18%
Other (please write which one it is)
6%

Total votes: 17

Kamenekochan

Wuxia Recommandation and favourite wuxia poll

Post by Kamenekochan » May 9th, '15, 21:05

Hi everyone,

I'd like some recommandation on which wuxia to watch next.
I'd like to see something not too harsh (what I mean is something like Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei, I couldn't finish that, the acupuncture torture, etc. are too much for me...) but not too sentimental either.

Here are the wuxia I watched and liked :
(Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei being the only wuxia I didn't finish)

The Young warriors
Legend of the condor heroes 2008
Paladin in troubled times
Royal Tramp
Sword stained with royal blood
Da ren wu
Chinese Paladin
Chinese paladin 3
Xuan Yuan Sword - Rift of the Sky
Xiao ao jiang hu 2001
Drunken kung fu (didn't like this one much)

Plus, I'd like to know which wuxia is your favourite ! There's no one around me who likes/knows wuxia so I'd like to know what you all like ^^

Chiyoko Fansub

Re: Wuxia Recommandation and favourite wuxia poll

Post by Chiyoko Fansub » May 12th, '15, 15:33

I actually have a hard time trying to figure out what show some of the names really are in Chinese but out of the ones I know of, I really like Lan Ling Wang.
If it's the one I'm thinking of course. the one starring Feng Shao Feng?

Kamenekochan

Post by Kamenekochan » May 12th, '15, 23:14

You can write the name of the shows you like in chinese if it's easier for you ^^

Yes it's indeed that Lan Ling Wang, I haven't watched it yet, I liked Lin Yi Chen in 射雕英雄传 so I think I'll give it a try :D I hesitated since I don't know Feng Shao Feng. Is it mainly romance ?

Chiyoko Fansub

Post by Chiyoko Fansub » May 13th, '15, 01:07

yah alot of romance, but it's not like bad romance so i didn't mind it much. Fen Shao Feng is actually pretty good. I think the character suited him well.

Kamenekochan

Post by Kamenekochan » May 16th, '15, 13:19

I'll add this to my list then, I'll see where I can download it first. Thanks for your recommendation ^^

ffun

Post by ffun » Mar 1st, '19, 07:57

I love princess agents and wondering when is the sequel coming up? Anyone?

ffun

Post by ffun » Mar 1st, '19, 07:59

anyone can advise where to download wuxia drama with eng sub? A lot of those from streaming site do not have eng sub :(

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Mar 1st, '19, 11:26

ffun wrote: Mar 1st, '19, 07:59 anyone can advise where to download wuxia drama with eng sub? A lot of those from streaming site do not have eng sub :(
540p-ZASK's Pastebin and A Virtual Voyage. PM

PM sent as I'm not allowed to put links out openly.

Nudafu
Australia

Post by Nudafu » Jul 22nd, '21, 07:41

My most recent favourite wuxia: Shao Nian You Zhi Yi Cun Xiang Si aka 少年游之一寸相思 aka Love in Between. A pet peeve I had about the title translation: the original title based on the novel is just Yi Cun Xiang Si. Literally it means: An Inch of Lovesickness. It has a double meaning: it is the name of the female lead's weapon and it infers that that weapon is the inch of longing separating the male and female lead. A nod to both the wuxia and central tension of the story. I would've liked something like: Separated by An Inch of Longing.

A low budget 2020 wuxia that has set my new standard for wuxia. This film apparently could only access most scenes at night. Newbies for leads. About zero marketing. The wuxia made up for it's lack by superb filming. It's been a long time since I've seen anyone pay attention to using light to work the emotions of scenes in C-drama. The most important part: the fighting. Limited CGI, more focus on fighting choreography. Which is what I like. A highlight was the 2nd male lead, known as the best swordsman. He really knows how to use a Chinese longsword. Instead of the usual fare we are served i.e. someone swinging an inert stick of metal, the 2nd lead swordsman pierced and subtly whipped the longsword as it is meant to be used. The part that I was most impressed with, in one of his last battles, was that I could clearly see him letting the blade slide into a pierce instead of commanding the pierce. No one goes to that level of detail unless they really care for the fighting choreography. In this wuxia, they certainly care for the fighting.

Happily, this wuxia has all been uploaded to the big Y and translated into English. Recommended.