[CDrama] Return Of The Condor Heroes (CCTV, 2006)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Sep 22nd, '05, 16:36

crazylazy_chief wrote:
kali4niaguy wrote: crazylazy_chief...I've been trying to dl that song all night, I don't know why but I can't get it. I like the soundtrack from the '83 ROCH. I still have 1 of those songs on my hard-drive. :-)
Hmm, try to download using this link: http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=02C5 ... BSE4N4M5L0

:mrgreen:
Most likely, Liu Yi Fei will the next Zhao Min since she's following Carmen Lee/Idy trend with Jin Yong's novels. She's in Tian Long Ba Bu, ROCH, and the only one left HSDS. :mrgreen:
Last edited by crazylife123 on Sep 22nd, '05, 16:41, edited 1 time in total.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Sep 22nd, '05, 16:40

kali4niaguy wrote:crazylife123...can you post the MV again? I just saw this thread today and missed it.

crazylazy_chief...I've been trying to dl that song all night, I don't know why but I can't get it. I like the soundtrack from the '83 ROCH. I still have 1 of those songs on my hard-drive. :-)
kali4niaguy...here's the link again. Please download it before it expire or the 25 limit downloads.

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3E1Q ... 955R4KMEN9

**Yang Guo of Return of Condor Hero 2005

kali4niaguy

Post by kali4niaguy » Sep 27th, '05, 04:48

crazylife123 wrote:kali4niaguy...here's the link again. Please download it before it expire or the 25 limit downloads.
http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3E1Q ... 955R4KMEN9
thanks! :w00t:

crazylazy_chief...thanks also for the other yousendit! :D

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Sep 29th, '05, 02:54

Here's another MV with never before seen footage of ROCH.

Click Here to Download:

http://www.sendmefile.com/00102489

**Return of Condor Hero 2005

ericxcartmanz

Post by ericxcartmanz » Oct 5th, '05, 21:48

wat the title of this song?...

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 5th, '05, 22:28

ericxcartmanz wrote:wat the title of this song?...
Its from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, sang by coco lee but I forgot the title :D

BTW crazylife123 thanks for all the MVs. If you find more please post them :-)

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 6th, '05, 03:44

WroW wrote:
Its from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, sang by coco lee but I forgot the title :D

Wrow...I have 17 total of clips/MVs of this series...I don't know if you want them.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 6th, '05, 03:48

crazylife123 wrote:
WroW wrote:

Wrow...I have 17 total of clips/MVs of this series...I don't know if you want them.
Only if you wouldnt mind uploading :-). But I guess since there are mostly the same scenes as the ones you already posted there is no need to. :-)

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 6th, '05, 04:02

Posted by Nameless Monk, Translated by Li Nhi

Jin Yong & ZJZ discuss ROCH closely together

On 1/10/2005 at 4PM, fireworks sparked everywhere as Jin Yong, ZJZ, HXM & LYF cut the cake to celebrate the grand opening of ROCH’s film set that had taken one year to construct. JY and ZJZ began answering questions in the official press conference. During the conference, ZJZ thoughtfully helped JY put on a sweater for him. The cheerfully spirited JY enjoyed discussing ROCH’s progress, and happily announced his approval to make changes to “The Duke of Mt. Deer.”

Slow filming progress

Every cast member present had worn their costumes during the press conference. To no one’s surprise, XLN LYF & YG HXM attracted photographers and interviewers the most. They unintentionally began calling LYF & HXM “ko ko” & “Guo e.” Caught up in the moment, excited HXM took his sword out of its case, and began demonstrating a few fighting techniques for a quick photo shoot. The paparazzi camera lights flashed everywhere. The place was so hectic that a staff member had to request the people to allow ZJZ to finish his speech. ZJZ informed that the film’s progress was slow (about 13 episodes long) because two of the filming locations they visited were highly mountainous—making the series even harder to finish.

Jin Yong compliments the two main stars

HXM was very moved when viewing the ROCH video clip (can be uploaded on sina.com). All of his hard work within the 2 long months was not put to waste. “This is the third time that I’ve viewed the clip. The more I see it, the more I feel that it is very meaningful.” On the other hand, LYF believed that the clip was too short. It was not able to express and demonstrate the characters’ feelings and emotional state sufficiently.

JY complimented HXM and LYF. He was extremely convinced that “HXM will not lose to Andy Lau and Louis Koo.” In addition, “LYF is young, and yet she is still able to deliver an adept performance, one of which I did not expect. In general, I am very pleased with the two stars.”

JY believes that the changes in ROCH is relevant

In the press conference where the video clip was shot some time ago, JY asked the interviewers for their inputs. Everyone responded by applauding, and the sounds of hands clapping filled the air. JY, feeling satisfied, said that “I gave ROCH a rating of 85 points. But what’s important is the audiences’ support and approval. Once the crew finishes filming the final battle scene, I will rate the series one last time. If the music lyrics and songs are good, then that will raise the score to 90 points. If not, then it will be reduced to 79.”

JY claims that ROCH of Mainland China stayed the most faithful to his story. The minor changes were relevant. “A long time ago, Taiwan’s ROCH (Richie Ren’s version) created an XLN (post-rape) that was willing to smile and walk with her rapist, Yin Zhi Ping. They deleted and/or manipulated the elements from my original story without permission. Afterwards, their producer had tried to call me, but I refused to answer. ZJZ created a segment where XLN dreamed of riding on a horse with YG, very romantic and relevant. I’ve viewed the XAJH’s video clip before, and was satisfied. But then there were many changes made which infuriated me. This time, I heard that ROCH will not contain any more changes. And so, I am relieved.” ZJZ added on, when filming the scene where YG & XLN were to reunite, YG had drawn two stick figures next to one another. This symbolizes how much he misses her. “I highly respect JY’s inspiring observations. We became two very good friends, and so his input is greatly appreciated. Whereas back then while filming XAJH, our interactions were limited.”

“Duke of Mt. Deer” giving way to “Sword Stained with Royal Blood.”

Rumors already began circulating saying that after ZJZ finishes with ROCH, he will begin on DMD. However, ZJZ revealed that it is possible that he’d start on SSRB first, and then DMD.

Kumaxell
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by Kumaxell » Oct 6th, '05, 14:01

Thanks for the article.

JY absolutely adores LYF, and he specifically appointed her to play the part of XLN. Watching Tian Lung, I might not agree with his choice. But after I watched LYF in Chinese Paladin (a show I absolutely LOVE), I thought she can bring the innocent quality to her role as XLN. She rocks!

As for the male lead, I have motto reservation about him. He doesn't exude chivalry. I could be biased because the only film I ever saw him in was him playing a deceiving, narrow minded emperor.

Amleth

Post by Amleth » Oct 6th, '05, 14:30

Watching Tian Lung, I might not agree with his choice. But after I watched LYF in Chinese Paladin (a show I absolutely LOVE), I thought she can bring the innocent quality to her role as XLN. She rocks!

As for the male lead, I have motto reservation about him. He doesn't exude chivalry. I could be biased because the only film I ever saw him in was him playing a deceiving, narrow minded emperor.
Maybe you're mistaking the actor/actress with the role he/she plays... We'll see if they're good actors if they succesfully play different characters...

Everybody says that LYF is not a good actress because of Tian Long... But if you think about it, she plays her part very well. It's just that the character has few lines and it is well mannered, shy and cute to the extremes... You can ask her for more than she did...
In Chinese Paladin she has more lines and a litlle more complex character (Well, as complex as a woman can be in a Chinese Period Drama . Why are all women Childish-Shy o Evil Bitches ? :p)

The same goes to that guy... Don't know if he's good actor or not... But he looks like a cool hero (the hair and the sword help XD).

Well, that's what I think at least... excuse my bad English

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 6th, '05, 14:43

Yeah I think that guy looks cool but I have never seen him before so I cant judge his acting.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 6th, '05, 15:08

IMO, Huang Xiao Ming will surpass all the past Yang Guo. He's different from the past.

1) he's not the pretty boy type...much better as legendary hero
2) he's much cut/built than the past YG...the past YG are really skinny.
3) his acting skills are much better as well

People didn't question HXM as much or nearly at all...maybe you guys. Most of the time, they question Crystal as XLN.

Crystal didn't get a good part in TLBB. Her character was a flower vase character...didn't do much but stand there and look good. She had a better role in Chinese Paladin. I feel sorry for the girl though. People are comparing her to Carmen, Idy, Fann, and a couple of other XLN. They got use to the more mature XLN(21+ age) while Crystal was only 17 years old. Many actresses turned this role down because they were afraid of criticism. Crystal took the chance and you see the result. Plus, I'm tired of the criticism. I realized people tend to think that way because they're used to actresses that much older than her. If you look at the actresses today and compare it with 80s & 90s...the actresses are much older than the actresses now. Trust me on this...people will not respect her since she's really young and getting big roles.

Many and I mean Many actresses didn't want to be Xiao Long Nu because they're afraid of criticism from people. LYF took the chance and you see the result. It's up to her now to step up and show everyone that she's a good actress.

I found an article. This is what Huang Xiao Ming said about Crystal Liu.

Those who have met Crystal agree that she has many aspects similar to that of XLN. Perhaps it's because of how her living conditions and experience (or in her case, no experience) are different from the rest of the other actors/actresses from mainland. She has this "untainted" or "untinted" disposition-- away from the smokes and fire of life, and this is something that an actor cannot perform because it only comes with their (natural) self. She does try really hard to portray her role as XLN. Little by little, Crystal had connected with me and we cooperated very well together. I believe that an actor shouldn't be critical and be comparing age differences. When we're filming, I put all that matters aside. On the first day when I came to the set, I had to act out the part where YG confessed his love to XLN. Everyone did not laugh, we all went into our roles in a strictly manner, and we were quickly approved by the director.

I have a lot of clips of interviews but I don't if you guys want it since it's in chinese.

But in any case, Here's a new clip with before and after CG effects. There might be too much CG in this series but the clips sure looks bad @ss though.

http://www.timeaxis.com.cn/play/sdxl.wmv

**Right click on it and choose Save Link.
Last edited by crazylife123 on Oct 6th, '05, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.

elsonlam1

Post by elsonlam1 » Oct 6th, '05, 16:15

I think u can right click on the link and choose "save target as"

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 6th, '05, 17:02

elsonlam1 wrote:I think u can right click on the link and choose "save target as"
Yea...I got it now...LoL

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 6th, '05, 17:10

Downloading but its very slow so it might take a while.

I know exactly when this drama will be released I will have to wait another year and if I am lucky there will be dvds with english or even engrish subs :-( . It sucks not to be able to speak chinese .. japanese .. and korean . I blame it on my parents ,they should´ve known that someday I will be adicted to dramas :D

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 6th, '05, 17:16

WroW wrote:Downloading but its very slow so it might take a while.

I know exactly when this drama will be released I will have to wait another year and if I am lucky there will be dvds with english or even engrish subs :-( . It sucks not to be able to speak chinese .. japanese .. and korean . I blame it on my parents ,they should´ve known that someday I will be adicted to dramas :D
LMAO...LoL!!!!!

Actually, I heard a few fansubs are willing to sub the series right away when it comes out in China. You'll get to see it sooner than that.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 6th, '05, 17:19

crazylife123 wrote:
WroW wrote:Downloading but its very slow so it might take a while.

LMAO...LoL!!!!!

Actually, I heard a few fansubs are willing to sub the series right away when it comes out in China. You'll get to see it sooner than that.
Now thats good news. :D I dont really know any chinese to english fansub groups but whoever will do it...I LOVE YOU GUYS :-)

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 6th, '05, 17:44

To clarify the naked scene.

These are the words of the director Vu Man:

XLN has to be naked while peforming Yu Nu Xin Jung according to the story. So that's what we'll do. However, we will use special lighting effects in order to show the character performing the "dance" in a very elegant and mysterious way. Also, Crystal cannot be naked while filming this scene because she is still too young. Even the contract clearly states that she won't be doing that. We will find another person to substitute for her.....

Crystal's word on HXM.

The first time I went auditioning for the role of XLN, the director requested that I soothe HXM, play with him as if he was a little boy or brother. When we came on the set, the cameras started rolling, and HXM and I were automatically into our roles. Also, YG from a little boy to a big grownup was performed by two different (aged) actors. That made things simpler for me to distinguish between the two (little YG and big YG). HXM was very serious in handling his role, and he supported and guided me which gave me more confidence.

Wow, this is the first remake that actually did a naked scene. LYF's double had to really get naked. They're really pushing this to the limit. I think it's a good thing because they're actually following the storyline.

Director Vu Man said that HXM and LYF works really hard on their acting. Here's another interview with Vu Man. TLBB is the most popular among other Jin Yong's series. However, the director said he has confidence. Let's hope so.

I: interviewer VM: Vu Man

I: How will you show the characteristics of this adaptation compared to the previous ones?

VM: ROCH agrees with my style or taste - the ideals of romance. In addition, choosing the right sceneries & landscapes, and using advancements in technology are all very important.

I: ROCH version of HK is a timeless success. While filming this version, besides new features and aspects, what do you think is the most difficult obstacle?

VM:
The most difficult obstacle is to overcome the age difference between HXM and LYF, which is the opposite of the main characters in the story. Even with age or in front of the camera, HXM still looks skilled or experienced. Because of that, we must stay focused (in keeping with the story) and help our actor in portraying his role to the best of his ability.
Also, LYF is still very young. Her thoughts are still very pure or simple-minded. There are a number of scenes that worries me. For example, we are getting ready to act out the part where [the monk] rapes XLN; this is a very important scene. These scenes--heavy on expressing sexual thoughts and actions-- are very complicated to [successfully] act out. LYF has never had any experience with this type of situation before, but she tries really hard to follow our directions and guidance.

I: If you feel that it is difficult, then why did you still choose HXM and LYF to take on these roles as the “Condor Heroes”?

VM: Many actors of Mainland China don’t carry the scoundrel (“bad egg”) characteristic that HXM does have. He was able to cause a breakthrough in his performance. When I saw him in “Always Happy Hero”, his face and everything were still very pale. But because he wanted to take on the role of YG, he tanned himself for half a year in order to get the look he has today. Also, there is this dimple on the side of his cheek when he smiles that demonstrates YG’s cuteness and playfulness. LYF also loves her work and profession.

I: Normally, all of ZJZ’s adaptations are criticized or belittled except Tian Long Ba Bu. Do you have any confidence that ROCH will even surpass TLBB’s fame and popularity?

VM: I believe that ROCH will not be criticized or belittled. Back then, ZJZ was unsuccessful because he had chosen the wrong director unsuitable of making a qualified martial arts series. We have build this entire series with the hope that if it’s good, then it needs to be better. However, in order to surpass TLBB, it would be time-consuming and that we would really have to put in a lot of effort. TLBB was successful because of Ho Jun, Chen Hao, etc. Meanwhile, the cast of ROCH are still fresh and new, and the audience has high demands. We will do our very best.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 6th, '05, 17:49

But I am against the double and against the lightning effects :D . No really it looks like they are really trying to make this one special.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 6th, '05, 17:53

WroW wrote:But I am against the double and against the lightning effects :D . No really it looks like they are really trying to make this one special.
I agree...didn't like the double and lighting effects. :mrgreen: Jin Yong like this series because he say it's stay true to his novel. He despise the 1995 remake. Can't blame him...they rush the series and made it only 20 episodes long.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 6th, '05, 17:55

Well I am new to chinese series so I havent seen the old ones :unsure: . But the good thing is I will have an open mind to the new one and dont compare it with the classics.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 6th, '05, 17:56

WroW wrote:Well I am new to chinese series so I havent seen the old ones :unsure: . But the good thing is I will have an open mind to the new one and dont compare it with the classics.
That's a good thing. There's a lot of hardcore fans of Carmen Lee who dislike Crystal. :mrgreen:

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 6th, '05, 17:57

crazylife123 wrote:
WroW wrote:Well I am new to chinese series so I havent seen the old ones :unsure: . But the good thing is I will have an open mind to the new one and dont compare it with the classics.
That's a good thing. There's a lot of hardcore fans of Carmen Lee who dislike Crystal. :mrgreen:
I cant understand how someone can dislike her.... you know what I mean :mrgreen:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 6th, '05, 18:00

The CGI looks much better than HSDS...*whew*

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 6th, '05, 18:01

Well in HSDS they only had one special effect. This blurry thing whenever they moved :lol

Btw where do you get all the english articels and interviews from?

Amleth

Post by Amleth » Oct 6th, '05, 18:21

Chinese Series are getting better now they use CG... but I think they should find an "equilibrium" (do you say it like that in english?) between choreographies and special FX. It will be sad if they lose all the charm from the old martial arts movies...

Anyway, this series looks quite good... It will make a fine "couple" with LOCH 2003 and HSDS 2003... At least I hope so...

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 6th, '05, 18:27

Amleth wrote:Chinese Series are getting better now they use CG... but I think they should find an "equilibrium" (do you say it like that in english?) between choreographies and special FX. It will be sad if they lose all the charm from the old martial arts movies...

Anyway, this series looks quite good... It will make a fine "couple" with LOCH 2003 and HSDS 2003... At least I hope so...
I feel they could mix in with CG and not make it look too cheesy...it'll be okay. The director didn't like HSDS 2003 as much. He like LOCH, TLBB, and ROCH. Maybe he'll decide to do another remake in a couple of years. Since Crystal is really young, she might get the chance to play as Zhao Min or Zhirou...I'm hoping Zhirou...I want to see her play the bad seed.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 6th, '05, 20:23

Just watched the special effects video. LYF looks good doing the fight choreography...............grrrrrrrrr 8)

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 6th, '05, 22:56

WroW wrote:Just watched the special effects video. LYF looks good doing the fight choreography...............grrrrrrrrr 8)
LYF just looks good period. She'll have no problem getting roles. Too bad she's kicking back and singing instead. :x

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 6th, '05, 22:59

crazylife123 wrote:
WroW wrote:Just watched the special effects video. LYF looks good doing the fight choreography...............grrrrrrrrr 8)
LYF just looks good period. She'll have no problem getting roles. Too bad she's kicking back and singing instead. :x
But I kinda cant imagine her in modern dramas. She just fits into those wuxia series :-) .

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 6th, '05, 23:05

WroW wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:
But I kinda cant imagine her in modern dramas. She just fits into those wuxia series :-) .
I think she's going to do a Modern Drama with Jimmy Lin...about racing. Jimmy wants her to be his love in that series. LoL...lucky bastard.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 6th, '05, 23:15

Here's her pix in a modern movie called ' Love of May' I believe.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 6th, '05, 23:32

Ok I take it back :D

Jimmy wants? Than good to be Jimmy :-)

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 7th, '05, 00:12

Here's another MV if anybody wants it.

Click Here to Download the MV:

http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=38UJ ... Y1E2O4JDNL

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 7th, '05, 10:06

Originally Posted by Li Nhi

The Secret to Creating ROCH: The Two Main Characters - Part I

Huang Xiao Ming – Yang Guo’s Faithful Love

Yang Guo & I
Friends and colleagues say that I have many aspects similar to YG. I will not just simply “act out” this character as closely as possible, but also, my intentions are to return all of YG’s encounters, experiences and life lessons to the original story. YG is not a perfect person. He has many flaws, he values love and friendship, he understands his duties in response to serving his nation, and so he is a well-rounded person. He suffers through countless misfortunes, he loses an arm, and even when he’s practicing “Dugu Qiu Bai”’s fighting skills, you can see just how bad the pain, torture and sorrow are tearing him apart. To me, demonstrating YG’s fighting skills or expressing his inner thoughts and conscience is a big challenge.

Crystal and I

Those who have met Crystal agree that she has many aspects similar to that of XLN. Perhaps it's because of how her living conditions and experience (or in her case, no experience) are different from the rest of the other actors/actresses from mainland. She has this "untainted" disposition-- away from the smoke and fire of life, and this is something that an actor cannot perform because it only comes with their (natural) self. She does try really hard to portray her role as XLN. Little by little, Crystal had connected with me and we cooperated very well together. I believe that an actor shouldn't be critical and be comparing age differences. When we're filming, I put all that matters aside. On the first day when I came to the set, I had to act out the part where YG confessed his love to XLN. Everyone did not laugh, we all went into our roles in a strictly manner, and we were quickly approved by the director.

My Observation on the Love between “Big Sister and Little Brother”
Love is about understanding and communicating regardless of era. It is everlasting, unmoved by age. XLN was a true woman in JY’s life, created by gods and deities. YG believes that “In a person’s life, there are at least 8 out of 10 circumstances that he or she would never want to happen. A person should be open-minded and courageous in love.” Also, YG is a very sensitive person. He trusts people easily. With any generations, them heroes react to love all in the same way!

My Look on YG’s Apparels
I say that YG’s outer appearance is the best match in carrying out ROCH as oppose to previous adaptations. I feel that this is very good because almost everybody had enjoyed or accepted that kind of YG from the manga version. This time, with hopes to satisfy the young audience, besides having hair with highlights, YG’s costumes, shoes and other apparels will give them the feeling as if they’re watching anime.

My YG Compared to Other Versions

Modern society changes constantly. People will maintain or develop their own opinions/ideas about the characters. The YG that I show will correspond to my generation. I feel I need to make YG’s faithful love shine and stand out. Our version of ROCH follows the style of celestial/heavenly romance where YG’s faithful love for XLN is the most important element of all.

zefiris1

mv

Post by zefiris1 » Oct 7th, '05, 23:39

can anyone reupload some of the mv? I was going through the thread and all of them were either expired on yousendit or the link didn't work. Thanks in advance! So far this version of ROCH seems to be promising judging from some of the pictures.

Amleth

Post by Amleth » Oct 10th, '05, 09:57

crazylife123 wrote:Here's another MV if anybody wants it.

Click Here to Download the MV:

http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=38UJ ... Y1E2O4JDNL

Wires!! I see wires everywhere!! XD

1:23,3:05,3:32.... :P

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 11th, '05, 00:53

It's a raw edit MV. There will be no wires in the real series...you know that right? :glare:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: mv

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 11th, '05, 04:50

zefiris1 wrote:can anyone reupload some of the mv? I was going through the thread and all of them were either expired on yousendit or the link didn't work. Thanks in advance! So far this version of ROCH seems to be promising judging from some of the pictures.
I'll upload the MVs in a couple of days. My computer kept on restarting every 5 minutes.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 11th, '05, 04:53

Ying Gu and her Nine-tailed Fox

The leopard which YG and LMC killed to feed baby GX milk.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 11th, '05, 04:56

The Secret to Creating ROCH: The Two Main Characters – Part 2

Crystal Liu Yi Fei – XLN’s Affectionate Love

XLN and I
Everyone says that our dispositions are very similar. The director claim that I am still young, nearly pure, innocent, a little naïve, as if I’ve never acknowledged the smoke and fire of life. I feel that our natures match to some extent. My personality is two-sided. For instance, there are times when I remain quiet or silent, lock myself in the drawing room, and act very stubborn; some of which are similar to that of XLN.

Huang Xiao Ming and I

The first time I went auditioning for the role of XLN, the director requested that I soothe HXM, play with him as if he was a little boy or brother. When we came on the set, the cameras started rolling, and HXM and I were automatically into our roles. Also, YG from a little boy to a big grownup was performed by two different (aged) actors. That made things simpler for me to distinguish between the two (little YG and big YG). HXM was very serious in handling his role, and he supported and guided me which gave me more confidence.

My Observation on the Love between “Big Sister and Little Brother”
The relationship between XLN and YG has especially touched my heart. However, I think that it is unlikely to happen in reality. Sir Yong passionately loves XLN. He describes her as (an angel) who never ages. But how could there possibly be something that wonderful in real life?
(An interviewer posed a question: Does that mean you consider age as a factor?)
I don’t have much experience in that category, nor have I thought about it enough to reach to a conclusion. I just feel that if two people are truly in love with each other, then they shouldn’t think about anything too much.

XLN & WYY

Performing the role of XLN is a lot more difficult than that of WYY. TLBB of Mainland China is very different from Hong Kong because WYY’s character is inferior to the everlasting love between A Zhu and Xiao Feng. It is obvious that my role (back then) faded into the background, and was missing the strength to grab people’s attention. A character without color or life is very hard to portray. In contrast, XLN is a role that has many fascinating aspects. I admit that my acting has improved from previous series/movies. I have become more mature and experienced.

My XLN Compared to Other Versions

I haven’t seen any of the previous versions, and I don’t want to see them because I’m afraid that it would influence me. I’ve never thought of comparing myself to anybody anyway. To any actress, XLN is a big role, and marks the turning point for her career. I will try to give my best performance so that I wouldn’t have to regret anything.

Amleth

Post by Amleth » Oct 11th, '05, 09:18

crazylife123 wrote:

It's a raw edit MV. There will be no wires in the real series...you know that right? :glare:
Of course (At least I hope so XD). But it's funny watching all those wires :P

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 11th, '05, 14:02

Crazylife , do you know where I could get wallpapers for this series or other wuxia series (like HSDS or TLBB)? Everytime I am into something I have to set up a wallpaper :roll :D

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Oct 11th, '05, 21:44

Amleth wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:

Of course (At least I hope so XD). But it's funny watching all those wires :P
Wires? What wires :whistling:
Growing up watching WuXia series, you learn to do self hypnosis and ignore the wires :P

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 12th, '05, 14:51

Thanks crazylife for all the videos. And I found in one of your posts over at asianfanatics a good pic which I use as my wallpaper now :D Thanks for that too!

cronoadi

Post by cronoadi » Oct 12th, '05, 15:50

those songs in MV are very good..anyone knows the title of the song of each MV?
thx in advance

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 12th, '05, 20:31

WroW wrote:Thanks crazylife for all the videos. And I found in one of your posts over at asianfanatics a good pic which I use as my wallpaper now :D Thanks for that too!
I post so many pictures...i forgot which one i posted...

Which wallpaper have you chosen? I wanna see your taste.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 12th, '05, 22:59

crazylife123 wrote:
WroW wrote:Thanks crazylife for all the videos. And I found in one of your posts over at asianfanatics a good pic which I use as my wallpaper now :D Thanks for that too!
I post so many pictures...i forgot which one i posted...

Which wallpaper have you chosen? I wanna see your taste.
I choose this one. It might have not been posted as a wallpaper but the size was big enough to use it as one :-)

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 12th, '05, 23:20

Actually...the original size of the pictures is twice that size. I resized it to fit the screen. I'll search for the original pictures so you could get better quality.

There's a release date on this series... Jan 2006. You'll probably get to see it on Feb 2006...depending on the fansubs :mrgreen:

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 12th, '05, 23:24

crazylife123 wrote:Actually...the original size of the pictures is twice that size. I resized it to fit the screen. I'll search for the original pictures so you could get better quality.

There's a release date on this series... Jan 2006. You'll probably get to see it on Feb 2006...depending on the fansubs :mrgreen:
Thanks if you could find that original pic that would be great.
I could wait longer as long as I know that there will be subs for it. Btw are you fluent in chinese?

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 13th, '05, 23:32

...picture is too big.. :glare:
Last edited by crazylife123 on Oct 16th, '05, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 16th, '05, 17:52

She looks so good doing that. :mrgreen:

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 16th, '05, 17:56

crazylife123 wrote:She looks so good doing that. :mrgreen:

I was really suprised when I saw her doing martial arts in ROCH. First I think it wouldnt fit her but she lost a little weight and the movements really look good.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 16th, '05, 17:59

WroW wrote:

I was really suprised when I saw her doing martial arts in ROCH. First I think it wouldnt fit her but she lost a little weight and the movements really look good.

Hmm crazylife how comes we always start talking about the topic and end up going off topic :D
She should do more martial art scene since she have background dancing skills...with ballet and all...she would look really good. She'll do more wuxia in the future. LYF knows she could easily get it.

I don't know why we go off topic. LoL

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 16th, '05, 18:01

crazylife123 wrote:
WroW wrote:

Hmm crazylife how comes we always start talking about the topic and end up going off topic :D
She should do more martial art scene since she have background dancing skills...with ballet and all...she would look really good. She'll do more wuxia in the future. LYF knows she could easily get it.

I don't know why we go off topic. LoL
Sorry I was confused with this and the HSDS topic thats why I thought we went off topic. :D

kiki312

Post by kiki312 » Oct 17th, '05, 00:39

WroW wrote:

A little weight.....Shes looks like shes lost quite a bit of weight...her face is not as filled out.....shes changed from looking vute to pretty....but she really resembles cecilia cheung...

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 20th, '05, 15:29

Crazylife as you can see in my avatar and signature I am getting ready for ROCH ,well I am tying these pics for today...dont know if I should change them :-)

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 21st, '05, 06:23

WroW wrote:Crazylife as you can see in my avatar and signature I am getting ready for ROCH ,well I am tying these pics for today...dont know if I should change them :-)
Yup...everyone is ready for it. :mrgreen:

Where did you get the banner?

kirasheijiru

Post by kirasheijiru » Oct 21st, '05, 14:30

i watch till epi 6, its a nice drama :D

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 21st, '05, 15:04

kirasheijiru wrote:i watch till epi 6, its a nice drama :D
Are you sure it's the right series? and not the 98 version. it's not even air in china yet.

kirasheijiru

Post by kirasheijiru » Oct 21st, '05, 15:07

not air yet? :S
i dunno, cuz i get it from clubbox maybe ur right its 98 :S
but here is the link, u guys can check it
and i thnk ur right >.<

http://clubbox.co.kr/jaded1

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 21st, '05, 15:15

crazylife123 wrote:
WroW wrote:Crazylife as you can see in my avatar and signature I am getting ready for ROCH ,well I am tying these pics for today...dont know if I should change them :-)
Yup...everyone is ready for it. :mrgreen:

Where did you get the banner?
The banner is from the page you linked on your first post :-)

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 21st, '05, 15:42

kirasheijiru wrote:not air yet? :S
i dunno, cuz i get it from clubbox maybe ur right its 98 :S
but here is the link, u guys can check it
and i thnk ur right >.<

http://clubbox.co.kr/jaded1
that's the 98 version...this one is the '05 version...it should be out next month

Rice

Post by Rice » Oct 21st, '05, 16:06

Wow there must be at least 5 different versions of that series :O . I know the story is good but there gotta be a limit on how many times you can remake that serie especially for a very long serie. Is there any major difference between those series? Do they have the same ending or different one?

kirasheijiru

Post by kirasheijiru » Oct 21st, '05, 16:08

haha, tat's y i'm confused with it :P

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 21st, '05, 16:08

Rice wrote:Wow there must be at least 5 different versions of that series :O . I know the story is good but there gotta be a limit on how many times you can remake that serie especially for a very long serie. Is there any major difference between those series? Do they have the same ending or different one?
There are always new Gernerations who will enjoy it...for me it is the first time seeing ROCH :D

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 21st, '05, 16:09

Rice wrote:Wow there must be at least 5 different versions of that series :O . I know the story is good but there gotta be a limit on how many times you can remake that serie especially for a very long serie. Is there any major difference between those series? Do they have the same ending or different one?
This version should be the closest to the novel(3rd edition of Jin Yong's novel) The storyline change a little bit.

There's no limits since everyone always love to watch a remake of this series and many other Jin Yong's series. I, myself can't wait for this series to come out.

xuantocdo

Post by xuantocdo » Oct 22nd, '05, 21:29

the 8 MVs for this series looked fantastic. crazylife123_I hope what you said is true about us being able to watch this kicka$$ series with fansub within a month of its release. i can't wait

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 22nd, '05, 21:45

xuantocdo wrote:the 8 MVs for this series looked fantastic. crazylife123_I hope what you said is true about us being able to watch this kicka$$ series with fansub within a month of its release. i can't wait
crossing my fingers too. there will be fansubs for this series. they're waiting for this a long time now. :mrgreen:

holymasamune

Post by holymasamune » Oct 24th, '05, 04:08

i hope this will be up on daddicts when its finally released :)

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 24th, '05, 04:14

Since i'm marketing this series...well...free marketing to be exact...i'll post this series up myself when it have english subs.

WroW
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by WroW » Oct 24th, '05, 16:01

crazylife123 wrote:Since i'm marketing this series...well...free marketing to be exact...i'll post this series up myself when it have english subs.
But that would mean you are subbing it :D ... I dont think it is allowed to upload fansubbed series from other trackers if you dont have the fansubbing groups permission.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Oct 24th, '05, 16:08

But that would mean you are subbing it :D ... I dont think it is allowed to upload fansubbed series from other trackers if you dont have the fansubbing groups permission.
I'm not selling anything so I highly doubt that they mind. :mrgreen:

BTW, I heard there's a Chinese Paladin II...not sure if it's true or not.