[Movie Discussion] DEATH NOTE series

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
auroragb

Post by auroragb » Nov 24th, '06, 13:29

I saw The Last Name 2 nights ago. It was good, but I think it tried to explain too much.
I also think that it sux for L to win against Raito. I wanted him and Erika to do happily ever after as the new rulers of the world

roxycutiegurl

Post by roxycutiegurl » Nov 26th, '06, 09:59

actually i also don agree with the ending....sori...i'm new....i think tat raito should at least die last....y must it be L is the last name???actually i read the manga n L died first n there is a replacement of L...near n mello...sori 4 all the L fans out there....but the thing is tat it is suppose to follow the manga...rite...well...tat's all
Attachments
This is raito in the movie..
This is raito in the movie..
dnchar1.gif (16.82 KiB) Viewed 9967 times

Kawaii Megumi

Post by Kawaii Megumi » Nov 26th, '06, 14:12

Woot! I can finally watch DN w/ eng sub ^_^ Thanks you guys for providing me the link!

avexdevil

Post by avexdevil » Nov 29th, '06, 08:25

does anyone know which club box has death note the last name in csub? english is fine too...

James_yka

Post by James_yka » Nov 29th, '06, 13:05

Even the raw is fine...

Is this movie like the 1st movie ? aired on the TV Special ?

avexdevil

Post by avexdevil » Nov 29th, '06, 17:05

auroragb wrote:I saw The Last Name 2 nights ago. It was good, but I think it tried to explain too much.
I also think that it sux for L to win against Raito. I wanted him and Erika to do happily ever after as the new rulers of the world
lol i didn;t know quoting u would quote spoilers too dmnit!

anyways can u kindly tell me where you got last name from?

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 3rd, '06, 06:07

I saw it in Japan, it was $18 / person! I was going to see it again when I got to Taiwan (because it's subbed in Chinese in Taiwan) but I opted to buy the manga instead. Great manga! I think that the flow off the manga was better than DN2 I think they should have made a trilogy and introduced Mello and Nia like they did in the manga. The conclusion in the manga was much better than the movie.
tho I still wish that Raito was victorious. At least he got L. I think that the bit in the movie about L coming back to life was really stupid

mister

Post by mister » Dec 3rd, '06, 06:30

Thanks guys. xD

Oguri_Shun_fan

Post by Oguri_Shun_fan » Dec 3rd, '06, 06:57

I can't wait to watch this with subs ^_^ I've watched the tv condensed version without subs. so I'm looking forward to Nya's release of it ^_^

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Dec 4th, '06, 00:00

Oguri_Shun_fan wrote:I can't wait to watch this with subs ^_^ I've watched the tv condensed version without subs. so I'm looking forward to Nya's release of it ^_^
The subs were just released for the first movie. You can register for free at Kloofy.net. Then go to the "Latest Subtitles" database and go to the D section. For the D-NTV raw, you should get the one labeled "DEATH NOTE LiveAction Movie Senpen (D-NTV DivX 810p).zip" If you watch a lot of dramas, Kloofy would be very convenient because it houses soft subs for tons of Asian movies.

Are these subs ripped from the R2 DVD? The grammar is so-so. :| Oh, and what did you mean by "the TV condensed version"? Do you mean some scenes are cut out for the TV broadcast?

Oguri_Shun_fan

Post by Oguri_Shun_fan » Dec 4th, '06, 00:18

Sakuya wrote:
Oguri_Shun_fan wrote:I can't wait to watch this with subs ^_^ I've watched the tv condensed version without subs. so I'm looking forward to Nya's release of it ^_^
The subs were just released for the first movie. You can register for free at Kloofy.net. Then go to the "Latest Subtitles" database and go to the D section. For the D-NTV raw, you should get the one labeled "DEATH NOTE LiveAction Movie Senpen (D-NTV DivX 810p).zip" If you watch a lot of dramas, Kloofy would be very convenient because it houses soft subs for tons of Asian movies.

Are these subs ripped from the R2 DVD? The grammar is so-so. :| Oh, and what did you mean by "the TV condensed version"? Do you mean some scenes are cut out for the TV broadcast?
I did that but they don't sync with the video I have -_- :cry:

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Dec 4th, '06, 00:24

Oguri_Shun_fan wrote: I did that but they don't sync with the video I have -_- :cry:
If you got the S^M raw, that page also has a retimed version labeled something like "retimed for SM raw". Maybe you could try that? There's several Death Note subs on there. They all have the same script but possibly different timings. Maybe you should try them all?

Oguri_Shun_fan

Post by Oguri_Shun_fan » Dec 4th, '06, 00:32

Sakuya wrote:
Oguri_Shun_fan wrote: I did that but they don't sync with the video I have -_- :cry:
If you got the S^M raw, that page also has a retimed version labeled something like "retimed for SM raw". Maybe you could try that? There's several Death Note subs on there. They all have the same script but possibly different timings. Maybe you should try them all?
ok I'll give it a try tahnks ^_^

TG3

Post by TG3 » Dec 4th, '06, 00:40

If you haven't heard, they're gonna do an "L" movie based on events before "Death Note." It will open in 2008, starring Kenichi Matsuyama (who was L in the 2 movies). No word on who will be in the supporting cast.

http://www.sanspo.com/geino/top/gt20061 ... 20104.html

avexdevil

Post by avexdevil » Dec 5th, '06, 04:37

mm i thought the first DN movie was pretty old...ppl still asking for subtitles of it :P?

daraec

Post by daraec » Dec 5th, '06, 05:05

there are the subs for the S^M RAW

http://rapidshare.com/files/4866127/_S_ ... t-_RAW.rar

the password is amir15

homeboi19

Post by homeboi19 » Dec 16th, '06, 13:12

Which is better to see first? the anime or the movie?
by the way, how many episodes?(anime)
thanks

zenitse

Post by zenitse » Dec 18th, '06, 13:05

homeboi19 wrote:Which is better to see first? the anime or the movie?
thanks
Maybe manga is the best :)

Anime has 37 parts, only 11 aired so far though. Anime is quite good but I liked the manga better. The movie is not so good for me.

Phearsome

Post by Phearsome » Dec 19th, '06, 08:21

Manga was totally awesome. If anyone have read Naruto and expecially bleach
Remember Aizen big surprize at the end? I bet everyone was like "WOW WHAT THE....." In Death note manga, Light's strategy on killing L at the end is just as amazing or even better IMO

Manga was good up until the L saga ended, The 2 Heirs to his char were alright had some crazy surprises here and there but that was about it.
Anime is really good but i think it starts off really slow and at the rate they are going they might end at the L saga.

The movie was OK, they added a new character though who was Lights GF. Can't wait to see Part 2.

getsuga

Post by getsuga » Dec 20th, '06, 08:28

yeah... the movie is OK, but not as good as the manga.... since they changed a lot of things from the manga..

captain-nippon

Post by captain-nippon » Dec 21st, '06, 03:43

I am currently watching the anime. I love the story. So original and it's unlike MOST of the other stupid cutie anime. The anime will alway be better than the movies. So i am finishing the anime first before i watch the movies/

Just to let you know about the movies, Death Note 1 made over $20 Millions USD and Death Note 2 which are currently out in Japan has gross over $43 millions USD and it's on its way of sales over $50 millions worth of ticket sales.

Moriya

Post by Moriya » Dec 22nd, '06, 08:35

2nd part was in threater 2 month ago

anyone got source for it?

cam or something? hehe

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Dec 22nd, '06, 08:47

homeboi19 wrote:Which is better to see first? the anime or the movie?
thanks
I'd recommend watching the manga first,it's better than both the anime and movie =)

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Jan 7th, '07, 08:14

Anyone know whether the R2 DVD for Death Note (the first movie) is out yet? I find it strange that there's no mention of it on the official website. And the raws are only of the director's cut version that showed on TV. When I search via Amazon Japan in Japanese as well as the English title, I get nothing. But via Google, I got this saying it was released on October 25th, 2006. Not only that, if it was released why didn't the page come up when I searched in Amazon Japan before? Plus, there is no cover image for the DVD there. :scratch:

HasHiMa

Post by HasHiMa » Jan 7th, '07, 11:53

The only DVD of DN that's going to be released soon is the R3 (Hong Kong version), February 16, 2007.

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.as ... 1004523678

DN - Last Name R3 - (date to be determined) http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.as ... 004581153/
Last edited by HasHiMa on Jan 9th, '07, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.

ruisu

Post by ruisu » Jan 9th, '07, 01:20

I just saw part one last night, besides a few plot holes it was a very entertaining movie. looking forward to part two...anyone know when that will surface?
I watched this one: http://www.mininova.org/det/504180

The English in the subs are pretty terrible, but good enough to follow the story. Actually, I completely forgot about that. I guess the movie is better than I thought, it's not easy to enjoy such a rough translation.

Like the k-drama Dating Now. It was great, when the subs were great...but then the subs turned to crap and so did the drama. :blink:

Pandemonium

Post by Pandemonium » Jan 9th, '07, 23:12

Phearsome wrote:Manga was totally awesome. If anyone have read Naruto and expecially bleach
Remember Aizen big surprize at the end? I bet everyone was like "WOW WHAT THE....." In Death note manga, Light's strategy on killing L at the end is just as amazing or even better IMO

Manga was good up until the L saga ended, The 2 Heirs to his char were alright had some crazy surprises here and there but that was about it.
Anime is really good but i think it starts off really slow and at the rate they are going they might end at the L saga.

The movie was OK, they added a new character though who was Lights GF. Can't wait to see Part 2.
For me, that part was pretty predictable.
That was also one of the last episodes I watched.

darkwish3s

Post by darkwish3s » Jan 20th, '07, 08:16

James_yka wrote:Even the raw is fine...
i'm not sure if u guys still want this... [mod edit: link removed] it's the torrent for Death Note the last name (i'm still downloading it so i not sure how it will turn out though)

candlePrince

Post by candlePrince » Jan 21st, '07, 05:32

ive watched 'death note the movie 2- the last name' ive downloaded at mininova..but its missing english sub....can anyone make one?please...the quality is fine for me..but its not dvd..
english subs please(.txt,.srt is fine cause its avi)...things get complicated and i dont understand 'toe nail dirt'...~ :scratch:

darkwish3s

Post by darkwish3s » Jan 22nd, '07, 03:39

[mod edit: link removed -- There is a No Movies Policy at D-addicts which does not allow the posting of download links to theatrical release movies. If you are looking to download Asian movies, please check the following links:
Links of Interest
Asian Movie Torrent Links]

yea this one has better quality than the other i gave

Borg-Sy

Post by Borg-Sy » Jan 23rd, '07, 02:45

I have a torrent for this file
DEATH NOTE LiveAction Movie Senpen (D-NTV DivX 810p).avi
Looks highquality enough and it's 1.6 Gbs, the thing is... are there any subs for that version floating around, because I'm pretty sure it's raw.

kurodreams

Post by kurodreams » Jan 27th, '07, 03:43

Does anyone know if theres any softsubs around?

candlePrince

Post by candlePrince » Jan 27th, '07, 04:31

only in koreans.at movierg.com. and kloofy too, if u mean death note the last name movie.but NONE ENGLISH ones :-( please translate if you can... :cry:

animefreak

Post by animefreak » Jan 30th, '07, 22:05

candlePrince wrote:ive watched 'death note the movie 2- the last name' ive downloaded at mininova..but its missing english sub....can anyone make one?please...the quality is fine for me..but its not dvd..
english subs please(.txt,.srt is fine cause its avi)...things get complicated and i dont understand 'toe nail dirt'...~ :scratch:
there is a deathnote movie in english on mininova... :blink i watched it a while ago xP

Borg-Sy

Post by Borg-Sy » Jan 31st, '07, 01:26

It's ok, I already found the subs for this version-
For anyone else, they can be found on kLOOFy News and they are pretty good. Nicely timed and somewhat fine edited.
The video on the other hand is VERY highquality. Thanks for replying

FantasyAngel

Post by FantasyAngel » Jan 31st, '07, 21:31

I don't think there are any subs for movie 2 yet...are there? At least last time I checkt there hasn't been. O.o

candlePrince

Post by candlePrince » Feb 1st, '07, 05:27

death note movie is made into two.Death note one and two(the last name).i didnt see any death note the last name(movie 2) anywhere in english at mininova :alcoholic: :alcoholic:

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Feb 7th, '07, 03:59

Omg, I'm going crazy waiting to watch Last Name. If the movies had English subtitles, I'd order it from play-asia faster than you can say "L". Also, the new game isn't helping things. I don't even have a DS, but I'd buy one just for this game. And..it's. Well. Japanese. XD I'm studying Japanese, but I wouldn't understand 98% of the game. It looks so fun! -whines-

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Feb 8th, '07, 20:27

Very interesting movies....I like the anime most....death note in reality, you don't write it down, you just talk to the shinigami; deathly and dangerous :lol....ok, it's not a laughing matter....nuts? (shrug) :lol....

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Feb 9th, '07, 04:37

Hell-Fansubs have started to sub the 2nd DN movie. Not sure how long they'll take though.

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Feb 9th, '07, 12:31

OMG HELL YEAH! -pumps fist in air- Is it going to be hard or soft subs? Hopefully hard since I'll be burning it... -squeals of happiness- SUUUUBBS!

amrayu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by amrayu » Feb 16th, '07, 07:55

SARS-Fansubs joined forces with MIshicorp to fansub the Death Note Movie (that aired on TV).

Grab the hardsubbed version here:
http://sars-fansubs.com/index.php?cont=btpage

Sorry no softsubs available. Also the torrent isn't posted here at D-Addicts since the tracker doesn't allow movies. :)

This 2 hour movie was compressed into a 704x396 700MB XviD avi format.
Enjoy guys!

Details at SARS-Fansubs forum:
http://www.sars-fansubs.com/forum/viewt ... =5734#5734

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Feb 17th, '07, 04:18

Oh geez, don't tease us like that. I thought that was Last Name. >_< That's just the first movie.

doriftospeed

Post by doriftospeed » Feb 18th, '07, 08:30

Is this movie any good? whats the difference between softsub and hardsub?

nijokeem

Post by nijokeem » Feb 20th, '07, 20:30

I was waiting forever for this to come out until I finally gave up. good to see at least the first movie is floating around places with english subs. I don't even want to get started on the quest to find The Last Name. Especially since right after I watch the first movie, I'll want to watch the second, with or without subs.

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Feb 20th, '07, 21:05

great the first one. ive seen it subbed already, but the subs were, um, interesting. im looking forward to a better subbed one.

sorvani

Post by sorvani » Feb 21st, '07, 04:16

Well, SARS lists it as Death Note (1/2) on their torrent webpage, so i'd say them and Mishicorp plan on doing 2 also.
The post on the SARS forum also mentioned a HQ version of 1 coming soon.

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Feb 21st, '07, 06:00

sorvani wrote:Well, SARS lists it as Death Note (1/2) on their torrent webpage, so i'd say them and Mishicorp plan on doing 2 also.
The post on the SARS forum also mentioned a HQ version of 1 coming soon.
So they are going to release another HQ version of part 1?

Lifo

Post by Lifo » Feb 21st, '07, 11:23

Will watching the Movie spoil the end of the anime and manga ?? Cuz I'm currently watching the anime, and might read the manga, but I'm not sure that the ending of the movie may be the same for the anime, I don't wanna spoil it !! So.. ?

anushkajan

Don't Worry

Post by anushkajan » Feb 21st, '07, 11:32

I watched the movie Death Note and trust me it does not spoil the manga. Well this one doesn't anyway, I don't know about the second movie. But when me and my friend watched the movie we asked ourselves "is this really death note?" it's a little different from the manga or the anime so it's like watching a whole new show it was really weird. :scratch:

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Feb 21st, '07, 12:33

Ahhh...I'm on chapter 42 of the manga. Let's just say...certain outcomes are the same as in the manga, but they're brought about in different ways and at the same time. Anyway, I'll tell this thread when Hell-Fansubs releases Last Name. I can't wait!!!

espysu

Post by espysu » Feb 21st, '07, 12:58

Hi all!
I just watched Death Note two days ago, and I must say it was really cool. I had no idea what the movie was about (I thought it would be like the Butterfly Effect), but it was really good! I'm not sure which character I liked better, Light or L. They were both cool in their own way.

mimmi

Post by mimmi » Feb 21st, '07, 17:48

@ Lifo: No, watching both movies won't spoil the anime....both movies didn't spoil the anime for me

korean_foreva

Post by korean_foreva » Feb 21st, '07, 17:54

ive seen the movie...u can watch it on youtube now...well im just waitin for the second one....but the first one was gr8 ^_______^

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Feb 21st, '07, 18:12

Gorahgurl wrote:Ahhh...I'm on chapter 42 of the manga. Let's just say...certain outcomes are the same as in the manga, but they're brought about in different ways and at the same time. Anyway, I'll tell this thread when Hell-Fansubs releases Last Name. I can't wait!!!
let me know what you think of the manga when you are far along in it. i loved it up to a point, i mean FAVORITE by far fantastic. then, it jsut wasnt.

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Feb 21st, '07, 21:32

Yeah, I know what chapter it goes downhill. 58. =P Not sure I'll continue after 58. Which is why I'm not reading it the past two weeks...I don't want to see it happen.

foofeh

Post by foofeh » Feb 21st, '07, 21:37

I've already completed the manga, and the ending goes *way* beyond what both movies reach. So, you don't need to worry about spoilers.

asuran_rocks

Post by asuran_rocks » Feb 22nd, '07, 14:34

i watched the second movie sometime in january, and i thought it was quite nice how they changed the plot to suit two movies , although i'm still utterly disappointed with the live action only having 2 movies...
and even more so how they made L seem smarter than light !!!! which is SO WRONG! go kira! muahaha

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Feb 22nd, '07, 14:53

asuran_rocks wrote:i watched the second movie sometime in january, and i thought it was quite nice how they changed the plot to suit two movies , although i'm still utterly disappointed with the live action only having 2 movies...
and even more so how they made L seem smarter than light !!!! which is SO WRONG! go kira! muahaha
Actually...
It's the other way round. They made Light lamer. :glare:

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Feb 22nd, '07, 15:04

Gorahgurl wrote:Yeah, I know what chapter it goes downhill. 58. =P Not sure I'll continue after 58. Which is why I'm not reading it the past two weeks...I don't want to see it happen.
after that its like, HUH? is this the same comic? its almost feels like a sequel tacked on with a new director or something (as a comparison)

made me sad.

blueeyedwolf
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by blueeyedwolf » Feb 22nd, '07, 22:24

Hey, did anyone read the novel version? It's really cool.^^ Not sure if it's in English though.... :glare:

doriftospeed

Post by doriftospeed » Feb 28th, '07, 05:34

doriftospeed wrote:Is this movie any good? whats the difference between softsub and hardsub?
^hehe, anyone?

richardli

Death Note parody

Post by richardli » Feb 28th, '07, 06:27

Very funny parody of the Death Note anime with SMAP and Karina-chan
http://japansugoi.com/wordpress/death-n ... nd-karina/

Gorahgurl

Post by Gorahgurl » Feb 28th, '07, 12:27

Softsubs are subtitles that aren't permanently attached to the video, the video itself is a raw. Softsufts are .srt files that, when renamed as exactly the same file name as the video, automatically plays (with help of a program) when you start to play the raw video.

Hardsubs are subtitles that are permanently attached to the video, and those that I prefer, since I tend to burn my videos. =)

tinlunlau

Post by tinlunlau » Mar 2nd, '07, 01:57

bought this on DVD (the legit one, not the bootleg ripped from the TV broadcast).
for a live action flick based on a comic book, it was okay. i already expected some changes made. i guess it kinda lived up to the comics somewhat.

i ain't gonna download the fansubs of this movie. the hong kong dvd has english subtitles already and i prefer to watch my movies in Dolby 5.1 anyway. the audio was amazing with home theatre speakers.

doriftospeed

Post by doriftospeed » Mar 2nd, '07, 04:12

Gorahgurl wrote:Softsubs are subtitles that aren't permanently attached to the video, the video itself is a raw. Softsufts are .srt files that, when renamed as exactly the same file name as the video, automatically plays (with help of a program) when you start to play the raw video.

Hardsubs are subtitles that are permanently attached to the video, and those that I prefer, since I tend to burn my videos. =)
Ic, thanks. stuff makes sense now. :mrgreen:

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Mar 2nd, '07, 06:21

I just saw The Last Name, it's great! I liked it a lot better than the first one because there were more action and way more twists.
When Raito wrote his father's name, I was like HOLY CRAP!!! :blink but good thing he didn't die. I saw it coming though, when Death God wrote Raito's name :roll

Toda Erika was SOOOO hot in this movie. If she said "Let's go out" to me like that, and I was Raito, I would've just gave the Death Note to someone else, maybe to the news reporter and married her :wub: Screw the evil plan killing L and making the world a better place!!!

YamaP

Post by YamaP » Mar 2nd, '07, 09:46

8thSin wrote:I just saw The Last Name, it's great! I liked it a lot better than the first one because there were more action and way more twists.
When Raito wrote his father's name, I was like HOLY CRAP!!! :blink but good thing he didn't die. I saw it coming though, when Death God wrote Raito's name :roll

Toda Erika was SOOOO hot in this movie. If she said "Let's go out" to me like that, and I was Raito, I would've just gave the Death Note to someone else, maybe to the news reporter and married her :wub: Screw the evil plan killing L and making the world a better place!!!
bam.. i saw the movie too,but without subs -.-'' i could hardly understand the context! -.-''
and the quality was really bad...x_X
have you seen it with english subs? and from where did you get the movie?
sry.. i'm asking to much..*gomen ne*

asuran_rocks

Post by asuran_rocks » Mar 2nd, '07, 12:37

8thSin wrote:I just saw The Last Name, it's great! I liked it a lot better than the first one because there were more action and way more twists.

yess... i have to agree that she's TOO HOT
hahaha
sitting on the couch killing people with her death notel

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Mar 2nd, '07, 13:34

YamaP wrote: have you seen it with english subs? and from where did you get the movie?
I didn't see it with English sub... I speak Japanese :P There should be one out in kloofy.net though, always within a week for new DVD releases.

I got video from FSC (FantasticSuperClub).

YamaP

Post by YamaP » Mar 2nd, '07, 14:39

ah. i see.. well thx!^^

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Mar 2nd, '07, 19:14

Truer words have never been spoken. :salut:

Mr_Kyoling

Post by Mr_Kyoling » Mar 14th, '07, 10:03

8thSin wrote:
YamaP wrote: have you seen it with english subs? and from where did you get the movie?
I didn't see it with English sub... I speak Japanese :P There should be one out in kloofy.net though, always within a week for new DVD releases.

I got video from FSC (FantasticSuperClub).
Oh, that's exactly the page I was searching for! Thanks a lot! :wub:

gs56cb

I searched

Post by gs56cb » Mar 14th, '07, 15:54

some fansubbers are going to subtitle the DVD version. SO i'll wait for that instead of buying it from yesasia, but it would be nice to buy if its subbed in english.

arabian

Post by arabian » Mar 14th, '07, 15:57

I think the sub for the part 2 still not released yet??