Going to the uSA for about 3 mths! Taiwan after that!

Discuss about travelling to or living in another country.
kylagurl
Fansubber
Fansubber

Going to the uSA for about 3 mths! Taiwan after that!

Post by kylagurl » Feb 16th, '08, 08:26

Arlow all! Happy belated Valentine's Day!

Anyone from San Francisco or does anyone know where's a good place to stay for just one night? Cos me and a few frens are joining this "Work and Travel USA Summer" programme. We'll be reaching San Francisco first and staying there for 1 night before taking a domestic flight to Yellowstone National Park, where we'll be working and playing for 2.5 mths.

After that, we plan to travel through California and fly to New York for abt 2 weeks I guess? Then, go to Taiwan for a stopover for a few days then back to Singapore.

I like to meet locals or at least try to know what locals do hee... Any fun ideas is most welcome! Thanks all! Hee... Cheers to making foreign frens! m_m

ellikadan2x

Post by ellikadan2x » Apr 16th, '09, 09:39

I've been there a few times.
Hmm, well I don't actually know a good place to stay but I know some good place such as:
* The Fisherman's Wharf
* Twin Peaks
* Wax Museum
* Pier 39

I hope that helps.

kylagurl
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kylagurl » Apr 27th, '09, 06:42

ellikadan2x wrote:I've been there a few times.
Hmm, well I don't actually know a good place to stay but I know some good place such as:
* The Fisherman's Wharf
* Twin Peaks
* Wax Museum
* Pier 39

I hope that helps.
Haha, thanks, but Im back in Singapore since last August. I visited The Fishermen's Wharf and Pier 39 n Union Square and walked around haha, I went to Chinatown too. Lurved the food there.

How come u've been there a few times? ahha..

ParadiseLost

Post by ParadiseLost » Apr 27th, '09, 16:25

kylagurl your from Singapore? hehe Im from the US and I just came from there :lol Singapore is very beautiful and clean I couldn't believe it :D

kylagurl
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kylagurl » Apr 28th, '09, 12:23

ParadiseLost wrote:kylagurl your from Singapore? hehe Im from the US and I just came from there :lol Singapore is very beautiful and clean I couldn't believe it :D
Dear ParadiseLost,

which part of the states are u from? ahha. i visited quite a few, haha. or rather where do u live exactly?

ah, don't u think singapore is sooo boring. why did u ever come here? and it's freakin hot it drives everyone mad!

kyLa m_m*

ParadiseLost

Post by ParadiseLost » Apr 30th, '09, 15:01

kylagurl wrote:
ParadiseLost wrote:kylagurl your from Singapore? hehe Im from the US and I just came from there :lol Singapore is very beautiful and clean I couldn't believe it :D
Dear ParadiseLost,

which part of the states are u from? ahha. i visited quite a few, haha. or rather where do u live exactly?

ah, don't u think singapore is sooo boring. why did u ever come here? and it's freakin hot it drives everyone mad!

kyLa m_m*
Haha I guess its one of those things where if you live there its not as special as to where you go somewhere different you love it!

I live in Columbus, Ohio... Yeah its pretty boring here, seriously nothing to do... :glare:

My trip to Singapore was fantastic! No waay was it to hot! In Ohio, we are used to the most humid temperatures during the summer and the coldest winters of the winter. Although everyday in Singapore looked like it was about to rain but it never did!! I met a lot of nice people there :) I stayed at the hilton and marriott downtown so I was mainly in the city most of the time. Whats with all the s shopping places seriously theres way too many! The MRT was awesome. I got to wherever i wanted to go in a snap. I went to all the museums and monuments that were there. I don't know if this is the correct spelling but I ate at Newtensacker? :P and I had local chilli crab and it was great!

Yeah it was an amazing trip. Im going back in July due to potentially moving there for work :P

Anyways, how did you like America?

kylagurl
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kylagurl » May 1st, '09, 07:02

Haha I guess its one of those things where if you live there its not as special as to where you go somewhere different you love it!
yesh, i guess so.

hahaa. i worked in Yellowstone National Park for 2.5 mths. I visited Bozeman in Montana, San Francisco, then along the pacific coastline in california on a road trip until LA (just universal studios), Anaheim ( i lurved the fireworks frm disneyland, we could see them frm our motel!), TOLEDO, OHIO ahaha, then New York. I lurve NY's broadway musicals, i watched Hair Spray. Other than that, I missed Yellowstone alot, luckily i had some good frens with me who were like chiding me for being so nostalgic and always looking back?

I can say out loud that i enjoyed SO MUCH in yellowstone that i kinda forgot how to be happy in singapore? haha...

you're coming in July to work? but u're only 20? you have a permanent job in singapore so soon? haha. i bet ppl will lurve Asian food? cos it has so many diff flavours and a wide variety! haha. wow and you stayed in the VERY EXPENSIVE hotels. no wonder you had such a great time.

hahaha. we went to visit an american fren who got sent back home (to toledo) for vandalizing in the park hahaa. we were there for 3 days? i was kinda bored sometimes, cos we got nothing much to do? haha. we visited to 'BEACH". it was soo o funny, the best beach i ever went to ... COS IT'S JUST A LITTLE LAKE (SO FUNNY TO ME!) hahaha... oh well, i don't know where columbus is ahha. yesh, but i was in your state before haha. but it's really very relaxed there.

So as you can see, i lurved america? haha.
pardon me for writing so long? haha.

ParadiseLost

Post by ParadiseLost » May 1st, '09, 19:36

Well no wonder why you had so much fun in America. You visited the major cities of the US. Yeah its wonderful out west. So many things to do and its very beautiful out there. I was in new york a few times and I must say its certainly an experience.

Ah so you visited Toledo? Yeah Toledo is North West tip of Ohio. Columbus is smack dab in the middle of Ohio. It is also the biggest city next to Cleveland, but other than shopping there is really nothing to do here, so going to Singapore was a huge experience for me and likewise I am kinda nostalgic about it all :lol Yeah as you may know Singapore is huge in distribution and production region of Asia so my father actually working out from there, GuangZhou, Bangladesh, etc. So my family is potentially moving there for a few years and I applied for an international internship for my fathers company ^_^

I noticed not many Americans visit Singapore tho :P

kylagurl
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by kylagurl » May 2nd, '09, 05:37

hahaa. I JUST REALLY ENJOYED YELLOWSTONE, my days there. guess it's cos i don't wanna come back to singapore to face all the stress like school work and stuff? nice weather, beautiful place on earth, great pals to hang out with... i ... just had a really good time haha...

wow wow, you're coming to singapore for good? tell me about it, whether u'd like it if u stayed long or something? ahha... my friend in toledo said it's boring there if u don't have money ahahhahaha...

you're moving, the entire family moving over here? haha... the best! so that means your father is into the asian market? are you chinese or what? do you understand chinese?

ParadiseLost

Post by ParadiseLost » May 2nd, '09, 22:07

I'm uhhh Mixed Italian/Black (i guess) I am fluent in French and English however I am currently in school taking Mandarin.