Hirai Ken 's thread

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
Su

Hirai Ken 's thread

Post by Su » Dec 2nd, '05, 04:23

Hi - :-) i 've just known about Hirai Ken and i enjoy his songs so much . Here he is

Info :
Name: Hirai Ken (平井堅)
birthdate January 17, 1972
birthplace: Osaka prefecture
grew Up In: Nabari, Mie Prefecture
bloodtype A
height 183cm
weight 70kg
shoe size 27cm
history '93 Sony Music Entertainment Audition

http://fan.hachiyou.com/hiraiken/

http://wiki.theppn.org/Hirai_Ken

And here is 2 best songs :wub:

http://files.filefront.com/Ookii_na_Fur ... einfo.html
http://files.filefront.com/PV_HIRAI_KEN ... einfo.html

minerva

Post by minerva » Dec 2nd, '05, 16:45

At last! Hirai ken;s thread! I'm soooo happy finding someone that also love Hirai Ken.
I've known Hirai Ken since.. 3 or four years ago? I was hooked on "Gaining Through Losing", so I bought his album, Gaining Through Losing. Since then, I became more and more into his voice and music. Now I found myself as a VERY BIG Hirai Ken Fans ^^

Ok, why do I love Hirai Ken?
1. His voice. Very soothing and unique. I think everubody know that his falsetto are gorgeus! I never found any singer who have falsetto as nice as Hirai Ken.

2. His music. Most of his song are writen by himself, and it's one of its kind. I mean, sometime it's very simple )like kimi wa tomodachi), sometimes it's so deep (Hitomi wo Tojite), sometimes it's funny (Sekai de Ichiban). His ability to make music is very great, and I really appreciate that ^^

3. His creativity! I'm stunned when I heard Kimi wa Tomodachi. It's sooooooo unique, simple yet colourful! I;m always be an a cappella lover, and finding my favourite singer singin a cappella by HIMSELF was really amazed me! Not only that, I found out that in every album, he always try somehing different. R&V,Swing, pop, ballad, jazz, all of music was vary in styl, yet still with HK's characteristic on it. Love it!

Minna, I really love Pop Star PV. It's very cute and creative, it shows the other side of Hirai Ken. And I really the mascot, kawaii ^^

Aargh, can't wait until tomorrow. I will received Utabaka Limited Edition! Can't wait... need more Hirai Ken right now..

Dslash

Kiken na Aneki Popstar music video

Post by Dslash » Dec 9th, '05, 19:16

This is my first post here and before I begin I would like to thank all of the people involved in the Kiken na Aneki project. I watch this series on Fuji TV in America and I am glad you guys subbed this series. Only a few episodes left, I think :scratch: , so keep up the good work on this project :salut: and again many thanks to all who took part in the Kiken na Aneki project. :thumleft:
OK with that said, I recently downloaded the Kiken na Aneki theme song "Popstar" music video. Yes Popstar has a music video. :w00t: I was wondering is the singer European or half asian because he doesn't look full asian if asian at all :scratch: . I got the music video from mininova.org and the name of the song with artist is "Ken Hirai - Popstar" if anyone is interested.

Later,
Dslash.....

DougFunnieee

Post by DougFunnieee » Dec 9th, '05, 22:26

Well, supposedly he says he's full-blooded Japanese... but it's kind of hard to swallow.

final_eric

Post by final_eric » Dec 9th, '05, 23:05

Dslash, the pv u ve dl ?is that subbed?
because i want the sub-version, but dont know where to dl.
someone else knows that?

Dslash

Post by Dslash » Dec 10th, '05, 00:47

No sorry :-( . Its not subtitled. I just stumbled on this PV when I was trying to see what else this artist sang. I also wanted the subtitled version and hopefully someone can get it in order for the subbers to sub the ending theme in Kiken na Aneki if it is not already done yet. This series is my new favorite series. Itoh Misaki is beautiful and that actress that plays Yuki, she is from that movie Sky High by the way, is amazing. I hope they make a movie out of this since its only around 11 episodes and I dont think 11 episodes is enough unless they end it really good.

final_eric

Post by final_eric » Dec 10th, '05, 00:54

totally agree !!!!!
Image :wub: :wub:

tonydesu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by tonydesu » Dec 10th, '05, 01:51

Hirai Ken has a thread here http://www.d-addicts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25620

Looks like people haven't responded much though. I also recommend the music video he did for Tomodachi. There's a subbed version of it available done by http://www.mognet.net/

final_eric

Post by final_eric » Dec 10th, '05, 10:58

hmm? cant find it on mognet.net? it seems they stiil havent release......or i am just loose my eyes?

avexdevil

Post by avexdevil » Dec 10th, '05, 17:32

lol the mv is super cute. the little bear suits were adorable lol. but it's probably a low budget mv :roll

tonydesu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by tonydesu » Dec 11th, '05, 09:37

final_eric wrote:hmm? cant find it on mognet.net? it seems they stiil havent release......or i am just loose my eyes?
Look under their bittorrent section http://a.scarywater.net/mognet/ .If there's no seeders, they have a server in IRC I think, that's where I got my version.

That's for the "kimi wa tomodachi" music video, not popstar just to be clear :)

final_eric

Post by final_eric » Dec 11th, '05, 10:38

tonydesu wrote:
final_eric wrote:hmm? cant find it on mognet.net? it seems they stiil havent release......or i am just loose my eyes?
Look under their bittorrent section http://a.scarywater.net/mognet/ .If there's no seeders, they have a server in IRC I think, that's where I got my version.

That's for the "kimi wa tomodachi" music video, not popstar just to be clear :)
Domo arigato!!! :w00t:
i ve checked their channel on mirc, so lucky i ve found their xdcc bot!!!! dl-speed so quick!!! and totally thanks to you so i can know the real name of pop star is kimi wa tomodachi, otherwise i still cant find it even i find the xdcc bot :D
thanks again !!!! you are the greatest!! :wub:

final_eric

Post by final_eric » Dec 11th, '05, 10:48

hmmm that pv is not pop star ?! ah !! thats y you mean "That's for the "kimi wa tomodachi" music video, not popstar just to be clear "
oh man, my english is really sucks....
but whatever, that pv is also good, thanks at all.
but still wanna find sub-version of popstar :P
i think i should request it on their forum :D

Dslash

Post by Dslash » Dec 11th, '05, 13:05

If you want to know the english words to popstar, then check out this site http://cherryblossom-garden.com/2/hiraiken-eng1.html

It has the whole song translated word for word

teasonsky

Post by teasonsky » Dec 12th, '05, 00:28

Saw the POP STAR VIDEO.

1 word, LOL!

I like it a lot, it's funny. :)

jaycee05
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by jaycee05 » Dec 12th, '05, 02:28

whoaa...is this the Hirai Ken who sings Pop Star?
I just discovered him yesterday when I watched the first ep of Kiken Na Aniki...and mind you, I'm not picturing this face while listening to his song
Su wrote:
Anyway, Pop Star is an addicting song. It's so lively that you just wanna dance or sway your head along with its beat.

/me now hunts for more Hirai Ken's songs

tonydesu
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by tonydesu » Dec 12th, '05, 02:50

jaycee05 wrote:whoaa...is this the Hirai Ken who sings Pop Star?
I just discovered him yesterday when I watched the first ep of Kiken Na Aniki...and mind you, I'm not picturing this face while listening to his song
Su wrote:
Anyway, Pop Star is an addicting song. It's so lively that you just wanna dance or sway your head along with its beat.

/me now hunts for more Hirai Ken's songs
Besides "Kimi wa tomodachi" I also like "Hitomi wo tojite", it was the theme song for "Sekai de chuushin, ai wo sakebu" the movie. :)

He also just released a best hit album just last month!

kinki

Post by kinki » Dec 12th, '05, 18:29

Su, thanks for starting this thread! i love Hirai ken very much as well!!

minerva, me too!!! i first listened to him in 2001 when he sang Gaining through losing. his songs are very good and suits everyone, songs on lost love, childhood memories, friendship, etc.... its rare that you find singer who would care to cover many subject in his/her songs. his songs are simple yet meaningful!! thats why i love him! :wub:

my personal fav are: (haa this is very hard since i love most of his songs)
- hitomi wo tojite
- popstar
- kimi wo tomodachi
- Gaining through losing
- Missing you it'll break my heart
- love or lust
- love love love
- furudokei
eeeee i cant name them since i'll end up saying all his songs now!! hehehe
People shouldn't dwell on the past. It's enough to try your best in all that your'e doing now.
1リットルの涙 / Ichi Rittoru no Namida

avexdevil

Post by avexdevil » Dec 12th, '05, 19:19

wouldn't expect that voice from a guy like him though. but that being said, i'm very impressed with the work he has done.

dolfina

Post by dolfina » Dec 12th, '05, 19:28

I managed to get a copy of his Sentimental Lovers previously, and was totally blown away by this voice. His voice is very clear and clean, very different for the other singers that I usually listen to. Been trying to get a copy of his new best hits album, but still no luck...
Prior to Sentimental Lovers, I have not heard him before... so what are the other 'must haves' in a Hirai Ken collection?

kinki

Post by kinki » Dec 13th, '05, 05:17

i enjoyed ken's bar album, where he sings famous songs of other old singers.
People shouldn't dwell on the past. It's enough to try your best in all that your'e doing now.
1リットルの涙 / Ichi Rittoru no Namida

milleu87

Post by milleu87 » Dec 13th, '05, 05:22

wow.i just listened to his song.it's really good. he's really japanese? he doesn't look a lot like japanese though
btw do you know where to his song? i tried the link on the first page but it doesn't work.i am falling in love with his song :wub:

minerva

Post by minerva » Dec 13th, '05, 13:20

Ok minna, just want to share with you. Here's my most fav hirai ken's song..

10. Pop Star & Iwanai Kankei
9. Ring & Kanashii no wa Kimi dake janai
8. hitomi wo tojite & Life Is..
7. nostalgia & Ookina Furudokei
6. Seishun Days & Love or Lust
5 Merry go Round Highway
4. Kimi wa Tomodachi
3 Strawberry Sex & Gaining Through Losing
2. Sentimental & Catchball
1. Sekai de ichiban!!!

aargh, there're so many that I want to put in my list! So I have to use "&"...