[CDrama] Return Of The Condor Heroes (CCTV, 2006)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 18th, '05, 04:22

Ruroshin wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:
Ruroshin wrote:
YG vs GJ is a debate that has been raging endlessly throughout many wuxia forums I doubt you'll get a straight answer here :roll

GJ is stronger :P
Ruroshin...didn't know you watch this series too...since you only replied recently. :mrgreen:
I've seen nearly every adaption of the Crondor Trilogy. I've only missed 2, the very first HSDS by TVB with the wierd ending and the Singapore black Little Dragon Girl.
Ruroshin...the black little dragon girl was singapore? i thought it was taiwan. chris lee/fann wong are singaporean actors. they did the 98 version. richie ren's version was '98 version as well.

Ruroshin...how do you feel about Korean Superstar Rain(Bi) as Yang Guo/Jay Chou's g/f(Patty) as XLN??? Taiwan want to do a new ROCH base on them.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Dec 18th, '05, 05:07

crazylife123 wrote:
Ruroshin wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:
Ruroshin...didn't know you watch this series too...since you only replied recently. :mrgreen:
I've seen nearly every adaption of the Crondor Trilogy. I've only missed 2, the very first HSDS by TVB with the wierd ending and the Singapore black Little Dragon Girl.
Ruroshin...the black little dragon girl was singapore? i thought it was taiwan. chris lee/fann wong are singaporean actors. they did the 98 version. richie ren's version was '98 version as well.
ah yes your right, I remember watching the singapore version now, so it was the taiwan one, well whatever one with the black little dragon girl.
crazylife123 wrote: Ruroshin...how do you feel about Korean Superstar Rain(Bi) as Yang Guo/Jay Chou's g/f(Patty) as XLN??? Taiwan want to do a new ROCH base on them.
Bi as YG? Hrm well I guess he's goofy and good looking enough (at least he'll probably be better than a Richie Ren YG :crazy: ) I haven't seen much of Patty, pictures?

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 18th, '05, 09:09

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 18th, '05, 09:16

The rape scene!!!!!!!

cupids

Post by cupids » Dec 18th, '05, 17:24

rain and patty hou cant do! ><

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 19th, '05, 07:33

Here's another clip with Li Mo Chou and Yang Guo with the daughter of Loveless Valley.

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2SLW ... VAOICLVOY0

VietZeus

Post by VietZeus » Dec 20th, '05, 04:11

crazylife123 wrote:The rape scene!!!!!!!

I watched this drama as a kid and ended up hating this drama JUST because of this ridiculous story plot where Co Co got "raped" blindly. And some where in the story the couple or she just forget the whole thing ever happened. :crazy:

I believe I watched the 1998 version of ROCH. When you are a kid, a movie can do alot of influence on you. THAT special rape scene is partially responsible for what I am today LOL. :mrgreen:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 20th, '05, 07:29

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 20th, '05, 07:30

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 20th, '05, 07:31

koua_xiong

ROCH 05

Post by koua_xiong » Dec 20th, '05, 09:54

In this series did LYF really got raped by that guy or did somecomes and help her out..... and the sence where LYF and the main charcter where setting in the bushes with lot of flower is she really naked in that secne or is that a stunt double.... anyways LYF is sooooo HOT!!!!! I wish she is was wifes or girlfriend....

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 20th, '05, 15:34

koua_xiong wrote:In this series did LYF really got raped by that guy or did somecomes and help her out..... and the sence where LYF and the main charcter where setting in the bushes with lot of flower is she really naked in that secne or is that a stunt double.... anyways LYF is sooooo HOT!!!!! I wish she is was wifes or girlfriend....
Hmmm... is it really a spoiler as the story has been done so many times? :)
But just in case
yes, she does get raped
Jing Yong's works have been compared to Shakespeare in it's repeated adaptations.
But in a way it's also comparable to LoTR in terms of fanbase :)

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: ROCH 05

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 20th, '05, 16:16

koua_xiong wrote:In this series did LYF really got raped by that guy or did somecomes and help her out..... and the sence where LYF and the main charcter where setting in the bushes with lot of flower is she really naked in that secne or is that a stunt double.... anyways LYF is sooooo HOT!!!!! I wish she is was wifes or girlfriend....
They use a double for that scene. LYF was too young to be naked. she was only 17.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 20th, '05, 16:34

crazylife123 wrote:They use a double for that scene. LYF was too young to be naked. she was only 17.
:scratch: There's nudity?! How did that fly past the censors? I thought koua_xiong was asking about the story?

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 20th, '05, 16:42

auroragb, I'm sure there are still people who haven't seen this series or who don't know its story by heart, so your putting choice comments about the plot as spoilers was very considerate. 8)

The pics look great. At least this series should be good eye candy, if nothing else.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 20th, '05, 16:45

auroragb wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:They use a double for that scene. LYF was too young to be naked. she was only 17.
:scratch: There's nudity?! How did that fly past the censors? I thought koua_xiong was asking about the story?
There wasn't any nudity in the series. However, the actress had to be nude to play the scene...so they had to use a double. LYF was too young to play the scene.

Grapz

Post by Grapz » Dec 20th, '05, 22:13

what is the meaning by they used a double?
as in got sum1 else to play LYF's role?

Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen

Post by Calcifer » Dec 21st, '05, 00:43

Like a stunt double, yeah. The person took over her role for whatever action or segment or scene the real actress wasn't able to do herself.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 21st, '05, 01:22

Here's one of the soundtrack for this series.

http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2N86 ... NV809UKVI7

Here's an advertisement from China TV of ROCH '06

http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ZER ... RUURM11P0H

K-KisS84

Post by K-KisS84 » Dec 21st, '05, 14:36

When will this serie out?
I REALLY WANT TO WATCH IT! it looks very good
But i don't undrestand... this is a remake? U_u How many "Return of the condor Hero" are there?

The main actress is very pretty =)

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 21st, '05, 16:51

K-KisS84 wrote:When will this serie out?
I REALLY WANT TO WATCH IT! it looks very good
But i don't undrestand... this is a remake? U_u How many "Return of the condor Hero" are there?

The main actress is very pretty =)
It'll be air on China TV on Chinese New Year.

There are probably 5-6 remakes.

K-KisS84

Post by K-KisS84 » Dec 21st, '05, 19:51

It'll be air on China TV on Chinese New Year.

There are probably 5-6 remakes.

OHHH I just realized that this serie is my prefered!! i watched it when i had 7... i loved it!but i didn't know the name..
Chinese New year?? I CAN T WAIT
Waaahh we have to wait 1 month..

Hmmmm I want to know, in the end, does the girl die? ='s i hope no But my mom told me that she had been violated and then she commited suicide U_u
and my dad told me that the end is happy that nobody dies -_-

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 23rd, '05, 22:55

So... this series should range right around 30-50 some odd episodes, yeah? So from January till probably the beginning of the following year will be this be on the air. Wow, believe me, I do not envy you guys the subbing work you agreed to do, but I am very grateful that you decided to do it. My goal's to actually re-learn enough Mandarin to be able to watch the last half without relying on subs... can't wait, the more I see this thread, the more excited I become... :cheers:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 23rd, '05, 23:40

ballistic88 wrote:So... this series should range right around 30-50 some odd episodes, yeah? So from January till probably the beginning of the following year will be this be on the air. Wow, believe me, I do not envy you guys the subbing work you agreed to do, but I am very grateful that you decided to do it. My goal's to actually re-learn enough Mandarin to be able to watch the last half without relying on subs... can't wait, the more I see this thread, the more excited I become... :cheers:

Originally 52 episodes but cut down 44 episodes due to rules & regulations in China.

Here's are the clips of the above images.

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2I7G ... KMQ71QHBTW

http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=17FI ... 9RGVYZXHZ0

**Pictures & Clips are provided by assassin.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 23rd, '05, 23:47

New XLN vs Old XLN.

XTC1212

lol crazylife

Post by XTC1212 » Dec 24th, '05, 20:03

dude you are really a hardcore fan crazy. ive been on other threads and on other sites and there you are. well i have only one question about this series at this point since ive seen the entire trilogy about 10 times over or more via different versions and what not. Is this going to be subbed by a group episode at a time? like is it going to air and then the following week we see it come out with subs? anyone know? i hope a good group takes this project since i really want to see it. i think liu yi fei is young looking but nice to look at at least you know? even though i just finished chinese paladin and her acting was...a little stiff...it still didnt bother me much since she is just nice to look at. Well anyways, anyone have information about the subbing of this please post. I'm not chinese so i have no clue. oh crazylife i was on another thread on asianfanatics and you posted links to preview music video types of things. are there anymore? you posted around 8 of em just to refresh your memory.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: lol crazylife

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 24th, '05, 20:10

XTC1212 wrote:dude you are really a hardcore fan crazy. ive been on other threads and on other sites and there you are. well i have only one question about this series at this point since ive seen the entire trilogy about 10 times over or more via different versions and what not. Is this going to be subbed by a group episode at a time? like is it going to air and then the following week we see it come out with subs? anyone know? i hope a good group takes this project since i really want to see it. i think liu yi fei is young looking but nice to look at at least you know? even though i just finished chinese paladin and her acting was...a little stiff...it still didnt bother me much since she is just nice to look at. Well anyways, anyone have information about the subbing of this please post. I'm not chinese so i have no clue. oh crazylife i was on another thread on asianfanatics and you posted links to preview music video types of things. are there anymore? you posted around 8 of em just to refresh your memory.
It would be nice if someone from China capture the series and upload it to us. I don't know if the DVD will show up at the same time. Hopefully, it comes out soon.

I had 18 MVs total...but my hard drive crash. I have nothing now. :roll

XTC1212

awww that sucks

Post by XTC1212 » Dec 24th, '05, 20:46

i like the songs of a couple of em. well hopefully this series is done well if it is fansubbed. is there an exact date it should air? is it exactly on chinese new years? i dont speak chinese but ive grown up with stuff since my dad is half chinese and my mom is part so ive watched this stuff since i was 9. Well i guess we will see in a month.

Xr8-S

Post by Xr8-S » Dec 25th, '05, 00:32

crazylife123,
Could you or someone else please tell me the years of the latest versions for this trilogy. I have the 2003 versions of LOCH and HSDS and I would like to know if they are the latest versions and if there is a 2003 version of ROCH.
Sorry if it's posted somewhere else, I haven't read all the posts here.

Thanks.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 25th, '05, 00:39

Xr8-S wrote:crazylife123,
Could you or someone else please tell me the years of the latest versions for this trilogy. I have the 2003 versions of LOCH and HSDS and I would like to know if they are the latest versions and if there is a 2003 version of ROCH.
Sorry if it's posted somewhere else, I haven't read all the posts here.

Thanks.
LOCH/HSDS '03 are the latest releases. As for ROCH, 98 with Fann/Chris & 98 Richie Ren version are the lastest one.

I believe the producer of LOCH '03/TLBB '03/ROCH '06 will make another HSDS in the near future. Right now, they're planning to do a remake of DoMD.

XTC1212

um sorry if this is weird

Post by XTC1212 » Dec 25th, '05, 00:53

hey crazy,
im not to familiar with the abbreviation DoMD since people call series and stuff different things and use different abbreviations. can you tell me the exact name? i prolly watched it before but i dont know the english name and cant think of a series that has those abbreviations.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Re: um sorry if this is weird

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 25th, '05, 01:38

XTC1212 wrote:hey crazy,
im not to familiar with the abbreviation DoMD since people call series and stuff different things and use different abbreviations. can you tell me the exact name? i prolly watched it before but i dont know the english name and cant think of a series that has those abbreviations.
Duke of Mount Deer. Right now, there's a poll on 'Chinese Series of Month' DoMD is also on the poll. If you want to watch it, vote for it. :mrgreen:

XTC1212

oh that one

Post by XTC1212 » Dec 25th, '05, 04:12

i didnt get to watch it but my sis rented it. i didnt like the characters much not to be mean to dicky. where do you vote for the shows? im new to these threads on here and voting on this site sorry. (newbie).

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 25th, '05, 20:48

Posted by Nameless Monk; Translated by Li Nhi

Jin Yong rated ROCH clip 85%/Points

Agrees with uniting Huang Xiao Ming & Liu Yi Fei

After viewing the ROCH clip, Jin Yong especially liked the part where YG & XLN were practicing their swordsmanship with an abundance of assorted flower pedals flying in the air. He is almost completely satisfied with LYF, the person who he, himself, chose to be the next XLN. “Her performance has certainly improved compared to TLBB.” Then there’s YG of HXM. In comparing him to Andy Lau and Louis Koo, “I was pretty satisfied with Andy’s portrayal, Louis too, but I feel that their YG was missing that ‘hero essence.’ YG’s handsomeness does not come from a ‘white-tassel scholar,’ HXM’s portrayal definitely fulfills my hope.”

Mainland’s adaptation will exceed that of Hong Kong

Jin Yong believes that the style of Mainland’s adaptation is right. “It certainly gives a person that romantic feeling. Even I was touched by the grueling pain and suffering of the two main lovers.” He also added that: “TLBB conveyed mostly of that proud manly heroic theme. ROCH conveys the theme of love and romance.” Indeed JY thinks very highly of this upcoming adaptation. “The HK and Taiwan’s audience were most satisfied with HK’s ROCH versions, but I have a feeling that Mainland’s will exceed HK’s.” When ROCH of Taiwan was mentioned, JY immediately shook his head and waved his hand. “That version absolutely had nothing to do with my work, too many changes. After XLN was raped, she was still happy and chatty; YG’s destiny almost had nothing to do with my work.” In comparison to Stephen Chow’s re-edited version of JY’s story, “Stephen Chow is a very creative and smart man. He knows how to impress his audience. Zhang Ji Zhong respects my work, and he is really strict in making his adaptations. From now on, I will no longer sell my copyright to any company carelessly in order to avoid unreasonable manipulations to my work like what happened in the past.”

The audience watches JY’s movies/series like eating ice cream

Even though JY commends Mainland’s adaptation of ROCH, his fans still criticizes it and are very judgmental. JY explains that: “In Legend of the Condor Heroes, a large number of audience/viewers lov[ed] Barbara Yung Mei Ling’s portrayal of Huang Rong. I think that’s because she left such a deep impression on them during their significant childhood or adolescent years. It reminds me of how I use to love eating Shang Hai ice cream when I was a child. Even though I tried American ice cream and Italian ice cream, I still only love Shang Hai ice cream. Could you really tell if Shang Hai ice cream is better than today’s ice cream? The audience’s evaluation is sort of like that metaphor.”

auroragb

Re: lol crazylife

Post by auroragb » Dec 26th, '05, 05:28

XTC1212 wrote:dude you are really a hardcore fan crazy. ive been on other threads and on other sites and there you are. well i have only one question about this series at this point since ive seen the entire trilogy about 10 times over or more via different versions and what not. Is this going to be subbed by a group episode at a time? like is it going to air and then the following week we see it come out with subs? anyone know? i hope a good group takes this project since i really want to see it. i think liu yi fei is young looking but nice to look at at least you know? even though i just finished chinese paladin and her acting was...a little stiff...it still didnt bother me much since she is just nice to look at. Well anyways, anyone have information about the subbing of this please post. I'm not chinese so i have no clue. oh crazylife i was on another thread on asianfanatics and you posted links to preview music video types of things. are there anymore? you posted around 8 of em just to refresh your memory.
A series as prominent and as hi-qual as this is bound to attract subbers. Don't know if it will be so quick because mainland series will be shown 5 ep a week. I think subbers will be hard pressed to follow such a rigorous schedule.

ydy / icefish will almost certainly have episodes as they are broadcast. I hope the DVD's will show up when they start broadcasting. I've been bugging my guy for months and he keeps saying "soon, soon!" :roll

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 26th, '05, 05:49

crazylife123 wrote:Posted by Nameless Monk; Translated by Li Nhi

Do you have any clippings on how he rated the other mainland adaptations? I thought LoCH had casting flaws. TLBB had pacing issues. Swordsman tried to be too literal ... Tho they all had fabulous production quality :) I think that LoCH was my fave of the mainlanders ...

The beauty of JY's writing is the classic atmosphere it instills in the reader. he brings you to another world, another time, many adaptations forget that quality of his writing and focus on the words, or they try to reimagine the stories too much

K-KisS84

Post by K-KisS84 » Dec 26th, '05, 11:05

PLeaseee, i just want to know if XLN dies in the end ='s

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 26th, '05, 11:12

auroragb wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:Posted by Nameless Monk; Translated by Li Nhi

Do you have any clippings on how he rated the other mainland adaptations? I thought LoCH had casting flaws. TLBB had pacing issues. Swordsman tried to be too literal ... Tho they all had fabulous production quality :) I think that LoCH was my fave of the mainlanders ...

The beauty of JY's writing is the classic atmosphere it instills in the reader. he brings you to another world, another time, many adaptations forget that quality of his writing and focus on the words, or they try to reimagine the stories too much
Sorry, I dont have any. :salut:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 26th, '05, 11:13

K-KisS84 wrote:PLeaseee, i just want to know if XLN dies in the end ='s
There might be a happy ending...the series will be out in a month...just watch the series. :mrgreen:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 26th, '05, 19:48

VietZeus

Post by VietZeus » Dec 26th, '05, 21:52

Yes she dies at the end. However, they said they would make little changes to the original story so I would love to see the ending change. :cry:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 26th, '05, 22:25

VietZeus wrote:
Yes she dies at the end. However, they said they would make little changes to the original story so I would love to see the ending change. :cry:
VietZeus...what remake did you watch?

'83 - Andy Lau
'95 - Louis Koo
'98 - Richie Ren or Chris Lee

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 27th, '05, 08:02

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Dec 27th, '05, 08:17

Just a quick, but heartfelt request to no one in particular... no more spoilers please? Or at least, warn us before you decide to pop one up? I understand this series has had a huge following from the git go, but for noobs like myself, I'd love to experience this series much the same way a lot of you did the first time you watched it... without any expectations or dread of what's to come next (especially with regards to the fate of each of the characters). More often than not, it's the journey that counts, and not necessarily the destination itself, ey? Thank you very much for listening...! :D

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 27th, '05, 08:26

ballistic88 wrote:Just a quick, but heartfelt request to no one in particular... no more spoilers please? Or at least, warn us before you decide to pop one up? I understand this series has had a huge following from the git go, but for noobs like myself, I'd love to experience this series much the same way a lot of you did the first time you watched it... without any expectations or dread of what's to come next (especially with regards to the fate of each of the characters). More often than not, it's the journey that counts, and not necessarily the destination itself, ey? Thank you very much for listening...! :D

However, some of these spoilers are misleading.

But you are right. NO MORE SPOILERS!!!!

If you want to know more about the series, just watch the damn thing and don't ask questions!!!!

Well, questions that leads to spoilers.

ballistic...you haven't watch any of the past remakes? Did you watch LOCH or HSDS yet?

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 27th, '05, 09:14

XTC1212

Post by XTC1212 » Dec 28th, '05, 09:47

well to those who havent watched any of the older makes of this series, this series is awesome through and through. this story is particularly good but i prefer the 1st one LoCH more than this. the reason being...well you will see what happens =(. but other than that ONE particular scene, this series is enjoyable. the last part of the trilogy HSDS is fun but it's sad that the main character is kinda wishy washy when it comes to actually acting like a leader. well i'm really looking forward to this remake since it is a mainland one and a lot of beautiful ladies in here especially LYF. I watched her previous series and she is really pretty but her acting is...yeah. hopefully she improves. thanks to crazy throughout this whole time for keeping the fans updated with pics and movies. APPRECIATE it much! domo arigatoo! honto arigatoo. ja.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 28th, '05, 17:38

~shinigami~

Post by ~shinigami~ » Dec 30th, '05, 07:10

So crazylife123, any new updates on the series?

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 31st, '05, 04:36

~shinigami~ wrote:So crazylife123, any new updates on the series?
No news lately. Release date should around Chinese New Year.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Dec 31st, '05, 17:57

For those people who adore Guo Xiang(Yang Mi)...you can watch her in action in this mini-series. She costar with Hu Ge from Chinese Paladin. There are only 6 episodes but they're complete. People who can understand Chinese will enjoy this mini-series since there are no english subs as of now. This story is similar to 'A Chinese Ghost Story'. I'm not sure if she film this role before or after ROCH.

Here are a few screen captures:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Ep. 1 can be download here:

http://www.webfilehost.com/dl_file.php?fid=8941

Ep. 2 can be download here:

http://www.webfilehost.com/dl_file.php?fid=8926

Ep. 3 can be download here:

http://www.webfilehost.com/dl_file.php?fid=8931

Ep. 4 can be download here:

http://www2.rapidupload.com/file.php?filepath=10489

Ep. 5 can be download here:

http://www.webfilehost.com/dl_file.php?fid=8934

Ep. 6 can be download here:

http://www8.rapidupload.com/file.php?filepath=8821

azndgn26

Post by azndgn26 » Dec 31st, '05, 18:00

thx fer da upload :cheers:

~shinigami~

Post by ~shinigami~ » Jan 1st, '06, 00:53

Thank You so much crazylife. :D

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Jan 1st, '06, 01:03

No problem man...want you guys to enjoy as much as I did. LoL

Anways, here a new clip/trailer/sample of ROCH that was use to show Jin Yong. I really really like the scenery/environment/sound/music of this series. It is truly amazing/epic/compelling...so far the best looking chinese series up to date.

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2GM2 ... GIMTBMF3LV

Sana

Post by Sana » Jan 1st, '06, 04:37

VietZeus wrote:
According to my sources, I've heard that she dies by eating toxic fish from a polluted pond. That's what happen when people don't listen to Captain Planet.

kenshinxx78

Post by kenshinxx78 » Jan 1st, '06, 07:07

When will this drama be available ?_?" :blink

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Jan 1st, '06, 07:36

kenshinxx78 wrote:When will this drama be available ?_?" :blink
Should be out on Chinese New Year.

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Jan 1st, '06, 20:58

crazylife123 wrote:
ballistic88 wrote:Just a quick, but heartfelt request to no one in particular... no more spoilers please? Or at least, warn us before you decide to pop one up? I understand this series has had a huge following from the git go, but for noobs like myself, I'd love to experience this series much the same way a lot of you did the first time you watched it... without any expectations or dread of what's to come next (especially with regards to the fate of each of the characters). More often than not, it's the journey that counts, and not necessarily the destination itself, ey? Thank you very much for listening...! :D

If you want to know more about the series, just watch the damn thing and don't ask questions!!!!

ballistic...you haven't watch any of the past remakes? Did you watch LOCH or HSDS yet?
No, unfortunately not yet. I'm still trying my best to clear up enough space right now to DL HSDS. I'm actually fairly certain I saw LOCH when I was a kid. I used to live in Asia up until I was 13, so I distinctly remember watching this series when it was new (1983?). I was so young then that by the time the series aired, it was my bedtime! :blink I'm really having a hard time finding stuff that I understand. A good majority of the DVD's/VCD's available are dubbed in Vietnamese for some reason. I remember my ex-gf going nuts over it when she found a store up in Northern Cali who carried it. I'd really prefer to buy the DVD's, but so far, no luck on English subs... and my Mandarin is uhmm, hella rusty at best, and my Cantonese is basically non-existent. My mom speaks Fukien, so she's no help in the translations even when I still lived with her. Once this version of ROCH is subbed, then this is going to be my first time watching, and actually remembering it. Now you can see why I'm so excited when this finally comes out!! :thumright:

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Jan 1st, '06, 21:07

ballistic88 wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:

No, unfortunately not yet. I'm still trying my best to clear up enough space right now to DL HSDS. I'm actually fairly certain I saw LOCH when I was a kid. I used to live in Asia up until I was 13, so I distinctly remember watching this series when it was new (1983?). I was so young then that by the time the series aired, it was my bedtime! :blink I'm really having a hard time finding stuff that I understand. A good majority of the DVD's/VCD's available are dubbed in Vietnamese for some reason. I remember my ex-gf going nuts over it when she found a store up in Northern Cali who carried it. I'd really prefer to buy the DVD's, but so far, no luck on English subs... and my Mandarin is uhmm, hella rusty at best, and my Cantonese is basically non-existent. My mom speaks Fukien, so she's no help in the translations even when I still lived with her. Once this version of ROCH is subbed, then this is going to be my first time watching, and actually remembering it. Now you can see why I'm so excited when this finally comes out!! :thumright:
Well, when you do get to watch this series, you might not like the past remakes. It's just going to look crappy.

There are so much hype on this series. The series will air Chinese New Year Jan. 29th but the crew are not even done with the series yet. They're holding an audition for XLN qin/zither sound from Jan 1- Jan 15. I believe it's just for marketing. Smart way to do it. I'll draw a lot of crowd.

People will definitely sub this series. You'll get to watch this series in Feb.

Here's two new small clips.

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=16O0 ... Z3I67WP1XQ

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0WXN ... HCKL4P1KRN

ballistic88

Post by ballistic88 » Jan 3rd, '06, 04:08

As usual, thanks crazylife123 for the info, updates, and the Yang Mi stuff. Say, what's that drama called, btw?

~shinigami~

Post by ~shinigami~ » Jan 3rd, '06, 04:17

Another praise here for crazylife! :cheers:

Thanks for giving us updates and clips.

extraminion

Post by extraminion » Jan 3rd, '06, 10:47

any idea when i can get raw of tis movie when this series is release ?

thank you

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 3rd, '06, 17:13

extraminion wrote:any idea when i can get raw of tis movie when this series is release ?

thank you
They'll almost certainly be on icefish and ydy when they are broadcast (Jan 29). Someone will probably cross post the torrent files on the d-addicts torrent page when they are available. Tho, they will probably in rmvb format.

The dvd's will hopefully be available at your local friendly Chinese video store :)
ballistic88 wrote:As usual, thanks crazylife123 for the info, updates, and the Yang Mi stuff. Say, what's that drama called, btw?
the Yang Mi series seems to be the new adaptation of Liao Zhai (basically a collection of Chinese ghost stories)

Hmmm... it occurs to me that Jan 29 is a Sunday. I hope this doesn't mean that it will be a weekly series that only shows one episode a week on Sun

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Jan 3rd, '06, 17:25

auroragb wrote:
extraminion wrote:any idea when i can get raw of tis movie when this series is release ?

thank you
They'll almost certainly be on icefish and ydy when they are broadcast (Jan 29). Someone will probably cross post the torrent files on the d-addicts torrent page when they are available. Tho, they will probably in rmvb format.

The dvd's will hopefully be available at your local friendly Chinese video store :)
ballistic88 wrote:As usual, thanks crazylife123 for the info, updates, and the Yang Mi stuff. Say, what's that drama called, btw?
the Yang Mi series seems to be the new adaptation of Liao Zhai (basically a collection of Chinese ghost stories)

Hmmm... it occurs to me that Jan 29 is a Sunday. I hope this doesn't mean that it will be a weekly series that only shows one episode a week on Sun
Most likely Jan 30th.

I hope people from China capture this from their tv and upload it. I'll purchase the DVD when it comes out and upload HQ in d-addicts.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 3rd, '06, 17:43

crazylife123 wrote:Most likely Jan 30th.

I hope people from China capture this from their tv and upload it. I'll purchase the DVD when it comes out and upload HQ in d-addicts.
Based on past experience. I predict at least 3 versions of the DVD.
1. crappy compressed pirate version (there will probably be at least 2 of these)
2. semi-official version with better encoding released while the series is broadcast
3. alternate official version with some bonus features released after the series is done

have you any news on merchandising plans?

btw, do you know if this will be based on the "revised" version? I heard lots of complaints about the new revisions ...

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Jan 3rd, '06, 18:00

auroragb wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:Most likely Jan 30th.

Based on past experience. I predict at least 3 versions of the DVD.
1. crappy compressed pirate version (there will probably be at least 2 of these)
2. semi-official version with better encoding released while the series is broadcast
3. alternate official version with some bonus features released after the series is done

have you any news on merchandising plans?

btw, do you know if this will be based on the "revised" version? I heard lots of complaints about the new revisions ...
there was a promotional set but it was only for the media. there was a scrapbook of the series included. not sure if that will be on dvd set.

so far i heard that this remake stick to novel more than past series.

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 3rd, '06, 18:35

crazylife123 wrote:there was a promotional set but it was only for the media. there was a scrapbook of the series included. not sure if that will be on dvd set.

Problem is, Jing yong did a 2004/2005 revision to the novel at the behest of a publisher doing a reissue of the Works of Jing Yong. I think that one of the changes was to the ending ... so I wonder which did they follow, the original novelization or the revised one ...

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Jan 3rd, '06, 20:14

auroragb wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:there was a promotional set but it was only for the media. there was a scrapbook of the series included. not sure if that will be on dvd set.

Problem is, Jing yong did a 2004/2005 revision to the novel at the behest of a publisher doing a reissue of the Works of Jing Yong. I think that one of the changes was to the ending ... so I wonder which did they follow, the original novelization or the revised one ...
most likely the revised one...but we'll never know...well..not until the end of next month.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jan 3rd, '06, 23:17

Its easy to figure out if its the revised version or not, just take note of what the name of who the rapist is. If it isn't the same as past series then its the revised version. JY made a different character who was the rapist because the original one was a historical character and some people made a fuss about it.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Jan 3rd, '06, 23:21

Ruroshin wrote:Its easy to figure out if its the revised version or not, just take note of what the name of who the rapist is. If it isn't the same as past series then its the revised version. JY made a different character who was the rapist because the original one was a historical character and some people made a fuss about it.
You're right. I believe it was one of disciple of Elder Taoist who did the raping now.

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Jan 4th, '06, 02:28

XTC1212

Post by XTC1212 » Jan 4th, '06, 02:45

lol you guys pointed out that ONE particular scene i hated. well whatever happens i'll still hate that scene to death.

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ruroshin » Jan 4th, '06, 03:04

hey you know I just had a thought, since this series is going to be release in 2006 shouldn't it be Return of the Condor Heroes 2006?

crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by crazylife123 » Jan 4th, '06, 03:45

Ruroshin wrote:hey you know I just had a thought, since this series is going to be release in 2006 shouldn't it be Return of the Condor Heroes 2006?
people thought it was going to be release in 2005. didnt know it took this long...they're still delaying the series...they're not even finish with the sound track.

~shinigami~

Post by ~shinigami~ » Jan 4th, '06, 03:52

Ruroshin wrote:hey you know I just had a thought, since this series is going to be release in 2006 shouldn't it be Return of the Condor Heroes 2006?
I thought the same thing but then I remembered that it was filmed/produced in 2005. So I don't know if people go by the release year or the production year.