[TwDrama] Romantic Princess (CTV/GTV, 2007)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 20th, '07, 22:38

narutaru wrote: I just hope that they NEVER EVER put any of the Fahrenheit boys with Cindy Wang in anything.
*Shivers*
Don't jinx it!

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Sep 20th, '07, 22:54

Puppet Princess wrote:
narutaru wrote: I just hope that they NEVER EVER put any of the Fahrenheit boys with Cindy Wang in anything.
*Shivers*
Don't jinx it!
I agree, I think it would be the most horrendous pairing ever... perhaps.... >.>
Touch wood it will never happen.

narutaru
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by narutaru » Sep 20th, '07, 23:01

Ick I hope I didn't jinx it.

I feel I might have to watch RP. I am not sure if I can handle all the hotness though.

bobodybob

Post by bobodybob » Sep 20th, '07, 23:11

narutaru wrote:Ick I hope I didn't jinx it.

I feel I might have to watch RP. I am not sure if I can handle all the hotness though.
Me too, I may not be able to handle it...... *nosebleeds* I guess I'll have to try, and sooner or later I'll be addicted....

narutaru
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by narutaru » Sep 21st, '07, 01:47

You know your obsession with a pop group has gone overboard when you are willing to spend A$35 for private language lessons....

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Sep 21st, '07, 03:00

XoX wrote:
ethidda wrote:Well, since it's only a 10 episode show--unless they end up adding episodes, which would suck--I would expect it to have a pretty tight plot, if nothing else. I just want to get to the scene where
Calvin tells Angela that the best revenge would be for her to marry WZ (she has to pick one of the four, according to a contract she made with grandpa). So she goes and tells him that she's going to marry him. He says something like "do you hate me/want to make my life miserable" and she says yes.
I don't think that the director will film more episodes. The drama is already done, it's just that if RP gets really popular, the director will just add the scenes that he cut. So, it's sort of like a director's cut of RP. haha.

About the spoiler... is that really going to happen in the drama? Or did u get that from the manga? B/c that sounds really intense.
was this actually from a manga??? does it have the same title?

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 21st, '07, 03:15

The manga is called Romance Godan Katsuyou it's by Kazuko Fujita. I can't find it anywhere.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 21st, '07, 03:23

I'm pretty sure that it's not available in English. And the Japanese version came out October of 1989... 18 years ago. So I'm pretty sure that it is out of print.

You can take a look at this Japanese site, which is a Yahoo! shop page with all four volumes of Four Steps to Romance.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Sep 21st, '07, 03:27

:crazy: ack... i guess i'll just stick with watching the drama. :glare:

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Sep 21st, '07, 04:36

Puppet Princess wrote:
biniBningPunkista wrote:
Puppet Princess wrote:
lol How would anyone know? Episode 2 doesn't air until Sunday.
since someone was able to give a brief summary..
I was responding to the second part of that actually. The "so is it still worth watching after episode 1??" part. Because honestly, I have seen things with awesome first episodes... but they went downhill really fast after that. I hope that wont happen here but who knows... we shall wait and see.

people would never know unless they actually watch the whole show... and because the show isn't even half way done.. all we could do is presume and hope it would come out great.

(i am biased. coz i like angela zhang... and really really hope that this show would turn out great.. i wish she could pull off a nice acting as she did in dolphin bay)

cloudNINE.

Post by cloudNINE. » Sep 21st, '07, 11:46

ethidda wrote:Well, since it's only a 10 episode show--unless they end up adding episodes, which would suck--I would expect it to have a pretty tight plot, if nothing else. I just want to get to the scene where
Calvin tells Angela that the best revenge would be for her to marry WZ (she has to pick one of the four, according to a contract she made with grandpa). So she goes and tells him that she's going to marry him. He says something like "do you hate me/want to make my life miserable" and she says yes.

Wow. I'm really excited now. :D

Thanks for subbing SUBlimes. This series seems like it'll be worth the wait (and not just because of WZ either). :cheers:

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 22nd, '07, 19:27

Some more information on the manga for this series. Here's a page with a LITTLE bit of information:

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=9811

And if you can read (traditional) Chinese, then check out this site. I think that the downloads work... You can try it.

http://www.meiwoo.com/viewnews-23981.html

nadia2007

Post by nadia2007 » Sep 23rd, '07, 14:16

This may sound amateurish. Will Sublime release softsub or hardsub file? Thank You so much.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 23rd, '07, 14:41

nadia2007 wrote:This may sound amateurish. Will Sublime release softsub or hardsub file? Thank You so much.
hardsubs. :-)

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 23rd, '07, 16:26

Was there ever a time SUBlimes did softsubs. I don't remember ever seeing that.

arabian

Post by arabian » Sep 23rd, '07, 17:28

I found the First Ep at veoh with English Hardsub .. it was done by another group..

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 23rd, '07, 17:42

Yes... their lack of concern for quality disturbs me a bit.

I'm talking video not subs... I didn't watch it so I don't know how good they were, because streaming... eww.

Not only did they use icefish (which usually gives me the urge to kill myself while watching) but they only intend to release it on veoh so the crappy video quality is even worse.

I refuse to watch my precious bishies in such crappy quality.

*total quality snob* DVD rips have spoiled me. lol

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 23rd, '07, 19:38

SUBlimes did softsubs for Smiling Pasta and Magicians of Love, although later, hardsub versions were offered as well. Starting with Hana Kimi, SUBlimes stopped offering softsubs.

I also do not watch low quality video. And streaming is a definitely NO! I don't know how people stand to watch it. One of my friends--I might renounce her friend status :P --actually downloads things off of Veoh and YouTube because she doesn't know how to use bittorrent and is too impatient to download a limited # of eps off of ddl sites... But I would never do something like that.

Besides, rest assured. SUBlimes will always provide the best subs. (Although not bad, Delicious Fansubs' version does have regular minor mistranslations.) Nice graphics on their site, but on the DramaWiki site they spelled headquarters "Head Courters". Took me a moment to figure out what they meant. :D

arabian

Post by arabian » Sep 23rd, '07, 19:55

ethidda wrote:SUBlimes did softsubs for Smiling Pasta and Magicians of Love, although later, hardsub versions were offered as well. Starting with Hana Kimi, SUBlimes stopped offering softsubs.

I also do not watch low quality video. And streaming is a definitely NO! I don't know how people stand to watch it. One of my friends--I might renounce her friend status :P --actually downloads things off of Veoh and YouTube because she doesn't know how to use bittorrent and is too impatient to download a limited # of eps off of ddl sites... But I would never do something like that.

Besides, rest assured. SUBlimes will always provide the best subs. (Although not bad, Delicious Fansubs' version does have regular minor mistranslations.) Nice graphics on their site, but on the DramaWiki site they spelled headquarters "Head Courters". Took me a moment to figure out what they meant. :D
Well, I used just to download by torrent & I can say that steaming site provide low quality & I know that cuz me sometimes download from veoh & no comment about the video quality even If I convert it to another format still bad , so for that I just depend mostly on torrent & CB.. :-)

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 23rd, '07, 20:03

ethidda wrote:on the DramaWiki site they spelled headquarters "Head Courters". Took me a moment to figure out what they meant. :D
I laughed so hard when I finally figured that one out. Mostly because it took me so long.

XoX

Post by XoX » Sep 23rd, '07, 21:18

Puppet Princess wrote:Yes... their lack of concern for quality disturbs me a bit.

I'm talking video not subs... I didn't watch it so I don't know how good they were, because streaming... eww.

Not only did they use icefish (which usually gives me the urge to kill myself while watching) but they only intend to release it on veoh so the crappy video quality is even worse.

I refuse to watch my precious bishies in such crappy quality.

I also agree with you... I was really excited when I found out how quick DF's would release RP, but then I found out how bad the video was.

Don't get me wrong, they are amazing for releasing subs within a week of the episode's airing date; but the quality of the video just turned me off. However, the thing that amazed me was how BIG the file was (790 MB). You have got to be kidding me...

I'm also pretty amused at how the fansubbers of SUBlimes and Doremii dominate this thread haha. So SUBlimes is still doing RP, ethidda?

gummonster

Post by gummonster » Sep 23rd, '07, 21:27

where can i find the first episode sub for SP? i know it's done but i can't find it anywhere

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 23rd, '07, 21:28

XoX wrote: I also agree with you... I was really excited when I found out how quick DF's would release RP, but then I found out how bad the video was.

Don't get me wrong, they are amazing for releasing subs within a week of the episode's airing date; but the quality of the video just turned me off. However, the thing that amazed me was how BIG the file was (790 MB). You have got to be kidding me...

I'm also pretty amused at how the fansubbers of SUBlimes and Doremii dominate this thread haha. So SUBlimes is still doing RP, ethidda?
SUBlimes dominates this thread because they are subbing it. DoReMii... because we are Fahrenheit junkies. lol

Woah! 790MB? I think their encoder needs to learn about different codecs and passes because that is just crazy.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 23rd, '07, 21:45

790MB?? O.o That's... HUGE. Especially since Veoh allows .mp4 file uploads.

Considering I just finished translating the first episode about 2 days ago... I'm pretty sure SUBlimes is still doing RP. School has started, though, and SUBlimes has never been a speed subber, as we choose quality over quantity. :)

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 23rd, '07, 21:49

I actually don't even know how they got 790MB out of that file. The original size of the icefish rmvb was 250. How do you almost triple the file size?

Damn... now I'm going to be detracted trying to figure out how they did that.

azngirl911

Post by azngirl911 » Sep 23rd, '07, 22:02

:lol yayyyyyyyy!!! i like angela zhang! can't wait to see this. storyline sounds like a cute love story.
:blink bump off lover was freaky tho..i stopped watching after i saw the 1st episode cuz of the "die" words on her computer. :goggle:

Resie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Resie » Sep 23rd, '07, 22:02

*finally puts in an appearance*
Puppet Princess wrote: I refuse to watch my precious bishies in such crappy quality.

I've spoiled you guys way to much with the KO, XF & LAFF rips haven't I? lol Then again... Must see the precious Calvin in HQ.
XoX wrote: I'm also pretty amused at how the fansubbers of SUBlimes and Doremii dominate this thread haha. So SUBlimes is still doing RP, ethidda?
mmm Fahrenheit junkies... God we spaz sooo much. Puppet and I particulary over Calvin <33 and this gives us the excuse to spaz some more over George :wub:

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 23rd, '07, 22:25

Resie wrote:*finally puts in an appearance*
Puppet Princess wrote: I refuse to watch my precious bishies in such crappy quality.

I've spoiled you guys way to much with the KO, XF & LAFF rips haven't I? lol Then again... Must see the precious Calvin in HQ.
XoX wrote: I'm also pretty amused at how the fansubbers of SUBlimes and Doremii dominate this thread haha. So SUBlimes is still doing RP, ethidda?
mmm Fahrenheit junkies... God we spaz sooo much. Puppet and I particulary over Calvin <33 and this gives us the excuse to spaz some more over George :wub:
Gah! Georgy! He's just too cute. Seriously, the reason the final checks for the next two episodes of LAFF are taking me so long is because I keep gushing over how adorable he is and stop paying attention to the subs... which means I have to do it over.

And Resie... I like being spoiled. :P

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Sep 23rd, '07, 22:35

this is a pretty good drama!! :lol i hope it doesn't drag in the next episodes! ^^ i think angela and wu zun have a cute chemistry together!

XoX

Post by XoX » Sep 23rd, '07, 23:05

Thanks for replying ethidda. I'm glad that you guys are doing it...
I absolutely love SUBlimes' encoding quality and I don't mind if it takes long, just as long as I know that you guys are doing it. And I agree with "quality over quantity".

I also agree that this is a very good and fast-paced drama. I mean, Chun is already showing signs of liking Angela in the second episode!!

Well, then again, they kind of have to start liking each other soon b/c they are going to have TONS of kissing scenes in the drama (even more than Chun's previous project, Tokyo Juliet).

About this thread being dominated by Fahrenheit junkies (well, I'm one myself), I completely agree... I mean, who can't love FLH :P

yamapinku-rabu

Post by yamapinku-rabu » Sep 23rd, '07, 23:11

whoa! really? :blink tons of kissing scenes? LOL! wow, taiwanese dramas nowadays aren't afraid to put those in eh! :lol

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Sep 23rd, '07, 23:19

I know this is a awkward question to ask but.... where do I dl the raws? for TWD? especially for RP?

edit: I feel out of the loop here! :cry:

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 23rd, '07, 23:21

Get raws at bt.icefish.org, bt.ydy.com, or www.btzhe.com

But you need Chinese to be able to read/search those sites.

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Sep 23rd, '07, 23:25

ethidda wrote:Get raws at bt.icefish.org, bt.ydy.com, or www.btzhe.com

next question? what does the Chinese characters look like then?

deBbIE~

Post by deBbIE~ » Sep 23rd, '07, 23:27

You can also get it at http://bt.btchina.net/6feeling/ they have better quality than icefish.
Last edited by deBbIE~ on Sep 23rd, '07, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Sep 23rd, '07, 23:31

deBbIE~ wrote:

You can also get it at http://bt.btchina.net/6feeling, they have better quality than icefish.
thanks but its saying page not found?

deBbIE~

Post by deBbIE~ » Sep 23rd, '07, 23:37

Cammie wrote:
deBbIE~ wrote:

You can also get it at http://bt.btchina.net/6feeling, they have better quality than icefish.
It should work now. :)

Resie
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Resie » Sep 23rd, '07, 23:37

Some people have trouble getting to btchina if they are using Firefox. If you get access refused try using IE or another browser for btchina. It solved that problem for me and a few others :-)
Last edited by Resie on Sep 23rd, '07, 23:39, edited 1 time in total.

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 23rd, '07, 23:38

deBbIE~ wrote:
Cammie wrote:
deBbIE~ wrote:
try the site without the comma.

Babyitshind

Post by Babyitshind » Sep 23rd, '07, 23:40

Delicious Fansubs has allready subbed and posted episode 1 on veoh!

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Sep 23rd, '07, 23:43

ethidda wrote:
deBbIE~ wrote:
Cammie wrote:
try the site without the comma.
thank you! thank you! you guys are the best! :thumright:

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 23rd, '07, 23:48

Babyitshind wrote:Delicious Fansubs has allready subbed and posted episode 1 on veoh!
lol Did you read any posts? That's what we were talking about for the whole last page.
Resie wrote:Some people have trouble getting to btchina if they are using Firefox. If you get access refused try using IE or another browser for btchina. It solved that problem for me and a few others :-)
*nods* I had a panic attack when foxfire stopped working for BTC. No idea why it did that but IE, as much as I hate it, works just fine.

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Sep 23rd, '07, 23:59

公主小妹 found the character for Romantic Princess! I am so happy! thank you everyone for your help!

nadia2007

Post by nadia2007 » Sep 24th, '07, 00:12

Puppet Princess wrote:Was there ever a time SUBlimes did softsubs. I don't remember ever seeing that.
The Magician Of Love... :D

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Sep 24th, '07, 00:18

Maybe I missed it somewhere? " really I am to lazy to search for the the answer sorry!" How come Chinese or Taiwanese raws are not posted here to dl? Like the Japanese raws? :scratch:

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 24th, '07, 00:38

Because they are better seeded on the other sites....

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 24th, '07, 01:13

They do, just not as fast. The icefish version of RP1 is on d-addicts.

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Sep 24th, '07, 01:24

ethidda wrote:They do, just not as fast. The icefish version of RP1 is on d-addicts.
I searched for it on d-addicts torrents page. There was no listing?
Last edited by Cammie on Sep 24th, '07, 02:24, edited 1 time in total.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 24th, '07, 02:15

Here maybe this will make it easier.
Attachments

[The extension torrent has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Cammie

Post by Cammie » Sep 24th, '07, 02:19

OMG! thank you so much!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Wen Jing

Post by Wen Jing » Sep 24th, '07, 03:52

Romantic Princess Episode 02

http://down.gogobox.com.tw/stickwitu/igvt

Haven't watched it yet >.<

lilsushi213

Post by lilsushi213 » Sep 24th, '07, 05:21

Kissing scenes?
PLENTY OF THEM?

I THINK I JUST FELT MY HEART BREAK.
:cry:

Hahahahaha...:D Jealousy runs through my veins...But then I'll get over it. Hahahahha.

Mann..Calvin and Chun sure look very handsome..............*drooools* Gosh, it's amazing how mesmerizing they are. :wub:

Since I'm anxious to watch, I'll watch first without subs and when Sublimes releases their lovely subbed versions...I'll watch again. :) No harm. Hehe.

Big supporter of both Sublimes and DoReMii. :)
Everyone's a winner in my book. :thumright:

Mack

Post by Mack » Sep 24th, '07, 14:11

Is it me or has there been a lot of ungrateful people around?
Just by glancing at page 7 I feel sorry for Delicious Fansubs! To think that they spent so much time subbing an episode and then getting this kind of feedback?
If you people aren't satisfied with the quality or the language or whatever, then sub it yourselves! I can't believe that there are these kinds around, Delicious Fansubs spent their spare time on subbing for our pleasure! Have you no manners at all? Even if you aren't satisfied with the quality, why don't you keep it to yourselves?!

The conversation has been nothing but rude and disrespectful!
Thanks to you ungrateful little critics they have chosen to stop the whole thing! They will not release any more hardsubs on Romantic Princess, you guys must feel so proud! You ruined our chances of watching a perfectly fine drama with subtitles, because you had no idea how to shut up!

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Sep 24th, '07, 14:50

can the people who posted on page 7 just re-read what they posted????

how could you diss the video and subs so much when its not your effort?
i know you are just being critics and everything... dissing about a sub is just too much.
just say you don't like the drama then shut up and get the hell out of the thread.

stop dissing their work...!
sub it your self or get the HQ raw yourself.
and you call yourself a fansubber, goody-goody or whatever you think of your selves.
what the hell is up with you people???
not even an ounce of modesty can be seen on your posts...
arrange your life please!!!

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 24th, '07, 16:06

Alright, I stand corrected, and apologize for any uncalled for comments that I made towards Delicious Fansubs.

However, it would serve them well to find a better way to encode their final videos. Although fansubbers sub the dramas for free, we should still strive to do our best, and part of that is presenting the final product, including video quality and file compression. All it requires is a bit of extra literature, as there are sites and sites about video encoding.

cloudNINE.

Post by cloudNINE. » Sep 24th, '07, 16:18

Honestly, I was really disappointed by what I read on page 7. Some of the comments were just plain distasteful and down right rude. I can understand that there were some issues with their subs and the size of the file, but for everyone involved to handle it in such an immature manner was appalling.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but instead of offering CONSTRUCTIVE criticism to a relatively new subbing group, you chose to degrade their work. I'm a fan of all of the subbing squads that choose to release their work for the public, since it is something that I cannot do and probably will never be able to do, but just understand that this whole situation doesn't encourage others who are out there and interested in fansubbing to do so in the future.

Yes SUBlimes is probably more than pissed that another group started subbing a drama that they had planned to sub, but that issue should have been handled privately between the subbing groups involved.

:glare:

And sadly, I don't think an apology would even rectify the situation. The members of Delicious FS seem genuinely hurt by everything that was posted.

tasmaniandevil

Post by tasmaniandevil » Sep 24th, '07, 16:54

hey can anyone upload 2nd episode of romantic princess subbed by 6th sense when it is ready? cuz i cant seem to get into forum0086, i dunno y. thanx alot in advance :D

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 24th, '07, 17:04

biniBningPunkista wrote: can the people who posted on page 7 just re-read what they posted????
I did. Did YOU? What I said was barely insulting. It was mostly a comment on icefish. The only connection that I made to DFS is that they chose to present their "hardwork" with such poor quality video. Isn't it normal to think that if you are going to put in so much work you would not want to drag it down with poor quality video when a higher quality is available?

Mack wrote:Is it me or has there been a lot of ungrateful people around?
Just by glancing at page 7 I feel sorry for Delicious Fansubs! To think that they spent so much time subbing an episode and then getting this kind of feedback?
This makes them different from every other fansub group how?
Mack wrote: If you people aren't satisfied with the quality or the language or whatever, then sub it yourselves!
.... ethidda is part of SUBlimes who IS subbing it themselves.... so your point is moot.
Mack wrote: Thanks to you ungrateful little critics they have chosen to stop the whole thing! They will not release any more hardsubs on Romantic Princess, you guys must feel so proud! You ruined our chances of watching a perfectly fine drama with subtitles, because you had no idea how to shut up!
To let little comments like that make you so upset to stop subbing... it's probably for the best if they stopped, because I don't think they could handle REAL bashing. All fansubbers have to deal with much worse comments. I'm sorry, but what was said on page 7 was nothing. They choose to sub a highly anticipated drama as their first project. They should expect lots of harassment.

If every fansubber was as thin skinned as them nothing would ever get subbed. Its quite obvious DFS expected everyone to kiss their butts and tell them how fabulous they are but that isn't how the world works. People are critical of things.

They are still learning as fansubbers, and obviously they need to do more research. Did anyone say, "man these subs suck hard!" ? No.
If they are going to let the critique of experienced fansubbers make them quit instead of learning what was wrong with what they did and improving then there is nothing we can do about it. If they want to be childish with uncalled for name calling, so be it. I honestly don't care if they hate me or not.

If anyone recalls DoReMii got ALOT of negative comments on our first release. We didn't stop releasing anything though. We learned and got better.

I see nothing wrong with any of the comments that needs to be apologized for. And that is all I will say on the matter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now back to the point of this thread.

I was sad with episode 2. Sure there were a lot of cute moments with Angela and Chun.... but where were all the other guys? They were barely there at all. The only thing that made up for was the scene near the end with George. He's just so cute and happy. It made me squee a little too much. He was so cute in the preview as well, glomping Angela and all. I'm really looking forward to George and Cal getting more screen time.

AkumaX
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by AkumaX » Sep 24th, '07, 17:16

sigh... i saw this coming days ago. i apologize for not saying anything sooner.

*Semi-Officially Speaking for SUBlimes*

We do not condone malicious comments from anyone to anyone's fansub work. We encourage competition between fansubbers in order to increase the quality of work overall. We do, however, also encourage criticism of our own work (pretty much so we can point and laugh at how ungrateful those SOBs are), but seriously if there are any concerns that people have (except for timely releases), we will be happy to hear them.

We also encourage fansubbing in general because here on D-Addicts, it is all about increasing the awareness of asian / (in our case) twdramas for the masses. Currently there are an increasing number of twdrama fansub groups, so there will naturally be subbing overlap in the future, but this is not a bad thing.

---

From what I can see, Delicious Fansubs has decided not to make an appearance on D-Addicts for their own reasons, which is perfectly understandable (they have a wiki at fansub.d-addicts.com , which is good for awareness). However, it may be beneficial to maybe have a thread dedicated to people's questions/comments/concerns and acceptable criticisms in order to avoid unnecessary off topic discussion.

All fansub groups have to start out somewhere. I was a terrible encoder and released some terrible content on here, and truly apologize for releasing such amateur crap. But I grew and learned of my mistakes, and only make huge mistakes once in a while (see Corner With Love - 16). But I'm sure that all fansub groups have the potential to become great and appease the masses with their selfless work in order to provide enjoyment for those whom normally could not.

biniBningPunkista

Post by biniBningPunkista » Sep 24th, '07, 17:52

Puppet Princess wrote:
biniBningPunkista wrote: can the people who posted on page 7 just re-read what they posted????
I did. Did YOU?

i can read puppet princess..

your rants just didn't start at page 7, mind you. reading your posts just makes my head go aching. thank goodness your subbing friends does not have a big head as you do.. comments and critics are given to every sub group. that is the fact.
just because You are a subber, don't think of yourself as someone who is ABOVE.. cause clearly you are not. please re-think the things you just said to everyone and not just to the subbing group.
i don't know where you got that attitude you are putting up in every forum.
but i truly feel sad for you.

Puppet Princess wrote: What I said was barely insulting. It was mostly a comment on icefish. The only connection that I made to DFS is that they chose to present their "hardwork" with such poor quality video. Isn't it normal to think that if you are going to put in so much work you would not want to drag it down with poor quality video when a higher quality is available?

i guess your sarcasm does not count as an insult.

Puppet Princess

Post by Puppet Princess » Sep 24th, '07, 18:08

.... text doesn't have an attitude. All writing can change it's tone completely based on how you read it.

And I didn't say "can you" I said "did you." Again you are trying to find insults where there aren't any.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Sep 24th, '07, 18:32

Please stop the fansub spat. You guys have made your points and are all valid in their own rights. If you feel you have to have the last word on this fansub topic, please feel free to create a separate topic to duel it out among yourselves.

Let's get back to discussing how great Romantic Princess is and how insanely cute Wu Chun is.
I was totally unprepared for the speed in which Jin recognizes his feeling for Xiao Mai. It almost seem like love at first sight. Except, Jin will most likely, for the next few episodes, hide this fact from everyone instead of telling the world how much he care for her. Denial is never good for one's health. :wub:

Mack

Post by Mack » Sep 24th, '07, 19:12

This makes them different from every other fansub group how?
I stand by my opinion whether this is Delicious Fansubs or any other subbing group. They spend time on making it more pleasurable for other people, you didn't even mention as much as a thank you. You went on and on about some shameless crap! I realize that people should learn from their mistakes, but you could mention their flaws in a more well-mannered way. Saying that "their lack of concern for quality disturbs me a bit. " Is just discourteous! Obviously, you get disturbed very easily.
.... ethidda is part of SUBlimes who IS subbing it themselves.... so your point is moot.
Then what gives you the right to criticize like that? Even ethidda apologized for being rude, while you who really don’t put any effort in subbing this, keep writing this kind of malicious bull.
To let little comments like that make you so upset to stop subbing... it's probably for the best if they stopped, because I don't think they could handle REAL bashing. All fansubbers have to deal with much worse comments. I'm sorry, but what was said on page 7 was nothing. They choose to sub a highly anticipated drama as their first project. They should expect lots of harassment.

If every fansubber was as thin skinned as them nothing would ever get subbed. Its quite obvious DFS expected everyone to kiss their butts and tell them how fabulous they are but that isn't how the world works. People are critical of things.
I don’t want to know what the “real bashing” is then. And I think it’s ridiculous to think that just because you are being nice enough to sub something, you should anticipate a lot of harassment?! What kind of appreciation is that?

Back to Romantic Princess,
So Chun began to fall for Angela in episode 2 ? That's fast. Anything else that happened? Won't Calvin fall for her as well?

ethidda
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by ethidda » Sep 24th, '07, 19:27

No!!!! Don't tell me what happens in ep 2. I haven't watched it yet. I want to wait and watch 6th feeling's hi quality version. Although, I am really excited to watch it, even though school is starting in two days. Will I do homework, or watch drama?

What a silly question... Watch drama, of course. Especially Romantic Princess!! :P

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Sep 24th, '07, 19:36

Why 6th sense? I thought icefish version is pretty decent.
As for plot, don't you get the same feeling in the first episode? After Jin accused Xiao Mai of bunch of stuffs and told her beat it, Jin felt downright guilty when Yi Sen Chuan revealed she didn't do none of that. You know he started to look at her differently.

Mack

Post by Mack » Sep 24th, '07, 19:43

Kumaxell wrote:Why 6th sense? I thought icefish version is pretty decent.
As for plot, don't you get the same feeling in the first episode? After Jin accused Xiao Mai of bunch of stuffs and told her beat it, Jin felt downright guilty when Yi Sen Chuan revealed she didn't do none of that. You know he started to look at her differently.
I suppose I do, I definitely had a that feeling his attitude changed towards her.

If you post any spoilers for me or anyone then put it under a spoiler tag, or wait.. Is that possible in here?
Yes, it works. Well use this then

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Sep 24th, '07, 19:53

Sorry about that. I assumed everybody had watched the first episode before entering this forum and what I said wouldn't be a spoiler.
(But seriously, if you haven't even watched episode one or the trailer, why are you even in this forum to begin with? To say "hi, how is school?" :blink Spoiler box is getting on my nerves because I got them all over the place in The X-Family forum. It's like a sea of white boxes. :pale:)

XoX

Post by XoX » Sep 24th, '07, 19:53

Wow. I guess I didn't think how much DF would take my posts pretty seriously. If you guys did look at my post, I DID praise them for the speed and quality of their subs. I just wasn't too fond of their video quality, it has NOTHING to do with their subbing quality.

If DF took that offensively, then I sincerely apologize. But please do not resort to name calling b/c I did praise DF for their hardwork (before and after the subs came out), but I did not go behind their backs and insulted them. I just merely commented on the quality of the video AFTER the episode was released. So calling me a "two-faced ****" doesn't really justify my claims b/c I complained about the quality AFTER DF released the episode.

Mack

Post by Mack » Sep 24th, '07, 20:03

Kumaxell wrote:Sorry about that. I assumed everybody had watched the first episode before entering this forum and what I said wouldn't be a spoiler.
(But seriously, if you haven't even watched episode one or the trailer, why are you even in this forum to begin with? To say "hi, how is school?" :blink Spoiler box is getting on my nerves because I got them all over the place in The X-Family forum. It's like a sea of white boxes. :pale:)
No I did not come here to discuss school or my personal life. And yes, I have watched the first episode, I watched the file provided my Delicious Fansubs. That's why I can write that I knew his attitude changed towards her. How else was I supposed to know? The reason to why I mentioned the spoiler box/tag is because someone doesn't want to be spoiled! I asked if anyone could tell me something about episode 2, which ethidda hasn't watched yet and she doesn't want to be spoiled.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Sep 24th, '07, 20:12

I understand where you come from. And as you can clearly see from my posts, I didn't reveal anything from episode 2, which I know most people haven't watched. The little that I did reveal was based on episode 1 only. Now that you have watched epsiosde 1 from "your" Delicious fansub, we can now discuss episode 1 in open daylight, right?
Last edited by Kumaxell on Sep 24th, '07, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

Mack

Post by Mack » Sep 24th, '07, 20:13

XoX wrote:Wow. I guess I didn't think how much DF would take my posts pretty seriously. If you guys did look at my post, I DID praise them for the speed and quality of their subs. I just wasn't too fond of their video quality, it has NOTHING to do with their subbing quality.

If DF took that offensively, then I sincerely apologize. But please do not resort to name calling b/c I did praise DF for their hardwork (before and after the subs came out), but I did not go behind their backs and insulted them. I just merely commented on the quality of the video AFTER the episode was released. So calling me a "two-faced ****" doesn't really justify my claims b/c I complained about the quality AFTER DF released the episode.
I think they are just pissed off because of the lack of appreciation for their speedy and hard work. I don't think that they had anticipated this many negative comments, but I think they will accept your apology.
Kumaxell wrote:I understand where you come from. And as you can clearly see from my posts, I didn't reveal anything from episode 2, which I know most of you haven't watch. The little that I did reveal was based on episode 1 only. Now that you have watched epsiosde 1 from "your" Delicious fansub, we can now discuss episode 1 in open daylight, right?
It's not my Delicious fansubs, I merely appreciate what they are doing.
I don't mind, I suppose most people have seen episode 1 by now. But I was only thinking of the sake of others.

silently_solitude

Post by silently_solitude » Sep 24th, '07, 20:21

wow!! I can't wait! Thanks so Kindly!

XoX

Post by XoX » Sep 24th, '07, 20:23

Mack wrote:
XoX wrote:Wow. I guess I didn't think how much DF would take my posts pretty seriously. If you guys did look at my post, I DID praise them for the speed and quality of their subs. I just wasn't too fond of their video quality, it has NOTHING to do with their subbing quality.

I think they are just pissed off because of the lack of appreciation for their speedy and hard work. I don't think that they had anticipated this many negative comments, but I think they will accept your apology.
Well, you see that's just the thing. I AM appreciative of their hard work in the subbing, just not their video quality, which is not their fault. It's just the encoding.

Mack

Post by Mack » Sep 24th, '07, 20:32

XoX wrote:
Mack wrote:

Well, you see that's just the thing. I AM appreciative of their hard work in the subbing, just not their video quality, which is not their fault. It's just the encoding.
But the encoding is, as far as I know, also their job. They might have chosen a file that didn't have the best quality, but I believe they have their reasons. Whether it's to save space or if it was the quickest, I don't know. All I know is that it's their choice and I'm fine with it.

XoX

Post by XoX » Sep 24th, '07, 20:50

Mack wrote:
XoX wrote:
Mack wrote:
But the encoding is, as far as I know, also their job. They might have chosen a file that didn't have the best quality, but I believe they have their reasons. Whether it's to save space or if it was the quickest, I don't know. All I know is that it's their choice and I'm fine with it.
Oh, well. What's done is done. They're pissed and I apologized, but whether they accept it, is up to them. I think that they used icefish b/c that's what they probably first worked with for timing and everything. So, it's probably more convenientnent to also release on icefish. That's just my take.
Last edited by XoX on Sep 24th, '07, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.