[C/TwDrama] Young Warriors of the Yang Clan (CTV, 2006)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

[C/TwDrama] Young Warriors of the Yang Clan (CTV, 2006)

Post by Ueda Jiro » Jan 31st, '07, 16:14

[img]http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/679/ ... angxx0.jpg[/img]
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Shao_Nian_Yang_Jia_Jiang

I didn't see another thread for this AWESOME series so here it is! :P
Last edited by Ueda Jiro on Feb 19th, '07, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Feb 8th, '07, 10:18

Some pics!
Attachments
Bamei01.jpg
Bamei01.jpg (54.29 KiB) Viewed 5234 times
Bamei02.jpg
Bamei02.jpg (86.56 KiB) Viewed 5234 times
Pic09.jpg
Pic09.jpg (40.04 KiB) Viewed 5234 times
Pic06.jpg
Pic06.jpg (53.55 KiB) Viewed 5234 times
Pic04.jpg
Pic04.jpg (69.72 KiB) Viewed 5234 times
Pic13.jpg
Pic13.jpg (48.66 KiB) Viewed 5234 times

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Feb 10th, '07, 15:50

For torrents, click here.
For subs, click here.

How can you not have a picture of Yelu Xie?
Attachments
Yelu Xie talking to Guan Hong
Yelu Xie talking to Guan Hong
yuang20.jpg (47.93 KiB) Viewed 5216 times

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Feb 11th, '07, 05:23

Kumaxell wrote:How can you not have a picture of Yelu Xie?
I don't give a damn about Yelu Xie. Yang Qi-Lang is all that matters!!! :P
Attachments
Pic10.JPG
Pic10.JPG (38.45 KiB) Viewed 5206 times

Kai Lien
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Kai Lien » Feb 19th, '07, 08:36

Since I was timing episode 3, I saw a bit of it. I've done 150 lines so far if anyone is wondering. I like the interaction between Qi lang and that Cha bei bei. :lol I think I'll have to watch this series because it has such a star-studded cast. I've never cared for Eddie Peng much but I like his character here. :)

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Feb 19th, '07, 15:11

LOL Same here. Never cared much for Eddie Peng but you just got to love his character here. XD

Dosan

Post by Dosan » Mar 9th, '07, 01:12

thanks so much for bringing to our attention such a GREAT series!!!

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Mar 9th, '07, 14:01

:-) I just can't stress enough how good this drama is. People don't know what they're missing if they don't watch it.

bwitched

The best

Post by bwitched » Mar 27th, '07, 20:42

I know thi series is good. Based form what everyone is saying, this is the best adaptation ever!!..that's why I can't wait to get my DVD with english subs in it

loveless_soul

Post by loveless_soul » Mar 29th, '07, 03:39

hmm.. is this any good? is this the same thing as warriors of the yang clan with alec su in it?
i mean the title is a little different but is the plot the same?

ZzRicezZ

Post by ZzRicezZ » Mar 29th, '07, 15:28

Awesome, I found this series. Just saw episode 39-40 in Guangzhou but in Cantonese. Anyone know of the Cantonese release of this?

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Mar 31st, '07, 16:24

loveless_soul wrote:hmm.. is this any good? is this the same thing as warriors of the yang clan with alec su in it?
i mean the title is a little different but is the plot the same?
They are similar in some ways since they are based on the same story. However they are still largely different and each can provide you with a different experience. IMHO, this is the best adaptation of the Yang Warriors.

sandy_zing

Post by sandy_zing » Apr 6th, '07, 01:18

absolutely agree this serie is really good, i totally fall in Eddie Peng after watched it :hug:
cry to death when he die hichic too dramatic

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Apr 7th, '07, 02:26

wow...who would of thought they'd released this series with english subs...I might think about ordering this series off the web

puffin

Post by puffin » Apr 9th, '07, 07:40

wow. that's great about the dvd release. I definately will be ordering it. (will let you guys know if it's decent quality ; ) I think this series has sparked back my interest in wuxia - and one of the few series I feel definately needs to be viewed larger than a 3 inch rmvb file O___o

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Apr 9th, '07, 15:37

someone please seed it. i oly have like 3kb/s dl >_<

and does anyone kn ows if i buy this in sg, are there anything that's edited out?

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Apr 9th, '07, 16:21

foxhana wrote:someone please seed it. i oly have like 3kb/s dl >_<

and does anyone kn ows if i buy this in sg, are there anything that's edited out?
I'm seeding eight other torrents so I can't help you right now. Maybe you should try the new batch that I just uploaded if you can understand Chinese. It is cut from 47 episodes to 43 but it shouldn't matter too much. The quality is also better.

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Apr 9th, '07, 19:46

hmm no cant do, must have 47 episodes. ^^

the 47 episodes are subbed english? i dont need it though, i can undestand mandarin. is there a batch torrent for the 47 episodes?

sandy_zing

Post by sandy_zing » Apr 10th, '07, 07:20

im seeding for the 47eps version, but i cant seeding for whole day, just from 8am to 5pm (vietnam time)
^-^ dont tell to my boss

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Apr 10th, '07, 08:36

that means you are seeding the torrent in chinese? meaning the name of the torrent is in chinese or unregconisable words?

SunStar

Post by SunStar » Apr 11th, '07, 06:50

i'm currently seeding 1-20, 31-41....i'm still waiting on the other episodes....

THIS SERIES IS SOOOOO FREAKING GOOD!!! although the story is tragic and is kinda sad....it's great watching the all star casts with the awesome effects and costumes....

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Apr 11th, '07, 15:43

SunStar wrote:i'm currently seeding 1-20, 31-41....i'm still waiting on the other episodes....

THIS SERIES IS SOOOOO FREAKING GOOD!!! although the story is tragic and is kinda sad....it's great watching the all star casts with the awesome effects and costumes....
Okay, I can spare a bit of bandwidth now so I'll seed 21-30, 42-47. (I'm not seeding 24 hrs per day though)

Well, everything about this series is near perfect IMO. Even the fighting is quite realistic (except for a few parts) yet impressive. :thumright:

-Edit-
I'll also seed 01-05. I stopped seeding 21-25 because there are a few seeds now.

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Apr 12th, '07, 05:32

thank you!! ^^ i'm until epi 20 now. ^^

[edit] actually no, i'm still at 6-end. i was looking at the wrong shows. >_< sorry.

it's better now, at least better than he 3kbs/s, i have around 9kb/s. :lol: it takes one day to download five episodes. :)

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Apr 18th, '07, 05:58

can someone seed 16-20? im connected to only one seed and a few peer and my download speed is zero.. >_<

sandy_zing

Post by sandy_zing » Apr 19th, '07, 01:48

now im seeding 3 parts (16-20, 26-30, 36-41) if u need more, just ask hehe :enjoy:

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Apr 19th, '07, 17:50

thank you!!!! i'm don arleady!!! thanks alot~!!!!!!!!!! ^__________^

LittleDragonGirl

Post by LittleDragonGirl » Apr 25th, '07, 04:41

Hi Guys, I really want to see this serie, but my problem is that I don't understand chinese, can I ask which media player is needed to play the sub.files or which program is needed? and if some one of you know where I can get it, that would have been perfect.
hope someone can help me out....

foxhana

Post by foxhana » Apr 28th, '07, 16:54

you can download VLC media player. then go file > open file. and then cilck browse for the video file, then after that click on "subtitles" and you can load the subtitles from there an dit'll play. :)

LittleDragonGirl

Post by LittleDragonGirl » Apr 29th, '07, 16:40

thx, I didn't know I can watch sub. with VLC,
but there is something wrong, my VLC player won't show the video, I can only hear the sound. is there any other media players that can play the file and the sub? or is it that I need some specific codec for the files? hope some one can help me out.....

novemberbaby

Post by novemberbaby » Apr 30th, '07, 01:56

Hehe I'm currently watching and downloading the 43-episode version. I've finished 14 episodes...and am waiting for more.

Just wondering...Is the 47-episode version with simplified Chinese subs? Hehe I still prefer the 43 one because it's with Trad Chinese and it's DVD quality. xD

I have to admit that I'm watching this drama because of Hu Ge, but then again, I really like the bond between the siblings. Plus, I love Liu Lang and Princess Chai's relationship...they're very cute.

Teehee I must say that if I were Guan Hong, I'd pick Ye Lu Xie instead. He's just...umm...fun to be with? Haha.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » May 6th, '07, 23:02

I agree with you. If I were Guan Hong, I'll pick Yelu Xie too. He is so darn charming. Okay, he may not the prince charming, but he is definitely the bad boy every woman loves.
How can anyone resist his twinkling eyes? :wub:

Guan Hong definitely felt something for him. If only his people hadn't kill her parents, they might have a chance.

Miaka FY
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Miaka FY » Jun 2nd, '07, 04:09

finish the serie and cry a lot

i saw some few other version from Yang Family still i'm was too little
so well after watch that i was like sniff

now i'm searching for the book if it's existing

i have many question about the ending

EXTREME SPOILER ENDING!!! THE SERIE ..be WARNING!
Yang Si Lang ...did he not remember AT ALL his wife !!!! how come ..he married the Laos princess girl sniff i'm was crying a lot when ..the wife hear the ''Flute'' and though she hear her husband ..CRYING!!! + I hear he never never returning with his wife ...
He just return to his family and married and ...now ..he forgot everything
he didn't know his brothers DIES!!!! BY THE LAOS !!!! [well not exactly true still sniff]

about Yang Qi Lang...i'm in love with Eddie acting!!
BUT I'M CRYING!!! TOO MUCH for this part !!!
he is the most happy and lucky brother in Yang Family and was really die cruelly ..
it's beautiful in a same time because we saw how courageous he is and the hope he want to see his young wife ...the hope ...fade with the wind ...and die
CRYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy Chan really good for She ..
she is the best!!!!!

Hu Ge who is the 6 th Yang Liu Lang...was cute with his wife
and carrie the Yang family mission
and the only man alive in YANG CLAN ..
with his star who is fighting with Laos star...
he is nothing before and now become a good general !!

the fith ..Yang Wu Lang..humm to become a monk
i wasn't really like him when he have some conflic with Si Lang and have sometime some problem with his decision ...

that sad ..he keep saying ..it's because him ..his brothers dies ..and decide to become monk
but !!!
it's really good for his wife at all !!!!!
snifffffff

San Lang, Er Lang, Da Lang
that too sad for them too

really ..i don't understand why YANG CLAN should have everyone dies!!!!
and only Liu Lang is alive

everyone was helping a lot
and they should not have this conclusion :cry: :cry: :cry:

PLEASE WATCH THIS SERIE !!! I REALLY RECOMMEND IT!!!!
:wub: :roll

[/spoiler]

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Jun 25th, '07, 02:51

Anyone have the theme song? Man, Anson Hu has some awsome songs for movies that aren't released in his albums...I wish he would though

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Jun 26th, '07, 09:03

never mind guys...I found it already, guess I was too lazy to do it before.

Anson Hu - 訣別詩
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0ezxg7
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Jue_Bie_Shi%28song%29
Last edited by vancoland on Jul 1st, '07, 02:47, edited 1 time in total.

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Jul 1st, '07, 02:23

Miaka FY, I'll answer some of your questions.

Spoilers, don't look if you haven't watched it...amazing series.
I don't think Si Lang ever returns to the family...in most adaptation. Although I think they could have made it so that he does remember finally and returns, but that'll be a longer story.

And for the Qi Lang part, I also agree with you, that was the saddest moment of the movie.

As for Wu Lang, there is no way he could stay with that family, if you understand chinese culture at all. Even though no one blames him for missing the battle, and its not really his wifes fault either, because she only did it out of love for him, honor and filial piety is the most important aspect of life. You could relate this huge event to the small event of Qi Lang escaping and telling Si Lang to tell his parents that he wasn't being filial. Because being honorable means to take care of your family, especially your parents, and he was only away for a little bit...this was considered not being filial. Now relate this to the event of Wu Lang missing out in battle with the 4 brothers who died and also his father...there is no words to describe the dishonor yourself will feel...even though no one will blame you.

and for the final question...Would you have loved the story as much or cried as much if everyone survived? They died for a reason...honor, filial piety, and love for your nation, living and dying for those things is a life worth living.
If you guys haven't downloaded this series yet...I suggest you do. It is one of the most remarkable series I have ever watched. The soundtrack is also very amazing, I finished this series in 3 days, well worth the 43 episodes.

You can get this on www.asiandvdclub.org on DVD9 with English subs, under Young Warriors. I will be seeding this series for a while, so theres no rush to download it. You have to sign up and seed as much as you download.

And Thanks Ueda Jiro for recommending this series, I wouldn't even have giving it a look if it wasn't for you...well, maybe I would have after hearing the Anson Hu song, but many thanks to you.

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Jul 1st, '07, 06:43

vancoland wrote:And Thanks Ueda Jiro for recommending this series, I wouldn't even have giving it a look if it wasn't for you...well, maybe I would have after hearing the Anson Hu song, but many thanks to you.
You're welcome. I was also wowed by this series and I think everyone should watch it. :D

For everyone's information, there is another series called Legendary Fighter - Yang's Heroine, which follows up the story of Young Warriors. This series begins a few years after the tragedy, when Ba-Mei grows up. It's also a pretty good series and is even done by the same director of Young Warriors.

Slam Dunk

Post by Slam Dunk » Jul 23rd, '07, 16:34

I'm sorry if this question had been asked before.
I was just wondering, is this series based on actual historical events and real-life characters?

abcd99

Post by abcd99 » Jul 23rd, '07, 16:52

Well, Yang Ye, his wife and his seven sons are real characters in the history. Parts of the story are fictionalized, though.

sleepichink

Post by sleepichink » Aug 19th, '07, 00:30

I just wanna make sure, does this series end with Wu Lang becoming a monk and Si Lang becoming the Liao Prince? It feels like the story is cut off and I feel sorry for Luo Shi Nu >.<

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Aug 19th, '07, 06:48

sleepichink wrote:
I just wanna make sure, does this series end with Wu Lang becoming a monk and Si Lang becoming the Liao Prince? It feels like the story is cut off and I feel sorry for Luo Shi Nu >.<
Yes. If you want to know what happens after that, go and watch Legendary Fighter - Yang's Heroine (Yang Men Nu Jiang). It's done by the same director.

madelinepoh
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by madelinepoh » Jan 31st, '08, 04:01

Ueda Jiro wrote:
sleepichink wrote:
Yes. If you want to know what happens after that, go and watch Legendary Fighter - Yang's Heroine (Yang Men Nu Jiang). It's done by the same director.
I want to watch Legendary Fighter - Yang's Heroine but when I checked bt china, there are no seeders at all!!!!!!!!! :-( Just finished the Young Warriors of the Yang Clan. It's really good but very sad......

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Jan 31st, '08, 04:32

The director for "Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang" is the same as the one for "Yang Men Nv Jiang"? I completely did not know that. Now I really want to see the latter, as the former was wonderfully directed. This is probably wishful thinking on my part, but has any group subtitled "Yang Men Nv Jiang"? I can understand Chinese, but sometimes the intricacies of what they're saying (it is, after all, historical) just completely miss me by.

Here's my own review of "Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang": I absolutely, positively loved it. It's rare for me to not only get through a 40+ episode series but also to enjoy every single second of it; nevertheless, it happened with this series. The action is thoroughly packed, and a single "sequence" usually didn't expand more than 3 episodes. Even so, the transitions were absolutely smooth from one plot line to the next. Furthermore, the characters' relationships with one another were thoroughly fleshed out and explored. This drama was as much about the Yang family's closely-knit relationships as it was about action and adventure, which gave the drama an even firmer foundation. Without the familial ties, this story wouldn't have been a tenth as touching as it turned out to be.

My only "regret" for this drama is that I thought the female cast could have been stronger, at least in terms of looks. None of the main male leads were bad-looking, so I thought they could've at least upped the ante with the female lead actresses. On the other hand, Amy Chan as She Sai Hua was absolutely perfect. She definitely held her own opposite of Weng Jia Meng, who was a perfect Yang Ye as well. And definitely can't forget the villain - Deng Li Min couldn't have done better as Pan Ren Mei. Although, my one little gripe about that (and this is no fault of the actor's but rather the scriptwriters') was that I felt they too strongly type-casted him as the villain from the very start. I thought they could have played up his ruthless ambition more, in order to make the villain more realistic and believable, but nevertheless what they did manage to get across was extraordinarily well-done. Anyway, it's not like this is a movie or anything. :)

Does anyone know where I can get the OST for this, if there is one? The music was absolutely haunting and befitting, and I'd love to have it for keeps. Thanks in advance!

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Jan 31st, '08, 15:53

madelinepoh wrote:I want to watch Legendary Fighter - Yang's Heroine but when I checked bt china, there are no seeders at all!!!!!!!!! :-( Just finished the Young Warriors of the Yang Clan. It's really good but very sad......
If you can't get it at btchina, I have no idea where else you can get it. Maybe some clubbox will have it but I wouldn't know.
Valentin wrote:The director for "Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang" is the same as the one for "Yang Men Nv Jiang"? I completely did not know that. Now I really want to see the latter, as the former was wonderfully directed. This is probably wishful thinking on my part, but has any group subtitled "Yang Men Nv Jiang"? I can understand Chinese, but sometimes the intricacies of what they're saying (it is, after all, historical) just completely miss me by.

Here's my own review of "Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang": I absolutely, positively loved it. It's rare for me to not only get through a 40+ episode series but also to enjoy every single second of it; nevertheless, it happened with this series. The action is thoroughly packed, and a single "sequence" usually didn't expand more than 3 episodes. Even so, the transitions were absolutely smooth from one plot line to the next. Furthermore, the characters' relationships with one another were thoroughly fleshed out and explored. This drama was as much about the Yang family's closely-knit relationships as it was about action and adventure, which gave the drama an even firmer foundation. Without the familial ties, this story wouldn't have been a tenth as touching as it turned out to be.

My only "regret" for this drama is that I thought the female cast could have been stronger, at least in terms of looks. None of the main male leads were bad-looking, so I thought they could've at least upped the ante with the female lead actresses. On the other hand, Amy Chan as She Sai Hua was absolutely perfect. She definitely held her own opposite of Weng Jia Meng, who was a perfect Yang Ye as well. And definitely can't forget the villain - Deng Li Min couldn't have done better as Pan Ren Mei. Although, my one little gripe about that (and this is no fault of the actor's but rather the scriptwriters') was that I felt they too strongly type-casted him as the villain from the very start. I thought they could have played up his ruthless ambition more, in order to make the villain more realistic and believable, but nevertheless what they did manage to get across was extraordinarily well-done. Anyway, it's not like this is a movie or anything. :-)

Does anyone know where I can get the OST for this, if there is one? The music was absolutely haunting and befitting, and I'd love to have it for keeps. Thanks in advance!
To my knowledge, no group has subbed Yang Men Nv Jiang. I'm tempted to pick up the series myself but lack of manpower and decent raws made me think otherwise. I could only find some vcd-rmvbs with dual audio the last time I seached for it.

The ost is great. You can get it at the Asian OSTs forum. :thumright:

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Jan 31st, '08, 20:16

I assume you've watched "Yang Men Nv Jiang," judging from your post. Thus, would you say that it's a faithful "sequel" to "Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang"? (Considering it's not really a "sequel" in the sense that it was made before its "prequel," and who knows if the producers of "Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang" actually intended that series to really be a prequel to "Yang Men Nv Jiang"?) I'm particularly interested in Si Lang's story; it was left open. Anyway, I think I may watch "Yang Men Nv Jiang" on Tudou; I think I've found the complete series in any case. (Let's just hope it's not in Cantonese ... Which I only know the basics of. As you can tell, I haven't actually tried it yet. I don't want to be disappointed by "Yang Men Nv Jiang," since its "prequel" was absolutely wonderful.)

Thanks for the link to the OST! As to be expected, the music is extremely haunting. In fact, it's on repeat on my playlist right now, and I want to cry whenever I hear the sadder songs. Strangely enough, I didn't cry during the actual drama itself, but may just be because I was rushing to get through it and didn't have time to appreciate each scene individually. Even so, the drama managed to touch me deeply. It was that amazing.

You know, after watching "Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang," it seems that it has become the standard by which I judge whether other Chinese dramas are worth watching or not. Sad to say, none have so far measured up. At this rate, I may watch another Chinese drama again. :blink: It's strange; I really like Chinese dramas with a lot of action in them, especially martial arts, but the best ones are those that give due focus to the intricate relationships between the characters. Ah, what am I to do? Recommendations, anyone?

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Jan 31st, '08, 20:44

This is currently my all-time favorite chinese drama and I doubt there will be another show that can surpass it. 8)

I actually watched Yang Men Nv Jiang a long time ago. I don't remember all the details but it was enjoyable. It starts with Liu-lang becoming the head of the Yang family and Ba-mei all grown up. The story focuses on Ba-mei, the son of Liu-lang and Princess Chai and also how the women of the Yang family cope with their husbands' deaths, picking up arms to continue the family's legacy. Si-lang and Wu-lang's stories are also continued (although not so much on the latter). Qi-lang's wife will also join the family after explaining things to them. Ok, I won't give away too much spoilers. :P

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Jan 31st, '08, 20:53

Ueda Jiro wrote:This is currently my all-time favorite chinese drama and I doubt there will be another show that can surpass it. 8)

I actually watched Yang Men Nv Jiang a long time ago. I don't remember all the details but it was enjoyable. It starts with Liu-lang becoming the head of the Yang family and Ba-mei all grown up. The story focuses on Ba-mei, the son of Liu-lang and Princess Chai and also how the women of the Yang family cope with their husbands' deaths, picking up arms to continue the family's legacy. Si-lang and Wu-lang's stories are also continued (although not so much on the latter). Qi-lang's wife will also join the family after explaining things to them. Ok, I won't give away too much spoilers. :P
Oh, please, do tell! I love spoilers. :) So, it is a smooth continuation? There aren't any noticeable, say, jarring bumps in the story line? That would make it disconcerting.

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Feb 1st, '08, 03:42

Valentin wrote:Oh, please, do tell! I love spoilers. :) So, it is a smooth continuation? There aren't any noticeable, say, jarring bumps in the story line? That would make it disconcerting.
The continuation is smooth for the Yang family. Si-lang lost his memory and stays in the State of Liao while Wu-Lang became a monk and stays at a temple. The Liao are also in possession of Yang Ye's remains. The only major difference I can think of is that the personality of the Emperor is different. If memory serves me correctly, Yelu Xie is non-existant in Yang's Heroine.

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Feb 10th, '08, 22:09

Ueda Jiro wrote:
Valentin wrote:Oh, please, do tell! I love spoilers. :) So, it is a smooth continuation? There aren't any noticeable, say, jarring bumps in the story line? That would make it disconcerting.
The continuation is smooth for the Yang family. Si-lang lost his memory and stays in the State of Liao while Wu-Lang became a monk and stays at a temple. The Liao are also in possession of Yang Ye's remains. The only major difference I can think of is that the personality of the Emperor is different. If memory serves me correctly, Yelu Xie is non-existant in Yang's Heroine.
How exactly is the emperor's personality different? It seemed at the end of "Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang" that he should be very nice to the Yang family from now on, as a result of what he did. Who are the new enemies? Does anyone go to retrieve Yang Ye's remains?

Also, does Jiang Hu plan to finish subbing this? I really like Jiang Hu's other fan-subs. :lol:

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Feb 11th, '08, 06:44

Valentin wrote:How exactly is the emperor's personality different? It seemed at the end of "Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang" that he should be very nice to the Yang family from now on, as a result of what he did. Who are the new enemies? Does anyone go to retrieve Yang Ye's remains?

Also, does Jiang Hu plan to finish subbing this? I really like Jiang Hu's other fan-subs. :lol:
Yes, the Emperor does treat the Yang family kindly and with respect but the Emperor in Yang Warriors acts much more serious than the one in the Yang's Heroine.

As I said, I don't remember all the details but one of the new enemies is an undercover working for the Liao, and he was Ba Mei's romantic squeeze until his cover was exposed.

One of the story arcs invlove Ba Mei searching for the remains of Yang Ye, which is a trap set by the Liao to capture her.
It is quite unlikely for Jiang Hu to pick up this series due to reasons previously stated. We also have other big projects, DOMD '08 and LOCH '08, lining up.

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Feb 11th, '08, 07:13

Ueda Jiro wrote:It is quite unlikely for Jiang Hu to pick up this series due to reasons previously stated. We also have other big projects, DOMD '08 and LOCH '08, lining up.
Oh? I seem to have missed those reasons ... Could I please ask what they are? (I could've sworn I'd carefully scanned through the entire thread :blink: ... But I guess not.) Also, if you don't mind my asking, what does DOMD stand for? Eh, he, he, sorry to be so ignorant. :)

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Feb 11th, '08, 07:17

Valentin wrote:
Ueda Jiro wrote:It is quite unlikely for Jiang Hu to pick up this series due to reasons previously stated. We also have other big projects, DOMD '08 and LOCH '08, lining up.
Oh? I seem to have missed those reasons ... Could I please ask what they are? (I could've sworn I'd carefully scanned through the entire thread :blink: ... But I guess not.) Also, if you don't mind my asking, what does DOMD stand for? Eh, he, he, sorry to be so ignorant. :)
In short, we lack the resources, both manpower and raws of the drama.

DOMD = Duke of Mount Deer

Valentin

Post by Valentin » Feb 11th, '08, 23:05

Ueda Jiro wrote:
Valentin wrote:
In short, we lack the resources, both manpower and raws of the drama.

DOMD = Duke of Mount Deer
Oh, wait, are we even talking about the same series? I was actually asking if Jiang Hu planned to finish subbing "Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang." Sorry if you thought I was talking about "Yang Men Nv Jiang." Unless that was what you were talking about? :blink:

Ueda Jiro
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Ueda Jiro » Feb 12th, '08, 06:21

Valentin wrote:Oh, wait, are we even talking about the same series? I was actually asking if Jiang Hu planned to finish subbing "Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang." Sorry if you thought I was talking about "Yang Men Nv Jiang." Unless that was what you were talking about? :blink:
I see... Then we misunderstood each other. :lol

We will most probably try to finish subbing Young Warriors because this series is so good that it deserves better subs. However, it will not get our full attention since Tai Seng's subs have already been uploaded. (In other words, it will proceed very slowly.)

mstacyi

Post by mstacyi » Apr 27th, '08, 17:08

uh..man. i would really love to see what happens next, but i guess you guys can only do so much at time.

any how, thanks and keep up the good work.

gordon_br

Post by gordon_br » Oct 25th, '08, 06:43

This really is a great series, and is still available with English subs.

This series captured me and stuck with me for weeks after watching it. It is one of my all time favorites.

sherylcheryl

Post by sherylcheryl » Nov 3rd, '08, 00:25

There is this melody that is always played in the show (I think it sounds quite climatic) but it does not seem to be in the OST... does anyone know where to find it?? Thanks in advance!

ShengHuas

Post by ShengHuas » Nov 5th, '10, 19:00

Does anyone have the sequel to this? Yang Men Nu Jiang aka Legendary Fighters: Yang's Heroine?

iluvasiandrama

Post by iluvasiandrama » Apr 10th, '11, 04:22

I've seen so many good reviews on this drama. I have it on my list to watch and I am really looking forward to it! :lol

emmtee10

Post by emmtee10 » Jul 31st, '11, 04:24

Just recently finished this series and I must say... IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED THIS THEN WATCH IT!!! This is an amazing drama with a very strong cast. It even made me cry... haha you get a little attached to the characters. And the fact that this is based off history is pretty cool.