HANA YORI DANGO SEASON 2

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
newersumm

Post by newersumm » Jan 11th, '06, 18:27

enkhee wrote:this title has gotta go ... out of sight
everytime i see it, it keeps making me unreasonably happy only to find it's this thread
at least add a question mark?
hahah same here :wub:

hmm_yeh

Post by hmm_yeh » Jan 11th, '06, 20:39

ditto

wapuro

Post by wapuro » Jan 12th, '06, 02:57

i think special make more sense.........just my opinion.... :D

XoRENEWDLIFEoX

Post by XoRENEWDLIFEoX » Jan 12th, '06, 07:58

Which one do you guys like more? Gokusen or Hana Yori Dango? Just wondering...since people keep talking about Gokusen :idea:

kyosak

Post by kyosak » Jan 12th, '06, 08:06

XoRENEWDLIFEoX wrote:Which one do you guys like more? Gokusen or Hana Yori Dango? Just wondering...since people keep talking about Gokusen :idea:
Gokusen wasn't good at all IMO... It all just felt like a huge rip off of GTO. A lot of the scenes managed to be very cheesy, and I just couldn't get into it. HYD for the win~!

Maaya

Post by Maaya » Jan 13th, '06, 21:19

I think there will be a new season, almost for sure. Reason : Matsumoto Jun keeps the doumyoji's hairstyle even though at the beginning of the filming he doesn't like it at all (and god knows how much he loves to have beautiful hairs and all)... well they may be filming the new season right now !
(so no change for the cast)

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Jan 13th, '06, 21:30

kyosak wrote:
XoRENEWDLIFEoX wrote:Which one do you guys like more? Gokusen or Hana Yori Dango? Just wondering...since people keep talking about Gokusen :idea:
Gokusen wasn't good at all IMO... It all just felt like a huge rip off of GTO. A lot of the scenes managed to be very cheesy, and I just couldn't get into it. HYD for the win~!
I have to say... I agree. And it's a VERY unpopular opinion to have... but 15 minutes into Gokusen I was shocked at how baldly it cribbed from GTO. It was embarassing to watch. That and some of the actors... like that fat kid with the yellow hair, made me cringe with their astonishingly wooden performances.

HYD was a treat! It was really fun! And, I think Nobuta is as good!! There's plenty more ground that can be covered with High School Comedy/Drama without having to lift whole scenes from another show.

Ah, I see them coming with the lumber and nails now...

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Jan 13th, '06, 21:36

wasn't oguri shun in both GTO and Gokusen? i dont remember much of GTO but i thought he was in it.. wasnt he?

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Jan 13th, '06, 21:38

whisperss_57 wrote:wasn't oguri shun in both GTO and Gokusen? i dont remember much of GTO but i thought he was in it.. wasnt he?
He was very young in GTO (16)!!

Oops, uh, yes, he was in both...

Kirari

Post by Kirari » Jan 14th, '06, 01:12

Maaya wrote:I think there will be a new season, almost for sure. Reason : Matsumoto Jun keeps the doumyoji's hairstyle even though at the beginning of the filming he doesn't like it at all (and god knows how much he loves to have beautiful hairs and all)... well they may be filming the new season right now !
(so no change for the cast)
Maybe because it's just too much trouble to keep straigtening his hair evertime Jun is being filmed. That guy kinda lives in front the camera. n And not that he has a lot of choice in hair variety, since they cut it short to suit Domyouji's hair.

I have mixed feelings about the second season. Coz HYD is already perfect as it is. There's already closure in the last ep. If they continue the story line, it would be like.. they love, they fight, they love they fight and all that jazz.. Who wants to see that. Or the memory lost thing, but that seems like a drag to watch. I want it to stay perfect as it is.

whisperss_57

Post by whisperss_57 » Jan 14th, '06, 01:55

i dont think i want a season 2. im really happy wiht the way it ended ^^

ladyroake

Post by ladyroake » Jan 20th, '06, 17:42

Don't watch season 2 if you think it might ruin HYD.. but as for me... I can see that it can continue and still be good, no.. freak'n awesome like season 1..

can wait!

nororu

Post by nororu » Jan 20th, '06, 17:46

well.. the taiwanese version had season 2.. and episode 9 doesn't feel like an ending at all.. so hopefully it will continue! HYD is just that great!!

endlessrain

Post by endlessrain » Jan 20th, '06, 23:06

I was pretty happy with the ending, but i wouldnt mind a 2nd season at all. =]
HYD<3333

Laer

Post by Laer » Jan 20th, '06, 23:32

Er, no. XD HYD wasn't great enough to warrant a sequel.

And I agree! Gokusen wasn't very good either, but enjoyed watching it very much. That's probably because I haven't seen it GTO yet. Hoho.

Diabolix

Post by Diabolix » Jan 21st, '06, 18:19

I liked the ending as it is. Making a season two is a risk.

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Jan 21st, '06, 18:29

when.for a moment i thought there is really going to be a second season. yeah it will be really nice to have a second season but sequel is usually dissapointing because we usually have a high expectation on the second one

pwner4once

Post by pwner4once » Jan 22nd, '06, 05:24

lol omg thought it's like a news.
oh well yes s2 yes

The Final

Post by The Final » Jan 22nd, '06, 05:59

Man, I thought there was a second season when I saw the title...anyways I think there should be a another season. It would be great if they did :).

diOdio

Post by diOdio » Jan 23rd, '06, 05:29

how many times have i opened this thread thinking there is a second season?

too many. O.O

pikanchi_double

Post by pikanchi_double » Jan 24th, '06, 21:50

actually, there AREN'T a second season!
There is very few chance! Because the drama related the most important events of the drama! Besides, the end of the drama is almost like the end of the manga one!
You have to go to the hanadan topic (someone tells everything! but there are many spoilers about the manga!
Anyway...the drama itself is a spoiler lol

krunk_girl

hyd2

Post by krunk_girl » Jan 24th, '06, 22:06

you must really stop with this thread...makes me think this is breaking news. there shouldnt be a season 2. all sequels not good...

AngelicLayer

Post by AngelicLayer » Oct 13th, '06, 16:56

Shun Oguri and MatsuJun will cast, right!

soraoncloud

Post by soraoncloud » Oct 13th, '06, 17:08

There is a HYD 2 coming out in 2007...at least that's what Dramawiki is saying...and youtube....unless of course it's all fan made...but I highly doubt it...so...we'll see in 2007 if HYD 2 does comes out! And...it's all the same actors and actresses...I think..

emrams

Post by emrams » Oct 13th, '06, 17:24

that's the most important thing. all of the F4 are the same and so is Makino. it's going to be slightly different from the first season so it is natural to have different characters in it as long as they keep the original mains.

Dramawiki says 15 episodes... that seems like a lot to me. I guess they are making up for the first season being only 9 eps when it should have been 10 or 11.
Last edited by emrams on Oct 13th, '06, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.

x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by x_XJules » Oct 13th, '06, 17:26

whoa.. what's with the whole there is a season two there isn't a season two.

i thought it was definite there was... so we actually aren't positive there is one?!

emrams

Post by emrams » Oct 13th, '06, 17:29

There is one. There is kinda a huge gap between comments from January to now. So people just haven't said anything since it was announced I guess.

But there definately is one.

mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber

Post by mizune » Oct 14th, '06, 01:42

whoops.... there's another one of these old HYD sequel threads? :fear:
There's an established HYD2 thread in the Discussions forum, so I'm going to lock this for now...
It may get merged later... we'll see...