Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

[TwDrama] Gokudou (CTS, 2006)

Discuss chinese drama series here.

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Feb 24th, '07, 01:44

Oh, thanks to whichever mod who fixed the title. I didn't know the English name of the series. :P

Wiki Link: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Gokudou
Synopsis from Wiki wrote:Hei Wu High School has a rumor that says, "Xie Gui (Evil Ghost) has the Book of Witchcraft and will use it to summon the demons in hell. His evil force will swallow every human. The only person who can stop him is the legendary nightwalker, Huo Lang (Fire Wolf)."

Knowing that Xie Gui has infiltrated Hei Wu High, Huo Lang quietly arrives at the school as well, right at a time when the school is experiencing a terror like no other. Series of online horror stories became a frightening reality inside Hei Wu High. According to intel, the author, Yuan Dian Ye Wu, is a student from this school. Is this connected to Xie Gui's dark force?

The school is shrouded in terror until a new teacher, Ying Yan (Eagle Eye), shows up. Ying Yan's parents died a year ago under the exact circumstance as described by one of Yuan Dian Ye Wu's online horror stories. Because of that connection, he applies to be a Hei Wu teacher in order to catch the killer.

Yuan Dian Ye Wu's real identity is Hei Wu High's First Class honor student Yuan Sheng Wu. To others, he is like an angel. But inside, he is an evil monster. The only person who manages to avoid Yuan Dian Ye Wu's fatal attacks is a mysterious Japanese transfer student named Dean. Combined that with a love triangle with X Class's Yi Mao makes Yuan Sheng Wu's fire of jealousy burn out of control.
So anyone watched it before? Is it any good?

habukie
AiRen
AiRen

Post by habukie » Feb 25th, '07, 02:16

i changed it. :D i tried watching the first episode, but couldn't get into it. i guess i'm just not a fan of sci fi-y dramas. :-)

p.s. i know you uploaded the torrent here, but there does not seem to be many seeds left. for anyone interested, you can also get some episodes from YDY's clubbox.

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Feb 25th, '07, 02:49

I only watched the first episode as well. Apart from a few corny bits which can I still tolerate, the show kept my interest so far. Well, got to watch a few more episodes before I can comment further. :P

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Feb 28th, '07, 03:51

I have watched 6 episodes and I think the show is actually quite nice. Things may be a little bit corny but some parts are actually funny. :lol

I like the cast a lot. I really hope Ma Ru Long (acting as Yuan Shen Wu) would wipe that stupid smile off his face. Dean Fujioka looks really good although he can't speak the language well. Kingone is cool as well. Last but not least, Yi Mao, Little Black Cat and Little Apple are all pretty cute! :wub:

_iris
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by _iris » Feb 28th, '07, 03:57

Edited
Last edited by _iris on Feb 28th, '07, 05:28, edited 1 time in total.

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Feb 28th, '07, 04:05

_iris wrote:This actually looks pretty interesting. Got linked to it by a friend xD Any clubbox download places for this?
The link posted by habukie has about 20 episodes of it (I think). I'm not really into clubbox so I can't help you there.

BTW, that Yuan Shen Wu really reminds me of Yagami Light in Death Note, like he being the top student in school, well-liked by all the gals and having the ability to kill people just by summoning devils with his pc. :fear:

novemberbaby

Post by novemberbaby » Mar 3rd, '07, 16:48

I'm watching this right now! Dean Fujioka's Mandarin is so-so, but he's really good looking. His character is kind of dull, though.

YiMao cries too much, but I think she's quite cute. Mai Ya Tang is annoyingly cute...but I love her hairstyles.

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Mar 3rd, '07, 17:08

Yeah, I agree that Dean's character is quite boring. I don't like Mai Ya Tang because she is too annoying to me.

How many episodes are you at right now? I've seen 20 so far. Most of the jokes in the show are lame but they still manage to force a smile out of me. That Zhu Tai Lang is so pitiful...always beaten up by almost everyone. :lol

-Edit-
I just found out that the batch torrent doesn't have episode 21. I went and searched the YDY tracker and it is missing from there as well. :-(

novemberbaby

Post by novemberbaby » Mar 3rd, '07, 17:30

I'm actually watching this on youtube. Just finished episode 11. There's going to be a season 2, I think.

Zhu Tai Lang cracks me up all the time, especially when he pretends to be heroic.

Yeah, episode 21 is missing from YDY...which is why I have to download from icefish. xD

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Mar 3rd, '07, 17:39

novemberbaby wrote:I'm actually watching this on youtube. Just finished episode 11. There's going to be a season 2, I think.

Zhu Tai Lang cracks me up all the time, especially when he pretends to be heroic.

Yeah, episode 21 is missing from YDY...which is why I have to download from icefish. xD
Do you have the torrent or DDL link for episode 21?

I'll have to finish watching the whole series before I can say whether a sequel is a good idea or not.

novemberbaby

Post by novemberbaby » Mar 3rd, '07, 17:42

yeah i have the torrent for episode 21. almost done with it xD

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Mar 3rd, '07, 17:44

novemberbaby wrote:yeah i have the torrent for episode 21. almost done with it xD
Care to post it here? [img]http://209.85.12.232/4378/160/emo/whatthefuck.gif[/img]

novemberbaby

Post by novemberbaby » Mar 3rd, '07, 17:48

Sure ^__^

It's the icefish version.
Whoops. Hold on. Gotta fix something first xD

edit:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hzdm1u

hope it works hehe

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Mar 3rd, '07, 17:58

Thanks a lot! :cheers:

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Mar 4th, '07, 12:09

The torrent has no seeds. Stuck at 99.4 %. :cry:

novemberbaby

Post by novemberbaby » Mar 4th, '07, 16:16

That's what I noticed today -__-

Hopefully someone's nice enough to seed it.

puffin

Post by puffin » Mar 5th, '07, 00:59

hi everyone. i'm new >__< (err though been lurking around for ages haha)

so i just started this series, and totally got hooked. Episode 1 was iffy. But I'm on 6 now, and I'd say things totally picked up. I love the manga-esque shots and comedy. The acting is so-so but I adore the characters in X-class. quirky fun.

but I have a question: this is also my first *unsubbed* series. gahhh. and my mandarin is about 75-100% for the conversational stuff, but when they start launching in speeches, it completely goes over my head.

Could anyone fill me in on what was said right at the beginning between Yi Gu Da and that one girl (that hasn't shown up again O__o) I think it's like background stuff about the ghosts? something about 72 mau gwie? not sure...

(I totally see the death note-like elements also :) though I can't decide whether Shen is really evil or not yet, esp. when he starts hallucinating about ye mao ... hallucinations about giving sandwiches, yess *very* evil. lol)

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Mar 5th, '07, 11:04

puffin wrote:Could anyone fill me in on what was said right at the beginning between Yi Gu Da and that one girl (that hasn't shown up again O__o) I think it's like background stuff about the ghosts? something about 72 mau gwie? not sure...
They are talking about the book of witchcraft "Ge Li Mo Li", which existed thousands of years ago. The wolf clan knew about it before the humans did. The book is written by King Solomon, and it contains the seals to summon each of the 72 demons listed in the book. The book has gone missing ever since the death of King Solomon. But now the book has reappeared in the hands of Xie Gui and he is hiding in Hei Wu High School. He has also accepted a disciple Yuan Tian Ye Wu, who is helping him to summon the demons and terrorize the school. What Yuan Tian Ye Wu writes in his online horror stories also happens in reality. The girl is a police officer and is asking Huo Lang (Yi Gu Da) to help them destroy the book.

Later it is revealed that the last of the 72 demons is actually Lucifer (Satan). If he is summoned, basically it means the end of the world.

Hope I helped. :-)

puffin

Post by puffin » Mar 5th, '07, 21:51

Ueda Jiro wrote:Hope I helped. :-)
Thanks! totally helpful. can't believe i missed all that hah!

Guess it hasn't really come into major play yet...

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Mar 6th, '07, 03:24

I skipped the 21st episode and went on to finish the series. The ending lacks punch IMO, because they seem to be rushing it a bit. The ending is open-ended so a sequel is definitely possible.