Login Issue? Delete D-addicts cookie from your browser settings and login again.

[CDrama] Return Of The Condor Heroes (CCTV, 2006)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
Post Reply
User avatar
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 811
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 23:42
Location: S. Cali

Post by crazylife123 » Feb 17th, '06, 02:15

eighteen wrote:the broadcast time is finally sure:
17th,March 2006 on Zhe Jiang TV Station-4 channal.
http://www.cztv4.com/Document.asp?ID=1306
that's good to hear...now we need a confirm date on the vcd/dvd release...vcd should be out this monday...but we'll have to see.

User avatar
meowwwwwww
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 13th, '06, 08:47

Post by meowwwwwww » Feb 17th, '06, 02:24

Yeah, I read about the supposed English dub last night and I was like, you're kidding me right? Gugh, as much as I want to get my Chinese-illiterate hubby into the show, an Eng dub is not something I'm looking forward to... Unless, by some wacky miracle, they actually get it right.

I_love_LYF
Posts: 1
Joined: Feb 17th, '06, 03:15

Post by I_love_LYF » Feb 17th, '06, 03:27

meowwwwwww wrote:Yeah, I read about the supposed English dub last night and I was like, you're kidding me right? Gugh, as much as I want to get my Chinese-illiterate hubby into the show, an Eng dub is not something I'm looking forward to... Unless, by some wacky miracle, they actually get it right.
Yep, I know you. ROCH is such a romantic love story which you want to share with your lover. ZJZ has declared DVD ROCH will issue around March 5th.

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 17th, '06, 04:24

LoL. everyone is getting very obsessed with Liu Yi Fei :wub: :heart: :wub:

auroragb
Posts: 1138
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 15:16

Post by auroragb » Feb 17th, '06, 06:00

Ruroshin wrote:
eighteen wrote: and the good news is they will publish international version first(have english sound).
english sound? good gawd I sure hope they meant english subbed and not english dubbed XD
the article says foreign language audio tracks. I think that they meant Thai and vietnamese, these are key markets for international distribution of c-dramas. English subtitles may be possible, but english speaking market is not very high in the priority list ... We shall see ...

As for the delay, this confirms what I read earlier about the series going head to head against seven swords

sunnyvn
Posts: 13
Joined: Jan 7th, '06, 22:36
Location: San Diego, CA

Post by sunnyvn » Feb 17th, '06, 06:23

auroragb wrote:
Ruroshin wrote:
eighteen wrote: and the good news is they will publish international version first(have english sound).
english sound? good gawd I sure hope they meant english subbed and not english dubbed XD
the article says foreign language audio tracks. I think that they meant Thai and vietnamese, these are key markets for international distribution of c-dramas. English subtitles may be possible, but english speaking market is not very high in the priority list ... We shall see ...

As for the delay, this confirms what I read earlier about the series going head to head against seven swords
Are u saying that the Vietnamese version will come out before the english sub? I gotta check out my video store. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LiarLiar
Posts: 56
Joined: Jan 7th, '06, 23:10
United States of America

Post by LiarLiar » Feb 17th, '06, 07:59

I guess we finally have some good news, Mar. 5 isn't so bad a few weeks away. Hopefully this is a final date. I might be a little too harsh on this series on my last post, but can you blame me for being a little piss off. I hoping for a great series.
Last edited by LiarLiar on Feb 17th, '06, 09:01, edited 2 times in total.

AznEnigma69
Posts: 15
Joined: Jan 22nd, '06, 11:37

Post by AznEnigma69 » Feb 17th, '06, 08:13

seriously, this series is getting annoying .........though 4 more days that it going to comes out but in the end they add another 17 more days to the time we hope it coming out. THIS SERIES BETTER AWW AND WOW ME or am going to B**ch at them!!

User avatar
meowwwwwww
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 13th, '06, 08:47

Post by meowwwwwww » Feb 17th, '06, 11:44

It makes sense that by foreign tracks they mean some other Aisan languages instead of English, though it's easy to assume the "international" edition, as the article calls it, should feature the international language, aka English.

Well this is sort of a good and bad thing for me. After getting over the initial shock, i was actually kinda interested in checking out the Eng dub. :mrgreen:

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 17th, '06, 21:24

meowwwwwww wrote:It makes sense that by foreign tracks they mean some other Aisan languages instead of English, though it's easy to assume the "international" edition, as the article calls it, should feature the international language, aka English.

Well this is sort of a good and bad thing for me. After getting over the initial shock, i was actually kinda interested in checking out the Eng dub. :mrgreen:
eng dubbed is no good. they somehow always manage to mess up one way or another

lorien86
Posts: 29
Joined: May 29th, '05, 23:47

Post by lorien86 » Feb 17th, '06, 23:13

sunnyvn wrote:
auroragb wrote:
Ruroshin wrote: english sound? good gawd I sure hope they meant english subbed and not english dubbed XD
the article says foreign language audio tracks. I think that they meant Thai and vietnamese, these are key markets for international distribution of c-dramas. English subtitles may be possible, but english speaking market is not very high in the priority list ... We shall see ...

As for the delay, this confirms what I read earlier about the series going head to head against seven swords
Are u saying that the Vietnamese version will come out before the english sub? I gotta check out my video store. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
i'm all for the vietnamese version...lol

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 17th, '06, 23:56

me too since i am viet, but for some reason i still want it to be in the original language. :scratch:
if its in viet then i might be able to help u all translate it :lol

pacchi
Posts: 19
Joined: Jan 24th, '06, 18:00
Location: VIP lounge = my room

Post by pacchi » Feb 18th, '06, 01:05

In VIET holy holy praise the lord. Man i'm so happy that they have viet dubbed version because Vietnamese has alot of origin from Chinese so it might be easier to translate and I can understand it more than English sub.

sunnyvn
Posts: 13
Joined: Jan 7th, '06, 22:36
Location: San Diego, CA

Post by sunnyvn » Feb 18th, '06, 02:25

Does anybody know how long after the release of the Raw version that the Viet version will be out?

User avatar
meowwwwwww
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 13th, '06, 08:47

Post by meowwwwwww » Feb 18th, '06, 08:10

of _the_fire_roots wrote:
meowwwwwww wrote:It makes sense that by foreign tracks they mean some other Aisan languages instead of English, though it's easy to assume the "international" edition, as the article calls it, should feature the international language, aka English.

Well this is sort of a good and bad thing for me. After getting over the initial shock, i was actually kinda interested in checking out the Eng dub. :mrgreen:
eng dubbed is no good. they somehow always manage to mess up one way or another
Percisely why I'd have liked to check it out. It'd be a hoot! :lol

K-KisS84
Posts: 87
Joined: Mar 27th, '05, 19:07
Location: Paris! France

Post by K-KisS84 » Feb 18th, '06, 13:56

Ow ow ow
I Hope That VCDs will be released the 5th March
>.< I'm waiting For them!

inoinamei
Posts: 5
Joined: Feb 18th, '06, 14:19

i just saw the trailer

Post by inoinamei » Feb 18th, '06, 14:31

i can see their strings (ropes) that r attached to some of the characters...isn't that considered bad setup??? looks good. but if u can see that...uMMmm gotta think twice about it

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Re: i just saw the trailer

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 18th, '06, 16:14

inoinamei wrote:i can see their strings (ropes) that r attached to some of the characters...isn't that considered bad setup??? looks good. but if u can see that...uMMmm gotta think twice about it
are you serious? they took forever on this series and they didnt even complelety edit it yet?

Ruroshin
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 1136
Joined: Dec 6th, '03, 00:57
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: i just saw the trailer

Post by Ruroshin » Feb 18th, '06, 21:57

of _the_fire_roots wrote:
inoinamei wrote:i can see their strings (ropes) that r attached to some of the characters...isn't that considered bad setup??? looks good. but if u can see that...uMMmm gotta think twice about it
are you serious? they took forever on this series and they didnt even complelety edit it yet?
maybe he just saw previews that was just before post editing was done. The series hasn't been released yet right? All the other CCTV JY productions have been top notch I highly doubt they will go slack on this one considering all the time they've spent on it so far.

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Re: i just saw the trailer

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 19th, '06, 01:03

Ruroshin wrote:
of _the_fire_roots wrote:
inoinamei wrote:i can see their strings (ropes) that r attached to some of the characters...isn't that considered bad setup??? looks good. but if u can see that...uMMmm gotta think twice about it
are you serious? they took forever on this series and they didnt even complelety edit it yet?
maybe he just saw previews that was just before post editing was done. The series hasn't been released yet right? All the other CCTV JY productions have been top notch I highly doubt they will go slack on this one considering all the time they've spent on it so far.
that is true. they spend so much time and money on this series, it would be a shame if they had visible wires.

User avatar
meowwwwwww
Posts: 8
Joined: Feb 13th, '06, 08:47

Re: i just saw the trailer

Post by meowwwwwww » Feb 19th, '06, 03:19

of _the_fire_roots wrote:
Ruroshin wrote:
of _the_fire_roots wrote: are you serious? they took forever on this series and they didnt even complelety edit it yet?
maybe he just saw previews that was just before post editing was done. The series hasn't been released yet right? All the other CCTV JY productions have been top notch I highly doubt they will go slack on this one considering all the time they've spent on it so far.
that is true. they spend so much time and money on this series, it would be a shame if they had visible wires.
They wouldn't. :mrgreen:

ph05
Posts: 1
Joined: Feb 1st, '06, 00:25

Post by ph05 » Feb 19th, '06, 16:44

when will dvd be out?

User avatar
YouShan
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 99
Joined: Feb 4th, '06, 22:20
Contact:

Post by YouShan » Feb 19th, '06, 23:04

I hope the fansub will be softsub :lol .
I like my dvds optional so I can do it without english.

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 19th, '06, 23:05

YouShan wrote:I hope the fansub will be softsub :lol .
I like my dvds optional so I can do it without english.
most likey not. i would be more than likey hardsubbed.

User avatar
Gummi Bear
Posts: 130
Joined: Mar 10th, '05, 02:38
Location: with Bi

Post by Gummi Bear » Feb 20th, '06, 20:01

Will it be release today or the producer is going to delay it yet again??

Gi-Ma-Mi
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 433
Joined: Jan 30th, '05, 16:19
Location: USA

Post by Gi-Ma-Mi » Feb 20th, '06, 20:13

YouShan wrote:I hope the fansub will be softsub :lol .
I like my dvds optional so I can do it without english.
me too, it would be easier for those who download other versions
:D

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 20th, '06, 21:23

Gi-Ma-Mi wrote:
YouShan wrote:I hope the fansub will be softsub :lol .
I like my dvds optional so I can do it without english.
me too, it would be easier for those who download other versions
:D
true but sometimes when you use it for other versions, the subs are off and that annoys the hell out of me.
Gummi Bear wrote:Will it be release today or the producer is going to delay it yet again??
didnt u hear? they delayed til march 17.

haguan
Posts: 3
Joined: Jan 23rd, '06, 02:28

strings strings strings

Post by haguan » Feb 21st, '06, 05:10

Ahhh, I was watching the previews and everything was great until I saw the strings. Damn, it threw off my fantasizing of the characters actually flying through the air. I do hope they just didn't have time to edit it yet otherwise I will have to really use my imagination to pretend it wasn't there or pretend I am seeing the making of the show..hahahahah..

User avatar
chenwei
Posts: 24
Joined: Oct 5th, '05, 20:27
Location: East

Post by chenwei » Feb 21st, '06, 17:38

hmmm Zhejiang TV-4 station.


any native Zhejiangers ere?

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Re: strings strings strings

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 21st, '06, 21:22

haguan wrote:Ahhh, I was watching the previews and everything was great until I saw the strings. Damn, it threw off my fantasizing of the characters actually flying through the air. I do hope they just didn't have time to edit it yet otherwise I will have to really use my imagination to pretend it wasn't there or pretend I am seeing the making of the show..hahahahah..
i believe that was before the editting. the director would never leave the rope/wires/strings visible becuase i am sure he knows that it would upset all the fans... a lot.... :lol

User avatar
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 811
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 23:42
Location: S. Cali

Post by crazylife123 » Feb 21st, '06, 21:40

most of clips we've watched weren't edited...it was still raw. You won't see any wires for this series. They did a really good job in LOCH '03

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 21st, '06, 22:00

is there any newer clips for this series?

User avatar
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 811
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 23:42
Location: S. Cali

Post by crazylife123 » Feb 21st, '06, 22:23

you guys should visit http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/index.php? for more pix and videos of the series. nearly 200 pages long...LoL

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 21st, '06, 23:47

i looked through those this morning already. i was just wondering if there was any other clips... :whistling:
just trying to find something to do to pass the time until they finally decide to release ROCH '06

for anyone out there thats still waiting for ROCH and wants something to do to pass the time. you can always read the novel. i read the first several chapters and was addicted to it!
find it at: http://www.wuxiapedia.com/novels/jin_yo ... ant_knight
i hope you guys enjoy reading it, its much more detailed than the series.

auroragb
Posts: 1138
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 15:16

Post by auroragb » Feb 22nd, '06, 19:08

of _the_fire_roots wrote:i looked through those this morning already. i was just wondering if there was any other clips... :whistling:
just trying to find something to do to pass the time until they finally decide to release ROCH '06

for anyone out there thats still waiting for ROCH and wants something to do to pass the time. you can always read the novel. i read the first several chapters and was addicted to it!
find it at: http://www.wuxiapedia.com/novels/jin_yo ... ant_knight
i hope you guys enjoy reading it, its much more detailed than the series.
Well, the high quality of the books is the exact reason why Jing Yong's works get adapted again and again. I'd dare say half the literate guys of Chinese heritage born after 1960 have read his works. I know I read it a few times thru as a teenager. I had to borrow the tattered, worn out version from the library, because buying Chinese books in the US is just too expensive

ahong
Posts: 107
Joined: Jan 23rd, '06, 18:07

Post by ahong » Feb 23rd, '06, 21:32

can someone upload the series onto megashares please, thanks!

User avatar
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 811
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 23:42
Location: S. Cali

Post by crazylife123 » Feb 23rd, '06, 22:27

ahong wrote:can someone upload the series onto megashares please, thanks!
we would if we could... :salut:

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 24th, '06, 00:57

crazylife123 wrote:
ahong wrote:can someone upload the series onto megashares please, thanks!
we would if we could... :salut:
actually crazylife, i dont think we would upload it on megashares even if we had it. :mrgreen:

ahong the series hasnt came out yet. it is sceduled to release on the 17 of march.

User avatar
megawarriors
Posts: 4
Joined: Jan 2nd, '06, 23:41
Location: Finland
Contact:

Music video of ROCH 2005

Post by megawarriors » Feb 24th, '06, 11:17

There is this kind of music-video of this new ROCH:

http://www.hakomaki.net/roch2005/Return ... 202005.wmv

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Re: Music video of ROCH 2005

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 24th, '06, 23:03

megawarriors wrote:There is this kind of music-video of this new ROCH:

http://www.hakomaki.net/roch2005/Return ... 202005.wmv
thanks. i am going check this out.

User avatar
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 811
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 23:42
Location: S. Cali

Post by crazylife123 » Feb 25th, '06, 08:50

xln looks good in this scene and she could kick ass...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P85GFZ2J

User avatar
chenwei
Posts: 24
Joined: Oct 5th, '05, 20:27
Location: East

Post by chenwei » Feb 25th, '06, 13:40

hehe, that clip is fun crazylife ><

u see the typical buildup of an action scene in it ><

User avatar
clement
Posts: 19
Joined: Feb 10th, '06, 07:30

Post by clement » Feb 25th, '06, 16:08

Anyone know which specific channels will air this series in China ?

User avatar
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 811
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 23:42
Location: S. Cali

Post by crazylife123 » Feb 25th, '06, 20:17

new mv provided by asassin of spcnet.

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2RTT ... ZL83TWBWF5

ahong
Posts: 107
Joined: Jan 23rd, '06, 18:07

Post by ahong » Feb 25th, '06, 20:29

what is an mv?

User avatar
Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 340
Joined: Jan 24th, '04, 22:23
Location: ::Jiang Hu::

Post by Calcifer » Feb 25th, '06, 21:07

MV = music video.

User avatar
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 811
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 23:42
Location: S. Cali

Post by crazylife123 » Feb 25th, '06, 21:15

Calcifer wrote:MV = music video.
calcifer...you have any idea who's the singer for that MV?

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 25th, '06, 22:07

thanks for the new clip crazylife.

--edit--
damn. i forgot i already downloaded and watched it from spcnet
clement wrote:Anyone know which specific channels will air this series in China ?
Zhejiang TV-4 station.

auroragb
Posts: 1138
Joined: Aug 30th, '05, 15:16

Post by auroragb » Feb 26th, '06, 04:11

crazylife123 wrote:
Calcifer wrote:MV = music video.
calcifer...you have any idea who's the singer for that MV?
It's Yi Yan Wan Nian (一眼万年) by SHE. I didn't get around to getting their new album yet, I like it :)
Also it's a fan MV, not really an official MV. But it's very nice!

User avatar
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 811
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 23:42
Location: S. Cali

Post by crazylife123 » Feb 26th, '06, 05:03

auroragb wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:
Calcifer wrote:MV = music video.
calcifer...you have any idea who's the singer for that MV?
It's Yi Yan Wan Nian (一眼万年) by SHE. I didn't get around to getting their new album yet, I like it :)
Also it's a fan MV, not really an official MV. But it's very nice!
yeah...i thought it was SHE...never got around listening to any music...just like downloading music from the fan made mv from roch...LoL

wodeai
Posts: 56
Joined: Dec 2nd, '05, 14:31

Post by wodeai » Feb 26th, '06, 08:09

crazylife123 wrote:new mv provided by asassin of spcnet.

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2RTT ... ZL83TWBWF5
YSI and Magaupload dont work for me via blocking
can you up on other

User avatar
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 811
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 23:42
Location: S. Cali

Post by crazylife123 » Feb 26th, '06, 11:10

wodeai wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:new mv provided by asassin of spcnet.

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2RTT ... ZL83TWBWF5
YSI and Magaupload dont work for me via blocking
can you up on other
where can i upload so that you could download it?

btw...here's another clip

here's another clip...
http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=18DM ... 0P0QJE2QCE

wodeai
Posts: 56
Joined: Dec 2nd, '05, 14:31

Post by wodeai » Feb 26th, '06, 16:54

crazylife123 wrote:
wodeai wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:new mv provided by asassin of spcnet.

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2RTT ... ZL83TWBWF5
YSI and Magaupload dont work for me via blocking
can you up on other
where can i upload so that you could download it?

btw...here's another clip

here's another clip...
http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=18DM ... 0P0QJE2QCE
can you upload on uploading.com
and i need above clip too

User avatar
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 811
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 23:42
Location: S. Cali

Post by crazylife123 » Feb 26th, '06, 18:51

Subtitles for the short clip with XLN and YG in the field...

Here's an example of my subbing...with the help of assasin's translations. I add/edit a few lines here and there...not sure if they're correct but i've tried my best to make it readable/enjoyable...it's in *.srt format. you will need to download vobsub to view the subtitles. just move/copy the file to same folder as the video clip file. i'm hoping the timing is okay...

http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=28T6 ... 8YEH8G106K
Last edited by crazylife123 on Feb 26th, '06, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 811
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 23:42
Location: S. Cali

Post by crazylife123 » Feb 26th, '06, 19:11

wodeai wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:
wodeai wrote:
YSI and Magaupload dont work for me via blocking
can you up on other
where can i upload so that you could download it?

btw...here's another clip

here's another clip...
http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=18DM ... 0P0QJE2QCE
can you upload on uploading.com
and i need above clip too
just uploaded to that site but cant figure out how to use it...where is the link? or do i need to register?

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 27th, '06, 01:19

yay! finally a clip with subs. thanks crazylife. :-)

User avatar
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 811
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 23:42
Location: S. Cali

Post by crazylife123 » Feb 27th, '06, 01:20

of _the_fire_roots wrote:yay! finally a clip with subs. thanks crazylife. :-)
did it work? how was the timing?

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 27th, '06, 04:50

crazylife123 wrote:
of _the_fire_roots wrote:yay! finally a clip with subs. thanks crazylife. :-)
did it work? how was the timing?
i cant seem to get the subs to work. i have vobsubs and am sure it works cause i am able to watch others. shouldnt the file be *.ogm instead of *.wmv? vobsub doesnt automatically start with the clip. i have them in the same folder. i dont know if anyone else has this problem?

User avatar
Calcifer
AiRen
AiRen
Posts: 340
Joined: Jan 24th, '04, 22:23
Location: ::Jiang Hu::

Post by Calcifer » Feb 27th, '06, 05:00

I checked it out. Timing's not bad :) What did you use? A program, or the old-fashioned pausing-restarting way?

And wow, the clip is a bit odd...Yang Guo sounds like an overeager high school student asking XLN to be his date. Rather than telling her he's always thought of her as his beloved deep in his heart. Hope his character is more mature overall in the series than in this scene. :P

User avatar
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 811
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 23:42
Location: S. Cali

Post by crazylife123 » Feb 27th, '06, 05:00

of _the_fire_roots wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:
of _the_fire_roots wrote:yay! finally a clip with subs. thanks crazylife. :-)
did it work? how was the timing?
i cant seem to get the subs to work. i have vobsubs and am sure it works cause i am able to watch others. shouldnt the file be *.ogm instead of *.wmv? vobsub doesnt automatically start with the clip. i have them in the same folder. i dont know if anyone else has this problem?
are you using windows media player to play the file? if you are...then you have the same problem i had with the subs...for some unknown reason...the sub will not show up in windows media player using *.wmv files...try downloading this player...

windows media player classic

http://www.tucows.com/start_dl/299014_113560_660

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 27th, '06, 05:47

Calcifer wrote:I checked it out. Timing's not bad :) What did you use? A program, or the old-fashioned pausing-restarting way?

And wow, the clip is a bit odd...Yang Guo sounds like an overeager high school student asking XLN to be his date. Rather than telling her he's always thought of her as his beloved deep in his heart. Hope his character is more mature overall in the series than in this scene. :P
Calcifer, what kind of player did you use to play the clip with the subs?
crazylife123 wrote:
of _the_fire_roots wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:
did it work? how was the timing?
i cant seem to get the subs to work. i have vobsubs and am sure it works cause i am able to watch others. shouldnt the file be *.ogm instead of *.wmv? vobsub doesnt automatically start with the clip. i have them in the same folder. i dont know if anyone else has this problem?
are you using windows media player to play the file? if you are...then you have the same problem i had with the subs...for some unknown reason...the sub will not show up in windows media player using *.wmv files...try downloading this player...

windows media player classic

http://www.tucows.com/start_dl/299014_113560_660
i did use WMP. i'll get the classic and retry it.
Last edited by of _the_fire_roots on Feb 27th, '06, 06:01, edited 2 times in total.

sunnyvn
Posts: 13
Joined: Jan 7th, '06, 22:36
Location: San Diego, CA

Post by sunnyvn » Feb 27th, '06, 06:00

of _the_fire_roots wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:
of _the_fire_roots wrote:yay! finally a clip with subs. thanks crazylife. :-)
did it work? how was the timing?
i cant seem to get the subs to work. i have vobsubs and am sure it works cause i am able to watch others. shouldnt the file be *.ogm instead of *.wmv? vobsub doesnt automatically start with the clip. i have them in the same folder. i dont know if anyone else has this problem?
Are u sure the wmv file has the same name with the sub's?

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 27th, '06, 06:03

yes i am postive. i know how to work *.srt files. and i know it must be the exact name. it still doesnt work but with the WMP classic it works perfectly. the translations was very good and the timing was great also. thanks crazylife and assasin for providing and subbing this clip

User avatar
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 811
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 23:42
Location: S. Cali

Post by crazylife123 » Feb 27th, '06, 06:18

of _the_fire_roots wrote:yes i am postive. i know how to work *.srt files. and i know it must be the exact name. it still doesnt work but with the WMP classic it works perfectly. the translations was very good and the timing was great also. thanks crazylife and assasin for providing and subbing this clip
*.wmv save a lot of disk space but too much trouble for viewers...most likely the episodes will be in *.avi format...that clip was just a test...

hopefully, the series will be release next week...all we can do now is enjoy the little clips... :salut:

lorien86
Posts: 29
Joined: May 29th, '05, 23:47

Post by lorien86 » Feb 27th, '06, 17:01

crazylife123 wrote:
of _the_fire_roots wrote:yes i am postive. i know how to work *.srt files. and i know it must be the exact name. it still doesnt work but with the WMP classic it works perfectly. the translations was very good and the timing was great also. thanks crazylife and assasin for providing and subbing this clip
*.wmv save a lot of disk space but too much trouble for viewers...most likely the episodes will be in *.avi format...that clip was just a test...

hopefully, the series will be release next week...all we can do now is enjoy the little clips... :salut:
i especially like avi format as well... too bad i can't help with subtitling or anything... all i can do is help seed... lol...

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 27th, '06, 17:37

is it going to be hardsubbed or softsubbed?

wodeai
Posts: 56
Joined: Dec 2nd, '05, 14:31

Post by wodeai » Feb 27th, '06, 18:20

crazylife123 wrote:
wodeai wrote:
crazylife123 wrote:
where can i upload so that you could download it?

btw...here's another clip

here's another clip...
http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=18DM ... 0P0QJE2QCE
can you upload on uploading.com
and i need above clip too
just uploaded to that site but cant figure out how to use it...where is the link? or do i need to register?
uploading.com is also blocked
now sendspace.com still work
can you ul on sendspace

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 27th, '06, 18:52

heres another clip - scene where YG swears to only love XLN.
all credits goes to assasin.
http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2Y01 ... C8TU7NG1GK

sunnyvn
Posts: 13
Joined: Jan 7th, '06, 22:36
Location: San Diego, CA

Post by sunnyvn » Feb 28th, '06, 05:18

I have most of the posted mv's in mp3 format. I don't know if you guys like it or not. If you guys want, I can upload them up so u can put them in ur Ipod. BTW, not all the songs are real ROCH OST, because some of the MV's are made by fans, and I honestly can't tell :roll :roll :P :P

User avatar
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 811
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 23:42
Location: S. Cali

Post by crazylife123 » Feb 28th, '06, 05:28

sunnyvn wrote:I have most of the posted mv's in mp3 format. I don't know if you guys like it or not. If you guys want, I can upload them up so u can put them in ur Ipod. BTW, not all the songs are real ROCH OST, because some of the MV's are made by fans, and I honestly can't tell :roll :roll :P :P
yeah...most are fan made mvs...would be nice if you upload the mp3s..i know some people like the songs...

Grapz
Posts: 23
Joined: Dec 19th, '05, 23:07

Post by Grapz » Feb 28th, '06, 13:34

so is the VCD or DVD going to be released next mon?

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Feb 28th, '06, 16:30

Grapz wrote:so is the VCD or DVD going to be released next mon?
VCD is released next monday. DVD is who knows when.

anyone know if the subs will be hardsubbed or softsubbed?

User avatar
~shinigami~
Posts: 160
Joined: Sep 20th, '05, 06:32
Location: Australia

Post by ~shinigami~ » Feb 28th, '06, 23:45

of _the_fire_roots wrote:
Grapz wrote:so is the VCD or DVD going to be released next mon?
VCD is released next monday. DVD is who knows when.

anyone know if the subs will be hardsubbed or softsubbed?
Monday, aye?

Damn, I would've thought that some sites would have it available for pre-order but I can't find anything.

User avatar
crazylife123
Fansubber
Fansubber
Posts: 811
Joined: Apr 29th, '05, 23:42
Location: S. Cali

Post by crazylife123 » Mar 1st, '06, 03:05

17 Minutes Long Clip...HXM has some good acting abilities here...the past Yang Guo dont even come close....

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3S5W ... HJ8A30KSAN

of _the_fire_roots
Posts: 134
Joined: Dec 3rd, '05, 03:52

Post by of _the_fire_roots » Mar 1st, '06, 03:22

crazylife123 wrote:17 Minutes Long Clip...HXM has some good acting abilities here...the past Yang Guo dont even come close....

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3S5W ... HJ8A30KSAN
he was much better than the others at this part. i was kinda surprised when he yelled at his uncle.
the coolest part was when he yells:
There’s no wrong.
I did no wrong. I hurt no one.
Go ahead and kill me. I will marry my Gu Gu!!!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest