Traveling around Asia, Europe, and America summer 08!

Discuss about travelling to or living in another country.
aawang

Traveling around Asia, Europe, and America summer 08!

Post by aawang » Jun 27th, '07, 22:29

Hi,

I`ve been working a lot lately, because I`ve been saving for my huge trip next summer. I plan to visit China, Korea, Japan, Australia, Indonesia. Then Europe, where I plan to visit Italy, France, Romania, Netherlands, etc!

I`m very excited already, and I really want to make some friends from the countries I just mentioned. I also would love tips about everything, what to see, where I should visit etc.

Please help me!

xx, Aase.

babyviolet

Re: Traveling around Asia, Europe, and America summer 08!

Post by babyviolet » Jun 27th, '07, 22:51

aawang wrote:Hi,

I`ve been working a lot lately, because I`ve been saving for my huge trip next summer. I plan to visit China, Korea, Japan, Australia, Indonesia. Then Europe, where I plan to visit Italy, France, Romania, Netherlands, etc!

I`m very excited already, and I really want to make some friends from the countries I just mentioned. I also would love tips about everything, what to see, where I should visit etc.

Please help me!

xx, Aase.
Hi aawang,

I'm Indonesian so maybe I could give you some tips. what would you like to see? If you like beach or surfing you could go to Bali.

aawang

Post by aawang » Jun 29th, '07, 11:49

Hi!

I don`t quite know what I really want to see, since I want to see so much!
I would like to see beaches, historical monuments, beautiful scenery and everything!

Bali, I might consider that!
Any other tips?

spacecommand

Post by spacecommand » Jun 30th, '07, 01:46

Make sure you have a passport, and the appropriate Visas to visit some of the countries you mentioned, such as China.

ginny_lunallena

Post by ginny_lunallena » Jul 2nd, '07, 21:36

wooo my first post here :D
anyway, where in america are you going to?

PIka

Post by PIka » Aug 4th, '07, 19:26

hey, i'm from France, if you come next summer just tell me i'll tell u the best place to go!! (especially in Lyon where u can find the best restaurants ever!!)

aawang

Post by aawang » Aug 4th, '07, 21:28

ginny_lunallena wrote:wooo my first post here :D
I was thinking about New York, San Fransico, or Los Angeles!
I`m not quite sure, but I loved to visit N.Y.

aawang

Post by aawang » Aug 4th, '07, 21:31

PIka wrote:hey, i'm from France, if you come next summer just tell me i'll tell u the best place to go!! (especially in Lyon where u can find the best restaurants ever!!)
Thank you!
I`m traveling to France next summer, but I don`t know where yet. Paris maybe, or Lyon- like you mentioned. It would be nice with lots of tips! Thanks!

PIka

Post by PIka » Aug 6th, '07, 17:49

Me again, I'll spend my vacation in Italy (Roma-Florence and Venize) so if you want to go there, i'll give you some tips too! ^^
besides, I went in LA for a month three years ago, it's an amazing town (and i meet so much nice people over there!! and i visited San Diego Zoo - awesome!!!!!) but i think NYC's more interesting!

deshou

Post by deshou » Aug 6th, '07, 18:03

Wow, thats really a huge trip!!
Maybe I can help if u end up going to Portugal

pokute
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by pokute » Aug 6th, '07, 18:15

aawang wrote:
ginny_lunallena wrote:wooo my first post here :D
I was thinking about New York, San Fransico, or Los Angeles!
I`m not quite sure, but I loved to visit N.Y.
I've lived all my life in Los Angeles, and it's a great place, but New York is like a real-life Disneyland... I'd recommend spending most of your time in America in New York City. There's no other city quite like it. It's the only city I've ever seen that's really active 24 hours a day.

Asianlicious

Re: Traveling around Asia, Europe, and America summer 08!

Post by Asianlicious » Sep 13th, '07, 19:34

aawang wrote:Hi,

Please help me!

xx, Aase.
Hi Aase,
wow you would have saved alot of money then huh?!
Anyways, France and Italy are very nice I can recommend from my experience.
Italy is personally my faveourite country and the €uro there isn't that high rated, not like here in Germany, where lots of goods are so expensive compared to Italy. Go visit Rome, Venezia, Pisa and Milano.

About France, Paris is really nice, but really just for the first time I think (or maybe it's just my opinion, since I only live 6 hours drive from there and been there toooooo many times already). But Paris is really nice! AND if ever you can go to Cote d'azur, that's in Southern France, it has the most beautiful beaches you'll see and if you go there, visit Nizza (Nice) and from there, continue going to Monaco and Cannes ^_^.

Well Netherlands, honestly there's not really something special. Although if I think further, go to Amsterdam and near there, I think it's a suburb called Fallendam or sth. and make a funny TRADITIONAL picture with the cute costumes and big wood shoes. I have one of those pics with my family when I went there for the first time, so that's already a long time ago. I'll try to scan it somehow so y'all can see what I'm talking about.

But if I were you and you're in Europe already, it's definitely worth going to Vienna, Austria or Berlin, Germany for GREAT CITY-sightseeing then.

Hmmpf, I myeslf ill also be going to Korea next year, in my summer vaction *hehe* so I can't say yet something. But I was planing to go from there to Japan, it's much cheaper, than booking one from here.

Well, that's it for now first, hope I could help ya out a little

mannymo

Post by mannymo » Sep 18th, '07, 23:16

I'm from the netherlands and can honestly say it's a bit boring :p. But for tourists on the other hand there are some really nice places to go to (things you'll never see outside this country).

The place Asianlicious is reffering to is called: Volendam, you can take a picture in a special eh 'Volendams' outfit with the wooden shoes.

Amsterdam has a lot of nice sightseeing (cultural monuments, loads of museums). The environment of amsterdam vs all other cities in the netherlands is totally different, feels more open. Maybe because it has more tourists/foreigners. Anywayz i'm not sure what your interests are so can't really give a good answer here. A plus btw is that almost everyone here speaks good english and most are willing to help you out.

Tsukimi13

Post by Tsukimi13 » Oct 9th, '07, 18:05

I'm from France too,sure you'll enjoy your trip
Paris is a beautiful city (i'm living here so...) but i agreewith Asianlicious,only for a first travel because it's very tiring,there is so much noise all the time,so much people...
In summer try to go in the south there are so much beautiful city and beach...

I hope you will have a good trip! (Personnaly i'm going to Japan next summer and i would like to visit Beijing a lot...)