it started with a kiss....

Discuss about all aspect of KDramas on DVD and other commerical medium.
Locked
User avatar
JlovesVan
Posts: 107
Joined: May 23rd, '07, 20:24
Location: Washington

it started with a kiss....

Post by JlovesVan » May 23rd, '07, 21:12

Hi everyone, I am new to d-addicts, high everyone *waves*
I recently bought ISWAK off ebay and it arrived this afternoon. I popped in disc one and the english subtitles are so horrible I can't understand it at all :( Does anyone know where I can buy a copy of this drama with good subs? Now I am really hesitant to buy anymore that aren't fan subbed. I am also looking for good subbed copies of:
full house

also, I bought "a love to kill" off ebay as well as "..let's go to school" and I am worried that their subs are going to be awful as well. Does anyone know if A.) the subs are bad on these too and B.) if so, where I can find decent versions to purchase? TIA!

*oops* just realized I posted ISWAK under Kdrama, sorry! I am such a newbie *hides head in shame*...

User avatar
cachodoggy
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 16th, '07, 12:02
Location: Spain

Post by cachodoggy » May 23rd, '07, 21:24

Hello,

I think you shouldn´t buy it there. I always try to download it from here and in case it´s impossible (example, the torrent is not available anymore) I will buy it from a yesasia or somewhere I can trust.

Bye!!

808chick
Posts: 1
Joined: May 23rd, '07, 21:22

i know what u mean

Post by 808chick » May 23rd, '07, 21:31

i know how u feel, i bought the same dvd and the subtitles did suck. its the first taiwanese drama i've bought, so maybe its the taiwanese subtitles that are bad. i've bought a lot of the korean dramas and those all turned out good except sweet 18 has some errors. other than that everythings been good so far.

User avatar
JlovesVan
Posts: 107
Joined: May 23rd, '07, 20:24
Location: Washington

Post by JlovesVan » May 23rd, '07, 22:08

that is good to hear about the k-dramas. I hope all is well with the ones I bought.

User avatar
sabriyahm
Posts: 175
Joined: Sep 2nd, '06, 18:11
Location: Georgia

Post by sabriyahm » May 23rd, '07, 22:08

could you post a pic or the makers so I know what version to avoid. What a bummer. I really would like this on DVD one day.

User avatar
Rasckita
Posts: 365
Joined: Feb 25th, '07, 01:01

Re: i know what u mean

Post by Rasckita » May 24th, '07, 00:47

808chick wrote:i know how u feel, i bought the same dvd and the subtitles did suck. its the first taiwanese drama i've bought, so maybe its the taiwanese subtitles that are bad. i've bought a lot of the korean dramas and those all turned out good except sweet 18 has some errors. other than that everythings been good so far.

where do you buy your korean dramas with eng subs??

Is there other place to buy these dramas with good eng subs (region free dvd) and that has a better price than yesasia?
:D

User avatar
JlovesVan
Posts: 107
Joined: May 23rd, '07, 20:24
Location: Washington

Re: i know what u mean

Post by JlovesVan » May 24th, '07, 02:10

Rasckita wrote:
808chick wrote:i know how u feel, i bought the same dvd and the subtitles did suck. its the first taiwanese drama i've bought, so maybe its the taiwanese subtitles that are bad. i've bought a lot of the korean dramas and those all turned out good except sweet 18 has some errors. other than that everythings been good so far.

where do you buy your korean dramas with eng subs??

Is there other place to buy these dramas with good eng subs (region free dvd) and that has a better price than yesasia?


I have bought most of mine from ebay. It seems that you can get really decent deals on there. I just bought "My Girl" which has excellent subs and is much higher quality for 26 bucks. I got meteor garden 1 and 2 with good subs for 35 dollars total. Also, people sell copied dvds with english subs on ebay as well. I got my copy of DBY, Peach Girl, Kimi Wa Petto and Tokyo Juliet all from the same seller and I prefer them to the store bought ones because the subs are great. Only problem is if you don't have a dvd player that plays them. They work great in my PS3.

User avatar
Rasckita
Posts: 365
Joined: Feb 25th, '07, 01:01

Post by Rasckita » May 24th, '07, 11:42

copyied Dvds won't work properly on my dvd player because it's an old LG, but do you know any ebay store that sells original kdrama dvds with better price than yesasia?
:D

User avatar
hmm_yeh
Posts: 187
Joined: Nov 17th, '05, 18:26
Location: Jersey
Contact:

Post by hmm_yeh » Oct 1st, '07, 03:29

Hey, I was contemplating on purchasing either one of these dvds on ebay which ends this week. Mind if you can tell me if this is the same you bought? I have been wanting this series for the longest! thanks in advance! :D
Attachments
93ee_2.JPG
93ee_2.JPG (6.03 KiB) Viewed 9504 times
it_started_with_a_kiss.JPG
it_started_with_a_kiss.JPG (28.79 KiB) Viewed 9504 times
If anyone wants trade, visit my link!
--- Trade Status:Small trades only at the moment :D ---
http://www.freewebs.com/hmm_yeh

User avatar
Somekindofpeanutdessert
Posts: 31
Joined: Oct 16th, '07, 16:17

Post by Somekindofpeanutdessert » Oct 16th, '07, 16:50

Whatever you do, don't buy the one in the white box that says "How attractive a kiss means?" that's the one with the bad subtitles. I bought it, and I couldn't understand a word. I think I did better without the subtitles and I don't even speak Mandarin. My sister bought a different version off Ebay and it's labelled as "GOOD English Subs" or something like that one. She said the subtitles are WAY better. So get that one before it's snatched up. The cover looks like this:
Image

User avatar
makito
Posts: 124
Joined: Nov 3rd, '05, 22:17
Location: Perulandia! =)
Contact:

Post by makito » Oct 16th, '07, 17:07

I wouldn't buy from ebay. I would have chose yesasia or another one like it :)

User avatar
Somekindofpeanutdessert
Posts: 31
Joined: Oct 16th, '07, 16:17

Post by Somekindofpeanutdessert » Oct 16th, '07, 17:18

I head from my sister that YesAsia doesn't have ISWAK with English subs. I searched and searched as well, and I could only find it on ebay.

User avatar
ironicwave
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 732
Joined: Mar 22nd, '04, 13:51
Location: Germany

Post by ironicwave » Oct 16th, '07, 18:41

i wonder if that's just another fansub ripoff deal on ebay... :whistling:
___________________SARS-Fansubs______________________________________________________

User avatar
Somekindofpeanutdessert
Posts: 31
Joined: Oct 16th, '07, 16:17

Post by Somekindofpeanutdessert » Oct 17th, '07, 00:49

The one in the white box sure looked like it. I don't know about the other one though. I will know when it comes. (I already ordered it) But I think it's better than nothing. And these subtitles are 100% perfect according to my sister.

User avatar
makito
Posts: 124
Joined: Nov 3rd, '05, 22:17
Location: Perulandia! =)
Contact:

Post by makito » Oct 17th, '07, 02:34

Well, that's something.
In case you don't find it, I guess you should dl it. If there's no torrents, there are a few pages that has the eps on megaupload or something related

User avatar
Somekindofpeanutdessert
Posts: 31
Joined: Oct 16th, '07, 16:17

Post by Somekindofpeanutdessert » Oct 17th, '07, 17:09

I think it's so much more convenient jsut to buy the DVD. I tried looking for torrents and programs that support torrents and it took forever to find something that was compatible with a Mac, and then when I tried downloading the torrents they wouldn't download..It was so annoying. I just bought the DVD.

User avatar
hmm_yeh
Posts: 187
Joined: Nov 17th, '05, 18:26
Location: Jersey
Contact:

Post by hmm_yeh » Nov 1st, '07, 01:34

Somekindofpeanutdessert wrote:Whatever you do, don't buy the one in the white box that says "How attractive a kiss means?" that's the one with the bad subtitles. I bought it, and I couldn't understand a word. I think I did better without the subtitles and I don't even speak Mandarin. My sister bought a different version off Ebay and it's labelled as "GOOD English Subs" or something like that one. She said the subtitles are WAY better. So get that one before it's snatched up. The cover looks like this:
Image



I wish I didn't buy it, but I was so fixed on watching it. Just confirming what you said for anyone contemplating on buying this boxset. BY ALL MEANS! DONT and I mean DONT even waste your money on the boxset that has 'how attractive a kiss means.' In the ebay auction, it said the subs were average, but they just said that to sell it. Given, some subs on probably 5 out of the 30 episodes were decent, and by decent.. I mean understandable. Otherwise, you'll bang your head of annoyance.

And yeah.. they don't have english subs for this series on yesasia. I wish they did.. but they don't. So anyone wanting to watch this series, just try downloading it. And for MAC users, you're out of luck. It's better to just find people willing to trade this drama with you. The reason why i didn't dl this b/c I have a mac and it wouldn't play on any of my softwares. Good Luck! I hope it'll be different when they release subs for ISWAK 2, or rather 'they kiss again'
If anyone wants trade, visit my link!
--- Trade Status:Small trades only at the moment :D ---
http://www.freewebs.com/hmm_yeh

User avatar
Somekindofpeanutdessert
Posts: 31
Joined: Oct 16th, '07, 16:17

Post by Somekindofpeanutdessert » Nov 1st, '07, 06:20

hmm_yeh wrote:
Somekindofpeanutdessert wrote:Whatever you do, don't buy the one in the white box that says "How attractive a kiss means?" that's the one with the bad subtitles. I bought it, and I couldn't understand a word. I think I did better without the subtitles and I don't even speak Mandarin. My sister bought a different version off Ebay and it's labelled as "GOOD English Subs" or something like that one. She said the subtitles are WAY better. So get that one before it's snatched up. The cover looks like this:
Image



I wish I didn't buy it, but I was so fixed on watching it. Just confirming what you said for anyone contemplating on buying this boxset. BY ALL MEANS! DONT and I mean DONT even waste your money on the boxset that has 'how attractive a kiss means.' In the ebay auction, it said the subs were average, but they just said that to sell it. Given, some subs on probably 5 out of the 30 episodes were decent, and by decent.. I mean understandable. Otherwise, you'll bang your head of annoyance.

And yeah.. they don't have english subs for this series on yesasia. I wish they did.. but they don't. So anyone wanting to watch this series, just try downloading it. And for MAC users, you're out of luck. It's better to just find people willing to trade this drama with you. The reason why i didn't dl this b/c I have a mac and it wouldn't play on any of my softwares. Good Luck! I hope it'll be different when they release subs for ISWAK 2, or rather 'they kiss again'


Well the one box set with the picture I posted which shows xiang qin and zi yu in the corner with the hat thingies...that one is FINE. I bought it and the subtitles are EXCELLENT. but it's the OTHER one with the "how attractive a kiss means" that people need to avoid. I love this drama so much that I was willing to buy the other, better DVD after being dissappointed with the bad one. But if you can download it, you can download it. But if you have a Mac and have trouble downloading it (like I did) I would seriously consider buying the GOOD one. Cause it's excellent quality. But watch out. Let me make it clear which one to buy:

BAAAD!! NO NO!!!! vvvvvv

Image





GOOOOD!!!! YEEEESSS!!!!!vvvvvv

Image

Believe me. I know. I own and have tried both.

User avatar
makito
Posts: 124
Joined: Nov 3rd, '05, 22:17
Location: Perulandia! =)
Contact:

Post by makito » Nov 3rd, '07, 04:38

Ok, I'll keep that in mind
thanks :P

User avatar
Rasckita
Posts: 365
Joined: Feb 25th, '07, 01:01

Post by Rasckita » Jan 9th, '08, 14:57

GOOOOD!!!! YEEEESSS!!!!!vvvvvv

Image

Believe me. I know. I own and have tried both.


I found it on Ebay but the seller wrote a note saying the chinese subs can't be turned off. Are the chinese subs really annoying in a way that it makes the english subs not readable sometimes?
:D

User avatar
Somekindofpeanutdessert
Posts: 31
Joined: Oct 16th, '07, 16:17

Post by Somekindofpeanutdessert » Jan 9th, '08, 17:27

No, not at all. I didn't have any trouble with them.

User avatar
Rasckita
Posts: 365
Joined: Feb 25th, '07, 01:01

Post by Rasckita » Jan 9th, '08, 18:12

Oh ok! :) Good to know. ^_^
Is the video quality good? Or is it VCD quality?

Does this dvd box set comes with extras? I ask this because I have Meteor Garden dvd box from SPEEDY (the same publisher of this version of ISWAK) and it had some extras (best romantic scenes, interviews, cast profiles, bloopers, behind the scenes and etc.)
:D

User avatar
Somekindofpeanutdessert
Posts: 31
Joined: Oct 16th, '07, 16:17

Post by Somekindofpeanutdessert » Jan 9th, '08, 21:06

It's good quality. I don't know what VCD quality is like, so I couldn't answer that part of your question. But the quality is 99.99% fantastic. And no, it doesn't have any extras, unfortunately. There's bloopers at the end of the last episode, but that's about it.

User avatar
Rasckita
Posts: 365
Joined: Feb 25th, '07, 01:01

Post by Rasckita » Jan 10th, '08, 16:15

AHhh ok! :) Thanks for all these info!
I'll save some money to buy this set.
:D

User avatar
Ashiva
Posts: 12
Joined: Sep 17th, '07, 15:57
Location: Finland
Contact:

Post by Ashiva » Feb 3rd, '08, 17:44

Does anyone know how is the quality of this release:

It Started With A Kiss: Taiwan TV Series (30 Episodes) (English Subtitle) (10 DVD Box)
Studio: Speedy Video Entertainment (M)
Audio Format: DD 2.0
Video Format: Full Screen
Languages: Mandarin
Subtitles: English, Chinese (T), Malay
Region Code: ALL
Year Made: 2006
Release Date: 02/01/2008
Attachments
iswakDVD.jpg
iswakDVD.jpg (91.92 KiB) Viewed 10997 times
It`s the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time.

User avatar
Rasckita
Posts: 365
Joined: Feb 25th, '07, 01:01

Post by Rasckita » Feb 4th, '08, 00:46

Ashiva,
I think this is safe to buy because it`s from "Speedy Video Entertainment" and it`s the same version stated as the one with good english subtitles:
Image
the photo above is the dvd set with good english subs. In the picture you can see the cover of the protective case and the cover of the dvd case that stays inside the protective case.
:D

User avatar
Ashiva
Posts: 12
Joined: Sep 17th, '07, 15:57
Location: Finland
Contact:

Post by Ashiva » Feb 4th, '08, 15:43

Thank you for quick answer! :)
It`s the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest