Doumyouji Tsukasa vs Hanazawa Rui

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.

Who is your favourite?

Doumyouji
167
55%
Rui
92
30%
I can't decide since both are great
35
11%
None of them / Some other F4 member
11
4%
 
Total votes: 305

User avatar
Kathleen
Posts: 239
Joined: Oct 21st, '05, 22:59

Doumyouji Tsukasa vs Hanazawa Rui

Post by Kathleen » Nov 5th, '05, 13:01

As I experienced in other forums that Rui was rather popular among manga fans I'd now like to know your opinion. Whom do you like better and why?

My personal favourite is Doumyouji, Doumyouji and again Doumyouji! :wub: I love his strength and his straight forwardness, his unconditional love, his innocence, his faithfulness, his looks, and I especially love him for never giving up on his one and only love. He's a person that knows what he wants and he's always willing to fight for it. As much as I'm of the opinion love means to wish your beloved the best of all I also think it's a great proof of love to do anything in the world to make the person of your desire love you back.
How I wish to meet a person like him... *sigh*

Now it's your turn!
「おまえが違うって言うなら 信じる。 俺はおまえを信じる。」

TragicKingdom
Posts: 191
Joined: Oct 23rd, '05, 10:07

Post by TragicKingdom » Nov 5th, '05, 13:08

Definitely Doumyouji. I couldn't help but love him more and more as the manga continued.

User avatar
blushyy
Posts: 81
Joined: Mar 31st, '05, 03:53
Location: Over there -->
Contact:

Post by blushyy » Nov 5th, '05, 13:08

I haven't read the manga, so I'm voting based on what I've seen so far from the drama. I'm with you too, Doumyouji all the way. I actually think Rui's boring. Doumyouji makes me laugh, and especially in episode 3... he's so funny and cute. Ummm, I wouldn't say he's hot though, sorry. In fact, I think Oguri Shun looks much better than Matsumoto Jun, but when it comes to which character is better, Doumyouji is WINNAH!
Image

User avatar
Kathleen
Posts: 239
Joined: Oct 21st, '05, 22:59

Post by Kathleen » Nov 5th, '05, 13:11

Yay! 4 out of 4 votes for Doumyouji. Makes 100 % for Doumyouji so far! :cheers:
「おまえが違うって言うなら 信じる。 俺はおまえを信じる。」

User avatar
Rewrite|Devil
Posts: 27
Joined: Oct 18th, '05, 09:09
Location: soul society

Post by Rewrite|Devil » Nov 5th, '05, 13:12

doumyouji...dont know why..hehe

TragicKingdom
Posts: 191
Joined: Oct 23rd, '05, 10:07

Post by TragicKingdom » Nov 5th, '05, 13:14

Doumyouji is the sort of character that grows on you. And in the end you can't not like him or choose rui over him :P

User avatar
Ezz
Posts: 30
Joined: Apr 21st, '05, 14:51

Post by Ezz » Nov 5th, '05, 13:16

Doumyouji. Do I need to say more?

Nomanymore
Posts: 1441
Joined: Jan 11th, '05, 21:04
Contact:

Post by Nomanymore » Nov 5th, '05, 13:22

Personnaly , I luve both of them , akakak , [serious] uhm At the begin when I've just started reading this manga , argh just hate that Tsukasa ... arrogant , bad tempered , although he's rich but it's not the reason to be so unrespect to the others around him !! and Rui was , uhm .... oaaa , mysterious , cold , kind ,and all , akaka , fallen for him ? of course , akakak xD Yepppp But , it was the begining , akakak ....... and now wat ? as faras I read this manga , i've found that our Tsukasa was not that bad , hix :( can't help myself but sometime i just felt guilty for him :) really luve the way he shows how he likes our Makino , kawaiiiii , [beside Jun plays it incredibly wel !!!! yaaaa] ; and Rui ? yup dun't know why but after seeing him in HYD drama , don't like him anymore , hix hix , is that cuz of Shun's acting ? agree that his acting talent is awnsome , but Rui is not exactly the img i've had when I first read the manga HYD .... although i've fallen for him before ..

Totally agree with Kathleen , Tsukasa is the one who can give up everything for the one he loves , someone like him , maybe you find him sometime just so stupid , the way he speaks , his bad tempered and all , but , in deep , he's just someone being in love and they're always doing stupid things , right ? , akakak , our Makino is so luckyyy :)

===> 1 vote for Tsukasa =)

Ps , sorry Rui , .................

User avatar
icyblue_flame
Posts: 10
Joined: Sep 13th, '04, 12:45
Location: Singapore

Post by icyblue_flame » Nov 5th, '05, 13:24

The bad ass one that will definitely grow on you because as you get to know him better he will become a baka! Of course, needless to say, the one and only Doumyoji Tsukasa!
Image

evercute
Posts: 4
Joined: May 11th, '05, 12:16
Location: Australia

Post by evercute » Nov 5th, '05, 13:26

DOUMYOJI~~!! He's always been my favourite in Hana Yori Dango. :D To be honest, I have never liked Rui, I was always too busy going on about how cool/hot/loving/adorable Doumyoji was to ever give Rui proper light of day lol ...but ever since I first started reading Hana Yori Dango, I have been pro-Doumyoji. You just can't help but be touched by his unconditional love for Tsukushi and his persistence in trying to get her to like him. Hehehe. You gotta love that. And the fact that he loved Tsukushi and only her throughout the entire series, he never gave any other girl a second glance. I love that fact. Rui was like preoccupied with Shizuka most of the time...but Doumyoji...sigh. If only... :roll

Man, I remember getting so pissed off about how Tsukushi kept liking Rui, when Doumyoji was like WAYY better lol...even though he did mean things, you can tell that his true thoughts were otherwise. Hehe. Aww. I have a sudden urge to go read Hana Yori Dango again >_<;;
TragicKingdom wrote:Definitely Doumyouji. I couldn't help but love him more and more as the manga continued.
Hehe, yeah. Somehow, like Tsukushi, when you read Hana Yori Dango you can't help but fall in love with his character too...

User avatar
heppy
Posts: 42
Joined: Oct 27th, '05, 10:08

Post by heppy » Nov 5th, '05, 13:36

lols.. i'd only seen hanadan anime.. have to admit.. when i very 1st watch it.. no feelings for any body.. like rui abit.. then after like 2-3epis.. love domyoji.. never even think abt the rest ever since.. wahahas.. yupps that's when i was watching the anime..

the drama rocks btw.. gotta go dl the 3rd epi now.. ^^

User avatar
Kathleen
Posts: 239
Joined: Oct 21st, '05, 22:59

Post by Kathleen » Nov 5th, '05, 13:54

Wow, icyblue_flame, that picture is like perfect for this thread. :D And btw, I too certainly love Doumyouji for being a big jerk. xD

@ Nomanymore: I remember I found it unnverving at times that he was always so self-centered. But then again, if he wasn't I wouldn't like him as much as I do now. (I have a thing for the bad guy type.)

@ TragicKingdom: Funny enough Rui got the most votes for the favourite character in the last official poll. I was surprised, too. He becomes kind of cool and friendly as the series continues but I cannot understand how anyone could choose him over Doumyouji as we learn so much about Doumyouji that I can't help but love him. :unsure:

@ blushyy: GREAT someone participates who never read the manga. And you're making me really happy since you prefer Doumyouji although you don't know much about him yet. Thank you! :)

@ evercute: I understand so well what you mean. Same for me. Especially when I watched the anime and
Tsukushi got a crush on Rui again around episode 40. Grmpf. I think Rui is a friendly guy and I really like him but I kind of never forgave him for kissing Tsukushi that time on Doumyouji's island. :glare:
@ heppy: Same goes probably for everybody. I couldn't love anybody at first sight, especially not a fictional character. ^^; I think it took me 3 episodes to come to like Doumyouji, which was probably when he came to rescue her from Asai and co's bullying.

Now if the 3 people who voted for Rui please stand up! :mrgreen: Don't worry, just because the Doumyouji party kind of outnumbers you we won't do you any harm, promise.
Last edited by Kathleen on Nov 5th, '05, 13:56, edited 1 time in total.
「おまえが違うって言うなら 信じる。 俺はおまえを信じる。」

User avatar
gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1181
Joined: Dec 28th, '04, 18:56
Location: PL

Post by gunjourui » Nov 5th, '05, 13:55

TSUKASA all the way!! :wub: :wub: I agree Rui is boring..I like Shun-chan and his acting a lot but I'm not really found of the character he play..
Image Image
supporting Kanju

User avatar
yo-chan
Posts: 28
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 13:01
Location: Germany~

Post by yo-chan » Nov 5th, '05, 14:00

Domyouji!!!

I love this.. **** outside, lover inside characters!!

he is my favoutite manga character in my favourite manga!! he is just great and I love how his characters gets more mature as the manga continues!!

User avatar
Kathleen
Posts: 239
Joined: Oct 21st, '05, 22:59

Post by Kathleen » Nov 5th, '05, 14:12

yo-chan wrote:Domyouji!!!

I love this.. **** outside, lover inside characters!!

he is my favoutite manga character in my favourite manga!! he is just great and I love how his characters gets more mature as the manga continues!!
Waah! Another German Hanadan fan!? *_* Come into my arms! :mrgreen:
I perfectly feel the same towards him btw. It'd be too boring if he was both nice on the inside and on the outside, too. Hehehe. I do find his childish spots quite charming though.
「おまえが違うって言うなら 信じる。 俺はおまえを信じる。」

User avatar
vicvicious
Posts: 36
Joined: May 11th, '05, 14:34
Location: nowhere land

Post by vicvicious » Nov 5th, '05, 14:13

no need to hesitate to vote, it's must be RUI, the one and the only! :P

all of the actors who portrayed as Hanazawa Rui, attract me to be their fan. the character of simplicity, solitude are easily catch my heart!
Attachments
hana_rui002.jpg
hana_rui002.jpg (139.63 KiB) Viewed 14957 times

User avatar
Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 340
Joined: Jan 24th, '04, 22:23
Location: ::Jiang Hu::

Post by Calcifer » Nov 5th, '05, 14:23

Yes! A Lei/Rui fan! :)

I haven't really been following the J-version of this series, but Lei/Rui's character was definitely the one I fell in love with. I have to say that from the J-drama, I might actually not like Lei/Rui as much, but that's just a personal preference. It's going to make a big difference depending on how these characters are portrayed to the audience, but it was Lei/Rui's gentle and sophisticated demeanor and the quiet way of loving his girl, even if he doesn't get her in the end, that totally won me over.

User avatar
ookamiki
Posts: 106
Joined: Aug 5th, '04, 13:00
Location: france

Post by ookamiki » Nov 5th, '05, 14:23

Domiyouji all the way !!!!

How can you not love his character !!! He's so cute !!!
i've read all the book, i saw the anime serie, the anime movie, and the taiwanese version ( Meteor Garden 1&2 ) : i 'm totally fan of these serie mostly cause of Domiyouji !!!!

User avatar
unkei
Posts: 89
Joined: Oct 19th, '05, 12:41
Location: australia

Post by unkei » Nov 5th, '05, 14:30

i LOVE jun's doumyouji to bits, but vic's rui in mg was also pretty good (well in any case, all through mg i was hoping tsukushi would get with rui instead of doumyouji...). but still, i think my love for jun's doumyouji in hyd surpasses anything else, so i can't help but vote for doumyouji. in the manga, i liked both their characters, but after a while i did hope that tsukushi would end up with doumyouji and not rui ^^

User avatar
gunjourui
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 1181
Joined: Dec 28th, '04, 18:56
Location: PL

Post by gunjourui » Nov 5th, '05, 14:34

vicvicious: Nao played Rui in HYD movie? who played Tsukasa? *note: look for this movie*
Image Image
supporting Kanju

TragicKingdom
Posts: 191
Joined: Oct 23rd, '05, 10:07

Post by TragicKingdom » Nov 5th, '05, 15:21

http://www.jdorama.com/drama.729.htm

Tanihara Shosuke played Tsukasa in the HYD movie. >_>... the movie is err.... I don't like it so much ^^;;

EDIT: I loved Vic Zhou in MG. Eventhough I'm a tsukasa fan, Vic was better than Jerry Yan imo. ^__^

User avatar
jessy_yamaphai
Posts: 17
Joined: Jan 26th, '05, 14:03

Post by jessy_yamaphai » Nov 5th, '05, 15:40

I like Hanazawa Rui . I like his character.
w-inds. are ryohei keita and ryuichi

User avatar
Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 340
Joined: Jan 24th, '04, 22:23
Location: ::Jiang Hu::

Post by Calcifer » Nov 5th, '05, 15:54

TragicKingdom wrote:EDIT: I loved Vic Zhou in MG. Eventhough I'm a tsukasa fan, Vic was better than Jerry Yan imo. ^__^
Hear hear! :mrgreen:

shiruchan
Posts: 108
Joined: Oct 23rd, '04, 15:09

Post by shiruchan » Nov 5th, '05, 16:44

Gosh, Naohito as Rui? It´s perfect!!!!!!

Well... OF COURSE, DOUMYOJI TSUKASA!!!!!!
As Kathleen said before... well, she said everything already!!!!
Why do I prefer Doumyoji?Here it is...
Cause he´s agressive outside but inside, he´s sweet and gentle. Cause he does anything for the one he loves, cause he never thought about anyone else the whole manga except for Tsukushi. Cause even knowing Tsukushi had a crush on Rui, he was persistant and tried to do all he could just to win her heart. Cause he did the most adorable and romantic things to prove his love to Tsukushi. And cause he´s damn good-looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And why I do not like Rui? (so much)
Cause he´s too cold, too quiet, and not funny at all. Cause anything he did to help Tsukushi was not a proof of love, I guess it´s more some kind of friendship´s proof. Cause Rui is totally different from Doumyoji. It´s enough.

User avatar
non-angelical
Posts: 368
Joined: Oct 31st, '05, 11:37
Location: paris
Contact:

definetely.

Post by non-angelical » Nov 5th, '05, 16:54

DOUMIYOUJI !!

From the drama on taiwanese version, manga, and now the japanese drama. DOUMIYOUJI all the way!!! :cheers:

I love his strange way to express love. His naive nature, and the fact that no matter how cruel he is, he is so sweet if it's regarding Tsukasa.

User avatar
ryoko293
Posts: 99
Joined: Apr 24th, '05, 10:15
Location: Austria

Post by ryoko293 » Nov 5th, '05, 17:04

yo-chan wrote:Domyouji!!!
I love this.. **** outside, lover inside characters!!
I can only second that ... I've read the manga and I can't really decide ... TAIHEN~ I like calm rui, but also domyouji, fukll of emotions! ...wa~ can't choose :wub:
Jun+Masaki LOVE :wub:
Image Image

User avatar
makino_sanbr
Posts: 219
Joined: Aug 6th, '04, 02:10
Location: Brazil
Contact:

TSUKASA!!!!

Post by makino_sanbr » Nov 5th, '05, 17:23

Tsukasa Doumyoji.... of course...
I just can't say all the things that make me like him in this post...
I like read mangas and watch animes and Dramas...
I like a lot of this different history..
But i like more HYD...
and is all because Doumyoji....
I like him because.. he is different.. He isn't cool and smart or perfect...
He was a lot of bad points...
But truly... he is a kid..
on he is generosity, he is sincerity... he intensity...
I like him because he truly loves someone and can do anything because of this..
everybody said what in Rui isn't god as tsukasa..
I like Rui a lot too... the way he can love so selfless...

But i can't like him more... I can't cheer him for tsukushi..
Because Tsukasa loves so much her.. that hurts in my heart when he is sad.

I cheer for Doumyoji.. I like he push way of doing things... hiding his kindness with his pride...
doing things that make you cry all day
thinking " Where do i get some like him??? "
"why tsukasa is not real?"

fybabe
Posts: 79
Joined: Jun 2nd, '05, 13:14

Post by fybabe » Nov 5th, '05, 17:35

Jun's Domyoji of course!
I'm not the manga or MG fan though I've skimmed through both. I can't help but be influenced by who's playing the roles. jerry's domyoji totally did nothing for me. But Jun brought Domyoji alive. Or rather his depiction of Domyoji is just irresistable and charismatic and interesting and 3 dimensional.
Rui's character is just too boring! both by zaizai and shun. but maybe it's not their fault... Somehow in this hyd, i get really irritated when they put on this rui image with a soft tacky 'prince charming' glow... bleah... ok, mr. tacky silver tuxedo just doesn't strike a chord with me. thank god jun didn't end up with rui's role... zzz...

off topic:
between jun and domyoji (if there's such a guy), i'd go for jun 10000000000%. domyoji is interesting to watch. but i don't suffer idiots, even baka kawaii ones...

Nomanymore
Posts: 1441
Joined: Jan 11th, '05, 21:04
Contact:

Post by Nomanymore » Nov 5th, '05, 17:49

ayayaya , everyone go for jun now , yaaaa , 1 - 2 - 3 sayzzz "Domyojiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii " xD

User avatar
vicvicious
Posts: 36
Joined: May 11th, '05, 14:34
Location: nowhere land

Post by vicvicious » Nov 5th, '05, 17:51

vicvicious: Nao played Rui in HYD movie? who played Tsukasa? *note: look for this movie*
that's right, naohito was rui in movie version, it's about 10 years ago.

Doumyouji was acted by Tanihara Shosuke, Kyuujou sensei in Gokusen 2.
Image

and these are nao as rui
Image
Image

rui and tsukushi
Image

Kuroi_Tsubasa
Posts: 2
Joined: Jul 10th, '05, 15:13

Post by Kuroi_Tsubasa » Nov 5th, '05, 18:00

Tsukasa Doumyouji!! <33333333333333333333 :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
even tho Rui has charm and looks - Tsukasa is gorgeous,sexy sweet, a bad boy at first look but we all know what really inside - a guy that will love you like crazy - i just fell in love with in the anime so i was already in love with him in the dorama (and of course im a fan of MatsuJun <3 :wub: who is perfect for Tsukasa character!).

wachi
Posts: 504
Joined: Mar 7th, '05, 01:06

Post by wachi » Nov 5th, '05, 18:01

so based on the characters right? not the actors? i have never read the manga, so i don't really know what Tsukasa or Rui are like. at first, the quiet and cool one always catches my attention, but in the end, when the arrogant, loud mouth boy turns soft & become all cute & innocent... you just gotta love them. so honestly, i still can't choose, if Rui wasn't play by Shun, i wouldn't have a hard time choosing. i love them both.

User avatar
Kathleen
Posts: 239
Joined: Oct 21st, '05, 22:59

Post by Kathleen » Nov 5th, '05, 18:05

*has fuzzy feelings afer reading makino_sanbr's post* :wub: Totally of your opinion. *sigh* Same goes for what shiruchan wrote.

I can't stop watching
Doumyouji's scream when he beats up random guys at the club. It's so touching and perfectly portrays his lonelyness and despare. Makes me wanna hug him... :-(
ok, mr. tacky silver tuxedo just doesn't strike a chord with me. thank god jun didn't end up with rui's role...
Lol! He's got a new name! Anyways, I'm surprised with myself to say that but: VERY WELL SPOKEN!! There can't be a better actor for Doumyouji's part anyway (again: the scream!! Awwww!!!) so let's all make a happy face and sing a paean! :D
As for the "prince charming glow", I think they tried to make his character a little more interesting and outstanding as they cannot afford to show a deeper view throughout like 10 episodes. I personally like him in the drama, although he's still kind of in my way since I'm always drooling over Doumyoji / Tsukushi scenes. :P
「おまえが違うって言うなら 信じる。 俺はおまえを信じる。」

User avatar
sunmoon
Posts: 219
Joined: Oct 29th, '05, 03:47
Location: New York

Post by sunmoon » Nov 5th, '05, 18:11

agree with wachi!! i luv the rui in the manga just as much as Tsukasa (or maybe just a lil bit less? lol) but if we r votin for the characters in the drama so far, then tsukasa all the way!!!!

User avatar
lilliemarlene
Posts: 4
Joined: Oct 4th, '05, 19:39
Location: Augsburg, Germany

Post by lilliemarlene » Nov 5th, '05, 18:39

i haven't really gotten far with the manga yet and well.. just watched episode 3 of the dorama^^
hum... well i must say I like Rui a bit better than Tsukasa...
I just like introverted characters who don't really show much of their (true?) self to other people, and who are hard to see through. for me personally, it's too easy to guess what Tsukasa's thinking at (almost) any time
uuh i'm too fond of mysterious men ;D
well not that i don't like tsukasa as well but rui is just....................... rui XD'

User avatar
Kathleen
Posts: 239
Joined: Oct 21st, '05, 22:59

Post by Kathleen » Nov 5th, '05, 18:49

Wow, another Hanadan fan from Germany. That's cool. Although you're rooting for Rui. :P
(JK!)

I usually like the mysterious type too (like Hayama from Kodocha if anyone should know the series) but Doumyouji is just so remarkebly simple and straight forward that I can't help but love him. ^^
「おまえが違うって言うなら 信じる。 俺はおまえを信じる。」

Ishis
Posts: 5
Joined: Oct 19th, '05, 00:44
Location: Brazil

Post by Ishis » Nov 5th, '05, 18:54

I always liked Doumyouji better, in the manga i tho Rui was far too boring and when i watched meteor garden i had same impression (even tho i really love ZaiZai) and now on Hana Yori Dango Live i think Rui isnt that boring but Doumyouji still is my favorite, because he is so sttuborn and fight for what he loves and etc etc like u all said before.
So is Doumyouji all the way!!

User avatar
Celestial_Maiden
Posts: 15
Joined: Sep 15th, '04, 22:07
Location: -=Heaven=-
Contact:

Post by Celestial_Maiden » Nov 5th, '05, 21:48

To be honest I like them both. I hated Tsukasa at first but as the story went on I found myself liking him more and more and I prefer him for Tsukushi.
But I like Rui too. He's calm and very honest and that makes it hard for me to choose.

User avatar
musouka
Posts: 44
Joined: Oct 22nd, '05, 22:04

Post by musouka » Nov 6th, '05, 00:13

Tsukasa is one of my favorite manga/anime (and drama now) guys, so of course, I voted for him. His personality quirks are just so endearing, and I love the stubborn but honest type of guy he is.

Rui has some very very cute personality quirks too, such as his deadpan way of saying strange things (which I have a weakness for in fictional characters :heart:), his sleeping habits, and his (complete lack of) driving skills. However, most of those were introduced too late after I became attached to Tsukasa for me to prefer him.

I think the problem was that in making Rui seem too "mysterious"/ almost tragic, he often came across as too boring. I really don't mind the silent type, but they have to be suffiently weird for me to really really love them; there has to be a sort of disconnect from normality that makes the way they play off regular people fun. I guess since Kamio was molding him as a love interest, she didn't want to go too far with that aspect in the beginning.

Whereas, with Tsukasa, there is just something very sweet about a character who sort of...how to put it...makes himself out to be more than he is. He is a great guy in a lot of important respects, but he is not as incredible as he pretends he is, which is why his interactions with Tsukushi are so fun. I'm glad to see that the drama has managed to match that interesting brand of chemistry even with the time limit they have.

User avatar
Kathleen
Posts: 239
Joined: Oct 21st, '05, 22:59

Post by Kathleen » Nov 6th, '05, 00:20

Musouka always spells out what I'm thinking / feeling. :wub:
I also agree to what you wrote about Rui which is why I came to like him only in the latter volumes.
「おまえが違うって言うなら 信じる。 俺はおまえを信じる。」

XxSwtDreamerxX
Posts: 6
Joined: Aug 5th, '05, 03:18

Post by XxSwtDreamerxX » Nov 6th, '05, 00:39

In the anime, I like Tsukasa better.
In the manga, I love both of them.
In the Taiwan series, I liked them both.
In the Jap series, I like Tsukasa better.

User avatar
musouka
Posts: 44
Joined: Oct 22nd, '05, 22:04

Post by musouka » Nov 6th, '05, 00:39

Kathleen wrote:I also agree to what you wrote about Rui which is why I came to like him only in the latter volumes.
I like Rui just fine as long as he stays within friendship parameters. As a love interest, he's sigularly irritating to me, because it's like all the fun stuff about him just gets sucked out with a straw, because he has to be a "serious" love interest.

(manga spoilers)
For example, their first date, which would have been almost as funny as Tsukasa and Tsukushi's first date, was spoiled for me because it came on the heels of being a complete jerk to Tsukasa.

The idea of nearly wrecking a friend's love life over a teddy bear incident at least ten years ago was also kind of disturbing, because it kind of places Tsukushi on the level of an object. And one that is being used for revenge at that.

As badly as Tsukasa acts, I never got the feeling that he'd ever use Tsukushi as a pawn to get at someone else. Therefore any romantic moment Tsukushi and Rui had together was tainted for me, and I just couldn't see why Tsukushi had so much trouble getting over her feelings for him.

Furthermore, I also disliked that Rui ended up falling for her later. It was a needless complication, and while Tsukushi is a nice girl, she's not so wonderful that every guy should be tripping head over heels for her at some point. Plus with the way her feelings kept on boomeranging back to him whenever he so much as smiled at her compounded the problem...

I recently reread the arc where she goes back to New York to get Tsukasa back, and it really annoyed me how easily she gave up on Tsukasa and went back to Rui AGAIN. After all the things he went though for her, she was content to just give up when the going got too tough? How many times has she rejected Tsukasa, and he kept on going because he loved her so much?! It was just...argh...
Whew, sorry to write a novel...

User avatar
makino_sanbr
Posts: 219
Joined: Aug 6th, '04, 02:10
Location: Brazil
Contact:

Post by makino_sanbr » Nov 6th, '05, 01:22

musouka wrote:
Kathleen wrote:I also agree to what you wrote about Rui which is why I came to like him only in the latter volumes.
I like Rui just fine as long as he stays within friendship parameters. As a love interest, he's sigularly irritating to me, because it's like all the fun stuff about him just gets sucked out with a straw, because he has to be a "serious" love interest.

(manga spoilers)
For example, their first date, which would have been almost as funny as Tsukasa and Tsukushi's first date, was spoiled for me because it came on the heels of being a complete jerk to Tsukasa.

The idea of nearly wrecking a friend's love life over a teddy bear incident at least ten years ago was also kind of disturbing, because it kind of places Tsukushi on the level of an object. And one that is being used for revenge at that.

As badly as Tsukasa acts, I never got the feeling that he'd ever use Tsukushi as a pawn to get at someone else. Therefore any romantic moment Tsukushi and Rui had together was tainted for me, and I just couldn't see why Tsukushi had so much trouble getting over her feelings for him.

Furthermore, I also disliked that Rui ended up falling for her later. It was a needless complication, and while Tsukushi is a nice girl, she's not so wonderful that every guy should be tripping head over heels for her at some point. Plus with the way her feelings kept on boomeranging back to him whenever he so much as smiled at her compounded the problem...

I recently reread the arc where she goes back to New York to get Tsukasa back, and it really annoyed me how easily she gave up on Tsukasa and went back to Rui AGAIN. After all the things he went though for her, she was content to just give up when the going got too tough? How many times has she rejected Tsukasa, and he kept on going because he loved her so much?! It was just...argh...
Whew, sorry to write a novel...
I totally agree with you..
"I like Rui just fine as long as he stays within friendship parameters."
The same here...
I think that i wouldn't like so much HYD if Rui was the one who be together with Tsukushi...

cuteangelika
Posts: 239
Joined: Feb 6th, '05, 03:32
Location: New Zealand

Post by cuteangelika » Nov 6th, '05, 01:38

Doumyouji!!! I dont know why we girls are suckers for bad boys who are head over heels in love.. Well, actually, in the Taiwan Drama, I like Rui's character more, Lei-- probably coz of his looks and the handstand scene. I even had his picture on my phone all the time that my fiance then (hubby now) got really jealous.. haha.. But in this dorama, I like Doumyouji more... maybe coz of Jun... Yup, confirms i'm a sucker for pretty boys too.. Not that Rui isnt a pretty boy too but I guess what drove me to like Doumyouji more is the intensity of his stare. From his stare, you'd know how passionate he felt about Tsukushi while Rui wasnt really like that, even to the girl he really loved (forgot her name, the model...)

Doumyouji all the way! Yay!

User avatar
Kathleen
Posts: 239
Joined: Oct 21st, '05, 22:59

Post by Kathleen » Nov 6th, '05, 01:43

musouka wrote: (manga spoilers)
The idea of nearly wrecking a friend's love life over a teddy bear incident at least ten years ago was also kind of disturbing, because it kind of places Tsukushi on the level of an object. And one that is being used for revenge at that.
Aren't you misunderstanding the whole thing about the teddy bear or is it me who doesn't understand your point? ^^; Anyways,
I don't think that Rui kissed Tsukushi for taking revenge on Doumyouji for the teddy bear. As far as I understood his revenge was to let Doumyouji wait until he's about to take off for NY before telling him the truth about him and Tsukushi.
Cheating on his so-called best friend was the wors though.

I recently reread the arc
where she goes back to New York to get Tsukasa back, and it really annoyed me how easily she gave up on Tsukasa and went back to Rui AGAIN. After all the things he went though for her, she was content to just give up when the going got too tough? How many times has she rejected Tsukasa, and he kept on going because he loved her so much?! It was just...argh...
(MAJOR manga spoiler)
I don't see her going back to Rui. I too found it kind of odd how strangely relaxed she was only one day after the incident at Doumyouji's mansion in NY. But as I experienced myself I can be quite happy in times when I feel the worst. Maybe it was some kind of repressing her feelings? I think I know which line in particular you're referring to (when she says something like everyone would be nervous after a man like Rui confessed his love to her) but keep in mind - although she was starring at him, blushing over his compliments and everything which does seem as if she's having a crush on him, she could never completely get Doumyouji out of her mind, plus she even cried when she got a flower from Rui which should have made her happy in fact, that's if she'd really liked him. She eventually decided for Doumyouji at the airport (if I was in her position and I would believe him to have rejected me so coldly just because he felt like it, even after I spent my last penny to follow him, I probably wouldn't ask him to keep his promise, no matter what he had done for me in the past - but then again, I would never be so stupid to believe his story in the first place), and she even told Rui later that she loves only Doumyouji which is the point when she openly decided she won't run away. Also she found out to herself that she would have fallen in love with Doumyouji no matter how early Rui had confessed his feelings. Another example: When Doumyouji and Tsukushi were on Shigeru's boat she was getting angry when Doumyouji wished her the best and said that Rui is probably the one to make her happy (which was the first time he was really being absolutely unselfish). I think she said something like she loves him and if she can't get him she doesn't want Rui either since she's not the kind of woman who needs a man to be happy.
Hence Rui's confession and everything was not only fan service (for the numberous Rui fans) but also another silly plot to raise the tension. But Kamio-sensei luckily revealed plenty of times that Tsukushi loves only Doumyouji no matter what.
I'm currently skimming over the chapters of their first date (at Omotesandou) and their first date after Doumyouji gets back his memory btw. Although I wasn't all too thrilled about the latter volumes.
Whew, sorry to write a novel...
Don't apologize. I enjoy your posts the most. :-)
「おまえが違うって言うなら 信じる。 俺はおまえを信じる。」

User avatar
musouka
Posts: 44
Joined: Oct 22nd, '05, 22:04

Post by musouka » Nov 6th, '05, 01:54

Re: teddy bear:
No, I meant that at least part of his reason for letting things go as far as they did was what Tsukasa did. I know he didn't kiss her on the beach because of the bear, but he certainly didn't go out of his way to explain things to Tsukasa until he was in the airport.

So what I'm trying to say is that while I don't think Rui was completely manipulative during that arc, he did sort of use her and Tsukasa's feelings for her to get back at him for something that happened a long time ago.
Re: New York (major manga spoilers!)
What I meant by "going back to Rui" is that she decided to go back with him instead of stay there and try to get through to Tsukasa. Maybe I was expecting too much, but I wouldn't have taken no for an answer, even if I had to climb into his bedroom in the middle of the night and drag him off to the airport. That could be just me, though... :D

I didn't think she would literally start dating Rui, I just wasn't impressed by her effort, and she did let her old feelings for Rui sway her somewhat.
Sorry that I was confusing.

-

User avatar
Kathleen
Posts: 239
Joined: Oct 21st, '05, 22:59

Post by Kathleen » Nov 6th, '05, 02:31

Okay, I got your point about the teddy bear, and I guess you're right. I never thought of it to be that bad though.

As for the other thing:
I guess Tsukushi is the type who hasn't much self-confidence when it comes to love matters, as she always questioned Doumyouji's true intentions and feelings and was feeling awkward about the social differences most of the time. He's kind of jointly responsible for always telling her things like she's ugly, not feminine and stuff. I really get your point and I too wished her to stay a little longer and to do just something but if it was me... I don't really know. Either I had tried one last talk or (what is most likely if I put myself in her position) I'd leave right away because she really believed him to have given up on her completely. It's kind of hard to say because as I earlier said I wouldn't have believed it was his own free decision to leave in the first place. Doing stuff like pursueing him would only make sense if I wouldn't believe him, right? As for Rui, having a handsome man (moreoever someone who was once the man of one's desire) may be the best medicine during such a time. I was getting curious and skimmed over some pages of the NY arc, too but I can't help but watching at parts when she blushes when seeing Rui smile as plain fan stuff. It absolutely doesn't fit into the storyline as Tsukushi constantly repeats she loves only Doumyouji. (One thing I don't really like about Kamio-sensei is that she always tries to please the majority of readers which often ends up in a total mess just like here.) Sorry for making a digression again, but I think it was similar to that part in Kodocha (hope you read / watched it) when Hayama started to date Fuuka after he believed Sana to be with Naozumi. It was often discussed in various forums and most fans agreed that he never dated her because he loved her but because having another (attractive) person by your side is the best and sometimes even the only thing to ease your pain. Maybe it makes me sound as if I'm a bad or cold hearted person but I really do understand Tsukushi in some strange way feeling attracted to Rui again. For like 2 or 3 days she might have unconciously thought this could be a solution out of her pain. (And I'm saying that although I really hated having Rui in NY to put it bluntly.)
Phew, that was a long one. Sorry, I'm kind of having problems making things short. -_-
「おまえが違うって言うなら 信じる。 俺はおまえを信じる。」

ConfinedChild
Posts: 6
Joined: Nov 7th, '05, 23:44
Location: Virginia

Post by ConfinedChild » Nov 8th, '05, 01:27

I would've liked Rui if not for the scene where he grabs Makino and holds her for awhile before pushing her to the ground (in the anime). "Hey. Do you have a thing for me or something? *grin*" Grrrrr...(to me, he toys with Makino's feelings too much)

I think I'm kinda late into this topic, but I was hoping for a Doumyouji vs Hanazawa topic! My friend's a Rui fan and I support Doumyouji, sooo it's fun discussing it ^^

By the way, did any of you guys watch the second episode of the live action yet? :D

User avatar
Haligh
Posts: 12
Joined: Jul 30th, '05, 08:31

Post by Haligh » Nov 8th, '05, 01:32

Doumyouji. Because bad boys are HOT


Rui because bad boys who are actually sweet are HOT


i love them both <3

User avatar
milleu87
Posts: 493
Joined: Jul 24th, '05, 01:31
Location: nashville,tn

Post by milleu87 » Nov 8th, '05, 01:35

Doumyouji.....well i think that everyone at first fall in love with rui.but as the story goes on you can't help but to like doumyouji more.you love his innonence,the way he looks at makino, the way he tried to express his love but failed miserably each time.omg he is just so cute!!!!

User avatar
Shizuru
Posts: 145
Joined: May 10th, '05, 15:50

Post by Shizuru » Nov 8th, '05, 03:14

milleu87 wrote:Doumyouji.....well i think that everyone at first fall in love with rui.but as the story goes on you can't help but to like doumyouji more.you love his innonence,the way he looks at makino, the way he tried to express his love but failed miserably each time.omg he is just so cute!!!!
Right on, I first fall in love with Rui because he is so sweet and all but after a while Doumyouji just seem so HOT. I dont know why but bad boys turns me on :mrgreen:

finrennix
Posts: 3
Joined: Oct 31st, '05, 08:43

Tsukasa!!!

Post by finrennix » Nov 8th, '05, 03:18

Definitely. At first I was rooting for Rui, but after the story continued you can't help but fall in love with Tsukasa.

User avatar
darkelf19
Posts: 2
Joined: Nov 4th, '05, 01:23
Location: Wisconsin, US
Contact:

Post by darkelf19 » Nov 8th, '05, 03:21

Doumyouji without question. Rui's generally too cold and unclear with his true feelings for my taste. Doumyouji's always straight forward, even painfully so sometimes. ^_^; And he grows on you. I know he started out as an ass but I think he's mroe than made up for it by now.

User avatar
lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 1825
Joined: Oct 19th, '04, 02:22
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by lilswtangel » Nov 8th, '05, 03:27

I'm one of those girls who are attracted to all different types of individuals.

Both have deeming qualities and are attractive in different ways.

Therefore........I have no choice but to choose both of them.

Gomene.........Tsukasa is passionate about love while Rui needs to be loved.

what I chose is the easy way out and yes I'm a coward, but can't I have both?

Now I know how Makino felt throughout the drama, being in love with Rui yet how she couldn't help but be unknowingly attracted to Tsukasa.

Ever since the manga, the Taiwanese F4 version, and now MatsuJun/Shun version, I never could choose between Doumyouji Tsukasa and Hanazawa Rui.

-Indecisiveness has always my been my greatest flaw........ :-(
my blog[/size]

REIRA
Posts: 17
Joined: Nov 7th, '05, 01:05

Post by REIRA » Nov 8th, '05, 03:36

Shizuru wrote: I dont know why but bad boys turns me on :mrgreen:
Just the same for me!! Doumyoji is the best, no way!! He's a bad boy, but sometimes he looks so ingenuous!!
Rui is quite boring..can't stand him.

User avatar
non-angelical
Posts: 368
Joined: Oct 31st, '05, 11:37
Location: paris
Contact:

Post by non-angelical » Nov 8th, '05, 04:56

maybe it's just me. But I didn't fall for Rui until later, when he helped makino through her problems with doumyouji. I love him because he's kinda sweet for helping the person he actually love to be with someone she love.
But in the first few episodes i find it hard to like him because he was so indecissive and (for me, don't kill me all rui's fan!) he didn't look like a man at all.

User avatar
Kallie616
Posts: 20
Joined: Feb 24th, '05, 01:19
Location: NYC

Post by Kallie616 » Nov 8th, '05, 06:45

i use to be a doumyouji fan ...esp in the manga and anime ....but after Meteor Garden and now the new drama ...... i love Lei/Rui ............esp Shun's Rui... he looks so much like him ... his eyes are beautiful his voice is powerful.....i can see why Makino likes him

Rui's not boring he's just different ....quiet guys have a wild side....well at least that what i've experience so thats what i see when i watch or read about that character

madyyan
Posts: 4
Joined: Nov 3rd, '05, 07:21
Location: France

Post by madyyan » Nov 8th, '05, 07:22

TSUKASA POWER !!! :salut: :mrgreen:

User avatar
Jecky
Posts: 425
Joined: Jun 5th, '05, 20:25
Location: California & with my hubby(s)>_<

Post by Jecky » Nov 8th, '05, 07:33

i love both of them so i can't decide.... :wub: i love both of their characters in the manga and in the dramas :wub: so they're both equal to me :P
7=1 Jaebeom oppa come back already~!!!! :cry:

User avatar
x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul 18th, '05, 22:52
Location: Seattle

Post by x_XJules » Nov 8th, '05, 08:24

Rui all the way!!

he's someone that's quiet and secretive. someone that takes awhile to earn their respect and let you in their life. i also have a thing for musicians and he's a violinst (which is the instrument i play too). he's compassionate, intellegent, and understanding. plus he loves sleeping which is one of my favorite things to do.

anyway, i do like both characters and i feel that Doumyouji is better for Makino than rui. So i've always rooted for doumyouji.. i just like rui's personality.

User avatar
Romu1us
Posts: 5
Joined: Oct 23rd, '05, 19:00
Location: california

Post by Romu1us » Nov 8th, '05, 09:04

I THINK MAKINO IS SO CUUTEE, kawaiiiiiii

ja~

zgnoud
Posts: 22
Joined: Oct 23rd, '05, 12:55

Post by zgnoud » Nov 8th, '05, 09:16

^ I second that :). Makino + Sakurako for the win :D

sadotsu
Posts: 131
Joined: Oct 2nd, '05, 09:21
Location: New Zealand

Post by sadotsu » Nov 8th, '05, 09:28

Hm. Domyouji annoys me a lot with his quick temper and spoilt brat-ness. And Rui is such a cliche. But out of the two... I think I'd like Domyouji better. I like guys who aren't afraid to hit girls.

apples
Posts: 322
Joined: Oct 10th, '04, 11:17
Location: usa

Post by apples » Nov 8th, '05, 09:46

I didn't like domyouji in the beginning of the anime.. he was a jerk.. then he became crazy...maybe psychotic that it was scary and freaky. but i had a change of heart ever since he asked makino out at the airport (makino didn't hear it because of the noise from the airplane). the things he would do for makino are just too sweet and considerate.

User avatar
Kathleen
Posts: 239
Joined: Oct 21st, '05, 22:59

Post by Kathleen » Nov 8th, '05, 10:44

What's got Makino to do with the question? Err... anyways, I'm also one of those who liked Doumyouji from the beginning. There are actually a lot of fans who never "fell" for Rui. :P I always thought him to be too cold and boring (yes, sorry to use this word - I know he may not be to you but he sure lives in his own world and sleeps too much for my taste ^^;) and I couldn't see how Tsukushi was always oh so grateful about his help during the time she was bullied whereas she hardly ever mentioned such things as Doumyouji saving her times like 3 or 4 times. -_-

@sadotsu: I don't wanna lecture you or anything but I sure hope this attitude of yours will change soon!
Sure, Doumyouji hit her twice. But he was still more of the bad boy when he first did and the second time he slapped her it was obvious he regretted it the moment he realized what he had done. (He kept starring at his hand for hours.)
In the case you are referring to the scene when he pushed Asai aside, I kind of agree with you though. But this was somewhat different. He was being violent in order to protect the one he likes, so he kind of stood up for someone else.

@REIRA: I completely agree with what you wrote. :D
@x_X_Jules: I really like your answer. Although I'm 100 % for Doumyouji and as much as I love him I've got to admit I really don't think him to be like the perfect man, either. (Although he really does change later on and becomes rather considerate and sensitive for other's feelings. At least a bit.) But he deserves Tsukushi more than anyone simply because he can love her like noone else does. Oh, and just so that you know, even though he's not perfect I wouldn't mind marrying [someone like] him at all. :mrgreen:
@lilswtangel: Lol. You're answer is hilarious! xD
@confinedchild: I seriously disliked the scene you mentioned, too. Gah. So stuck up.
@apples: He's always been sort of a psychopath. I don't think that part of him ever changed throughout the story. But... uh... will you call the police if I tell you that this actually kind of attracts me? ^^;
Oh, and since you mentioned the scene at the airport, didn't you find him kind of cute in the episode when
he waited for Tsukushi for 4 hours in the snow and got sick
?
「おまえが違うって言うなら 信じる。 俺はおまえを信じる。」

User avatar
snoweviolet
Posts: 11
Joined: Apr 28th, '05, 10:06
Location: Twin Cities, MN

Post by snoweviolet » Nov 8th, '05, 12:07

Doumyouji all the way.

I love how once Doumyouji realizes he loves Makino he gives into it completely. No turning back, no second thoughts, she's the only one for him. It doesn't matter what his parents or peers think, that's the way its going to be. Everything about her is so wonderful to him. I don't know how many of you have read the full manga, but one scene that alternately cracked me up, and made me go "Awww" is where Makino is competing in the beauty show and he keeps going on about how she is obviously the best, and even beats up people in the crowd who say otherwise. The way that he loves her and how it makes him a more patient ant thoughtful person is so endearing. Plus I think its really sexy when a guy acts at least a *little* bit jealous. Guys with tempers are hot. :wub:

I do like Rui a lot too, but he is a definite second to Doumyouji. Its attractive in its own way how he became such a close friend to Makino before ever developing feelings for her. You know that when he talks to her or spends time with her its because he wants to, there are no alterior motives. I just think that Makino and him wouldn't make a good match in the long run.

As far as the actors go, I like this new Doumyouji better than the one in Meteor Garden. He has a great range of facial expressions that are so expressive without even words. Where as ZaiZai was so totally hot in Meteor Garden compared to anyone else, how could you not love him? The Rui in this show is ok, but looks SO young compared to the other actors, its like he's a baby next to Shizuka.

User avatar
Kathleen
Posts: 239
Joined: Oct 21st, '05, 22:59

Post by Kathleen » Nov 8th, '05, 12:45

Wow, snowviolet, when I read your post I went like: Waaah! :w00t:
Hehehe. Everything you say is SO true. I agree in all points.
I too think the Teen of Japan story was one of the best, I even voted for it (among a few others) in the "Favourite BBS" on the official Hanadan drama website. Unfortunately there is only one rank left (rank 6) that's not revealed yet, and my guess is it's the scene when Rui holds Tskushi's hand at Shigeru's summer house. :glare:
Regarding Doumyouji's jealousy, frankly spoken I think he often reaches the point of being psychopathic, like when he beats up Junpei (referring to the anime version only) just because he was talking to Tsukushi -_-;;. But all in all I'd rather have an overly jealous Doumyouji than a guy who's never jealous at all.
However, to get back to the previous topic, I also found it very cute how
he comforted her when she was about to give up. I re-read the part so often when he told her she could make it, I stopped counting. Also when he told the F4 and her sister that he has no doubts whatsoever that she will win I was melting away. Of course I also love him in the scenes during the contest. Like the one you've already mentioned (when he gets mad at the guys who call her ugly), or when he says such things as: "She's a genious!" or "Playing with the children like that, she looks like a goddess." *giggle* Aww... He's so cute. :wub:
its like he's a baby next to Shizuka.

Lol. That's what I've been thinking the whole time. [/quote]
Last edited by Kathleen on Nov 8th, '05, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.
「おまえが違うって言うなら 信じる。 俺はおまえを信じる。」

User avatar
non-angelical
Posts: 368
Joined: Oct 31st, '05, 11:37
Location: paris
Contact:

Post by non-angelical » Nov 8th, '05, 12:51

I think it's not that shun, who played Rui, looks too young. But it seems like the one who played Shizuka is the one who looks too old. Because compared to the other member of F4, Rui is ok. But for someone who's supposed to be only 2 years older, Shizuka looks far too old compared to the boys.

User avatar
Kathleen
Posts: 239
Joined: Oct 21st, '05, 22:59

Post by Kathleen » Nov 8th, '05, 13:01

non-angelical wrote:I think it's not that shun, who played Rui, looks too young. But it seems like the one who played Shizuka is the one who looks too old. Because compared to the other member of F4, Rui is ok. But for someone who's supposed to be only 2 years older, Shizuka looks far too old compared to the boys.
Hm... I checked on her age and you're right. She's 28! I thought she looks kind of old from the beginning but I had no idea just how old she is.
If anyone looks too young and kind of childish it's (don't hit me) Jun. I love his acting and everything but he looks really immature compared to the other F4 members. I was mostly surprised with Tsuyoshi / Mimasaka Akira as he's only 23. He looks about 10 years older. :|
「おまえが違うって言うなら 信じる。 俺はおまえを信じる。」

shiruchan
Posts: 108
Joined: Oct 23rd, '04, 15:09

Post by shiruchan » Nov 9th, '05, 01:50

Kathleen wrote: Hm... I checked on her age and you're right. She's 28! I thought she looks kind of old from the beginning but I had no idea just how old she is.
If anyone looks too young and kind of childish it's (don't hit me) Jun. I love his acting and everything but he looks really immature compared to the other F4 members. I was mostly surprised with Tsuyoshi / Mimasaka Akira as he's only 23. He looks about 10 years older. :|
Oh, yes, I think the odd one is Shizuka, she seems too old to be just 19!!! Or 20... I don´t know... She seems to be 25, 26 years old...

And I agree with you, Kathleen, the one who seems too childish is Jun. For a 17 years old guy, he may look mature, but as for a 22 years guy, he seems to be a kid yet.
But watching his interviews, I found Jun looks mature. At least, he SEEMS to be! :lol

User avatar
x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul 18th, '05, 22:52
Location: Seattle

Post by x_XJules » Nov 9th, '05, 01:58

shiruchan wrote: For a 17 years old guy, he may look mature, but as for a 22 years guy, he seems to be a kid yet.
He's only 17?!?!?!?!

sadotsu
Posts: 131
Joined: Oct 2nd, '05, 09:21
Location: New Zealand

Post by sadotsu » Nov 9th, '05, 05:10

Kathleen: I don't mean hitting her on an impulse. I mean hitting people when they've really pissed him off and it doesn't matter to him whether they're a guy or a girl. When guys refuse to have even fights with me it annoys me because they look down on me when they refuse to use their strength.

donna8157
Posts: 390
Joined: Feb 11th, '04, 19:38
Location: USA

Post by donna8157 » Nov 9th, '05, 05:24

sadotsu wrote:I like guys who aren't afraid to hit girls.
That just sounds wrong on so many levels.

For Makino, Doumyouji suits her .. but as for me, I like Hanazawa Rui (Manga version and both Taiwanese and Japanese versions) :-)

User avatar
x_XJules
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 802
Joined: Jul 18th, '05, 22:52
Location: Seattle

Post by x_XJules » Nov 9th, '05, 05:28

donna8157 wrote:
sadotsu wrote:I like guys who aren't afraid to hit girls.
That just sounds wrong on so many levels.
that statement is really easy to take out of context, but i think i understand what she means. it's hard to explain in a way that won't sound bad, i know she doesn't mean a guy who beats some helpless girl. more or less a guy who treats a girl equally..

strawberrynkiwi
Posts: 106
Joined: Mar 19th, '05, 14:35

Post by strawberrynkiwi » Nov 9th, '05, 05:56

DOUMYOUJI TSUKASA!!!!!!!
i have never read the manga or watch the MG or watch anime version. so im really bais b/c im all based on the japanese version one. after seeing jun in gokusen i felt in love wif him as an actor. he is amazing too!! and when i watched HYD i thought he looks bad but his acting was so real and natural, that i felt for him all over again... meanwhile i did find rui's character really dull. and i perfer oguri shun's character as uchi in gokusen a lot more... and the thing is.. im attracted to "quiet & cooler" characters more usually... like sawada shin (jun's character) in gokusen more... but rui... i dunno i thought i wud like him more... but he just didn't act as cool... but maybe cause im comparing jun and shun too much... or im too obsess with jun at the moment *sigh*

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests