Sakura?

Talk about the culture and entertainment from Nihon.
HappyPancake

Sakura?

Post by HappyPancake » Oct 5th, '05, 15:22

I know I once watched a couple of episodes of a J-drama which starred a young woman, playing the role of, I think, a high school teacher. Her name was Sakura, something. She had a fling with a non-japanese guy who was fluent in Japanese...

I know it's not much, but does this sound familiar to anyone? I'd like to actually watch the whole thing from the beginning, but I can't remember the name of the show.

awrittensin
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by awrittensin » Oct 5th, '05, 15:29

It's called "Sakura" :-) It was on NHK a few years ago and was a morning drama w/ small episodes that ran for 6 months, maybe? I don't know if there are any torrents around though. I only have about 10 eps of it on VHS.
Upcoming Publications:
August 5: Tsukuyomi v.11 / TOKYOPOP
November 4: Captive Hearts v.1 / VIZ
December 2: St. Dragon Girl v.1 / VIZ

Captive Hearts will be appearing in the October issue of Shojo Beat - available SEPTEMBER 16!!

HappyPancake

Post by HappyPancake » Oct 5th, '05, 15:44

So it was Sakura! Thanks pal!

Well, send me an e-mail if you see any torrents. ;)

groink

Post by groink » Oct 5th, '05, 19:19

Torrents for a NHK Asadora renzoku drama??? With English subtitles? LOL! You're never going to see them on-line. We're talking about at least 150 episodes x 15 minutes each for a typical Asadora, spanning across 26 or 27 weeks. If ANY English-subbed Asadora drama were to hit the Internet, it would have been Churasan. Call me a pessimist, but I'd rather point people in the direction of mail-trading or a mail-distro than to wait and wait for something of this size to appear on the Internet. Also, my comments may drive someone to make a total idiot out of me and and actually post a complete Asadora renzoku to the Internet. If this is what it takes, then by all means PLEASE do so. :)

--- groink
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

aNToK
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by aNToK » Oct 5th, '05, 19:21

Hmm... If this is the one I think, it aired here in the Bay Area several months back, but I didn't watch or capture it because my lady pretty much hated it....
I am not obsessed. I am just very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very focussed...

mieko

Post by mieko » Oct 5th, '05, 19:33

groink wrote:Torrents for a NHK Asadora renzoku drama??? With English subtitles? LOL! You're never going to see them on-line. We're talking about at least 150 episodes x 15 minutes each for a typical Asadora, spanning across 26 or 27 weeks. If ANY English-subbed Asadora drama were to hit the Internet, it would have been Churasan. Call me a pessimist, but I'd rather point people in the direction of mail-trading or a mail-distro than to wait and wait for something of this size to appear on the Internet. Also, my comments may drive someone to make a total idiot out of me and and actually post a complete Asadora renzoku to the Internet. If this is what it takes, then by all means PLEASE do so. :)

--- groink
hehehe... Well i've got all of "Hirari" with Hikari Ishida aired back in 92', all 152 ep's on DVD.
NO english subs of course, whether i would ever torrent them would kinda depend on how
the reponse to my main forum post will ultimately end up.
Last edited by mieko on Oct 5th, '05, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.

amrayu
Administrator
Administrator

Post by amrayu » Oct 5th, '05, 19:42

Yes, antok it did air in the Bay Area recently. But it was a very irritating show. >_<
Currently, they are airing Wakaba with e-subs.
It'll be hard to find these types of drama online. You will have better luck looking for a trader at jdorama.com or googling. :-)

groink

Post by groink » Oct 5th, '05, 20:21

mieko wrote:hehehe... Well i've got all of "Hirari" with Hikari Ishida aired back in 94', all 152 ep's on DVD.NO english subs of course, whether i would ever torrent them would kinda depend on how the reponse to my main forum post will ultimately end up.
On NHK right now, they're airing Kirin, which first aired in 1994. I recorded a couple of episodes this past week. It stars Hosokawa Naomi, which is the same gal that played that wacko woman in Hoshi no Kinka. Just before that, they aired Asuka which ended a week or so ago.

Back to the Asadora drama matter... I've always been a huge fan of Asadora dramas. I started a new NHK Asadora drama category on the DramaWiki, and have made it into a ring. Check it out:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Category:NHK_Asadora

--- groink

gregsan

Post by gregsan » Nov 7th, '05, 19:48

groink wrote:
mieko wrote:hehehe... Well i've got all of "Hirari" with Hikari Ishida aired back in 94', all 152 ep's on DVD.NO english subs of course, whether i would ever torrent them would kinda depend on how the reponse to my main forum post will ultimately end up.
On NHK right now, they're airing Kirin, which first aired in 1994. I recorded a couple of episodes this past week. It stars Hosokawa Naomi, which is the same gal that played that wacko woman in Hoshi no Kinka. Just before that, they aired Asuka which ended a week or so ago.

Back to the Asadora drama matter... I've always been a huge fan of Asadora dramas. I started a new NHK Asadora drama category on the DramaWiki, and have made it into a ring. Check it out:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Category:NHK_Asadora

--- groink
Thanks for the good work groink!

In regards to torrenting the morning dramas...it's probably too much but it would be nice to see more people share them. I just got ahold of Sakura on DVD (fan captured) through a trade and might consider uploading it on ABMJ (which contrary to torrents wouldn't be that big of a deal...it would just take a while before the entire series is completed). It would be a while before I could do that though since they're currently on DVD in DVD (VOB) format so I would have to convert them all to Divx. And...I know it's another generation of ripping so the quality will be less than the current form.

Recently I FINALLY decided to purchase all of the Churasan DVDs (S1, S2, and S3) and might also consider upping them on ABMJ but they are all RAW and it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble since there are no subs (anyone want to help sub?). I know there are subbed versions floating around...but I haven't been able to get my hands on any.

gregsan

Haruspex
Fansubber
Fansubber

Asadorama Uploads

Post by Haruspex » Nov 7th, '05, 20:02

Recently I FINALLY decided to purchase all of the Churasan DVDs (S1, S2, and S3) and might also consider upping them on ABMJ but they are all RAW and it probably wouldn't be worth the trouble since there are no subs (anyone want to help sub?). I know there are subbed versions floating around...but I haven't been able to get my hands on any.
You really enjoy 'Churasan,' don't you?

So do I. I still have my subbed copies of 'Churasan' from when it aired on TV here, and have finally completed translating Season 2 and have even managed to do a little of Season 3...

But that would definitely be a looooot of work to re-sub that whole series, and then upload it! In the immortal words of Keanu Reeves, 'Woah!"

Haruspex

gregsan

Re: Asadorama Uploads

Post by gregsan » Nov 7th, '05, 20:30

Haruspex wrote:
You really enjoy 'Churasan,' don't you?

So do I. I still have my subbed copies of 'Churasan' from when it aired on TV here, and have finally completed translating Season 2 and have even managed to do a little of Season 3...

But that would definitely be a looooot of work to re-sub that whole series, and then upload it! In the immortal words of Keanu Reeves, 'Woah!"Haruspex

Yep...I do. It would be a lot of work...but I would do it. I don't suppose you'd offer a trade for your subbed versions?

groink

Post by groink » Nov 7th, '05, 20:35

Man, I wish we didn't have the eBay selling problem. I have S3 on DVD with NGN subs, but I don't want to post them and give these sellers more material to sell, which is why I've avoided having the episodes escape my collection.
1. Always read FAQs for a given forum before posting.
2. Read the first few posts in a topic before posting.
3. Speak using complete English words.
4. The Internet is international. Respect regional and cultural values.

yt_toshi
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by yt_toshi » Nov 7th, '05, 20:46

groink wrote:Man, I wish we didn't have the eBay selling problem. I have S3 on DVD with NGN subs, but I don't want to post them and give these sellers more material to sell, which is why I've avoided having the episodes escape my collection.
I like your decision groink :thumright:
The last thing anyone wants to see is your version of Churasan being sold by people like gingertoys2 and others on Ebay (they make me :x)
D-Addicts is like a library: Most of the resources are there, you just have to search around!

My 1000th post: How to be a Good Fansubber :-)

JadedAngel

Re: Sakura?

Post by JadedAngel » Nov 7th, '05, 20:59

HappyPancake wrote:I know I once watched a couple of episodes of a J-drama which starred a young woman, playing the role of, I think, a high school teacher. Her name was Sakura, something. She had a fling with a non-japanese guy who was fluent in Japanese...

I know it's not much, but does this sound familiar to anyone? I'd like to actually watch the whole thing from the beginning, but I can't remember the name of the show.
OMG, I had been searching for info for this drama for so long now! Its hwat got me interested in Asian dramas, and by searching for it was how I came across d-addicts....over a year ago. And you get the answer ina few minutes. Thanks! :lol