Ayumi Hamasaki

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
magincia

Post by magincia » Jan 7th, '08, 15:24

Are there any Ayu fans? Well, fans or no fans, have you heard the latest news? Ayu has completely lost her hearing on her left hear, like she announced on TeamAyu. She's been having hearing problems since 2000 when numerous shows got cancelled. Still, she continued and now her left ear has reached a point of no return, but even so, Ayu will keep performing for us (fans) even if it leads to her right ear to be also deaf.

News can be found everywhere, just google it.

http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67961
AHS forum
http://hippop.wordpress.com/2008/01/04/ ... n-one-ear/
A Fan's Blog with translations of Ayu's entries on TeamAyu

JC

Post by JC » Jan 7th, '08, 15:41

I'm not a huge fan of Ayumi Hamasaki. Dare I say it, I find her overrated. And her face scares me. She looks like an android. :lol
Image Image Image

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Jan 8th, '08, 14:18

now thats really bad news.
:( no wonder ... I didnt see anything about countdown 2007-2008 either, cuold that be it?
:blink $zipCode = strtoupper($zipCode); // it is not the case of being sensitive... XD

jigenbakuda

Post by jigenbakuda » Jan 9th, '08, 00:02

JC wrote:I'm not a huge fan of Ayumi Hamasaki. Dare I say it, I find her overrated. And her face scares me. She looks like an android. :lol
I laughed so hard at that, she is android #15, huh? Well I have some of her old pictures... I didn't think she looked that bad. At least her change was not as bad as jacko's. She just got robotic, he switched species...
So bored that you are reading my siggie, then be bored at my blog - Zebes "if one sets a trap, is it not the victims fault for falling in?" - Toga Kiryuu

dirujjj

Post by dirujjj » Jan 9th, '08, 00:11

techie wrote:now thats really bad news.
:( no wonder ... I didnt see anything about countdown 2007-2008 either, cuold that be it?
Yes she had her 2007-2008 concert :-)
You can finds links to dl it at jpopsuki and the AHS forum magincia posted the link to =)

ayu is my favorite female artist so I was saddened by this news...shes strong though and is still going to make music...she is awesome :-)

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Jan 9th, '08, 13:55

thanks for the tip, will check it out.
:blink $zipCode = strtoupper($zipCode); // it is not the case of being sensitive... XD

InTr4nceWeTrust
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by InTr4nceWeTrust » Jan 9th, '08, 18:47

These are the kinds of things that have made me lose a lot of respect for her. Instead of a graceful exit as a human being, she'll wait until she withers and dies on stage as a broken product. I used to like her music because I felt there was heart in them. She says things about her putting her heart and soul into her music. Yet she calls herself a product. Products have no heart and soul.
ありません

magincia

Post by magincia » Jan 9th, '08, 19:05

InTr4nceWeTrust wrote:These are the kinds of things that have made me lose a lot of respect for her. Instead of a graceful exit as a human being, she'll wait until she withers and dies on stage as a broken product. I used to like her music because I felt there was heart in them. She says things about her putting her heart and soul into her music. Yet she calls herself a product. Products have no heart and soul.
50% of me shares almost the same view. Health always comes first, no matter what, and most certainly her fans want her to stay healthy as possible (if not, they're not fans, just selfish people). On the other hand I can also understand her side, that she loves singing so much and will keep singing until she can't do it anymore. Beethoven also went deaf and that didn't stop him from composing wonderful pieces. The question that I make is if her love for singing (anything else, in my point of view, doesn't justify the means; even if it were me I wouldn't have reached this state Oo) is really worth losing her hearing.

Terrna

Ayumi Hamasaki <3

Post by Terrna » Feb 14th, '08, 17:20

Hello, does anyone have more that these picture set of Ayumi Hamasaki ? ^^,
She Is so lovely there ! <3

Please reply :D

Link : http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3112 ... bkbzj8.jpg

Link : http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6039 ... d9osx3.jpg

Link : http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/989/ ... dcole4.jpg

I want more of her at this set !! plix plox help ^^,
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Last edited by Terrna on Feb 14th, '08, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

Karate-ka

Post by Karate-ka » Feb 14th, '08, 18:50

Pretty white t-shirt and pair of jeans, thats all real man need ya know(No they need a job and a Diploma)

Terrna

Post by Terrna » Feb 14th, '08, 19:40

Karate-ka wrote:http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_56984.htm
Did you read the rules?
Wooops! Then should I post @ General Discussions?

mod edit: merged... :D
japanese culture and entertainment is where you will find threads for entertainers who either aren't actors/actresses or for whom acting isn't the main focus...
cheers... -ironicwave

Terrna

Ayumi Hamasaki <3

Post by Terrna » Feb 14th, '08, 19:52

Hello, does anyone have more that these picture set of Ayumi Hamasaki ? ^^,
She Is so lovely there ! <3

Please reply :D

Link : http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3112 ... bkbzj8.jpg

Link : http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6039 ... d9osx3.jpg

Link : http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/989/ ... dcole4.jpg

I want more of her at this set !! plix plox help ^^,
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

[ I have been posting on the wrong thread, so sorry. But I hope this one is the right one ]

sahansah

Post by sahansah » Feb 14th, '08, 20:06

Hey theres already a thread for her under Japanese culture and entertainment, heres the link:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_26442_0.htm

Just ask there :-)

Terrna

Post by Terrna » Feb 14th, '08, 22:28

Oooo!! Thanks moderator for replacing my post ^^,

And if someone can answer my question please quote it. :D

amdpc

Post by amdpc » May 31st, '08, 06:15

can somebody email me where to download ayu's mp3? Its just too much a waste to download whole torrent pack when you' are only going for a song or two

hellokuromi

Post by hellokuromi » Aug 27th, '08, 22:55

magincia wrote:
InTr4nceWeTrust wrote:These are the kinds of things that have made me lose a lot of respect for her. Instead of a graceful exit as a human being, she'll wait until she withers and dies on stage as a broken product. I used to like her music because I felt there was heart in them. She says things about her putting her heart and soul into her music. Yet she calls herself a product. Products have no heart and soul.
even if it were me I wouldn't have reached this state Oo) is really worth losing her hearing.
What do you mean is it really worth losing her hearing?!?!? Do any of you have any idea what disease she has? She has MENIERE'S DISEASE!!!!! There is surgery for this disease but even then it only works on a small amount of people! I would know I have this disease. I hear a ringing noise in my ear 24/7 and I have vertigo attacks which I never know when could happen they could happen at School, work, when i'm out with friends, The vertigo attacks are so bad I often vomit. Now, as for Ayumi Hamasaki her career is her life, she loves music...what do you expect her to do quit music even though her hearing we fade anyway. The scary thing about this disease is that it often starts in one ear and later happens in the other. I know why Ayumi had to cancel concerts and why she is still singing even though she has this disease it is because she is still living her life to the fullest, life is to short not too, How would you feel if you had this disease would you stop your life for it?

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Aug 27th, '08, 23:28

I was actually thinking something in reverse along the very same lines last week when I stumbled on "Robyn" (Swedish chic who re-released in the US again and was recently on David Lettermans show.

In 2002 she came out with a really nice sounding song called "Blow my mind" which reminded me heavily of TK's tunes.

Even to the extent she named her own record lable "Konichiwa records".

Hillarious so I guess the bandwagon works both ways.

As for Ayumi going all western style, t is not quite true, except for clips like the MV to a few of her later albums.

She does shoot a lot of it in New York though since shereally likes the place and had a couple of years of schooling there.

--Techie

groink wrote:
mieko wrote:Well Jpop has gone to pot since the early 90's when TK started producing for artists under the Avex label and infusing more Western infuences into the music and unfortunately it has
gotten worse year after year to such a point where Jpop has lost it's real identity and is just
a carbon copy of crappy western music.. J-rap, J-hip Hop, J-Soul ,J-Grunge all J-CRAP !!!

Ayumi is on this bandwagon big time !!! The reason there are only white people in her videos
is because the Japanese fans have been emulating Western/White culture to such a point that they forget where they come from....

Anybody under 30 and haven't been into Jpop by 1992' latest will not have any clue where i
am coming from... Long live Nori-P & Miporin !!!
LMFAO!!!!!

I've been saying the EXACT same thing about Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and the other white trash pretending to be black R&B artists. It's quite obvious that the rhythm and blues sound is the most popular form of music in the world today. And _POP (you fill in the first letter) is being heavily influenced by it.

Give me a 1980's Matsuda Seiko CD and I'm happy.

yoshi-chan7

Post by yoshi-chan7 » Aug 28th, '08, 01:12

Sorry, but this has to be the most absurd thing that I've ever heard. So excuse me for the need to educate someone extensively.

Graceful exit as a human being? Ayu has so many fans, so many products, so many businesses, and so much influence in the Japanese music market that she realizes that there is no exit that she can make that can be considered graceful. Her fanbase is comprised of people who believe that Ayu's mindset and how she expresses it through her music have changed their lives. To exit at all would be considered abandonment.

That is why she chooses instead to continue singing and creating because, first of all, she wishes it for her fans and, second of all, she has said herself that she would not exist without music. Ayu isn't any human being; she's a human being who has made a huge impact on people's lives. After so many years of success, she has reached a point in her career where she's not content just singing to herself in the shower; she desires response from what she has created and to grow from it.

Yes, Hamasaki Ayumi realizes that Ayu-chan is a product. But it is a product that she gets the last say in marketing. In her album "i am..." she was the one who created that album from front to cover as a gesture for promoting world peace. At the same time, however, she doesn't play the tyrant and dictate everything that goes. She respects her agency and her label and her producers and the people backing her; that answers the "racism" problem too. Ever wonder why all other Asians in Asian showbiz feature more Caucasians in their MVs? Why not ask about that rather than dragging Ayu out of the bunch? Other people have already made valid points regarding the culture favoritism that I think sucks, but is nonetheless the way it is.

Point is, nothing is ever that simple. You can't be a singer without the business end of it. There are people who need to be fed and families to support from your singing and your commercial business. That's what Ayu means by calling herself a "product." She sells her career to financially support avextrax and her dancers and her music producers and her guitarist and...the list goes on.

By the way, did you know that Ayu controls 40% of avextrax's financial assets? Another reason to not quit: save a company and everyone working in it.

Besides, she's the Queen of Pop.

techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by techie » Sep 28th, '08, 00:04

yoshi-chan7 wrote: By the way, did you know that Ayu controls 40% of avextrax's financial assets? Another reason to not quit: save a company and everyone working in it.
Holy smokes, I learned something new... :blink
Well she has surely worked hard at it though...

In appreciation, and for all you others who want more fan pics...
Find linked, a collection of 422 pictures and wallpapers.

Click one of the linked thumbnails to open the gallery, and select from the gallery item page, in the menu to the left, so you can view the whole gallery right there.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

noobee

Post by noobee » Oct 4th, '08, 19:02

ayumi is kinda old but shes still cute and sexy :lol
This user's account has been suspended. Because the user has ignore the mod's warnings to not reply with short useless messages, just so a spam link will show up on all his reply messages.

Natsu-pi

Post by Natsu-pi » Oct 6th, '08, 21:16

I don't think she is the one who decides who is gonna come in her clip or not ne?
I think her manager or the vid producer is the one to decide that

kuro570

Post by kuro570 » Oct 6th, '08, 22:23

I didn't know she had that disease ; ;
Well its great to hear her songs though, my favorite song of hers that probably everyone here would probably argue with me opinion that its the best or atleast one of the best. That song is... M ><
VSS: Warui Yatsura