Going to Ho Chi Minh with my girlfriends.. any tips?

Discuss about travelling to or living in another country.
syzzlyn

Going to Ho Chi Minh with my girlfriends.. any tips?

Post by syzzlyn » Mar 24th, '09, 04:22

Would love to hear some travel tips re: HCM

We will be there mid-April for about 5 days..
We are intending to book our stay in one of those budget places at Backpacker's Alley.
And book the day tours when we are there.

We will definitely want to visit Cu Chi and the Mekong River.
The rest will probably be wandering around HCM city area and maybe shopping, relaxing around in coffee shops.

I hear the weather's really hot.
Any tips on clothing, safety, travelling, etc?

Would also love to meet anyone from D-addicts and make new friends!

tanpopo1982

Post by tanpopo1982 » Mar 25th, '09, 02:33

hi sizzlyn, when you come to HCM CITY, you need to stay in NEW WORLD HOTEL, it's quite bit expensive, but it's very safe. If you want to go shopping, there are a lot of place for you to shop, DIAMOND PLAZA, COMART, MAXIMAX CONG HOA, if you want to bargain, so just go to 'BA CHIEU MARKET, AN DONG MARKET, CHO LON, and BINH KHIEM MARKET, it's half price if you know how to bargain, or you can go to "LE VAN SI street and NGUYEN TRAI st" they have a lot of junior clothing store on both side of the street. After you shop and get starve you need to go to 'QUAN NGON RESTAURANT' it's taste good and cheaper. sizzlyn make sure don't go DISTRICT 7, DISTRICT GO VAP, and THU DUC, bc there are a lot of gangster and robber at nite time, oh i forget one thing, if you plan to go amusement park, 'DAM SEN, and SUOI TIEN' it's a fun place in HCM. so becareful, and have fun on your trip sizzlyn.