HANA YORI DANGO SEASON 2

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
XoRENEWDLIFEoX
Posts: 16
Joined: Dec 26th, '05, 03:20
Location: California

HANA YORI DANGO SEASON 2

Post by XoRENEWDLIFEoX » Dec 28th, '05, 09:21

Should Hana Yori Dango COntinue?


IN my Opinion...I thought the ending scenes from episode 9 showed hints that it will and I do hope that it does because it was definitely short!!!

vtsukasa_ryujin
Posts: 13
Joined: Oct 18th, '05, 19:56

Post by vtsukasa_ryujin » Dec 28th, '05, 09:28

it probably will since HYD #1 is a great hit.. plus the manga has already ended..so there shouldn't be any problems producing HYD #2

User avatar
godmode
Posts: 88
Joined: Oct 7th, '05, 16:03
Location: Canada eh?

Post by godmode » Dec 28th, '05, 09:28

of course it should, theres plenty of story left in the manga.
Currently watching:

Proposal Daisakusen
Hanayome to Papa

User avatar
makino_sanbr
Posts: 219
Joined: Aug 6th, '04, 02:10
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 28th, '05, 16:52

You... almost give me a Heart attack!!! :crazy:
I thought that was some Breaking news :cry:
...
But about you question...
I not even neutral about this...
For sure HYD deserve a second season!!!
There is a lot to tell...
^__^

User avatar
*Lifo*
Posts: 221
Joined: Dec 5th, '05, 17:33
Location: ~::UAE::~

Post by *Lifo* » Dec 28th, '05, 16:55

But Guys ..U know What .. They might change the charachters :cry:
I don't want that !!
Also, remember..second seasons aren't as great as the first ones!

User avatar
[D-W]Katsu
Posts: 65
Joined: Jul 16th, '05, 14:20
Location: Bordeaux - France

Post by [D-W]Katsu » Dec 28th, '05, 17:04

*Lifo* wrote: Also, remember..second seasons aren't as great as the first ones!

it's true unfortunately :(

but we can always hope that they will do S2 with the same cast
Image

User avatar
makino_sanbr
Posts: 219
Joined: Aug 6th, '04, 02:10
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 28th, '05, 17:18

*Lifo* wrote:But Guys ..U know What .. They might change the charachters :cry:
I don't want that !!
Also, remember..second seasons aren't as great as the first ones!
For Sure a S2 with different actors would be horrible...
I agree that S2 should have the same actors.. >_<

User avatar
Maaya
Posts: 12
Joined: Dec 17th, '05, 23:26
Location: France

Post by Maaya » Dec 28th, '05, 17:31

I don't think they would change the actors, il's stupid !!
However, I waaaaaaaaaaant a second season (and a third and ... oki I'll stop here)...
I read tha manga and there are many stories that could be in the new season !!

User avatar
sHeEnA2o9
Posts: 30
Joined: Dec 23rd, '05, 23:13
Location: California

Post by sHeEnA2o9 » Dec 28th, '05, 17:36

yes!! They definitely deserve a second season...but this reminds me a lot of fruits basket- i hope they make a second season of that too...

saltylatte
Posts: 4
Joined: Dec 21st, '05, 12:36

Post by saltylatte » Dec 28th, '05, 18:22

i'm skeptical of a HYD2. just look what they did to MG2...
i rather stick to the ending of HYD. at least it will forever be a cinderella dream.

melonyhappy
Posts: 533
Joined: Nov 10th, '05, 07:33
Location: Canada

Post by melonyhappy » Dec 28th, '05, 19:46

saltylatte wrote:i'm skeptical of a HYD2. just look what they did to MG2...
i rather stick to the ending of HYD. at least it will forever be a cinderella dream.
that's exactly what i was thinking. I don't want them to mess it up.

greengreen
Posts: 17
Joined: Oct 27th, '05, 00:22

Post by greengreen » Dec 28th, '05, 20:00

they has season 2 actully this movie has 21 ep and they are still having on Japan but nobody post this movie so we have to wait for them to post this movie

User avatar
Tia-Kun
Posts: 37
Joined: Dec 13th, '05, 17:27

Post by Tia-Kun » Dec 28th, '05, 20:10

makino_sanbr wrote:You... almost give me a Heart attack!!! :crazy:
I thought that was some Breaking news :cry:
...
But about you question...
I not even neutral about this...
For sure HYD deserve a second season!!!
There is a lot to tell...
^__^
ditto :glare:

theres going to be a sequel to the manga, so they'll probebly do a sequel to the drama, hopefully :thumleft:

User avatar
gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1181
Joined: Dec 28th, '04, 18:56
Location: PL

Post by gunjourui » Dec 28th, '05, 20:23

omg I want season 2 as well :cry: but only with the same cast coz I can't imagine anyone else playing Dom, Rui or Makino after watching this season 1 :wub:
Image Image
supporting Kanju

User avatar
just_candy
Posts: 67
Joined: May 28th, '05, 21:10
Location: USA

Post by just_candy » Dec 28th, '05, 20:34

i want a season 2 too!!! they showed hints that there might be one what with that "see you, soon!" note at the end...or at least that's what i took it for anyway...hahahaha...i hope they do though! :D
Image
sora ni hibike ai no uta

kimmi_x
Posts: 41
Joined: Jan 30th, '05, 18:49
Location: London

Post by kimmi_x » Dec 28th, '05, 20:43

lol omg.. wen i first read this topic title i was likeee.. OMGGGG PART2 !?!?!?!! =X my bad. it only a discussion. xD n yes of course i want a part2 of hana yori dango!!!

EvilKLJS
Posts: 2
Joined: Dec 28th, '05, 21:04

Post by EvilKLJS » Dec 28th, '05, 21:13

saltylatte wrote:i'm skeptical of a HYD2. just look what they did to MG2...
i rather stick to the ending of HYD. at least it will forever be a cinderella dream.
The ending of Hana Yori Dango isn't even the ending at all. That's why there is a "See you, soon!" thing at the end.
And the storyline only covers until Volume 12 of the manga there are 24 more volume of storyline to go.

You measure Hana Yori Dango against Meteor Garden 1 and 2. You should measure it againsts the manga or the anime.

Sorry that you felt skeptical, but the fact is, you are jumping to conlusion before actually giving season 2 a chance just because Meteor Garden 2 sucks totally.

User avatar
hmm_yeh
Posts: 185
Joined: Nov 17th, '05, 18:26
Location: Jersey
Contact:

Post by hmm_yeh » Dec 28th, '05, 21:23

Uh.. I've read in the discussion forum for HYD that Kamio-sensei is picking up where she left off with Hana Yori Dango. So the manga isn't over yet.

As for a second season, I highly highly hope that they would have a second season. The last scene of HYD indicates a possibility of a second season. However, I'm hoping that they won't change the cast as they have all grown on me. It would be a damn shame if they change the cast because they had the chemistry, well specifically the main cast. As for the fact that second seasons usually suck, there's always hope that this would be completely different. I mean they did leave a lot of things out from the manga and they could make a second season out of what's left, but it has to be things that make sense when you intertwine them together. Anyway, I wish and hope with all of my heart that a second season is on the way. I would't even mind having to wait a year or two because this drama deserves much patience and time.

XoRENEWDLIFEoX
Posts: 16
Joined: Dec 26th, '05, 03:20
Location: California

YUP YUP YUP

Post by XoRENEWDLIFEoX » Dec 28th, '05, 23:05

I DO Toally agree with everything that you guys said in this forum. I do thanks all of you guys who participated in the discussion so far. I do know that Season 2 is on its way. YAY

User avatar
flipnicity
Posts: 433
Joined: Nov 14th, '05, 23:02
Location: Canada

Post by flipnicity » Dec 28th, '05, 23:14

you're sure that theres going to be a second season XoRENEWDLIFEoX??? how? heres hoping for a second season! =)

User avatar
Karo
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 760
Joined: Jan 29th, '05, 18:52
Location: Austria... XD
Contact:

Post by Karo » Dec 28th, '05, 23:21

Somehow... I think... we all are hoping for it, though we are afraid... and we are somehow really sure of it too... becaise of this see you soon thing.
Would be horrible oif there won't be a second season after all...

I'm for a second season too. And I believe that there will be one. At least some kind of a special... because the end was just too open.
And I hope that they won't change the cast... not even one person. Cause they all did a gtood job... and I started to like them a lot.

Let's wish for a second season... not a weak one, but a great one!!! ^^

User avatar
Hero
Posts: 94
Joined: Nov 16th, '04, 17:31
Location: UK

Post by Hero » Dec 29th, '05, 01:53

im sure there will be a second season because it said "see you soon!" at the end of the final ep.

User avatar
quikbunny
Posts: 61
Joined: Nov 19th, '05, 17:54
Location: savannah, ga

Post by quikbunny » Dec 29th, '05, 01:55

I would love for there to be a season 2 - however the See You Soon! might not mean that.. I have seen a few other shows I.E. PGSM say the same thing in their last episode - and never see another season or another continuation period. While we are all hopeful, if there is not a second season we shouldn't be too hurt

User avatar
Ryuu
Posts: 3
Joined: Dec 26th, '05, 22:19

Post by Ryuu » Dec 29th, '05, 06:32

A 2nd season!? I'm not really too sure about that...I kinda liked the way it ended cuz it shows everyone is happy and ended up with who they wanted to be with. If they do make a 2nd season I hope they don't make it stupid or drag it out. That would really screw it up.

If they make a 2nd season of HYD and make it like the 2nd season of Gokusen, then I'll really be pissed to say the least. :glare:
I really didn't like Gokusen 2. I only watched 2 episodes and wasn't happy with it. They had different people, a different school and the story was too much like the 1st one. When I heard there was a Gokusen 2, I thought that Yankumi would follow her students to college and teach them.

Oops, that was way off topic. ><; Sorry. Anyways, If they make a good HYD 2nd season then, I'm all for it. If they make it bad then I'll be just sad. :-(

slippyepic
Posts: 109
Joined: Nov 14th, '05, 04:49

Post by slippyepic » Dec 30th, '05, 08:21

Whether they do a special or a proper followup season, it's going to be awhile. The main actor for Hana Yori Dango has signed on to do a movie for spring. HYD drew the highest ratings of the fall schedule, so we're probably going to see some sort of followup.

The finale, which was great, complicated how you do a 2nd season. The TV show covered roughly the first half of the manga, but the ending of the TV show IS the ending of the manga. Adapting the 2nd half of the manga would be very difficult given how this show ended.

The writers of HYD could choose to adapt Kamio's sequel to HYD. Of course, if they do that, we won't see HYD, part 2 for at least a few years.

seraphiney
Posts: 64
Joined: Oct 24th, '04, 16:17

Post by seraphiney » Dec 30th, '05, 09:57

so there should be a 2nd season! YAY in advance... :lol

athida
Posts: 77
Joined: Sep 22nd, '04, 01:46
Location: USA

Post by athida » Dec 30th, '05, 10:13

I really really would love to have a second season too!! With the same cast of course! I truly hope so.

ladyusagi
Posts: 86
Joined: Jul 21st, '04, 00:08

Post by ladyusagi » Dec 30th, '05, 10:20

i really don't understand why people are so scared of a season 2. it's not like gokusen or mg where they had no more material fromt the original work. there's still sooooo much left in hana yori dango the manga that they didn't cover. to make up a totally different thing when you have that much material left is just strange and crazy. also i don't see any reason why they would change the cast. it's a good cast that works really well together. unless the producers are complete idiots, i'm sure the cast will remain the same IF there IS a second season. but then again, you can never tell with people.

User avatar
ninichen
Posts: 52
Joined: Apr 11th, '05, 07:03
Contact:

Post by ninichen » Dec 30th, '05, 10:30

i think a second season would be great. Especially since the manga is one of the longest ever and they covered maybe 20% of it (maybe not even...my memory is kinda fuzzy since its been so long since i read it) And didn't everything feel rushed, like tsukushi and tsukasa didn't spend enough time interacting for her to admit that she loved him...? so season 2 would be great...flesh out the fantasy LOL

slippyepic
Posts: 109
Joined: Nov 14th, '05, 04:49

Post by slippyepic » Dec 30th, '05, 11:15

And didn't everything feel rushed, like tsukushi and tsukasa didn't spend enough time interacting for her to admit that she loved him...?
Perhaps one problem with this adaptation is that it was mostly written with the triangle in mind, whereas the triangle was only one or two arcs in the original manga. But I was extremely happy with the narrative itself; you have to watch some of the episodes a few times to appreciate how dense the adaptation gets. The way themes and character observations were built in parallel, it flows less like a TV serial and more like a long, long movie. In that "movie movie" way, I thought their romance flowed well.

I'd imagine getting the 5 actors to reprise their roles won't be easy. They're all going to want more money, they're all going to want the show to fit their schedule, and you'd figure Jun's agency will want to bill him as a main actor on the show.

I'd like to see Kazuma and Shigeru in a 2nd season. Throw the amnesiac arc in and boom, you have a completely fresh story. Upgrade Jun's jeri curls to a J-Fro and you're set!

User avatar
*kawaii*
Posts: 111
Joined: Nov 30th, '05, 08:49
Location: in my room

Post by *kawaii* » Dec 30th, '05, 17:52

hmmm i dont think it will be a 2 S for hyd

for some resons

1- if u read the manga u will reconize that the drama took most of the important
events ( japan teen , domyoji mather dirty plans, domuji sister help, the F4
splite, the dirty photos plan ..etc
SO, what the 2S will add to the drama ? u remamber losing memory and some
bad events? i was so happy that they remove it from the drama and by the way
the manga ending is the worse ever it left me very sad but the drama its an opening
and happy ending , makino said i love you << finally

2- in the manga the mother force domyuji to go to NY and he didnt see makino
but in the drama we saw that the mother became more kind and they saw each
other before they seperate.

3- the mother in the manga play dirty untile the very end she accept makina
if domyuji complete his studies and carry the family busnez.
the drama encloded this event so whats left for the 2 S am wondering?!!

:whistling: waiting for your ideas
Image
Currently watching
Can you hear my heart :wub:

User avatar
choudori
Posts: 28
Joined: Dec 4th, '05, 05:45

Post by choudori » Dec 30th, '05, 17:56

Definitely!
I thought the first one was too short, and it had such nice production value it's hard to say no to a second season.

:wub:

Aisling
Posts: 60
Joined: Nov 11th, '05, 01:03

Post by Aisling » Dec 31st, '05, 02:29

I agree that they use the actual final of the manga in the dorama
it looks to me that if they do a second part they will totally mess with the manga order
more than they already did
coz they show tha manga in a horrible order
they mix from here and there
I really hated that
I really don`t understand why is this the most high rating dorama
it was an ok for me only for the first 3 episodes and the last one
and because of Shun as Rui character

User avatar
Romu1us
Posts: 5
Joined: Oct 23rd, '05, 19:00
Location: california

Post by Romu1us » Dec 31st, '05, 02:37

i jus hope they keep the same actor, ESPECIALLY inoue mao..ne? haha

slippyepic
Posts: 109
Joined: Nov 14th, '05, 04:49

Post by slippyepic » Dec 31st, '05, 03:54

Actually, it would be kinda . . .interesting . . . if they replaced Inoue Mao with, say, the actress who played "Psychorako." I'm just saying. ;)

strawberrynkiwi
Posts: 106
Joined: Mar 19th, '05, 14:35

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Dec 31st, '05, 07:55

I am desparately hoping they would have a season2 or as least a special... maybe like after tsukasa comes back to japan after his studying in NY!!! I just can't get enough of Jun & Mao.. they make the best couple =) and I really want to see more of Makino saying sweet things to Tsukasa (like in the manga- Makino says things like "don't leave me" "i love you" etc and she kissed him. not tsukasa kissed her)

User avatar
MissMonika
Posts: 30
Joined: Dec 9th, '05, 01:58
Location: The OC

Post by MissMonika » Dec 31st, '05, 08:49

i really hope there is a second season. if not, at least a special or SOMETHING!! suffering from HYD deprivation

User avatar
Jecky
Posts: 425
Joined: Jun 5th, '05, 20:25
Location: California & with my hubby(s)>_<

Post by Jecky » Dec 31st, '05, 08:55

i don't think there's a second season bcuz they ended the final episode with the ending of the manga. But i really hope there's a special or something.....i really miss HYD....especailly MatsuJun and Oguri Shun :cry:
7=1 Jaebeom oppa come back already~!!!! :cry:

User avatar
enkhee
Posts: 84
Joined: Dec 12th, '05, 00:57

Post by enkhee » Dec 31st, '05, 09:12

i wish you would change the title .... it's terribly misleading
AN EYE FOR AN EYE LEAVES THE WHOLE WORLD BLIND

User avatar
Jecky
Posts: 425
Joined: Jun 5th, '05, 20:25
Location: California & with my hubby(s)>_<

Post by Jecky » Dec 31st, '05, 09:18

enkhee wrote:i wish you would change the title .... it's terribly misleading
i totally agree with that.when i read the title,i thought there was a second season and i was about to have an heart attack and faint.....but when i read it,i was like :glare: DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!!!!
7=1 Jaebeom oppa come back already~!!!! :cry:

XoRENEWDLIFEoX
Posts: 16
Joined: Dec 26th, '05, 03:20
Location: California

Post by XoRENEWDLIFEoX » Dec 31st, '05, 09:31

uhuh yeah right JECKY I bet u knew what was comin'...

:thumright: EVERYONE>>>YOU KNOW Y"ALL REALLY WANT SEASON 2! AIN"T I RIGHT? :thumright:

User avatar
makino_sanbr
Posts: 219
Joined: Aug 6th, '04, 02:10
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 31st, '05, 13:30

Aisling wrote:I agree that they use the actual final of the manga in the dorama
it looks to me that if they do a second part they will totally mess with the manga order
more than they already did
coz they show tha manga in a horrible order
they mix from here and there
I really hated that
I really don`t understand why is this the most high rating dorama
it was an ok for me only for the first 3 episodes and the last one
and because of Shun as Rui character
I don't agree..
And you can put me on the side of hardcore HYD manga fans.. really I'm obsessed...
I have some difficult s On he first time that i watched every ep...
But then i could see... HYD essential was there.
And to tell the true if Yoko Kamio that is the author, didn't complain...
Why i will?
If they had chance the essential.. i would be really piss of..
Like put tsukushi and Rui together...
This Definitely NOT Hana Yori Dango..
Or make Domyouji fall in love for another girl... ( I would not mention that is in MG2 :glare: )

But i missed so much some parts too...
And i feel that could came back a little to show this parts...
If they could do this 9 ep, I'm sure that they would do a good job on the others events...
But i agree that the end is pretty much the same arc as the manga end.

User avatar
x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul 18th, '05, 22:52
Location: Seattle

Post by x_XJules » Dec 31st, '05, 13:58

everyone has to admit we were all disappointed when we found out it was only 9 episodes. it'd make sense now to have a short season if there were ones to follow.

i haven't finished reading the mangas yet (and to anyone who hasn't you should pick them up... soooo amazing) but i already agree w/ the majority that THERE SHOULD BE A S2!! there is just soo much more to the story!

Hika.chan
Posts: 57
Joined: Nov 15th, '05, 10:10
Location: NRW, Germany

Post by Hika.chan » Dec 31st, '05, 14:06

First, I want a second season too. :wub:

What`s so wrong about mixing the manga-storyline ? They can take things they left out in the first season into the second season. It would be more worst when the drama ending wouldn`t fit at all just because they exactly followed the manga and made us wait for the next season just to continue the story.

And maybe it was just 9 eps because the actors had signed other contracts and the whole storyline had to be re-planned because of those circumstances.

Don`t think too much about things that are unclear or could end negative. Look forward the dramas coming out next year bringing us joy !! :lol

Steffchef
Posts: 1
Joined: Nov 21st, '05, 20:28
Location: Germany

Post by Steffchef » Dec 31st, '05, 18:30

This is my first reply to a subject and also the fact that English isn't my native language makes me beg you to ignore mistakes

to the topic
In the Matsumoto Jun Thread there was mentionned that he might play soon in another live act of a manga with the short name "Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru" (I love my younger sister)......
It may be just a rumor but regarding the fact that he already played in 3 live acts based on manga, it's not impossible!
But if it's true it would mean he can't play Tsukasa so there won't be S2 or and which is even more terrible they'll make a S2 without him (nnnnnnnoooooooooo!!!!!!) :cry: :cry: :blink

On the other hand it would be really fun to see him play Yori from "Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru" who has a crush on his younger twin sister Iku and really wants her to love him too and even to do that kind of things that a normal couple do.....
Yori is a quite passionate guy and everyone who like MatsuJun who probably be excited to see him playing this role....it's sad that the story of this manga isn't really deep.

Well :-( :-( to be honest this doesn't really bring the diskussion on but I found it interesting to mention...

After all a Happy New Years Eve to all of you!!

User avatar
*Lifo*
Posts: 221
Joined: Dec 5th, '05, 17:33
Location: ~::UAE::~

Post by *Lifo* » Dec 31st, '05, 18:44

Steffchef wrote:This is my first reply to a subject and also the fact that English isn't my native language makes me beg you to ignore mistakes

to the topic
In the Matsumoto Jun Thread there was mentionned that he might play soon in another live act of a manga with the short name "Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru" (I love my younger sister)......
It may be just a rumor but regarding the fact that he already played in 3 live acts based on manga, it's not impossible!
But if it's true it would mean he can't play Tsukasa so there won't be S2 or and which is even more terrible they'll make a S2 without him (nnnnnnnoooooooooo!!!!!!) :cry: :cry: :blink

On the other hand it would be really fun to see him play Yori from "Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru" who has a crush on his younger twin sister Iku and really wants her to love him too and even to do that kind of things that a normal couple do.....
Yori is a quite passionate guy and everyone who like MatsuJun who probably be excited to see him playing this role....it's sad that the story of this manga isn't really deep.

Well :-( :-( to be honest this doesn't really bring the diskussion on but I found it interesting to mention...

After all a Happy New Years Eve to all of you!!
I didn't like this story ..How would a guy fall iin love with his sister?!! That's Nonsence!

neena
Posts: 25
Joined: Dec 2nd, '05, 19:30

Post by neena » Dec 31st, '05, 19:09

i heard that there is a sequel to the manga. if there is a sequel to the manga there SHOULD also be a sequel to the live-action one. and about replacing the characters? I will not support that! i won't watch it either if they have a second season with different characters. I love Jun as Tsukasa and Mao as Makino too much!

User avatar
makino_sanbr
Posts: 219
Joined: Aug 6th, '04, 02:10
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Post by makino_sanbr » Dec 31st, '05, 22:30

Steffchef wrote:This is my first reply to a subject and also the fact that English isn't my native language makes me beg you to ignore mistakes

to the topic
In the Matsumoto Jun Thread there was mentionned that he might play soon in another live act of a manga with the short name "Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru" (I love my younger sister)......
It may be just a rumor but regarding the fact that he already played in 3 live acts based on manga, it's not impossible!
But if it's true it would mean he can't play Tsukasa so there won't be S2 or and which is even more terrible they'll make a S2 without him (nnnnnnnoooooooooo!!!!!!) :cry: :cry: :blink

On the other hand it would be really fun to see him play Yori from "Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru" who has a crush on his younger twin sister Iku and really wants her to love him too and even to do that kind of things that a normal couple do.....
Yori is a quite passionate guy and everyone who like MatsuJun who probably be excited to see him playing this role....it's sad that the story of this manga isn't really deep.

Well :-( :-( to be honest this doesn't really bring the diskussion on but I found it interesting to mention...

After all a Happy New Years Eve to all of you!!

well seem that is true that Matsujun will be on a movie based on "Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru" ...
I Don't really know.. but i think that if even they make a Hanada special..will take some time..
I started to read "Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru"... and to tell the true.. i didn't liked..
Was too much for me.. I stopped in ch 07...
Well.. will only be good because probably will have some hot bed scenes... ( *_* matsujun!!!!! ahhhhhTotally a fangirl...)

Yoko Kamio will work again in HYD... but if the Drama follow this continuation will take more time probably

User avatar
XxenTric
Posts: 53
Joined: May 19th, '05, 03:26

Post by XxenTric » Dec 31st, '05, 22:39

Watching the last episode made me want a season 2 as well BUT when they...
kissed at the end...
I knew they were going to finish the series there. There was closure. Makino
admitted to Doumyji that she was inlove with him.
That was it. Also, I think the reason it only ran 9 episodes was because they hired big name actors and actresses who have other projects in line in their career. I don't think they'd commit to long series so a HYD2 is unlikely to happen.

User avatar
CraZyaH
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 745
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 18:12
Location: United Arab Emirates
Contact:

Post by CraZyaH » Dec 31st, '05, 22:47

I don't want a second season bcuz the major stuff already happened in the drama..so I guess making a new season for it with a new plot and stupid things to seperate them would only drag the story even more >.>

so I guess having just a special episode would be great :D loved gokusen 1's special episodes,it was like the real ending for season one...so I'd love it if they could make one like that for Hana Yori Dango
Image

anchan
Posts: 44
Joined: Jan 1st, '06, 07:58

Post by anchan » Jan 1st, '06, 08:01

they should do a season 2 BUT i want the same characters! matsujun!!!!!!!!
and mao is really cute too.

xLilVietDevilx
Posts: 53
Joined: Nov 27th, '05, 00:08
Location: Irvine, California

Post by xLilVietDevilx » Jan 1st, '06, 08:19

a season 2 would b great if they went along with the manga, but since the didnt, just stop while its still good x.x;

User avatar
jaccie
Posts: 29
Joined: Dec 6th, '05, 18:13

Post by jaccie » Jan 1st, '06, 11:07

well does anyone of you know where to get Hana Yori Dango's manga scanlations??? Im looking high and low for it .. hana yori dango is one of my fav anime of all times!!

User avatar
x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul 18th, '05, 22:52
Location: Seattle

Post by x_XJules » Jan 1st, '06, 11:14

hmm.. LoL, i've changed my opinion. as i read more and more of the series i've really decided maybe a second season might not be so good. it could possibly be good.. but the ending of the first season definitely did give closure. it was merely a short moment... but it still counts.

I'm happy and content with only getting one season of hana yori dango.

User avatar
makino_sanbr
Posts: 219
Joined: Aug 6th, '04, 02:10
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Post by makino_sanbr » Jan 1st, '06, 14:46

jaccie wrote:well does anyone of you know where to get Hana Yori Dango's manga scanlations??? Im looking high and low for it .. hana yori dango is one of my fav anime of all times!!
You can get HYD manga by bittorrent:

http://www.boxtorrents.com/details.php?id=11772
Manga http://www.animez.info/torrents.html
Manga http://www.mybittorrent.com/info/bittor ... 14442.html

User avatar
kko_lit
Posts: 45
Joined: Sep 5th, '05, 07:23
Location: In front of the PC.
Contact:

Post by kko_lit » Jan 1st, '06, 15:01

it would be kind of difficult to do season two, 'cause they ended the HYD the same way the manga ended...

but i'm not against the possibility... heehee :lol

User avatar
big_eye
Posts: 6
Joined: Oct 3rd, '05, 16:09
Location: Germany
Contact:

Post by big_eye » Jan 1st, '06, 19:06

makino_sanbr wrote:You... almost give me a Heart attack!!! :crazy:
I thought that was some Breaking news :cry:
me too! would be great if they make a second season. the ending was very disappointing in my opinion.
Image

yakusoku92
Posts: 13
Joined: Dec 30th, '05, 22:34
Location: Arcriff Temple =D

Post by yakusoku92 » Jan 1st, '06, 22:30

i think there will be seeing how meteor garden had a second season

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 306
Joined: Apr 13th, '05, 02:17
Contact:

Post by Miaka FY » Jan 1st, '06, 22:33

please ...Meteor Garden season 2 ..is HORRIBLE ..o.o
really ... they make like the manga version but still ..Michelle Saram who play a new girlfriend .....and Shan Cai ...

omg ...

if japanese version have a second season ..hope it's better ......

User avatar
kko_lit
Posts: 45
Joined: Sep 5th, '05, 07:23
Location: In front of the PC.
Contact:

Post by kko_lit » Jan 2nd, '06, 13:08

yakusoku92 wrote:i think there will be seeing how meteor garden had a second season
Meteor Garden had a second season because they finished MG1 waaay before the manga ended.

which explains why season 2 sucked very badly--because they stretched the 3 remaining volumes to quite a number of episodes.

you remember yesha's character? she's only appeared for a short period of time and she didn't play a very significnt role in the last few volumes. and domiyouji's character just had amnesia for a few days (around less than a week). not much drama and drag-fest. hehe

hated MG 2...
Last edited by kko_lit on Jan 2nd, '06, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
wing_wing1
Posts: 55
Joined: Nov 20th, '05, 01:42
Location: manchester
Contact:

Post by wing_wing1 » Jan 2nd, '06, 13:17

i hope there would be a season two too! as long as there wouldnt be a change of characters, i will definitely support it until the end! god, it's been so boring this christmas without hyd

User avatar
m1lk_tea
Posts: 7
Joined: Feb 15th, '05, 13:38

Post by m1lk_tea » Jan 9th, '06, 13:00

yeah me too... i can't wait to see the sequel.. ora at least a special.. :roll

btw, i'm learning to make animated gif and here's my 1st creation..
Image
images credit to The Saturn Necklace
:sweat: violent.baka.honest.simple.genuine.determined... the all-mighty DOUMYOUJI TSUKASA :wub:

User avatar
maggiscool
Posts: 9
Joined: Jan 6th, '06, 07:48
Location: Canada
Contact:

Post by maggiscool » Jan 9th, '06, 16:45

m1lk_tea: I love your display picture and he's so HOT!

chunny
Posts: 135
Joined: Nov 14th, '05, 14:05
Location: the land of imaginary fandom.
Contact:

Post by chunny » Jan 9th, '06, 17:33

Ah!!!Hana Yori Dango should really really really have a second season!!
It's so good!!!!!
I would love to watch the second season..And I'm sure everyone else wouldn't mind either..

*wink wink*

User avatar
halu102
Posts: 14
Joined: Jan 7th, '06, 04:16

Post by halu102 » Jan 9th, '06, 19:34

I also hope for a second season. However, I dunno what it might be about. Most likely a continuation of the manga story? I wonder how it's going to be like since Tsukasa and Tsukushi like each other.
Morning Musume || Eri Kamei || Chees Box Cool! || halu102 :heart:
Image

User avatar
mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Posts: 2001
Joined: Dec 15th, '03, 17:45
Location: undercover admin

Post by mizune » Jan 10th, '06, 01:59

Hmmm... just shows you how much I've been around lately... I only noticed this thread today... ^_^;;;
And was there supposed to be a poll attached here or somehting? :scratch:

fuyuke
Posts: 9
Joined: Jan 2nd, '06, 10:52
Location: singapore
Contact:

Post by fuyuke » Jan 10th, '06, 04:13

i do hope that there is a season two like gokusen. although i havent even wacth finish season 1. (i know i m kind of slow :P)
visit my web XD http://www.fuyuke.nani-kore.net
<3 YAMAPI :wub:

zany003
Posts: 8
Joined: Jan 8th, '06, 05:13

Post by zany003 » Jan 10th, '06, 12:41

I don't think they need to make a 2nd season since there is closure. But if they do, I hope Makino and Domyouji actually hook up in the end (no long distance kinda stuff). It shouldn't be sloppy, either.

User avatar
newersumm
Posts: 119
Joined: May 3rd, '04, 19:21
Location: Midgar

Post by newersumm » Jan 10th, '06, 14:33

zany003 wrote:I don't think they need to make a 2nd season since there is closure. But if they do, I hope Makino and Domyouji actually hook up in the end (no long distance kinda stuff). It shouldn't be sloppy, either.
yeah that long distance type ending sux.
I hope theyll make season 2...and i also hope that it wont be like in Gokusen ...1 season great, 2nd sux :O

garnet07
Posts: 534
Joined: May 4th, '04, 04:18
Location: Cali, USA
Contact:

Post by garnet07 » Jan 10th, '06, 23:56

Uhh sorry for being off topic, but is Gokusen 2 worth watching. Well I finished watching Gokusen 1 and that was a great drama. The thing is they ended it perfectly ( like the students actually graduated and stuff) so should I download Gokusen 2. I mean is it worth it???
Image
Waiting:
J: WatashiGaRenaiDekinaiRiyuu, HimitsuErika, NankyokuTairiku, KaseifuNoMita, NazotokiDinner
K: TreeWithDeepRoots, FlowerShop, Me2Flower
C: InTimeWithYou

User avatar
jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 484
Joined: Apr 20th, '04, 01:34
Location: BC, Canada
Contact:

Post by jaycee05 » Jan 11th, '06, 05:59

garnet07 wrote:Uhh sorry for being off topic, but is Gokusen 2 worth watching. Well I finished watching Gokusen 1 and that was a great drama. The thing is they ended it perfectly ( like the students actually graduated and stuff) so should I download Gokusen 2. I mean is it worth it???
:offtopic: ^^It doesn't suck. IMO, if Gokusen 2 was aired before Gokusen 1, or if u watch it w/o seeing season 1...then it would have been treated more kindly by the internet viewers...coz if u checked out the ratings from viewers in Japan...0_o, they were shockingly high.
It is still funny...but I find myself fast forwarding the fights, and Yankumi's speeches, coz they're almost duplicated, except for some very few revisions.
What's nice though, as somebody pointed out to me, is that there's lots of "eye-candy", as u call 'em, I mean, just imagine Jin, Kame, Mokomichi and that cute little guy whose name I forgot...all in one package..hahaha...but...BUT, I still loveee Sawada and the gang much, much, better...simply because, nothing beats the original...(most of the time).
I would have stopped midway, if it was realllyy bad...I can't believe I've reached ep10...so I guess it's alright.
I heard SARS are working on it, so if ur planning to watch it, then u could wait for their releases.

User avatar
xiaowanzi
Posts: 48
Joined: Dec 13th, '05, 16:12
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by xiaowanzi » Jan 11th, '06, 16:03

hmmm... i ever read b4 that someone ever mentioned that e "C U Soon" at e bottom of e screen can either be:

a) special or a 2nd season
b) Makino's thought to tsukasa... that she'll c him soon. ^_^ cos' she walked away smiling~

whatever it is, i really wish there is at e vv least a special ne!
Image
:thumright: My Arashi Forum: http://www.arashian.com :P :wub:

ninjagirl
Posts: 1
Joined: Nov 15th, '05, 18:18
Location: Whichever direction the wind blows...

Kyaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Post by ninjagirl » Jan 11th, '06, 16:27

Woah, what was that... a sequel to the manga you say. Tell me more tell me more!

and a second season would kick ass...
if they stick with the same cast...
and don't destroy the season with some random plot...
stick with same cast...
stick with same cast...
stick with same cast...
ok repetitive but still heartfelt...don't want another Gokusen 2 (Sawada where'd ya go!)

3 cheers 4 Hana Yori Dango (and Jun)
*cheer*
*cheer*
*cheer*
Im begging you please no! It isnt right, it isnt fair. There was no parking anywhere. I swear that hydrant wasnt there. Why cant you let it gooooo!

User avatar
hana_k1Ta_____!
Posts: 2
Joined: Jan 11th, '06, 11:46
Location: STHLM

Post by hana_k1Ta_____! » Jan 11th, '06, 17:50

I think a season 2 would be very appropriate ^_^
There must be tons of stuff they can use from the manga!
But since all the relationships are established, I guess the plot would be a bit different. :3 which is fine by me, I think it'd be really interesting XD

User avatar
enkhee
Posts: 84
Joined: Dec 12th, '05, 00:57

Post by enkhee » Jan 11th, '06, 18:09

this title has gotta go ... out of sight
everytime i see it, it keeps making me unreasonably happy only to find it's this thread
at least add a question mark?
AN EYE FOR AN EYE LEAVES THE WHOLE WORLD BLIND

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest