What is your favorite japanese Recipies

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
Miko Miko

What is your favorite japanese Recipies

Post by Miko Miko » Dec 30th, '05, 03:55

We all know everyone love Japanese food but many people dont know how to make any so post any recipies for japanese food here and maybe we can inspire those who have'nt had it to try these recipies for them self here is my recipe:
CURRY RICE
Ingriedents: (4 servings)

6 cups rice, 300g meat (block of beef thigh), 1 carrot, 2 potatos, 2 onions, *curry ru (premade pakcage)*120g, salt, pepper, 20g butter, salad oil.
Preparation:

Make rice (harder than usual) -> see How to make rice.
cut meat into bite size pieces, shake salt and pepper over it.
Cut onion vertically cut halves into rough slices.
Peel potatos,cut in half and into triangular pieces of 2-4.
Cut carrot in the same way as potatos.
How to make:

In a skillet put oil and butter, turn on fire.
Add meat, fry till surface is browned.
Add onion, fry till translucent.
Add carrots and potatos, fry throughly then add water.
When it come to a boil remove foam from surface, boil till vegetables are soft.
Turn off heat, break paste (block) into small pieces and put in.
Simmer on a low fire till curry paste is melted entirely.
Put rice on dishes put curry on rice.
Serve with:

Garnish with rakkyo, pickles, fukujinzuke.

There ya go thats my fav recipe whats is yours 8) [/img]

musashi77

Post by musashi77 » Dec 30th, '05, 14:00

That's ok, I agree with you. I founded a really good restaurant in Shinjuku.
So, follow the recipe and put on your hot and spicy curry the luxurious KATSUDON:

INGREDIENTS:

* 4 cup steamed Japanese rice
* 4 pieces tonkatsu
* 1 onion
* 2 cups dashi soup stock
* 5 tbsp soy sauce
* 2 tbsp mirin
* 1 tbsp sugar
* 4 eggs

Cut tonkatsu pork into small chunks and slice onion. Put dashi soup stockin a pan on medium heat. Add soy sauce, mirin, and sugar in the pan. Put tonkatsu pieces in the pan and simmer on low heat for a few min. Add onion to the pan and simmer a few more min. Beat eggs in a bowl. Bring the soup to a boil, then pour the eggs over tonkatsu and onion.

kwon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kwon » Dec 30th, '05, 14:14

Aaaaw, it's such a pity I'm not able to get all these ingredients you guys have mentioned... I wanna try these recipes...

Miko Miko

Everywhere

Post by Miko Miko » Dec 30th, '05, 21:14

There is a Asian food store in every town if you live in the USA if not tell me what country you live in and i can look up a store for you

kinki

Post by kinki » Dec 30th, '05, 21:30

Im addicted to Japanese food, yet im very poor at cooking (>_<)
im keeping many Japanese recipe but i never cooked, th eonly things i tried preparing was kareraisu (curry rice) but it was intstant :P and oh my God i love curry rice. i ate curry rice in Japan in a very popular restaurant chain (oops i forgot the name) (>_<)

vicvicious

Post by vicvicious » Dec 30th, '05, 21:33

konomiyaki is the most of my favourite! it's simple and easily to find ingredients.

Gir

Post by Gir » Dec 30th, '05, 23:03

vicvicious wrote:konomiyaki is the most of my favourite! it's simple and easily to find ingredients.
Dang it.. You are suppose to put up a recipe not a picture..now you gone and made me hungry.Image That looks really good.

Tonkatsu is one of my favorites, that is easy just coat in panko bread crumbs, and fry in oil. But the important thing is to have Bulldog tonkatsu sauce.

I have a recipe for a pork and vegetable miso soup, that I really like.

Miko Miko

Mmmm

Post by Miko Miko » Dec 31st, '05, 02:22

Nice both dishes look yummy i'll try them both and its easy to cook even beginners can do it if they follow the recipe exactly once you learn how to do it by the book you can add your own style

tUrtleAE86

Post by tUrtleAE86 » Dec 31st, '05, 20:03

vicvicious wrote:konomiyaki is the most of my favourite! it's simple and easily to find ingredients.
Just to clear things up, it's actually called okonomiyaki, not konomiyaki. :-)

Here's a recipe:
http://japanesefood.about.com/od/holida ... miyaki.htm

Itadakimasu!

Miko Miko

Nice

Post by Miko Miko » Jan 1st, '06, 08:53

Nice i'll try that too

kwon
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: Everywhere

Post by kwon » Jan 1st, '06, 19:52

Miko Miko wrote:There is a Asian food store in every town if you live in the USA if not tell me what country you live in and i can look up a store for you
FYI I live in the Netherlands... And even though in the town where I live, we have like 4 Asian supermarkets, they all don't have much Japanese food. It's mostly just a few ingredients to make sushi... The only place I can think of where they might have more than just some sushi ingredients, would be Amstelveen(more than a two hours trip by train for me :crazy: ), but I don't feel like going all the way there whenever I feel like cooking a Japanese dish...

bLaCkNbLuE

Post by bLaCkNbLuE » Jan 1st, '06, 20:00

I'm going to put each of my Japanese recipes in separate posts. I got them all of various Internet sites, and they are all tasty!

Okayu (Rice Porridge)

Okayu is easy to digest and is easy to eat. When you have a stomachache or have a cold, okayu is a good food to eat. Also, okayu is a good baby food. In China, okayu is commonly eaten for breakfast.
*This is a recipe to make plain okayu. You might want to add some vegetables or meat, depending on your appetite. (For example, boiled chicken, boiled shrimps, boiled scallops, mushrooms, daikon radishes, and so on.)

*makes 2 servings

INGREDIENTS:

* 1/2 cup Japanese rice- (regular, long-grain rice is okay, but doesn't turn out as well)
* 3 cups water
* 1/2 tsp salt
* *some chopped green onion
* *sesame seeds

PREPARATION:
Wash Japanese rice well and drain. Put water and rice in a pan. (*an earthenware pot is suitable.) Leave it for 30 minutes. Put the pan on medium heat and bring to boil. Turn down the heat and cook the rice for 30-40 minutes. Add salt before serving. Sprinkle chopped green onion and sesame seeds if you would like.

bLaCkNbLuE

Post by bLaCkNbLuE » Jan 1st, '06, 20:04

I have never been, by any means, a fan of salad dressing. However, when I first tasted ginger salad dressing at a Japanese restaurant, I was hooked on this stuff forever! Hope you like it!

Ginger Japanese Salad Dressing Recipe

INGREDIENTS:

* 2 tbsps rice wine vinegar
* 3 tbsps vegetable oil
* 1 tbsp sesame oil
* 1 tbsp soy sauce
* 1/2 tsp sugar
* 1 tsp sake
* 1 tsp grated ginger

PREPARATION:
Mix all the ingredients other than oil in a bowl. Add oil gradually into a bowl and mix well.

bLaCkNbLuE

Post by bLaCkNbLuE » Jan 1st, '06, 20:26

This is a great Japanese breakfast recipe. Although, I often find myself eating it for all three meals whenever I make it! :P

Omurice (Omelette Rice)

INGREDIENTS

* 1/2 lb chicken breast
* 1 green pepper
* 1 onion
* 1 tbsp vegetable oil
* 4 C steamed Japanese rice
* salt & pepper to season
* 4 tbsp ketchup
* 4 eggs

PREPARATION

1. Dice chicken, green pepper, and onion. Heat 1/2 tbsp of the vegetable oil in frying pan and saute diced chicken. Add diced green pepper and onion to chicken and saute together. Add steamed Japanese rice in the pan and mix well. Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste. Stop the heat and stir in ketchup. Mix well.

2. Heat another frying pan and add the other 1/2 tbsp of vegetable oil. Whisk one egg in a bowl and pour the egg in the frying pan. Quickly spread the egg in the frying pan and make a thin, large, round omelette.

3. Place some chicken rice in the middle of the omelette and fold top and bottom sides of omelette over the chicken rice. Cover the frying pan with a plate and turn them over to place omurice on the plate.

Repeat steps 2 & 3 to make four plates of omurice. Put ketchup on top of omurice.

Miko Miko

Post by Miko Miko » Jan 6th, '06, 07:12

Nice very nice

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Jan 6th, '06, 07:35

bLaCkNbLuE wrote:This is a great Japanese breakfast recipe. Although, I often find myself eating it for all three meals whenever I make it! :P

Omurice (Omelette Rice)
Ive made this last week...it was sooooooooooooo good. But I kinda panicked when it was time to fold up the omelette. I called my mom for help. She asked me what I was trying to do, I told just fold it up, fold it up, quick! it's burning :hissy:..and she professionally rolled it up and flipped the pan on the plate. I was like 0_o..haha...wow...anyway, I was surprised it was edible and really delicious after the estimations I made(I was too damn lazy to copy the recipe word for word). It's just chicken fried rice, how could I do it wrong? ha...ha...ha

I even drew a face with the ketchup just like Momo's from Kimi wa Petto...and the side view of my omurice looks like the one from Lunch queen...just the side view...the top view is really brownish...or burnt. I still haven't find demiglace sauce from any of the stores here.

I got the recipe from eltinator's Lunch queen torrent post. I think he scanned it from the DVD cover.
eltinator wrote:Image
Next time I'll try bLaCkNbLuE's recipe. :mrgreen:

Mikazuki

Re: Everywhere

Post by Mikazuki » Jan 6th, '06, 07:50

Miko Miko wrote:There is a Asian food store in every town if you live in the USA if not tell me what country you live in and i can look up a store for you
Heh - not all towns. My hometown doesn't have one and the "city" I live in has Americanized Asian food (Top Ramen and Chou King do not count as real Asian foods). The nearest REALY Asian grocery store is over 300 miles away and I take a trip twice a year to stock up on frozen goods, nonperishables and to buy a couple of weeks worth of fresh veggies and fish.

My favorite grocery store.
http://www.uwajimaya.com/

They have a recipe section that I LOVE.

AboutDrama

Post by AboutDrama » Jan 13th, '07, 16:40

The only recipes I know right now are
Miso soup,
Pork/chicken Katsu, and
Japanese noodle with Yakisoba sauce(http://japanesefood.about.com/od/yakiso ... kisoba.htm).

I did try to make okonomiyaki but fail... :/

cebusnacker

Post by cebusnacker » Jan 14th, '07, 20:32

jaycee05 wrote:
bLaCkNbLuE wrote:This is a great Japanese breakfast recipe. Although, I often find myself eating it for all three meals whenever I make it! :P

Omurice (Omelette Rice)
Ive made this last week...it was sooooooooooooo good. But I kinda panicked when it was time to fold up the omelette. I called my mom for help. She asked me what I was trying to do, I told just fold it up, fold it up, quick! it's burning :hissy:..and she professionally rolled it up and flipped the pan on the plate. I was like 0_o..haha...wow...anyway, I was surprised it was edible and really delicious after the estimations I made(I was too damn lazy to copy the recipe word for word). It's just chicken fried rice, how could I do it wrong? ha...ha...ha

I even drew a face with the ketchup just like Momo's from Kimi wa Petto...and the side view of my omurice looks like the one from Lunch queen...just the side view...the top view is really brownish...or burnt. I still haven't find demiglace sauce from any of the stores here.

I got the recipe from eltinator's Lunch queen torrent post. I think he scanned it from the DVD cover.
Next time I'll try bLaCkNbLuE's recipe. :mrgreen:
12 eggs ba? isn't that kind of a lot? or how many does that serve? :P