[TWDrama] Fated To Love You

Discuss chinese drama series here.
Foxyaria

Post by Foxyaria » Jun 11th, '08, 10:19

So true Big Smile Yay for Chen Xin Yi being so pretty and more confident too.
Love the new attitude but hate the hair

I have a thing against heavy fringes. :lol

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Jun 11th, '08, 23:10

yea...shes pretty, but what the hell is up with her hair. Congrats on taking over 3rd place from ISWAK, even though I don't think Fated to Love you deserves it. But I also I don't think Prince Frog and Meteor Garden is better than ISWAK either.

I find it funny Qiao En crying over beating the ratings of They Kiss Again in the behind the scenes, when she already has the highest rating show so far in Prince Frog.

Creme de la Top

Post by Creme de la Top » Jun 14th, '08, 21:10

A record breaking drama. I've seen the ratings - it just keeps on increasing! Yay! And Ethan Ruan is such a good actor - he should breka out of Idol Dramas and further enhance his acting career.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 15th, '08, 10:50

ginny_lunallena wrote:
Foxyaria wrote:The lead is good looking but his eyebrows keep distracting me.

Dylon wins the hottness award hands down.
lol i totally agree! i think of worms when i see his eyebrows :lol
Eyebrows - not the issue with me. But Dylan hot? Maybe, then maybe not. His nose is so pinched; I wonder whether he has had a nose job? He's the one that's distracting.

ginny_lunallena

Post by ginny_lunallena » Jun 15th, '08, 15:04

lucypcng wrote:
ginny_lunallena wrote:
Foxyaria wrote:The lead is good looking but his eyebrows keep distracting me.

Dylon wins the hottness award hands down.
lol i totally agree! i think of worms when i see his eyebrows :lol
Eyebrows - not the issue with me. But Dylan hot? Maybe, then maybe not. His nose is so pinched; I wonder whether he has had a nose job? He's the one that's distracting.
Oh I've noticed that too, man.. that would be such a turn off :blink

xstarl1ght

Post by xstarl1ght » Jun 16th, '08, 02:21

I think Dylan is hotter than Cun Xi. xD
And what is up with Xin Yi's hair. >_<; in ep. 13 even though I didn't watch it yet. It's so... old looking. i like her old hair style better... well.. i guess she's old.. she's like 28.. v__v;;

lui_sneakers

Post by lui_sneakers » Jun 16th, '08, 21:58

I am sooooooooooooooo addicted to this show. Ethan Ruan is sooooooooooooo hot and Joe Chen is freagin adorable (I've loved her since The Prince That Turned into a Frog). This is the best TWDrama that I've ever seen. :mrgreen:

Foxyaria

Post by Foxyaria » Jun 17th, '08, 20:08

Until now I would have bet money on Anson being gay and dating the doctor.

After ep 14 I realise that despite the general greatness of Dylon I am a CY/CX shipper.
When he finally finds her, after all the near misses over the statue, I was grinning like a fool. Love everything about the club scene.

I really didn't get the symbolism of the horse until CX had those flashbacks, a nice touch to their shared loss which might get forgotten in all the future love angst.

I truely love the bit at the begining though, Anna is trying to be the perfect daughter-in-law due to her guilt, I'm betting, and the Ji's are just missing CY, take that evil child killer!

And from the shallow end, may I just say thank you ptb :salut: thank you the pool and shower scenes :w00t: were much appriecated.
Disjointed ramble moi?

Xin Yi

Post by Xin Yi » Jun 19th, '08, 06:27

I agree i LOVE this drama I can't get enough of it ^_^

lulurz

Post by lulurz » Jun 19th, '08, 12:10

vancoland wrote:yea...shes pretty, but what the hell is up with her hair. Congrats on taking over 3rd place from ISWAK, even though I don't think Fated to Love you deserves it. But I also I don't think Prince Frog and Meteor Garden is better than ISWAK either.

I find it funny Qiao En crying over beating the ratings of They Kiss Again in the behind the scenes, when she already has the highest rating show so far in Prince Frog.
why doesn't it deserve it? I think not ONLY teens watch this show now~~ cuz ratings of 10 is REALLY HIGH~ like more than 6 million ppl in TW are watching this.. I think it deserves it cuz there aren't many dramas that I watched past epi 4~ ..(even when I'm a fan of the idol I still can't bear the bad show!... and I don't have a special connection to the actors in Fated..)

therefore

I don't agree with you~~

I think this drama is a good idol drama~ much better than ISWAK imo~ (well I'm enjoying this one a lot more even tho I think Ariel, Jiro and Joe Cheng are idols I like more hahah.. it's contradicting eh? but i can separate IDOLS watching and GOOD DRAMA watching haha.. )

I dont usually follow TW idol dramas because I don't like the No-depth script... i mean.. OK.. plot can be CLICHE but SCRIPT has to be good!

.. PLUS a majority lot of the dramas ONLY have pretty faces and no good production team.. like bad pacing, bad acting from the supporting cast , bad script, music, filming etc... ANYHOW (maybe I'm getting old) so I have less and less patience to stand bearing through such a painful show .. that's why I like Japanese idol dramas more because it's pretty faces + production is usually very serious..

--> even when the main characters ( idols ) acting is mediocre with a good execution of a good script, supporting cast and production team, the drama can be a good watch

ISWAK i think the story is really cute (the manga) , has a lt of potential but the execution by the Taiwanese was a major letdown (and I really like the main 2 actors.. ariel and joe cheng I think they can act but really. the pacing of the show is bad and the script (like the dialogues) is.. welll.. i must say..really boring ...and awkward.... even tho I think Joe and Ariel both are good actors!! .

. it got popular mainly of the cast (hence ppl chose to abandon it in the 2nd season cuz ppl found Fated better from couple epis on and decided to watch Fated LIVE instead of ISWAK)

Whereas in Fated u can see that even tho the storyline is Cliche (like in most idol dramas i guess.). BUT , the pacing is fast. doesn't drag much (i'm on Epi 6) ,and the scenes will make the audience actually get touched!
it's a Bonus that the cast can actually carry out some solid acting~ so it's better than no acting with a good script~

~ esp i wanna add that the supporting cast is really good (like they are actually good actors .. for eg: I love XYs MOM ! she's REALLY GOOD,,, I checked her out and she got BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS in Golden Horse award before.. ~ I was like "no wonder I find her really good"

and Qiao En is good actress too! I never watched her act because I refused to watch Frog Prince because I don't dig Ming Dao and the 5566 ppl much hahah~~ can't stand non-pretty boys in idol dramas hahaha :X~

Qiao En .. she's one of the few TW idol drama actresses that actually CAN act decently and not just pretty face..I was touched a couple times by her! . Ethan and "Dylan"(what's his name) are not bad too (and cute boys are always a good watch :D) ... (@ least they know more than just "reading the lines and look hot" like some.. emm.. the Fahrenheit boys :X)

well Fated I'm just epi 6 now.. hope it doesn't disappoint as I watch on!

like most of you I find this really good and so far I'm addicted !! I watched 6 epis in a row saturday last weekend!

XY/CX are so cute!! and Dylan is sucha hot guy!!!

(sorry I just realized I typed a lot !)

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 21st, '08, 00:32

lulurz wrote:
vancoland wrote:yea...shes pretty, but what the hell is up with her hair. Congrats on taking over 3rd place from ISWAK, even though I don't think Fated to Love you deserves it. But I also I don't think Prince Frog and Meteor Garden is better than ISWAK either.

why doesn't it deserve it? I think not ONLY teens watch this show now~~ cuz ratings of 10 is REALLY HIGH~ like more than 6 million ppl in TW are watching this.. I think it deserves it cuz there aren't many dramas that I watched past epi 4~ ..(even when I'm a fan of the idol I still can't bear the bad show!... and I don't have a special connection to the actors in Fated..)

therefore

I don't agree with you~~

I think this drama is a good idol drama~ much better than ISWAK imo~ i can separate IDOLS watching and GOOD DRAMA watching haha.. )

I dont usually follow TW idol dramas because I don't like the No-depth script... i mean.. OK.. plot can be CLICHE but SCRIPT has to be good!

.. PLUS a majority lot of the dramas ONLY have pretty faces and no good production team.. like bad pacing, bad acting from the supporting cast , bad script, music, filming etc... ANYHOW (maybe I'm getting old) so I have less and less patience to stand bearing through such a painful show ..

--> even when the main characters ( idols ) acting is mediocre with a good execution of a good script, supporting cast and production team, the drama can be a good watch

Whereas in Fated u can see that even tho the storyline is Cliche (like in most idol dramas i guess.). BUT , the pacing is fast. doesn't drag much (i'm on Epi 6) ,and the scenes will make the audience actually get touched!
it's a Bonus that the cast can actually carry out some solid acting~ so it's better than no acting with a good script~

Qiao En .. she's one of the few TW idol drama actresses that actually CAN act decently and not just pretty face..I was touched a couple times by her! . Ethan and "Dylan"(what's his name) are not bad too (and cute boys are always a good watch :D) ... (@ least they know more than just "reading the lines and look hot" like some.. emm.. the Fahrenheit boys :X)

well Fated I'm just epi 6 now.. hope it doesn't disappoint as I watch on!

like most of you I find this really good and so far I'm addicted !! I watched 6 epis in a row saturday last weekend!

XY/CX are so cute!! and Dylan is sucha hot guy!!!

(sorry I just realized I typed a lot !)
I completely agree with you on the above points about good acting and execution. IMO, Prince turned to Frog is much better acted and is a far better executed show with the better OST than ISWAK. I was surprised at how well the idols in Frog Prince were acting (never thought much of this type of shows). I like Meteor Garden better because yes, the guys were cute, and the girl acted very well. The story was unique and the OST was great. I would go so far to say that I prefer Smiling Pasta to ISWAK 1 (I didn't watch ISWAK2, not even a minute of it). Even though Cyndi's whiny voice in Smiling Pasta was an annoyance, in the context of the series, it was cute at most times. However, Ariel's grating voice irritated me to no end. Granted, ISWAK was a beautifully executed series with some intense moments which I enjoyed, but somehow, something in the series didn't connect with me totally. In other words, I was mesmerised sometimes, but not addicted. So maybe it is the age difference. When we are older, we are not content to just sit back and adore. We want more depth before we dispense with our affection. We are not satisfied with just pretty faced idols; we demand pretty faced actors too. And we want a good story (never mind if it's been told before) with good execution, backed by a great OST. I know why Meteor Garden, Fated Love and Frog Prince are above ISWAK. Three cheers to the art of acting and artistic creation!

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jun 21st, '08, 00:50

I also agree, when I first started the show I didn't think that it deserved such high rating but as I watched on Fated to Love You has become my favourite Taiwanese drama to date, Second on my favourite dramas of all time(Right next to Dae Jang Geum, ;D) Anyways, I was a little dissapointed when Joe cried when they beat They Kiss Again because at that point I still loved They Kiss Again since I finished it before starting Fated to Love You. For episode 12, I swear, I have never, literally, never cried so much in my life. They acted really good during that episode, especially when...
Xin Yi was crying for her mom not to let Cun Xi to come into the hospital room.
That scene reminded me of MARS when Chen Ling was trying to see if Qi Luo had been harassed. That scene also made me cry because the acting was just SOOOO good. Dx Those types of scenes get to me the most. Which makes them some of my favourites because they're unforgettable.

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Jun 21st, '08, 03:43

gawd that was a long essay lulurz...haha. I got your point but I still have to disagree with you on Fated To Love being better than ISWAK. If you're talking about TKA being draggy and not better than the first season, than I can totally understand. I bet if Fated had a second season, it wouldn't be as good as the first either. I'm already getting bored with Fated right now because they're basically dragging the episodes further. I didn't watch ISWAK because Ariel and Joe were popular, I didn't even know they existed til I watched that drama. I still watch ISWAK over sometimes, because its still good the second time around, but I can't say that about Fated. Fated leaves you in suspense at the end of the episodes, but once you watched it all, you know whats going to happen so the thrill is gone. I guess we just have different opinions on things.
IMO, Prince turned to Frog is much better acted and is a far better executed show with the better OST than ISWAK
You're kidding right? That scene where Qiao En gets hit with a pebble in Prince Frog...is as ridiculous as most moments in Smiling Pasta (the fakest show ever OMGBBQ, but good xiao wu gui song, lolz). IMO, ISWAK OST is one of the best, and is far better than the boy and girl bands that comprised Prince Frog's OST.

rambutan
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by rambutan » Jun 21st, '08, 06:17

I guess we have different tastes, that's all. I can't remember much from ISWAK, except I was glad it finished, and Ariel's grating, annoying and childish voice that was a total turn off. Maybe Ariel's voice and acting is one main reason I never tuned into ISWAK fully and avoided TKA like the plague. On the other hand, I must have watched Frog Prince >10x and Smiling Pasta 4x (or more).

Dramasaresuicide

Post by Dramasaresuicide » Jun 22nd, '08, 03:32

I Love LOVE LOVVVE this show. Its f-ing amazing. ITS UNlike any other drama i've watched so far, although somewhat cliched, it is executed very well. ;]. ahh those funny times. ..You can sympathize with the characters b/c they truly convey their emotions. the actors work well together and you will defin. cheer and be depressed after certain events. They dont try to be cute and it works, the bubbliness GONE with the wind, the cheesiness of most dramas, although she did annoy me with her passiveness.. well lets see what happens this sunday. and WATCH IT> > pleaase!? :salut: and .. OMG at her transformation.

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Jun 24th, '08, 05:01

FTLY is getting more and more addictive each episode, it's such a GOOD drama. How funny was episode 14 I was just laughing most of the time XD Ahh can't wait for more :D

tazanya

Post by tazanya » Jun 25th, '08, 03:25

Although I have not yet seen ep14. I totally love this drama and to think I almost stopped watching til the subs were complete. I felt like the Jung Mu Island family was a bit irritating, but in the last couple of episodes I have really liked how they protected Xin Yi.

Great Show.

pnbuy

Please Tell me

Post by pnbuy » Jun 25th, '08, 06:03

Please help me! I don't understand Chinese of EP 14 preview but I saw in the comment that Cu Xi are married with Anna ..... This is real or not??? Please tell me
I will die wanting to know

akiko-chico

Re: Please Tell me

Post by akiko-chico » Jun 26th, '08, 02:52

Yes it's true Anna is his fiance
pnbuy wrote:Please help me! I don't understand Chinese of EP 14 preview but I saw in the comment that Cu Xi are married with Anna ..... This is real or not??? Please tell me
I will die wanting to know

naive_nostalgia

Post by naive_nostalgia » Jun 29th, '08, 23:31

Anna is just way too evil. Things could have gone much more smoothly in episode 15 if it weren't for what she did a few episodes back.

tepaj

Post by tepaj » Jun 30th, '08, 17:46

I wouldn't say evil, but desperate for love. It seems she lacked love from her mother so she didn't want to lose CunXi. It's inevitable, Anna already knows that she will lose in the end. She just doesn't want to face the reality of it yet.

Cannot wait for the next episode to be subbed and released! :D

naive_nostalgia

Post by naive_nostalgia » Jul 1st, '08, 22:55

Me neither.<33

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jul 2nd, '08, 08:53

D:< I'm sooo pissed. I just read a spoiler for episode 16, I hate when people don't use spoiler tags...

noonie

Post by noonie » Jul 2nd, '08, 09:12

most of the regular subber sare having issues so they will be late I found the link for the subbed ep 16
http://show-links.tv/Fated_to_Love_You/
its not bad as far as the subs go

noonie

Post by noonie » Jul 4th, '08, 20:31

does anyone know where i canread the manga for this show..if it is online

Foxyaria

Post by Foxyaria » Jul 5th, '08, 11:41

noonie wrote:does anyone know where i canread the manga for this show..if it is online
I haven't seen it but if you manage to find it somewhere (subbed) please let me know. I'd love to read it myself.

keaiclam

Post by keaiclam » Jul 6th, '08, 23:51

I've only seen a few episodes so far, but I love it haha.

I'm starting to like the two leads as a couple.

Pretty funny ^^ I like the songs too ^^

haruna_hamasaki

Post by haruna_hamasaki » Jul 7th, '08, 00:14

How many episodes are there in this drama?

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jul 7th, '08, 00:21

noonie wrote:does anyone know where i canread the manga for this show..if it is online
I don't think theres a Manga, theres a novel though.
You can read it online at http://www.ftly.blogspot.com

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Jul 8th, '08, 07:58

Episode 17 is great, this drama just gets better and better :D

I think I'm gonna read some of that book, which is a first! Coz I'm not really into reading, but this drama is soo cool and I read the last couple of chapters from the site (thank you for posting it up btw and subbing the series, u guys truly rock!!!) it is quite interesting.

Soo can't wait till the finale :w00t:

Foxyaria

Post by Foxyaria » Jul 8th, '08, 15:36

From my understanding the novel follows the original storyline and the manga is the fleshed out, we now have 20/22 epsisodes to fill, shangai version.

The manga is pretty much spoilers for the rest of FTLY.

floakatrixie

Post by floakatrixie » Jul 9th, '08, 02:49

I am totally addicted to this drama. It is really good. There were no boring parts and I look forward to it each week !

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Jul 31st, '08, 01:18

Ah, I feel bad for Anna now. She basically lost everything.
I wonder if when she finds out Dylan is her brother, It'll be a tearjerker part. I wonder how it will all turn out.
This drama is so unpredictable. Definitely the best drama of 2008.

chaegyeong

Post by chaegyeong » Aug 15th, '08, 14:44

best ep so far for me is ep12. i totally bawled. who here uses (azureus) vuze and wants to be my friend? pm me? :)

Kimandtmf

Post by Kimandtmf » Aug 16th, '08, 19:31

So randomfs has decided to stop releasing torrents& DDL... they'll be uploading their work at youtube ... I didn't find any "downloadable" subbed version of Fated to love you (only overstream,youtube,crunchyroll,mysoju..) Were they the only one ? :-(

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Aug 17th, '08, 06:09

Kimandtmf wrote:So randomfs has decided to stop releasing torrents& DDL... they'll be uploading their work at youtube ... I didn't find any "downloadable" subbed version of Fated to love you (only overstream,youtube,crunchyroll,mysoju..) Were they the only one ? :-(
Are you serious? Have they stopped releasing on DAddicts? I hope not :cry:

Kimandtmf

Post by Kimandtmf » Aug 17th, '08, 09:21

akiko-chico : yes i'm serious they've decided to stop releasing their sub here go to their blog and see for yourself ...

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Aug 18th, '08, 07:51

Kimandtmf wrote:akiko-chico : yes i'm serious they've decided to stop releasing their sub here go to their blog and see for yourself ...
That's sooo sad :cry: I hope someone will take it up and finish the last couple of episodes.
I did read their blog and it's ashame that there are a certain few who truly don't understand the time it takes to sub a series *sigh*

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Aug 18th, '08, 07:53

No they are not dropping it, they just wont release them on d-addicts, only on YouTube.

chaegyeong

Post by chaegyeong » Aug 18th, '08, 10:33

they did say they will only release it on youtube "unless otherwise appealed''. so if there are more of us who wants the downloadable version, go appeal in their blog. you can post without joining.

marspeach

Post by marspeach » Aug 18th, '08, 14:00

AH! Everyone appeal them not to! There are only a couple episodes left!! How disappointing.

lovenyc52

Post by lovenyc52 » Aug 18th, '08, 15:39

i read in the message board of the 19th ep they released, that someone had been uploading their work onto a veoh site, after they expressly asked people to NOT upload their work onto streaming sites (as do most fansubbers i believe). so they have stopped providing torrents :( i didn't know about this appealing process on their blog - totally gonna go do that now... i LOVE their work and really hope they continue to provide us with awesome subs ;)

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Aug 19th, '08, 09:10

lolz...im having a good laugh reading some of the comments on their forum. Frankly, I'm pretty glad they stopped subbing and distributing. When theres no subs, theres no one to complain. People should learn how hard it is to sub one episode. Even though its only a few people complaining, it only takes one person to ruin your mood and stop you from doing something you're doing for FREE.

its taken that there will always be someone ignorant and likes to complain how slow everything is, so I think that every subber should come in a project knowing this. But I don't blame them for stopping a drama half way. Frankly, I could give 2 cents about complainers, I learned chinese for a reason, so I don't need subs, but I'll always be grateful to subbers. They do something they love and distribute it to people, and I could always learn more chinese from the subtitles.

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Aug 20th, '08, 05:54

Anyone else notice that "Ji Cun Xi" and "Chen Xin Yi" have a cameo in the first episode of Invicible Shan Bao Mei?

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Aug 20th, '08, 22:35

Zealousy wrote:Anyone else notice that "Ji Cun Xi" and "Chen Xin Yi" have a cameo in the first episode of Invicible Shan Bao Mei?

Yes. SBM is by the same team (or rather some of the team) that made Fated to Love You and My Lucky Star. I think it must be an in-joke they like doing, because during the episode with the auction, the main couple from MLS are mentioned and a piece from their jewelry line is sold.

Curiouschance

Post by Curiouschance » Aug 22nd, '08, 18:41

nikkibell84 wrote:
Zealousy wrote:Anyone else notice that "Ji Cun Xi" and "Chen Xin Yi" have a cameo in the first episode of Invicible Shan Bao Mei?

Yes. SBM is by the same team (or rather some of the team) that made Fated to Love You and My Lucky Star. I think it must be an in-joke they like doing, because during the episode with the auction, the main couple from MLS are mentioned and a piece from their jewelry line is sold.
Which episode was that one? I can't remember it lol as it was a while since I watched it lol!

nikkibell84

Post by nikkibell84 » Aug 22nd, '08, 21:58

Curiouschance wrote:
nikkibell84 wrote:

Which episode was that one? I can't remember it lol as it was a while since I watched it lol!

I think it was during episode 9 or episode 10. It's a very brief mention, something like: "Now we have this (something) from E. Shine, designed by AX while one her honeymoon." Something to that effect.

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Aug 22nd, '08, 22:23

I'm scared theres going to be a spoiler so I'm not going to start it until I finish FTLY.

pennyloo

Post by pennyloo » Aug 23rd, '08, 11:49

I watched 23 episodes in 2 days...now its the FINALE!! i will so miss chen xin yi and ji cun xi!!
Mysoju.com ----> the place for all banana chinese.
Where to get the soft subs? srt files....??
Since the files are in either mp4 or rmvb...that means srt files cant be used?
have to convert to avi?

mermaiidsis

Post by mermaiidsis » Aug 24th, '08, 13:15

Last episodee airing tonight OMGGGGGGGG lol :P

ginny_lunallena

Post by ginny_lunallena » Aug 27th, '08, 02:25

so, since we're talking about randomfs, what happened to their forum? they dont even accept comments on their youtube profile :(... Im intoxifornication btw, if anyone remembers me from the forum...

yeuvanhonhieu

Post by yeuvanhonhieu » Aug 28th, '08, 12:18

so randomfs' site is gone. it's been like this for the last few weeks. anyone have any ideas where else we can get the drama from? i really don't like to stream because of the quality and how long it takes to load sometimes.
i really miss their subs :(

ginny_lunallena

Post by ginny_lunallena » Aug 28th, '08, 22:50

ugh i totally agree with you.. i tried to watch the episodes when i was at school and it completely sucked! i hope they come back, i miss the forum, and the staff guys were cool ppl :(

lovenyc52

Post by lovenyc52 » Aug 28th, '08, 22:52

yea i had to watch the rest of the episodes on mysoju... it's totally not the same, but i was desperate to finish the series, so i had to deal. i miss them!

cicilz

Post by cicilz » Aug 28th, '08, 23:13

what happen with their forum its all down.. im so sad no one finished the last few episodes of fated to love you could someone helpppp....

zyrene

Post by zyrene » Aug 29th, '08, 12:59

this is so sad :cry: ... i tried to visit their site moments ago and it was gone so i rush here to find out what happened? seems like nobody knows what happened and if they will continue the sub... i refuse to watched the drama from streaming sites because i still believe in them. i hope they will continue the subs... :-(

alcozar

Post by alcozar » Aug 29th, '08, 13:17

Hope some other group finishes off where RandomFS has left off (not sure if they will finish it or not, don't agree with the youtubing thing as streaming depends on your net connection),, best show i've partially watched in ages since It Started with a Kiss.

Thanks for what has been released and hope you or somebody else completes the series in the near future, seems a shame to leave it with 5 episodes to go....

Skibblu

Post by Skibblu » Aug 31st, '08, 06:58

Love this series <3 Or the beginning of it at least..I was hooked. XD Till Anna came back. mhmm. XD

I think it got draggy towards the end. :whistling: It went from ep 20 to 22 to 24 = =;;;;

Overall, interesting concept at first, though it did kinda fell in the cliche plot later...but it has its own twists =] and I just had lots of fun watching behind the scenes. XDDDDD QiaoEn is ultimate <3

anonymeX

Post by anonymeX » Sep 2nd, '08, 07:20

I just finished this series today, and I really really liked it. It was my first chinese drama, and only the second asian drama i've ever watched. The randomfs subs were really good but i just couldn't wait for the last two episodes, so i went over to overstream and the subs were not that bad.

I've never used mysoju before, but when i google it, it doesn't work for me. Is mysoju closed?

I don't know a lot about chinese dramas, but i do hope there is a sequel or something.... Something, maybe entailing the relationship of the grandma and "that" guy. *trying not to spoil*. or anything else that could be possible.

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Sep 2nd, '08, 10:01

Finally finished watchin it too, and I have to say it was great! Soo sweet it was :roll :thumleft:

mandychan

Post by mandychan » Sep 2nd, '08, 22:04

Awww I just heard that the fansubbers aren't going to release the show anymore.. this makes me sad I hate stream video as well... The picture suck.. I hope as well that someone will ether finish where randomfs left off or make srts. I love this show and it makes me sad that I won't be able to see the rest of it.. :scratch: I guess its cause other people have been stealing.. I donno but it still sucks. :cry:

ginny_lunallena

Post by ginny_lunallena » Sep 2nd, '08, 23:42

what are you talking about? the series is on youtube up to the 22nd episode, (or were you talking about the last episode??) the randomfs forum is gone again tho, but not im starting to wonder if it'll ever be back...

mandychan

Post by mandychan » Sep 4th, '08, 01:54

ginny_lunallena wrote:what are you talking about? the series is on youtube up to the 22nd episode, (or were you talking about the last episode??) the randomfs forum is gone again tho, but not im starting to wonder if it'll ever be back...
I was talking about the fourm being gone. plus the fact that I won't be able to watch it off line .. oh wells :scratch:

Zealousy

Post by Zealousy » Sep 12th, '08, 23:36

Just watched the last episode.
Ahh, I wish it wasn't over. >___<

I actually don't mind streaming if there no other way.
Random FS > Overstream.

Happy ending, kinda wish it didn't end there but now to watch Invincible Shan Bao Mei.

jessiesoon
Malaysia

Post by jessiesoon » Sep 22nd, '08, 16:48

I'm up till episode 14 now...
and i cannot stop myself from crying and watching this drama....
the best Taiwanese drama ever...
i never like Taiwanese drama, but this one...really got my vote..i cannot stop myself from wanting to share it my friends, hoping they'll like it too....

garnet07

Post by garnet07 » Sep 28th, '08, 02:54

OMG how could have I almost missed out on this drama :O I just watched ep1-19 in 3 days and want more of it. The storyline is very unpredictable (well ok not really) but everything is just so done well and it's hilarious. I like how little tidbits of actions in the beginning come into play later on in the series. It's like there are no wasted scenes especially between the 2 leads.
I haven't cried watching a series for a while but the part when Xin Yi had a miscarriage because of the accident had me bawling in tears. Cun Xi and Xin Yi worked hard to be happy with the child but stupid ~Anna ...~ :glare: had to do that. All of the actors actions were dead on and I couldn't help but burst into tears.

Ok, I've seen up to episode 19 and though I know that Anna is Dylan's (haha :lol his name is pronounced as retard in Chinese) sister and had a painful childhood, it's still hard to forgive her.
I really hope Cun Xi and Xin Yi will get together in an unconventional way. Like so far everything about the script is pretty unpredictable which make the scenes flesh out so having them get together in a normal way will only ruin the mood of the story. Still here's hoping that the next subbed episodes will come soon.

Ok, after reading the rest of the comments from others:

I think this is a WHOLE LOT better than ISWAK / They Kiss Again, because it seems more believable and the script is solid. I fast forwarded most of the scenes on ISWAK especially when it has the scenes of Ariel Lin doing her dumb acts. And Ariel Lin is the lead for those shows. Fated to Love You totally deserves its high ratings and recognition for its amazing actors. I liked Chen Qiao En ever since I watched her in Prince Turns to Frog because of her spunky and smart personality. But this drama made me totally love her acting even more. Her emotional scenes were so touching which Ariel Lin or any other Taiwanese actresses IMO cannot do. This role is perfect for her and being called the Taiwanese Drama Queen is right on.

Not to forget the leading man Ethan Ruan, he's such a cutie even when he makes a fool of himself. Can't believe the goofy guy from Green Forest can do emotional scenes so well and still have time to act as a clown.

The choice of putting both of these 2 actors together was one of the reasons I kept watching the series. Good job to both of them.

Last EDIT:

What happened with the subbers!! Huh they stopped distributing here at D-addicts but instead took a road which fansubbers hardly take and posted it on streaming sites only. Unbelievable, how could they do that. I mean they should have made it stay in d-addicts and not stream sites. There goes your supporters. Oh and what happened to their site anyways. It seems dead.

Teardrop

Post by Teardrop » Sep 28th, '08, 08:01

randomfs sub the episodes to the end. They just didnt post it on daddicts and instead uploaded them to streaming sites. If u looked hard enough u'll find episodes 20-24 on youtube subbed by randomfs

jessiesoon
Malaysia

Post by jessiesoon » Sep 28th, '08, 13:42

finished all episode last week and then, i cannot stop myself from re-watch those funny scene...
her mother is super funny....with every sentence ended with "er"...hahaaa!!!
i am so loving this drama....

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Sep 29th, '08, 02:47

Does anyone know if someone will take up the last couple of episodes for this drama?

ayshaella

Post by ayshaella » Oct 11th, '08, 21:04

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

im sooo luving this drama...

awww. so sad. no more downloadable files for FTLY (ep 20-24) available here at DA.

watching it over 'overstream' can lessen the 'feel' to the drama. :D

maybe we (ALL SUPPORTERS of FTLY) could have a signature-campaign-request for the last 5 episodes to other fansubbers? :pray: :pray: :pray: i really really hope one fansubber group can finish it....

saigo_x

Post by saigo_x » Oct 12th, '08, 03:52

Please stop criticizing Random FS. All you people are doing is making more fansubbers and other people who contribute want to walk away.... :glare:

FKNMAGGiE

[TWDRAMA] - FATED TO LOVE YOU EP20-24

Post by FKNMAGGiE » Oct 15th, '08, 07:14

anyone wanna upload for me i cant find a decent one

ginny_lunallena

Post by ginny_lunallena » Oct 26th, '08, 18:34

subbed or raws?

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Nov 1st, '08, 05:58

Hey I found a site that has the rest of the eps for FTLY english subbed, the links are below. Enjoy :D

Ep 20 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O1KNYS24
Ep 21 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZLCDCST0
Ep 22 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CJKXF9CN
Ep 23 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BR007YVJ
Ep 24 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1P7YGRLG (part 1)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JOEIC816 (part 2)

I would also like to thank Silent Regrets for completing the english subs *cheers* :salut: :heart:

All eps now complete woohoo :cheers:

akiko-chico

Post by akiko-chico » Nov 1st, '08, 06:00

Guys go to this forum: http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_66326.htm
I have posted up the links for the rest of the eps :cheers: