Utada Hikaru

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
Post Reply
ngongan
Posts: 59
Joined: Apr 26th, '04, 19:37

Utada Hikaru

Post by ngongan » Dec 9th, '05, 10:51

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Easy Image Sharing and Hosting - http://imagesh.net
Your ultimate free image sharing and hosting

User avatar
Lowest
Posts: 372
Joined: May 22nd, '05, 13:41

Post by Lowest » Dec 9th, '05, 10:57

Why does she look so much like.. Umm Hirosue Ryoko (^_-)

I was thinking that the otherday.. then I heard the japanesy song.. (''-_-)

User avatar
neokenzo
Posts: 545
Joined: Sep 3rd, '05, 04:25
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Post by neokenzo » Dec 9th, '05, 12:40

Lowest wrote:Why does she look so much like.. Umm Hirosue Ryoko (^_-)
I dont think she looks anything like Hirosue Ryoko :)
Image

User avatar
Rice
Posts: 30
Joined: Aug 31st, '05, 01:37

Post by Rice » Dec 9th, '05, 15:29

She's my fav japanese signer :wub: . Her songs "First Love" and "Hikari" are my fav of all time :-) .

User avatar
Lowest
Posts: 372
Joined: May 22nd, '05, 13:41

Post by Lowest » Dec 9th, '05, 15:48

neokenzo wrote:
Lowest wrote:Why does she look so much like.. Umm Hirosue Ryoko (^_-)
I dont think she looks anything like Hirosue Ryoko :)

Are you serious? they're bloody twins! :P

Image

Image

User avatar
damarikomu
Posts: 9
Joined: Apr 24th, '05, 23:35
Location: Land of chocolaty goodness

Post by damarikomu » Dec 9th, '05, 15:50

hehe you should see her nowadays with her passion style <_< not really my thing but she's still hot xD

I just loved her with the classic look for Be My Last

User avatar
mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Posts: 2002
Joined: Dec 15th, '03, 17:45
Location: undercover admin

Post by mizune » Dec 9th, '05, 16:57

Uhh... I don't think they look anything alike either....
They're just striking similar poses... :sweat:
Hmmm.... what to do with these musician threads in the actors/actress forums...

User avatar
cerberus
Posts: 52
Joined: Jun 29th, '05, 09:52
Location: England

Post by cerberus » Dec 9th, '05, 17:30

Certainly not the first thing that popped into my head when i saw them pictures - in fact i'd go as far to say they are the most dis-similar two women can be, whilst both being japanese...! lol!

User avatar
Nezumi-chan
Posts: 15
Joined: Nov 13th, '05, 22:32
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Contact:

Post by Nezumi-chan » Dec 9th, '05, 17:53

Er.......Okay............. Now I feel weird; am I the first female posting this thread...? ^^ I'm a fan of hers too! Well, kinda.... I'm new to her music....... I've heard a few of her songs, most of them are kinda urban/dance-ish, but my absolute fave from her is "First Love"........ Actually, there are two things I wanted to inquire about her in my post:

(1) does anyone have the english version of "First Love"? I have the original Japanese version, but I know there's one in English and I'm extremely curious about that; and

(2) I know she's bilingual and sings in English as well (well, don't a lot of J-pop artists do that? but, most of them sing "engrish", lol, whereas she can actually do "english"), in fact I have this track of hers a friend sent me from the Rush Hour 2 soundtrack, a song called "Blow My Whistle" with - get this - Foxy Brown of all people o.O...........but where was I going with this? right.... Ah, is it true she actually tried to start her career in the U.S. before going to Japan and making it big? Really, I was told this, really interesting, she actually'd released an english album at that time, wonder if its still around?

Ehhh, sorry for my rambling, but I'd appreciate the reply. Arigatou! (^-^)
Image

User avatar
tUrtleAE86
Posts: 107
Joined: Jul 31st, '04, 15:56
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Contact:

Post by tUrtleAE86 » Dec 10th, '05, 00:15

Here's her English album:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exodus_%28Utada_Hikaru%29

I haven't heard it myself, but I heard that it just isn't up to par with her Japanese music. I have heard some of her English songs, I can't remember which ones. But, I guess the fact that I couldn't be bothered to remember them tells you how much of an impact they made on me. :|

That said, I still think she's a great singer and songwriter, though I prefer to listen to her in Japanese.
Image

User avatar
Kulture
Posts: 4
Joined: Nov 12th, '05, 19:58
Location: Ohio

Post by Kulture » Dec 10th, '05, 00:34

Nezumi-chan wrote: (2) I know she's bilingual and sings in English as well (well, don't a lot of J-pop artists do that? but, most of them sing "engrish", lol, whereas she can actually do "english"), in fact I have this track of hers a friend sent me from the Rush Hour 2 soundtrack, a song called "Blow My Whistle" with - get this - Foxy Brown of all people o.O...........but where was I going with this? right.... Ah, is it true she actually tried to start her career in the U.S. before going to Japan and making it big? Really, I was told this, really interesting, she actually'd released an english album at that time, wonder if its still around?
(^-^)
Hiki has actually lived most of her life in New York and is/was a student of Princeton (i think). Her Father lives here in the States and her mother in Japan, they are both very famous Japanese entertainment artists. Her album was Exodus, is availbe in the World/ Regae section at Best Buy (a mystery I have yet to understand) and is actually good, but it is nothing like her Jpop stuff and way ahead of its time here in the states. She of course speaks flunet in both languages without the use of Engrish and "Blow my Whistle" is one of my favorite songs. I also believe she is married to an american, I think, but I cant remember rightnow and am too lazy to look. If youare interested in Hiki, or namie, ayu, koda, ect for that matter, feel free to dope me a line. Ive been listening/obessesed with Jpop and rock for almost 10 years now and have quite a collection of cds, dvds, mps, and picture and sometimes can be a foutain of information. I love to get others hooked too ^_^

User avatar
techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 597
Joined: Oct 18th, '04, 02:37
Location: 99% sure, Studying.

Post by techie » Dec 10th, '05, 00:49

About her marriage...
I heard she's married to the director of Casshern... Kazuaki Kiriya

The liveaction movie, not the anime

Edit:
PS./ Hikki sings the ending tune to Casshern /.D.S
Last edited by techie on Dec 10th, '05, 00:50, edited 1 time in total.
:blink $zipCode = strtoupper($zipCode); // it is not the case of being sensitive... XD

2triky
Posts: 123
Joined: Jun 4th, '04, 04:46

Post by 2triky » Dec 10th, '05, 00:49

Kulture wrote:
Nezumi-chan wrote: (2) I know she's bilingual and sings in English as well (well, don't a lot of J-pop artists do that? but, most of them sing "engrish", lol, whereas she can actually do "english"), in fact I have this track of hers a friend sent me from the Rush Hour 2 soundtrack, a song called "Blow My Whistle" with - get this - Foxy Brown of all people o.O...........but where was I going with this? right.... Ah, is it true she actually tried to start her career in the U.S. before going to Japan and making it big? Really, I was told this, really interesting, she actually'd released an english album at that time, wonder if its still around?
(^-^)
Hiki has actually lived most of her life in New York and is/was a student of Princeton (i think). Her Father lives here in the States and her mother in Japan, they are both very famous Japanese entertainment artists. Her album was Exodus, is availbe in the World/ Regae section at Best Buy (a mystery I have yet to understand) and is actually good, but it is nothing like her Jpop stuff and way ahead of its time here in the states. She of course speaks flunet in both languages without the use of Engrish and "Blow my Whistle" is one of my favorite songs. I also believe she is married to an american, I think, but I cant remember rightnow and am too lazy to look. If youare interested in Hiki, or namie, ayu, koda, ect for that matter, feel free to dope me a line. Ive been listening/obessesed with Jpop and rock for almost 10 years now and have quite a collection of cds, dvds, mps, and picture and sometimes can be a foutain of information. I love to get others hooked too ^_^
Utada Hikaru married her music video director Kazuhiro Iwashita (Better known as Kiriya Kazuaki). When Hikaru got hitched, she was 19 and he was 34.

BadChase
Posts: 4
Joined: Dec 8th, '04, 22:37

Post by BadChase » Dec 10th, '05, 01:01

Umm, just to clear one thing up. Her first english album is actually Precious from 1996 and she was under the pseudonym Cubic U. It's actually really good. :) Anyway if you go to the wikipedia you should find some more information. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utada_Hikaru


PS: She's both damn hot, and a damn good singer. Though I was kinda dissapointed in Exodus.

User avatar
mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Posts: 2002
Joined: Dec 15th, '03, 17:45
Location: undercover admin

Post by mizune » Dec 10th, '05, 02:16

Kulture wrote: Hiki has actually lived most of her life in New York and is/was a student of Princeton (i think).
She went to Columbia before eventually dropping out to pursue music full-time. Her dream at the time: to be a microbiologist (or something like that)... :)

ngongan
Posts: 59
Joined: Apr 26th, '04, 19:37

Post by ngongan » Dec 10th, '05, 18:25

and more
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Easy Image Sharing and Hosting - http://imagesh.net
Your ultimate free image sharing and hosting

User avatar
mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Posts: 2002
Joined: Dec 15th, '03, 17:45
Location: undercover admin

Post by mizune » Dec 16th, '05, 05:22

Moving this to the main JEnt forum since Utada hasn't done any acting...

User avatar
techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 597
Joined: Oct 18th, '04, 02:37
Location: 99% sure, Studying.

Post by techie » Dec 16th, '05, 05:25

mizune wrote:Moving this to the main JEnt forum since Utada hasn't done any acting...
She did act like a housewife in her PV for "Simple and Clean" but she wasn't very convincing... I think she eats out more than home :P
:blink $zipCode = strtoupper($zipCode); // it is not the case of being sensitive... XD

User avatar
techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 597
Joined: Oct 18th, '04, 02:37
Location: 99% sure, Studying.

Post by techie » Dec 16th, '05, 05:32

Nezumi-chan wrote: (1) does anyone have the english version of "First Love"? I have the original Japanese version, but I know there's one in English and I'm extremely curious about that; and
here you go... dont know if the translation is valid but it's a try...

For more, go here, but be warned, there are hundreds of pop ups overs and unders and stuff...
http://www.lyricsdownload.com/utada-hikaru-lyrics.html

First Love, btw. was her fathers discovery of her as a singer.
Supposedly she was only 12 years old when she wrote it.

---
Once in a while
You are in my mind
I think about the days that we had
And i dream that these would all come back to me
If only you knew every moment in time
Nothing goes on in my heart
Just like your memories
How I want here to be with you
Once more

You will always gonna be the one
And you should know
How I wish I could have never let you go
Come into my life again
Oh, don't say no
You will always gonna be the one in my life
So true, I believe i can never find
Somebody like you
my first love

Once in awhile
Your are in my dreams
I can feel the your warm embrace
And I pray that it will all come back to me
If only you knew every moment in time
Nothing goes on in my heart
Just like your memories
And how I want here to be with you
Once more
yah yah yah

You will always be inside my heart
And you should know
How I wish I could have never let you go
Come into my life again
Please don't say no
Now and forever you are still the one
In my heart
So true, I believe I could never find
Somebody like you
My first love
oh oh

You will always gonna be the one
And you should know
How I wish I could have never let you go
Come into my life again
Oh, don't say no
You will always gonna be the one
So true, I believe I could never find
Now and forever
:blink $zipCode = strtoupper($zipCode); // it is not the case of being sensitive... XD

User avatar
mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Posts: 2002
Joined: Dec 15th, '03, 17:45
Location: undercover admin

Post by mizune » Dec 16th, '05, 05:58

techie wrote: She did act like a housewife in her PV for "Simple and Clean" but she wasn't very convincing... I think she eats out more than home :P
hahaha... well, i don't think acting in PVs count.... :p

kusmog
Posts: 184
Joined: Mar 10th, '05, 04:58
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Post by kusmog » Dec 16th, '05, 06:11

techie wrote:
mizune wrote:Moving this to the main JEnt forum since Utada hasn't done any acting...
She did act like a housewife in her PV for "Simple and Clean" but she wasn't very convincing... I think she eats out more than home :P
well... she was in this one drama... granted just a 10 second cameo... here's a bad screencap
Image
er? There was a PV for "Simple and Clean"? I think you might be referring to the PV for 『光』 "Hikari". Sometimes I think that may have been the inspiration for her english cover of the song "Simple and Clean" (same melody as Hikari but different lyrics) which is on her "Colors" single....
Image

peachy-sama
Posts: 7
Joined: Nov 19th, '05, 05:53

Post by peachy-sama » Dec 16th, '05, 11:56

hi! i've been listenin to utada ever since her "first love" album then i got to listen to all of her albums and singles. i think her albums were:

1. cubic u
2. first love
3. distance
4. deep river
5. exodus
6. greatest hits (with colors)

i think that's all i know, i also listened to all of her songs. some of her songs were not included in her album just lyk:

1. hayatochiri (original version)
2. simple and clean
3. be my last
4. passion

that's all i know for the singles not included in her albums.

she also did some covers from different genre's. there are lot to mention but here are some: "no woman, no cry by the great bob marley" , "with or without you" by U2, etc... hehe..

peachy-sama
Posts: 7
Joined: Nov 19th, '05, 05:53

Post by peachy-sama » Dec 16th, '05, 12:11

oh, i forgot to mention "Dareka no Negai Kanau koro" which was her single from "Casshern." we all know that's the movie her hubby directed... hehe...

about the song first love, there was an english version out of it. it was sung by a Filipina artist named Jessa Zaragosa. no offense, but the orignal was the best because it was sung by hikki-chan of course. heehehe...

User avatar
*Lifo*
Posts: 221
Joined: Dec 5th, '05, 17:33
Location: ~::UAE::~

Post by *Lifo* » Dec 16th, '05, 12:21

Lovely Thread ! :thumright:

Luv Hikki's Pix :wub:

My favorite song for her is **P-A-S-S-I-O-N**...

and the PV is very creative too don't u all agree ??!
Last edited by *Lifo* on Dec 17th, '05, 16:34, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Schala
Posts: 172
Joined: Jul 26th, '05, 10:41
Location: NJ, USA
Contact:

Post by Schala » Dec 16th, '05, 12:50

I'm not too into Jpop, but I love her song Travelling a lot. And the PV is so....weird! XD
Image

mikomi
Posts: 289
Joined: Mar 18th, '05, 14:27
Contact:

Post by mikomi » Dec 16th, '05, 21:25

One of my favorite J-artists. The Travelling PV is really enigmatic, lol. It's colorful and very creative in its own way, the song itself wasn't that special the first time I heard it, but the uplifting PV soon won me over. I really like her style. Oh her new song Passion is awesome, it's somewhat etheral. Beautiful song :).
Image
Watching: JIN, Ohitorisama, Liar Game 2

User avatar
Nezumi-chan
Posts: 15
Joined: Nov 13th, '05, 22:32
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Contact:

Post by Nezumi-chan » Dec 17th, '05, 04:08

techie wrote:
Nezumi-chan wrote: (1) does anyone have the english version of "First Love"? I have the original Japanese version, but I know there's one in English and I'm extremely curious about that; and
here you go... dont know if the translation is valid but it's a try...

For more, go here, but be warned, there are hundreds of pop ups overs and unders and stuff...
http://www.lyricsdownload.com/utada-hikaru-lyrics.html

First Love, btw. was her fathers discovery of her as a singer.
Supposedly she was only 12 years old when she wrote it.

---
Once in a while
You are in my mind
I think about the days that we had
And i dream that these would all come back to me
If only you knew every moment in time
Nothing goes on in my heart
Just like your memories
How I want here to be with you
Once more

You will always gonna be the one
And you should know
How I wish I could have never let you go
Come into my life again
Oh, don't say no
You will always gonna be the one in my life
So true, I believe i can never find
Somebody like you
my first love

Once in awhile
Your are in my dreams
I can feel the your warm embrace
And I pray that it will all come back to me
If only you knew every moment in time
Nothing goes on in my heart
Just like your memories
And how I want here to be with you
Once more
yah yah yah

You will always be inside my heart
And you should know
How I wish I could have never let you go
Come into my life again
Please don't say no
Now and forever you are still the one
In my heart
So true, I believe I could never find
Somebody like you
My first love
oh oh

You will always gonna be the one
And you should know
How I wish I could have never let you go
Come into my life again
Oh, don't say no
You will always gonna be the one
So true, I believe I could never find
Now and forever
Thanks for the lyrics...! :D But, er.......I'm confused, is that link supposed to be for a place I can download the english version? I can't find such a thing there, just a [mega-pop-up] lyrics site..... :unsure:
Image

User avatar
techie
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 597
Joined: Oct 18th, '04, 02:37
Location: 99% sure, Studying.

Post by techie » Dec 17th, '05, 04:22

kusmog wrote: er? There was a PV for "Simple and Clean"? I think you might be referring to the PV for 『光』 "Hikari". Sometimes I think that may have been the inspiration for her english cover of the song "Simple and Clean" (same melody as Hikari but different lyrics) which is on her "Colors" single....
True, the JP version...
Though since exodus release, the americanized bunch might recognize the US name :D
After all, Disney Hallmark Movies uses it for a screen title tune.
So yeah, hikki's growing I guess.


Oooh and to answer the previous poster...
Nope, we cant post dl links to mp3's and stuff here :unsure: Just cautious.
Check up on going to the nntp (usenet) read how to in the support thread.
:blink $zipCode = strtoupper($zipCode); // it is not the case of being sensitive... XD

kusmog
Posts: 184
Joined: Mar 10th, '05, 04:58
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Post by kusmog » Dec 17th, '05, 07:10

Nezumi-chan wrote:
Nezumi-chan wrote: (1) does anyone have the english version of "First Love"? I have the original Japanese version, but I know there's one in English and I'm extremely curious about that; and
Thanks for the lyrics...! :D But, er.......I'm confused, is that link supposed to be for a place I can download the english version? I can't find such a thing there, just a [mega-pop-up] lyrics site..... :unsure:
umm... I'm not a big Hikki fan as I once used to be (nor is she the same singer she once was so yeah that might have something to do with it...) but I don't think there is an English version of First Love. *There Is* alot of English in the original Japanese song ("You were always gonna be my love... etc etc... now and forever....something forgot the lyrics...I remember how to love, you taught me how..." First Love wasn't a fave single of mine... too slow and girly) itself though, and maybe that's what made you think so but then again I'm not so sure. I checked the single, and it doesn't have it that's for sure... I could be wrong tho...
Image

User avatar
Nezumi-chan
Posts: 15
Joined: Nov 13th, '05, 22:32
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Contact:

Post by Nezumi-chan » Dec 17th, '05, 17:15

kusmog wrote:
Nezumi-chan wrote:
Nezumi-chan wrote: (1) does anyone have the english version of "First Love"? I have the original Japanese version, but I know there's one in English and I'm extremely curious about that; and
Thanks for the lyrics...! :D But, er.......I'm confused, is that link supposed to be for a place I can download the english version? I can't find such a thing there, just a [mega-pop-up] lyrics site..... :unsure:
umm... I'm not a big Hikki fan as I once used to be (nor is she the same singer she once was so yeah that might have something to do with it...) but I don't think there is an English version of First Love. *There Is* alot of English in the original Japanese song ("You were always gonna be my love... etc etc... now and forever....something forgot the lyrics...I remember how to love, you taught me how..." First Love wasn't a fave single of mine... too slow and girly) itself though, and maybe that's what made you think so but then again I'm not so sure. I checked the single, and it doesn't have it that's for sure... I could be wrong tho...
:scratch: See, thats the thing. The only reason I'm sure there is an English version of "First Love" is because years back someone made a Sailor Moon AMV with it, and the lyrics in the song are exactly what techie posted, plus I know that she also sings in English, so I took that as being true; of course, maybe I'm wrong, and the "english" version was fanmade too, with someone who sounds like her, but I doubt it... :unsure: I wish I still had the video so I could send it to you and let you check....maybe AMVorg still has it in their database....
Image

kusmog
Posts: 184
Joined: Mar 10th, '05, 04:58
Location: Brooklyn, New York

Post by kusmog » Dec 17th, '05, 22:46

Hmm... this is a long shot and I have terrible memory.. but might it be in the Majo no Jouken OST? I watched only the first few eps of it, then stopped because i really disliked the characters and the direction it was heading... I also hated Koukou Kyoushi too so you prolly can guess where the problem lies... haha! I *think* they played both japanese and english versions during the series... like for different eps or something like that... but I'm really really not so sure... maybe I'm just senile.. lol..dang... this is annoying me now >_< dammit... some fan I was...

edit: although, upon some googling here and there I found out a pinay named Jessa Zaragoza sung the english version of First Love... o_O;; I have no clue who she is...
Image

User avatar
Nezumi-chan
Posts: 15
Joined: Nov 13th, '05, 22:32
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Contact:

Post by Nezumi-chan » Dec 18th, '05, 09:02

kusmog wrote:
edit: although, upon some googling here and there I found out a pinay named Jessa Zaragoza sung the english version of First Love... o_O;; I have no clue who she is...
:mrgreen: Went googling too, and found that you're correct, Jessa Zaragoza did the cover of Hikaru Utada's "First Love" except in an edited/translated english version.

And.........yeah. Thats it. :P Don't know anything else either, though some of the sites had classed her in a kind of pop-slash-R&B type singer.

Thank you so much for helping me out with this, I'd been wondering about this for a while. :salut: 8) :-)
Image

User avatar
blurryeyes
Posts: 20
Joined: Dec 11th, '05, 18:42
Location: Pinas
Contact:

Post by blurryeyes » Dec 19th, '05, 18:57

Nezumi-chan wrote:
kusmog wrote:
edit: although, upon some googling here and there I found out a pinay named Jessa Zaragoza sung the english version of First Love... o_O;; I have no clue who she is...
:mrgreen: Went googling too, and found that you're correct, Jessa Zaragoza did the cover of Hikaru Utada's "First Love" except in an edited/translated english version.

And.........yeah. Thats it. :P Don't know anything else either, though some of the sites had classed her in a kind of pop-slash-R&B type singer.

Thank you so much for helping me out with this, I'd been wondering about this for a while. :salut: 8) :-)
pop, yes, but RnB.. i dont think so.
her songs were mostly ballad, and she has a very low deep voice.. kinda like amy lee of evanescense(not the style, just the voice)

anyway.. still waiting for my Passion cd+dvd

AntiG
Posts: 17
Joined: Dec 7th, '05, 06:46

Post by AntiG » Dec 21st, '05, 11:18

mizune wrote:
Kulture wrote: Hiki has actually lived most of her life in New York and is/was a student of Princeton (i think).
She went to Columbia before eventually dropping out to pursue music full-time. Her dream at the time: to be a microbiologist (or something like that)... :)
she used to smoke with some of my fraternity brothers over at Columbia and came out to some parties once in awhile... she's a pretty chill girl. Very short too (like 5').

User avatar
Nezumi-chan
Posts: 15
Joined: Nov 13th, '05, 22:32
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Contact:

Post by Nezumi-chan » Dec 21st, '05, 18:25

AntiG wrote:
mizune wrote:
Kulture wrote: Hiki has actually lived most of her life in New York and is/was a student of Princeton (i think).
She went to Columbia before eventually dropping out to pursue music full-time. Her dream at the time: to be a microbiologist (or something like that)... :)
she used to smoke with some of my fraternity brothers over at Columbia and came out to some parties once in awhile... she's a pretty chill girl. Very short too (like 5').
:mrgreen: Heh, here's our star connection right there... 8)
Image

User avatar
Jon Snow
Posts: 58
Joined: Nov 16th, '05, 00:07
Location: Japan

Post by Jon Snow » Dec 21st, '05, 22:54

I love her last song for Kingdom Heart's 2 opening
Well it's simple I like all she have done :mrgreen:

ah execpt 2 albums created for usa...

User avatar
dan12
Posts: 160
Joined: Nov 23rd, '05, 18:13
Location: USA

Post by dan12 » Dec 31st, '05, 17:31

is she married?

User avatar
mizune
Geinou Fansubber
Geinou Fansubber
Posts: 2002
Joined: Dec 15th, '03, 17:45
Location: undercover admin

Post by mizune » Jan 3rd, '06, 23:24

^ Yes, she married Kazuaki Kiriya (PV and film director) a couple years back...

User avatar
Fuchser
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 26th, '05, 14:08

Post by Fuchser » Jan 4th, '06, 21:32

Lowest wrote:
neokenzo wrote:
Lowest wrote:Why does she look so much like.. Umm Hirosue Ryoko (^_-)
I dont think she looks anything like Hirosue Ryoko :)

Are you serious? they're bloody twins! :P

Image

Image
Hmm.. I think the left girl is 100 times more beautifull then this Hikaru. :argue:

User avatar
sHeEnA2o9
Posts: 30
Joined: Dec 23rd, '05, 23:13
Location: California

Post by sHeEnA2o9 » Jan 4th, '06, 22:03

Who exactly is Hirosue Ryoko?? I think they're both beautiful...demo I just can't get over Utada, she's so gorgeous!!! :wub: I think the most attractive thing about a girl is her voice...and Hikaru definitely takes the cake.

Mai favorites would hafta be...

First Love
Simple and Clean
Letters
Time Limit
Automatic
Addicted to you (up-in-heaven mix)
Colors
Be my Last
Passion

:blink omg i can go on forever....

Hov08
Posts: 22
Joined: Nov 13th, '05, 22:50
Location: Hawaii

Post by Hov08 » Jan 26th, '06, 06:31

Aloha peeps...i found this thread...i find kewl that theres a thread about her......and about this little beauty contest her have her.....i think that they are both pretty but i gots to say that Utada takes the cake......well ALOHAS... :cheers: :cheers: :thumleft:

kiwigloomy
Posts: 49
Joined: May 7th, '05, 20:06

Post by kiwigloomy » Jan 26th, '06, 06:45

speaking of Hirosue Ryoko, i think she is really pretty... so pretty even after she gave birth to a child. But why didn't she have braces or something? Or teeth is just.... eeeeekkkk, otherwise, her smile would be perfect =)

And now Utada, i love Hikki's song very much as well, however. Her last two, just not exactly my taste (Passion & Be My Last). So i like her old songs better =) Her first solo debut album Exodus was not that good either, maybe just weird cos everything is in english and everything. But the MV of Passion was so awesome =D
also, Utada is never really meant to be beautiful, you know?(now, she's even a little chubby)
But of course, other than her voice and singing skills, she is also quite cute and funny. I remember last time she went on SmapxSmap, she ordered "funny & interesting dumplings" as her menu, hahaha~~!! XD

Hov08
Posts: 22
Joined: Nov 13th, '05, 22:50
Location: Hawaii

Post by Hov08 » Jan 26th, '06, 06:52

Did any of u guys ever seen her MTV UNPLUGGED.........man it was awsome...it's like a Japanese version of MTV UNPLUGGED :thumleft: :thumleft:

User avatar
cerberus
Posts: 52
Joined: Jun 29th, '05, 09:52
Location: England

Post by cerberus » Jan 26th, '06, 09:47

kiwigloomy wrote:speaking of Hirosue Ryoko, i think she is really pretty... so pretty even after she gave birth to a child. But why didn't she have braces or something? Or teeth is just.... eeeeekkkk, otherwise, her smile would be perfect =)
I heard that it is quite a taboo (for want of a better word) to mess with your teeth in japan. To have your canine tooth raised (like Ryoko's) is considered "lucky" if anything. I think thats right...

User avatar
debstuh
Posts: 111
Joined: Aug 2nd, '04, 03:26

Post by debstuh » Jan 26th, '06, 10:09

--
Last edited by debstuh on Mar 9th, '10, 07:56, edited 1 time in total.

Hov08
Posts: 22
Joined: Nov 13th, '05, 22:50
Location: Hawaii

Post by Hov08 » Jan 27th, '06, 08:56

I think the whole performace was good....it's a must see for Utada fans..... :thumleft: :thumleft:

User avatar
imaretard
Posts: 17
Joined: Oct 8th, '06, 02:16
Location: philippines!^^

Post by imaretard » Oct 8th, '06, 03:33

utada rocks..
i like her songs:
exodus 04
sakura drops
easy breezy
and i love her collection!!!

User avatar
Junfan21
Posts: 133
Joined: Jul 29th, '06, 15:38

Post by Junfan21 » Oct 8th, '06, 20:21

Utada Hikaru is such a good singer!! I haven't heard a lot of her songs, but I heard Hikari and Passion, and a few other songs.
Image
Currently Watching: The Quiz Show 2; Smile; Ghost Friends; Kamen Rider Decade; Buzzer Beat; Futatsu no Spica <3

meotsuburu
Posts: 13
Joined: Jan 4th, '06, 15:09
Contact:

Post by meotsuburu » Oct 10th, '06, 08:18

A very good subtitled First Love can be found on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hydO7ifvjkg (Not mine)

Edit:
A very good subtitled Deep River can be found on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFH1FGVhurI (Not mine)

Deep River is one of my most favorite songs. Deep River info with a quote from Utada @ http://wiki.theppn.org/Deep_River
And the teppn Deep River translation is a bit more acurate.
目を瞑る

User avatar
JC
Posts: 161
Joined: Nov 28th, '05, 23:38
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Post by JC » Oct 13th, '06, 18:50

Hikaru Utada needs to be my wife.

I'll be waiting in the wings if she ever divorces. :glare:

phacoel
Posts: 13
Joined: Aug 11th, '05, 08:50

Post by phacoel » Oct 13th, '06, 19:33

Why nobody ever mentioned "Can't you keep a secret", OST of dorama Hero?
:scratch: :glare:
I think that song is good, especially since I also like the dorama and I like Hikki (just know from this thread that she has this nickname).
Well, that song and "Automatic" have become one of my favourites.

richardli
Posts: 47
Joined: Nov 27th, '06, 14:39

see hiki on game show with David Beckham

Post by richardli » Jan 1st, '07, 15:51

I like the scene where she is eating Natto!
http://japansugoi.com/wordpress/utada-h ... game-show/
Wacky Japanese Videos and hot idols at JAPANSUGOI.COM

User avatar
baka_maki
Posts: 30
Joined: Jan 6th, '07, 12:59
Location: Australia

Post by baka_maki » Jan 11th, '07, 00:56

i once luuuved listening to utada and still do but prob not as much

my fav song of her used to be 'first love' and then it was 'sakura drops'
she looked sooo cool in Easy Breezy PV especially in the car!!
Ionno wot song i lyk most from her now but i lyk passion and the pv

shes just amazing :-)

User avatar
sachin
Posts: 19
Joined: Mar 31st, '07, 21:00
Location: germany

Post by sachin » Apr 1st, '07, 12:18

utada hikaru is a very talented singer..i like hikaru..she is one of my favourite singers..and she sings ,,simple and clean" from kingdom hearts...i love this song :lol
Image :cheers:

User avatar
killergirl
Posts: 5
Joined: Apr 20th, '07, 12:15
Location: tokyo

----utada hikaru and Kazuaki Kiriya DIVORCES-----

Post by killergirl » May 5th, '07, 13:15

It has been announced in march 3,2007 that utada and kauzaki divorced for their four and a half year marriage.It gaved a shocked to many people especially their fans and become the talk of the town.The ex-couple stated that many factors contributed to the divorce, including personal changes, different viewpoints on the future of their marriage, and more importantly, lack of communication due to the nature of their jobs.Utada and Kiriya were married in 2002, at which time Utada was only 19 years of age - while Kiriya was 34.

On the night of their divorce(march 2,'07), Utada Hikaru performed in the music show MUSIC STATION and was seen already without her ring.
--i think this is the flavor of her life---
by YUIRI

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests