[Movie Discussion] Boku wa imouto ni koi wo suru

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
capucine

[Movie Discussion] Boku wa imouto ni koi wo suru

Post by capucine » Jan 13th, '06, 06:41

Does anyone hear about new J-drama staring 'Jun Matsumoto'? :roll
"Boku wa Imoto ni Koi o Suru" (I love my younger sister) based on well-known anime.

__yukari

Post by __yukari » Jan 13th, '06, 06:44

I heard it was going to be a movie.

cereza
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by cereza » Jan 13th, '06, 08:11

yupe. it isn't a drama but a movie

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Jan 13th, '06, 08:41

Ummm.....those are siblings right :pale:

capucine

Post by capucine » Jan 13th, '06, 10:30

Thank you, yukari and cereza.
Oh...a movie! for real!? If it's gonna be drama, I think it's very dangerous for teenagers. :-(
I've never seen anime version before. I don't like this type of forbidden love.

Schala

Post by Schala » Jan 13th, '06, 12:23

capucine wrote:Thank you, yukari and cereza.
Oh...a movie! for real!? If it's gonna be drama, I think it's very dangerous for teenagers. :-(
I've never seen anime version before. I don't like this type of forbidden love.
Why is it dangerous for teenagers? I'm assuming you mean it might influence them? No offense, but with that logic, you could claim watching two gay people could make you gay.....and that's just ridiculous.

Feel free to share though, if that's not what you meant by "dangerous for teens".....

I'm not one for incest either, but it could be a good story, who knows. I'm also not one for the whole teacher/student relationship, but there's plenty of dramas involving those. Probably because some many teens develop crushes on their teachers, and it's something they can relate to. People love to watch things they can relate to.

saturnnalia

Post by saturnnalia » Jan 13th, '06, 12:43

Their probably not related by blood. Most anime and manga that have this story line, never has the siblings related. Parents married, boy meets girl, some angst, some tears. Marmalade boy, Devil Beside Me, Kare Kano all have this story line.

semiturtle

Post by semiturtle » Jan 13th, '06, 12:54

It was a manga right? B/c if it is, then those two are really blood siblings and they do love each other in the story (well from what i remember the brother has the hots for his sister and the sister is rather confused about her feelings towards her brother). But I could be wrong :-)

Kimika

Post by Kimika » Jan 13th, '06, 23:36

Erm... I think they're real siblings. Twins actually. ^_^;;; I've actually parts of the manga... and the whole story centers around the 'taboo.' I think they even came close to doing it in a church once... ~_~;

But has it been confirmed that Matsumoto Jun will be acting in this? :o I didn't really like this series as a manga, but apparently it got popular enough to be made into an OVA and now into a drama... If MatsuJun is in it I might be tempted to watch. xD

lila_ai

Post by lila_ai » Jan 14th, '06, 21:41

I'm definitely going to watch this even though I didn't like the manga that much.
Not because of the brother-sister issue but because there was just too much drama going on there for me. I am an avid fan of Matsujun that's why I'd like to see how he's going to play the role.
And also in the manga there are lots of shirtless times. I'd like to so Matsujun as nekkid as possible...heh

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Jan 14th, '06, 21:54

im goign to watch it for jun ^^

miriko

Post by miriko » Jan 14th, '06, 21:55

Yeah, that church scene was intense.... But I think they are REAL siblings, I mean they are twins, I think it would be hard to pull the adoption scenario on twins..... Recently there are so many brother-sister mangas out there.... Its sort of discusting (no offense meant to anyone by this comment), But like the person somewhere above me said, I dont think this kind of story would really influence that many teenagers to enter into relationships with their siblings.... I read the manga, I can honestly say I am not one bit closer to finding a sexual relationship with either of my brothers any less epulsive an idea.... Ewwww.......

Not that I think glorifying the idea of siblings having sexual feelings is a good thing either....

I think Im on the fence about this one, but either way, I didnt like the manga or the OVA all that much... I also thought that the brother was too forceful and cruel.... So I guess Jun is gonna have another chance at a forceful male character..... Although at least in Hana Yori Dango he turns out to be a sweetheart and the object of his affaction is not his twin sister....

Just my thoughts on this issue

Big China
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Big China » Jan 15th, '06, 03:26

Can't leave out the anime Koi Kaze which turned out to be a pretty powerful series. AND it got a US release...

diOdio

Post by diOdio » Jan 15th, '06, 21:01

they are not twins in the anime. in the anime, the brother is an office worker and the sister is still in highschool. something about the anime hooked me and i watched it with a turning stomach throughout. as an anime, the story kept more of a fictional feel, im not sure if i can handle it as a live drama or movie.

rainidy
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rainidy » Jan 15th, '06, 22:28

Not sure I'm going to watch this one. Not interested in these type of incest storyline, especially between blood related brother and sisters, but I really want to see Jun. :blink

SimplyJane

Post by SimplyJane » Jan 15th, '06, 22:39

im not pro incest either... :-( however it does happen....

umm..I would like to watch it because of Jun...and well yeah, to see how the storyline is carried out..

vis

Post by vis » Jan 16th, '06, 01:20

I'm definitely going to watch it for Jun ^^ I like angsty stuff XD It can't be worse than Tokyo Tower anyway... I really didn't like that one at all... what kind of storyline was that, honestly *shudders'? Though Matsumoto Jun did play his role well so I did get something out of watching it~~ Any idea if this movie has started to film yet and when it's scheduled to be released?

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Jan 16th, '06, 03:38

can any1 tell me how the story ends in the manga? i think i read the first chapter... but it was quite boring so i stopped....
i dont support incest either... in sm situations it can be understandable like the guy/girl didnt know that the other is his/her sibling... so they may develop feelings for each other be4 knowin the fact... but when two siblings grow up 2gt and fall in luv with each other.....-.- to me it would be really hard to sympathize with both characters... let's see how the movie carries it out tho

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Jan 16th, '06, 03:39

haha for some reason this sorta reminds me of star wars.. luke and leia <sp?>
haha
but in the end. they found out that they were twins adn leia went wiith han solo oooooo. .. XD

and i didnt like tokyo towers that much either..

Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Karo » Jan 16th, '06, 10:40

I'll watch it too.. since it's MatsuJun... ^^
Though I don't relaly like this idea of siblings falling in love with eachother.
I can't even think of falling in love with my brother... >.<
That's really horrible... >.<

I hope that the story will be good. ^^ Haven#t seen the Anime nor read the Manga... So I don't really know... ^^

Tokyo tower is quite a pessimistic movie... I didn#t like it so much either... haha... ^^
But Jun was cute!! ^^

lifa

Post by lifa » Jan 17th, '06, 23:03

Oh my gosh...Jun's doing THIS drama??? Haha I never expected. I've been milling around for some info on this drama for a while.

Guys, I know the plot is messed, but it really sucked me in (manga and OVA). It's honestly one of the best OVA's I've seen and kinda feel wierd saying it but it's the truth. Anyway, I'm excited for this drama!!! And Jun's in it...WHAT WHAT! And I would just like to say that you should give this drama a chance if you're worried about the subject matter. I won't say anything more in order to conceal the plot :mrgreen:

(And believe me I don't condone incestual relationships. I've experinced it firsthand)

enkhee

Post by enkhee » Jan 17th, '06, 23:31

Jun really playes some diverse roles, and does good in each of them. so i'm gonna watch it even though it's about incest. quite glad it's gonna be a movie. is that for certain?

few years ago i was into Kaori Yuki and watched Angel Sanctuary and read the manga. hope this one isn't as intense as AS. any information on release date?

Em_mie

Post by Em_mie » Jan 18th, '06, 00:00

i think jun is an amazing actor. blew me away the first time i saw him. so i'll just watch it just because it's him and he has yet to disappoint me. :salut:

arcanejane

Post by arcanejane » Jan 18th, '06, 00:11

I read most of the manga and i have been pretty much hooked! I dont have siblings so i cant even imaging having feelings for a brother, in the manga it isnt only incest... IT'S TWINCEST!
I am pretty sure i would watch the movie or the dorama without hesitation, especially if Jun will be in it.

Aishiteruze...Dorama

Post by Aishiteruze...Dorama » Jan 18th, '06, 00:56

OH MY GOD!!!!
I can't believe it!!!! I want to shout it loud but i can't!!!!! It's midnight and the neighbours are definetly going to kill me.
I 'm a fan of this manga for sooooooo long time. I like the manga a lot, but not because of the incest part,it's just that the story is very nice and the drawing style is wonderfull . I am also curious about the ending.
BUT... because of this incest part, I would NEVER expect that this manga would turn in a japanese movie or drama. I think that this kind of movie is a very daring step for the japanese. They have so many taboo's... I don't know if they have ever done any similar drama or movies in the past, that's why i am pretty shocked. I am definitely going to watch this. They did a good choice to pic Matsumoto-kun as a leading actor (he is so great :wub: , as Momo chan in Kimi wa Peto was my favourite one), this way it definetly going to attract many female fans out there. Well though many people doesen't seem to like this kind of relationship, hope thay are not going to be disapointed. But does anybody know which actress is going to play his sister?

neena

Post by neena » Jan 18th, '06, 20:40

falling for a sister? umm...thats gross, really for me, i don't think i'll watch even if i'm a matsujun fan. i think i'll pass on this one.

Tomi

Post by Tomi » Jan 18th, '06, 22:01

NO WAT!

I saw this anime about a month a go and it was reeaally not so good and it wasn't even because there was a brother and sister that fell in love (if that was the case I wouldn't watch it in the first place) but the story was a bit repetitive and a little boring after a while. I have no doubt I'll give this a shot, because now that I've seen the anime, I have to the live action.....+ JUN!!!

MissMonika

Post by MissMonika » Jan 19th, '06, 03:52

even though the idea of incest really bothers me because i live with my brother, i'll still watch it because it's MatsuJun after all. love him!

osakana

Post by osakana » Jan 19th, '06, 05:33

Matsujun's gonna be in BokuImouto? o___o;;

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » Jan 20th, '06, 09:51

Well, as long as Jun doesn't suddenly discover he's a reincarnation of a female archangel whose brother got the hots for him/her, it's OK by me. :P

ladyroake

Post by ladyroake » Jan 20th, '06, 17:28

I really really like Jun but this topic is a little too weird for me. I think I'm going to pass on this one. Even though I thought Jun looked sooooo hot in Tokyo Tower, it was hard for me to see him in such a scenario... I don't think incest is going to make me feel any more comfortable.

..so I will wait patiently for his next work..

it's going to take some acting on the sibling's part to portray the turmoil of this unfateful love story..

Kinda reminded me of Old Boy.. I totally freaked out at the end..

nororu

Post by nororu » Jan 20th, '06, 17:41

if Jun will star in it, i will definitely watch it ! :lol

rocoro

Post by rocoro » Jan 20th, '06, 22:29

>________> really, why does it matter if it's incest at all. we watch movies with violence and killing all the time, and I totally find the idea of those things repulsive in real life. XD i hope this movie will be good~~~~~jun-jun surprises me with the variety of characters he acts. (now that i think of it, non of this roles have been similar)

*anticipating~~*

though i did find tokyo tower really.................wha..?? not explained really well XD

blau

Post by blau » Feb 8th, '06, 18:18

Me to I can't wait for see my matsujun... he so cuteeeee my god... how when it coming? this movie :wub:

Eliza

Post by Eliza » Feb 9th, '06, 22:40

I'm definietly going to watch it!
MatsuJun~~~~ yeah^^
And for me the plot seems really hmm.... interesting :P :D
I have just downloaded anime, and I'm going to watch it tonight^^
Now I'm looking for the movie trailer or sth ...

Su

Post by Su » Feb 21st, '06, 15:20

blau

Post by blau » Feb 21st, '06, 15:39

Wow.... Su you are so great Thanks for your information...! Thanks... I can see this link

strawberrynkiwi

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Feb 22nd, '06, 13:48

omg im so excited too!!! i watched the ova and i think it was quite good. i cried so much~ i can't wait to see matsujun act out this love for his own sister... ahhh can't wait^^

and as for the lead girl actress... i forgot her name... but i heard she is a model for seventeen magazine... if i find out i will update my post

jaccie

Post by jaccie » Feb 22nd, '06, 15:56

oh mi goodness!! i read that they are REAL Twins.. oh mi goodness.. i cant stand such a storyline & imagine Jun acting in this kinda storyline.. it will be quite sad to me :(

kanmurikurisumasu

Post by kanmurikurisumasu » Feb 23rd, '06, 04:30

I hope that if there a sad parts in the movie that Jun will cry for real once. I really love him as an actor (In Tokyo Tower he was soooooo cute) but he never seem to be able to get the tears out... Like in kimi ha petto, he's supposed to be crying but even though his voice breaks his eyes are dry. SHOW ME YOUR TEARS!!! >_<

jaccie

Post by jaccie » Feb 23rd, '06, 09:23

may i noe where i can get tokyo towers from?? Thanks..

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Feb 23rd, '06, 10:23

this is sooo sick!!!

this is TABOO all the way... i can understand the perspective of having feelings for someone close to you... but having feelings for YOUR TWIN SISTER!!! geesh...

you both shared a womb together and came out of the same vagina... you're basically one person...

after reading summaries and stuffs... i'm not sure if i want to watch this movie... Jun is wonderful... but watching him in here would ruin my image of him... AND I CAN'T DO THAT... i would hate myself for it... :argue:

Su

Post by Su » Feb 24th, '06, 04:37

You can search Tokyo tower at torrentspy.com

gemtsoi

Post by gemtsoi » Feb 28th, '06, 05:56

I love Jun to bits and think he's one of the best young actors in Asia right now but thinking of a brother falling in love with his twin sister is making me a bit ill...I'm an only child but even thinking of being in love with my cousin is rather sick. I don't think Jun will disappoint in this movie but I'll have to wait for the reviews.

kanmurikurisumasu

Post by kanmurikurisumasu » Mar 3rd, '06, 02:41

jaccie wrote:may i noe where i can get tokyo towers from?? Thanks..
I found Tokyo Tower on a clubbox. The quality is really good. It will probably download faster than on torrentspy.

Here is the clubox:http://clubbox.co.kr/kdwluverz
You need to go in Japanese movies, then 2005 and then go to the sixth page.

As for the new movie/drama, I just can't wait to see it. I like when Japanese movies touch such taboo subjects. Just like the movie Gohatto (Taboo) it should be really nice. I don't think it will change my opinion of Matsujun. You have to dissociate the character and the actor. It's not as if the the 6 o'clock news people were saying that Jun actually fell in love with his sister, it's just fiction. Plus, since this is a really difficult role, it must be some kind of challenge for him to try to incarnate such a person and try to understand what they would feel. I'm pretty sure he'll shine on the screen, like he usually does. I am confident. But, like I said, he better show real tears!!!! >_< LOL

sadotsu

Post by sadotsu » Mar 3rd, '06, 03:09

What have you people got against this concept? Incest used to be a part of life (read: brothers married sisters). The only reason it became outlawed was because of the higher risk of genetic defects. There's nothing gross or weird about it at all.

Deirdre

Post by Deirdre » Mar 7th, '06, 10:34

Nana Eikura will play Iku :)

the incest topic is only bad for religious or genetic things, sorry my english not good

Akira-Kon

Post by Akira-Kon » Mar 9th, '06, 11:11

Deirdre wrote:Nana Eikura will play Iku :)

the incest topic is only bad for religious or genetic things, sorry my english not good
Well although im not religious, i still don't agree with incest - especially brothers and sisters and in this case - twins...

luxe rabbit

Post by luxe rabbit » Mar 10th, '06, 21:16

i am interested to at least see it before passing judgement.
does anyone know when it is set to come out?

quikbunny

Post by quikbunny » Mar 11th, '06, 20:30

The one thing you have to remember is this is a work of fiction - if you really want to watch the movie just go along with the fact that it is fiction and well make Iku and Yori just two people forbidden to be together due to some other reason - I like many others here do not think Incest is a good thing but its nothing to sit there and just keep going "even if it is MatsuJun I'm gonna have to pass."

He made a decision, we should all support it, wait until the movie comes out or wait until more info about it becomes available and then make a decision as to whether or not to watch it.

I personally didn't end up liking the manga but that was because it was boring.. taboo subjects are everywhere, nothing to get all up in a tizzy about. Someone else mentioned one earlier teacher/student relationships - also a bad thing, someone 5-10 years older getting it on with an underage boy or girl? That is gross too, but its a popular genre isn't it?

Some people don't like Yaoi, others love it. Some people don't like Shota, some do. For every fetish, there is a buyer... It's just the way the world is.

I will probably watch the movie if given a chance.. why? Because its fake and I can handle watching fake. :)

kanmurikurisumasu

Post by kanmurikurisumasu » Mar 12th, '06, 01:30

Akira-Kon wrote:
Deirdre wrote:Nana Eikura will play Iku :)

Well although im not religious, i still don't agree with incest - especially brothers and sisters and in this case - twins...
No one here is sayinf that incest is the cool thing to do, but let's not kid ourselves; incest IS a reality. The fact that the siblings are twins makes it even more plausible since twins usually have stonger bonds.

In any case when is that movie comin out?

vis

Post by vis » Mar 13th, '06, 20:21

@quikbunny: Well said ^^

Well I know for sure that I'll be trying it out :) I thought Tokyo Tower was pretty gross, at least it left such a feeling ^^;;;; Hopefully this new movie will leave a better one.

rubychan

Post by rubychan » Mar 13th, '06, 23:35

hey ppl, even if some of you think is incest and all that i'll bet you still watch it when it comes out anyway :lol . I thought this was a series, unfortunately, its a movie :blink
The charismatic Eikura Nana, age 17, a featured model in the fashion magazine "Seventeen," will star as the heroine in the movie "I love my younger sister" (Boku wa imouto ni koi wo suru.) The movie, directed by Hiroshi Ando, is opening this autumn. The movie is based on a popular manga with the same title, about a pair of twin siblings falling into a forbidden relationship. Matsumoto Jun, age 22, will be playing the challenging role of the brother in the incestuous situation.

The manga, created by mangaka Kotomi Aoki, started serialization in "Shoujo Comic" (Shogakukan) in 2003 and continued for a long 2.5 years. The story, centering on the pure feelings shared between the siblings in this dangerous, incestuous relationship has gotten the sympathy of many women of the 10th generation. The manga has sold more than 5 million copies.

Translated by Floating_Sakura
Edited by Firedog

From Manganews http://www.manganews.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1770

emrams

Post by emrams » Mar 13th, '06, 23:55

i'm going to watch it. i love jun and i liked the OVA so i am going to go for it! Like someone said before it is a work of fiction.

i hope someone subs it when it comes out :P please do!

rubychan

Post by rubychan » Mar 14th, '06, 00:09

maybe they will reconsider making it a series after the movie becomes successful (obviously it will, because Jun is in it :P), this happens to Sekai no chuusin (sp?) and Ima ai ni yuki. I like the movies of these two better than the series.

The movie definitely will have sub :D. Autumn, come quickly !!! :wub:

oberon

Post by oberon » Apr 1st, '06, 14:21

sneak previews for Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru:

Deirdre

Post by Deirdre » Apr 1st, '06, 15:59

oberon wrote:sneak previews for Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru:

OMG he looks awsome *.*

kstar

Post by kstar » Apr 1st, '06, 16:20

amm i confused or uhnmm isn't Boku wa Imoto ni Koi o Suru a shoujo manga about two twins incest love??? or is that a completely different manga??? x_x
checks it out

EDIIIIIIIIT

OH MY GOSH IT IS!! This is a very Hentaish manga x_x;;; TWIN LOVE!!!! guwah... i almost thought the girl was Sailor Venus from SM live action

Is there gonna be any sex scenes?? cause the manga was sure full of that x_x

quikbunny

Post by quikbunny » Apr 1st, '06, 21:00

kstar wrote:amm i confused or uhnmm isn't Boku wa Imoto ni Koi o Suru a shoujo manga about two twins incest love??? or is that a completely different manga??? x_x
checks it out

EDIIIIIIIIT

OH MY GOSH IT IS!! This is a very Hentaish manga x_x;;; TWIN LOVE!!!! guwah... i almost thought the girl was Sailor Venus from SM live action

Is there gonna be any sex scenes?? cause the manga was sure full of that x_x
I wouldn't really consider it hentai as opposed to adult or for the older audience manga.. I've seen hentai and well its a lot more disturbing... The girl in the Preview ..not Iku the sister but the other girl that is in love with Yori... is Ayaka Komatsu and she did in fact play Sailor V in the live action Sailor Moon.

AMMYjar

Post by AMMYjar » Apr 1st, '06, 21:38

damn, why are both of the girls so ugly ... especially this girl who played sailor v ...
also the lead girl and matsumoto jun don't look like twins at all

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Apr 2nd, '06, 01:12

I love the fact that he hand to get her to introduce herself.. she had no clue :lol

I don't think the girl is ugly at all.

Ar_Yue

Post by Ar_Yue » Apr 2nd, '06, 01:19

Er... I was wondering could anyone point me to a manga site that has that manga? I want to know why it's... interesting... plus it would kill my curiousity!

-koreandoll.

Post by -koreandoll. » Apr 2nd, '06, 15:56

Hmmmns...that new movie seems very interesting! Hahaha Matsumoto's soooo hott...as long as it's Jun, it's bound to be hot. Especially when he acts tough like in Gokusen and Hana Yori Dango. But in KIMI WA PETTO...jun being soooo submissive like that...i didn't really like it. Although he's still wayy too cute for me to ignore the drama. Hahaha. But the lady actress...i think her name's Koyuki or somehting..the same woman that acted in The Last Samurai, man, she's soooo pretty. I'm sooo jealous coz she got to work with Jun like that...acting sooo submissive. He's such a cute pup in that drama! Hahaha.

osora

Post by osora » Apr 2nd, '06, 16:51

I think that they will change the story in the movie quite alot. I would even bet that they will be step-siblings rather than blood related. That's normally what happens when changing a written story to film. So...I think I will watch it and see what it really is about. If I don't like it, then I'll just stop watching it.

hhv94

Post by hhv94 » Apr 4th, '06, 18:01

I'm going to wait for the reviews from fans who have seen it. Depending on how they handle it I may watch it. Dont think i will though. I have a problem with watching anithyng to do with Incest especialy between Twins. I dont mind the gay relationships but incest for me is where I draw the line. 8)

nihonjunkie

Jun matsumoto's new movie

Post by nihonjunkie » Apr 5th, '06, 17:10

yup.. the girl acting there -- is eikura nana..
she is japanese seventeen's TOP modeL!

i think she Might be jun's height.. haha i'm not sure..
but he can always wear those boots like he did in HYD.
WAHAHA. :lol

Yukino Miyazawa

Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo suru Actors

Post by Yukino Miyazawa » Jun 1st, '06, 06:52

Ok, I watched the anime ova because I was a little curious. Yeah...the movie was...yeah...let's just leave it at that. But who in their right mind would make a movie out of this? I don't see this being a box office hit. It's a little creepy.

Anyway, this is getting away from my point. I know Jun Matsumoto will play Yori - the lead. But who is the sister, Iku? I heard it was Nana Eikura, but the girl in the preview looks a lot like Komatsu Ayaka (not a well-known actress but I know her from the Sailor Moon Live-Action and she's a model). Also, speaking of Komatsu Ayaka, was that her in Kurosagi in I believe episode 6 or 7 (I can't remember which episode)?

IMO, I think Jun looks so different in this movie. Usually his hair is all wiry-looking, and in this, he has straight hair. :scratch: Different...

enemenemuh

Re: Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo suru Actors

Post by enemenemuh » Jun 1st, '06, 07:21

Yukino Miyazawa wrote: It's a little creepy.
That's ur personal opinion, I'd say. I think the manga is quite famous in Japan, and, personally, I like it a lot. There's nothing creepy to love, there never has been. As long as they don't 'produce' children, let them have their way :lol

As for the actors, there's always those who totally disagree with the cast and those, who don't. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hmmm... Jun Matsumoto :wub:

Hedgehog

Re: Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo suru Actors

Post by Hedgehog » Jun 1st, '06, 14:37

Yukino Miyazawa wrote:Ok, I watched the anime ova because I was a little curious. Yeah...the movie was...yeah...let's just leave it at that. But who in their right mind would make a movie out of this? I don't see this being a box office hit. It's a little creepy.
I agree it's a little bit creepy cause of the whole incest thing, it would be quite another thing if the twins actually grew up apart and fell in love unknowiningly (like Koi Kaze). And the fact that Iku took such a short time and accepted Yori's feelings for her. I am very interested to see how the movie turns out, the subject is a mega taboo, to present the idea of twins falling in love in manga and anime is very different from presenting with living breathing actors and actresses.

As for whether this show will be a box office hit... ah, controversy and taboo sells - very well.

Yukino Miyazawa

Post by Yukino Miyazawa » Jun 1st, '06, 14:58

:lol It's just my personal opinion. I never said "own it." Please don't get offended! And I know that it's a pretty popular manga, and I'm not saying it's "creepy to love." What I was saying it's very weird to have a sexual feeling towards your own sibling. I mean, within sibling/family relationships go back to the days of Egypt, Greek Gods, so on and so forth, so I understand. But to me, personally, because of my Catholic up-bringing, it's very disturbing. I mean, I was very much for sibling love in Marmalade Boy (
before they found out they weren't related
) and Angel Sanctuary (but partially because of their back story with their past lives), but for me, it's just weird. I mean, if they want to have that kind of relationship and they truly love each other - all the more power to them. It isn't me, so I'm not freaking out and plus, it's just a story. :P :lol I did enjoy the different view or a sibling relationship and how it is different from the average boy meets girl, boy gets girl or vice versa story. It's more like "boy meets girl a few seconds after they both come out of the same womb, boy grows with girl, boy declares to marry his sister, boy and girl hit puberty, so on and so forth" :lol I just noticed that a lot of anime/manga have a certain affinity for incest. I don't know where it comes from, but it's there.

Anyway, I appreciate your opinion, but I think you might've misunderstood what I posted. I didn't disagree with any casting. I was actually asking a question about the actors. I said Jun looks "different" not "unsuitable" as Yori. His usual hairstyle is not present in the film. In Kimi wa Petto and Hana yori Dango, it was kind of wiry (except for Gokusen where he had straight hair extensions).

So now that that's out of the way, is there anyone can answer my questions from my first posting? Any response would be greatly appreciated! :D

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Jun 1st, '06, 17:58

Here when they filmed this movie ...
me too have a ova and was like o.o and the manga was really mature shoujo ..

if you check ...MatsuJun ...did he do something for his eyes? or something? because he change o.o or it's only me who said that

caryncyh

Post by caryncyh » Jun 2nd, '06, 11:45

or did he do something to his eyebrow? perhaps he made it thinner thus made his eyes look a lil different? loving his hairstyle here... the main actress, she's the one that played the role of sailorVenus rite? didn't really liked her acting then.. we'll see if she does better in this one.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Jun 3rd, '06, 03:53

merging with the existing discussion thread...

Duet

Post by Duet » Jun 4th, '06, 08:18

Its a good manga though the incest parts might make you go all SAYWHAAAT!!!!

but i thought it was pretty good.

I dont get offended easily.

Wolfsbane68

Post by Wolfsbane68 » Jun 4th, '06, 11:45

Personally, I get majorly squeaked by incest when there's already been familial intimacy established, doesn't matter much for me whether they are step-siblings or blood relations. Love is about taking the plunge and opening up to someone outside your safe circle of immediate family. I am an atheist but I think the Christian church near-ban on cousin marriage was really beneficial for the "Western" society.