[Movie Discussion] DEATH NOTE series

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
kellzerz

[Movie Discussion] DEATH NOTE series

Post by kellzerz » Feb 13th, '06, 01:07

I didn't see anyone post this yet...and since it is a LIVE ACTION DEATH NOTE MOVIE, I thought that it would be appropriate to post it here!

So here are the websites with all of the information I could find out so far!
http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=5564
And here is the main website:
http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/deathnote/

Not much information yet. Only that it is coming out in June and there will also be a second movie as well. And the guy who is playing Raito is Tatsuya Fujiwara.

Is anyone as excited about this as I am???

Jecky

Post by Jecky » Feb 13th, '06, 01:14

i am too :w00t: i been reading the manga and i thought it was sooo cool!!! 8) i can't wait for this!!!!! and the second too!!!!! :mrgreen:

Nao

Post by Nao » Feb 13th, '06, 01:21

OMG :O I can't wait to see it.. XD

wachi

Post by wachi » Feb 13th, '06, 02:49

I hope the actor who plays L will live up to my expectation!
It'll be hard to protray the weirdness that is L, but I hope he does well. I miss him so much. T__T
I stop reading DN after he's gone. *sigh* It's not the same.

sillypanda114
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by sillypanda114 » Feb 13th, '06, 02:59

^OMG i knowwww

wow movie? cool! XD i wanna see it!

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Feb 13th, '06, 12:50

it's actually two movies, I think in June then again in like November or something..

wachi

Post by wachi » Feb 14th, '06, 02:31

Yep, one in June, second one in October.
I wonder if the first one will be about L & Light, and the second movie will be about Melo, Near vs. Light.

kellzerz

Post by kellzerz » Feb 14th, '06, 06:34

wachi wrote:I hope the actor who plays L will live up to my expectation!
It'll be hard to protray the weirdness that is L, but I hope he does well. I miss him so much. T__T
It is rumored that L will be played by Matsuyama Kenichi, but I don't know how true that is...
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/ ... tuyama.jpg[/img]
I really don't know anything about this guy yet...all I can do now is imagine him with longer hair and hope for the best (until I find out more about his acting history)

L was the reason I loved Deathnote so much! But I still continue to read it since I gotta see how it ends. It is such a crazy manga and so addicting! The twists that happen throughout the story never cease to shock me! ...But L will always be in my heart!

Oh! And here is a picture of the guy playing Raito (Light): Fujiwara Tatsuya
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/ ... araito.jpg[/img]
Last edited by kellzerz on Feb 18th, '06, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.

PuddingBerry

Post by PuddingBerry » Feb 14th, '06, 12:13

DN belongs to Warner Bros ?? I didn't know this~*

I'm definitely gonna watch this movie as soon as it comes out

= =^ will it come to Thailand~~~~~ :cry:

thank you for the links *click* ~ going in now!!

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Feb 14th, '06, 13:15

kellzerz wrote:It is rumored that L will be played by Matsuyama Kenichi, but I don't know how true that is...

I really don't know anything about this guy yet...all I can do now is imagine him with longer hair and hope for the best (until I find out more about his acting history)

And I know what you mean by it not being the same without L! L was the reason I loved Deathnote so much! But I still continue to read it since I gotta see how it ends. It is such a crazy manga and so addicting! The twists that happen throughout the story never cease to shock me! ...But L will always be in my heart!

Oh! And here is a picture of the guy playing Raito (Light): Fujiwara Tatsuya
I'm not sure about Matsuyama, he seems too new to play such a big part although the same could have been said about Fujiwara in Battle Royale and yet he was great in it, and I think he's a great choice for this movie too. :thumleft:

wachi

Post by wachi » Feb 14th, '06, 18:24

I can't picture either one of them as Light or L. Matsuyama Kenichi.. hmm.. I saw his picture before, I know what he looks like, but I still don't see L in him. He is slightly cute, and I bet he can look extremely cute when he smiles.
Fujiwara Tatsuya. I liked him in BR, but can he look evil enough?

Kirari

Post by Kirari » Feb 14th, '06, 19:45

:O :O :O NO FECKIN WAY! :w00t: OMG Death Note effing rocks! I knew they're gonna make a movie out of it sooner or later. But I was hoping for a live action series more >_<. Or perhaps made into anime. 'Coz I want a good looking guy to play L and Raito. >_< Don't know about that Fujiwara Tatsuya. That L guy is from Ichi Ritoru no Namida. He didn't act all that great but it was just an insignificant role so, can't really tell. :scratch: I'm very curious for the movie. This is my fav manga from my fav (and most brilliant) mangaka too, they'd better do a good job. :rambo:

But anyways.. ever since I read Death Note, I've always imagined Matsumoto Jun to play L. He can definitely pull off L's character with his acting ability. And he just looks like L so much.. O_O

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/ ... er13gg.jpg[/img]
The way he is slouching and playing with his drink, just like L does. O_O

Oh and the messy hair.. White shirt, blue pants.. See why I'm so convinved Jun should be L? :blink

[img]http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/7779/11004802pu.jpg[/img]

CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by CraZyaH » Feb 14th, '06, 19:57

omg that would be sooooo cool I loved the manga!!! and Tatsuya Fujiwara is in it :wub: :wub: :wub: !! it's a must watch XD can't wait!

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Feb 14th, '06, 20:10

wachi, I think fujiwara can pull it off, it's not so much evil as angry school boy which he can do..
I still think there will be an anime, I think death note is too popular a manga for there not to be.. and wonder about a series, though I think thats less likely though a lot of people seems to think that will be better.
Though if filming has only started and it's out in June and then Oct I'm wondering on how good it will be and how bad the CGI will be.

xiaoshenlong

Post by xiaoshenlong » Feb 14th, '06, 22:51

omg... death note rocks. i can't wait

kellzerz

Post by kellzerz » Feb 15th, '06, 00:52

Kirari wrote:
But anyways.. ever since I read Death Note, I've always imagined Matsumoto Jun to play L. He can definitely pull off L's character with his acting ability. And he just looks like L so much.. O_O

Oh and the messy hair.. White shirt, blue pants.. See why I'm so convinved Jun should be L? :blink
It would be a dream come true if they actually had Matsumoto Jun play L! And your pictures are good enough reason for me to agree...Matsujun would be a great L! ...I never realized the similarities...no wonder I love them both! haha!

myke

Post by myke » Feb 15th, '06, 00:56

hahaha...
man i can't believe that Death Note will come out as the movie. :D
i must watch this movie. I hope the movie will same n great as in the manga.

After this movie release, hope they will come out with the drama .live action. like kindaichi.

love also that drama . :cheers: :cheers:

Ro~Chan

Post by Ro~Chan » Feb 15th, '06, 19:10

The first volumes of the manga was good, like really seriously MUST-READ good. But the recent volumes and chapters are just.. boring. Ever since.. I don't want to spoil anything but I think whoever is up-to-date with the manga must know what I mean.

I can see MatsuJun as L.. I can totally see Fujiwara as Raito, but Matsuyama Kenichi as L? That just doesn't click.

I can't wait to see how the movie will turn out to be.
(as much as I love NANA the manga, I was quite disappointed by the movie)

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Feb 15th, '06, 20:15

Yeah, people should be careful, I'm not up-to-date on the manga and accidentally read a big spoiler yesterday. (-_-'')

wachi

Post by wachi » Feb 16th, '06, 22:07

Death Note is definitely not something you can accidently spoil and get away with it. The suspense is what DN is all about.
I think I'll give DN another try.. re-read the whole L vs. Light arc the other night, I read the "tragic" incident with my eyes close. :lol Since I know what was going to happen, I decided not to bother, just going to bring back sad memories.
I don't see Jun as L, he has an arrogant face sometimes. L is BLUNT. I love blunt L. (random)

Another thing about Death Note anime, did anyone see that gif with DN's characters' cameos on Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid? It was a short clip. You can sorta see Light, Misa, and Soichiro Yagami in the background, then L rides by on his bike.

kiwizm

Post by kiwizm » Feb 16th, '06, 22:16

i love the manga since the very beginning (just because it was from obata)
and i think i'll be disappointed by the movies XD
it cannot be as superb as the manga *_*

anakmelayu

Post by anakmelayu » Feb 16th, '06, 22:21

me too, perghh, u guys in japan are so lucky...sigh

Kirari

Post by Kirari » Feb 16th, '06, 23:13

wachi wrote:I don't see Jun as L, he has an arrogant face sometimes. L is BLUNT. I love blunt L. (random)

Another thing about Death Note anime, did anyone see that gif with DN's characters' cameos on Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid? It was a short clip. You can sorta see Light, Misa, and Soichiro Yagami in the background, then L rides by on his bike.
I find the art rather poorly in that little clip. Hope the anime will resemble the manga, just like with Hikaru no Go.

And I think Jun can act blunt if he wants to. L is rather exspressionless if you ask me. It'll be hard for any one to have a face like .. just blank O_O.

But anyways, what is Ryuuku (sp?) going to be like. Will he be CG or what? :blink Because they casted a seiyu for Ryuuku

kellzerz

Post by kellzerz » Feb 17th, '06, 04:17

Kirari wrote:
wachi wrote:I don't see Jun as L, he has an arrogant face sometimes. L is BLUNT. I love blunt L. (random)

I find the art rather poorly in that little clip. Hope the anime will resemble the manga, just like with Hikaru no Go.

And I think Jun can act blunt if he wants to. L is rather exspressionless if you ask me. It'll be hard for any one to have a face like .. just blank O_O.

But anyways, what is Ryuuku (sp?) going to be like. Will he be CG or what? :blink Because they casted a seiyu for Ryuuku
I read somewhere (I don't remember the exact website right now...) that they will make a CG Ryuuk but they also made a lifesize anamatronic model of him as well that's like 8 feet tall! Can't wait to see what he looks like in the movie! (I need more pictures or screenshots of the filming!)

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Feb 17th, '06, 11:00

kellzerz wrote:I read somewhere (I don't remember the exact website right now...) that they will make a CG Ryuuk but they also made a lifesize anamatronic model of him as well that's like 8 feet tall! Can't wait to see what he looks like in the movie! (I need more pictures or screenshots of the filming!)
It's on the site of the first link you posted :thumright:
The film’s creature quotient is supplied by “shini-gami,” an 8-foot-tall, blue-skinned God of Death. Replete with spiked hair and silver skull-and-crossbones-adorned leather wear, shini-gami will be realized mainly through CGI. However, a full-sized, highly detailed animatronic has been built for the production, one that makes for an imposing sight on the Nikkatsu film stage.

lurenjia

Post by lurenjia » Feb 17th, '06, 15:09

omg omg!!!
cant wait cant wait!!!
i like Jun as L
but wonder who they will actually take
as for the Raito guy..
can anyone give me some background abt him?

the book sort of dies after L dies

kellzerz

Post by kellzerz » Feb 17th, '06, 21:37

Lowest wrote:
kellzerz wrote:I read somewhere (I don't remember the exact website right now...) that they will make a CG Ryuuk but they also made a lifesize anamatronic model of him as well that's like 8 feet tall! Can't wait to see what he looks like in the movie! (I need more pictures or screenshots of the filming!)
It's on the site of the first link you posted :thumright:
The film’s creature quotient is supplied by “shini-gami,” an 8-foot-tall, blue-skinned God of Death. Replete with spiked hair and silver skull-and-crossbones-adorned leather wear, shini-gami will be realized mainly through CGI. However, a full-sized, highly detailed animatronic has been built for the production, one that makes for an imposing sight on the Nikkatsu film stage.
haha! Silly me! :P

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Feb 17th, '06, 22:07

lurenjia wrote:omg omg!!!
cant wait cant wait!!!
i like Jun as L
as for the Raito guy..

the book sort of dies after --------
ughh.. thats a maaajor spoiler (-_-'')

kellzerz

Post by kellzerz » Feb 18th, '06, 01:22

Lowest wrote:
lurenjia wrote:omg omg!!!
cant wait cant wait!!!
i like Jun as L
as for the Raito guy..

the book sort of dies after --------
ughh.. thats a maaajor spoiler (-_-'')
I agree...
Let's try to keep this SPOILER FREE if we can...I apologize for this. I really didn't expect it to go that far...
(There is even a 'spoiler' button when you post a reply...let's keep that in mind next time we want to spoil something peeps...sorry again!)

baoi

Post by baoi » Feb 18th, '06, 01:56

I think that Matsumoto would be a great candidate to lay L..
But then again, it's great to use new faces..

I can't wait to see it.. Sounds wicked Interesting!

Kembang

Post by Kembang » Feb 18th, '06, 10:39

I've read one chapter of that manga(yeah I really gotta read more I know,I know).Ohwell so far I've read it's an interesting manga ^^..
Well I really liked Fujiwara Tatsuya in both Battle Royale movies,so I'm really exited to see him play Raito ^^!

As for Matsuyama Kenichi..well he looks quite suited for L,but then again..I only know little about both so ^^;..

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Feb 18th, '06, 13:55

I doubt Matsumoto will be able to be in it even if he was chosen because of that movie he's doing.. and this one is out in june.. bit too close together though I agree, he does look the part..

jaccie

Post by jaccie » Feb 19th, '06, 09:26

oh mi goodness!! this is a great manga! hope the movie is sugoi!! haha.. =D

LightningEmperor

Post by LightningEmperor » Feb 19th, '06, 10:24

I can't wait to see this movie. I'm not a big fan of the series because I haven't read a lot, but hopefully by the time the movie comes out, I'll have read a lot more than I did b4.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Feb 24th, '06, 02:24

I saw this manga around for a while now but only decided to start reading it after I saw this topic in d-a and heard about the upcoming movie.
And, yep, I read the *big* spoiler in this thread so I knew it even before tackling the manga. I'm also planning to stop reading it after *that* happens.
But right now I'm on chapter 36, and I admit it is an extremely addicting manga with a protagonist I hate so much. Gah, I don't like him at all. He is damn smart, but it gives me pleasure whenever I see him mess up from time to time( which is very rare. :glare: )
The most rewarding twist for me was "the first meeting". That was such an exhilarating moment, hehehe.
Before the big spoiler happens, I hope L gets back at him big time. Oh, joy.
But I have this gut feeling that the mangaka is more onto advertising Raito's twisted self.

miki-j

Post by miki-j » Feb 25th, '06, 09:44

NEWS!! All the casts had been chosen now~~~!!

夜神 月 Raito Yagami +++ Tatsuya Fijiwara 藤原竜也

L +++ Kenichi Matsuyama 松山ケンイチ(who played Shin in the movie "NANA")

弥 海砂 Misa +++ Erika Toda 戸田恵理香 (who became a famous as Mariko in "Nobuta wo Produce")

ワタリ Watari +++ Syunji Fujimura 藤村俊二

Raye=Penber +++ Shigeki Hosokawa 細川茂樹

南空 ナオミ Naomi Misora +++ Asaka Seto 瀬戸朝香

松田 Matuda +++ Souta Aoyama 青山草太

相沢 Aizawa +++ Shin Shimizu 清水伸

夜神総一郎 Souichirou Yagami +++ Takeshi Kaga 鹿賀丈史

夜神粧裕 Sayu Yagami +++ Hikari Mitsushima 満島ひかり

夜神幸子 Sachiko Yagami +++ Michiko Godai 五大路子

しおり Shiori (An original character for the movie) +++ Yuu Kashii 香椎由宇

リューク&レム Luke & Lem +++ Computer Graphic. Voices are under the decision.

Source:http://mangadarake.blog5.fc2.com/blog-entry-262.html
You can see the cast's face and little profile if you click on the actor's/actoress's neme written in dark red color on this site above :roll

Ro~Chan

Post by Ro~Chan » Feb 25th, '06, 10:18

Well.. okay. I can't say much about Kenichi Matsuyama, he didn't act enough in NANA for me to tell if he's actually good or not. Oh well, hopefully he is.

As for Erika Toda.. I liked her in Nobuta. Her character was so adorable. She doesn't exactly have Misa's looks but she can probably pull it off.

YAY for Tatsuya Fujiwara. He makes such an evil Raito.

anakmelayu

Post by anakmelayu » Feb 25th, '06, 22:47

r this movie is set to release on 6-10-2006 ?...

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Feb 25th, '06, 23:29

Omg, I can't believe Matsuyama is acting L. He doesn't look like him at all.
But oh well, I'm looking forward to it!!

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Feb 26th, '06, 02:55

oh... my... gosh...

i love deathnote!! that's so exciting!! i don't know if i'll get a chance to see it... i'm sure someone will spill it onto the internet though. :P

my only fear is that the shinigami might look not-so-good in live action. meh, oh well.

LoL, seems like everyone is L fans. i am too.. but i do like light.. L is just the best. :lol

kellzerz

Post by kellzerz » Mar 1st, '06, 00:46

FOUND A CLIP OF THE TRAILER! (not much to it, but definitely exciting!)

And here are some pictures of the filming...
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/ ... uei_03.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/ ... uei_02.jpg[/img]

And here is a bus with Misa on it made just for the movie!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/ ... bus_02.jpg[/img]

information source: http://community.livejournal.com/dn_app ... tml#cutid1

sesshu.kotoyumu

Post by sesshu.kotoyumu » Mar 1st, '06, 15:50

Excellent, I can't wait to hear more on this.

Ro~Chan

Post by Ro~Chan » Mar 1st, '06, 15:54

LoL, seems like everyone is L fans. i am too.. but i do like light.. L is just the best. Laugh
I'm a big fan of Raito really. I've always been cheering for him and not L. :roll

Oh look at the Misa bus! That is so adorable!
Can't wait to see an actual trailer. <3

Kirari

Post by Kirari » Mar 2nd, '06, 00:32

LOL that trailer was so JU-ON!! XD Doesn't suit Death Note's theme at all :scratch:

And Misa isn't cute at all like she should be, I really wonder how this movie is going to turn out.

@ Ro~Chan: I'm a BIG BIG Raito fan. 'Don't care much for L, but without him poor Raito gets lonely and bored. XD

xiaoshenlong

Post by xiaoshenlong » Mar 2nd, '06, 00:40

wow toda erika. i can't wait

xiaoba0bao

Post by xiaoba0bao » Mar 2nd, '06, 01:15

I'm disappointed in the casting. None of the actors really fit the characters imo, although I guess you can sort of see tatsuya fujiwara as raito and eriko toda as misa. But Kenichi Matsuyama does not look like L at all nor does he really fit the role.. I didn't get why he was put in to play shin in Nana either (though it didn't really matter since he didn't do much in the movie), but I also so him in 1 liter of tears, and his acting for his small part wasn't very convincing either.

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Mar 5th, '06, 02:18

Did you guys see the updated site yet? It has some stuff in it now :D It looks pretty cool :D :D It's like one of those online mystery games where you click stuff everywhere...if you click the TV, u can also watch the mini trailer...Oh my, I'm feeling very giddy..so excited about this movie. And that kid from battle royale sure does look like Raito. While I was watching the teaser(which is just flashes of the apple, the note and Raito's face), I feel like cheering for him even if I am an L-fan.

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Mar 5th, '06, 11:55

The site looks cool, and the trailer is great! looks very dark and cool..
I don't get why people are complaining about the actors and I don't get what you guys mean by 'doesn't look like' were you thinking they'd be carbon copies or something? ..surely you're only going to know when the movies are out (or the extended trailers) .. I'd say hold any decision or extreme expectations until it's out.
The only thing I will complain about is that in the pictures on the other page, if thats L by the camera then he's not got very long hair and he's wearing shoes (º¸º)

With that said... (^.^)

[img]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5200/dn5st.jpg[/img]

wachi

Post by wachi » Mar 5th, '06, 21:06

That CANNOT be L! His hair is too short, and he wear shoes... well he wore it once, without socks, but that was the ONLY time.. and is that shirt the color of white? is it striped? What the.. if that is L, I wanna cry.

I guess if a movie is based on a manga or anime, there will most likely be some complains about the actor/ess, not everyone can be easily satisfy. I just hope they can act, Kenichi's role is quite a challenge for him.. I hope he does L justice.

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Mar 6th, '06, 13:38

Well he seems to be the right height and very close to the camera, and the top and trousers kind of match so I'm thinking so..

but what I came here to say was I actually think Matsuyama does look somewhat like L.. (ºº) I mean I can picture him as L.. though it would help if he had longer hair, so I really hope he does in the movie..

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Apr 6th, '06, 19:00

Anyone just heard that the Red Hot Chili Pepper's song 'Dani California' is going to be the theme for the Death Note movie (I guess just #1?)

RHCP are good but the song Dani California isn't really suited for it I don't think, I would have thought something more slow or more darker would have been better.

You can see the video for the song here or on youtube.

silzii

Post by silzii » Apr 7th, '06, 13:16

I just saw the new trailer of it.........whoah its creepy

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:
I can't wait til the movie comes out!!!

Tetsuya Fuijiwara is so like Raitio. As with the L actor......I guess you never know until you see the film!

Can't wait! I'll be in Japan in August.
I hope (hehe tho i doubt it) that its still in the cinema! :cry:

ilot

Post by ilot » Apr 7th, '06, 13:29

what?? DEATH NOTE was made into a movie now?
oh..I cant wait to watch it since I'm currently reading the manga.
I hope it could be make into drama series next since movie is wayyy to short to watch.

Noor

Post by Noor » Apr 7th, '06, 17:58

wachi wrote:I hope the actor who plays L will live up to my expectation!
Same here.. but still can't wait to see it!
really great news!

Miyoubi

Post by Miyoubi » Apr 10th, '06, 06:08

Wow, the site sure is original, I like the design very much ^^ At first I didn't think Fujiwara suited for playing Raito either, though he's an actor I've always liked, but now that I've watched the teaser I'm starting to get convinced he will do well. For the guy who plays L... I almost wanted to kill him when I saw him playing Shin in NaNa, he was my favourite character in the manga and he didn't fit him at all!!

Sakuya

Post by Sakuya » Apr 10th, '06, 09:05

So is it going to be pure horror? I read some of the manga and it doesn't appear that creepy. :blink

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Apr 11th, '06, 01:04

*hyperventilates*

OMG OMG...how come i found out so late?! lol.. i can't wait to see Death Note...hehehe.. i LOVE the manga!!! this is goin to be one hell of a movie that HOLLYWOOD better not imitate! ¬_¬"

ouky

Post by ouky » Apr 13th, '06, 20:17

woah I can't wait !!
Death Note is really an excellent manga, so sad no one has thought of releasing it in France :cry: . With this, there's probably no way the movie will arrive here, they really force us to download !
And with nobuta wo produce's Mariko :wub: as Misa Misa, I'm sure it will be great !!

ryo.saeba

Post by ryo.saeba » Apr 13th, '06, 21:07

sure sounds so good.
We can see again Mariko's Nobuta wo produce so it deserves to be watched !
Waaaaaa can't wait to watch it !
Misa-Misa so cute ! :wub:
did you guys watch deathnote too ? (like the last chapter was the 105th) ?
Cauz it really rocks !
Light confront Near and now, he said to all his member team that he's indeed kira

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Apr 14th, '06, 13:33

The website is somewhat updated now, Light keeps moving around the room, yesterday he was at the desk now he's on the bed (you can zoom in on him but nothing new is clickable).. at one point a phone was ringing on the desk, I clicked it and it showed more information. I think the trailer is slightly longer now, unless I've just forgotten half of it.

The apple links to tsetaya online which has a death note page with a clip of Tatsuya talking about death note as well as small and large versions of the trailer and this image below (^_^)

[img]http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/9056/jk7nt.jpg[/img]

Have to say Matsuyama's looking good as L.

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Apr 14th, '06, 21:36

^

ooh..they updated the web?? d last time i cheked he was juz sittin down at one place..lol.. *goes to chek it*

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Apr 15th, '06, 00:24

Lowest wrote:The website is somewhat updated now, Light keeps moving around the room, yesterday he was at the desk now he's on the bed (you can zoom in on him but nothing new is clickable).. at one point a phone was ringing on the desk, I clicked it and it showed more information. I think the trailer is slightly longer now, unless I've just forgotten half of it.

The apple links to tsetaya online which has a death note page with a clip of Tatsuya talking about death note as well as small and large versions of the trailer and this image below (^_^)

Yeah, I think he moves depending on what time of the day it is, the clock says 9:15 now but when he's on the bed I think it's about 11~

ornamentsads

Post by ornamentsads » Apr 15th, '06, 00:40

Ohh what a let down! Matsuyama Kenichi in my opinion is not worthy of the role for Erru (L). He's a complete flake! I don't really know who Tatsuya Fujiwara is but he seems alright. But.. ARGH!! Matsuyama?!! WHYYYY!!! Aarghh.
Kirari wrote::O :O :O NO FECKIN WAY! :w00t: OMG Death Note effing rocks! I knew they're gonna make a movie out of it sooner or later. But I was hoping for a live action series more >_<. Or perhaps made into anime. 'Coz I want a good looking guy to play L and Raito. >_< Don't know about that Fujiwara Tatsuya. That L guy is from Ichi Ritoru no Namida. He didn't act all that great but it was just an insignificant role so, can't really tell. :scratch: I'm very curious for the movie. This is my fav manga from my fav (and most brilliant) mangaka too, they'd better do a good job. :rambo:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v440/ ... er13gg.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/7779/11004802pu.jpg[/img]
I completely Agree. Matsumoto Jun is much more suitable >:| considering he's played in several different roles, I'm pretty sure he can pull it off way better than Matsuyama could. *runs around screaming*

ornamentsads

Post by ornamentsads » Apr 15th, '06, 00:44

Oh, Also, I thought Raito should have been played by a person who's less... well... femmy looking. He seemed to me like a very masculine, even chauvinist kind of person. This guy is so femmy. femmy femmy femmy.... *sigh. u____u"

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Apr 15th, '06, 22:02

^

lol...well..its tru.. but..mebbe..its not juz the femmy look?? hahaha.. but i think tatsuya fujiwara will do a good job..lol.. erm.. if u dun kno him.. he's in Battle Royale 1 & 2... he plays the lead role of Nanahara... oooh..and i agree... MatsuJun will do a better job...especially when he crouches and pulls his legs up on the chair.. he soo looks like L..gosh.. i wonder y they dint give him the role
hmm..or mebbe they have? and he juz turned it down coz he's gonna die on part 1 and won't be on part 2? lol.. juz me finkiin...

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Apr 15th, '06, 22:21

fairytwix wrote:^

lol...well..its tru.. but..mebbe..its not juz the femmy look?? hahaha.. but i think tatsuya fujiwara will do a good job..lol.. erm.. if u dun kno him.. he's in Battle Royale 1 & 2... he plays the lead role of Nanahara... oooh..and i agree... MatsuJun will do a better job...especially when he crouches and pulls his legs up on the chair.. he soo looks like L..gosh.. i wonder y they dint give him the role
hmm..or mebbe they have? and he juz turned it down coz he's gonna die on part 1 and won't be on part 2? lol.. juz me finkiin...
If there was a reason, it'd probably be because he's currently filming a film at the same time as Death Note is being filmed..
I think you just have to trust the directors, they must have auditioned them and thought they would be good for the roles.

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Apr 15th, '06, 23:05

^

aaah..he's filming a new movie? kool kool.. proLii so...lol.. it was juz my conjecture nwei..lol.. ye..i guess they prolii auditioned d casts..obviouslii.. lets juz cross our fingers ne?

CrimsonDreamer

Post by CrimsonDreamer » Apr 15th, '06, 23:12

Lowest wrote:The website is somewhat updated now, Light keeps moving around the room, yesterday he was at the desk now he's on the bed (you can zoom in on him but nothing new is clickable).. at one point a phone was ringing on the desk, I clicked it and it showed more information. I think the trailer is slightly longer now, unless I've just forgotten half of it.

OMGGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!!I want to see a bigger version of this T_______T where can I find it?
L!!!!!!! I FREAKIN LOVE L !!!!! <33333
Last edited by CrimsonDreamer on Apr 15th, '06, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.

fairytwix
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by fairytwix » Apr 15th, '06, 23:18

hmmm.. u want like the POSTER VERSION?? or juz a large one gud for wallpaper?? try the website... its on d first page of this thread.. theyr proLii there..

yuji

Post by yuji » Apr 17th, '06, 01:43

CrimsonDreamer

Post by CrimsonDreamer » Apr 21st, '06, 02:58

wow! thanks!

kellzerz

Post by kellzerz » Apr 23rd, '06, 22:12

Some screencaps!!!!
I love L stacking the sugar cubes!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/ ... 4860oo.jpg[/img]

For bigger version of pictures go here: http://community.livejournal.com/death_ ... ml?#cutid1

Yingzi

Post by Yingzi » Apr 23rd, '06, 22:50

it's the guy from Battle Royale!

looks cool

babycurious

Post by babycurious » Apr 25th, '06, 08:16

just starting reading the manga because of this thread.............
i hope the movie is as good as the manga version, cause so far the guy that plays as L looks convincing enough :P
first i though that the americans that makes this movie, since some of the website is in english a those warner bross logos, but later on , i guess its just because of the 'note' itself is ini English...LOL

kellzerz

Post by kellzerz » Apr 26th, '06, 05:58

There is a new trailer on the website to check out.
It takes a little while to get to it. When you click on the tv, then click on the remote next to it. Press the power (red) button and the tv should become fuzzy. Then click on the remote again and the trailer should load.
The trailer is nice and long...and from the clips, it seems that the movie follows the manga pretty nicely.

Anyway, I found this screen capture from the trailer of what Ryuuk looks like.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v718/ ... 0waf1a.jpg[/img]

Now tell me that isn't creepy...awesome...but creepy...