Recommended C-Dramas (Ask for suggestions here)

Discuss chinese drama series here.
auroragb

Post by auroragb » Dec 5th, '11, 21:18

I would recommend "In Time With You" with Ariel Lin. Wow! Awesome tearjerker

Bubujinxin was good, but the time travel seemed bolted on and unnecessary to the drama.

Haven't seen qianshanmuxue. Will keep an eye out for it.

Sakari

Post by Sakari » Dec 6th, '11, 12:48

I keep count of Asian dramas I watch. Chinese, I have started 25 and finished 5. The latest of those five is Material Queen, and that's what I want to recommend The story is nothing revolutionary, but the lead couple is adorable and the look of the drama, the colours, the camerawork, the clothes, the accessories, the hairdos... Everything is so beautiful or so strange. Not to mention the music...

Silverman

Post by Silverman » Dec 11th, '11, 22:39

Girls and boys, I'm looking for dramas, which contain fantasy-/science-fiction-elements. But it has to be a modern-day drama (so no wuxia-dramas like Paladin, except its a modernday wuxia-drama). The combination of genres is not that important, so it can be a romcom/fantasy, like "Change" or something else.

chuegl

Post by chuegl » Dec 12th, '11, 00:32

Please Please Please. I am asking again. Chinese Serial Drama - Live With In-Laws.
Surely someone MUST have seen that TV show, or at least heard about it.
I NEED to get this drama. HELP !
Thumbnails @ http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_93133.htm

auroragb

Post by auroragb » Jan 6th, '12, 04:15

Silverman wrote:Girls and boys, I'm looking for dramas, which contain fantasy-/science-fiction-elements. But it has to be a modern-day drama (so no wuxia-dramas like Paladin, except its a modernday wuxia-drama). The combination of genres is not that important, so it can be a romcom/fantasy, like "Change" or something else.
Pawn shop #8 http://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_Pawnshop_No._8 is my fave in that genre.
Modern fantasy/sci-fi is pretty rare nowadays. the most recent one that comes to mind is http://wiki.d-addicts.com/The_M_Riders (a bit of a Harry Potter theme)

ladymoi14

Post by ladymoi14 » Jan 6th, '12, 06:12

1. Huan Zhu Gege 1 & 2
2. Meteor Garden. but i prefer the first one :mrgreen:
3. Mars
4. Silence
5. Dolphin Bay
6. 100% Senorita
7. Corner With Love
8. Devil Beside You
9. Snow Angel
10. It Started With A Kiss

belovedpeartree

Ghost Husband

Post by belovedpeartree » Jan 30th, '12, 16:21

I haven't yet found another Mandarin-language drama that matches, much less surpass, the level of "Ghost Husband". Unfortunately, no one has bothered to subtitle Ghost Husband, which leaves this masterpiece at my mercy. As someone who grew up in North America, I should be the last choice translator, but again, nobody has stepped up to the plate. Here's a challenge to someone with native-level Mandarin to do the drama world a huge favor- please translate Ghost Husband into English.

Here are my translations of selected scenes from Ghost Husband. At my current rate of one minute dialogue in one and a half hour, don't count on me to be able to subtitle the entire series (22 episodes). There's so much great dialogue, great acting, great directing in this series. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/belovedpeartree

autumnsoliloquy

Post by autumnsoliloquy » Feb 7th, '12, 20:31

I haven't watched many Chinese-language dramas so please recommend some to me? Anything dealing with romance or family relationships or serious melodrama is good, but please no romantic comedies/teenage romance sort. I like historical dramas, but modern is good too. I'm a sucker for TEARJERKERS basically.

I've watched: HZGG, Jin Yong wuxia dramas, Romance in the Rain, Bu Bu Jin Xin
Examples of faves (Korean, Japanese): Capital Scandal, Soredemo Ikite Yuku, Love Revolution

Much appreciation in advance!

belovedpeartree

Post by belovedpeartree » Feb 8th, '12, 02:38

autumnsoliloquy wrote:I haven't watched many Chinese-language dramas so please recommend some to me? Anything dealing with romance or family relationships or serious melodrama is good, but please no romantic comedies/teenage romance sort. I like historical dramas, but modern is good too. I'm a sucker for TEARJERKERS basically.

I've watched: HZGG, Jin Yong wuxia dramas, Romance in the Rain, Bu Bu Jin Xin
Examples of faves (Korean, Japanese): Capital Scandal, Soredemo Ikite Yuku, Love Revolution

Much appreciation in advance!
Did you say tearjerkers? Okay, then you will definitely enjoy Ghost Husband and Wan Jun. These are Qiong Yao's real masterpieces, which came along a few years before HZGG. I recommend GH and WJ out of all of Qiong Yao's dramas the most because while they are tearjerkers, they also end well. The endings are very well crafted. You won't be disappointed or depressed by how the stories end. At least, I wasn't at all. The stories are dramatic and realistic at the same time. The emotions depicted and the way the characters talk and behave are very true to life. The story has a perfect blend of bitter and sweet. Please tell me you can follow Mandarin alright, I hope? Because neither of these dramas have proper English subs yet. Like I mentioned, I translated a few scenes of GH, but it would spoil the experience for someone who was watching it for the first time. There are some viewers who found my Youtube videos because they remembered watching GH when they were kids, perhaps with subs in their native language. But GH is not available on the internet in most languages besides Mandarin, Cantonese, or Khmer (I think).

toenail

Recommend me a drama

Post by toenail » Feb 14th, '12, 10:11

I want to try cdrama, partly because I was crazy about chinese movies and wuxia series when I was much younger, and also to re-learn Mandarin. What would you recommend for:

- Mandarin, with English subs to help me understand
- Funny / humorous and happy ending
- NOT Rainie Yang
- not too long (not over 20 eps)

vancoland

Post by vancoland » Feb 18th, '12, 01:04

cdrama or twdrama? If you're looking for a good humorous cdrama, you're out of luck with the 20 eps mark. Most cdramas like being 40 eps long. Twdramas on the other hand may be 20 eps long. Fated to Love You currently holds the highest ratings for a twdrama, but my personal favorite is It Started With a Kiss.

If you're actually looking for a cdrama with depth, humor, and a solid story, Bu Bu Jing Xin is definitely the drama of the year. It's 35 eps but well worth the watch and never a scene wasted. You can watch it at Viki with English subs.

Mikhail

Post by Mikhail » Feb 25th, '12, 00:22

vancoland wrote:You can watch it at Viki with English subs.
Thanks! I've watched through all the Jiang Hu stuff & I couldn't find more subbed series.

moadeep

Post by moadeep » Mar 2nd, '12, 20:39

I tried posting in the gen discussion thread, but didn't get a response, so I'm reposting this in the individual versions ;)
I've got a lot of stressful stuff going on right now and I need fluff! I need feel good fluffy dramas, but ones that don't have me headdesking with plot holes. Help me pretty pretty please!

quotie

Recommendations for good wuxi a dramas?

Post by quotie » May 3rd, '12, 18:03

I am currently looking for good wuxia dramas with lots and good fighting scenes (only which have english sub), like The Kung Master with Donnie Yen or Stained Sword with Royal Blood.

Any good advices?

Following dramas I have seen:
Tian Long Ba Bu
The Kung Fu Master (short Version)
Stained Sword with Royal Blood
Wing Chun
The Tai Chi Master
Condor Heroes series
Laughing in the Wind
Young Warriors
Magical Needle
Genius Phyisician Ti Ying
Proud Twins
Big Shot
Spirit of the Sword
Chess Warriors
Fox Volant of Snowy Mountain
Royal Tramp
Lotus Lantern
Wind and Cloud 2

Have seen some more, but don't remember them now. Any need for reupload or seed, just tell me.

arcticmoonrise
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by arcticmoonrise » May 13th, '12, 14:40

I haven't really watched a lot of wuxia dramas but I thought Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei is good especially the fighting scenes. It's subbed by Jiang Hu and you can ddl it in doramax264.com. I'm not sure if the torrents are still working though.

gongmin

Post by gongmin » Jun 11th, '12, 10:22

RECOMMEND ME Chinese or Taiwanese dramas in Mandarin Chinese, please! I'm trying to learn the language. What's your must-see list? I'm not a huge fan of syrupy glitter romances nor wuxia. I've liked 1 Litre of Tears, Kamisama mou sukoshi dake, City Hunter, Bloody Monday and Holyland very much from the Japanese dramas.

gek herry s

Post by gek herry s » Jun 11th, '12, 15:21

need advice too :-)

l_nanddo

Post by l_nanddo » Jul 15th, '12, 13:47

I enjoy a lot 'In Time With You" and "Autumns Concerto".
Now I'am watching "Loves Keep Going" ~

jy(:

Post by jy(: » Jun 1st, '13, 02:55

These 4 i recommend are a MUST WATCH! YUP, WATCHING THESE WILL NOT MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE IT IS A WASTE OF TIME, AND YOUR TIME SACRIFICE WILL BE WORTH IT.

1) IN TIME WITH YOU - near perfect script! p.s: that male lead is one whom anyone will fall in love with, and ariel lin will never fail your expectations! This drama won 7 awards in the golden bell awards, a RECORD BREAKER!

2) FATED TO LOVE YOU- one word: HILARIOUS! If you want to have a good laugh after a long day this drama is for you!

3) AUTUMN CONCERTO - This one has a stellar storyline. The characters were well explored and Xiao xiao bin in this drama just melts your heart!

4) THE FIERCE WIFE- Stellar script. Too good. Not your typical family drama with all the quarrels, but its quarrels HAVE SUBSTANCE. It will make you reflect deeply on some social issues today.

Mwulf

Post by Mwulf » Aug 8th, '13, 20:28

Hm... I was about to make a thread, but maybe it's better to ask here, first.

I just learned (for some reason) that Wuxia television shows are, like, an actual thing.

Color me excited.

I've been watching the 2010 Three Kingdoms show and I absolutely love it. Easily one of my top-two favorite television shows of all time. I also plan on checking out the 2011 Journey to the West adaptation.

Any recommendations for other things I should check out? I prefer historical drama, but anything based on any of the old, classic novels would be great. I don't suppose there are any good shows based on Fenghsen Yanyi?

erica13lin

loving, never forgetting

Post by erica13lin » Jul 1st, '14, 02:48

where I can watch new jerry yan's drama " loving, never forgetting" with eng sub?tq

doodoofan

Post by doodoofan » Sep 2nd, '14, 12:14

My all time favorite Chinese drama is Princess Returning Pearl 1998 version and my favorite Taiwanese drama is Hana Kimi. I'm sure you'll fall in love with these dramas if you give them a try.

BoggoSonyeo

Re: RECOMMENDED/FAVORITE CHINESE DRAMAS

Post by BoggoSonyeo » Jun 14th, '15, 19:35

Hello.

Can anyone suggest a good Chinese drama about forbidden love? Teacher - student?

Keiko1981
Administrator
Administrator
Sweden

Post by Keiko1981 » Dec 14th, '15, 16:28

Is there any Chinese drama about/that takes place in Diyu (realm of the dead)?

Soon I will finish reading "Playground" by Lars Kepler. Large parts of the book takes place in a similar city, where people stay while they wait to be able to return to life.

abuwrist

Post by abuwrist » Dec 20th, '15, 05:29

BoggoSonyeo wrote:Hello.

Can anyone suggest a good Chinese drama about forbidden love? Teacher - student?
Isnt forbidden love korean movie?

LuffyNoTomo
Fansubber
Fansubber

Post by LuffyNoTomo » Mar 9th, '19, 10:52

so theres this new Taiwanese drama called Hello Again! or i think the Chinese translation is Did you attend a University? but Did you go to Collage sounds better
at any rate this is the best series i have seen in a looooong time~! OMG its so freakin' awesome

i love it but so far only subs i can find are 1-6 and eps 7-8 are up - the subs aren't timed but that's easy fix - so if someone is making subs for this series i thank you greatly~!

dunb pat

Post by dunb pat » Jul 3rd, '21, 11:14

FALLING INTO YOUR SMILE.

I recently started watching this series and liked it very much.

Synopsis:

In the ultra-competitive world of e-sports, the all-male ZGDX OPL team is second to none. Armies of adoring female fans follow the team wherever it goes. But when one of the team’s star players suffers a hand injury, the tall, handsome, and notoriously hard-to-please ZDGX captain Lu Si Cheng will not be rushed into choosing a replacement.

The petite, lollipop-loving Tong Yao, meanwhile, is a budding amateur gamer – obsessed with OPL. Her skills are exceptional, but she is of the firm belief that in the male-dominated world of pro gaming, love is a big no-no – even though her own ex-boyfriend was a gamer. When the ZDGX team manager learns of her skills, he contacts her, thinking that recruiting her as the scene’s first female player will help score a major PR coup. Lu Si Cheng is dismissive of her initially, but eventually agrees to accept her as a substitute – a move that polarizes the team’s fanbase. But as they start to get to know one another better, could a closer bond begin to form between them?

Watch the first episode here:

Code: Select all

https://shrinke.me/uPcRjXBm

peebee
Hong Kong

Post by peebee » Oct 23rd, '21, 16:38

2021 two of the best dramas
the female and male leads are the same.

One is historical (original): One and Only
link for the first episode with english subs:

https://shrinke.me/NoklLVc
A follow-up in modern time: Forever and Ever
link for the first episode with english subs:

https://shrinke.me/ZsaI3u2
The historical one is super sad, it doesn't need a lot of narration with good actors and actresses.
So glad there is a modern follow-up story or I'll cry my eyes out...eeek

Admin - Keiko1981
Please take a moment to read the forum rules, thank you

doanvantho92

Post by doanvantho92 » Feb 23rd, '22, 17:52

School drama chinese 2022 - When I Fly Towards You
In the early autumn of 2012, Yucai Middle School, welcomed a new student named Su Zai Zai, a cheerful transfer girl. On the first day of school, Su Zai Zai saw a guy who is also her classmate and fall in love with him at first sight. The guy actually school bully, Zhang Lu Rang who always rude to everyone around him. However, his life changes forever when he met Su Zai Zai that made him understood the meaning of self and slowly began to understand how to plan his life. They both slowly developed love for each other and gained happiness together.

https://youtu.be/zH14X89bQco