOVE story about a dying girl just like Sekai no Chuushin (Crying out love). I really liked Crying Out Love (J-Drama) and I heard a lot of great reviews about Ichi Ritoru No Namida.. but I don't want to watch it if it's very much like Crying Out Love..
I also want to know which do you think is better. :-)

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » May 20th, '06, 03:52

LoL, i think a lot of people may disagree with me on this one.

i know a lot of people loved 1 litre of tears.. but, man.. i really hated it. yea, it was touching sometimes and i'll admit i cried... maybe... but sekai no chuushin was 1,000 times better, it was more about love.. while 1 litre did have a love story.. i still felt it centered more around her family and their problems dealing.. and their love for her.

i liked the beginning of 1 litre of tears.. but i wouldn't recommend it to anyone. LoL, it can't even begin to compare the awesomeness of sekai no chuushin.

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » May 20th, '06, 04:10

1 Litre of Tears was not a love story,well I'm not sure if this is a considered a spoiler or not but basically because
there was no guy or love story in the original story,but the real mother and the producers added that character
I haven't seen the drama fro sekai no chuushin but I watched the movie,and I would say that I liked 1 Litre of Tears better, because its based on a true story,and shows u the real courage of that girl...while sekai no chuushin was mainly focused on their love story.
but I dunno :unsure:

tUrtleAE86

Post by tUrtleAE86 » May 20th, '06, 04:26

Well, 1 Litre of Tears was based on a true story, and Fuji TV did work with the family of the real Aya. (I forget whether Sekachuu was based on a true story, or not.)

(Possible spoiler alert if you haven't watched the first few episodes yet.)
The real Aya didn't have a love interest (i.e. Haruto). Although, it was something that she longed for, according to her parents and her diary. I think it was good that Fuji TV didn't give the love story the front seat, because it would have fabricated too much of the series.

Some people may argue that they shouldn't have included a love interest at all. But, in this day and age, with the current state of the Japanese drama scene, it might not have flown, as sad as that seems. In my opinion, Fuji TV probably convinced the parents of the real Aya using that frame of thought.

Besides, when they cast someone like Sawajiri Erika, it almost becomes a necessity to have a love interest.
Although Sekachuu did win a ridiculous amount of awards, if you watch them for different reasons, I think you'll enjoy them both. Sekachuu for its tragic love story, and 1 Litre of Tears for its battle against a terrible disease.
Last edited by tUrtleAE86 on May 20th, '06, 04:39, edited 1 time in total.

xtinax3

Post by xtinax3 » May 20th, '06, 04:39

i havent seen sekai no chuusin yet but it's categorized as romance/human drama which doesn't sound very like 1 litre. actually, like crazyah said, the two stories have very discrepant focuses, so they can't really be compared. i recommend 1 litre 1OO% (:

christina.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » May 20th, '06, 04:41

x_XJules wrote:LoL, i think a lot of people may disagree with me on this one.
Yup, me! *raises hand* :cussing: <- just kidding, :mrgreen: I mean I do disagree 100% minus the cussing smiley.
i know a lot of people loved 1 litre of tears.. but, man.. i really hated it. yea, it was touching sometimes and i'll admit i cried... maybe... but sekai no chuushin was 1,000 times better, it was more about love.. while 1 litre did have a love story.. i still felt it centered more around her family and their problems dealing.. and their love for her.
I don't see anything wrong with that. I probably disliked Sekai as much as Jules hated 1LOT. Likewise, Sekai wouldn't be the first thing that I would recommend to someone. I'm worried that it would put him/her to sleep. But that's the only reason. The content itself is alright and the actors deserved the awards they'd received. What I noticed though is that the majority of the male population at D-A loved it to pieces( like how they worship Densha.)...maybe because it's told from a guy's point of view. Don't call me out on this one :whistling: ...it's just an observation.
i liked the beginning of 1 litre of tears..
I thought the beginning of Sekai was well done...the flashbacks from australia and the rain scene at the funeral almost made me tear up...but that's all...the subsequent episodes are agonizing to watch. I didn't like the flashback set-up either.
On the other hand, The first episode of 1LOT is not exactly an attention-grabber, but it definitely gets better as it continues on.
They're not exactl;y the same. 1LOT is like an inspirational journey and examines different varieties of love. The romantic part is fictional and has touched me a few hundred folds more than Sekai did.

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » May 20th, '06, 04:56

CRAP! I got confused! I forgot what "Sekai no Chuushin" was and searched it and thought it was "Byakuyakou" cuz they got the same stars.

Anyways, I thought Sekai sucked. I liked the part where he held an umbrella over her head...that was cool. Other than that, it sucked. 1 litre is really good and I loved how it was about family. Some of you who only want to see love..boo hoo! I hate how so many ppl just want to see love. Life is more than love and that's why I love J-drama. I love "nobuko wo produce" and I bet loads of girls were hoping to see the two get together...but it was great how it's about friendship. Sucks to see life all about guy trying to get into girl's pants.

baon2219

Post by baon2219 » May 20th, '06, 05:06

when i read this thread i didn't know that the series i saw was called sekai no chuusin ---yeah now i know remember--crying out in the center of the world or something like right? reminds me of the korean drama called ruler of your own world. anyways, i saw sekai no chuusin and it's nothing like 1 litre of tears. i was so bored of sekai no chuusin after the first episode--i just thought it was just so dumb, i cant believe it won awards! i like summer snow more than this. actually when thinking about it, summer snow is more relatable to sekai no chuusin then sekai no chuusin to 1 litre of tears.

1 litre of tears is fantastic. i have to say i cried more to this drama than i laughed to nobuta wo produce though i like both very much. i would definitely recommend 1 litre of tears. it's too bad that we cant download 1 litre of tears on d-addicts with english subtitles. 1 litre of tears is the best!
Last edited by baon2219 on May 24th, '06, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.

indokid

Post by indokid » May 20th, '06, 05:22

i have both dramas

1 litre of tears = family love, minimal boy-girl love story
sekai no chuusin = boy-girl love story

I definitely recommmend 1 litre of tears over sekai...

ive watched 1 litre of tears over 4 times and counting up to now

but for sekai.. the story is too damn slow-paced.. one of the few rare j-dramas i was actually bored when watching

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » May 20th, '06, 07:36

it has the same genre but like ppl above said it really concentrate on different things. i recommend 1 liter 100%.i rarely watched sad drama but heck i cried so much in 1 liter that i think the series deserved to be called 1 litre of tears.

Néa Vanille
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Néa Vanille » May 20th, '06, 08:10

I also think that 1 Litre is the better drama. It was more realistic, in parts a lot less cheesier and its pacing was a lot better. Personally, I don't see what's so great about romantic love versus family and sibling love - I've seen too many romance dramas/movies that focused solely on the former that a drama with the focus on the latter is a true refreshment.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » May 20th, '06, 09:00

I don't understand why people keep saying Sekachu is the cheesier of both. Sure, there is this great love story that one might consider cheesy (even though, I don't; it's heart-warming, touching, anything but cheesy. And this comes from a person who really dislikes tear-jerkers!). But please, what about Ichi rittoru then? Only rememberring the various monologues that were definitely supposed to make everyone cry whereas I was just like: Oh please... Get a grip already... :roll
Don't get me wrong. I really enjoyed Ichi rittoru, but for me it's only a nice drama. Sekachuu though is a masterpiece! Cinematographic-wise, acting-wise, story-wise, setting-wise,...

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » May 20th, '06, 18:17

goygakgoy wrote:I hate how so many ppl just want to see love. Life is more than love and that's why I love J-drama. I love "nobuko wo produce" and I bet loads of girls were hoping to see the two get together...but it was great how it's about friendship. Sucks to see life all about guy trying to get into girl's pants.
slightly off topic... i loved nobuta wo produce.. and i believe just about 90% of the people on d-addicts did too.. so i wouldn't say everyone just hopes to see love. what about gokusen? that isn't really a love story and most people love that drama too. it takes a quality drama to be good. now if you were to take dragon sakura.. that didn't really have a love story and it sucked (imo).

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » May 20th, '06, 18:40

Well, romantic love is the strongest of all emotions. I'm not drooling all over romance that much either but speaking from my experience, no matter how strong a friendship love will always be prior. Friends usually make such plans as: "When we're old we ought to live next to each other and get children at the same time so they will grow up together" or stuff like that. You wouldn't really plan something like moving in with a friend and spending the rest of your life together, would you? Therefore I can see why people want to see romance that badly - it somewhat depicts "eternal happiness". And to make that clear: I'm not saying I think friendship or family are of less worth or anything. As for Nobuta,
I was majorly disappointed because there was only Akira and Shouji's friendship in the end, whereas Nobuta wasn't considered a friend but eventually only a project, so I don't think the ending to be good at all. But that's just my opinion.
As for Sekachu, it didn't suck at all. I guess you gotta be in the right mood for enjoying the show. :wink:

asprikitik

Post by asprikitik » May 20th, '06, 19:09

Sekai NO Chuushin was my first sad drama. and I actually really liked it.. and I'm a guy. I didn't think it was slow-paced.. I didn't find it cheesy. It was really sad not to the point that it made me cry.. but I don't cry over dramas but this was close.
I didn't think any sad drama could beat SekaiChuushin (because I thought it was reallly good) but since a lot of you thinks that 1 litre of tears is much better.. I'll check it out. Thanks for the replies!

venusling

Post by venusling » May 20th, '06, 19:47

I watched both dramas. From my opinion, 1 Litre Tears is better. It is even better than any k-drama which have incurable disease even though I'm kdrama fan. 1 Litre Tears is more realistic drama coz it's based on true life story which I truly appreciate and respect. Quote from this drama "Just being alive is such a lovely and wonderful thing".

Wondering male like to watch this kind of tear-jerker drama? As I would like to recommend this great drama to guys I know.

nicpkh

Post by nicpkh » May 21st, '06, 12:28

I like both of this 2 drama... But the storyline of these 2 drama is different..1 is love story and another 1 is battling against the dieases...

Romance

Post by Romance » May 21st, '06, 12:30

the difference for me was that i didnt care about the girl in crying out, i did with aya, so it meant alot more and gave me so much more.

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Jun 1st, '06, 01:12

Hey, I agree with you, and i'm a male.

To me, 1 Litre was serious and inspiring. K-dramas are usually full of BS hating, cheating, and smack talking and life just cheapens with all of the diseases. Everybody is all fighting each other and "oh my god, she has a disease...let's hold hands".....haha.
venusling wrote:I watched both dramas. From my opinion, 1 Litre Tears is better. It is even better than any k-drama which have incurable disease even though I'm kdrama fan. 1 Litre Tears is more realistic drama coz it's based on true life story which I truly appreciate and respect. Quote from this drama "Just being alive is such a lovely and wonderful thing".

Wondering male like to watch this kind of tear-jerker drama? As I would like to recommend this great drama to guys I know.

goygakgoy

Post by goygakgoy » Jun 1st, '06, 01:17

Hey, i'm very inspired by your post. That's why I love J-dramas, cuz it's more about life and family is just as important as love. I just think it's sickening how family is there for us from the day we are born, yet we are willing to give them up for love....and there are countless stories of ppl running back to family...something we can't do with love.
Néa Vanille wrote:I also think that 1 Litre is the better drama. It was more realistic, in parts a lot less cheesier and its pacing was a lot better. Personally, I don't see what's so great about romantic love versus family and sibling love - I've seen too many romance dramas/movies that focused solely on the former that a drama with the focus on the latter is a true refreshment.