[TWDrama] K.O.3an Guo

Discuss chinese drama series here.
Post Reply

Is K.O. 3anguo worth watching?

Yes, it's really good.
10
77%
Eh, it's something to watch
2
15%
It's crap. The only reason I'm still watching is because I'm stubborn
1
8%
 
Total votes: 13

angel_no.520
Posts: 91
Joined: Jan 17th, '05, 22:18

[TWDrama] K.O.3an Guo

Post by angel_no.520 » Apr 22nd, '09, 12:38

I was wondering if the character Zhao Yun is maybe dubbed?
Because I think the voice sounds familiar.... it sounds like Wu Zun's voice.

User avatar
Puppet Princess
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 15:27
Location: Hawaii

Post by Puppet Princess » Apr 22nd, '09, 16:10

I thought it was Benji's real voice but then I haven't really "watched" enough to be sure. If they were to dub him they wouldn't use Wu Chun. Especially since until recently they dubbed Wu Chun so people could understand him.

User avatar
Resie
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 293
Joined: Jan 26th, '05, 00:27

Post by Resie » Apr 25th, '09, 22:03

Well i have been watching it and I *think* they've either enhanced his voice or they dubbed it with his real voice lol~

Silentwolfdog
Posts: 58
Joined: Jul 21st, '07, 05:40

Post by Silentwolfdog » May 31st, '09, 15:25

Ah I got a few questions if anyone don't mind answering it for me. ^^

I will put it in spoiler tag in case anyone haven't watched ep 1 yet.
What type of noise were classmates making when people mentioned Jiang Gan's name? This is one joke I did not get...lol. I hope I spelled his name right.

Second question is...the actor who played Jiang Gan were in all three series and yet I always wondered why he did not get his own screen in OP? Is there any reason for him not being recognized as one of cast in the show?

Before you ask why I was asking about background sounds...it's because I cannot hear so. Thanks. ^^
There are also deaf fans of Asian drama, so it would help all of us if spoken English is subbed as well even if it is just one word or one sentence out of whole sentences. So we would not be lost when subtitles suddenly disappered when they speak little English.

User avatar
Puppet Princess
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 15:27
Location: Hawaii

Post by Puppet Princess » May 31st, '09, 20:56

I "think" what they say is Gan, hard to tell when they all chant it in unison. Gan is his name of course but they imply later that it can also be a bad word. I'm not to clear on Chinese slang so... *shrug*

Zhang Hao Ming doesn't get an intro in the OP because he's not actually a main or supporting cast character. He plays the comic relief bit parts. Meaning he doesn't have to be in a episode at all and no one will miss him because he doesn't effect the plot much. If you pay attention most of the "small" characters are cast members who were in every Zhong Ji show like Ah Ken and most of the teachers from KO One. This is actually the reason Ah Chord didn't have a intro in the KO One OP but did in X-Fam. He wasn't important in KO One. In X-Fam he was vital to the plot.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 501
Joined: Feb 16th, '07, 01:51
Contact:

Post by ethidda » May 31st, '09, 21:13

Yes, "gan" in 4th tone means to do, which has become the bad 'f' word equivalent in English.

For an interesting case of bad mistranslations go here: http://www.languagehat.com/archives/002392.php
Here's a thread regarding bad words (in Chinese): http://www.golivewire.com/forums/peer-y ... ort-a.html

Silentwolfdog
Posts: 58
Joined: Jul 21st, '07, 05:40

Post by Silentwolfdog » May 31st, '09, 23:26

Oh! Thanks.

Even though Zhang's role is small, I found him to be sort of a "mascot" of all three series, one where you can do stuff to him, making him look foolish which is hilarious to watch. Dunno if that made any sense. Poor him being stuck with such name. XD Is third series first time he got stuck with such name? His name in X-Family and KO One does not mean anything?

I checked dramawiki and could not find who this Ah Ken was? Ahh, I am not good at names. ^^;
There are also deaf fans of Asian drama, so it would help all of us if spoken English is subbed as well even if it is just one word or one sentence out of whole sentences. So we would not be lost when subtitles suddenly disappered when they speak little English.

User avatar
Puppet Princess
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 15:27
Location: Hawaii

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 1st, '09, 00:04

lol Ah Ken's real name is Huang Wan Bo.

User avatar
Phillykat
Posts: 139
Joined: Aug 20th, '08, 01:50
Location: Land of Make Believe

Is anyone watching and enjoying K.O. 3anguo?

Post by Phillykat » Jun 9th, '09, 03:59

I just finished episode 2 and aside from Xiu and Zhang Fei, I don't see a reason to watch another episode. Does it get better?

I guess what I'm asking is do we see less and less of the 38 year old fat guy who is missing teeth playing a HS student? Man, I can't stand Zhang Hao Ming. The only actor I hate more than him is Huang Wan Bo and I know he's gonna pop up in this cuz he's a producer. They're both horrible actors and never funny.

User avatar
_Nina_
Posts: 15
Joined: Jul 4th, '08, 02:20

Post by _Nina_ » Jun 9th, '09, 04:23

the story a little mehh, I have been watching it all along as it comes out. I'm at ep 15 now i think. I guess i understand why the rating went up when Jiro popped up in the drama. The plot gets interesting here and there but cheesy and corny alot of the times. But the KO series has all been like this. This kind of show is not for everybody, but if you don't like the corny and cheesy I'd probably recommend not finishing it. It might be a waste of time. But if you are just looking for something to watch, this isn't that bad either.
Translator - Doremii Fansub
Please visit and support us @ http://doremiiscale.blogspot.com/
Image

User avatar
Resie
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 293
Joined: Jan 26th, '05, 00:27

Post by Resie » Jun 9th, '09, 04:27

It'd look pretty strange if I didn't have something to say about this lol

After having subbed K.O. One, then X-Family and now K.O. 3an Guo, I really must say out of the three series, KO3 is by far my favourite series. I'm totally in love with it and I can't stop raving about it. I've watched all the currently aired episodes.

I find it funnier, it doesn't drag and the gibberish content in comparison to the previous two shows is much lower. It also seems to have a more coherent-ish plot line to it since after all it's a parody of Romance of the Three Kingdoms and is more interesting. I also like all the main characters far more than those of KO1 and XF (sorry FRH fans :P )

so yea... :P

User avatar
Puppet Princess
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 15:27
Location: Hawaii

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 9th, '09, 04:30

Basing what you watch on two actors who are filler characters and not main ones is rather stupid if you ask me.

You watched all of KO One and X-Family, didn't you? Hao Ming and A Ken's roles are pretty much the same in every show. They show up when things are slow, make a few cheesy jokes, and then go away. That's why they call them filler. The story is not about them. However, they are usually more present towards the beginning.

KO3 is probably the story in the Zhong Ji series that makes the most sense since it is a spoof of Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I find it funnier that the other two and the cast is much more interesting... but then Fahrenheit acting is always a bit... lackluster.

If you don't like the show as a whole, I'd say don't watch it. But if you just don't want to watch it because of a few actors, then that's a bit shallow.

(For the record... I adore Zhang Hao Ming and A Ken. They are great "b*tch" characters, in every show.)

User avatar
Phillykat
Posts: 139
Joined: Aug 20th, '08, 01:50
Location: Land of Make Believe

Post by Phillykat » Jun 9th, '09, 07:08

Puppet Princess wrote:Basing what you watch on two actors who are filler characters and not main ones is rather stupid if you ask me.

You watched all of KO One and X-Family, didn't you? Hao Ming and A Ken's roles are pretty much the same in every show. They show up when things are slow, make a few cheesy jokes, and then go away. That's why they call them filler. The story is not about them. However, they are usually more present towards the beginning.

KO3 is probably the story in the Zhong Ji series that makes the most sense since it is a spoof of Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I find it funnier that the other two and the cast is much more interesting... but then Fahrenheit acting is always a bit... lackluster.

If you don't like the show as a whole, I'd say don't watch it. But if you just don't want to watch it because of a few actors, then that's a bit shallow.

(For the record... I adore Zhang Hao Ming and A Ken. They are great "b*tch" characters, in every show.)
I didn't say I based my decision on if I like either actor. As you should know Huang hasn't even shown up yet. So don't draw conclusions that aren't there. If you needed clarification, ask before you decide to call people shallow.

User avatar
Phillykat
Posts: 139
Joined: Aug 20th, '08, 01:50
Location: Land of Make Believe

Post by Phillykat » Jun 9th, '09, 07:15

_Nina_ wrote:the story a little mehh, I have been watching it all along as it comes out. I'm at ep 15 now i think. I guess i understand why the rating went up when Jiro popped up in the drama. The plot gets interesting here and there but cheesy and corny alot of the times. But the KO series has all been like this. This kind of show is not for everybody, but if you don't like the corny and cheesy I'd probably recommend not finishing it. It might be a waste of time. But if you are just looking for something to watch, this isn't that bad either.
Thanks for answering. Is it a like a re-tread of the other 2 series? In the first 2 episodes I could basically see the set up like that's the "so and so" character. I was going to watch it because it's the 3rd in the series, but I don't wish to see the same thing over & over. Now that I think of it, you summed it up. It's should be one of the "if you're looking for something to watch shows." Thanks again.

User avatar
Phillykat
Posts: 139
Joined: Aug 20th, '08, 01:50
Location: Land of Make Believe

Post by Phillykat » Jun 9th, '09, 07:33

Resie wrote:It'd look pretty strange if I didn't have something to say about this lol

After having subbed K.O. One, then X-Family and now K.O. 3an Guo, I really must say out of the three series, KO3 is by far my favourite series. I'm totally in love with it and I can't stop raving about it. I've watched all the currently aired episodes.

I find it funnier, it doesn't drag and the gibberish content in comparison to the previous two shows is much lower. It also seems to have a more coherent-ish plot line to it since after all it's a parody of Romance of the Three Kingdoms and is more interesting. I also like all the main characters far more than those of KO1 and XF (sorry FRH fans :P )

so yea... :P
Really!? I was afraid it was going to be a retread of the previous series.
I thought we'd see issues with getting Liu Bei's points up so he & Xiu could switch. Kinda like in the XF.
I was almost half through XF before I heard of KO1. Thinking I had missed something impt. I watched it simultaneously, but I didn't really have to. it was 'ok'. Though it could've used some serious editing, The Beast was kinda funny. My thoughts were if it's going to be the same thing over and over, I could just end with XF. I think I'll give it a couple of more episodes to see if I like it.

Resie, thanks for taking time out to answer. :-)

User avatar
Puppet Princess
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 15:27
Location: Hawaii

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 9th, '09, 08:09

Phillykat wrote: I didn't say I based my decision on if I like either actor. As you should know Huang hasn't even shown up yet. So don't draw conclusions that aren't there. If you needed clarification, ask before you decide to call people shallow.
Actually from what you said that is exactly what it sounded like. Shall we recap...
Phillykat wrote: aside from Xiu and Zhang Fei, I don't see a reason to watch another episode. Does it get better?
I guess what I'm asking is do we see less and less of the 38 year old fat guy who is missing teeth playing a HS student? Man, I can't stand Zhang Hao Ming. The only actor I hate more than him is Huang Wan Bo and I know he's gonna pop up in this cuz he's a producer. They're both horrible actors and never funny.
And so what? The people who LOVE shows that are complete crap because they love the actors are just as shallow. I think you are bit over sensitive. I feel no shame in saying I very shallowly have watched shows I hated because of the yummy factor and refused to watch others because I hated the bad actors in it. The difference was... these actors were the main characters and so that actually had an impact on my shallowness. Side characters who hardly show up is sort of a silly place to get picky. That's like saying, "ew, that's the same set they shot that drama I hated on. I can't watch this anymore." That would be a really silly reason not to watch a show, right?

The basic thing is, it IS another Zhong Ji. All the running jokes apply. All the alternate selfs apply. It is sort of a game of "Ha! It's so-and-so!" The extra cast has always been that way in Zhong Ji. If you subtracted the people you don't like and can find a reason you like the show or want to keep watching, then keep watching. If their isn't enough of a reason for YOU to watch it, then don't. Asking other people if it's worth it is always sort of strange to me since it's MY time to waste and very few people I know have the exact same taste as me. There are maybe 2 or 3 people who I would ever listen to if all they had to say about a show is it's good or bad. I mean, look through the drama recommendation thread. Some people say some of the crappiest dramas ever are amazing and don't elaborate. Others have never seen some of the best because no one famous was in it. This is the shallowness talking. It's not a bad thing, but it's also not going to get you real opinions based on a careful evaluation of acting ability, story telling, or directing style. It's going to get you a whole lot of "OMG he's hot!"

I know a lot of people (for the aforementioned shallow reasons) wont even give KO3 a chance because FRH aren't the leads anymore. And I know a lot of people have never liked the style of show Zhong Ji has been. It IS very cheesy.

So the pluses I can think of are: KO3 is a Classical Chinese story adapted into modern times with a comedic twist. Basically force fed educational material that doesn't make you fall asleep. If you have an interest in Chinese culture this is a good thing. It has a bunch of fresh new actors mixed in with your seasoned ones. Adding fresh blood to the acting pool is always good in my book. Sure some may not be the best actors but then, some of the biggest idols aren't very good actors either. The guys are all cute. Yup, shallow... but they are. Xiu even grows a personality, which is adorable. The girls are all cute. Yi Zhen is one of my favorite actresses; I find her adorable and sweet. Kimi and Pets are also pretty. All the guys have martial arts training so there is actually martial arts IN the show... unlike the last two. The music is amazing. The OST is a construction of Champion, Dong Cheng Wei, Wu Hu Jiang, Pets, and Nylon forming this sort of super band at times. Well actually I don't think Nylon was part of the super band but he is part of the OST. And yes, they all make cameos at some point near the end.

The down side is it IS Zhong Ji. It will be cheesy. There will be lots of puns and bad jokes. There will be slap stick and it wont be everyone's cup-of-tea.

User avatar
Phillykat
Posts: 139
Joined: Aug 20th, '08, 01:50
Location: Land of Make Believe

Post by Phillykat » Jun 9th, '09, 22:39

Wow You actually had the time to type all that bs. Too bad I don't have the time to read it. However it is clear, you have issues.

Why don't you pretend like you can't see my username and I'll do the same for you.

User avatar
Puppet Princess
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 15:27
Location: Hawaii

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 10th, '09, 00:55

WTF?... I have issues?

I wasn't insulting you or being malicious in that post. I spent the time to explain the good things about the show. Details other than "OMG he's hot." But I guess you don't actually care to hear anyone's opinion of the show, you just want someone to flat out tell you "watch it" or "don't watch it."

In that case, "don't watch it." You give off such a negative opinion of it already. I wont waste anymore of my time talking you into something you seem to never had intended to do.

User avatar
wild_berry
Posts: 28
Joined: Jun 23rd, '05, 00:11

Post by wild_berry » Jun 13th, '09, 05:56

I knew this drama quite long time ago but i never gave it a try coz i thought it was somehow stupid...But now everything's changed. I started to love it .I watched it because i saw the poster and the guy with black bandanna catch my attention lols
Now this drama is one of my fav coz it's so entertaining and all the characters are so funny in their own ways. I love how they made it like a parody of Romance Of The Three Kingdoms ^^
------------------
P/s : I love Benji (Zhao Yun) in this drama. He's definitely impressive.
Can someone please update some pictures of him ? ^^
Anyways, Thanks for starting this thread.

User avatar
Puppet Princess
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 15:27
Location: Hawaii

Post by Puppet Princess » Jun 13th, '09, 07:39

Benji picspam!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Warning... Not for little kiddies... or the faint of heart.
Image
Image
Image
Some Shao Xiang pics too...
Again. Warning... Not for kiddies... and REALLY not for the faint.
Prepare to loose motor functions.
Image
Image
And one of Bo Yan cuz he's yummy too.
Image

Silentwolfdog
Posts: 58
Joined: Jul 21st, '07, 05:40

Post by Silentwolfdog » Jun 14th, '09, 03:53

Whew...I need a fan! So hot in here...

Shao Xiang... mmm!

Ahh, so that's what he looks like without black bandanna. He looks alright but as for others...whew. Nice pictures.

Ah yeah it's hot in here.
There are also deaf fans of Asian drama, so it would help all of us if spoken English is subbed as well even if it is just one word or one sentence out of whole sentences. So we would not be lost when subtitles suddenly disappered when they speak little English.

User avatar
wild_berry
Posts: 28
Joined: Jun 23rd, '05, 00:11

Post by wild_berry » Jun 14th, '09, 10:01

Thanks so much for all the pics. (Some of them are just ... lols)
He looks much better in movie than photos though ^^
-----------------
I just wonder... is Xiao Qiao gonna end up with Zhao Yun ?
They seem very cute together :roll

User avatar
pinkcow
Posts: 10
Joined: Jan 9th, '07, 13:46
Location: New York
Contact:

Post by pinkcow » Jun 15th, '09, 02:51

Silentwolfdog wrote:Whew...I need a fan! So hot in here...

Shao Xiang... mmm!

Ahh, so that's what he looks like without black bandanna. He looks alright but as for others...whew. Nice pictures.

Ah yeah it's hot in here.
i agree. he looks delicious...

User avatar
pinkcow
Posts: 10
Joined: Jan 9th, '07, 13:46
Location: New York
Contact:

Post by pinkcow » Jun 15th, '09, 05:25

wild_berry wrote:Thanks so much for all the pics. (Some of them are just ... lols)
He looks much better in movie than photos though ^^
-----------------
I just wonder... is Xiao Qiao gonna end up with Zhao Yun ?
They seem very cute together :roll
Xiao Qiao and Zhao Yun do look cute together. Unfortunately, according to history, she married Zhou Yu. Unless they decide to change the story up, I think that's how it's gonna end up. :[

User avatar
Xia-ya
Posts: 3
Joined: Jun 28th, '09, 02:14

Post by Xia-ya » Jun 28th, '09, 02:21

Omg Benji looks so hawt! *fans self*

I agree how everyone is this drama is different. I mean I still love Farenheit but having them again in a series It will get kinda boring. I love how Xiu is funnier here I love his expressions and He's so cute with Pets. =] The only thing is Selina's sister that was a little stiff but I think she's getting better.

Image
♥靜靜站在你的身邊♥
Icons mabe by xinliyoushu.

Feixiang
Posts: 2
Joined: Jul 11th, '09, 07:31

Post by Feixiang » Jul 11th, '09, 07:34

Where do you guys watch it? I can find the no-sub ones very easily... but I would like to know where do you guys find the ones with subs (if it is download-able then it will be more awesome), I would really love to watch it with my boyfriend. Thanks in advance!

I watched one ep so far and it is funny :lol

User avatar
Puppet Princess
Posts: 1480
Joined: Sep 3rd, '06, 15:27
Location: Hawaii

Post by Puppet Princess » Jul 11th, '09, 07:59

On this website? We have released up to episode 4 so far.

Feixiang
Posts: 2
Joined: Jul 11th, '09, 07:31

Post by Feixiang » Jul 12th, '09, 03:05

Puppet Princess wrote:On this website? We have released up to episode 4 so far.

Ehhh!! Omg LOL Thanks >< Sorry I dont know why it didn't work last time when I tried to search for it @__@ Thank you ^^

sandy_loves
Posts: 1
Joined: Apr 30th, '12, 04:37

YUMMY YUMMY WU HU JIANG

Post by sandy_loves » Apr 30th, '12, 04:38

Puppet Princess wrote:Benji picspam!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Warning... Not for little kiddies... or the faint of heart.
Image
Image
Image
Some Shao Xiang pics too...
Again. Warning... Not for kiddies... and REALLY not for the faint.
Prepare to loose motor functions.
Image
Image
And one of Bo Yan cuz he's yummy too.
Image

WHERE CAN I GET MORE PICS!!!?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest