Japanese Music Recommendations

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
gtxcyborg

Post by gtxcyborg » Mar 12th, '06, 14:31

do u guys know where to dload H2 OST songs...i want K-over full song....any suggestion where to dload...thanks ..!

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Mar 12th, '06, 15:55

gtxcyborg wrote:do u guys know where to dload H2 OST songs...i want K-over full song....any suggestion where to dload...thanks ..!
I think I saw it on http://jpop.bww2.com yesterday but it seems broken at the moment.. you could try http://asianosts.cjb.net/index.php? and the [url=http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=52975]links of interest[/url]

Daisukimaru

Post by Daisukimaru » Apr 5th, '06, 17:05

yui makino-amurita the best song you can ever hear x] according to me

if anyone wants it you can pm me and ill tell you how you can download it

kimuman

Post by kimuman » Apr 5th, '06, 19:15

SUPERCAR
If you watch PING PONG, their music "Yumegiwa Last Boy" and "STROBOLIGHTS" from their album HIGHVISION are selected to be its OST.

If you are interested in trying their music, go login [url]http://www.gmail.com[/url]
LOGIN: kimubox
PASSWORD: logmein

Then search for the mail with the subject SUPERCAR (sample) --
Then forward it to your mailbox, or download directly as you wish

kimuman

Post by kimuman » Apr 5th, '06, 19:35

gtxcyborg wrote:do u guys know where to dload H2 OST songs...i want K-over full song....any suggestion where to dload...thanks ..!
I have the whole album.
If you want, I shall send them to the following mailbox.
What you have to do is just go to [url]http://www.gmail.com[/url]
USERNAME: kimubox

And yes look for OST H2
download them directly, or forward to your mailbox

gtxcyborg

Post by gtxcyborg » Apr 6th, '06, 12:39

kimuman wrote:
I have the whole album.
If you want, I shall send them to the following mailbox.
What you have to do is just go to [url]http://www.gmail.com[/url]
USERNAME: kimubox

And yes look for OST H2
download them directly, or forward to your mailbox

dude i cannot log in but the passowrd is wrong....any solutions

Lowest

Post by Lowest » Apr 6th, '06, 13:55

Works for me, kimuman thanks for SUPERCAR :thumright:

kimuman

Post by kimuman » Apr 6th, '06, 17:54

Lowest wrote:Works for me, kimuman thanks for SUPERCAR :thumright:
SUPERCAR is real great. Unfortunately, now the band collapses.
If you listen to their album since their first album, you will see their development.
Hope you like them

NOTE: I suppose that only one person can login per once. Therefore sometimes if another person is still logging in, others might not be able to log in. Try again later. I shall not erase these so that you can get them whenever you want.

NEXT ALBUM(s) I shall upload is my NANA soundtrack, Love for Nana - Tribute, and Punk Night for Nana..

kimuman

Post by kimuman » Apr 6th, '06, 18:53

Lowest wrote:Works for me, kimuman thanks for SUPERCAR :thumright:
I am adding other two tracks of SUPERCAR included in PING PONG SOUNDTRACK
One is called FREE YOUR SOUL,
another is called STROBOLIGHTS (realy cute melody)

Try them when you wish :salut:

jalapeno

Post by jalapeno » Apr 11th, '06, 05:29

i have two groups of jpop artists i listen to:

1) idol group (not exactly for their voices but more of looks or upbeat songs, heh)
2) talent group (meaning they've got talent!!)

1st group/idol group
- arashi
- w-inds (but because keita has a really good voice i guess it's 50-50!)
- utada hikaru
- nakashima mika
- BoA
- m-flo
- kat-tun
- news

2nd group/talent group
- misia (i have nothing but praises for her! she's one of my top female jpop artists!)
- K (he sings ballads like no one!!! and to be honest i never listen to K-artists but since he's an exception as he has a japanese album)
- gospellers (heck, they can give SMAP a run for their money)
- remioromen (i love konayuki!!)
- crystal kay (if you're into jr&b)
- chemistry (oh the harmonious voices!)
- chage & aska (say yes!)

hope this helps!

yamiazn

Post by yamiazn » Apr 11th, '06, 06:25

following are my personal favorites:
M-flo: Let Go, I am Da 1, Dopaman?. So exclusive, taste your stuff, One Day, Miss You. My favorite jrap/jpop group Taku a genius verbal lyrically perfected. Also in love with their clothing label Bathing Ape

Ayumi Hamasaki: Heaven, M, (miss)understood, Is this love? etc. Used to be one of my fav. reason for me to get into japanese culture

BoA Kwon: Moto, Kiseki, Love Bug, Girl On Top, My name, Amazing Kiss. Etc. One of my current favorite I love the theme to her girl on top album but her new singles are weak.

Koda Kumi: Inconcistent singer I only like Butterfly and Cutie Honey.

Utada Hikaru: Jpop legend, I love most of her songs, Final Distance was great, travelling had a nice catchy beat to it, Hikari is just classic, Colors was also great, basically I do not have a song I hate from her, this is why she is multi platinum selling artists

Soul'd Out: Kinda Good group similar to M-flo

Dragon Ash: Mix between Jrock and Jrap nice group

that about it hope that helps

Hello!Project
Location: Where your darkest secrets and deepest desires lie.

Post by Hello!Project » Apr 15th, '06, 16:40

Well I`m going to recommend some j-urban/r&b:
Kato Miliyah-
official site: www.miliyah.com / www.mili-web.com
fansite & forum: www.miliyah.net / www.miliyah.net/forums

gtxcyborg

Post by gtxcyborg » Apr 17th, '06, 14:45

hey guys, can help me...where to dload: Song Name: Katachi Aru Mono かたちあるもの,Artiste(s): Shibasaki Kou 柴咲コウ,Drama Title: Sekai no chuushin de, ai wo sakebu
世界の中心で、愛をさけぶ

puppydogjoey

Post by puppydogjoey » Apr 22nd, '06, 09:51

kusmog wrote:oh yeah... melody speaks perfect English too... I think she's from Hawaii. speaking of blogs, she also has a blog that's written in english, then re-written in japanese below the English. Verbal of m-flo has a blog too. You can comment on both their blogs... Give em a shout out in English and they'll get the message loud and clear.
Would you happen to still have the link to Verbal's blog? >.< I really want to give him a comment~ He's amazing :lol

lolitaprincess

Post by lolitaprincess » Apr 23rd, '06, 19:51

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Hoover's Ooover

It's kind of a rocky/pop indies band and they have a song called Collection where the singer sings so fast that even my Japanese friends don't understand what she's saying :P

JC

Post by JC » Apr 27th, '06, 20:59

I agree wid ya yamiazn on Kumi Koda. She is very inconsistent. When she does get it right, BOY does she. But the majority of her stuff is so-so. I tend to like her more R&B tracks. My fave songs from her are: Hands, Promise, Rock your body and the track she did with Soulhead D.D.D (HOT video as well! 8) )

As for Hikaru, da girl can do no wrong in my eyes. She doesn't have ONE single song I flat out hate! I personally think that her weakest tracks were those on Exodus - and even those weren't awful. Exodus '04 and Let me give you my love were stand-out highlights because they seemed the kinda tracks she woulda done for a Japanese language record (and I just love Timbaland! :P ) I'm really looking forward to hearing her new ULTRA BLUE album when it comes out - It's just a shame half of it's already been released as singles! It featuers all the singles she's released from COLORS onwards. :-( (Why do they do that so much with Japanese albums! :scratch: )

Another J-Pop artist I love is Namie Amuro. The girl does R&B better than most artists in the US!!! :lol I think she's really cool and she's cute too. There's something about the lack of smiling and the cool demeanour I like. :P

sp0rsk

Post by sp0rsk » Jun 5th, '06, 11:58

This is probably a long shot but ive been scouring limewire for 恋する女はキレイさぁ by go hiromi. every time i watch waratte iitomo and they have the look alikes segment the song stays in my head all day.

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 5th, '06, 21:28

I think Olivia's interpatation of Reira in that new song (In the Pain its called i think) is pretty awesome. i reccomend.
Please visit my homepage! :w00t: [url=http://nikochanr3.blogspot.com/[/url]

AIM me at Nikochanr3 if you like. I''''m bored.

LoveForNana

Post by LoveForNana » Jun 5th, '06, 23:36

Aireedhelien wrote:d'espairs ray
janne da arc
gackt
miyavi
nightmare
hide
hyde
baroque
pierrot
malice mizer
penicillin

it's all jrock... maybe except gackt. janne da arc and baroque are not so hard rock either.
I was gonna say all those haha, Miyavi rocks!
and Gazette???? does anyone like Gazette??? they rock!

you should listen to "Reila" it's a beautiful song ^^

keita1314

Post by keita1314 » Jun 6th, '06, 03:47

Vision Factory:
Da Pump
w-inds.
Lead

Avex:
Amuro Nami
BoA
Ostuka Ai
Ayumi Hamasaki
SweetS
Koda Kumi

Johnny Jr:
NewS
KAT-TUN... and more.

Others:
Utada Hikaru, Ayaka, Sayaka, Aya Matsuura (okey), Gackt, Hyde, Takki&Tsubasa, and more......

s.taka

Post by s.taka » Jun 6th, '06, 03:56

SMAP!

theresalynne

Post by theresalynne » Jun 6th, '06, 04:32

nikochanr3 wrote:I think Olivia's interpatation of Reira in that new song (In the Pain its called i think) is pretty awesome. i reccomend.
It's called "A Little Pain" and I absolutely agree with Nikochanr3. I recommend it as well. You can download the PV from [url]http://www.nana-nana.net[/url] just to have a listen to it.

You can also download Anna's song "Rose" PV, too. That's a really good song, too. Catchy. 8)

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Jun 6th, '06, 04:52

W-INDS!!
PIERROT!!
ELLEGARDEN!!
AI OTSUKA!!
G-GRIP!!
AYUMI HAMASAKI!!
YUNA ITO!!
YUI!!
SOWELU!!
SHIMOKAWA MIKUNI!!
SAKAMOTO MAAYA!!
KOKIA!!
ORANGE RANGE!!
HITOMI SHIMATANI!!
CHANGIN' MY LIFE!

cgozun

Post by cgozun » Jun 6th, '06, 05:15

Here are some more Jrock I believe weren't mentioned. I haven't been into Jrock in a long time. I don't even know if any of these are still active.

Hysteric Blue
Field of View
D+Shade
Baiser
La'cryma Christi
Laputa
Stella Maria
TM Revolution
Raphael

Looking at some of those Jpop bands brought back some memories. Anybody here remember Black Biscuits? They are so goofy especially timing mvideo. You can find two of their vids on youtube. After almost a decade, watching those videos again cracked me up.
I will be moving to Pomona California mid July. Anybody kind enough to tell me of Asian restaurants around that area (OC/LAC) please drop me a line.

s.taka

Post by s.taka » Jun 7th, '06, 01:25

Best ones as of 2006 June 6: SMAP, Sowelu, Koda Kumi, B'z, misono, Nanamujika, Aiuchi Rina, UVERworld, W-inds, Otsuka Ai, Ayuse Kozue, hitomi etc.

jieshi

Post by jieshi » Jun 8th, '06, 00:30

If you haven't heard "suki mai su ichi" then check them out!! They are an acoustic pop rock style group (2 guys) and one of them has the fattest fro you have ever seen! Really good music too btw.

nix_renji

Post by nix_renji » Jun 8th, '06, 14:18

Give 'Koda Kumi - You' if u're going 4 ballad. It's totally beau :thumright:

Kayiaxo

Post by Kayiaxo » Jun 9th, '06, 10:24

I like quite some Jpop but the only one that made me search for the video clips is Ayumi Hamasaki.

My fav song of her is "dearest", a song she did for the Inuyasha anime if I recall correctly.
Anyway I also like:
- Morning Musume
- Def. Diva
- Dream
- Otsuka Ai
- Misono
- Hitomi (I am Innocence)
Yo

info07

Post by info07 » Jun 19th, '06, 14:51

i like:

Otsuka Ai
Ueto Aya
Kobukoro
Bump of Chicken
Kat-tun
Arashii
SMAP
Orang Range
Soulhead

Psychotic_X

Post by Psychotic_X » Jun 19th, '06, 15:27

koda kumi all the wayy!! her songs are awesome.. if you're not sure which songs i might suggest the best ~first things~ album... every single she released until sept 05 and contains different genres... and if you want more?! best ~second sessions~ is another good album... and then if you really like hwat you hear then you can download other albums such as affection, grow into one, secret & feel my mind..

but if you're just testing the waters, definately try her best ~first things~ its got something for everyone

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jun 21st, '06, 17:33

cgozun wrote:Here are some more Jrock I believe weren't mentioned. I haven't been into Jrock in a long time. I don't even know if any of these are still active.

Hysteric Blue
Field of View
D+Shade
Baiser
La'cryma Christi
Laputa
Stella Maria
TM Revolution
Raphael

Looking at some of those Jpop bands brought back some memories. Anybody here remember Black Biscuits? They are so goofy especially timing mvideo. You can find two of their vids on youtube. After almost a decade, watching those videos again cracked me up.
was black biscuits the original group, or the vivian hsu led enemy group competing with them? :whistling: Just the fact that a sentence like that can be typed makes me love J-Pop.

ohmymace

Post by ohmymace » Jun 23rd, '06, 06:40

yamiazn wrote:following are my personal favorites:
M-flo: Let Go, I am Da 1, Dopaman?. So exclusive, taste your stuff, One Day, Miss You. My favorite jrap/jpop group Taku a genius verbal lyrically perfected. Also in love with their clothing label Bathing Ape
i love m-flo!
Let Go is such a good song.. def one of my favorites. Miss You w Melody is really good too! such a good beat haha. any suggestions for good melody songs?

TaintedWisdom

Post by TaintedWisdom » Jul 1st, '06, 23:36

Back in the days I was into the J pop stuff, ayumi, and hikki etc. but I guess i grew out of it.

During the last few months something about l'arc~en~ciel is more appealing (not in a homo way hehe) I always thought(plus I listened to some of their stuff before) as a band who just played like rock but after hearing Jojoushi, and Cape Of storms I freaking love it.

I wonder, anyone knows something similar to these songs by laruku? or by another famous band etc.

Kakihara

Post by Kakihara » Jul 10th, '06, 15:09

Reiko Ike
Kawabata Makoto
Acid Mothers Temple
Siam Shade
Hosokawa Takashi
Afrirampo

the_spin0ff

Post by the_spin0ff » Jul 16th, '06, 05:38

Some Artists/Bands I recommend are:

Chemistry (my favorite)
L'Arc~en~Ciel
Ken Hirai
Mika Nakashima

Sharpneru

Post by Sharpneru » Jul 16th, '06, 05:48

Woo........

All the doujin music own. They are usually released during Comiket.

Now to the artists.

(B)APE SOUND
Nujabes
shing02
UVERworld
DJ SHARPNEL
DJ Yousuke
Blasterhead
Yuki Kajiura & all of FictionJunction
yozuca* & Rino // CooRie
HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR
Utada Hikaru's Piano & Music Collections
YURIA
A BONE
LiTTLE WING
Key Sounds Label

and A LOT MORE, that I just don't listen to anymore. BUt my most favorite.

ALL OF I'VE SOUND. (especially KOTOKO) yeaaaaaaaaaa i have like over 70gb worth of it.

kusmog

Post by kusmog » Jul 16th, '06, 06:25

for j-hip hop I like: キングギドラ (King Giddra) [and basically any solo works from their members: K Dub Shine, ZEEBRA, and DJ Oasis]

If you're into the rap white ppl usually like (no offense intended), like Eminem or Beastie Boys, check out Soul'd Out, Verbal from m-flo's solo works, Rip Slyme, Kick the Can Crew, and Teriyaki Boyz.... it's a stretch but maybe even Homemade Kazoku and ORANGE RANGE too

r&b: 加藤ミリヤ (Katou Miliyah) - straight r&b singer with a voice similar to Utada Hikaru's... she even sings over old-school j-rap beats like Buddha Brand's Ningen Hatsdensho and ECD's Lonely Girl

jpop: Koda Kumi (uses hip hop elements often; perhaps reminiscent of Christina Aguilera), 大塚愛(usually peppy, happy-sounding songs o_O;; lots of weird songs about foods, they sound good although some sound real childish), BoA (her korean songs are better in my opinion though); SMAP, Morning Musume and Hamasaki Ayumi have been consistent Japan-fan-friendly artists/chart-toppers, although I personally don't listen to them often.

other notables:
松たか子 (Matsu Takako) - her songs sound... easy-listening and/or old-school 90s jpop-ish
中島美嘉 (Nakashima Mika) - soul r&b sounding. *not* Alicia Keys-sounding but her voice is kinda unique. hard to explain >_<
m-flo - this group is a tale of two styles. Their evolution somewhat reminds me of Outkast. Their first two albums were hip-hop sounding with a signature "intergalactic" sound. Their lastest two albums are very experimental with less emphasis on lyrics or flow, more on presentation and sound.
UVERworld - up and coming jrock band... their sound is quite American to me... kinda like how Asian Kung Fu Generation sounded somehwat American to me... but they're both different sounding. Listen to one song of theirs like Rush or Chance and decide yourself.
move - eurobeat/techno-beats meets rap... most notably recognized for their Initial D anime theme songs.

but for j-rap and r&b, King Giddra (and solo efforts from K Dub Shine and Zeebra, especially) and Miliyah Kato top my recommendations

I'd be willing to upload some songs to ppl interested in hearing King Giddra (K Dub, Zeebra)'s stuffs, Matsu Takako, or anything from Nakashima Mika's first album to spread the love... lol... the rest of the artists got enough fans... haha

Riia

Post by Riia » Jul 16th, '06, 22:01

I dont think I saw anybody mention them but I higly recomend An cafe
[img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4113/beachinfullew4.png[/img]
[img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4999/pbou1xe9.jpg[/img][img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2206/pkanon1dt6.jpg[/img][img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/451/pmiku1uk3.jpg[/img][img]http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/5785/pteruki1po7.jpg[/img]
They are adorable and their music is so happy and fun~

You can download their full discography here:
http://community.livejournal.com/baibaikitty/5547.html

Oh and here's their OHP:: http://www.ancafe-web.com/

ENJOY ^^

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Jul 18th, '06, 04:02

I like the group Flow.
Those who watch Naruto would know their songs have been used for some of the opening theme songs.

I don't know if D-addicts has a thread where you can ask for some music upload request.....but if anyone has the MP3 version of Life is Beautiful by Flow, could he/she upload the song and PM me the link.

Much thanks :mrgreen:
ImageAya Kawaii :wub:

Miyaguchi

Post by Miyaguchi » Jul 18th, '06, 10:30

I like slowly songs: ballad, guitar songs, instrumental.

I admire Akira Yamaoka ( master ); Yui ( unrielable playing on guitar) Tomiko Van ( especially when she was in Do as Infinity ) Susumu Ueda ( OST from Ichi Rittoru no namida) Remioromen ( really good voice )
...and many other who I forget now :P

Neji-sama

Post by Neji-sama » Jul 18th, '06, 11:08

I cba checking the whole thread so;

does anyone know any good Japanese rap/r&b groups?

Miyaguchi

Post by Miyaguchi » Jul 18th, '06, 13:12

dxtr wrote:I cba checking the whole thread so;

Maybe King Gidora - one of the first rap groups in Japan. I dont like rap and r&b so I dont help Ya but i think King Gidora can be classic ( one of first groups )...Try them

nikochanr3

Post by nikochanr3 » Jul 18th, '06, 13:18

Dragon Ash - Viva La Revolution. Try that.

seryeplease

Post by seryeplease » Jul 18th, '06, 13:35

i am currently listening to orange range... this is probably too late but yeah, highly recommended....

oh and i really loved the song on h2 live action.... very.

i usually don't know who the artist is so..... yeah hehehehe not much to say here ;p
no siggie for the time beeing...
(but it might continue to forever depending on my mood)
whew, sigh~

tsuki2

Post by tsuki2 » Jul 18th, '06, 13:55

For R&B you may wanna try DOUBLE, she was/is considered the queen of J-R&B. There's also Asami, ARIA, Crystal Kay is also a classic (even though it is more poppish).
There are also Emyli and YOSHIKA who did the collabs with m-flo...

If you're looking for male R&B singers, the only ones I know are Toshinori Yonekura, HI-D, Ryohei and F.O.H (Full of Harmony).

I also highly recommend Jamosa, with her soft and deep voice, she has a lot of bluesy compositions.

Miyaguchi

Post by Miyaguchi » Jul 18th, '06, 14:09

seryeplease wrote:i am currently listening to orange range... this is probably too late but yeah, highly recommended....
Orange range - good position...but is it Rap ? hmm ok whatever..i like "hana" so much. It was first song which I know lyrics :mrgreen:
But "Shangai Dreams" or "heyheyhey" - ble not for me :goggle:

miaangelis

Post by miaangelis » Jul 18th, '06, 14:13

:dance:

namie amuro
kat-tun
gackt
uverworld

and then there's korean pop stars who have made japanese albums...

:wub: bi (rain oppa) real name jung ji hoon
and cutie se7en :P
Attachments
Kamenashi Kazuya3.jpg
kamechan! :)
Kamenashi Kazuya3.jpg (31.21 KiB) Viewed 12744 times
0411_boao_jp.jpg
rain oppa
0411_boao_jp.jpg (66.43 KiB) Viewed 12744 times

seryeplease

Post by seryeplease » Jul 18th, '06, 16:10

Miyaguchi wrote:Orange range - good position...but is it Rap ? hmm ok whatever..i like "hana" so much. It was first song which I know lyrics :mrgreen:
But "Shangai Dreams" or "heyheyhey" - ble not for me :goggle:
as to their genre, i dont really know hehehe... i first heard them singing asterisk (bleach), then my bestfriend asked me to listen to shanghai honey (loved it, hehehe) and then she told me that they were the ones who actually sang viva rock from naruto but the song that actually made me download everything they have is hana ;p.... and their songs are good..... yeah! kirikirimai kirikirimai kirikirimai kirikirimaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~~~~~
no siggie for the time beeing...
(but it might continue to forever depending on my mood)
whew, sigh~

K.T.Tran

Post by K.T.Tran » Jul 24th, '06, 20:36

I like the group Dream.

If anyone has seen Hikaru no Go, then they've heard the song Get Over which was one of the opening songs which was done by Dream.

Though they are now a group of 7 girls, their music is still good :mrgreen:
I like their songs Holy Love, Pure, and I love Dream World :mrgreen:
ImageAya Kawaii :wub:

atsuko fujitsu

Post by atsuko fujitsu » Aug 16th, '06, 23:04

..holy crap!!!!! NO ONE MENTIONED DIR EN GREY , THEY ARE THE BEST IN JROCK, YOULL NEVER HEAR ANYONE LIKE KYO, THEY JUST DID A HUGE TOUR ACROSS THE WORLD..VIDOLL IS A GOOD JROCK BAND AS WELL, AYABIE, DUEL JEWEL........IF YOU WANT JPOP I SUGGEST KODA KUMI, MIKA NAKASHIMA, NAMI TAMAKI, ZONE, I WISH, K, BOA, RIE FU, HIGH AND MIGHTY COLOUR, DEPAPE...thats I can think of for now....they are all good but ZOINE and I WISH are very hard to find...could anyone help me with that?

atsuko fujitsu

Post by atsuko fujitsu » Aug 16th, '06, 23:06

OH WAIT I FORGOT , TOHOSHINKI, THEY ARE FROM KOREA BUT RECENTLY RELEASED A JAPANESE ALBUM ^^ YEAY

guccijana

Post by guccijana » Aug 16th, '06, 23:11

se7ven is pretty good, i love almost all of his songs!!! :mrgreen:

edit

upsiiii thats hes korean hihihi

-*-*I destroy my enemy when I make him my friend*-*-

sLaVe4Rain

Post by sLaVe4Rain » Aug 20th, '06, 15:20

Music is what started my love for Japanese and Korean entertainment, so I definitly have lots of recomendations!

JPop
-Morning Musume
-Melon Kinenbi
-Gotou (or Goto) Maki
-Matsuura Aya
-BoA
-Se7en
-ZONE (a band, but they do JPopRock)

JRock/Jmetal
-Gazette
-Larc en Ceil
-Gackt
-High and Mighty Color
-Miyavi
-Kamiki Aya

Jballads/Other
-Utada Hikaru
-Ayumi Hamasaki
-Heartsdale
-M-Flo
-AAA

:thumright:
-sLaVe4Rain

Aestas

Post by Aestas » Aug 21st, '06, 16:02

i was wondering if anyone knew clubboxes with Jpop music videos and performances? i know jpopsuki tracker for torrents but its tough when there aren't any seeders for past stuff.

i love ...
BoA
Ito Yuna - only her new song Losin'
Gackt
a few Namie Amuro songs
Tamaki Nami
can't think of any other ones off the top of my head...

rikki

Post by rikki » Aug 27th, '06, 11:07

Some good J-Pop / J-Rock bands are:

HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR (Dive into Yourself is quite good)
Psycho le Cemu (Cosplaying band which rock! Too bad they are on hiatus)
Utada Hikaru (Her album ULTRA BLUE rocks! No one bad song on it~)
BoA (On everybody's love list)
Ryohei (Only have THE LIGHT ablum, but its quite good)
Hamasaki Ayumi (On everybody's love list x 2)

I tried to get into Dir en Grey...but their music was ~not to my liking~

docipain

Post by docipain » Sep 5th, '06, 01:27

Oooh jesus...there is so much good J-Music out there. X____X"

But recommandations are always difficult because there different music tastes.
I just can say what i really like >D

When it comes to Jrock or Visual Kei i I listen too much stuff nobody knows..so i think I will mention more famous bands xD I really enjoy listen to:
- MUCC (their music is really wuuuuuuh~ XD)
- DIr en grey (recently they became too hard i think but it's good stuff to rock..so try them out if you didn't do yet! XD)
- L'arc en ciel (Although I think they should be classified in the Jpop genre they have really nice songs to get in a good mood...)

Well the rest I am listening to is more unknown but One band I have to mention because they are my favourite one: KRA !!!!! X3~ They make really funny enjoyable music >_____<

hmm other bands i could recommand: Buck-Tick, Mr.Children. B'z ...yes .. but .i don't listen to them xD
when it comes to Jpop you can't make something wrong when listening to bands form Johnnys Entertainment or Morning Musume...
female favourite single: Ai Otsuka >D

favourite male singer: Kouji Wada!!!!! (He's not good looking but he has a fantastic beautiful voice :wub: ...hmm he's in general just famous for his digimon songs <3)
other singers i enjoy:
Ryohei Yamamoto, Shunsuke Kiyokiba
(an Ex-singer from EXILE) and Ohta Michihiko (also famous for the digimon songs xD)

Really good Eurobeat Band AAA
:whistling:
Join Ryo Watch! Uchi is stalking there as well! ;D

the_spin0ff

Post by the_spin0ff » Oct 5th, '06, 05:21

does anyone know where I can download jpop music videos? I'm looking for the music video "Pieces of a Dream" by Chemistry. If anyone has it by any chance, can you send it to me? If not, then can you guys recommend me a a place to download it?

thanks

imaretard

Post by imaretard » Oct 8th, '06, 02:40

sLaVe4Rain wrote:Music is what started my love for Japanese and Korean entertainment, so I definitly have lots of recomendations!

JPop
-Morning Musume
-Melon Kinenbi
-Gotou (or Goto) Maki
-Matsuura Aya
-BoA
-Se7en
-ZONE (a band, but they do JPopRock)

JRock/Jmetal
-Gazette
-Larc en Ceil
-Gackt
-High and Mighty Color
-Miyavi
-Kamiki Aya

Jballads/Other
-Utada Hikaru
-Ayumi Hamasaki
-Heartsdale
-M-Flo
-AAA

:thumright:
-sLaVe4Rain
ha..!we are quite the same..in music.. :cheers:

imaretard

Post by imaretard » Oct 8th, '06, 02:46

ah..i listen to :
shiina ringo&tokyo jihen
miyavi
olivia
anna tsuchiya
mika nakashima
BoA
namie amuro
ayumi hamasaki
DAI
AKFG
FLOW
dir en grey
little by little
TiA
tommy febuary6
x japan
BI
jay chou
cool joke
whiteberry
terriyaki boyz
koda kumi
utada hikaru
yuna ito

...i forgot some of my first favorite bands..

:scratch:
ja ne! :salut:

Tai Dinh

Post by Tai Dinh » Oct 8th, '06, 03:00

These are my favorite and they're mostly Jpop/rock

Under17
Hitomi Yaida
Asian Kung-fu Generation
Dragon Ash (Recommanded "Battle Royale" ending song. Dragon Ash - Shizuka na Hibi no Kaidan wo)
Ai Otsuka
Kotoko
Love Hina OST :D
DNA
Chemistry
M-Flo
Utada Hikaru
Noto Mamiko - Spring, Summer, Fall
Orange Range
Bonnie Pink
Liv - Fly and Liv - Try ("Fly" is the ending song for the game Chaos Legion)
Minawo
Okina Reika
Mami Kawada
FLOW
UVERworld
Puffy AmiYumi
Rie Fu
ZONE
The Pillows
Morning Musume
Larc~en~Ceil
Gackt

There's more. But, that's all i can remember from the top of my head.

azn-angelz-demons

Post by azn-angelz-demons » Oct 9th, '06, 11:21

favs are:

KAT-TUN
NEWS
SMAP
Kumi Koda
BoA
Otsuka Ai
T.M Revolution
HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR
Yuna Ito
Arashi
Ayumi Hamasaki
Nami Tamaki
RUI
Utada Hikaru
Rie Fu
Aka
Gackt
se7en

[sorry if i put the names wrong way round >_<;;]
Image Go~ Jin Akanishi~! lolz

lumpey

Post by lumpey » Nov 5th, '06, 18:51

okay, my first first post...

jrock lovers should listen to...

Asian Kung-fu Generation (i know, this group has been mentioned like 99999 times in this topic)

Ellegarden (they kinda sing in English but its a japanese group and there are songs in japanese too...)

Tommy Heavenly6 (greaaaaaaaaaaaat)

i also like Do As Infinity, Straightener...

EmKey

Song from Shimokita glory days

Post by EmKey » Nov 8th, '06, 16:11

Im looking for a song. Since there is a lot of people here that know a lot about J music i might give it a try.
Does anyone have any info on song from Shimokita Glory Days ?
I dont mean the main theme song (Lovespace).
It can be only heard in the background at the end of every episode . Last 1-2 minutes, during the final subtitles, showing preview of next episode. After the sing "tsuzuku" (to be continue).

Its kinda rock music with guy singing. After a while the is choir.
There is always some talking so its hard to hear the words but i can hear something like this (spelling might be and probably will be wrong)

han nan no oe muka shikara
nihonno jushin daito kyo
iru mono kiku mono sawaru mono
odoroku koto bakari
shin ki moto mete atsu nante
miyashi moto mete jirabatte
hannanni muragaru chou naredo
a to agano ko toshi
yumeni aruete temure nani da
sonna no anika yo
koto birori koto birori
hiyotte shimatte gomenasaito
nagaku koroga akanashii

I visited official site but there is no info on soundtrack. At least i couldnt find it cuz my japaneese sux.
If anyone has any info on this song - the title,lyrics,artist, anything that could help identify it, please PM me or post it here.

Onegaishimasu

20centuryboy

Post by 20centuryboy » Nov 9th, '06, 09:49

hmmm

due to the excellent references and influences of Thee Michelle Gun Elephant ( The Boys, The Damned and Billy Childish's Thee heacoats) and The asian Kung fu Generation ( XTC, supergrass, Teenage fanclub) I'll give a try to those bands!!! :)
Nankurunai sa!

nadesico
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nadesico » Nov 9th, '06, 10:12

I probably already posted in this thread , but I make new discoveries every day, so:
rock:
Luna Sea
X Japan
L'arc en ciel
all these ones are classic for me, I've been a fan for 10 years!
more recent :porno graffiiti, B'z , some songs by Glay,Remioromen(absolutely must-hear!!)
pop(male)
rip slyme, kobokuro, southern all stars, hirai ken, orange range, Mr children
pop female:
Ayaka, Akio, Amuro namie, Utada HIkaru(of course!!), Koda Kumi
Johnny's groups
KAT-TUN, Arashi
I'm sure I forgot some but I'll edit my post anyway!

richardli

Post by richardli » Nov 27th, '06, 14:56

You gotta listen to The Brilliant Green, MyLittle Lover, DragonAsh and Utada Hikaru. Great stuff.
Wacky Japanese Videos and hot idols at JAPANSUGOI.COM

nadiya

Post by nadiya » Dec 15th, '06, 20:51

i'm looking for "lonely toothbrush" by sakuraba yuichiro in mukodono.
can someone plz upload it again??

thanx in advance.

8thSin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by 8thSin » Dec 16th, '06, 00:25

Top 10 of my favorite songs I listed and uploaded for another forum...
Bahamut619 wrote:<--- Notorious for being a ballad lover.

[url=http://www.sendspace.com/file/58b8un]Download top 10[/url]

Half of these files are pretty rare nowadays... Get them!

1. Amuro Namie - Can You Celebrate?
2. TK presents Konet (Amuro Namie, globe, TRF, dos, hitomi, H Jungle with T etc...)- You are the one
3.SMAP - Sekai ni Hitotsu dake no Hana
4. FIELD OF VIEW - Totsuzen
5. Globe - DEPARTURES
6. Matsuda Seiko - Anata ni Aitakute
7. Utada Hikaru - AUTOMATIC
8. Hamasaki Ayumi - MOMENTS
9.TRF - LEGEND OF WIND
10. Spitz - Cherry

Wow, pretty generic stuff... 4/10 are TK. I was listing it, and was REALLY surprised Hamasaki Ayumi and Koda Kumi, my current 2 favorite singers rank so low... They have lots of decent songs, but can't compare with masterpieces in the '90s

Other recommended songs:
[url=http://www.sendspace.com/file/n4exaf]Download HERE[/url]

Hamasaki Ayumi - NO MORE WORDS
Hamasaki Ayumi - VOYAGE
Hamasaki Ayumi - HEAVEN
Hamasaki Ayumi - Boys & Girls
Amuro Namie - Don't Wanna Cry
Amuro Namie - THE SPEED STAR
B'z - Konya Tsuki no Mieru Oka ni
Chage & Aska - Say Yes
ELT - Mata Ashita
GLAY - Way of Difference
Globe - Can't Stop Fallin' in Love
Globe - A Temporary Girl
Gospellers - Towa ni
Hitoto You - Morainaki
Janne Da Arc - Gekkouka
Ketsumeishi - Sakura
Kobukuro - Sakura
Koda Kumi - Koi no Tsubomi
Koda Kumi - HANDS
Kubota Toshinobu - La La La Love Song
Matsu Takako - Ashita, Haru ga Kitara
move - Fly Me So High
Mr. Children - Everything ~It's you~
Mr. Children - SIGN
Ootsuka Ai - Kingyo Hanabi
Orange Range - Hana
Shibasaki Kou - Katachi Aru Mono
SPEED - STEADY
Suzuki Ami - Love the Island
Utada Hikaru - Can You Keep a Secret?
Utada Hikaru - First Love
w-inds. - Dedicated to You

ArtofSubterfuge

Post by ArtofSubterfuge » Dec 16th, '06, 00:32

A great place for Japanese music downloads/discussion:
[url]http://www.jjme-forum.net[/url]

Japanese music is a wonderful thing.

angelcoolz

Post by angelcoolz » Dec 16th, '06, 00:48

diz is mine

1) Taiyou No Uta - Sawajiri Erika
2) Kanshou - Ueto Aya
3) Hand to hand - Yuuka Saegusa in db
4) Love Song - Yamapi
5) Kizuna - Ueto Aya
6) Yume No Chikara - Ueto Aya
7) Seishun Amigo - Kame+ Yamapi
8) Stay with me - Sawajiri Erika
9) Daite Senorita - Yamapi
10) Venus - Tackey and Tsubasa

yeahh!!!!
currently watchin--> Yukan Club--Iryu 2--Galileo---Abarenbo Mama--TARA 2
my fs--> www.friendster.com/angelr

soulstar

Post by soulstar » Dec 16th, '06, 00:57

for rock ikimonogakari! (i have a crush on the lead singer, she`s got a great voice)

for HIPHOP nujabes.
Last edited by soulstar on Mar 6th, '12, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.

* J k y

Post by * J k y » Dec 16th, '06, 01:22

Kaoru Amane
Kou Shibasaki
Utada Hikaru

Uverworld
OrangeRange
M-flo

download songs from www.z-degrees.net
=)
ImageImage

Eziya Minamoto

Post by Eziya Minamoto » Dec 29th, '06, 05:04

I listen, but not limited to:
the pillows
Mr. Children
Shiina Ringo/Tokyo Jihen
Yui
L'Arc~En~Ciel
High And Mighty Color
Rie Fu
Miyavi
Puffy Ami Yumi
I am always around...Somewhere out there.

Currently Watching:
Hanazakari no Kimitachi e [ep 5]
Kurosagi [ep 10]

Hayashi_kun

Post by Hayashi_kun » Dec 29th, '06, 05:19

Kobukuro :cheers:
Remioromen
Ayaka :wub:
Flow
Aqua Timez
Fumido
Sukima Switch
Def Tech

razzak

Post by razzak » Jan 3rd, '07, 20:39

High and Mighty Color - Haikara (my favourite band ever! I could finally order a CD from them through the internet! yea! lol)
The Pillows
Yui
L'arc en Ciel
Uverworld
Beat Crusaders
Dir en Grey
Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Malice Mizer (some)
Antic Cafe
MCU
Utada Hikaru
Chemistry
Nujabes
(not in a specific order)

And some random musics:
KAT-TUN - Kizuna
D-15 - No more cry

I like other musics/bands, but that's all I remember =P lol

I have an 1 hour lenght High and Mighty Color perfomance/concert, if anyone wants I can upload it =)

One of the places that I download my music from:

Code: Select all

http://jpop.bww2.com/