Looking for Delightful/Sassy Girl Choon-Hyang BOX SET

Discuss about all aspect of KDramas on DVD and other commerical medium.
meep

Looking for Delightful/Sassy Girl Choon-Hyang BOX SET

Post by meep » Jul 6th, '07, 23:21

Hi there, I'm currently looking for this boxset but am finding no luck whatsoever finding it on yesasia or kbs e-store... :(

I did find it on here
http://www.asiandb.com/store/detail.pfm?num=4042

but that price is outrageous.

Anyone think they can help me locate one?

I've tried dvdasian too but no luck maybe I am querying the search misspelled?

Or is it just because this is a discontinued item?

.:edit - PM me if you have a used/new copy and wish to sell, and of course any info is greatly appreciated!!!:.

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Jul 9th, '07, 17:44

The complete series is available via torrent here:

http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_33516.htm

The video quality is excellent, and the subs are probably better than the ones in the KBS set.

meep

Post by meep » Jul 13th, '07, 03:16

Thank you, Pokute!

However I must tell you I'm trying to find all the KBS releases for dramas released in 2004-2005

Just for the sake of having people over and they want to watch a certain one

Until then, I will use the downloadable one!

.:edit:.

You know, to anyone who is reading this... Has anyone noticed KBS is pulling some of these dramas off the shelves? They are getting very hard to find now :(

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Jul 13th, '07, 16:32

@meep - KBS is pulling their releases because they are signing distro contracts with YAE. This may turn out to be a good thing, if YAE can get their act together and learn how to capitalise and punctuate.

Here's a free script for fixing common errors in subtitles:

Code: Select all

perl -api -e 's/OK/okay/g'

akatsuki_7

Post by akatsuki_7 » May 19th, '08, 09:56

hey meep, i found this from another website and its seems like it is available, but when i go to the actual website, i also cant find it anywhere. i know that this box set is not what you posted, but at least the pix and sound quality should be very good. theres also a duplicate of this found on ebay that is almost exactly like this copy, but it has very minor incorrect grammar (and i mean very minor) throughout the drama and it is missing like the last 2 minutes of subtitles at the end of the drama, but you can always just get the subtitles from this site and read the end part. http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.as ... rsion-all/

meep

hello again

Post by meep » May 19th, '08, 11:04

I've been so into my own life I totally forgot I wanted this!!!
However yeah, I still want that one off asiandb.com

I can use paypal there, which I think is awesome. because if they send me a fake at least I'll get a free copy.

MAN I JUST REMEMBERED I STARTED THAT DRAMA LIKE LAST YEAR AND I NEVER FINISHED IT :o)

thanks for reminding me!

meep

Post by meep » May 19th, '08, 11:09

dvdfromkorea.com just solved my 1 year mystery today... WOW what a day

InuyashaLovesKagome

Post by InuyashaLovesKagome » Mar 9th, '10, 20:15

I'm going to bump this incredibly old thread instead of posting a new one because it's the exact thing I'm looking for.

I really want to buy the Sassy Girl Chunhyang box set. However, it's no longer available on YesAsia and I cannot find it anywhere. The poster above said it was found on dvdfromkorea.com but that site is no longer active.

I did happen to find the DVD set on the asiandb link here: http://www.asiandb.com/store/detail.php?num=4042

And I also found an identical listing here: http://www.koreapop.com/detail.php?num=4042

But as it was once stated, this is very expensive. If this is the only option though, do either of these sites look safe? I'd be willing to pay that much if these are reliable places and are advertising the right material.

If someone could give me some sort of input I would really appreciate it. Thank you!

ikbenlief

Post by ikbenlief » Mar 9th, '10, 21:20

Hi there,

I just want to say I also have the DVD box... I bought it like 3 years ago when I was in Vancouver... And I loved the drama, especially Jae Hee~ :wub:

Hmm I also found another site with this drama, but I don't know if it's the original or pirated.... but it's cheaper here... http://www.mallkee.com/Show.aspx?PID=1209
Maybe it could help you??

InuyashaLovesKagome

Post by InuyashaLovesKagome » Mar 9th, '10, 21:39

Unfortuately that is not the one I am looking for... the original version has only English subtitles and Korean language... that one seems to have a bunch. I'm not sure if it is a bootleg or a different version released in another country.

I wish the box set was not out of print. ):

PersianPrincess

Post by PersianPrincess » Aug 9th, '10, 01:47

Hi, everyone. I'm new here. I posted something earlier today, but I don't think it showed up. I am also looking for the Delightful/Sassy Girl Choon-Hyang DVD set. The English version hasn't been available on Yesasia since 2008 and the Malaysian version (legally distributed by a Malaysian company) on Yesasia is around $44. I don't know if this version's episodes are cut (around 45 minutes, as seen on youtube) are about 1 hour, 8 minutes each, unedited.

This version also doesn't seem to have any bonus features. The Korean version that a previous poster mentioned, is around $160 and has these extras (but from what I've seen they are not subtitled). Can anyone tell me if KBS has better English subtitles (the most expensive)? Is this the only version that is unedited? The English subtitles on youtube were okay. I'm not sure how accurate the translations are, but I only caught a few grammar mistakes.

I really love this show and I'm considering buying the $160 version. Are a lot of Korean series this expensive? I have bought a couple of Chinese dramas for the price of one Korean drama. I am also looking for the soundtrack of this series, but I'm sure it's even harder to find. KBS's website doesn't seem to be selling many dramas and they take them off after just a short time, too.

It's nice finding other fans of Asian dramas!

InuyashaLovesKagome

Post by InuyashaLovesKagome » Aug 9th, '10, 02:55

PersianPrincess wrote:Hi, everyone. I'm new here. I posted something earlier today, but I don't think it showed up. I am also looking for the Delightful/Sassy Girl Choon-Hyang DVD set. The English version hasn't been available on Yesasia since 2008 and the Malaysian version (legally distributed by a Malaysian company) on Yesasia is around $44. I don't know if this version's episodes are cut (around 45 minutes, as seen on youtube) are about 1 hour, 8 minutes each, unedited.

This version also doesn't seem to have any bonus features. The Korean version that a previous poster mentioned, is around $160 and has these extras (but from what I've seen they are not subtitled). Can anyone tell me if KBS has better English subtitles (the most expensive)? Is this the only version that is unedited? The English subtitles on youtube were okay. I'm not sure how accurate the translations are, but I only caught a few grammar mistakes.

I really love this show and I'm considering buying the $160 version. Are a lot of Korean series this expensive? I have bought a couple of Chinese dramas for the price of one Korean drama. I am also looking for the soundtrack of this series, but I'm sure it's even harder to find. KBS's website doesn't seem to be selling many dramas and they take them off after just a short time, too.

It's nice finding other fans of Asian dramas!
I had this topic on watch so I received an e-mail when you posted this -- shortly after I posted my previous post, I researched the one that was $160 from those sites: They're fake. Do not buy them.

I found the legit DVD boxset for $80 (plus shipping) from someone called WOORIDVD. I received the entire boxset with all the extras, perfect subs, a perfect box casing (legit), and everything was fine. Research this 'WOORIDVD' and see if you can get the boxset from them as well.

I hope I helped. Good luck!

PersianPrincess

Thanks for the help . . . no luck though.

Post by PersianPrincess » Aug 9th, '10, 18:05

Thank you so much! I did look up the user as you mentioned, but I didn't find the series on his/her ebay site. I also found this http://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum/54 ... korea.html

It looks like someone bought the series for over $100. So, I guess you got lucky with the $80. I definitely won't be buying the $160 ones. How did you find out those were fake? I'm really bummed out. I don't know if anyone will be able to find the original Korean copy with English subtitles for a good price. I read others never had problems from the WOORIDVD seller, but how does anyone know his/her DVDs are legitimate? They do say "official relased" though.

I guess I could ask the seller if he/she can find a copy. Noooooo! I need my K-drama!

I appreciate your help though. :-( :cry:

wndrswan

here

Post by wndrswan » Aug 15th, '10, 23:29

http://www.hanbooks.com/sagichkbstvd.html

free shipping.

i've bought a few items from them before. they are good.

PersianPrincess

Thank you for trying

Post by PersianPrincess » Nov 15th, '10, 20:54

Thank you both for trying. However, I was not able to find a purchase button for it at the HanBooks website. It might be discontinued there as well. I went ahead and sent them an e-mail anyway. Why won't KBS re-release this series? I know there are plenty of people wanting to purchase it. I don't want to buy the KBS e-store because it's only out on EOR (episode on request), which I've read is transferred from tape, and not very good quality.

It looks like legitimate copies are hard to find. Darn. I've had to download some of the songs, too, since the soundtrack is out of print as well.

Double darn. Please let me know if you find somewhere to purchase a legitimate copy with English subtitles, preferably a complete set with the extras.

alakina

Post by alakina » Jan 8th, '11, 03:40

Hi i am selling My girl region 3 and other original korean dvds if you are interested let me know. everything is Used but like new! i am selling everything for a low low price

PersianPrincess

KDramas on DVD

Post by PersianPrincess » Oct 17th, '11, 10:18

I know it's been several months since I've visited this website, but I thought reply anyway, just in case.

Do you still have this series on DVD? And any other dramas you are willing to sell?

I am very interested in purchasing this series, as well as other Asian dramas.

Do you have a picture of the My Sassy Girl DVD box set?

alakina

Post by alakina » Oct 18th, '11, 01:05

^^I only have my girl, revenge, the king and the clown, jumong etc...everything is original