outrage!!

Discuss chinese drama series here.
dtran08

outrage!!

Post by dtran08 » Feb 6th, '10, 03:16

there is something that's been bothering me. how come great series like chu liu xiang 2007 and lu xiao feng 2006 have no english subtitles? i see time and time again old series that have already been watch a million times such as legend of the condor heroes and duke of mt. deer being translated while these other series not many have been able to watch have not. not to mention the fact that i keep seeing all these modern chinese korean and japanese drama being translated? i mean geez how much do we need to watch them time and time again? they are all the same with the same sappy and corny love story over and over again don't you people get tired of it? i think it's about time wuxia dramas get some recoginition cuz at least they have a unique themes, cool plots and action. if you wanna watch love stories go watch an american movie or something and that's the truth, end of story.

kissmyarse

Re: outrage!!

Post by kissmyarse » Feb 6th, '10, 03:22

dtran08 wrote:there is something that's been bothering me. how come great series like chu liu xiang 2007 and lu xiao feng 2006 have no english subtitles? i see time and time again old series that have already been watch a million times such as legend of the condor heroes and duke of mt. deer being translated while these other series not many have been able to watch have not. not to mention the fact that i keep seeing all these modern chinese korean and japanese drama being translated? i mean geez how much do we need to watch them time and time again? they are all the same with the same sappy and corny love story over and over again don't you people get tired of it? i think it's about time wuxia dramas get some recoginition cuz at least they have a unique themes, cool plots and action. if you wanna watch love stories go watch an american movie or something and that's the truth, end of story.
If you are so outraged, then go ahead and do the eng subs yourself! What a jerk! Are you paying these guys for the subs? no! so what the heck are you complaining or outraged about? Its free, you take what you get!

raider73

Re: outrage!!

Post by raider73 » Feb 6th, '10, 03:29

kissmyarse wrote:If you are so outraged, then go ahead and do the eng subs yourself! What a jerk! Are you paying these guys for the subs? no! so what the heck are you complaining or outraged about? Its free, you take what you get!
Exactly. Go translate them yourselves and post it here. We have a no requesting of subs here. Haven't seen such an ungrateful post in a while. Beggars can't be choosers.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Feb 6th, '10, 05:29

Wuxia = ancient. Ancient language and terms are hard to translate for your average person these days.

Basically it's sort of like telling people to translate Shakespeare. Your average person will just stare blankly at the screen and go... "well I know what's going on... but I'm not sure how to explain it."

That is the basic reason more wuxia is not subbed. Because every person I know who speaks Chinese loves wuxia (I love it too). But it's such a pain in the ass to translate correctly, so not many people want to do it.

Also.... what Chinese shows are you talking about? Mainland China has a lot of modern dramas with deep, dramatic, and unique plots. Taiwan... not so much.

Kakijun

Post by Kakijun » Feb 6th, '10, 05:51

Subbers sub the shows they want to sub. Not the shows that need subbing.

XrayMind
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by XrayMind » Feb 6th, '10, 06:26

Jeez, starting a thread like this pretty useless. Kakijun in the previous message said perfectly what the answer from all fansubbers. But you sure got my attention and I went through you posting history. You seems to either whining about some series not being some or go round about way after if a series has been sub.

You are going to getting anyone sub anything for you. Locking this useless message topic.
Please do not PM me about seeding any of my old torrents, as most of files that had uploaded are no longer on my computer.