Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

[HKDrama] To Get Unstuck In Time (TVB, 2004)

Discuss chinese drama series here.

How would you rate To Get Unstuck in Time?

Life-altering/Must-see
32%
See it
32%
Probably shouldn't miss it
10%
Probably shouldn't miss it
10%
Only if you have time
15%
STAY AWAY
2%

Total votes: 41

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

[HKDrama] To Get Unstuck In Time (TVB, 2004)

Post by clouds421 » Nov 28th, '04, 22:57

Last edited by clouds421 on Nov 29th, '04, 01:27, edited 7 times in total.

duckie

Post by duckie » Nov 28th, '04, 23:20

Pretty interesting. Love the theme song. :)
The only annoying thing is when they show the same special effect over and over again. :glare:

Takez0
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Takez0 » Nov 28th, '04, 23:39

duckie wrote:Pretty interesting. Love the theme song. :)
The only annoying thing is when they show the same special effect over and over again. :glare:
You mean when the phone connection was made? :D :D

I liked the show, specially the "first" part, the story seemed to flow very fast and didn't drag.

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Nov 30th, '04, 22:53

Yup, that scene was tiresome after a while. It was way too long--could've been shortened.

Honestly, I think this is the best (TVB series) of the year. The others I gave up after initial episodes or fast-forwarded a lot. Aside from homicide cases, I really liked the spirit of it. Oftentimes, they tend to overdo repentance, but here I felt, there IS going back or you can start over after you screw up. That's why I said it was personally therapeutic.

Also the love stories were sweet. Maybe because they were so simple, but for once, love without shouldering all that pressure. None of that I'll die without you or If I can't get you, then nobody can stuff, but still very touching.

GhstDreamer

Post by GhstDreamer » Dec 1st, '04, 23:58

It was my favourite HK dramas of this year. It moved at quite a fast pace and I really liked the way it ended too. Usually in dramas, I tend to be disappointed in the endings (kind of like whenever I watch anime) but I thought the ending for this series was very appropriate and fitting. The characters were very real and you really feel for them.

lilswtangel
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by lilswtangel » Dec 2nd, '04, 15:45

i'm a huge fan of roger kwok and flora chan so i voted see-it

this series was quite interesting from what i remembered since i watched it back in the summer.

however, the ending was not what i expected. but i won't ruin it for everyone. :lol

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Dec 3rd, '04, 04:40

Good review, clouds. Seems very interesting. Two even voted for life altering. :lol Do they have it in mandarin or english subs by any chance?

duckie

Post by duckie » Dec 3rd, '04, 06:10

Takez0 wrote: You mean when the phone connection was made? :D:D
Yes~!

I think the ending was good. Better than the other past series this year. :roll

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Dec 3rd, '04, 23:13

Kai Lien wrote:Good review, clouds. Seems very interesting. Two even voted for life altering. :lol Do they have it in mandarin or english subs by any chance?
I found 3 different batch torrents for the complete series (2 mandarin, 1 cantonese) that came out in late Oct/early Nov, might want to give it a shot, but dunno if there are seeds:
http://s14.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=7603 ... 9AD5BA612F

By the number of votes, it doesn't look like many people have seen it... I have it with Eng subs, and might share low quality encodes later on, but I have such outdated equip so it takes forever. Need to get The Rose moving first.

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Dec 4th, '04, 05:24

Thanks! I'll try it out. :D

alina

Post by alina » Dec 9th, '04, 18:04

This serie was ok. Not good but not bad either. The theme song was the best though. I likethe first part when Flora was good then when she was bad I just fast forwarded the serie. It wasn't interesting anymore. It wasn't worth keeping it so already deleted the entire serie. Now I'm watching The Last Breakthrough. Honestly can say this is the best serie of this year I've seen.

clouds421
Reviewer
Reviewer

Post by clouds421 » Dec 12th, '04, 10:52

alina wrote:This serie was ok. Not good but not bad either. The theme song was the best though. I likethe first part when Flora was good then when she was bad I just fast forwarded the serie. It wasn't interesting anymore. It wasn't worth keeping it so already deleted the entire serie. Now I'm watching The Last Breakthrough. Honestly can say this is the best serie of this year I've seen.
We all have our opinions. Still standing that this is the best series of the year.

I'm a little over halfway through The Last Breakthrough, and I think it has a great topic, and I found it really inspirational in the beginning, made me cry a couple of times, but the character development seems rather flat, and I don't find it realistic enough. Disappointed me a little bit--they're going for a less dramatic atmosphere, but it gets... bland I guess.

In my opinion, The Conqueror's Story is stronger (if not for how they messed up Lau Bong's character), but I would not have understood 40% of the dialogue without help--but refreshing to see correct language being used.

CamCam

Post by CamCam » Dec 30th, '04, 02:43

I'm just curious as to the back up on certain projects translating/timing/subbing issues? There seem to be so many different people working on different series, but there are like 4 different ones that are hella behind. I'm sensing lack of organization somewhere. If I can help in any way......minus the translating (white girl can't read kanji of any sort) holla. Just tell me what program to use and I can figure out the rest...kk....laterz

Sana

Post by Sana » Dec 31st, '04, 09:07

While I do consider this series better than what TVB has be churning out lately, I thought the ending was so hokey!
I mean geez, they spent the whole series changing the future and then in the end, the monk Zhou Buo Tong comes and gives this spiel to the dad about leaving time alone. Er, really... and I thought this whole time that changing the future was a good thing (2/3 of it anyways). :blink And lest not to forget Wheelchair Flora vs. Triad Flora. Yes, he should feel bad about Triad Flora but the one he really loves is Wheelchair Flora. Based on DNA, Wheelchair Flora=Triad Flora but based on personality they are way different. Suppose that they were identical twins, who would Roger really pick?

0nigiri

Post by 0nigiri » Dec 31st, '04, 23:26

It was a good series espcially the first half of it. I especially like the rainbow part and the morse code relationship via the phone. But ohh the second part of the series became very annoying with the very typical misunderstandings and I hate how it ended too. But overall its a good series :D

fayenatic

Post by fayenatic » Jan 20th, '05, 07:55

wasn't the best - but i liked this drama far more than the winners of 2004 at the TVB awards. Flora Chan deserved more credit for her role here.

making_mooz

Post by making_mooz » Jan 28th, '05, 01:56

oooh .. at first, it was REALLY REALLY REALLY good . yes, annoyance with the phone connection scene buhh the theme song was GREAT . and then came the trash with the misunderstandings with the main char and his dad .. and then they changed history . i was sooooooooo angry at how they just messed up that girl's life ! [gets angry just at thinking about it] . i dont think it was the best show of 2004 series ... the twin dragon brothers thingie [ i durno the english name bcuz i'm chinese and only know it baii the chinese name ] was a LOT better . buhh that ending was bad too . haf you realized that none of the TVB series really ends it good ?

Sana

Post by Sana » Jan 28th, '05, 03:48

*sigh* Let me add to the rage. B)
Since Roger knew who "kidnapped" Flora as a child, they could've changed her life for the better and the brother could still be born but nooooooo, they had to leave the messed up timeline alone. Maybe Flora's bro from a different dimension could kick Roger's ass.

leeironchef

Link

Post by leeironchef » Jan 30th, '05, 01:32

Can someone post a link to download this series?

Thanks

baka_neko

Post by baka_neko » Feb 11th, '05, 06:24

once i got past the 'they copied that from frequency, they copied that from *some korean film*"

it became quite good.... but one thing... how could his dad afford a mobile fone back in those times being just a lil police no body??? :unsure:

Takez0
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Takez0 » Feb 11th, '05, 06:33

baka_neko wrote:once i got past the 'they copied that from frequency, they copied that from *some korean film*"

it became quite good.... but one thing... how could his dad afford a mobile fone back in those times being just a lil police no body??? :unsure:
And I don't think there were mobile phones you could carry around in 84, only those car ones, correct me if I'm wrong

baka_neko

Post by baka_neko » Feb 12th, '05, 06:41

making_mooz wrote:oooh .. at first, it was REALLY REALLY REALLY good . yes, annoyance with the phone connection scene buhh the theme song was GREAT . and then came the trash with the misunderstandings with the main char and his dad .. and then they changed history . i was sooooooooo angry at how they just messed up that girl's life ! [gets angry just at thinking about it] . i dont think it was the best show of 2004 series ... the twin dragon brothers thingie [ i durno the english name bcuz i'm chinese and only know it baii the chinese name ] was a LOT better . buhh that ending was bad too . haf you realized that none of the TVB series really ends it good ?
i think the twin dragons thingy one lost appeal half way through...

back to topic... liek most of tvb series left a lot to be desired and many scenes were questionable!

YHY

Post by YHY » Jul 4th, '05, 07:35

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this tv series!!! one of my fav tvb series ^o^, but I think itz kinda sad how his dad just left in the end...iono, but that just gives me a pretty sad feeling... :cry: and then everything changed and stuffz...I dont like that either...well, but thatz the point of the whole series haha...

YHY

Post by YHY » Jul 4th, '05, 07:38

I just read ppl's comments on this series...and many of you say that the theme song is pretty good, but for some reason, I CANT REMEMBER WUT THE THEME SONG SOUNDS LIKE!! >__< and that link for the MV expired :sniff sniff: can anyone tell me where I can dl the theme song?? thanks! :-)

FishyMan

Post by FishyMan » Jul 30th, '05, 12:33

can someone post a torretn to dl??
or help me cuz i saw just 1st chapter... and it seems interesting.. wanna see more

thanks.

beer

Post by beer » Jul 30th, '05, 13:04

Takez0 wrote:And I don't think there were mobile phones you could carry around in 84, only those car ones, correct me if I'm wrong
Actually -- > http://www.i4u.com/article421.html

Motorola DynaTAC 8000X (that doesn't look too different from the phone in the series) was introduced in 1983.

FishyMan

Post by FishyMan » Jul 31st, '05, 05:40

please help me i really want to wathc this..

Sandiiochan

Post by Sandiiochan » May 26th, '06, 14:22

ok...so i noe this topic is abit at the back liao...but it is not bad u noe..at least..the front part is...but when it reached the back...after Morning sir changed 'Nicole's' Past...it wasnt so nice liao..but the story line is still very nice...(as usual) :wub:

flobo craze

Post by flobo craze » Sep 8th, '06, 09:28

i love flora in this series...

unzum

Post by unzum » Dec 1st, '08, 17:05

This is where I'm watching it right now. It's in Cantonese with traditional Chinese subtitles. I can't really understand that much Cantonese or Chinese characters at all, but I'm still just managing to follow it. :)[/url]