Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

[TwDrama] Love Contract (TVBS, 2004)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
kokakola

Post by kokakola » May 31st, '06, 15:59

The most funny scene I can remember is the part at the beach...where they celebrate ah Ken's birthday...they played a "weapon" game, that part very romantic also.

river_mist

Post by river_mist » Jun 1st, '06, 08:41

JadedAngel wrote:
qhrizteens wrote:hi jadedgal....it may seems that i'm really outdated...i'm just about to watch this drama.is it possible that you upload the episode 1-5 in your clubbox??heaps of thanks for that.
cheers
Hmm, I'm guessing that this message is supposed to go to me. If it is, sorry it took me so long to answer. I know I already put a lot of the eps back up. Were you able to get the ones you needed or do you need me to uplaod them again?
soli, out of point here, but i really curious how JadedAngel get the avatar of DBU from?? OMG, that was such a GREAT avartar!! i like it! :wub: :salut:

shminda

Re: Love Contract

Post by shminda » Jun 1st, '06, 13:20

exotique wrote:hi all. im very new in this dl-ing of series.

i've heard of Love Contract from one of my chinese fren. i've watched ISWAK n DBY.
i'm in love w/ both Ariel n Mike. n i really really wanna watch Love Contract.
but i dun undst wat torrent n clubbox is all abt.

i've only done direct dl-ing (eg from ISWAK). so im not familiar w/ other forms of dl-ing.
can someone pls put dis series up for direct dl-ing?

appreciate it so much. thanks guys...!
:-)
i dont know if someone has or has not answered your questions but you can find direct downloads for this series at http://idols-unlimited.com and silentregrets.com too I think. But the first link for sure. Sorry if this has been answered before.

mahanga

Post by mahanga » Jun 5th, '06, 00:10

seems like i've missed the last upload...
can I have the theme at the beginning - Zhongjian / Fish Leong uploaded again??
thank you!

river_mist

Post by river_mist » Jun 10th, '06, 07:30

i just watched Anson Hu's Waiting for You KTV music video on youtube.com and i cant get it out of my head!! it is such a sad video, and i cant help sniffling..... i feel sorry for mike he and ariel in this music video!!

the links for that MV either expired or unavailable. Would someone kindly upload this again? I wld prefer KTV so tt i can sing along, but if no one has it, then the MV is good too. pretty pls, i jus cant possibly keep on going to youtube.com each time and the loading of the video takes ages........ :-(

if possible and if it is not too much, can upload again the beginning theme song MV by jasmine here too?

pretty pls........................ i appreciate it very much!!! megaupload or ysi is fine with me. THANKS in advance!!

oh yes, the last episode of LC is weird. y there is 3 endings? i read thru the posts on this subject, but those are mainly interpretations, r they? i not sure, then i found out from youtube.com comments to the last episode that mention tt there is a link url tt states the director's intention and the actual ending of this show. i no idea where to find.....

applejuice

Post by applejuice » Jun 10th, '06, 16:21

i am so confused with the ending. was it a dream? o_O.. anyone have links to spoilers for this?

Jesette

Post by Jesette » Sep 18th, '06, 23:42

applejuice wrote:i am so confused with the ending. was it a dream? o_O.. anyone have links to spoilers for this?
Actually I've just ordered a copy of this series after reading a very good review about it. The review comes from spcnet. Try reading it so that you will understand the ending of the said series. It has a different ending that's why I am eager to see the treatment done on this drama. I love satisfying endings but it depends on the storyline of course.

Jin91

Post by Jin91 » Dec 27th, '06, 03:03

does anyone know where to find the translation and romanisized lyrics for the opening song? - fish liang jing ru's zhong jian/ In the middle

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Jan 9th, '07, 21:10

I'll post my review of Love contract that I wrote on another site:
I think the reason many people don't get the ending is because the entire series was directed in a realistic way, and the last two episodes are very dream-like.
If the people that made it had been consistant with the tone of the show it would've been better for the audience. Either way, I think it's a great drama (emphasis on the drama :P ).
I also think the leads have fantastic chemistry, so much so that it made the show.
The comedy was so good you forgot you were watching a drama, which made it kinda shocking when reality hit :roll
I only wish the people that made it had compromised and given the ending they probably wanted intead of doing that futile attempt to please everyone and showing three possible endings. :-( ...what a cope-out...
And, here is a very good explanation, written on spcnet by CatchyPhrase, beware, read at your own risk, this guts the ending to the core!!
The ending, it is up to you to decide whether or not it is happy. We find out that Ah Ken and Xiao Feng were originally a god and goddess up in heaven, sent down to earth to find the Love Contract as punishment for being too rowdy and unloving. Ah Ken decides that if they cannot be together in life, it is better to die together, and he brings her to the ocean that had brought the two of them together so long ago and, carrying her bridal style in his arms, walks bravely into the crashing waves. (This is the part where my tears, which had been streaming down in two continous rivulets, blind me so badly that I had to pause the video to find another tissue box.) The ocean once again brings the two together. As they have finally understood the meaning of love, the two are allowed to resurrect as immortal beings again. The lovers are reunited and they run around the beach and laugh and play before continuing on their way, presumably to heaven. Then, time goes on (and a hermit crab scuttles across the camera) and Xiao Feng and Ah Ken return to earth to do something that they never got to do. Get married. Dressed in their wedding glory, they speak of how much they miss their friends. Suddenly, all of their friends run toward them (we're presuming that their friends have also died) and congratulate them. "It's been too long since we last saw each other!" they say. Everyone is very happy to see each other. Even Xiao Bai, who had died so much earlier than everyone else, is able to join them. The drama is over, and after so much tears and pain for everyone, they are finally able to indulge in something that is 100% happiness!

angeizahoy

Post by angeizahoy » Jan 10th, '07, 05:21

princess_jime wrote:And, here is a very good explanation, written on spcnet by CatchyPhrase, beware, read at your own risk, this guts the ending to the core!!
The ending, it is up to you to decide whether or not it is happy. We find out that Ah Ken and Xiao Feng were originally a god and goddess up in heaven, sent down to earth to find the Love Contract as punishment for being too rowdy and unloving. Ah Ken decides that if they cannot be together in life, it is better to die together, and he brings her to the ocean that had brought the two of them together so long ago and, carrying her bridal style in his arms, walks bravely into the crashing waves. (This is the part where my tears, which had been streaming down in two continous rivulets, blind me so badly that I had to pause the video to find another tissue box.) The ocean once again brings the two together. As they have finally understood the meaning of love, the two are allowed to resurrect as immortal beings again. The lovers are reunited and they run around the beach and laugh and play before continuing on their way, presumably to heaven. Then, time goes on (and a hermit crab scuttles across the camera) and Xiao Feng and Ah Ken return to earth to do something that they never got to do. Get married. Dressed in their wedding glory, they speak of how much they miss their friends. Suddenly, all of their friends run toward them (we're presuming that their friends have also died) and congratulate them. "It's been too long since we last saw each other!" they say. Everyone is very happy to see each other. Even Xiao Bai, who had died so much earlier than everyone else, is able to join them. The drama is over, and after so much tears and pain for everyone, they are finally able to indulge in something that is 100% happiness!
tha'ts pretty sweet, aww. i never heard of this interpretation before! but seriously, someone needs to come out and tell us exactly what the director meant for this ending... instead of us viewers speculating endlessly... unless that was the intention, lol.

princess_jime

Post by princess_jime » Jan 10th, '07, 15:24

right! hahahaha! :D These open endings can drive one insane!

I also thought that explanation by CatchPhrase was really sweet, it ties everything together, straight to the heart :lol

And since i've gone mad a long time ago I will say that, to me (the most un-romantic gal in all latin america) after the accident, everything is all an illusion of Xiao Feng, who was the one that later died, hahahahaha!!!!! *evil*
And, since it was all in her head we never got to see what really happened!
XD

nigoat
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by nigoat » Feb 23rd, '07, 03:15

angeizahoy wrote:
applejuice wrote:is love contract good? i've been looking for good new romantic comedies to watch. i just finished ISWAK
Love Contract is more sad than it is funny. in fact, I actually don't recall a funny scene, like off the top of my head. I mean it's cute watching Ariel and Mike together, and sometimes you just have to smile at the cuteness. but completely comedic laughter, I don't think it exists in this series. it also has quite a weird ending....
wooooooo~ i just started watching it 2day (finished 2 episodes) and ur kinda scarying me off! (haha just kidding i will continue watching) i knew it wasnt funny and is sad and unrealistic but the weird ending...is it reli that weird? cuz if its reli weird then im afraid that if i watch it it'll be stuck in my head 4 days...but i've seen sum romantic scenes. eg. where they kissed in the water and at the end or almost the end ariel and mike danced and ariel was standing on mike's feet and mike was singing

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Feb 23rd, '07, 15:13

Except for the strange ending, this show is not weird at all. It's very realistic compared to most of the idol dramas that have been floating around. It's a show about people who have loved and lost. It's true that it doesn't have whole lot of LOL moments, but it does have many, many moment where you would find yourself smiling and feeling warm and tickling inside. My bit revolves around the period when Ah Ken and Xiao Feng were officially a couple. I was melting away by their sweetness. I was also touched by Ah Ken's relationship with his mom. Take your time to enjoy the show.

carmay

Post by carmay » Jul 16th, '07, 19:51

can anyone please upload the song Waiting For You by Anson Hu please!! :]

go go go!!

love contract was so cute.

(REQUEST FULFILLED)

kimheami

Post by kimheami » Jul 29th, '07, 17:40

anyone know a clubbox that this is uploaded on? i know there was an address on the first page but that clubbox doesn't have it anymore... boo

kyn

Re: [TwDrama] Love Contract (TVBS, 2004)

Post by kyn » Jul 29th, '07, 18:26

lluviax3 wrote:Does anyone have the drama LOVE CONTRACT in their clubbox or in their hard drive or sumthing. ..or perhaps u kno where 2 download it? I got the 1st 13 episodes & I"M ADDICTED!! I have 2 watch the last 7! haha. pleeease help! :wub:

THANK YOU!
You can dowload at http://silentregrets.com/completed-twdr ... ntract.php but you can only download 1 episode per day not more I think. That drama is hardsubbed.
I hope this is use full to you :-) .

anastassia

Post by anastassia » Jan 13th, '08, 07:33

applejuice wrote:is love contract good? i've been looking for good new romantic comedies to watch. i just finished ISWAK
I suggested you watched ” Love Contract”. It is extremely good, rather very unlike other trendy- cutie-cutie wahtsoever drama.

Or I want to watch really something that fulfilling my soul. Not mere enjoyment.

When i want to really appreciated a good drama i will not looking at the hot actor but by his acting. For example i don’t like Mike in WWL and Bull Fighting not because of him, but because of the character is the same. Because i want to see a real actor in him. Then I turn to Love Contract, i want to see him out of the stereotype character, out of the rich line, cool then I got what I yearn for. He in Love contract very different, I loved it. Not rich, has some talent with drawing he pull out his talent here.

Same goes with Ariel, she is great actress, but her character in Iswak and TKA is so lame. A naive character is also a character. But, it has to have a development that is more important part in a excellent drama. But when i watched Love Contract. There you are a new wave. I love it. I loved her and her acting in this.

They have excellent chemistry, rather very strong than other character their play. As some people says, in others drama both Mike and Ariel has look good together. This drama their love seems so real, tender and everlasting. Believe. But we have to spare some for the ending. It quite different.

For me after Mars, and oddly enjoyed Metoer Garden 2 ( as a starting point of Taiwnese drama ) Love Contract is a classic one. It will make your heart flutter, memorable scenes, very indeed subtle, deep, intense, natural way falling in love.

Not like other so much up to the sky love - man chasing his girl- fight whatsoever that is not realistic.

This drama is realistic- blend with some myth- very much deep and eternal love.

LOVED IT SO MUCH.:)

It has so many funny moments. I laugh so many than any other Taiwanese drama that i have been watched. When they painted Ken house. :P . His uncle, when they are fighting. When there is a sad monet they didnt drag it too long. It will be a funny scenes also.

They have strong character and deep feelings towards each other.

Rather than over-funny and unrealistic moments any other drama like this drama is realistic.

One thing:

Be objective

Be realistic

Have some senses or art in drama.

The camera taking is awesome much3x better than Iswak which the camera is moving clumsily when they are kissing or when taking scene. This drama awesome.

A great masterpiece of art. :wub:

anastassia

Post by anastassia » Jan 13th, '08, 07:40

Much and highly recommended for those who search for realistic, a very romantic, funny and yet so enjoyable love.

moo-girl

Post by moo-girl » Oct 7th, '08, 04:10

Hell, this is one of my all time favourite dramas. I watched when it aired on a channel on satelliete TV last year, and I loved it SO much! I think I first wanted to watch it because of Ariel Lin, 林依晨, but after watching it... Well, I was touched forever. :-( But whenever I think of it, I always feel very sad... There were happy & funny bits, but the sadness of it comes to my mind the most.

I love all the characters, the story, the acting, the music - it's all lovely. This drama is so much more - sweet, funny & lovey-dovey, yet also deep, sad, and touching. I only watched the ending many months after the rest of the show, because my mum found out about me going down at midnight to watch this show every night and was MAD, stopping me from doing it. :glare:

When I did watch the ending, though, I was VERY confused. But I think that the ending that princess_jime copied and posted makes sense the most. IMO, the 3 endings aren't alternate endings, because in between them, someone says '等一下!‘ ('Wait a minute!') each time, saying that that was NOT the end and the show hadn't actually finished yet. But finding out about the angels thing was a twist. :-)

Oh yeah - if anyone knows where to find the piano scores for one of the theme songs, 中间 (Centre), please tell me! I love the version in the series, touches me so much everytime I hear it... :cry:

Yoshiko

Post by Yoshiko » Oct 10th, '08, 13:24

Oh My God this is soooo boring drama. I like Mike He and Ariel but this drama is diseaster :cussing: :sleeping:

moo-girl

Post by moo-girl » Oct 10th, '08, 18:42

Oh My God this is soooo boring drama. I like Mike He and Ariel but this drama is diseaster
You can't be serious, right? Boring?! ...It mightn't be as *action packed*/*laughing til your stomach hurts* as some other series', but it's still awesome... Oh well, I guess we have different tastes/opinions. :)

azntina

Post by azntina » Oct 11th, '08, 08:19

moo-girl wrote:
Oh My God this is soooo boring drama. I like Mike He and Ariel but this drama is diseaster
You can't be serious, right? Boring?! ...It mightn't be as *action packed*/*laughing til your stomach hurts* as some other series', but it's still awesome... Oh well, I guess we have different tastes/opinions. :)
I agree with you.. This series is meaningful and moving because it deal with a lot of human flaws. You must have an open mind when you watch it because it's messed up in a deep way.

ginny_lunallena

Post by ginny_lunallena » Oct 12th, '08, 17:23

azntina wrote:
moo-girl wrote:
I agree with you.. This series is meaningful and moving because it deal with a lot of human flaws. You must have an open mind when you watch it because it's messed up in a deep way.
I totally agree, this drama is friggin awesome!! it's the most realistic one I've ever seen, starting with Xiao Feng's self-consciousness, it's so real, I love this drama :wub:

Yoshiko

Post by Yoshiko » Oct 16th, '08, 08:56

ep1 to 4 maybe interesting but later sorry... I don't like it. But Mike He and Ariel I like :D
Different taste.