RECOMMENDED ANIMES?

Discuss about Japanese TV Variety, Music, Game and any other TV shows that is not drama.
georicky

RECOMMENDED ANIMES?

Post by georicky » Oct 16th, '09, 00:41

I am just starting to watch Japanese anime...would like some recommendation to start with...preferably romance & comedy type. Thanks.

tarumpaw

Post by tarumpaw » Oct 16th, '09, 01:50

Voices of a Distant Star (Hoshi no Koe) and Kimi Ga Nozumo Eien (there's a little nudity) love them both as they are not that long typical to most animes.

wobblywalker

Post by wobblywalker » Oct 16th, '09, 02:49

I loved Skip Beat!

jasminech

Post by jasminech » Oct 21st, '09, 13:37

Yep, try Skip Beat!, it's a lovely anime. Also, try Lovely Complex and Ouran High School Host Club :)

wmcnair370

Post by wmcnair370 » Oct 21st, '09, 13:59

I am pretty old school when it comes to anime, so I don't like much new stuff, but one of my favorite comedies of all time is Azumanga Daioh. I don't care whether you are a girl or a guy, doesn't matter, cause this show is very funny.

arakira
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arakira » Oct 21st, '09, 14:11

try Toradora, Nodame Cantabile, Special A, Lovely Complex, Peach Girl, Itzura na Kiss, Clannad, Kanon (2006), Kimikiss Pure Rouge, Fruits Basket, Suzuka, Hatsukoi Limited,

and now airing: Kimi Ni Todoke

theuncontactable
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by theuncontactable » Oct 21st, '09, 15:19

Nodame Cantabile, Hayate the combat butler, School Rumble and the new one Kimi ni Todoke is really funny so far, and Vandread covers a lot of genre.

Edit: Forgot to mention Full Moon o Sagashite, Beck and Aishiteruze Baby.

paulf

Post by paulf » Oct 23rd, '09, 06:31

The only romantic-comedy anime you need is Maison Ikkoku. It's everything you ever wanted ina Jdrama only animated. Great stories, comedy, characters, and romance!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maison_Ikkoku

A quick google search will bring up a torrent of the entire series in .mkv subbed. Hint hint!

mavi

Post by mavi » Oct 23rd, '09, 06:43

noobee

Post by noobee » Oct 23rd, '09, 07:47

watch rurouni kenshin, thats my favorite but its kind of old
This user's account has been suspended. Because the user has ignore the mod's warnings to not reply with short useless messages, just so a spam link will show up on all his reply messages.

taro

Post by taro » Oct 23rd, '09, 08:54

THere's so much! For young romance, no comedy, pretty recent 5 Centimeters Per Second is a masterpiece of atmosphere, art and quiet storytelling. Makoto Shinkai is great at that. All his stories seem to have seperation anxiety....
I really liked Toradora, thats got comedy in addition to high school romance. kind of recalling recent stuff because its easier.
What would be classics would be the above mentioned Maisson Ikkoku, Urusei Yatsura.
Although I'm not a big fan of sports & baseball genres, Adachi Mitsuru's stuff is great storytelling, Touch, H2, the current running Cross Game.